Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

McCarthy labels Cheney and Kinzinger "Pelosi republicans" a day ahead of the first Jan 6 hearing

A day before the U.S. House’s new select committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection holds its first public hearing, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy called Reps. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., and Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill. — who agreed to sit on the panel after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi rejected two of McCarthy’s picks — “Pelosi Republicans.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77July 27, 2021 6:56 PM

Speaking to reporters in the Rose Garden at a White House ceremony commemorating the anniversary of the Americans With Disabilities Act, McCarthy was asked whether he planned to punish Cheney and Kinzinger for agreeing to participate in the select probe.

“We’ll see,” McCarthy said before giving them the disparaging label.

As Cheney entered an afternoon prep session for Tuesday’s hearing, she was asked about McCarthy’s comments.

“I think that’s pretty childish,” Cheney said.

“We’ve got very serious business here,” she said. “And we’ve got important work to do.”

Last week Pelosi barred two of McCarthy’s five selections — Reps. Jim Banks, R-Ind., and Jim Jordan, R-Ohio — from the 13-member committee she set up to investigate the deadly Capitol attack.

Banks and Jordan are staunch allies of former President Donald Trump and voted to reject the election results in the hours after the siege.

Pelosi insisted that her opposition to having them on the panel had nothing to do with their vote but that they had “made statements and taken actions” that would threaten the integrity of the committee.

McCarthy, in turn, withdrew all five of his picks, accusing Pelosi of playing partisan politics and vowing that he would launch his own investigation.

Pelosi had already named Cheney to the panel. She added Kinzinger on Sunday.

The select committee will hold its first public hearing Tuesday, with testimony from police officers who were brutally beaten during the attack.

“We need to hear how they felt,” Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., the select committee’s chairman, said earlier this month. “We need to hear what people who broke into the Capitol said to them.”

by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2021 6:55 PM

look at McCarthy trying the Trump tactic of pinning a label on his enemies. You know the asshole right wing media will start using this now. It'll be a catch-all for any repub who dares to defy Trump and call out his anti-American conduct

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2021 6:56 PM

McCarthy is so weak. A strong leader would have cast them out of the party conference already.

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2021 6:58 PM

I suppose that's better than being Trump's bitch.

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2021 7:00 PM

A strong leader would stand up for democracy and to Trump's Big Lie, R3. This isn't Russia.

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2021 7:02 PM

A "Pelosi Republican" sounds much better and more dignified than "Trump's shithole licker"

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2021 7:03 PM

"Pelosi Republicans" sounds like something Chump would say.

They sure are sweating this, almost like they know it's going to be a disaster... What will their distraction be? Iran? Tarable Reade? More hackers?

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2021 7:04 PM

That fucking asshole was pleading for Trump's help to call off those savages while he was cowering in the Capitol. He knows precisely who is responsible. He's Trump's cuck. Spineless, traitorous filth. I don't doubt Liz is going to go nuclear on him because she has nothing to lose. She knows some Trumper will take her seat, but there's still moneyed Republicans who are repulsed by the trash who've taken over the party

by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2021 7:07 PM

He's so concerned about what the Committee may uncover about him and his shitty party, he's trying his best to undermine them before it begins. He's so transparent it's appalling. McFarty is an empty shell and devoid of any integrity, he has got nothing else to give but insults. Selling your soul to the Devil in order to achieve your ultimate goal of being House Leader is not the definition of leadership.

My dream is that he and his party are ANNIHILATED in the midterms. This type of behavior cannot stand and has to be punished most severely. A crushing defeat is the only thing they would understand.

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2021 7:09 PM

McCarthy is in grave danger if he doesn't find a way to personally distant himself from Trump. Doesn't he know that Trump's friends always get dragged down to the dumpster? Being in the cahoots with Trump seems to be such a sure thing to jeopardize your career if not even your personal life.

