Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sussex Birth: It's Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor

Harry and Meghan have announced that birth of their second child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 604June 8, 2021 12:10 AM

Suck ups. But glad the baby is healthy.

by Anonymousreply 1June 6, 2021 4:10 PM

Horrible name. Just like the mother.

by Anonymousreply 2June 6, 2021 4:12 PM

Sucking up big time to granny

by Anonymousreply 3June 6, 2021 4:12 PM

They should have called her Lily.

Lilibet will forever be the Queen's childhood nickname.

by Anonymousreply 4June 6, 2021 4:13 PM

OMG, I am LMAO. Seriously??

by Anonymousreply 5June 6, 2021 4:13 PM

The Daily Mail forum will be going insane. Fantastic entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 6June 6, 2021 4:15 PM

They really couldn’t just go with Elizabeth?

by Anonymousreply 7June 6, 2021 4:15 PM

I am no Harry and Meghan fan but I do think they have chosen the perfect name for their daughter and I won't criticise them for it.

Congratulations to the new parents on their happy news.

by Anonymousreply 8June 6, 2021 4:15 PM

First Archie (George's name) and now Lilibet (the Queen's)? What the hell is wrong with these cunts?

by Anonymousreply 9June 6, 2021 4:16 PM

I'm calling it for what it is : ROYAL APPROPRIATION!

by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2021 4:17 PM

I am generally not interested in the intense interest these folks elicit on this website.

But goodness, that name. Didn't really have a positive or negative take on Meghan but I have to hand it to her, she played THAT one flawlessly.

by Anonymousreply 11June 6, 2021 4:17 PM

Did lilibet come from someone not being able to pronounce Elizabeth correctly? It is a nickname and shouldn’t be anyone’s legal first name.

Lili is okay, but Lily is better.

Thumbs down from me

by Anonymousreply 12June 6, 2021 4:17 PM

[quote] It is a nickname and shouldn’t be anyone’s legal first name.

Neither should Archie.

by Anonymousreply 13June 6, 2021 4:19 PM

[quote]They really couldn’t just go with Elizabeth?

Then they could have called her Betty to go with Archie! But yes, you don't use a nickname for a given name.

It's pathetically sick-making, and I guarantee Meghan learned about "Lilibet" being the queen's nickname from The Crown, just like all of her mentally challenged fans did.

by Anonymousreply 14June 6, 2021 4:20 PM

Maybe I'm a bit of a softie at heart but I just don't feel there is anything to criticise with this choice of name for their daughter. I definitely will be back to criticising them legitimately soon I'm sure! But can't see anything to be negative about here.

by Anonymousreply 15June 6, 2021 4:21 PM

Lilibet was a very special nickname for the Queen when she was child because that's the way she pronounced. Philip was the last one to call her by that name. Lily or Lilibeth would have been better choices.

by Anonymousreply 16June 6, 2021 4:21 PM

Lily is a very common flower name. Maybe she should have gone with Jasmine...lots of whores are named Jasmine...she would be just like the mother.

Violet would be nice or Daisy...

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2021 4:22 PM

Or Hyancith

by Anonymousreply 18June 6, 2021 4:22 PM

Do we know how they came up with Archie? Is that another appropriation?

by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2021 4:22 PM

For a two people who think the monarchy is racist and the queen was a terrible mother to Charles...they do spend a good deal of time trying to get into her good graces.

by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2021 4:22 PM

^ pronounced IT

by Anonymousreply 21June 6, 2021 4:22 PM

I see.

by Anonymousreply 22June 6, 2021 4:23 PM

R15, there was no way these cunts were going to approve of any name. This has nothing to do with a name and everything to do with hate for one person.

by Anonymousreply 23June 6, 2021 4:23 PM

Lili is cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 6, 2021 4:24 PM

R19 - Yeah, when someone asked Prince George his name, he replied: My name is ARCHIE!

by Anonymousreply 25June 6, 2021 4:24 PM

Princess Margaret couldn't pronounce Elizabeth as a child and called her sister Lilibet instead. So the rest of the family ended up calling her Lilibet too. Kind of sweet.

by Anonymousreply 26June 6, 2021 4:24 PM

So it turned out to be Lil' Diana after all.

This beats all records for running, standing, and jumping GALL!

by Anonymousreply 27June 6, 2021 4:25 PM

For people who wanted to withdraw from the monarchy, they sure are sucking up to both the family (the Firm) and the public with that name. Why didn't they just name her HRH Queen Elizabeth III while they were at it, lol?

by Anonymousreply 28June 6, 2021 4:26 PM

It took more than one man to change my name to Shanghai Lily.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 6, 2021 4:27 PM

This is shameless. Lilibet was a childhood name of the Queen, something personal. Maybe the Queen didn’t want to share that with anyone else.

I wonder if Meghan will pull a Mia Farrow and change the kids names when she divorces Harry.

by Anonymousreply 30June 6, 2021 4:27 PM

There were rumors over the last couple of days of Lily or Diana being the name. I guess the rumors were correct.

by Anonymousreply 31June 6, 2021 4:27 PM

This just seems opportunistic as per usual with them. They bang on about Royal life, try destroy it and at the same time suck up and capitalize on it. It just seems disingenuous to name your kid your grandmother’s nickname (might have a uniqueness for her) after you’ve caused her so much aggravation.

by Anonymousreply 32June 6, 2021 4:29 PM

[quote] Lilibet will forever be the Queen's childhood nickname.

