Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Woman Who Accused Black Teen of Stealing Her Phone Charged With Hate Crime

A woman who wrongly accused a Black teen of taking her phone at a New York City hotel late last year and grabbed at him as he tried to leave is now charged with a hate crime. Miya Ponsetto was arraigned in court in Manhattan via videoconference Wednesday and pleaded not guilty to charges including unlawful imprisonment as a hate crime, aggravated harassment and endangering the welfare of a child. Ponsetto was at the Arlo Hotel in December when she got into a confrontation with a teen, 14-year-old Keyon Harrold Jr., whom she accused of stealing her phone. Video shows her grabbing at him as he tried to get away. Her phone was found soon afterward in an Uber.

I can't find the original thread, so I have created a sequel. Amazing that she would plead not guilty when it's all on video for the world to see...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145July 8, 2021 11:24 PM

Hate crime? She looks darker than Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 1July 1, 2021 8:51 PM

Why the heck does it take so long to bring charges? This seems like eons ago. Our justice system is so freakin slow. And grossly inefficient .

by Anonymousreply 2July 1, 2021 9:00 PM

This girl is mentally ill and needs deep ketamine therapy to help her anger issues. She's so young and is in for a lifetime of hurt if she's already THIS unaware of how the operate in society.

by Anonymousreply 3July 1, 2021 9:11 PM

r1, you can't possibly be that dense? Ignoring that woman is Italian, surely you don't think only fair complected white people can commit hate crimes?

by Anonymousreply 4July 1, 2021 9:35 PM

Good. this wasnt the first time she did this

by Anonymousreply 5July 1, 2021 9:43 PM

FAS face

by Anonymousreply 6July 1, 2021 10:01 PM

It took them long enough. It's all on video.

by Anonymousreply 7July 1, 2021 10:02 PM

I don't consider that a 'hate crime'. It's more of a 'dislike intensely'.

by Anonymousreply 8July 1, 2021 10:06 PM

[quote] Ignoring that woman is Italian,

She’s a Latina. She was demoted to white when it happened though, for the sake of condemnation of her and the whole group she (partly) represents. She was carved out of POC status because it was inconvenient at the time.

She surely would have been seen as a POC if she had been shot by a police officer during a traffic stop.

Meanwhile, by the way, several people were murdered in NYC on the same day this woman was rude and handy with a teen.

by Anonymousreply 9July 1, 2021 10:23 PM

None of you dumb cunts can read. She is Puerto Rican AND Vietnamese heritage. She is HALF Latina. HALF. She isn't WHITE. AND NON WHITES can commit hate crimes against other races. AND she is mentally ill. That was obvious from the start. Also the victims of her "crime" are drama queens out for a huge cash payoff. Maybe deserved. Everyone involved in this is a drama queen. SO I TYPED IN CAPITALS!!!

by Anonymousreply 10July 1, 2021 10:27 PM

In her own words she "Italian, Greek, Puerto Rican.” She's white but that is besides the point.

r10, how is the victim a drama queen after being physically assaulted? Why would you put crime in quotation marks when it's clear as day she physically assaulted him or do you not think white women can not physically assault young teenage black boys?

by Anonymousreply 11July 1, 2021 10:35 PM

Ugly ass bitch...those ears!!

by Anonymousreply 12July 1, 2021 10:38 PM

Interesting how r9, thinly veiled racist rant is the most liked comment. Never change Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 13July 1, 2021 10:39 PM

Because the perp isn't white. Her whiteness is invented by the father and Al Sharpton. Kaching. And I said maybe the victims do deserve the cash payout. I'm not sure its a crime if she is mentally ill, and I think she is mentally ill. It was an assault but not the "hate crime" of the year. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 14July 1, 2021 10:40 PM

The original post and replies 1, 6, and 9 all so two WWs. How did you decide R9's post was the most liked??

