Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How do you feel about your reflection in the mirror...be honest

Inspired by this post

[quote]I remember she wrote in her autobiography, “I always had one hundred percent confidence in my looks,” and I thought, “Wow, that must be nice.”

Every day, I have the same sense of bewilderment, it 's been over thirty years and never gets old. I see my reflection in the bathroom mirror, and I think to myself, "wow you're are REALLY handsome". It's just me being honest about the subject. I'm always a bit shocked. I don't feel it, even though I've been a model, I've had tons of privileges , free things and jobs throwned at me all my life, because of my looks. I don't like myself personally, but I even age really well. So strange

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114June 29, 2021 2:49 AM

Honestly? I feel just like Bette Davis in "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?" when she takes a good look at herself in the mirror . . . and screams.

by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2021 5:50 PM

I see too much of a certain parent creeping through in my features and I hate that.

But I have enough of the other parent to be proud.

by Anonymousreply 2June 25, 2021 5:52 PM

It confuses me. I photograph like the devil. When I look in the mirror it's not nearly as awful. Does anyone else photograph worse than they look in the mirror or is it me deluding myself?

by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2021 5:53 PM

Once I turned sixty I realized it's best not to look too closely

by Anonymousreply 4June 25, 2021 5:54 PM

Throwned is my favorite new word. Good thing you're handsome because you're a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 5June 25, 2021 5:56 PM

I'm like you, R3. When I see myself in the mirror I think I'm OK looking. Not handsome but pleasant looking. But in photographs I always look hideous.

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2021 5:57 PM

Mirrors lie. Photos don't. We see what we want to see when we look into a mirror.

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2021 6:00 PM

From yesterday's NYT: Why Is It OK to Be Mean to the Ugly?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2021 6:04 PM

I see my double-chin. I used to be lantern jawed. Had killer symmetry. Now my angles are disappearing. Oh well. Better to have had it once upon a time...

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2021 6:11 PM

[quote] Throwned is my favorite new word. Good thing you're handsome because you're a fucking idiot.

If it wasn't for throwned, I would have given it 2/10.

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2021 6:16 PM

I'm attractive enough to attract the people I'm attracted to, but not so attractive that people hate me for it. It's a good balance!

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2021 6:24 PM

throwned is nice. it's a typo, but it's a keeper

by Anonymousreply 12June 25, 2021 6:25 PM

OP = typical Datalounger who's 52 and thinks he looks 25.

by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2021 6:29 PM

[quote] but not so attractive that people hate me for it.

Thats a real downside though. I don't like myself so much, I don't care about my looks (even though I would hate to lose them). I'm more of a young Tony Perkins type, and my idea of beauty is more like, Chris Pratt. But people haven't been nice to me, let me tell you. Oh, can we talk ? I've had a lot of "with your face, you don't expect us to be nice " I like average guys. I like chubs. I don't look for beauty in a man, it's not a turn on for me

by Anonymousreply 14June 25, 2021 6:30 PM

Mostly I just cry and wonder if I was Hitler in a past life to deserve this shit. Then I get drunk.

by Anonymousreply 15June 25, 2021 7:00 PM

It depends on the lighting. I've taken some accidental selfies and was horrified. Other times I look good enough to delude myself that I still have my looks until I see a photo someone's taken and I have to face the fact that I'm old.

by Anonymousreply 16June 25, 2021 7:01 PM

I want to run away in horror. I’ve always hated my reflection. Teams meetings make me depressed.

by Anonymousreply 17June 25, 2021 7:06 PM

[quote] When I look in the mirror it's not nearly as awful. Does anyone else photograph worse than they look in the mirror or is it me deluding myself?