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 33June 6, 2021 4:29 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 6, 2021 4:30 PM

The meltdown over this name is over the top. Y'all need Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 35June 6, 2021 4:31 PM

R36 - their hypocrisy is OVER the Top. You need to wake up and see them for what they are.

by Anonymousreply 36June 6, 2021 4:33 PM

^ that comment was for R35.

by Anonymousreply 37June 6, 2021 4:33 PM

"We'all" don't need Jesus, Lilibet is ridiculous under the circumstances. Lili is okay.

by Anonymousreply 38June 6, 2021 4:36 PM

So Meghan lied again when she said she was expecting in summer. Summer begins on June 21.

by Anonymousreply 39June 6, 2021 4:36 PM

Where was Meghan when *this* one was born? Shopping? Ringing their dear friend Orlando to see if he could give her a lift?

by Anonymousreply 40June 6, 2021 4:36 PM

From a publicity standpoint, the name is genius. All the royal nuts are going to pay attention, whether they like it or not. And it’s going to generate SO MUCH discussion (eg this thread). Not bad at all.

by Anonymousreply 41June 6, 2021 4:38 PM

Saw this on Instagram and it's so true.

"if they hadn't burned the bridge in the first place, an olive branch would not be necessary"

by Anonymousreply 42June 6, 2021 4:38 PM

But why would they name her after a racist like that? Won't that cause H and Mega flashbacks? Aren't they setting her up to be a #RacistBaby?

by Anonymousreply 43June 6, 2021 4:39 PM

Lilibet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 6, 2021 4:40 PM

So when will we be getting a b&w photo of Lil' Di's feet or hands? When someone else in the BRF have a big day planned??? Trooping The Colour?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 6, 2021 4:42 PM

Diamond Lil soon enough!

by Anonymousreply 46June 6, 2021 4:42 PM

[quote]Maybe I'm a bit of a softie at heart but I just don't feel there is anything to criticise with this choice of name for their daughter. I definitely will be back to criticising them legitimately soon I'm sure! But can't see anything to be negative about here.

SurvivingAngel, I'd only say this, as am indifferent to the birth of the child, other than it is good news that it is here and healthy. But the first name hard to reconcile. Their feelings about the family and the institution are well known. So the choice seems not sentimental but transparent and for that I criticise because it's just one more stunt, shameless yet clueless, in equal measure.

by Anonymousreply 47June 6, 2021 4:43 PM

The baby was born on Friday. Why did they wait so long to announce it? Did they wanted Meghan and the baby at home? Everything they do raises more questions.

by Anonymousreply 48June 6, 2021 4:45 PM

^ want

by Anonymousreply 49June 6, 2021 4:45 PM

R48 Usually it takes 48 hours before a child carried by surrogate is ready to be legally handed over to their 'actual' parents.

by Anonymousreply 50June 6, 2021 4:46 PM

Nothing on the official British monarchy web site or the official or Wales and Cambridge twitter feed.

by Anonymousreply 51June 6, 2021 4:46 PM

Agreed, r13

by Anonymousreply 52June 6, 2021 4:47 PM

But did she save the placenta for avocado toast? Or maybe to plant under a sapling tree out back by the barbecue?

by Anonymousreply 53June 6, 2021 4:48 PM

I see H&M are still using their titles and their crown like their lives depended on them. Oh wait, that's all they've got.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 6, 2021 4:49 PM

"We want NOTHING to do with that racist, abusive family that we cannot stop talking about or demanding money from! Please respect our privacy at this and all times. See attached photos, t-shirts and book blurb for upcoming products and events!" -- The Mountbatton Windsors

by Anonymousreply 55June 6, 2021 4:49 PM

R51 The Palace did announce the birth via Press Release at the same time as H&M released their release. This is like why it was embargoed.

by Anonymousreply 56June 6, 2021 4:49 PM

Well, this should not surprise anyone.

by Anonymousreply 57June 6, 2021 4:49 PM

Get ready for the Lilibet name to be trademarked to the hilt!

by Anonymousreply 58June 6, 2021 4:51 PM

That whirring sound you hear is the collective spinning of Philip, Margaret and the Queen Mother.

by Anonymousreply 59June 6, 2021 4:52 PM

Lovely. These two can do no wrong.

by Anonymousreply 60June 6, 2021 4:52 PM

Did Meghan shoot this one out her fanny or did she have the c-sect?

by Anonymousreply 61June 6, 2021 4:52 PM

R61 Neither.........

by Anonymousreply 62June 6, 2021 4:53 PM

I feel badly for the Queen. She's had her special childhood name stolen by these grifters. Her name will be monetized to infinity by her grifting parents.

by Anonymousreply 63June 6, 2021 4:53 PM

[quote]But the first name hard to reconcile. Their feelings about the family and the institution are well known. So the choice seems not sentimental but transparent and for that I criticise because it's just one more stunt, shameless yet clueless, in equal measure.

