Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What Exactly is Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham’s Deal?

Why are they still at odds with each other after all these years? Someone on here said that they were rekindling their romance m in the late 90s and then Lindsey went and got someone else pregnant. Did that set off another wave of animosity between the pair - if that story is indeed true. I just don’t get it. In the early 2010s, before he was fired from the group, Buckingham said that they were still working on things in regards to their relationship (or friendship) with one another. It seems to be a never-ending soap opera with them.

by Anonymousreply 31August 4, 2021 1:54 PM

Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2021 8:00 PM

I want them both to go on tour again just for the possibility that they’ll go down in a fiery ball in the tour plane.

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2021 8:08 PM

Guess what? Lindsey is getting a divorce. Paart 756 of S&L show is about to begin.

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2021 8:10 PM

I have the same question. As far as I know, no associates have ever really talked.

by Anonymousreply 4July 2, 2021 4:53 AM

Their love can not be explained, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5July 2, 2021 4:56 AM

easy to pinpoint: their shared business required them to spend long periods of time together both recording and then touring around the world. so they were forced back into close proximity to each other on 5 or 6 occasions for months or years at a time. yet being rock stars, they also had to separate after and had enough money that they didn't need each other (unlike most relationships that are failing where one spouse depends on the other financially).

by Anonymousreply 6July 2, 2021 5:00 AM

Yep, it became a business relationship. Stevie may have a bit more nostalgia about it at times, far more than him. But they both have benefited from the ongoing musical partnership, and the endless speculation adds to the FM mystique.

I do wonder why Lindsey's wife cut out on him after so long, and after he's had so many health problems. Strange.

by Anonymousreply 7July 2, 2021 5:03 AM

But then why continue to write songs about each other well into the 21st century if it's strictly a business relationship? Is doing that part of the business relationship where they're trying to fool the public? I don't think they're romantically involved, but it seems more strangely personal than a "business relationship" from both of their ends. Same with Stevie's behavior, acting like she can't tolerate being in his physical presence.

by Anonymousreply 8July 2, 2021 5:16 AM

Well of course its also personal, they were live-in partners for several years pre-fame. That kind of bond from so early in your younger romantic life ties you together somewhat. Also, supposedly Stevie was physically/verbally abused by LB during their time together and in the band, which has led to a lot of friction.

by Anonymousreply 9July 2, 2021 5:32 AM

I thought that guy from The Eagles was the love of her life. Trying to recall which one it was, Don Henley? She has talked about this over the years. I also recall her saying that Buckingham had abused her on occasion. That ain't cool.

by Anonymousreply 10July 2, 2021 8:37 AM

She's also stated that of all the men in her life, LB loved her the most (I forget who she said she loves the most, but it wasn't him). I don't consider either of them reliable narrators.

I think they're both deeply narcissistic and emotionally arrested. That said, I can't imagine having a long-term relationship with someone for years, then breaking up but continuing to work together for decades after. Doesn't seem a great idea except, for them, financially.

by Anonymousreply 11July 2, 2021 8:43 AM

Why does anyone care?

They are two elderly people in their 70s who have a lifelong history and a long-established relationship dynamic.

They capitalized on their tumultuous relationship as part of their public image to sell music, but for how long can people stay interested in the squabbles of an elderly couple of frenemies?

by Anonymousreply 12July 2, 2021 8:47 AM

Sounds like you have it all figured out R9. Still no one here has any information from the inside, as is clear from the oodles of Fleetwood Mac threads that get posted here.

by Anonymousreply 13July 2, 2021 2:20 PM

Their immature dynamic raises speculation, gives them the attention they crave and makes them both money. They'll both milk it in their own way as long as it's personally beneficial to them. Like R11 said, they are narcissists.

by Anonymousreply 14July 2, 2021 3:22 PM

She was pissed off that he was named after a British palace and she was named after a basketball team whose players were of the darker persuasion.

by Anonymousreply 15July 2, 2021 3:52 PM

Why do you insist on boring us with these tedious posts?

by Anonymousreply 16July 2, 2021 4:05 PM

In terms of personalities I'm Team Stevie. LB did abuse her -- emotionally and at least a few times physically. Read Mick Fleetwood's book. Stevie may be nuts but she didn't deserve to be grabbed and pushed down onto the hood of a car.

