Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cell phones and cancer: New UC Berkeley study suggests cell phones sharply increase tumor risk

Silicon Valley strikes again!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 8, 2021 3:07 AM

Good! I hope all the cunts obsessed with their cell phones die!

by Anonymousreply 1July 7, 2021 5:40 PM

I knew someone who was always on his phone like 24/7 always talking (he was in sales) and book got a massive tumor over the jaw where he always had his phone. He is still alive and kicking but totally ruined his life.

by Anonymousreply 2July 7, 2021 5:53 PM

If you think about it, OF COURSE they cause cancer. It’s kind of obvious in hindsight.

Now how much money will Silicon Valley shovel at covering this up?

by Anonymousreply 3July 7, 2021 5:54 PM

It’s kind of insidious how Silicon Valley has gotten inside public radio and sponsored everything. Sure makes these news fillings a tad awkward.

by Anonymousreply 4July 7, 2021 5:55 PM

Fuck! Do those anti radiation stickers work?

by Anonymousreply 5July 7, 2021 5:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 7, 2021 5:58 PM

Mary!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 7, 2021 6:00 PM

How many times is this "story" going to surface and be debunked?

by Anonymousreply 8July 7, 2021 6:03 PM

Anti-technological hoo-ha.

by Anonymousreply 9July 7, 2021 6:08 PM

Link to debunking r8?

by Anonymousreply 10July 7, 2021 6:10 PM

Where do we sign on to the class action lawsuit?

by Anonymousreply 11July 7, 2021 6:10 PM

Well?

by Anonymousreply 12July 7, 2021 6:11 PM

R8 used to work for R J Reynolds ?

by Anonymousreply 13July 7, 2021 6:13 PM

r1, I agree also all the dicks and assholes.

I remember when this was news 20 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 7, 2021 6:32 PM

Scary.

by Anonymousreply 15July 7, 2021 6:43 PM

This article is all over the place. First they quote a researcher saying health problems from cell phone use "has received little attention in the scientific community" and then two paragraphs later, they talk about the "vast research" that has been done.

It also never explains the link between cell phone use and increased brain tumor risk. Correlation does not imply causation, but this article apparently thinks otherwise.

They also fail to mention that the overall research did NOT show an increase in tumor risk for regular use, except in one specific study. Only use of over 1000 hours showed an increase in tumor risk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 7, 2021 6:53 PM

[quote] They also fail to mention that the overall research did NOT show an increase in tumor risk for regular use, except in one specific study. Only use of over 1000 hours showed an increase in tumor risk.

If you’ve used your cell for just 16 minutes a day since the iPhone 4 was introduced, you’ve already surpassed the thousand hour tumor threshold.

by Anonymousreply 17July 7, 2021 9:29 PM

Will I get crotch rot from using my laptop all the time on top of my junk?

by Anonymousreply 18July 7, 2021 10:46 PM

Most people use their cell phone to text rather than talk. And many use the speaker function when they do talk.

by Anonymousreply 19July 7, 2021 10:49 PM

Does it say anything about tumors being caused by cell phones with homemade rotary dial function?

Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 20July 7, 2021 11:09 PM

Wouldn’t we be seeing a huge increase in tumors all around the world?

by Anonymousreply 21July 7, 2021 11:36 PM

Not only that, it's part of a mind-control scheme!

by Anonymousreply 22July 7, 2021 11:49 PM

R21 no. Just like anyone that's ever smoked or been exposed to 2nd hand smoke avoided tumors, even though smoking/ 2nd hand smoke can cause them.

by Anonymousreply 23July 7, 2021 11:59 PM

I knew a girl who was constantly on her iPhone and got ear cancer. But then she died.

by Anonymousreply 24July 8, 2021 12:04 AM

Well I've always hated holding my phone and have used blue tooth headsets since they were invented. If I answer the phone and it's not connected, I will put the phone on speaker until I connect.

I will say that my Fitbit has given me a small spot on the wrist right where the light hits it from underneath. Pretty sure that is not good either.

by Anonymousreply 25July 8, 2021 12:04 AM

But the number of people with phones far exceeds those who smoke

by Anonymousreply 26July 8, 2021 12:04 AM

R24

C'mon ...is that true?

by Anonymousreply 27July 8, 2021 12:05 AM

The only solution: dial your cell phone with a pencil.

by Anonymousreply 28July 8, 2021 12:09 AM

I wrapped my cell phone in foil to protect myself. But then I mistook it for a Suzy Q and ate it.

by Anonymousreply 29July 8, 2021 3:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!