By all accounts, they don't have an issue with Elizabeth. And most people in situations like that can separate Elizabeth the monarch from Elizabeth the grandmother. No matter what they named this child, they were going to be blasted for it, so I guess it doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 64June 6, 2021 4:54 PM

What color is Lil Lili?

by Anonymousreply 65June 6, 2021 4:55 PM

Fucking bitch of an ungrateful daughter.

by Anonymousreply 66June 6, 2021 4:55 PM

Not sure if this is an olive branch. Seems more like a manipulation of the public and capitalization. Like after tearing to shreds the institution that the grandmother dedicated her life to, they’re saying see we want to be part of the family and we’re just shut out and mistreated. Giving her a royally associated name also makes the kid more regal and connected to the royals, even if she’s not physically a part of that scene. They want to have their cake and eat it too. Just like with the titles.

by Anonymousreply 67June 6, 2021 4:56 PM

R64 - then why couldn't they name her Lili/Lily/Lilibeth to honor the Queen? Her childhood name is special to her and her late family (father, mother, sister, husband).

by Anonymousreply 68June 6, 2021 4:56 PM

There is already a thread up on this. Could you have bloody checked first? Do we now need five threads on the Sussex baby abs her silly name?!

by Anonymousreply 69June 6, 2021 4:57 PM

I note that Professional Anti-Racists Megs and Haz named their kid after two white women and not the live-in black nanny Doria.

by Anonymousreply 70June 6, 2021 4:57 PM

I hope the Queen gave her blessing to use her name. Can you imagine if they announced it BEFORE she knew?

by Anonymousreply 71June 6, 2021 4:57 PM

You see R68. Both have said that they speak to the Queen regularly. I get the feeling that this was probably mentioned beforehand and they were the her blessing. Just a hunch.

by Anonymousreply 72June 6, 2021 4:58 PM

First royal born as an American citizen!

by Anonymousreply 73June 6, 2021 4:58 PM

R69 - can you fucking check. These thread was first hence the most replies.

by Anonymousreply 74June 6, 2021 4:58 PM

funny how in their press release they called Diana THE Princess of Wales. Haz dear, she lost that designation in 96.

by Anonymousreply 75June 6, 2021 4:59 PM

R72 yeah - I'm sure the Queen was delighted with Dim throwing her under the bus to curry favor with his Queen Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 76June 6, 2021 5:00 PM

I see, Charlotte Elizabeth Diana is ok, but Lilibet Diana is not. You fucking hypocrite Klan Grannies

by Anonymousreply 77June 6, 2021 5:00 PM

R69 go fart on yourself luvvie x

by Anonymousreply 78June 6, 2021 5:00 PM

The hypocrites are Lilibet Diana’s parents, R77

And stop with the Klan Grannies nonsense. You come off as an ignorant twat.

by Anonymousreply 79June 6, 2021 5:02 PM

Lilibeth would’ve been better.

It’s honoring his grandmother, but not using her exact childhood nickname. Diana was going to be the middle name no matter what. That’s fine.

by Anonymousreply 80June 6, 2021 5:03 PM

[quote] Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor

Shit! Can't I have ANYTHING?!

Oh wait...I'm an actual princess!

by Anonymousreply 81June 6, 2021 5:03 PM

Why did they name her after a racist? They are so woke, they should have named her Rosa! Proves they aren't serious about the shit they spew...just all smoke and mirror. fake!

by Anonymousreply 82June 6, 2021 5:07 PM

Oprah Diana would have been my choice.

Just sayin’

by Anonymousreply 83June 6, 2021 5:07 PM

I really hate when a SIL steals an existing child's name. I didn't realize Charlotte was also Elizabeth Diana. I don't know why, but I just find it incredibly rude. Modern American fraus play out their petty jealousies with their children in disgusting ways.

by Anonymousreply 84June 6, 2021 5:08 PM

The meaning behind the name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85June 6, 2021 5:08 PM

Now they can merch the hell out of the Queen/ her memory after she dies, because they can say technically Lilibet is their daughter’s name.

by Anonymousreply 86June 6, 2021 5:08 PM

R86 - you can bet that's why they named her Lilibet. Ka-ching$$$

by Anonymousreply 87June 6, 2021 5:10 PM

Is Lilibet one of those Ebonics names? It sounds... uniqua

by Anonymousreply 88June 6, 2021 5:10 PM

Has the Queen commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 89June 6, 2021 5:10 PM

R88 - it was the Queen's special childhood name.

by Anonymousreply 90June 6, 2021 5:11 PM

Allegedly according to some Royal Reports on Twitter, the Queen's permission was sought.

by Anonymousreply 91June 6, 2021 5:12 PM

The birth of a daughter and the Sussexes are going to milk it for all it's worth.

by Anonymousreply 92June 6, 2021 5:12 PM

From their announcement:

[quote] She is more than we could have ever imagined

Of course she is. She's better merchable than poor Archie who will be forgotten from now on.

by Anonymousreply 93June 6, 2021 5:14 PM

Please donate to the Lilibet Windsor School for African Girls.

