Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Harry Potter and Ron Weasley Fan Fic

Why isn't there any?

I've seen fan fic from pretty much every "best friends" pair in movies, EXCEPT for Ron and Harry.

Is it because everyone knows they hate each other?

Even Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner have fan fic with each other.

But nothing for Ron and Harry.

Sad!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 24, 2022 8:06 PM

Because no one on Earth wants to fuck Ron.

by Anonymousreply 1July 6, 2021 8:57 PM

Haha.

I googled Harry and Ron fan fic and came up with NOTHING.

These were found in the search, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 6, 2021 8:58 PM

Some of you have no search skills, clearly! The net is full of Harry-slash-Ron fiction!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 6, 2021 9:47 PM

I never got a sexual vibe between Ron and Harry. EVER.

However, I do think that Harry had a daddy fetish for Sirius Black.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 6, 2021 9:49 PM

Hawt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 6, 2021 9:51 PM

Sirius tops Harry.....

by Anonymousreply 6July 6, 2021 9:56 PM

Harry always seemed asexual to me; I suspect he's now wandering around the halls of the Ministry of Magic insisting that everyone refer to him as "they" and "them" and that "they" will alternate between Harry & Harriett. Ginny's cool with all of this - she spends a lot of time doing yoga with Cho

by Anonymousreply 7July 6, 2021 10:31 PM

It was always completely overshadowed by Harry/Draco. Teenage girls love enemies-to-lovers and blonde bad boys.

by Anonymousreply 8July 6, 2021 10:51 PM

When I first read the Potter books I envisioned Rupert Everett as Sirius Black, and got a lot of gay vibes from the character. I imagined a backstory of him carrying a torch for Harry's father, James, through the years and maybe having had a few fun times -and all of that transferred to Harry. But once the third film was made all thoughts of Sirius naked were immediately and forever banished.

by Anonymousreply 9July 7, 2021 1:24 AM

It's true the majority is Draco/Harry but there are some Ron/Harry too. I recommend ao3 to you (THE current website for quality fics), you can search the tags for the pairing of your choice and you can filter by rating and other stuff on the left. Here is a link for the pairing Ron/Harry. I would recommend to filter by kudos (highest liked first) and complete fics only. I wanted to send the link with the filters already, but I'm apparently not allowed. Hope you can find some that you like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 7, 2021 1:26 AM

I only care about Professor McGonagall / Madam Pomfrey fan fiction.

by Anonymousreply 11July 7, 2021 1:30 AM

R8 The Harry Potter fandom is composed now by a lot of women in their 30s 40s and 50s who grew up with the books (and some men too). Women generally don't change their tastes or lose their hobbies just because they grow older. But yeah, the enemies-to-lovers sure is appealing to all ages.

by Anonymousreply 12July 7, 2021 1:32 AM

Harry Potter slash fic is one of the top fandoms. It's absurd, and there's plenty of Harry/Ron. Personally, I like Ron/Draco. The best friend and the nemesis? HAWT

by Anonymousreply 13July 7, 2021 1:32 AM

For you, R11

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 7, 2021 1:34 AM

Nothing better than Snape and Harry or Sirius and Harry. An older man with a fresh, tight boy. Hot!

by Anonymousreply 15May 22, 2022 1:28 PM

I wouldn't read fanfic about any of the HP pairings to be honest.

None of them were that attractive to me.

by Anonymousreply 16May 22, 2022 1:35 PM

Sweet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 20, 2022 9:52 PM

How inept do you have to be not to be able to find Harry and Ron slash fiction.

It's probably only surpassed by Remus Lupin and Sirius Black slash fic.

by Anonymousreply 18July 20, 2022 9:55 PM

[quote] Draco. Teenage girls love enemies-to-lovers and blonde bad boys.

This trope I never understood. There is nothing 'bad boy' about Draco--he's a mean, bitchy, and malevolent boy, but not 'bad'. Actually, when in trouble he tends to run/appeal to authority, and plays by rules but manipulates them to his advantage in a weaselly way (hence why Moody turned him into a literal weasel). He also has emotional breakdowns all the time, relies heavily on his parents and classmates for backup, and can easily be cowed into submission. Perhaps teen girls like/d him so much because he's a wounded bird, a vulnerable and flawed and submissive young man who can be helped ('I can fix him' trope).