And say what you want about McConnell. That man is smart. McCarthy is not. He is a scandal to happen. Don't know it for a fact, but I know it's true. My money is on an underage page with an abortion. And more money is on my guess that Giuliani has those receipts.

by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2021 7:21 PM

It's time for Miss Nancy to do her coup de grâce and appoint her third Republican so that the announcement will make the 6PM news! Maybe John Kasich? Or, someone high up in the military?

by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2021 7:23 PM

Aaron Schock is unavailable due to his busy schedule of paid sex work.

by Anonymousreply 12July 26, 2021 7:24 PM

[quote]McFarty is an empty shell and devoid of any integrity, he has got nothing else to give but insults.

Blah. Blah. Blah! "Sticks and stones", honey...

Republicans are still raising insane amounts of cash and passing restrictive voting laws. Oh! And, redistricting (AKA; gerrymandering) is right around the corner. They're accomplishing their mission while Democrats spin on the thumb that's up their asses.

by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2021 7:31 PM

I agree, R13. And it won't change until people like Schumer are gone.

by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2021 8:19 PM

I wonder what McCarthy plans to do with his threat of "his own investigation". If McCarthy assembles a committee, they'll have NO subpoena power. The only "witnesses" they'd get would be Trumpster willing witnesses. I realize that would make good tv for the right wing media but the mainstream media will pummel them as a joke

I don't see how Nancy loses here

and Cheney/Kinzinger will have to fend off right wing attacks so that helps Democrats even more

by Anonymousreply 15July 26, 2021 8:21 PM

R15, you think Uday Cheney is scared of right-wing attacks? That cunt was born in the pits of hell. Pretty sure nothing phases her.

by Anonymousreply 16July 26, 2021 8:26 PM

[quote] I wonder what McCarthy plans to do with his threat of "his own investigation". If McCarthy assembles a committee, they'll have NO subpoena power.

If the normal election pattern holds, in 18 months his committee will have subpoena power. He just needs to wait until after the election.

by Anonymousreply 17July 26, 2021 8:34 PM

Oh, dearing myself: fazes*

by Anonymousreply 18July 26, 2021 8:35 PM

[quote]Pelosi insisted that her opposition to having them on the panel had nothing to do with their vote but that they had “made statements and taken actions” that would threaten the integrity of the committee.

[quote]McCarthy, in turn, withdrew all five of his picks, accusing Pelosi of playing partisan politics and vowing that he would launch his own investigation.

If Nancy had been playing partisan politics, she would have nixed all five of McSnerd’s picks.

He doesn’t actually think anyone with two brain cells to rub together buys his crap, does he?

by Anonymousreply 19July 26, 2021 8:41 PM

Are the hearings going to be televised?

by Anonymousreply 20July 26, 2021 8:46 PM

Yes, R20! Why do you think Republicans are desperately trying to sabotage this? The four officers kick off the hearing tomorrow. That's going to be VERY emotional! GREAT television! And, that is what scares the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 21July 26, 2021 9:12 PM

Both Liz Cheney and Kinzinger have been fundraising like crazy.

by Anonymousreply 22July 26, 2021 9:19 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 26, 2021 9:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 26, 2021 9:32 PM

What is the end game for this group.If it is found that the Republicans and MAGATs conspired to take down the government. Which they obviously did. What would the punishment consist? Biden is killing capital punishment. it ticks me off the traitorous insurrectionists will probably get lighter sentences than the folks who rioted and looted Scottsdale and Portland stores. And that ain’t right.

by Anonymousreply 25July 26, 2021 9:36 PM

[quote]What is the end game for this group.If it is found that the Republicans and MAGATs conspired to take down the government. Which they obviously did. What would the punishment consist?

Ya know... That's a VERY good question! What would happen? Republicans literally allowed Trump and his thieves to trample over the Constitution and rule of law without any consequences. Republicans couldn't give a shit about history. So... they're guilty. Then what? Or, so what?

by Anonymousreply 26July 26, 2021 9:43 PM

In an ideal and sane world, it would open the eyes of many voters....for 2022 and moving forward. Of course, magats are entrenched and I don't know how effective this would be. I hope it would swing the votes of saner repubs next year. I can only hope.

by Anonymousreply 27July 26, 2021 9:48 PM

[quote]Republicans literally allowed Trump and his thieves to trample over the Constitution and rule of law without any consequences.