If Oprah can have a girl’s school then so can Meghan. And if Kathy Lee Gifford can merch off her children, then so can Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 94June 6, 2021 5:14 PM

I seriously thought that this headline was a joke by one of our local Sussex trolls, and it made me snicker. They really did it.

by Anonymousreply 95June 6, 2021 5:15 PM

She's named after the matriarch of a family she'll only be nominally connected to. Her parents have created such a gulf with them, it's not likely she'll enjoy any relationship with her grandfather, uncle and aunt, and her cousins. Sad, actually.

by Anonymousreply 96June 6, 2021 5:15 PM

Meghan has set herself up for life with little lily white Lilibet. She can now begin divorce proceedings.

by Anonymousreply 97June 6, 2021 5:16 PM

They will definitely capitalize financially. They will trademark that name lightening quick, they probably already have. I also didn’t realize Charlotte’s middle name was Elizabeth. They always seem to try and one up William and Kate in any way they can. They also do little word plays on the kids names like Harrison = Harry’s son and Lil Diana.

by Anonymousreply 98June 6, 2021 5:16 PM

[quote] Has the Queen commented yet?

Her PR team is trying to rewrite her actual comment: “Fuck off, tossers”.

by Anonymousreply 99June 6, 2021 5:17 PM

The Sussexes named their daughter after the Queen - a bad mother, a racist and a cold hearted woman.

by Anonymousreply 100June 6, 2021 5:17 PM

The name = an attempt to use the popularity of the Queen and Diana to bolster their falling numbers.

by Anonymousreply 101June 6, 2021 5:17 PM

R97 I didn’t think of that connotation to the name. Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 102June 6, 2021 5:18 PM

I think Lilibet is too cutesy for a grown woman's name. It was just meant for the Queen's childish nickname and a term of endearment by those closest to her.

by Anonymousreply 103June 6, 2021 5:20 PM

So she's named after 2 women she'll never meet. How nice

by Anonymousreply 104June 6, 2021 5:20 PM

If Harry was really glad to be rid of the Royal family and loving life in CA, he should he give his kids a brand new start as well and do away with all these fucking names!

Just have a first name and middle name and surname. Too many fucking names, imagine the kid having to fill out all the forms in future, what a nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 105June 6, 2021 5:20 PM

I guess I'm chopped liver

by Anonymousreply 106June 6, 2021 5:21 PM

"And stop with the Klan Grannies nonsense. You come off as an ignorant twat. "

You unfuckable Klan Granny

by Anonymousreply 107June 6, 2021 5:21 PM

[quote] Why didn't they just name her HRH Queen Elizabeth III while they were at it, lol?

Wait, you can do that?

by Anonymousreply 108June 6, 2021 5:21 PM

Lilibet Girl, trademarking and merchandising are in your future.

by Anonymousreply 109June 6, 2021 5:21 PM

WE WANT OUR PRIVACY!!!

That’s why we named her after her great grandmother the queen, and her grandmother who died a tragic death.

by Anonymousreply 110June 6, 2021 5:22 PM

Poor Doria, I knew Sarah Jane would snub her.

by Anonymousreply 111June 6, 2021 5:23 PM

If they'd gone for Diana Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor it might have been a slightly less a awful name to dump on a yet innocent child. They could even have said they only call her Lilibet at home in their next interview if they want to be cute. Future Archie and Lilibet running around California with 12,000 Tyler's Dylan's and Noah's. God help the poor brats.

by Anonymousreply 112June 6, 2021 5:23 PM

Note in the press release it was Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Is this the official palace release on behalf of Meghan and Harry or Meghan and Harry's release? I feel like Meghan would want a solo Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex mention.

Based on BG, the royal family is going with a freeze out option. Any confirmations of well wishes from members of the firm?

There are multiple threads. Can someone decide on an official thread to follow??? This might have the most comments so far.

by Anonymousreply 113June 6, 2021 5:23 PM

LOL @ R407... go cash your cheque.

by Anonymousreply 114June 6, 2021 5:23 PM

Charlotte's middle name is also Elizabeth Diana. I think it's Charlotte Elizabeth Diana to be exact.

by Anonymousreply 115June 6, 2021 5:24 PM

Someone posted on Instagram: "These two lowlifes fuck over the royal family including Harry’s grandmother then they pull this shit".

by Anonymousreply 116June 6, 2021 5:24 PM

I love the fact that Liliet.com is an online gambling website...LOLOL

by Anonymousreply 117June 6, 2021 5:25 PM

Date of Birth - June 4th 2021

Potential Conception Baby - September 4th 2020

Date of Meghan's alleged "miscarriage" - July 2020

by Anonymousreply 118June 6, 2021 5:25 PM

R113 - post on this thread as it's the first.

by Anonymousreply 119June 6, 2021 5:25 PM

R118 it's very possible, especially if she wasn't far along. I wouldn't be surprised if Meghan did that miscarriage essay after like 4 weeks

by Anonymousreply 120June 6, 2021 5:27 PM

This is truly funny. “We named you after your grandmother and the woman who had her killed.”

by Anonymousreply 121June 6, 2021 5:27 PM

R17 And there’s plenty of room for a pony.

by Anonymousreply 122June 6, 2021 5:27 PM

The release said the child was born at a hospital. Archie couldn't be left alone. Yet when Prince Philip died, there was no one to answer the phone or the door.

by Anonymousreply 123June 6, 2021 5:27 PM

So it’s pronounced Lily, right? Not Li-LEE? How Sex and the City of her.

by Anonymousreply 124June 6, 2021 5:28 PM

They will do anything to stay relevant.

by Anonymousreply 125June 6, 2021 5:29 PM

[quote]If they'd gone for Diana Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor it might have been a slightly less a awful name to dump on a yet innocent child.