This would be me also! When I look into a mirror I am okay with my face and hair, then I see a photo of myself and 9 times out of 10 I am horrified. I am not exactly sure what it is. I will also note that I also look horrendous on Facetime.

by Anonymousreply 18June 25, 2021 7:08 PM

[quote]How do you feel about your reflection in the mirror...be honest

I'll let you know. If I ever actually look in one again.

by Anonymousreply 19June 25, 2021 7:10 PM

I looked great until my 30s, pretty good till mid 40s. Slipping in 50s. I did nothing to preserve or earn good looks. Now, at 70, I just try to make myself presentable. It's all vanity anyway, and in the end, if you live long enough - old.

by Anonymousreply 20June 25, 2021 7:13 PM

I recall the review of Ava Gardner's autobiography where she stated the saddest day of her life was when she looked in the mirror and realized she lost her looks/beauty to the aging process.

by Anonymousreply 21June 25, 2021 7:18 PM

I've been a vegan for decades, I don't drink/smoke, I've trained all my life with enormous discipline, I had great skin and a terrific body to start with, but I'm very surprised at how good I look in my fifties. Also I have a full head of hair and that makes a difference. But in the end, I think it's just luck, because I eat tons of carbs too and have a messy sleep schedule, and it doesn't show. I have a very firm jawline, and no skin care routine. I haven't hit the gym since last year, and my body hasn't changed. It's nice to look good when you're not young anymore.

by Anonymousreply 22June 25, 2021 7:20 PM

I now use all my Vaseline on my mirror to ‘photo grease’ my look.

by Anonymousreply 23June 25, 2021 7:22 PM

When I was younger, I turned down so many opportunities believing that I would be young forever. What a mistake, never enjoyed a lasting relationship. The one's I was interested in already had a partner. CeraVe and witch hazel has helped keep my face wrinkle free.

by Anonymousreply 24June 25, 2021 7:27 PM

R22, on behalf of all of us, shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 25June 25, 2021 7:29 PM

[quote] When I was younger, I turned down so many opportunities believing that I would be young forever.

Well, that's a problem I don't have

by Anonymousreply 26June 25, 2021 7:29 PM

[quote] Does anyone else photograph worse than they look in the mirror or is it me deluding myself?

(Raises hand!). ME!! My gods, my pics look awful (not my pecs, those are decent!). I rarely see a picture of myself that doesn’t make me cringe.

[quote] on behalf of all of us, shut the fuck up.

Oh, let him go on and on. He obviously needs to (try to) arouse envy from strangers on DL.

by Anonymousreply 27June 25, 2021 8:17 PM

I haven't seen myself in a mirror in what seems like ages.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 25, 2021 8:24 PM

No, I just want an exchange . it's an interesting subject. As a matter of fact I too don't photograph very well. I look much better IRL. And being remarkably good looking isn't all peaches and roses. most people think I'm a pretentious asshole, and I'm not. But I've been put on a pedestal or hated with a passion all my life, of course it's fucked up

by Anonymousreply 29June 25, 2021 8:28 PM

I know what you mean, OP. Some days I look a lot like my old self (maybe I'm happier or more rested) and then I'm gratified all over again to have been genetically-gifted with good looks. It's not like I got all the great cards in life--far, far from it. I envy people with loving families, long-term healthy friendships, Ivy League educations, wealth, etc. Good looks is just one card that life deals you and since nobody gets all good cards, OP, you're right to treasure it.

by Anonymousreply 30June 25, 2021 8:39 PM

I think I look fine in the mirror and I am ALWAYS surprised by how hideous I look in selfies. It’s the camera - distorts my face. Nose looks bigger and face looks longer. Apparently it has created a plastic surgery industry - people who don’t need work done but think they do because of selfies.

by Anonymousreply 31June 25, 2021 8:43 PM

A beard- as long as you can grow a full one - hides a myriad of sins.

by Anonymousreply 32June 25, 2021 9:50 PM

R3 / R6 I have a friend who is the exact opposite. In photos, her face is beautiful; she takes a beautiful picture. However, face-to-face she has large moles covering her face and is not attractive in the least. It's amazing.

by Anonymousreply 33June 25, 2021 10:56 PM

I think my reflection now, in my EG years, is hideous. It must be true - we get the face we deserve.

by Anonymousreply 34June 25, 2021 10:57 PM

What I see in the mirror isn't pretty, but the Zoom screen is much worse.

by Anonymousreply 35June 25, 2021 11:01 PM

I hate myself for being too pretty and people don't take my intelligence seriously. MEH!

by Anonymousreply 36June 25, 2021 11:10 PM

I was cute as a toddler (Who wasn’t?), hideous as a teenager, and I had a brief window (mid-20s to early 30s) when I looked decent and occasionally almost handsome.

