Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nancy Reagan at 100

Having just read the warts & all biography from the Washington Post’s Karen Tumulty, I have a greater appreciation for the complicated individual who was Nancy Davis Reagan, who was born 100 years ago today, on July 6, 1921.

by Anonymousreply 40July 10, 2021 4:29 AM

She was great at sucking dick, they say.

by Anonymousreply 1July 6, 2021 7:00 AM

I wouldn't know. She never sucked my dick.

by Anonymousreply 2July 6, 2021 7:03 AM

An inveterate gossip, she would’ve felt quite at home here. And anyone who was so personally loved by solid liberals like Warren Beatty and Tom Brokaw cannot be all bad.

by Anonymousreply 3July 6, 2021 7:08 AM

100 what? Blowjobs?

by Anonymousreply 4July 6, 2021 7:10 AM

That fuckin whore!

by Anonymousreply 5July 6, 2021 7:11 AM

I read that this bio reveals she was Dr. Feelgood's best patient who was known to have one of the best medicine cabinets in Sacramento. Apparently, the White House physician became so concerned, he addressed to to Pres. Reagan. She was taking pills to go to sleep, pills to go back to sleep when she woke up in the middle of the night, pills to wake up in the morning, and pills to keep going if her flagged during the day.

So, no surprise "Just Say No" Nancy was a big 'ole addict herself so much in need of intervention herself after years of addiction. Yet another example in the long, sordid lore of conservative Republican family values...

by Anonymousreply 6July 6, 2021 7:13 AM

^ he addressed IT to Pres. Reagan.

Keep in mind this long preceded HIPAA regs.

by Anonymousreply 7July 6, 2021 7:17 AM

She had no use for the right-wing ideologues who populated her husband’s administration, while propping up moderating influences such as Jim Baker & George Schultz.

by Anonymousreply 8July 6, 2021 7:20 AM

Oh, not again. "pills to keep going if her ENERGY flagged"

Yes, it's bedtime.

by Anonymousreply 9July 6, 2021 7:27 AM

R3, she also counted Chris Matthews & Larry King as admirers.

by Anonymousreply 10July 6, 2021 7:35 AM

R10, I'm sure she did.

by Anonymousreply 11July 6, 2021 7:36 AM

I don't know much about her but it's interesting to read that she had a pill problem. I know she was knocked up at the time she married Ronnie. Such a true "conservative" right?

by Anonymousreply 12July 6, 2021 7:40 AM

Patti publicly despised her.

by Anonymousreply 13July 6, 2021 7:46 AM

That's nice, OP.

by Anonymousreply 14July 6, 2021 7:54 AM

Every once in a while the same right wing nut job tries to rehabilitate the Reagans and other Republican scum via their respective first ladies.

You might be able to fool people who were too young to properly remember the 80s, but I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 15July 6, 2021 8:04 AM

What appreciation? Don't complicated things unnecessarily OP. The woman was a shallow cunt. End of discussion.

by Anonymousreply 16July 6, 2021 8:09 AM

Shallow?!? She was more deeply involved in her husband’s presidency than any First Lady other than Edith Wilson. She was his unofficial Chief of Staff.

by Anonymousreply 17July 6, 2021 9:22 AM

LOL @ "I have a greater appreciation for the complicated individual who was Nancy Davis Reagan"

"Warts and all"? Don't make me laugh! The bitch was a mess!

by Anonymousreply 18July 6, 2021 9:55 AM

As I suggested, this biography is no hagiography. That Nancy was a failure as a Mother is not glossed over.

by Anonymousreply 19July 6, 2021 10:50 AM

George W. Bush was born on her 25th birthday. He was the one Bush she actually liked.

by Anonymousreply 20July 6, 2021 11:39 AM

She sucked Frank Sinatra's dick in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 21July 6, 2021 11:42 AM

She most likely did not, R21, but don’t let that stop you from furthering this canard.

by Anonymousreply 22July 6, 2021 11:46 AM

Astrology-believing whore, who browbeat and henpecked her hateful dipshit husband into altering his presidential strategy on a moment's notice if the "stars were unfavorable..." CREEPY AS FUCK.

by Anonymousreply 23July 6, 2021 11:50 AM

r23 Knows nothing about astrology

by Anonymousreply 24July 6, 2021 11:55 AM

[quote]Apparently, the White House physician became so concerned, he addressed to to Pres. Reagan. She was taking pills to go to sleep, pills to go back to sleep when she woke up in the middle of the night, pills to wake up in the morning, and pills to keep going if her flagged during the day.