No it wouldn't have. There was no name in creation that could have been given to that child that would have not gotten this reaction. There would have been something wrong with it. The people who hate them (well, mainly her) hate them (her) irrationally. There is nothing she can do now that will ever be right. Everything has a hidden motive. Everything is a grift. Everything is a slight.

by Anonymousreply 126June 6, 2021 5:29 PM

R107, you’re too stupid to go up against us so-called “Klan Grannies”

Come back when you are able to post with wit and/or insight.

by Anonymousreply 127June 6, 2021 5:31 PM

^ Hostility is all its got to offer. Imagine the life it lives to get obsessed about this cause.

by Anonymousreply 128June 6, 2021 5:31 PM

You couldn’t even make this shit up.

by Anonymousreply 129June 6, 2021 5:31 PM

Charlotte Elizabeth Diana and Lilibet Diana...were William and Harry really fucking forbidden from honoring their mother without first paying tribute to their grandmother? That's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 130June 6, 2021 5:33 PM

After more or less calling the Queen a terrible mother, they name their daughter after her? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 131June 6, 2021 5:33 PM

R77 You can spot them a mile off.

They hiss and snarl like cornered rats when you call them out.

by Anonymousreply 132June 6, 2021 5:33 PM

DLers talk a mean game, but are total softies at heart. This is like when Trump caught Covid and for a brief moment everyone started saying, "I hate him, but I want him to get better. He is the President after all".

@SurvivingAngel - I am disappointed. You have been leading the DL Meghan take down, only to buckle with Lilibet's birth. Of course we wish the best for the children, but you dropped your shade.

by Anonymousreply 133June 6, 2021 5:34 PM

The parents are now on maternity leave. Oh my sides!

by Anonymousreply 134June 6, 2021 5:35 PM

The Duke and Duche$$ of $u$$ex proudly announce the birth and name of their Ca$h Cow.

by Anonymousreply 135June 6, 2021 5:36 PM

R9, "Archie" was as close to an anagram of "Rachel" (Meghan's first name) as they could get, to go with "Harrison." Nothing to do with George.

by Anonymousreply 136June 6, 2021 5:36 PM

[quote] This is like when Trump caught Covid and for a brief moment everyone started saying, "I hate him, but I want him to get better. He is the President after all".

Who said that? Everything I heard and read were all people hoping he'd be dead soon.

by Anonymousreply 137June 6, 2021 5:37 PM

The amount of hatred that follow these two is absurd. It doesn't matter what name they chose, the scores of haters have been at the edge of their seat waiting for the announcement just so they could be outraged. It's silly.

I don't care for the name Lilibet, but Lily is okay. But who cares what I think? It's their kid, not mine.

And for those of you clutching your pearls that they dared to use HMQ's childhood nickname, do you suppose Harry ran the name by his granny ahead of time? Despite what has gone down, Harry and Lizzie are apparently still very close. Maybe get off his dick.

by Anonymousreply 138June 6, 2021 5:37 PM

I knew *nothing* about the Royal Family before I met Harry.

And we’re pronouncing it “Lily-Bay”.

by Anonymousreply 139June 6, 2021 5:38 PM

Criticism isn't hatred. You're projecting.

by Anonymousreply 140June 6, 2021 5:40 PM

[quote]The Daily Mail forum will be going insane.

Anybody obsessed with this nonsense already is, esp., the lunatics who have an inexplicable hate for a complete stranger who will live an incredible life while those who hate her have nothing to show for their miserable lives.

R138, they really are painfully pathetic and they'll accuse you of being a stan. They really are another version of deplorables in that it's a cult of hate.

by Anonymousreply 141June 6, 2021 5:40 PM

Dickwad at R138, it’s Lili.

by Anonymousreply 142June 6, 2021 5:40 PM

May Lilibet Diana be gorgeous, healthy, savvy, smart, and give her mother absolutely hell when she is a teenager. Someone is going to rebel against a taskmaster like Meghan and it's usually mother-daughters who clash.

by Anonymousreply 143June 6, 2021 5:41 PM

"It's my bloody name, bitches!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144June 6, 2021 5:41 PM

Why so invested, R141?

by Anonymousreply 145June 6, 2021 5:41 PM

"These two shits don't have an original bone in their bodies".

by Anonymousreply 146June 6, 2021 5:43 PM

[quote]Criticism isn't hatred. You're projecting.

Christ, STFU. Any normal person who reads even one of these idiotic threads that pop up on DL. can see you people are mentally ill.

R145, tell you what: Put me on ignore and see how many times I've even posted about any of this. What a stupid response. You're so psycho you think pointing out the obvious about you people even requires some "investment."

All you need to hear: You need fucking lives.

by Anonymousreply 147June 6, 2021 5:44 PM

Some names - and especially nicknames - should never ever be purloined by anyone else. They are unique and intrinsic to their first ‘owners’.