by Anonymousreply 15July 1, 2021 10:41 PM

NPR wants so, so happy to be able to write "white woman..." but they can't! lmao

by Anonymousreply 16July 1, 2021 10:42 PM

Because at that point it was r15. Next...

r9 wants to pretend that the white woman is only being considered white because the victim is a teenage black boy but let the roles would've reversed then he'd be the black Man attacking an innocent white girl.

by Anonymousreply 17July 1, 2021 10:44 PM

R17 she's not described as white by uber woke NPR (he/him) so no, dummy, she's NOT considered white, no matter how much you wish it were so.

by Anonymousreply 18July 1, 2021 10:45 PM

r18, you are calling me a dummy when you need a news organization to tell you what to think. She's Italian, Greek, and Puerto Rican. She's white. I guarantee on her birth certificate and the US census she's white, dumb ass.

by Anonymousreply 19July 1, 2021 10:47 PM

I love it. Fuck the legal logic. I hate her. And tell Gayle to hold up probably constitutes a hate crime these days.

by Anonymousreply 20July 1, 2021 10:48 PM

Here's how NPR reports it when the woman is actually white.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 1, 2021 10:48 PM

Bitch was hysterical in that clip. She was flipping like a startled chicken and she did get physical with the boy. I think she gave him scratches in his neck if I remember correctly.

by Anonymousreply 22July 1, 2021 10:51 PM

r21, here's Black Enterprises calling her a white woman. What's your point?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 1, 2021 10:51 PM

[quote] In her own words she "Italian, Greek, Puerto Rican.” She's white but that is besides the point.

First of all, she’s hardly “white”, she’s mixed race. And when you’re mixed, you’re not considered white, by anyone. Second, even if we didn’t know her heritage, anyone would take one look at her and see the Puerto Rican. She’d be identified as such (or mixed race, or Latina) by anyone who just looked at her. What matters is not your heritage nor how you identify, but how you look. That’s how privilege is determined. This is not a new concept.

Lastly, this was obviously not a hate crime. I can’t believe they would charge her with it. This kind of shit goes on all over the city every day—people involved in spats, accusations, some minor physical struggle—and it doesn’t get any attention.

She’s a nutcase with a likely drug problem, and she should be charged with assault, yes, but this was not a hate crime. What a joke.

by Anonymousreply 24July 1, 2021 10:51 PM

R19 Isn't race a social construct? Why does her being a quarter European and half Latina matter? Only Black people say that Latinos and Latinas are white while they're called the fastest growing nonwhite demographic in the US.

by Anonymousreply 25July 1, 2021 10:52 PM

Puerto Rican is a mixture of indigenous American, Spanish, and African.

Not. White.

by Anonymousreply 26July 1, 2021 10:53 PM

Do you all not realize that Latina and Puerto Rican are not races, but an ethnicity and nationality. Do you all think Ricky Martin and Carmelo Anthony are of the same race because they're both Puerto Rican? Does anyone think of Cameron Diaz and Christina Aguilera as anything other than white women?

by Anonymousreply 27July 1, 2021 10:54 PM

r26, there are white Puerto Ricans, black Puerto Ricans and mixed race Puerto Ricans.

by Anonymousreply 28July 1, 2021 10:55 PM

Yes, R26, and I know plenty of darker skinned Puerto Ricans. They, and this girl, would not be considered white by anyone, except maybe themselves, in an aspirational way.

by Anonymousreply 29July 1, 2021 10:56 PM

NYT reports that her lawyer claims she is PR and VIETNAMESE.

I suppose her lawyer wants to make a point that this NON WHITE freak didn't commit a race crime. And the Black dad wants to be sure that its a race crime because KA CHING KA CHING KA CHING.

by Anonymousreply 30July 1, 2021 10:58 PM

She’s white, it’s a hate crime. Why waste anymore time on this. She’s various shades of white.

by Anonymousreply 31July 1, 2021 10:58 PM

She's got Adam Driver moles.

by Anonymousreply 32July 1, 2021 10:58 PM

R26, this woman is hardly dark skin. She has a light olive complexion. There's are millions of rednecks with skin darker than hers.

by Anonymousreply 33July 1, 2021 11:00 PM

[quote] She’s white, it’s a hate crime. Why waste anymore time on this. She’s various shades of white.