LB's a brilliant musician but Stevie is a rock star.

by Anonymousreply 17July 2, 2021 4:14 PM

Nobody cares! It’s 2021!

by Anonymousreply 18July 2, 2021 4:15 PM

We really only care if they are selling their houses so we can point and laugh at the decor.

by Anonymousreply 19July 2, 2021 4:21 PM

This should be nominated for one of the top contenders for WHO THE FUCK CARES?

by Anonymousreply 20July 2, 2021 7:32 PM

As opposed to the other threads about simply fascinating topics here. This is just as interesting as the seemingly endless Markle drama.

by Anonymousreply 21July 3, 2021 3:27 PM

Someone should start a thread about Stevie Nicks losing her coke spoon. I have a feeling someone here knows where it might be.

by Anonymousreply 22July 3, 2021 8:38 PM

I bet they’re competitive with each other. Both so talented, and each wants to be the best

by Anonymousreply 23July 4, 2021 12:58 AM

Stevie later clarified that she was the one who attacked him first. Bitch likes throwing chairs at people. I suspect Stevie can give just as good.

by Anonymousreply 24July 11, 2021 4:37 AM

LMAO @ emotional abuse. What does that even mean anymore? My narcissistic Karen mother thinks anyone who criticizes her is abusing her,

by Anonymousreply 25July 11, 2021 4:38 AM

Is he still Dancin’ Cross The USA?

by Anonymousreply 26July 11, 2021 4:41 AM

I recently did a deep dive into Fleetwood Mac that ended with my reading through the Gold Dust Woman Bio and an even more interesting memoir from Joe Walsh's post Stevie Nicks' stripper girlfriend.

Don't care - came out of Gold Dust Woman liking Stevie but thinking she's got to be gay. She's obviously addicted to drama. Buckingham is a brilliant musician but he's not a rock star. He needs to deal with it. If he "made" Stevie Nicks while being a songwriter, lead singer and leagues better musician than she is, he should have left her in the dust with his own stuff but she eclipsed him in Fleetwood Mac and on her own. She has the voice, the lyrics and the theme (the mystical stuff). That's stardom. She is a self-made woman. Every self-made star is strategic.

So in the Gold Dust Woman bio Stevie's affiliations with women become more and more prominent without them ever being labeled but it gets to a point when I'm like - ok, something's going on here.

I got to the part where she's "Joe Walsh was my IT, my forever love, my true love, the ONE."

So I look up Joe Walsh (and later learn on here that he's not "Eagles rich", was salaried a lot of the time and doesn't have an impressive song catalogue. What I find is an account from his post-Stevie stripper girlfriend, which made me wonder about Stevie. Will not even delve into the facial ugliness.

Stripper girlfriend is hot, loves drugs, and has a high sex drive. Pre-Walsh she's had threesomes, group sex. Some threesomes are two guys and her, some are another girl and a guy. She's down.

She and Joe Walsh seem to connect as personalities and as drug addicts but after awhile the sex thing leaves her bored and unfulfilled. She does not find his kink erotic. He's into BDSM, except dull. Like, let me smash a melon between your butt cheeks. And now we're done. She and he have scenes, like one with a truck driver. But Walsh is not delivering. Actual sex - and let's not underrate actual sex - is not fulfilling. If BDSM can be boring, that's Walsh. She enjoys the entire scene of being his gfriend but sex wise is frustrated so they set up a deal where he gets to pick the men she fucks except of course she's goes off on her own and fucks who she wants without consulting him. And resumes stripping. She does not appear materialistic or fame hungry - maybe because he was a salaried member of the Eagles. One time he gives her a bunch of girl's clothes Stevie Nicks gave him. She's like "Why did she give you girl's clothes?" He's "We were high most of the time." One time Stevie comes over and ends up passed out on the piano bench and then her driver takes her home. The stripped girlfriend finds her "Impossibly ditzy."

So I'm reading this and thinking - something's wrong. Stevie Nicks' great love was a guy who could not hammer it home. He liked to smash melons in someone's ass and then pass out. He showed up for boring threesomes. There's a tell here somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 27August 4, 2021 3:16 AM

I love Stevie, but her great love herself. When she says that b.s. about Walsh, it's an obvious dig at Buckingham, who I think could care less.

I always assumed Stevie had affairs with Lori and Sharon and Sandy and Marily Martin, but she's a rock queen so she's gotta present that she is straight.

by Anonymousreply 28August 4, 2021 1:14 PM

R27 that's an awful book and it's not an authorized bio. I'd take the ramblings of a stripper with a grain of salt too.

Also Christine was the best singer/writer/musician in Fleetwood Mac. She was just incredibly ugly and had the personality of a Dickens character.

by Anonymousreply 29August 4, 2021 1:42 PM

R28 One of the Wilson sisters described Stevie's house as being wall to wall photos of herself. There's no way any man or woman was ever coming between Stevie and herself. Stevie is Stevie's great love.

by Anonymousreply 30August 4, 2021 1:45 PM

[quote]He's into BDSM, except dull. Like, let me smash a melon between your butt cheeks. And now we're done.

I'm sorry to Joe Walsh but this is absolutely hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 31August 4, 2021 1:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!