Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gabrielle Carteris Not Seeking Re-Election As SAG-AFTRA President, Backs Fran Drescher To Succeed Her

Um.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 3, 2021 4:04 PM

Interesting...

by Anonymousreply 1July 3, 2021 3:36 PM

Guys, it’s just too much work!!

by Anonymousreply 2July 3, 2021 3:38 PM

Didn't she fuck up their health insurance?

by Anonymousreply 3July 3, 2021 3:40 PM

Godspeed, Nana

by Anonymousreply 4July 3, 2021 3:41 PM

9021-NO!

by Anonymousreply 5July 3, 2021 3:43 PM

Actually, can someone explain what all the drama is about? I'm reading the article's comments and I'm not quite sure that I "get" it.

[quote]"This is an embarrassingly desperate move by UFS, which by the end of this election will for all intents and purposes be extinct. Gabby has gone into comedy full-time with statements about “experienced and dedicated leaders.” Drescher and Rapp have ZERO union experience. When Jeff Garlin, UFS’ VP “candidate” was on the board 6-12 years ago he NEVER showed up. Gabby and Camryn won’t even get elected to the National board in LA. I don’t think ANY UFS will. Matthew Modine and Joely Fisher exude quiet confidence and total command of the issues-and are wonderful human beings that truly care. Fran knows zip about the union. She is “honored” to be asked to run? She doesn’t realize she was about the fifteenth person UFS asked, and the first sucker they got to helm a sinking ship. UFS is going down hard and fast. And SAG-AFTRA will be far better off for it."

by Anonymousreply 6July 3, 2021 3:45 PM

I withhold my vote.

by Anonymousreply 7July 3, 2021 3:46 PM

Gabrielle is resuming her career playing teens.

by Anonymousreply 8July 3, 2021 3:47 PM

R8 pre-teen you bitch!

by Anonymousreply 9July 3, 2021 3:52 PM

Not even her oppents want to assasinate her.

by Anonymousreply 10July 3, 2021 4:00 PM

[quote]"This is an embarrassingly desperate move by UFS, which by the end of this election will for all intents and purposes be extinct. Gabby has gone into comedy full-time with statements about “experienced and dedicated leaders.” Drescher and Rapp have ZERO union experience. When Jeff Garlin, UFS’ VP “candidate” was on the board 6-12 years ago he NEVER showed up. Gabby and Camryn won’t even get elected to the National board in LA. I don’t think ANY UFS will. Matthew Modine and Joely Fisher exude quiet confidence and total command of the issues-and are wonderful human beings that truly care. Fran knows zip about the union. She is “honored” to be asked to run? She doesn’t realize she was about the fifteenth person UFS asked, and the first sucker they got to helm a sinking ship. UFS is going down hard and fast. And SAG-AFTRA will be far better off for it."

[quote]Didn't she fuck up their health insurance?

No. As a trustee on the board for the Health Fund they can't divulge what is being discussed unless authorized to do so. The trust is made up of management from studios/networks and the unions so it is not a union run plan. The downside of all of this is that they should have had effects bargaining language when the big book contract went up for negotiations and they didn't. Which meant when those health fund changes went into effect members felt bamboozled because they voted on a contract without full information. But then again that would have delayed the ratification because there is no way the trustees would budge because their jobs is to make sure the plan is healthy and funded.

UFS is United for Strength which is the slate Gabby ran on for years. I forget what the opposition was named. Maybe Membership First. I assume Modine and Fisher are on the opposition slate.

The allure of Gabrielle was that she was a working actor and she really took care to really be involved in the needs of the members. Many of the board were members who have been on the board forever but don't work. And while it's always great to have "names" on the board, the downside is those who work a lot are too busy to actually attend meetings. Esai Morales was always late to meetings (when he could be bothered to come).

I've never heard of Fran being involved, but Gabby is good about pulling in her friends. That's how Jason Priestley was on the board for a while.

by Anonymousreply 11July 3, 2021 4:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!