Nonsense. She doesn’t identify as white and that’s all that matters. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 34July 1, 2021 11:00 PM

How is anyone claiming this bitch is white? All I see is Puerto Rican?

by Anonymousreply 35July 1, 2021 11:01 PM

This woman is Puerto Rican, but to DL Puerto Ricans only a certain way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 1, 2021 11:02 PM

Management failure. We would not have known of this situation if management hired and trained qualified staff rather than their cousin slash fuck buddy.

by Anonymousreply 37July 1, 2021 11:02 PM

[quote] All I see is Puerto Rican?

Oh my god how can people still not determine between ethnicity / nationality / race?

by Anonymousreply 38July 1, 2021 11:03 PM

Race doesn't even exist. Don't tell America however.

by Anonymousreply 39July 1, 2021 11:04 PM

This whole dumb argument just shows how ridiculous it is to classify people based on the relative melanin content of their skin. To the people insisting she MUST be white--how much melanin do I need before I can no longer be considered white, regardless of my heritage? The truth is, the postmodern hell that the woke have manifest around us only allows self ID of race in cases of ambiguity, which this is.

by Anonymousreply 40July 1, 2021 11:04 PM

R38 what about ancestry? Her ancestry is Puerto Rican, European, and Vietnamese. Does it even matter?

by Anonymousreply 41July 1, 2021 11:04 PM

What can you expect from someone who is named after Christmas flowers.

by Anonymousreply 42July 1, 2021 11:06 PM

[quote] In her own words she "Italian, Greek, Puerto Rican.” She's white but that is besides the point.

She’s white now because she was obnoxious on video to a black kid. Tell me a Puerto Rican isn’t a POC. Go ahead, I need a good laugh.

by Anonymousreply 43July 1, 2021 11:07 PM

r40, as one of the people saying she is white it has nothing to do with the content of melanin. There are Black people lighter in complexion than some white people. Her whole demeanor throughout out this thing was that of an entitled white girl used to getting her way and when that didn't work she decided to pull "Oh, I'm really a person of color."

by Anonymousreply 44July 1, 2021 11:07 PM

r43, how many times do I need to state this but Puerto Rican isn't a race but a nationality. There are Puerto Ricans of various races and mixtures. Now tell me this Puerto Rican woman I'm linking below is a woman of color. I need a good laugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45July 1, 2021 11:09 PM

Oh please, like you’ve never seen a non-white person act the way she did, R44?! Seriously? Do you even live in a major metropolitan area?

by Anonymousreply 46July 1, 2021 11:09 PM

R44 LMAO she's white because she acted entitled. You heard it hear first folks! These people saying this will swear they are NOT racist and ARE anti racist.

by Anonymousreply 47July 1, 2021 11:09 PM

Everything is a hate crime. Exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 48July 1, 2021 11:11 PM

R45, the perp is *the definition of mixed race*. Vietnamese is white? Puerto Rican (again: African, indigenous American, and Spanish heritage) is white?

She is not white, no matter how you slice it. Anyone looking at her could tell she isn’t. Other Puerto Ricans would look at her and ID her as PR or mixed.

Finally, she doesn’t identify as white, and you have to respect that.

by Anonymousreply 49July 1, 2021 11:11 PM

r46, I'm talking about her specific demeanor.

r47, learn how to read. I didn't say she's white because she acting entitled. I'm talking about a specific entitlement that comes with having privileges and societal conditioning.

by Anonymousreply 50July 1, 2021 11:11 PM

Privileges and conditioning? More like MENTAL ILLNESS and DRUG USE.

by Anonymousreply 51July 1, 2021 11:12 PM

[quote] Interesting how [R9], thinly veiled racist rant is the most liked comment.