Now I’m in my mid-60s and I’ve been somewhere on the plain-to-ugly spectrum ever since.

Main reason I gave up on the apps is that a pleasant, decent photo of my face simple cannot be taken. It does a number on your psyche.

I look in the mirror briefly before leaving home just to make sure all the parts are in the right place. One glance in the mirror per day is more than sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 37June 26, 2021 12:35 AM

^^^ simply, not simple

by Anonymousreply 38June 26, 2021 12:36 AM

[quote]I've been a vegan for decades

Exciting.

by Anonymousreply 39June 26, 2021 12:47 AM

OP you sound like real goddamn treat.

by Anonymousreply 40June 26, 2021 12:52 AM

I love myself! I wouldn't change a thing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 26, 2021 12:56 AM

I see a sexy teenager.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 26, 2021 1:01 AM

I have a winning personality.

by Anonymousreply 43June 26, 2021 1:02 AM

Who told you that, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 44June 26, 2021 1:03 AM

It's too bad I can't lose some weight because I have such a pretty face.

by Anonymousreply 45June 26, 2021 1:09 AM

I try to avoid mirrors now.

by Anonymousreply 46June 26, 2021 1:23 AM

I look in the mirror and ask who's that? I got old.

by Anonymousreply 47June 26, 2021 1:27 AM

R21 raises an important point. Even the beautiful eventually succumb to the aging process. No amount of surgery can make you look 25 again. After a certain age, it's more about your character than your looks. I also only look in the mirror to make sure I look presentable.

by Anonymousreply 48June 26, 2021 1:27 AM

I try not to dwell on it too much ……….

by Anonymousreply 49June 26, 2021 2:03 AM

I always tell people to try flipping their image and telling me if they still think they look great since THAT is what other people actually see.

Most people are freaked out by it.

by Anonymousreply 50June 26, 2021 2:08 AM

I felt unfuckable and ugly in my 20s. Now I’m near 50, and see a cute sexy guy in my old photos. That is sad to me.

Didn’t get much action back then. Now I’m grizzled but comfortable with myself, I’m having more sex now then I did in my cute 20s.

However, I look like a hideous troll in pics and barely ok in the mirror.

by Anonymousreply 51June 26, 2021 2:31 AM

When I look at my reflection in a mirror, I end up the way Vivien Leigh does in "Ship of Fools."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 26, 2021 4:17 AM

When I see my reflection in the mirror I say-

CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!

by Anonymousreply 53June 26, 2021 4:37 AM

I think, too fat. Too jowly. Too pug-nosed. Too bulgy-eyed. I look like a Seuss character and all the worst features like the weird eyes nose and teeth just seem to be getting bigger. Somehow my head is getting smaller too so it's more bug-like than before.

Sigh. I'll go get the paper bag.

by Anonymousreply 54June 26, 2021 4:41 AM

r50 do you mean reversing the image?

by Anonymousreply 55June 26, 2021 4:44 AM

I was pleased with the way I looked before I got COVID. I'm not saying I was beautiful or gorgeous, but just pleasantly attractive. I come from a long line of family that lives to be over 100y/o, so I had that going for me. My family doesn't age rapidly.

But COVID ruined my skin. I'm 67 and didn't have a wrinkle (good genes) and now my skin is so dry it just flakes off, no matter what my doctor and I have tried. The skin on the inside of my arms is all wrinkled now, and it wasn't before. Same with my legs. My skin is so dry that it burns. I love drinking water, so dehydration isn't a problem. I'm slowly taking off the 20 lbs that I gained, and I'm afraid that it will result in even more wrinkling.