Allowed?

Encouraged!

Co-conspired!

by Anonymousreply 28July 26, 2021 9:59 PM

[quote]In an ideal and sane world, it would open the eyes of many voters....for 2022 and moving forward.

Nearly half the country watches FOX exclusively and solely. They won't even bother looking at the hearings. FOX (and the other right=wing media) will simply edit as they see fit.

BUT, a possible bright spot is that there are still A LOT of people still at home who might tune in. A ratings bonanza? That's language that Trump and his people understand!

by Anonymousreply 29July 26, 2021 10:08 PM

[quote]Republicans are still raising insane amounts of cash and passing restrictive voting laws. Oh! And, redistricting (AKA; gerrymandering) is right around the corner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 26, 2021 10:11 PM

While Democrats spin on the thumb that's up their assesR30...

by Anonymousreply 31July 26, 2021 10:31 PM

yeah most likely the hearings will only be shown partly during the day live and then ignored at night or, even worse, they'll have on McCarthy, Jordan, Nunes, Banks, Stefankik etc who lie and falsely label these hearings as "farces" and "partisan witch hunts". I wish the Democrats were stronger with messaging but they aren't. They always think the truth will speak for itself. They've got to get out and correctly label the repubs as the liars, propagandists and traitors.

What matters is how swing voters/independents view these hearings. We know the repub base itself is not going to have its mind changed. So that is why it's so important that Cheney and Kinzinger are on this committee

Democrats really need to use the findings of this committee to hammer the repubs during the midterms next year. McCarthy needs to be rightfully branded as Trump's stooge who supports sedition and insurrection against the US

by Anonymousreply 32July 26, 2021 10:34 PM

*yeah most likely the hearings will only be shown partly during the day live ON RIGHT WING MEDIA and then ignored at night

by Anonymousreply 33July 26, 2021 10:35 PM

The Republicans sure are terrified of this investigation.

by Anonymousreply 34July 26, 2021 10:46 PM

I .

Want .

Evidence .

I want transcripts of phone/text records of Jordan, Mrs. Potato head, McCarthy, et al spelling out quite literally their seditious, cowardly, hateful ways.

If it’s specific enough, sensational enough, irrefutable enough - even FOX will run it.

by Anonymousreply 35July 26, 2021 11:16 PM

[quote]I wish the Democrats were stronger with messaging but they aren't. They always think the truth will speak for itself.

Something that Republicans depend upon in order to know that their own tactics will be very successful. I mean... is Miss Nancy the ONLY Democrat that knows how to get down in a street fight?

by Anonymousreply 36July 26, 2021 11:20 PM

Schumer is an embarrassment to Brooklyn. He's constantly bested by an asshole from KY.

by Anonymousreply 37July 26, 2021 11:45 PM

^^A New Yorker you would think would have steel balls....nope. It was surprising at first...now disappointing, and it disgusts me.

by Anonymousreply 38July 26, 2021 11:49 PM

McCarthy is an imbecile

by Anonymousreply 39July 26, 2021 11:53 PM

R38, it's infuriating when you consider how much NY sends so that KY doesn't shrivel up and die and yet McConnell is the one who acts like he comes from a state that isn't shit. So it really doesn't fucking matter if the Republicans control the senate or not, because we have shit red states with no money and smaller populations than friggin Brooklyn alone, getting to control everything.

I'm not a huge fan of Cuomo's, but when he told off McConnell, it was a thing of beauty. Schumer is too nice to those assholes. Same with Feinstein.

by Anonymousreply 40July 26, 2021 11:57 PM

Karen "Mother" Pence should be called to testify. She's probably been straining at the leash these past six months, and might just go for the jugular on the stand.

Sic 'em, Mother.

by Anonymousreply 41July 27, 2021 12:04 AM

Mitch McConnell has gotten his Judges, his Supreme Court Justices, his tax cuts, stopped major legislation that would help the people, and gotten his Geisha-star wife off the hook for her criminal behavior. Life is good...