I’m thinking of names like Beyoncé, Tallulah, Whitney, Cher, Portia, Ophelia - even Oprah rates a mention.

by Anonymousreply 148June 6, 2021 5:44 PM

R130 William said ages ago, he thought the name first name Diana would be a terrible burden to a daughter of his. I agree. Charlotte and Lili (eyeroll) will be getting plenty of comparisons to Granny in the Sky without her name.

by Anonymousreply 149June 6, 2021 5:45 PM

R141, zzz ...

by Anonymousreply 150June 6, 2021 5:45 PM

"Delighted" they say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151June 6, 2021 5:45 PM

I don’t understand

If you say your father raised you poorly, your mother’s death is on the hands of your family and your family DID not support your wife and made racist remarks about your future children - how could you name your child after the matriarch of that family? Why would you want your child to be associated with that? Wouldn’t you want your child to have a “fresh start” , free from association with a toxic family and an identity of their own that they can define?

Or would you want a name that creates the maximum splash, reminds everyone of the family notoriety?

Think about how it would feel to grow up with these comments assuming the family relationship stays what it is “wow, what an usual name where did that come from” or “wow, the only time I’ve heard that name was..” or “you know your named after your great grandmother who…”

Also.. keep in mind that she will likely be unable to forge much of a memorable relationship with the Queen even if she had remained in the UK so an associations with her namesake will be what other people tell her. Which is just fine, that’s how it is for most people named after family members however most people’s family members also don’t have such publicly mixed /negative associations with each other. How much fun do you think it will be when she googles all the conspiracy theories that her first name is to blame for why her middle name is dead.

So glad they could give this little girl so much designer baggage on day one of her life! Generational trauma indeed.

by Anonymousreply 152June 6, 2021 5:46 PM

😴😴😴 ..... Will the real DataLounge please come home ?

by Anonymousreply 153June 6, 2021 5:46 PM

Parental leave....from WHAT?

by Anonymousreply 154June 6, 2021 5:47 PM

R152 - Why?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ etc.................

by Anonymousreply 155June 6, 2021 5:48 PM

Their careers as Professional Victims, R154.

by Anonymousreply 156June 6, 2021 5:48 PM

At least, in addition to HM, one's parents managed to honor BOTH one's grandmothers AND one's mother in naming one.

[quote] So she's named after 2 women she'll never meet. How nice.

One knows three of the four women one was named for quite well!

by Anonymousreply 157June 6, 2021 5:49 PM

I literally laughed out loud at the name! I honestly thought it was a joke until I checked BBC News.

by Anonymousreply 158June 6, 2021 5:49 PM

Archie is such a dumb name.

Actually, it’s okay for a pet.

by Anonymousreply 159June 6, 2021 5:50 PM

[Quote]Poor Doria, I knew Sarah Jane would snub her.

LOL. Well done, Sir.

by Anonymousreply 160June 6, 2021 5:50 PM

The Queen has a very soft spot for Harry. She has allegedly told friends that he's something of a "lost soul" and he reminds her of Margaret to a degree (though despite everything Margaret would never have stabbed the Queen in the back like Harry has. Margaret knew how the game worked and the perks of being royal). Even if the Queen's permission wasn't sought, she will not stir the pot. I believe she desperately wants the family to put this behind them both for the monarchy and for their private lives. I believe they continue to hold the door open a crack for Harry and the children but there will never be a full reconciliation until Meghan is out of the picture. According to The Sun, the Queen now refers to Meghan as "That Woman" a name previously reserved for Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 161June 6, 2021 5:50 PM

Archie and Lilibet. Are they humans or pets?

by Anonymousreply 162June 6, 2021 5:51 PM

R118 Meghan is 40ish. The fact she appears to have gotten pregnant so quickly after a miscarriage is nothing sort of a miracle. Harry must have some potent seed because typically you can't have or aren't interested in sex for weeks after a miscarriage and it's very difficult for a woman of Meghan's age to get pregnant quickly.

by Anonymousreply 163June 6, 2021 5:52 PM

Coincidentally, my book THE BENCH goes on-sale Tuesday.

You can show your support by purchasing a copy or twelve.

Pampers ain’t cheap.

by Anonymousreply 164June 6, 2021 5:53 PM

R107 so mad!

by Anonymousreply 165June 6, 2021 5:53 PM

Archie and Lili--- Vaudeville names.

by Anonymousreply 166June 6, 2021 5:54 PM

[quote] If they'd gone for Diana Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor it might have been a slightly less a awful name to dump on a yet innocent child.

When the queen dies, the daughter will automatically become a princess (as the grandchild of a monarch), so then she would be "Princess Diana."

Even if they don't use the "Princess" title then (as I assume they will not), it would be such an awful responsibility growing up being "Diana II" that I'm grateful they didn't name her that.

by Anonymousreply 167June 6, 2021 5:54 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168June 6, 2021 5:55 PM

A and Lilibet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169June 6, 2021 5:56 PM

Will the Queen ever meet the granddaughter so cringily named after her?

by Anonymousreply 170June 6, 2021 5:57 PM

Am I the only one disappointed they didn’t name the kid Diadoria? I was really looking forward to that.

by Anonymousreply 171June 6, 2021 5:57 PM

R113 I can't see an official palace press release referring to Diana as "The Princess of Wales"; technically that's Camilla's title. A palace release would've called her "Diana, Princess of Wales".

by Anonymousreply 172June 6, 2021 5:57 PM

^Great-granddaughter, even.

by Anonymousreply 173June 6, 2021 5:57 PM

Lily would have been a much more politic choice: It's reminiscent of the Queen but it's not an exact copy of her name or her nickname.