I think I aged about 20 years during COVID, and I'm still dealing with long-COVID symptoms.

As for photos, my sister was an absolute beauty, but she didn't photograph well at all.

by Anonymousreply 56June 26, 2021 6:18 AM

OP is lit-rully Rob Lowe's Parks & Recreation character.

by Anonymousreply 57June 26, 2021 6:32 AM

All I see is the remnant of my peak beauty. Which was movie star looks. I'm not bad now. Just sadly pedestrian, at least compared to what I was not that long ago.

by Anonymousreply 58June 26, 2021 7:08 AM

I was always plain looking and learned early in life that I’d better offer more to the world than looks. My brother was always “the handsome one”, but our Dad says that I am the one people remember. I feel bad for people who were once super attractive, and then one day simply average. That must be a hard identity to let go of.

My bathroom has really good lighting, so I actually look healthier in the mirror than I do in daylight or office lighting. I know that.

by Anonymousreply 59June 26, 2021 7:50 AM

Who was being quoted in OP’s post?

by Anonymousreply 60June 26, 2021 7:53 AM

I'm fine with mine, mostly. I gained a ton of white hair in my beard this past year. I'm still working on my beard shaping with the dramatic color change, decided to trim it back a lot. Otherwise I'm astounded that I didn't lose any hair or gain any wrinkles. Even on my darkest dissociative days of 2020, when I couldn't even get off the couch, I would ask my husband to bring me a large bottle of water and my Oil of Olay. Now that I'm starting to socialize more in a city I just moved to pre-covid, I'm glad I kept up.

by Anonymousreply 61June 26, 2021 8:03 AM

I was really good looking and I knew it to some extent.. Now old, I look pretty good for my age except for jowls and droopy eyelids. The jowls really bother me. Sometimes I’ll take a brutal selfie just to horrify myself. I had a good run though.

by Anonymousreply 62June 26, 2021 8:04 AM

R7 not necessarily true, why do you think there is a word called "photogenic", I definitely look better in photos than in life or in the mirror.

by Anonymousreply 63June 26, 2021 8:23 AM

I think you guys are really fantastic. honest contribution and all. What surprises me is how many men feel bad about their appearance, when in fact , they 're super sexy/attractive . I've had lots of hook ups who spent half the action apologizing or complainng about their looks ( I usually offer a full massage before sex, I love to give a good massage). R51 =typical example. I'm glad you're easier on yourself now, and you probably are a cute sexy older guy, even if you don't see it.

by Anonymousreply 64June 26, 2021 10:51 AM

I've quoted this before... Barbara Stanwyck in The Thorn Birds: Inside this stupid body, I'm still young!

I remember her delivering the line and thinking silly old lady. And now I understand. I'm sure many writers have captured it too but it seems to me one of the life lessons you actually can't learn until you're living it. On in this case, looking at it.

by Anonymousreply 65June 26, 2021 11:05 AM

R60 I'm still wondering that. If only we had knowned who said that.

by Anonymousreply 66June 26, 2021 11:27 AM

Those of you who have had looks and (to a greater or lesser extent) lost them are lucky, as a poster said upthread. I have a facial deformity which has had a huge impact on my life.

by Anonymousreply 67June 26, 2021 11:41 AM

"Because of the proximity of your face to the camera, the lens can distort certain features, making them look larger than they are in real life. Pictures also only provide a 2-D version of ourselves. Depending on your features, if you have a soft, round face, photos can flatten your features and further distort the "real" you. "

That's me... soft, round face, so feeling less ugly than at the start of the Google.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 26, 2021 11:49 AM

And more of the same.

