Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Republicans want to ban our Pride flag!!!!!

‘Space Lasers’ Marjorie is at it again…no, it’s not about carrying a loaded firearm into the chambers of Congress. Or growling at liberal Democrats, or Q delusions…..she thinks the Pride flag is a hate symbol and wants it banned. Maybe we should adopt the ‘Don’t Tread On Me’ on a rainbow background and really give them something to talk about.

Your opinion on Marge?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 8, 2021 6:21 PM

Cu@t. But that's a given.

by Anonymousreply 1June 8, 2021 2:14 PM

WHICH Pride Flag? There are a confusing array.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 8, 2021 2:17 PM

I like the idea of a Don’t Tread on Me rainbow flag…..like saying …we’re queer, we’re here, and we’re not gonna take your shit anymore

by Anonymousreply 3June 8, 2021 2:18 PM

Taking a more aggressive stance…these people just don’t realize how vindictive we can be once we are backed into a corner.

by Anonymousreply 4June 8, 2021 2:20 PM

The article doesn’t say what the thread title says. It says, “The proposed law would only allow the United States and military flags to be flown at embassies and diplomatic facilities.” The article indicates it’s all non-official flags that are barred and only embassies and diplomatic facilities are affected.

by Anonymousreply 5June 8, 2021 2:21 PM

Marge is just pandering shamelessly to the tRump base for massive donations. It’s hard to believe she was school teacher

by Anonymousreply 6June 8, 2021 2:21 PM

Which flag does she want banned? The Pride flag or the Horrible flag?

by Anonymousreply 7June 8, 2021 2:22 PM

R5 ruins a perfectly good demonization thread with accuracy.

by Anonymousreply 8June 8, 2021 2:23 PM

What’s wrong with flying a Pride flag over an embassy? Is that something bad?

by Anonymousreply 9June 8, 2021 2:26 PM

Why can't they ban this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 8, 2021 2:27 PM

Besides that what gives them the right …Republicans are the party of ‘NO, YOU CAN’T DO THAT ‘

by Anonymousreply 11June 8, 2021 2:28 PM

[R5] / [R8] when she talks about "Hate America" what flag do you think shes referring to??

by Anonymousreply 12June 8, 2021 2:30 PM

Jesus on a fuckin pony….the Stars and Stripes has been hijacked by tRump insurrectionists

by Anonymousreply 13June 8, 2021 2:31 PM

Those guys who have those big ass flag poles attached to their trucks with the confederate flag waving…like look at me ..I’m a fucking racist…I hate you

by Anonymousreply 14June 8, 2021 2:34 PM

I don’t get it ..haven’t Republicans got anything else to do except find ways to discriminate ?

by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2021 2:37 PM

Its only banning pride flags over American Embassies, which makes perfect sense. Nothing but the American Flag and the host country flag should be flying over an Embassy.

At least get the story right, OP Troll.

by Anonymousreply 16June 8, 2021 2:50 PM

Why is flying a Pride flag over an embassy a bad thing?

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2021 3:39 PM

It doesn’t make sense to me…..

by Anonymousreply 18June 8, 2021 3:40 PM

R16: What does Marge Green's pussy taste like? Does it taste like Georgia grits?

by Anonymousreply 19June 8, 2021 3:42 PM

[quote] Why is flying a Pride flag over an embassy a bad thing?

The motivation of the Congresspeople is a very bad thing, but it’s a good thing not to have embassy staff fly whatever kind of banner they feel like putting up. The same law would prevent a Southern ambassador from hoisting the Confederate battle flag.

by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2021 3:53 PM

[quote]The article doesn’t say what the thread title says. It says, “The proposed law would only allow the United States and military flags to be flown at embassies and diplomatic facilities.” The article indicates it’s all non-official flags that are barred and only embassies and diplomatic facilities are affected.

[quote]R5 ruins a perfectly good demonization thread with accuracy.

With all due respect, subtext is everything.

This reminds me of when the Camp Meeting Association of Ocean Grove, NJ banned ALL weddings and civil unions from being performed at the town's Boardwalk Pavilion - where wedding ceremonies had been performed for years. Why the banning of all such ceremonies? In 2007, a lesbian couple wanted to have their civil union ceremony performed there. It's the classic cut-off-your-nose-to-spite-your-face.

This attempted flag ban is the same thing as what happened in Ocean Grove: they're targeting everyone in order to not have gay visibility.

And R5 & R8 - Apparently you missed the sentence in the article which stated, "The bill currently has 20 co-sponsors, most among the most strident opponents of LGBTQ rights and racial equity."

What a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2021 3:53 PM

r21, the title was typical DL clickbait, so don’t pretend otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 22June 8, 2021 4:01 PM

People, calm down. It’s about flying the flag at embassies and diplomatic agencies. Flying the LGBT etc flag is pandering, I’m glad someone’s pushing this.

by Anonymousreply 23June 8, 2021 4:02 PM

R23:

BTejada THREADS

Poster has started 0 threads which have received 0 replies, has received 159 WW votes and has posted 81 replies to threads.

Die in a grease fire, troll boy.

by Anonymousreply 24June 8, 2021 4:06 PM

There should be NO restrictions on the Pride flag. It symbolizes freedom from the oppression of the conservative ‘my way ,or the highway’ crowd

by Anonymousreply 25June 8, 2021 4:08 PM

and they hate it like every other minority group in this country

by Anonymousreply 26June 8, 2021 4:09 PM

[quote]I like the idea of a Don’t Tread on Me rainbow flag…..like saying …we’re queer, we’re here, and we’re not gonna take your shit anymore

Damn, that’s a good idea. Co-Op those asswipes by driving around in their RAM trucks.

by Anonymousreply 27June 8, 2021 4:12 PM

R22 - so you're saying there [italic]isn't[/italic] an "Old Glory Act" bill co-sponsored by 20 Republican house members?

by Anonymousreply 28June 8, 2021 5:24 PM

(R27]

That ‘Don’t Tread on Me’ rainbow flag idea would take off….it’s a perfect message to the haters.

by Anonymousreply 29June 8, 2021 5:31 PM

It could be a money maker……especially if it was flying at Pride

by Anonymousreply 30June 8, 2021 5:32 PM

But instead of a snake, a huge penis please.

by Anonymousreply 31June 8, 2021 5:34 PM

That’s stupid

by Anonymousreply 32June 8, 2021 6:16 PM

I like the coiled snake…….al coiled and ready to strike at its enemies….that’s the message we need to send

by Anonymousreply 33June 8, 2021 6:18 PM

Queens can be mean …just piss one off

by Anonymousreply 34June 8, 2021 6:19 PM

They don’t cry….they get fuckin even with a vengeance

by Anonymousreply 35June 8, 2021 6:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!