Because any and all accusations of racism against white people are ipso facto correct, and pointing out the absurdity of certain such accusations is also ipso facto racism.

Notice it’s become “racism” to challenge certain sketchy claims of racism. This woman is a POC and apparently mentally ill, but unless you agree that she is 100% a poster child for white racism, you are yourself a racist, at least in r13’s bubble.

by Anonymousreply 52July 1, 2021 11:13 PM

r49, how she identifies is her business, but you are really naive to think all Puerto Ricans are racially mixed.

by Anonymousreply 53July 1, 2021 11:14 PM

R50 I understand what you meant, you're saying basically saying she acted with white privilege, in a major consistent with the privilege of always being a majority in one's society and benefiting from the advantages that brings (really, this is more accurately described as failing to be disadvantaged, but w/e). I get it, but it's totally racist to replace the word "majority" in your worldview with "white". It's obvious to anyone not in the cult, though.

by Anonymousreply 54July 1, 2021 11:15 PM

The aggressor ran up on the first person she saw and started screaming he had her mobile phone. I'm almost certain that it's a coincidence that person is a Black person. 🤣🤣

Management, aka someone's nephew/brother/fuckbuddy demanded to see the phone's screen saver rather than tell the aggressor to have several seats.

by Anonymousreply 55July 1, 2021 11:16 PM

you are all dumbfucks!

by Anonymousreply 56July 1, 2021 11:17 PM

r52, r9's post was nothing more than thinly veiled racism because it had nothing to do with anything. Were the murders they were talking about filmed with the murderer clearly in view? What the hell does that have to do with this story?

by Anonymousreply 57July 1, 2021 11:17 PM

Look at how keen people are here to define Puerto Ricans out of being POC. It’s almost as if she needs to be white to serve a greater narrative ….

by Anonymousreply 58July 1, 2021 11:18 PM

She may say she is European but lol that girl is Boricua de pura cepa.

I remember when I worked in prisons in CA. It was very frustrating because if I needed to see a Black patient and the Latinos were out, I would have to wait until it was the Latinos were back locked up. It would have been incredibly dangerous for a Black inmate to walk amongst the Latinos.

I remember when Mexican gangs drove the Black people out of S LA. The Blacks all moved to Lancaster and the Inland Empire.

by Anonymousreply 59July 1, 2021 11:18 PM

r54, This is an American story about American people. White people are the majority in the US. I don't need to replace white with majority just so you don't have to acknowledge things you don't want to acknowledge.

by Anonymousreply 60July 1, 2021 11:19 PM

She's white-adjacent.

by Anonymousreply 61July 1, 2021 11:20 PM

Or r58 we're not dumbasses and realize Puerto Rican is a nationality not a race. Many Puerto Ricans are people of color and many are white. Why do you want to ignore that basic fact?

by Anonymousreply 62July 1, 2021 11:21 PM

Half my friends of color on two ivy campuses behaved with "specific entitlement that comes with having privileges and societal conditioning". Including the RICH Black and Asian Americans, and the "people of color" from around the world belonging to the ruling classes of their countries. The idiocy in this thread. Only WHITE crackers can have "entitlement" by accident of birth into a certain family?

by Anonymousreply 63July 1, 2021 11:21 PM

So they are charging a Puerto Rican with a hate crime (clearly from the photo she is Latina/mixed race).

When will they ever charge the Blacks who have beating Asians to death/near-death??

by Anonymousreply 64July 1, 2021 11:21 PM

[quote] Were the murders they were talking about filmed with the murderer clearly in view? What the hell does that have to do with this story?

What planet are you from in which being rude to a teen is a greater crime than murder?

Are any of those murders front page news? No. Why is it “racism” to point out these agenda-driven disparities?

by Anonymousreply 65July 1, 2021 11:22 PM

So being a condescending, bratty cunt is a mental illness now?

by Anonymousreply 66July 1, 2021 11:22 PM

[quote] Many Puerto Ricans are people of color and many are white. Why do you want to ignore that basic fact?