Girls, we're all reasonably not that ugly!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69June 26, 2021 11:49 AM

Sexy fucker!

by Anonymousreply 70June 26, 2021 12:00 PM

OP, no one will ever love you as much as you love you.

by Anonymousreply 71June 26, 2021 12:11 PM

Another reason people may look better in the mirror is that they have learned over time to immediately self-correct when looking in a mirror - straightening their shoulders, adjusting the tilt of their chin, etc. So they’ve improved their actual appearance before their eyes and brain process the image. With a camera, especially if it’s not a selfie, you don’t know exactly what angle the photo is being taken at and you can’t control the presentation. So, in that sense, the camera is more honest. But this effect is probably outweighed by the other ones listed in the linked articles.

by Anonymousreply 72June 26, 2021 12:13 PM

Friends of mine who are people of color have also mentioned often that they hate being in group photographs because of there are white people in the group, the lighting is almost always adjusted to flatter them leaving the dark-skinned people to be on the receiving end of harsh, unflattering photographs.

by Anonymousreply 73June 26, 2021 12:29 PM

I use to hate to look in the mirror so much that I avoided them at all cost. From 22 on I gained weight from eating, drinking, and a feeling that I was fat and ugly so what did it matter. But at 40 I was overweight. My doctor told me I was developing high blood pressure and pre-diabetic conditions. He wanted to give me pills. I hate pills. So his next option was changing my eating habits and exercise. So I buckled down and started working out every day and eating only healthy food. By the time I was 45 I had lost 80 pounds. But my face also seemed to stop aging- I don’t smoke, drink or sit out in the sun. So even though I still have a distance relationship with the mirror I now see a healthy man who is aging well. I think I look better looking at 56 than I did at 30. The caveat is that I got more tail as a large man at 30 than a healthy man at 56. Oh well!

by Anonymousreply 74June 26, 2021 1:07 PM

Well, I just looked. I think I shall resist the surgeon's knife for one more year.

by Anonymousreply 75June 26, 2021 1:09 PM

The quote is from that actress who played the old Lady in Titanic, the stupid who drops the diamond

by Anonymousreply 76June 26, 2021 2:06 PM

R56 It's been said that experiencing COVID ages a person 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 77June 26, 2021 2:17 PM

I could have written R37 word for word.

I only look in a mirror when I have to, and even then I cringe every time. I hate having my picture taken, and I have been photo shopped out of group photos which confirmed that I was REALLY unattractive. That is not an exaggeration; I've been cut out of pictures because - I'm guessing here - I ruin the pictures.

I have a partner of many years who loves me and says he thinks I'm still attractive, but while I am appreciative of his thoughts, I don't think he's particularly objective.

I'm at an age where I really shouldn't give a shit, but my looks still bother me, and it's gotten so bad that I hate going out of the house. Doesn't help that I live in a community with a large number of gays. They tend to be judgemental. And good looking.

Here's a really silly thing: I'll never ever be cruised again in my life. Silly but depressing.

I already have a therapist so I'm working on it.

by Anonymousreply 78June 26, 2021 2:38 PM

Never been cute….never been handsome……and I am glad……when I meet someone …the relationship that evolves usually isn’t based on superficial looks ….it’s based on who I am as a person…my core values….my humor….my accomplishments…. that is what they are drawn too.

by Anonymousreply 79June 26, 2021 2:56 PM

R79 that's what I find attractive too

by Anonymousreply 80June 26, 2021 2:57 PM

I think I look great. Then I put my contact lenses in and recoil.

by Anonymousreply 81June 26, 2021 3:11 PM

My looks ran off with CoViD and severe depression.

That said, I’ve heard inner rumblings suggesting that my looks are about to make a comeback!

Not my 20something looks, mind you, but my middle aged looks, which are just fine.

A little bit of filler, some Botox and a regimental skincare routine, eating properly, and exercise will do wonders.

But honestly, for me? I have to find a place to live where I’m completely alone and 100% independent again. Living where I currently live and being surrounded by a bunch of unhealthy and highly judgmental people has been a very negative experience for my self perception of myself and my self confidence.