And, Chuck Schumer has gotten what? He can't get anything done without the help of others towing him across the finish line.

by Anonymousreply 42July 27, 2021 12:05 AM

R40...Feinstein has dementia. Why the hell is she there?

by Anonymousreply 43July 27, 2021 12:07 AM

[quote]So it really doesn't fucking matter if the Republicans control the senate or not, because we have shit red states with no money

Well, shit! Us'n is still recovering from that Civil War and the mess that you all made down here. We DESERVE our reparations! And, in any form of our choosin'!

by Anonymousreply 44July 27, 2021 12:25 AM

R43 why did Sf whores vited her in there? That is a better question.

by Anonymousreply 45July 27, 2021 12:32 AM

Fox has announced that it will be airing classic episodes of the Benghazi hearing instead of the 1/6 hearing.

by Anonymousreply 46July 27, 2021 12:46 AM

I want to see Trump questioned.

by Anonymousreply 47July 27, 2021 12:49 AM

You see this? Republicans are ON IT! Where's Schumer (or his representatives) to rebut this nonsense? Biden's approval is still 50%. Trump NEVER hit a 50% approval rating in his whole 4 years!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 27, 2021 12:51 AM

And then, it's as if they send out an email blast so that everyone can get onboard with the same message.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 27, 2021 12:53 AM

the repubs are set up hierarchal machine. They decide on messaging from the rnc headquarters and pass it down to everyone. That's why when they have a Cheney or Kinzinger or Romney or Collins who break out of the "standard" messaging, they get blasted in right wing media.

The Democrats seem to let their members be all over the place and never stay organized enough. I want Democrats to verbally attack the traitorous repubs every day. They need to use the findings of these hearings in attack ads next year

by Anonymousreply 50July 27, 2021 12:58 AM

I wonder if good ol' Ginnii Thomas will be called as a witness? You know Clarence's wife who may have been involved with the bussing of the insurrectionists on Jan 6th...

by Anonymousreply 51July 27, 2021 12:59 AM

[quote]They need to use the findings of these hearings in attack ads next year

They'll be too busy. They will depend on the Lincoln Project to do it....

by Anonymousreply 52July 27, 2021 1:00 AM

Is there a thread on the live hearing now?...

by Anonymousreply 53July 27, 2021 1:57 PM

DAMN! I'm becoming rather moist from that Officer Fanone! Mmmm... where's my dildo

by Anonymousreply 54July 27, 2021 2:26 PM

R54 He told it like it was .

by Anonymousreply 55July 27, 2021 2:28 PM

I bet he rage fucks! Just the way I LIKE IT!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 27, 2021 2:29 PM

"Mmmm... where's my dildo"

Soaking in Palmolive* in the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 57July 27, 2021 2:37 PM

A delightful gentleman caller. He is really sweet 💕.

by Anonymousreply 58July 27, 2021 2:39 PM

I like the way the officer up now calls them terrorists.

by Anonymousreply 59July 27, 2021 2:43 PM

Yes, r59, I couldn't help but notice that.

That one word really resonates.

by Anonymousreply 60July 27, 2021 2:45 PM

A moment of silence. Well done.

by Anonymousreply 61July 27, 2021 2:47 PM

R59, I was so glad to hear it, because the fucking media won't. Make them a single Muslim with a knife on another continent without even knowing anything about the person beyond their ethnic name and they just assume the person did it for "religious" reasons and therefore, a terrorist. These people were literally looking to kill based on political AND religious ideology. There's no denying their reasons.

by Anonymousreply 62July 27, 2021 2:50 PM

Cheney and Kinzinger actually are Constitutional Republicans, not something that common these days.

Listening to these officers testifying it's baffling to me that this weird shift in reality occurred. Any Republican who defends the insurrection (like 95% of those elected and serving in Congress).