When did you run the blood test on her to determine she’s one of those white Puerto Ricans that makes this (completely frivolous) dust up front page news?

by Anonymousreply 67July 1, 2021 11:24 PM

I saw interviews with her. She is not mentally sound. Its more than bratty. She came off like a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 68July 1, 2021 11:24 PM

r65, what planet are you on where you're putting things in my mouth I didn't say.

No where did I say or imply this crime is worse than murder. The point, dummy, other crimes have nothing to do with this story.

by Anonymousreply 69July 1, 2021 11:25 PM

r67, if it is so frivolous and dusty then why are you wasting your time? Find something else to do.

by Anonymousreply 70July 1, 2021 11:26 PM

Other crimes have everything to do with this story — and your need to insult shows the bankruptcy of your argument, r69.

Why is this story being inflated into such a big deal?

by Anonymousreply 71July 1, 2021 11:27 PM

Not going anywhere r70, so sorry. It’s the sort of thing that wouldn’t have even led to an arrest unless it was crowbarred into the Karen narrative.

by Anonymousreply 72July 1, 2021 11:29 PM

r71, they have nothing to do with this story. I see non-murder crime stories posted all the time on DL and no one is in the comments screaming what about the murders on these days. Give me a break.

Big deal to who? 99% of the population doesn't give a damn. You people are drama queens.

by Anonymousreply 73July 1, 2021 11:30 PM

I know you're not. But is this really how you want to spend one of your last 10 summers or so?

by Anonymousreply 74July 1, 2021 11:31 PM

Posted to the DL =/= front page of the New York Times. So again, why is being a jerk to a teenager bigger news that someone being shot twice in the skull? We’ll wait.

by Anonymousreply 75July 1, 2021 11:32 PM

Another intensely fact-laden retort r74. It’s funny how literally every thing you post is wrapped up in identity politics — including age.

by Anonymousreply 76July 1, 2021 11:34 PM

[quote] It’s almost as if she needs to be white to serve a greater narrative ….

Nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 77July 1, 2021 11:36 PM

Yeah, and 99% of the population still doesn't give a damn.

Is there a video of that someone being shot twice in the skull? In fact, who is the murderer and victim you're specifically talking about.

by Anonymousreply 78July 1, 2021 11:37 PM

r76, tick tick tick

by Anonymousreply 79July 1, 2021 11:37 PM

It’s a hate crime because the victim was Black and she targeted him because he was Black and made the assumption that he stole it because of his race. Whatever race she is or identifies is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 80July 1, 2021 11:40 PM

I'm going to guess this guy from earlier today will never have enhanced hate charges added onto his offenses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 1, 2021 11:40 PM

I like how all the people saying it can't be a hate crime because she's non-white are also the same people saying people want her to be white to fit a narrative. You're basically saying only white people can commit hate crimes. Wtf!

by Anonymousreply 82July 1, 2021 11:42 PM

Whiteness is performative, not biological.

by Anonymousreply 83July 1, 2021 11:43 PM

This sounds like a case of overcharging because its a high profile case, when in fact this woman will end up pleading to some assault charge, get anger management counseling, maybe throw in some AA just for good measure. Whether she's a Puerto Rican, Vietnamese or whatever, she is first and foremost a NEW YORKER! (or possibly NY adjacent)

by Anonymousreply 84July 1, 2021 11:45 PM

[quote] how she identifies is her business, but you are really naive to think all Puerto Ricans are racially mixed.