Yes, I have plenty to fix and take care of regarding myself and my mental health, etc., but it’s REALLY difficult to care about yourself and feel confident when you are constantly belittled and mocked by people who are allegedly supposed to care about you and love you.

I’ve learned my lesson. NEVER, EVER expect even a modicum of care from assholes who are allegedly family and/or friends. It’s about how you feel inside or in my case, a memory of how I felt inside before I exposed myself to unnecessary BULLSHIT, when attempting to finally feel loved and acceptable by my family.

It really isn’t about how we look. It’s about how we feel inside as we glance into our own reflection.

by Anonymousreply 82June 26, 2021 3:27 PM

Like mirror reflection, don't look the same in photos. I read that once you hit a certain age, you see yourself in a mirror as ten years younger.

by Anonymousreply 83June 26, 2021 3:30 PM

I would do him.

by Anonymousreply 84June 26, 2021 3:38 PM

Have you had your thyroid checked R56? An underactive one can dry the hell out of your skin. Aveeno is good too, I just slather it on after every shower.

by Anonymousreply 85June 26, 2021 3:57 PM

[QUOTE]Friends of mine who are people of color have also mentioned often that they hate being in group photographs because of there are white people in the group, the lighting is almost always adjusted to flatter them leaving the dark-skinned people to be on the receiving end of harsh, unflattering photographs.

That does happen but it's never intentional.

R73, Darker-skinned people need more light on them. There's a whole history (which I think is fascinating) and science behind it in the film and photography industries. Also, the camera has a lot to do with it as well, or rather how well the camera is able to harness light. Cameras weren't as good as they are now a decade or two ago. There's more dynamic range with most of them these days so it's easier to photograph a group of people with different skin tones and adjust it later.

Even if you're not a person of color, try looking at a photo of yourself from a modern camera phone now vs. the 90s, 80s or earlier. You'll probably notice more depth and a range of tones now in a photo than you would looking at photos from before then. If you were olive or darker skinned and you didn't have enough light reflecting off of your face then, it was easy to become washed out in old photos.

So if you're ever photographing a group of people together of different skin tones, it's still good practice to put anyone darker skinned closest to the light source.

R85, R56, My derm also swears by CeraVe products. Yes, they're cheap but apparently they weren't joking when they said dermatologists recommend it because it's good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 26, 2021 4:01 PM

I don't feel great about my reflection. I rarely look in the mirror. I know I'm ugly. I've been called ugly all my life.

by Anonymousreply 87June 26, 2021 4:16 PM

Seeing myself on Zoom made me face reality that I had gained way too much weight while lying to myself that I looked fine. Since I was working from home I started working out every day. My partner had done most of our cooking pre-pandemic since he got home earlier, and he’s never met a stick of butter he couldn’t use, so I took on more of our cooking and we both lost weight. The key is keeping it up now that I’ll be back to the office ….

by Anonymousreply 88June 26, 2021 4:31 PM

[quote] Darker-skinned people need more light on them.

So, sunlight is racist?

by Anonymousreply 89June 26, 2021 4:33 PM

I'm ugly, ugly, ugly!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90June 26, 2021 4:37 PM

When you think that Robert Mitchum's face completely melted in his sixties, it puts things in perspective. He still had the mojo (BDE?) and was cast as romantic leads for another 10 years, I think. A person can be attractive from the inside, a kind of strength and self-acceptance plus intelligence that shines through. R54, I'm sure it's not that bad. My jaw line melted (hence thinking about RM), but I don't think I look like the Scream mask--at least not yet!

by Anonymousreply 91June 26, 2021 6:19 PM

Now that I'm in my dotage sometimes I look in the mirror and kind of see my paternal grandfather.

by Anonymousreply 92June 26, 2021 6:41 PM

R50, it's the image in the mirror that would need to be "flipped" if you want to see what other people see. We see ourselves reversed in the mirror, but the camera sees what others see. (Think about the expression "mirror image.")

by Anonymousreply 93June 26, 2021 8:25 PM

I had not much been on video conferencing before last year but seeing myself on it actually makes me happier about how I look. Especially surprising since I've gained 5-10lbs over the last while, and I was already 5-10lbs heavier than I'd have wanted to be.

by Anonymousreply 94June 26, 2021 8:41 PM

I am 46 and I can tolerate myself in a mirror with soft lighting, but in photographs I am Jabba the Hutt. My worry is that I already feel this way now - so how bad will it be when I’m 66? I shudder to think.

by Anonymousreply 95June 26, 2021 8:56 PM

OP, this was a such a concern of mine two years ago that I started a thread (link below).