Trump wasn't the cause, he was the symptom. There's no purpose in engaging these folk... it is treason of the worst sort in that they can't acknowledge the truth of what they believe. The Republic could be destroyed, and that's ok with them.

by Anonymousreply 63July 27, 2021 2:52 PM

No matter the good things you can say about the Democrats and the occasional good job She’s done, there is no denying that Nancy Pelosi has been the Democrats’ version of Donald Trump. She’s been petty. She’s abused her power. She’s bullied and disparaged real, hard working Dems, remember the childish speech-ripping episode at the SoTU address a couple of years ago? I don’t care how vile Trump is, Pelosi is also a classist fake Democrat and a pig, with her half billion dollar fortune and $30 pints of ice cream.

The Republicans will take back the house solely based on the hate for her alone. They won’t need Omar or AOC, Pelosi’s rep will get the win for them. And when they do, does anyone think they won’t wallow in the abuse of power after the example she’s set? They’re gonna go for blood and it’s going to hurt all of us. But I kinda am looking forward to them coming for her. I hate the bitch that much, with her golden Speaker’s broach and thousand-dollar pantsuits. She’s the type of pig who’ll be among the first to get the guillotine when the revolution comes. And it can’t come soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 64July 27, 2021 2:54 PM

Great sound sound bites for "Morning Joe" tomorrow morning! Scarborough must be creaming himself just at the thought of showing this footage!

by Anonymousreply 65July 27, 2021 2:56 PM

Take your meds, R64.

by Anonymousreply 66July 27, 2021 2:59 PM

r64, is full of shit FF

by Anonymousreply 67July 27, 2021 2:59 PM

[quote]Trump wasn't the cause, he was the symptom.

Been saying this for years, R63. Why do you think LBJ said what he did about the "lowest white man"?

Trump wasn't some brilliant orator. He's a fucking moron handed everything in life who was arrogant enough to say out loud what the overwhelming majority of Republican white, racist trash really think. There is no excuse for all of those losers who aren't wealthy to vote Republican except for their racism and bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 68July 27, 2021 3:02 PM

I guess I shouldn't be surprised I already had 64 on ignore. It feels good

by Anonymousreply 69July 27, 2021 3:04 PM

We need a separate thread for this "House Committee Hearing Investigating January 6 Terrorist Attack." Day One: The Officers Testify.

by Anonymousreply 70July 27, 2021 3:11 PM

When Officer Fanone (?) hit his fist on the table, raising his voice in his first testimony, the people sitting behind him all jumped...lol. I like that the officers are saying "terrorists". The panel is still saying rioters, though.

by Anonymousreply 71July 27, 2021 3:32 PM

I just created a new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 27, 2021 3:36 PM

The D party is partly to blame for the degeneration of the R party (Corporate media is most to blame but that's another subject). They let the party get overrun with people's who inadvertently do more to isolate people via "trigger, trauma, girlboss, gaslight, micro-aggression, and etc". Loneliness breeds mental illness, and we're seeing it on a grand scale in the past couple years with the Q shit. We need to be working to galvanize the population by economic and social liberation. Take the cool parts of libertarianism like gay marriage, legal drugs, and free speech and drop the retarded parts like laissez-faire markets. Combine that with reforms like universal health care and reduced higher education costs.

by Anonymousreply 73July 27, 2021 4:18 PM

[quote] Take the cool parts of libertarianism like gay marriage, legal drugs, and free speech and drop the retarded parts like laissez-faire markets.

You lost me there, Libertarian Idiot Troll™

by Anonymousreply 74July 27, 2021 4:27 PM

R73 = believes rape victims are partially to blame. "Why did you smile at him anyway, huh?"

by Anonymousreply 75July 27, 2021 4:35 PM

R75, I've gotten to a point where I don't even give shit what they think. I just put him on ignore. It gets exhausting dealing with their idiocy and half-assed thought-process.

by Anonymousreply 76July 27, 2021 5:09 PM

R68. here's the full LBJ quote for the uninitiated:

“If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.”

by Anonymousreply 77July 27, 2021 6:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!