As far as shipping goes, in the movies Draco's actor Tom Felton definitely had most chemistry with Jason Isaacs, the actor who played his father. Have seen footage from several cons where they flirt quite heavily and make a lot of innuendo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 20, 2022 10:05 PM

Lupin should’ve been the gay one. He seemed gay in the Prisoner of Azkaban movie. Rowling should’ve let him get a hot boyfriend and live. Like maybe Kingsley Shaklebolt. Lupin and Tonks was a weird match.

by Anonymousreply 20July 20, 2022 10:16 PM

Lucius Malloy was such a bitch. I loved it.

by Anonymousreply 21July 20, 2022 10:16 PM

*Malfoy

by Anonymousreply 22July 20, 2022 10:16 PM

The only reasonable gay pairing in the HP series is Marcus Flint/Oliver Wood, the Slytherin & Gryffindor Quidditch Captains during Harry's first years.

Unlike the other ships, it's plausible that they'd be fucking. If I know teenaged athletes from posh boarding schools, they were shagging every which way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 20, 2022 10:27 PM

Lupin and Tonks really didn't work. Neither did Harry and Ginny.

Harry and Ron were a very non sexual kind of best friends actually. Either one of them is more slashable with Draco.

by Anonymousreply 24July 20, 2022 10:28 PM

Oliver Wood/Percy Wesley was a popular ship! The jock and the wannabe posh nerd. Great. They were in the same year. Forgot if there was any additional evidence.

by Anonymousreply 25July 20, 2022 10:30 PM

Btw the actor who played Marcus Flint, Jamie Yeates, had to be uglified with makeup & prosthetics in order to play the character, because unlike the troll-like Marcus, Jamie is actually conventionally very cute and handsome (probably the nicest-looking one of the young cast from the first two films).

He's long since left the entertainment business and moved away from the U.K., and now runs a personal fitness gym in Pretoria, so his body is also holding up better than his former co-stars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 20, 2022 10:33 PM

The books were coming out when I was around the age of the characters, and I was obsessed! Some of my first internet ventures were for fanfiction. I SO shipped Draco and Harry. Draco came off like a little uppity queen, wanting his crush's attention all the time. And Harry spent the entire sixth book stalking Draco instead of his supposed (shoehorned) love interest big lez Ginny. Lupin was definitely meant to be gay (the werewolves were a clear analogy for AIDS) but JKR chickened out for whatever reason. He and Sirius acted like Harry's gay uncles during the fifth book!

by Anonymousreply 27July 20, 2022 10:34 PM

[quote] Harry spent the entire sixth book stalking Draco instead of his supposed (shoehorned) love interest big lez Ginny.

The way I hated the Harry/Ginny pairing because of that!!! Jo is so good with speaking up for feminism but kind of falls down a few points in lez estimation for that. Like let Ginny be the Sports Dyke she clearly is!!! Don't try to impose heterosexuality on all your characters just because it's all you know!!!!

I mean let's examine the evidence??

Ginny: Never liked the boys she did date even though they were nice to her Crushed on a popular boy she felt she should like and who had proximity to her family (standard compulsory heterosexuality) Hotly defended Luna when she was made fun of (probably punched said people like a true tuff soft-butch) Had confused angsty feelings for Fleur (internalised homophobia) Platonic date to the Yule Ball with similarly-suspect Neville (lavender couple)

by Anonymousreply 28July 20, 2022 10:43 PM

The girl who was my best friend in high-school and with whom I probably was in lesbian love with, looking back (I was cluelessly closeted at the time), was a fan of the Ron/Hermione story, and got upset when the films represented it differently to the books. Though I'm not sure how different that romance plot actually was, as I scan-read the books and barely watched the movies even sat in front of them in the cinema (found them boring tbh). Some hardcore book fans really didn't like it.

Plus she got mad at me because I acquired and read the final books faster than she did (she was a slow and sporadic reader of fiction), and teasingly threatened to spoil them for her, though she knew I wouldn't actually have done that to her and was only playing around. She also didn't like that I preferred all the background characters to the main trio/Gryffindors, and that I would occasionally nitpick JK's writing and say she had ghostwriters.

by Anonymousreply 29July 21, 2022 12:52 AM

Off topic, but.........I recently watched the films & what a bunch of inbred redheads those Weasley's are! I get an Aspie vibe from Percy, the twins act downright "special", Ron looks like he has Down's syndrome & Ginny has more than a touch of whatever the hell Rocky Dennis had.

by Anonymousreply 30July 21, 2022 1:28 AM

I like Domhnall Gleeson, but he looked anemic as Bill Weasley. I pictured Bill as being more sturdy and strong.

by Anonymousreply 31July 21, 2022 12:11 PM

[quote]I like Domhnall Gleeson, but he looked anemic as Bill Weasley. I pictured Bill as being more sturdy and strong.

Bill should have been hotter and a bigger stud - James Norton would have been about the right age.

by Anonymousreply 32July 21, 2022 12:53 PM

Bill Weasley is the gangly type, like Percy and Ron. Hot in an indie musician way. Charlie and the twins are supposed to be more muscular.

