Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why Did Kim Basinger's Career Go Down The Shitter

and could she make a comeback?

by Anonymousreply 26July 5, 2021 12:09 PM

She spent a small town, unfortunately Shitts Creek was taken.

by Anonymousreply 1July 3, 2021 8:28 AM

She committed the sin of having a plain daughter.

by Anonymousreply 2July 3, 2021 8:32 AM

Don’t ask me.

by Anonymousreply 3July 3, 2021 8:43 AM

As a young gay man, I thought she was beautiful. My straight friend said that made sense because he thought she looked like a man with a strong jaw and he was not attracted to her at all.

His wife looks like a fat Frau with a triple chin so take that for what it is.

by Anonymousreply 4July 3, 2021 8:51 AM

More neuroses than an inbred poodle. Mother of a pig. Yuk!

by Anonymousreply 5July 3, 2021 9:09 AM

Agoraphobia. Supposedly

by Anonymousreply 6July 3, 2021 9:21 AM

She was a terrible ruler of her kingdom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 3, 2021 9:25 AM

She's been hiding out ever since that very public divorce. To be fail, it was pretty high drama, but still lots of actors go through that and come out the other side without it affecting their career. Perhaps she is more sensitive than we think. Not everyone in Hollywood is a narcissistic selfish ass hole.

by Anonymousreply 8July 3, 2021 9:26 AM

No where on the planet has she ever been considered a good actress, The Gods lined up for that Oscar that should have gone to Joan Cusack for "In & Out" or Julianne Moore for "Boogie Nights: or Gloria Stuart for "Titanic" Except for this image courtesy of the costume designer, cinematographer and her parents genes, no one remembers her performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 3, 2021 9:29 AM

R9, definitely a very split vote that year.

by Anonymousreply 10July 3, 2021 9:47 AM

She was shit from the first time she appeared on screen. Nothing changed throughout her career that changed Hollywood's opinion.

Anybody guess how many cocks she sucked to keep working for all those years?

by Anonymousreply 11July 3, 2021 9:51 AM

[quote] The Gods lined up for that Oscar

What?!

by Anonymousreply 12July 3, 2021 10:27 AM

I liked her in Never Say Never Again.

by Anonymousreply 13July 3, 2021 10:43 AM

I loved her in 9 1/2 weeks, the movie that made me want to move to New York City, the big fruit, the city that never naps... Unfortunately, I couldn't afford it.

by Anonymousreply 14July 3, 2021 6:24 PM

I thinks she was too emotionally fragile to handle a demanding career and unpleasant publicity. She seems like an introvert who went into hiding after seeing her personal life splashed all over the tabloids. Not everyone has an easy time dealing with that, you have to have a very tough skin to survive in Hollywood and it looks likes a private person.

I wonder if Baldwin's current wife keeps popping out the kids to obliterate Kim's memory from Alec's mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 3, 2021 6:35 PM

^ it looks like she's a private person.

by Anonymousreply 16July 3, 2021 6:36 PM

She has aged well

by Anonymousreply 17July 3, 2021 6:37 PM

Growing up in the ‘90s, I had a book of dirty jokes that included the following:

Q: What do Kim Basinger and a tampon have in common?

A: They’re both stuck up cunts.

by Anonymousreply 18July 3, 2021 6:39 PM

IIRC, during her prime years, she was married to Alec Baldwin. Plus, she had agoraphobia. Alec Baldwin seems like he wants his woman at home, not out working long hours. He's willing to foot the bill for that.

Yes, Hilaria is out there in the public eye. But everything she does is related to being married to Alec Baldwin and having his children.

In retrospect, KB wasn't a great actress (judging by LA Confidential alone, a movie I love).

by Anonymousreply 19July 3, 2021 6:58 PM

[quote] no one remembers her performance.

Out of all the great performances in that film she was the only one to walk away with an Oscar. Crowe, Pearce, Spacey, Cromwell and DeVito were all outstanding, and she received the sole acting nomination and win. Insane to me.

by Anonymousreply 20July 3, 2021 7:19 PM

^ I agree. She was fine in the movie, but her co-stars were all better.

by Anonymousreply 21July 3, 2021 7:44 PM

Fun fact about LA Confidential: Russell Crowe and Guy Pearce are both Australian.

by Anonymousreply 22July 3, 2021 8:37 PM

Fun fact about LA Confidential: I spent the whole shoot trying to dodge Kevin Spacey's creepy advances!

by Anonymousreply 23July 3, 2021 8:58 PM

She’s a footnote from the eighties, sort of like Darryl Hannah but not as charismatic. 🤭

by Anonymousreply 24July 3, 2021 10:33 PM

Darryl Hannah didn't win an Oscar, though

by Anonymousreply 25July 3, 2021 11:39 PM

At least she looked the part for the movies she was in. MADONA TAKE NOTE!

by Anonymousreply 26July 5, 2021 12:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!