Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chaz Dean - L.A. hairdresser and fierce-faced diva of QVC hair products, what do we know about her?

I'm bewitched by this person. The face. That........that....face. The raw, unapologetic glamour! She doesn't peddle prissy bottles of her 'Wen' hair shampoo on the shopping networks. No ma'am! She sells them by the two-gallon plastic jug fulls, and with the same peel-and-stick labels they had over ten years ago, and they come with an industrial-sized pump! Chaz wants to make sure every jug has its pump. Anybody ever met the high priestess of hairstyle. Who's had er?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 7, 2021 7:50 AM

[quote]Anybody ever met the high priestess of hairstyle.

Gurrrrl...

by Anonymousreply 1June 6, 2021 8:16 PM

Is her salon in a residential neighborhood, like he does hair from his house?

by Anonymousreply 2June 6, 2021 8:17 PM

Yassss hunty R1, yass! I know. But can you blame my grammar and exuberance after seeing Chaz while channel surfing?!? He deserves to be the patron saint of DL camp.

by Anonymousreply 3June 6, 2021 8:18 PM

R2, I dunno. Look it up and report back with Street View photos. I bet it's a big chintzy mess, wherever it is..

by Anonymousreply 4June 6, 2021 8:19 PM

I remember Jeff Lewis doing the overhaul of the salon on his show.

by Anonymousreply 5June 6, 2021 8:22 PM

Her Wen shampoo made all of my hair fall out and never even once cleaned my fucking scalp.

by Anonymousreply 6June 6, 2021 8:24 PM

R6 Yes! I was just about to post this. I know he got hit with a ton of accusations some years ago that his shit caused severe hair loss. I don't know if it went as far as a class action suit, but something serious enough happened that he had to change the formula.

I recall rumors that Jenni from Flipping Out, who had very cute hair, had a lot of trouble with hers (or lack of) after using Chaz Dean's products.

by Anonymousreply 7June 6, 2021 8:25 PM

I bet she's totally a part of the DL. How many times has he gone to bed with David Venable?

by Anonymousreply 8June 6, 2021 8:27 PM

Apparently Chaz is the godfather of Jeff Lewis's daughter? Are they really that close?

by Anonymousreply 9June 6, 2021 8:28 PM

Fucked up fillers. Can barely open her one eye.

by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2021 8:28 PM

He ugly and freakish looking. Therefore we hate him. Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 11June 6, 2021 8:30 PM

I used to think he looked like Vincent from that old CBS TV show Beauty & The Beast in the face.

by Anonymousreply 12June 6, 2021 8:33 PM

No, OP; it wasn't anything you wrote. I was just buying time until I could reacquaint myself with the details. Spirit was a homeless person who lived outside his salon.

My memory of this may be flawed, but I believe he somehow twisted that into a white savior's tale of being such a saint that he didn't kick Spirit off the property. He was rewarded a thousand times over for his selflessness when Spirit brought good luck to his salon and later became his guardian angel. And then monetized the whole thing by naming products after him/her/xyr.

I'm not sure if anyone ever asked why he didn't actually [italic]do[/italic] anything for Spirit, who lived and died right outside his front door.

by Anonymousreply 13June 6, 2021 8:35 PM

You have it right r13

by Anonymousreply 14June 6, 2021 8:45 PM

Here we go. Ten minutes of nuttery and...

"We had a dumpster here, and she would have all her things out here, and she slept out here and we just never changed that."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 6, 2021 8:47 PM

His billboards creep me out!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 6, 2021 8:53 PM

Chaz Dean is Taylor Dayne out of drag.

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2021 9:05 PM

Vincent from Beauty and the Beast circa 1987.

by Anonymousreply 18June 6, 2021 9:07 PM

I always get him mixed up with Nick "I fell on my booty" Chavez.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2021 9:16 PM

She's quite MASC, isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2021 9:44 PM

I'm getting him confused with Jose Eber.

by Anonymousreply 21June 6, 2021 10:24 PM

Chaz, we don’t care, dear.

by Anonymousreply 22June 6, 2021 10:27 PM

I did it better and first!

by Anonymousreply 23June 6, 2021 10:30 PM

Chaz Dean Bono? I didn’t know that was his middle name

by Anonymousreply 24June 6, 2021 10:33 PM

He needs Jeff Lewis had a falling out. Not sure if Jeff has explained why. Whenever I’ve heard him mention Chaz he’s made oblique references to them not seeing eye to eye anymore.

by Anonymousreply 25June 6, 2021 10:40 PM

Is there anyone in Jeff's life with whom he hasn't eventually fallen out?

by Anonymousreply 26June 6, 2021 10:44 PM

Who hasn't Jeff had a falling out with? The dude is a toxic waste of space.

by Anonymousreply 27June 6, 2021 11:41 PM

I keep confusing him with Chas & Dave and Jan & Dean -- all four of them.

by Anonymousreply 28June 6, 2021 11:47 PM

He is creepy looking!

by Anonymousreply 29June 7, 2021 7:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!