Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Map of Media Bias

Maybe this will settle a few arguments here. Yes, the Daily Mail is strongly on the right. Yes, the Guardian leans left. Reuters is in the middle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 13, 2021 5:50 AM

LOL, this claims the Wall Street Journal is center. It's not. Neither is The Hill

by Anonymousreply 1July 12, 2021 8:53 PM

You have your own map, R1--based on what studies?

by Anonymousreply 2July 12, 2021 8:54 PM

BBC is in the middle too.

by Anonymousreply 3July 12, 2021 8:57 PM

NEW YORK POST is far far to the right LOL

by Anonymousreply 4July 12, 2021 9:00 PM

R3 that gave me a proper laugh.

by Anonymousreply 5July 12, 2021 9:01 PM

The Huffington Post has been a joke for years. Shouldn’t be on there at all.

by Anonymousreply 6July 12, 2021 9:01 PM

R5- What or where is the BBC nowadays ?

by Anonymousreply 7July 12, 2021 9:05 PM

I'm familiar with this services products but it's not perfect. The Daily Mail opinion belongs in that far right column, but their news stories are no more right wing than Fox News, which is in second column from the right. And they say they are not taking a position on "credibility," but by rating them at all, they are asserting that these are credible news outlets. I don't think NewsMax, the Daily Caller, and the Blaze belong there at all. If they do, then why did they exclude Breitbart? I'd like to see what their "scientific" methodology consists of.

by Anonymousreply 8July 12, 2021 9:11 PM

For instance, see the link. News Max should not be on that chart, period.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 12, 2021 9:12 PM

I wish there were a paper in the center other than USA Today.

by Anonymousreply 10July 12, 2021 9:16 PM

More arbitrary two-dimensional pseudo-intellectual Boomer scaremongering BS. Fail, OP. Fail, fail, FAIL!

by Anonymousreply 11July 12, 2021 9:17 PM

I'm laughing at Politico's placement. They are allegedly "fact checkers" but they pick and choose what facts to present.

by Anonymousreply 12July 12, 2021 9:19 PM

R1, the WSJ is listed twice. News is center, opinion right. I agree with that. The NYT's A section should be listed under J for joke. It used to be fun to try to figure out the propaganda. For about 6 years it is so obvious, it is no longer fun.

by Anonymousreply 13July 12, 2021 9:21 PM

The only truthful section of the NYTs is Arts & Leisure.

by Anonymousreply 14July 12, 2021 9:26 PM

R11, How is presenting a chart (supposedly) based on some kind of studies fearmongering? Didn't you know media often leans left or right? Did that scare you? Your use of the word fail makes me wonder if you are the Daily Fail poster who drops those garbage threads on us frequently--daily, in fact!

The chart didn't hold any surprises for me. I assumed the major services--AP, Reuters--would be neutral. I thought some discussion might ensue of who reads what. Silly me!

by Anonymousreply 15July 12, 2021 11:07 PM

What about GRIT?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 13, 2021 12:32 AM

[quote]some kind of studies

Well, that's specific enough to be credible to me! 🙄

by Anonymousreply 17July 13, 2021 12:34 AM

NPR and BBC are "center"? Uh. no. Even they wouldn't say that.

by Anonymousreply 18July 13, 2021 12:39 AM

Did Mrs Domenech pay to have the Federalist listed in the first place,

by Anonymousreply 19July 13, 2021 12:47 AM

Another chart, more accurate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 13, 2021 12:53 AM

The Daily Mail just publishes whatever gets it the most clicks, I'm not sure that an editorial policy exists any longer?

by Anonymousreply 21July 13, 2021 1:07 AM

AP is center, huh? The news organization that glorified Castro when he died? “For decades he was a source of inspiration and support to revolutionaries from Latin America to Africa”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 13, 2021 1:34 AM

They’re all subjective

by Anonymousreply 23July 13, 2021 1:37 AM

BBC in the center [centre]...?

by Anonymousreply 24July 13, 2021 1:51 AM

Why isn't PBS on either chart?

by Anonymousreply 25July 13, 2021 4:03 AM

These organizations have all outlived their usefulness. We have Twitter now. We can get the news right away as it happens without having it filtered through these organizations with their biases like some sort of Human Centipede.

by Anonymousreply 26July 13, 2021 4:07 AM

TWITTER is your news source?

by Anonymousreply 27July 13, 2021 5:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!