Nowadays, I think: "Maybe I look better in motion." Isn't it preferable to pleasantly surprise people when they first meet you, instead of disappointing them because you don't look as good as your photos?

In the long run, a lovely personality wins because it can last a lifetime. Beautiful people who never learn to cultivate inner beauty have nothing to fall back on after they lose their looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96June 26, 2021 9:13 PM

I’m 36...

by Anonymousreply 97June 26, 2021 9:26 PM

Let’s just say I get more looks my way when wearing my mask.

by Anonymousreply 98June 26, 2021 9:31 PM

R98 most people were more attractive with masks on lol

by Anonymousreply 99June 27, 2021 2:34 PM

At my age I only look in the mirror to shave and then only from the nose down.

by Anonymousreply 100June 27, 2021 3:21 PM

R99 I noticed that too. When the masks came off I got to see noses again and so many of them are not pretty-

by Anonymousreply 101June 27, 2021 11:44 PM

[quote] and he’s never met a stick of butter he couldn’t use...

R88 then stop buying butter, use margarine instead or olive oil, and something tells me it's not him, you just love butter!

by Anonymousreply 102June 28, 2021 12:45 AM

It's how my reflection feels about me that I'm worried about.

by Anonymousreply 103June 28, 2021 1:40 AM

With a little bit of lighting I actually like my reflection in a mirror and look younger. It is when I have the full light that it shows my wrinkles and I feel I look older than my years.

by Anonymousreply 104June 28, 2021 3:24 AM

Have you tried looking into the mirror in complete darkness, R104?

by Anonymousreply 105June 28, 2021 6:16 AM

The point went over your head R105. Everything has to do with lighting.

by Anonymousreply 106June 28, 2021 12:19 PM

I'd say everything has to do with bone structure, but I'm stuck in that loop.

by Anonymousreply 107June 28, 2021 12:26 PM

The illusion can be manipulated R107. A little contouring with makeup and a woman can seem to have good bone structure.

by Anonymousreply 108June 28, 2021 12:31 PM

[quote]The point went over your head R105. Everything has to do with lighting.

It was a joke, R106.

by Anonymousreply 109June 28, 2021 6:30 PM

R3, that’s me. I am happy with the way I look, but when I see myself in a photo, I cringe. Is that what other people see?

by Anonymousreply 110June 28, 2021 6:46 PM

WHAT reflection, OP?

by Anonymousreply 111June 28, 2021 11:18 PM

When I see my reflection, I see a very old, old man, but that's alright, I look like my father so it makes me very happy.

by Anonymousreply 112June 28, 2021 11:25 PM

[quote] Every day, I have the same sense of bewilderment, it 's been over thirty years and never gets old. I see my reflection in the bathroom mirror, and I think to myself, "wow you're are REALLY handsome". It's just me being honest about the subject. I'm always a bit shocked. I don't feel it, even though I've been a model, I've had tons of privileges , free things and jobs throwned at me all my life, because of my looks. I don't like myself personally, but I even age really well. So strange

OFFS, troll deluxe. And not in a handsome way. Just look at yourself. Your face resembles a sebaceous cyst.

by Anonymousreply 113June 29, 2021 12:13 AM

Take a sheet of paper cover one side of your face. You will find you have a young and an older side. For me my right side is older. It is amazing the illusions mirrors and cameras present.

by Anonymousreply 114June 29, 2021 2:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!