I don't really remember how Bill looks in the movies.

by Anonymousreply 33July 21, 2022 4:53 PM

Domhnall was only nepotism casting anyway, no? Cos his Da was in the films.

by Anonymousreply 34July 21, 2022 5:23 PM

R33 weak and pale

by Anonymousreply 35July 21, 2022 5:40 PM

Someone actually did an analysis of which ships are most popular with fanfic writers for Harry Potter. Rather amusingly more people ship Harry with Snape and Voldemort than his actual wife

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 21, 2022 5:45 PM

You can tell most of the m/m slash is written by women. UGH

by Anonymousreply 37July 21, 2022 5:47 PM

Who was the actor who was a nerd during filming but has turned into a beautiful man?

by Anonymousreply 38July 21, 2022 5:49 PM

Hello, OP. Have we met?

by Anonymousreply 39July 21, 2022 6:01 PM

R38. Matthew Lewis. He played Neville.

by Anonymousreply 40July 21, 2022 6:04 PM

R40 oh yes ! Thank you, you fixded my cheeseburger.

by Anonymousreply 41July 21, 2022 6:07 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 21, 2022 6:08 PM

Ron/Rupert looks like a less attractive and more jinge Paddy Pimblett to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 22, 2022 1:06 AM

Neville Longbottom is clearly now Neville Longcock.

by Anonymousreply 44July 22, 2022 4:19 PM

Do the HP slash fics use the trope of having the top stretch the bottom with one, then two, then three fingers every single time before they have anal sex? No matter how experienced the bottom is and no matter how much lube they use - they gotta stretch him gradually, working up to three fingers.

by Anonymousreply 45July 22, 2022 4:26 PM

R45 lmao yeah pretty much. Obviously those writers don't know DL whores.

How did that even come to be the case anyways? Was there one really popular story that used the mechanic, that everyone else copied and ran with?

by Anonymousreply 46July 22, 2022 4:37 PM

I never read any Ron/Harry but I know it exists. There is absilutely fanfic for every pairing. I never wrote HP slash fiction but others, very occasionally and always on request. Most fun were the pairings that don't make sense at all - at least prima facie - because you have to put real effort into making it work, and sometimes this means inventing a whole conspiracy to the effect that things are not what they seem in the original series, book or movie. It's really satisfying when everything falls into place.

by Anonymousreply 47July 22, 2022 4:37 PM

r46 there must have been. I just love how one finger and/or rimming is never enough - they must get up to 3 fingers in the ass to "prep" the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 48July 22, 2022 4:56 PM

R19 You're right, but fanfiction writers sometimes change characters to reflect their own desires, and Draco is a classic case of this:

[quote]fanon!Draco becomes a Draco who is misunderstood, heroic, smart, witty, snarky, and essentially sexy. This Draco dresses well, is often gay, and very often powerfully attractive, a trait embodied in the creation of specific fandom stereotypes such as Leather Trousers!Draco and Veela!Draco.... And fanon!Draco as a variable has undergone several distinct phases of growth and development since he first appeared as an entity with distinct characteristics. In many respects Malfoy in canon is a cipher, a blank page we in fandom have been writing and rewriting for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 23, 2022 1:10 AM

The actor who played Neville can get it from me.

by Anonymousreply 50July 24, 2022 5:58 PM

[quote]I only care about Professor McGonagall / Madam Pomfrey fan fiction.

You sir, are a sick individual (in a good way!). I definitely thought Sirius had an unrequited love for James Potter

As far as Gleeson goes, he did have the ginger thing going and blended well with the other actors, but it really didn't matter who they cast because they downplayed Bill's role in the movies to a couple of scenes.

by Anonymousreply 51July 24, 2022 6:09 PM

I see the reason for Harry/Draco (the characters clearly provoke each other, and if they want each other, they seem more complex and interesting than simple hero/villain) but there’s no sexual tension with Harry and Ron or Harry and Hermione. Harry also seems written as bi, with his focus on good looking guys, although that might be a side effect of a straight woman writing the book.

I agree that the movie Sirius and Weasley brothers were not as hot as they should have been, especially the twins. Ron was perfect because he was supposed to be the goofier reject. Lupin seemed dreary and dull in both the books and the films, while Sirius was supposed to be a glam rock type on a motorcycle - that’s the pairing I don’t get the popularity of (as well as Draco/Hermione, ugh, and Harry/Voldemort, ew).

By the end, Draco isn’t so much supposed to be a villain as a pathetic victim of being raised and cosseted by bigots. He arguably helps hide Harry, before Harry rescues him. It’s no surprise this is the most popular pairing.

by Anonymousreply 52July 24, 2022 7:56 PM

r35 So perfect!

by Anonymousreply 53July 24, 2022 8:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!