Those weren't bowls of jellybeans in Nancy's room.

by Anonymousreply 25July 6, 2021 12:37 PM

It was my understanding that ronald reagan was basically a liberal politician,

but it was the influence of his wife, nancy reagan, that instituted all the bull

shit that was attributed to ronald reagan, even to the point that it was nancy

reagan who was actually running the presidency.

by Anonymousreply 26July 6, 2021 1:02 PM

I'm not about to disturb my beautiful mind with this fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 27July 6, 2021 1:20 PM

R23, the book dispels the notion that it was Nancy who molded her husband’s political views. And it quite clearly posits that she was the moderating influence in that White House, from dealing with the Soviet Union to AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 28July 6, 2021 2:02 PM

Funny to think of this little bobblehead as a pill-popping jizzwhore.

by Anonymousreply 29July 6, 2021 2:54 PM

I read Kitty Kelley's bio and definitely will read this to bookend it. I'm really fascinated about the family dynamic and hope it's addressed more fully here. It was clear that Nancy resented Patti, accusing her of causing a difficult pregnancy and birth. She told Patti that as a fetus, she had gripped and pulled at her ribcage causing excruciating pain. She just didn't want to be born and held on! I thought it so bizarre at the time, but Patti did not dispute it.

Later, I read here on DL that Nancy didn't bother to conceal her mistreatment around family friends and associates. It became a topic of conversation among them to the point that one or two approached Ronald with their concerns. She treated Michael, Jane Wyman's son poorly. It seems Ron Jr. was the only one to escape mistreatment.

[Quote]It was my understanding that ronald reagan was basically a liberal politician, but it was the influence of his wife, nancy reagan, that instituted all the bullshit that was attributed to ronald reagan,

No. Google "Reagan kitchen cabinet" and you will find the architects of his policies.

by Anonymousreply 30July 6, 2021 4:42 PM

R30, Karen Tumulty, Nancy’s biographer, comes down pretty hard on the scholarship of Kitty Kelley’s bio.

by Anonymousreply 31July 6, 2021 6:59 PM

| It was my understanding that ronald reagan was basically a liberal politician, |

I’ve heard some bull shit in my life………but that one takes muthafuckin cake

by Anonymousreply 32July 6, 2021 7:22 PM

[quote]It was my understanding that ronald reagan was basically a liberal politician,

Reagan was a Democrat during his Hollywood heyday. He became a Republican in 1962.

by Anonymousreply 33July 6, 2021 7:57 PM

Reagan was never a liberal “politician,” but, as has been noted he was a liberal Democrat for a time before he entered politics, as he supported both FDR & Truman in their presidential campaigns & FDR remained his favorite president for the duration of his conscious life. But while it is true that he didn’t formally become a Republican until 1962, that was a mere formality as he had supported Eisenhower’s presidential campaigns & Nixon’s 1960 bid, as well.

by Anonymousreply 34July 7, 2021 2:16 AM

Once and for all, is Ron Reagan Jr. gay or straight? (I know he's an atheist).

by Anonymousreply 35July 7, 2021 10:23 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 7, 2021 10:25 PM

R35, I don't think Ronald Prescott Reagan, not a Junior, is gay. At least his marriage to his late wife appeared to be real.

by Anonymousreply 37July 9, 2021 11:18 PM

R1 is Peter Lawford.

by Anonymousreply 38July 9, 2021 11:20 PM

[quote]She was taking pills to go to sleep, pills to go back to sleep when she woke up in the middle of the night, pills to wake up in the morning, and pills to keep going if her flagged during the day.

I'm not really understanding the problem here.

by Anonymousreply 39July 9, 2021 11:23 PM

I didn't know William Holden was Ronnie's best man when he married Nancy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 10, 2021 4:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!