Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Campbell’s Soup REVISES iconic labels

Is nothing sacred?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 29, 2021 1:20 AM

There was nothing wrong with the previous label, outside of the massive typo on the sodium amount in the Nutrition Facts.

by Anonymousreply 1July 28, 2021 5:51 PM

As someone who is a Warhol fanatic, I personally feel indifferent to the new design. I don’t eat Campbells soup regularly so maybe my opinion doesn’t count — but the design of the label has been watered down to the ugly 1930s-like simplification of logos and text. This is an awful trend in the food packaging industry to make people feel like their choices are fresher and “home-made”.

by Anonymousreply 2July 28, 2021 5:55 PM

As a typography nerd, I really don't like the boring new font for SOUP at the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 3July 28, 2021 5:58 PM

I got watered down also. One oak leaf branch at a time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 28, 2021 6:01 PM

I assumed they added the photo for the illiterate and dyslexic?

by Anonymousreply 5July 28, 2021 6:08 PM

I found it interesting that they always have 3 cover flaps. I believe the group placed on the cover flap is the one only seen in the newsstand and I think the most coveted. The middle and third flaps seem to have groupings with lesser star-values .

by Anonymousreply 6July 28, 2021 7:11 PM

Ooops wrong thread. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 7July 28, 2021 7:12 PM

I haven’t eaten Campbell’s Soup in ages, but the old cans were iconic. The new one seems to be generic.

by Anonymousreply 8July 28, 2021 7:13 PM

They need to bring back Heinz's Great American Soups.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 29, 2021 12:54 AM

They should work on improving what's INSIDE the can instead.

by Anonymousreply 10July 29, 2021 12:55 AM

Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 11July 29, 2021 12:56 AM

How will we recognize it on the shelf??

by Anonymousreply 12July 29, 2021 12:56 AM

I like the new one. The gold really pops and it has a fresh, clean, bright look. My only criticism is that the Tomato Soup text at the bottom half could’ve been better.

by Anonymousreply 13July 29, 2021 1:03 AM

I’d have never noticed.

by Anonymousreply 14July 29, 2021 1:07 AM

And now for a word from our sponsor...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 29, 2021 1:10 AM

These classic foods no longer taste as good with gmhoes and hfcs.

Doesn't matter what the label looks like, the taste is gone.

by Anonymousreply 16July 29, 2021 1:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!