Anyway, the girl probably will go by Lili, though the spelling makes my eye twitch.

Lili Windsor sounds like SUCH a socialite influencer, doesn't she? I can see her tripping up the steps of the Met Ball in 20 years or so.

by Anonymousreply 174June 6, 2021 5:58 PM

Honestly, this kid should’ve been given a name unrelated to the monarchy. Something not on their approved name list. Lisa? Laura? Amy? Judy? I don’t know, but if Harry and Megan hate that institution so much, why name their kid after its Queen? I get she’s his grandmother and he loves her, but Lilibet is just too much.

by Anonymousreply 175June 6, 2021 5:58 PM

Yah, Megs, no, no. This time I've got a really good ideer. It's an analgram of my mum and your mum: Dioria.

by Anonymousreply 176June 6, 2021 5:58 PM

R167, Harry's daughter will not become a princess when the Queen dies. She'll become a princess when Charles becomes king.

by Anonymousreply 177June 6, 2021 5:59 PM

There is always a bump of positive publicity after the birth of a baby. If the Sussexes have any sense, they will go POSITIVE from now on and quit with the negative publicity spiral. Maybe they could even repair their relationship with the BRF in time for the Jubilee. (I'm not so foolish as to think they'll ever be considered balcony-worthy again, but they could thaw the deep freeze.)

by Anonymousreply 178June 6, 2021 5:59 PM

R172...here you go, straight from the botoxed horse's mouth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179June 6, 2021 6:00 PM

Just as well she's not using her courtesy title. Lady Lili sounds like a tampon.

by Anonymousreply 180June 6, 2021 6:00 PM

[quote] Harry's daughter will not become a princess when the Queen dies. She'll become a princess when Charles becomes king.

?

That happens simultaneously.

by Anonymousreply 181June 6, 2021 6:00 PM

R163 I wouldn't be surprised if she froze her eggs when she was in her prime and that both babies were through IVF.

by Anonymousreply 182June 6, 2021 6:00 PM

R106 You black. I don’t do black.

by Anonymousreply 183June 6, 2021 6:01 PM

Charles becomes king the second the Queen dies. He's the king even before his official coronation.

by Anonymousreply 184June 6, 2021 6:01 PM

[quote]Harry's daughter will not become a princess when the Queen dies. She'll become a princess when Charles becomes king.

Which is at the same moment.

by Anonymousreply 185June 6, 2021 6:01 PM

The baby's name says everything: It trades on the Sussex's most important connections and totally ignores Meghan's black heritage. Of course she's Lilibet Diana. Of COURSE.

by Anonymousreply 186June 6, 2021 6:02 PM

The overflow of emotion...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187June 6, 2021 6:03 PM

Deepest apologies r133 ! I will return to form promptly!

by Anonymousreply 188June 6, 2021 6:03 PM

R186 it also ignores Meghan's own mother.

by Anonymousreply 189June 6, 2021 6:03 PM

WHAT an insult to The Queen! This was in no way intended to flatter Her Majesty; its a full-on diss. The Harkles are profoundly vindictive and infantile.

by Anonymousreply 190June 6, 2021 6:04 PM

LOL speak for your fucking self R133. When 45 got COVID, I was cheering on the virus. I would've lit off fireworks if he died.

by Anonymousreply 191June 6, 2021 6:05 PM

R163, she is still in her 30s. A friend of mine who is 43 recently had her first baby with no IVF and with only one month of trying.

by Anonymousreply 192June 6, 2021 6:05 PM

R111 Took me a minute. Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 193June 6, 2021 6:05 PM

R18, we mustn’t forget Rose!

by Anonymousreply 194June 6, 2021 6:05 PM

They wouldn't go for Lily because other girls are named that. Lili is an unusual spelling AND it will always connect the little girl to the Queen. If you are thinking of branding and publicity, giving your child a name that will be instantly recognizable even without the surname is important: Naming her Lili is like naming her Suri or Shiloh. Meghan is thinking like an LA celebrity mom, not like a duchess. Which, of course, has always been the issue.

by Anonymousreply 195June 6, 2021 6:06 PM

[quote] I can't see an official palace press release referring to Diana as "The Princess of Wales"; technically that's Camilla's title.

Not really. Camilla goes by Duchess of Cornwall. They’ve retired the Princess of Wales title for the time being.

by Anonymousreply 196June 6, 2021 6:06 PM

In 15 years Lil'D will be in treatment.

by Anonymousreply 197June 6, 2021 6:06 PM

I knew the racist cunts would flood the Dataloubge today

by Anonymousreply 198June 6, 2021 6:07 PM

You all are assuming Meghan actually had a miscarriage, not just a late, heavy period.

by Anonymousreply 199June 6, 2021 6:07 PM

The only one bringing up such gross racist images is YOU, R198.

by Anonymousreply 200June 6, 2021 6:07 PM

[quote] This is like when Trump caught Covid and for a brief moment everyone started saying, "I hate him, but I want him to get better. He is the President after all".