You preach it, sister!!

by Anonymousreply 85July 1, 2021 11:46 PM

Here’s her wonderful performance while being arrested for a DUI. The shrieking mother should have been arrested for interfering with an arrest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86July 1, 2021 11:47 PM

Yeah, she should have taken her crazy show way uptown and she would have never been arrested.

by Anonymousreply 87July 2, 2021 12:01 AM

[quote]she is first and foremost a NEW YORKER! (or possibly NY adjacent)

Piru isn’t exactly adjacent.

by Anonymousreply 88July 2, 2021 12:05 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89July 2, 2021 12:14 AM

[quote]It’s a hate crime because the victim was Black and she targeted him because he was Black and made the assumption that he stole it because of his race. Whatever race she is or identifies is irrelevant.

there is no proof of any of that.

by Anonymousreply 90July 2, 2021 12:55 AM

If a black guy beats another black person and call them the N-Word while doing it, is that a hate crime?

by Anonymousreply 91July 2, 2021 12:56 AM

She got charged solely because she isn’t white

by Anonymousreply 92July 2, 2021 12:57 AM

Racist R92, lots of white people have been charged with hate crimes!! Are you saying that she deserved to be charged a hate crime because she's not white?!?!

by Anonymousreply 93July 2, 2021 1:10 AM

Mommy is on the stroll too. Nasty.

What black person do you know of has pushed and kicked a cop and lived to tell of it?

by Anonymousreply 94July 2, 2021 1:16 AM

Miya Ponsetto

Miya Unffo-getable

by Anonymousreply 95July 2, 2021 1:18 AM

Only POC, gay and some members of some religions can be victims of. a hate crime. Basically a white, straight Christian can never be the victim of a hate crime. I guess that will change in the future if and when they become a minority.

by Anonymousreply 96July 2, 2021 1:22 AM

20% of hate crime victims are white people attacked based on their race. The Supreme Court case that set the precedent for hate crime legislation involved a white male victim attacked by black males because of his race but don't let facts get in the way of anything.

by Anonymousreply 97July 2, 2021 1:28 AM

I was a victim of a hate crime, me white and perp black. I was beaten in my head and rendered unconscious. I developed TBI and still have symptoms to this day. The perp was never prosecuted, despite the crime occurring in a hospital with cameras and witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 98July 2, 2021 1:32 AM

[quote]What black person do you know of has pushed and kicked a cop and lived to tell of it?

Considering that only 250 black people are killed by police each year, I'd say quite a lot.

by Anonymousreply 99July 2, 2021 1:48 AM

[quote] I like how all the people saying it can't be a hate crime because she's non-white are also the same people saying people want her to be white to fit a narrative. You're basically saying only white people can commit hate crimes. Wtf!

I am definitely not saying that. Blacks people have been committing hate crimes against Asians all over the place for the last year. But this mixed race, non-white Puerto Rican girl did not necessarily commit a hate crime here. There is zero evidence that she attacked the teen because he was black.

I also don’t think the white Georgia spa shooter committed hate crimes targeting Asians.

by Anonymousreply 100July 2, 2021 6:51 AM

^^^ In other words what I’m saying is only black people commit hate crimes

by Anonymousreply 101July 2, 2021 6:51 AM

R100 how’s about the fact that she harassed two other Black people in the hotel before the teen boy? This is SoHo, not Haarlem, I doubt there were that many Black people around so three total weren’t just random.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102July 2, 2021 7:07 AM

[quote]When officers responded to the hotel and tried to remove Miya and Nicole Ponsetto from the premises, the mother pushed and kicked a cop. The officer sustained injuries but refused medical attention.

Did she survive the shooting? She was shot for resisting, right?

by Anonymousreply 103July 2, 2021 2:22 PM

Like daughter like mother.

by Anonymousreply 104July 2, 2021 2:24 PM

Where do you live, R102?

by Anonymousreply 105July 2, 2021 5:09 PM

Read "Remains of the Day". Many aristocrats were Nazi sympathizers, not just the Royal Family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106July 2, 2021 5:21 PM

Boston:

Khaled Awad was being arraigned in Brighton District Court on charges of 𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗮𝘂𝗹𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘆 by means of a dangerous weapon and assault and battery on a police officer.

And btw he also stabbed a rabbi eight times.

No hate crime charges of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107July 2, 2021 10:22 PM

That is fucked up R107. Yet this black teen is gonna cash in because a fake-White woman "assaulted" him

by Anonymousreply 108July 2, 2021 11:21 PM

for r107

[quote]Suffolk District Attorney Rachael Rollins, who attended the vigil along with Acting Mayor Kim Janey, said her office is conducting a civil rights investigation into the attack on Noginski, along with the Boston police. “We have to recognize that antisemitism is on the rise, and we need to hold people accountable when they do this, so that they are made an example of,” Rollins said. “This is a continued civil rights investigation.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109July 3, 2021 12:38 AM

Too many of you like r107/r108 seem to think any crime involving people of different demographics automatically means a hate crime. You also don't seem to grasp that the woman was charged with a hate crime months after her initial arrest. Meaning an investigation took place to justify the charge. The fact that you're posting 1 day old crime stories involving people of different demographics and thinking it's a gotcha because a hate crime charge hasn't been filed despite not knowing the actual motive for the crime only proves you're idiots with weak agendas.

by Anonymousreply 110July 3, 2021 2:53 PM

Speaking of hate crime investigations, what ever became if the Matthew Camp attempted murder Aron case?

by Anonymousreply 111July 3, 2021 2:59 PM

what's going on with her jaw?

by Anonymousreply 112July 3, 2021 3:13 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 3, 2021 3:18 PM

Yes, what’s new in the Matthew Camp hate-arson case?

by Anonymousreply 114July 3, 2021 6:04 PM

Where's the vid?

by Anonymousreply 115July 3, 2021 6:25 PM

How is this a hate crime? The USA is beyond help.

by Anonymousreply 116July 3, 2021 7:02 PM

What’s the the story? They both look like Women of color !

by Anonymousreply 117July 3, 2021 7:14 PM

"they" are outraged this girl is charged with a hate crime , "they" are not too disturbed a young man was falsely accused and then assaulted in full view of his parent.

Watch the video. The kid, a goofy, 16 yo, pulled out his phone when the dingbat manager asked . His father, correctly told his son to put the phone away. The manager and the security who were present during this altercation to blame for permitting this incident to escalate into an act of physical violence. In a high end establishment, not the Motel 6.

by Anonymousreply 118July 3, 2021 7:37 PM

But its not a hate crime. Unless she called out racial slurs its just another crazy NYC incident.

by Anonymousreply 119July 3, 2021 8:07 PM

Yes, R118, to people like you, everything is binary. No shades of gray, all nuance flattened.

by Anonymousreply 120July 3, 2021 9:03 PM

You'd feel differently if you were falsely accused of theft and then assaulted with no proof or cause.

by Anonymousreply 121July 3, 2021 9:14 PM

[quote] But its not a hate crime. Unless she called out racial slurs its just another crazy NYC incident.

I think almost every gay person on this site can attest to a time when they faced homophobia yet the word ‘faggot’ wasn’t yelled in their face.

by Anonymousreply 122July 3, 2021 9:47 PM

Was this the stupid bitch who made a big deal over her phone and then she found it?

by Anonymousreply 123July 3, 2021 10:28 PM

R123 Yes, that's the stupid racist Bitch!

by Anonymousreply 124July 4, 2021 12:00 AM

r119, a hate crime is motivated by prejudice on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation, or other grounds. One doesn't have to explicitly yell out slurs to commit a hate crime. But if you have more information than the prosecutor then please let us and more importantly the prosecutor know.

by Anonymousreply 125July 4, 2021 12:16 AM

She looks like AMELIA RINNA, LISA RINNA'S daughter by HARRY HAMLIN, who is incidentally dating SCOTT DISICK!

by Anonymousreply 126July 4, 2021 12:21 AM

Also, r119 the fact that the woman already accused two black people in the hotel before tackling the teenager and didn't make accusations against anyone else other than random black people it becomes obvious she was operating under racial prejudices. But sure, it's not racist to randomly accuse black people and black people only of stealing a phone SHE left in her Uber car before physically assaulting one.

by Anonymousreply 127July 4, 2021 12:27 AM

Just out of interest, do we know the race of the Uber driver?

by Anonymousreply 128July 4, 2021 12:30 AM

R127, who else was in and around the hotel lobby at the time that we know for sure she didn’t accost?

Did she admit she went after the teen because he was black?

by Anonymousreply 129July 4, 2021 12:44 AM

Also, should mentally ill people be charged with hate crimes? If they are determined to not be of sound mind, does it make sense to charge them with a hate crime? The black homeless man who assaulted the older Asian woman outside that hotel in Manhattan — should he be charged with a hate crime? He’s severely mentally ill.

This Ponsetta girl seems to be mentally ill, too.

by Anonymousreply 130July 4, 2021 12:51 AM

This girl is a nutter, and she is closer to black than she is white.

by Anonymousreply 131July 4, 2021 1:09 AM

She’s part Eye-talian…

by Anonymousreply 132July 4, 2021 1:10 AM

Yeah, R132, the part that made the call.

by Anonymousreply 133July 4, 2021 1:11 AM

Sorry if it’s been said before, but grease fire for her.

by Anonymousreply 134July 4, 2021 1:13 AM

She's already halfway there, R134. All that's missing is the fire.

by Anonymousreply 135July 4, 2021 1:14 AM

r129, you mean the hotel staff and other witnesses?

r130, how do you know this woman is mentally ill? Are you her psychiatrist? Some people are just assholes. If she's mentally ill and incapable of standing trial due to competency then that's for the court to decide. I don't know even know why you're bringing up some other case about a mentally ill person. How about look up mens rea and elements of a crime. You're asking questions you wouldn't ask if you had a basic grasp of the criminal law system.

by Anonymousreply 136July 4, 2021 2:49 AM

Eat my asshole, R136.

by Anonymousreply 137July 4, 2021 2:51 AM

r137, I don't eat out of dumpsters, so no thank you. But don't get mad at me because your dumb ass is asking stupid questions.

by Anonymousreply 138July 4, 2021 3:01 AM

You’re right. We should not discuss this case any further, R138. How could I have been so dumb? Total silence on this matter, from everyone, until the court has made its decision.

by Anonymousreply 139July 4, 2021 3:03 AM

r139, don't confuse your lack of a basic understanding of criminal law system with an actual discussion. Not to mention you brought up some other random case that had absolutely nothing to do with this case so yeah perhaps take a basic criminal law course then come back when you know what the hell you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 140July 4, 2021 3:14 AM

Enough with this mental illness bullshit which is constantly trotted out as an excuse for acting like an appalling human being and doing anything to anyone with impunity.

Got a mental illness and won't get it treated and use it as an excuse? Tough fucking shit.

White, brown, black, pink, yellow, blue, red. I've had enough of it.

by Anonymousreply 141July 4, 2021 3:18 AM

So only people who’ve taken law classes can ask questions or discuss this case on Datalounge? Who the fuck do you think you are?

by Anonymousreply 142July 4, 2021 3:25 AM

r142, you can ask any questions and join any discussion you want. You're just one of many that don't bother to do the bare minimum of actually knowing what they're talking about but love to spread their ignorance. And I can call out that ignorance which has gotten you mad. That's who the fuck I am, somebody who has you in your feelings, you weak bitch.

by Anonymousreply 143July 4, 2021 1:19 PM

Not a hate crime. The kid was close to her. She couldn't find her phone. She thought he took it so she went after him. If it had been a white teen female she would have done the same. Plus she's cray.

Prosecutors are trying to be woke these days. They're idiots, too.

by Anonymousreply 144July 8, 2021 11:00 PM

She's a prostitute

by Anonymousreply 145July 8, 2021 11:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!