That's... not how I remember it happening.

by Anonymousreply 201June 6, 2021 6:08 PM

If this two-bit D-list actress had a baby without any royal connections, the birth would have gone unnoticed, or would merit a tweet from the pathetic Perez Hilton at best.

by Anonymousreply 202June 6, 2021 6:08 PM

[quote] not just a late, heavy period

A heavy cold.

by Anonymousreply 203June 6, 2021 6:08 PM

[quote] [R167], Harry's daughter will not become a princess when the Queen dies. She'll become a princess when Charles becomes king.

Charles becomes king at the exact second his mother dies. The coronation is just a ceremony to publicly acknowledge it.

At that same exact second, Archie and Lilibet become prince and princess.

by Anonymousreply 204June 6, 2021 6:08 PM

Sorry I’m late R200.

How dark is she?

by Anonymousreply 205June 6, 2021 6:09 PM

R192 do you seriously not know that it becomes increasingly difficult to get pregnant after 35 and it's recommended that you freeze eggs while you're in your prime?

by Anonymousreply 206June 6, 2021 6:09 PM

[quote] Harry's daughter will not become a princess when the Queen dies. She'll become a princess when Charles becomes king.

Which is the moment that the queen dies. In the UK, the monarch is never dead, hence the announcement "The queen is dead...long live the king." Also why the royal standard is never lowered to half-staff.

by Anonymousreply 207June 6, 2021 6:09 PM

That's not how I remember the Trump COVID thing either. People were indifferent at BEST.

by Anonymousreply 208June 6, 2021 6:09 PM

R200 She hasn't much to work with. Hard to spin them naming their daughter after the head of a “racist” family.

by Anonymousreply 209June 6, 2021 6:09 PM

[quote] Not really. Camilla goes by Duchess of Cornwall. They’ve retired the Princess of Wales title for the time being.

It doesn't matter what that whore goes by. The Princess of Wales is still technically one of her titles. She doesn't use it out of respect for the woman whose husband she was cheating with, because, obviously, she's the epitome of respect.

by Anonymousreply 210June 6, 2021 6:10 PM

I really hope they got HMQ’s permission to use Lilibet.

But, it’s extremely tacky to steal a nickname like that. Even if they were on great terms with the family, which of course they aren’t.

And don’t get me started on the “nickname as legal name” business. So trashy.

And what happened to the rule that names ending in -y or -I are for strippers and skanks?

And “Lili”? That’s a hooker’s name.

by Anonymousreply 211June 6, 2021 6:11 PM

They should have just named the baby Princess Diana Mountbatten-Windsor and been done with it. Then they could have called her 'Prinny.'

by Anonymousreply 212June 6, 2021 6:12 PM

Even half of the commenters at Celebitchy are very cautiously like 'ummmm? huh.'

by Anonymousreply 213June 6, 2021 6:12 PM

Oh, Christ! Omid spelled the kid’s name wrong. He used two Ls. Been nice knowing you Omid!

by Anonymousreply 214June 6, 2021 6:12 PM

The Sussexes have gotten to the point where they can't do anything right. Even if they WERE trying to do something respectful of the Queen, it's going to backfire. That's how much they've sunk in the general public's opinion since the Oprah interview and the AppleTV thing. Their best bet would be to go away for a while, but you know that's not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 215June 6, 2021 6:13 PM

[quote] At that same exact second, Archie and Lilibet become prince and princess.

But for how long? I get the feeling Charles is a salty bitch.

by Anonymousreply 216June 6, 2021 6:13 PM

Shame they didn't honour Doria. Meghan is Doria's only child, so this may well be her only granddaughter. Diana already has one granddaughter named after her (Charlotte Elizabeth Diana).

by Anonymousreply 217June 6, 2021 6:15 PM

[quote]Oh, Christ! Omid spelled the kid’s name wrong. He used two Ls. Been nice knowing you Omid!

I suspect his masters value obedience over literacy. Pot, kettle, notwithstanding.

by Anonymousreply 218June 6, 2021 6:15 PM

R217, the name Doria isn't merchable. Simples.

by Anonymousreply 219June 6, 2021 6:16 PM

If Charles and Lili are ever in the same room, I'll die of shock. But he has William's children and Camilla's grands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220June 6, 2021 6:17 PM

Naming the baby Doria wouldn’t keep the gravy train rolling, R217

by Anonymousreply 221June 6, 2021 6:17 PM

R167 I believe the reason that Archie's title was brought up in the Oprah interview was because H&M desperately want their children to have HRH.

by Anonymousreply 222June 6, 2021 6:17 PM

"What about ME you fucking ratchet-ass bitch? I ain't good enough? You couldn't put MY motherfuckin' name in there somewhere? Shit."

by Anonymousreply 223June 6, 2021 6:17 PM

I’m disappointed they didn’t name her after the recently departed Lil Loaded.

by Anonymousreply 224June 6, 2021 6:18 PM

That’s GENETIC trauma, r152.

by Anonymousreply 225June 6, 2021 6:18 PM

This is so hysterically funny. All you cunts are crying

I LOVE it. H ha ha hahahahahahahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 226June 6, 2021 6:19 PM

Given that Meghan allegedly referred to Doria as the "help" to friends while she was in college, should we be surprised she didn't name the baby after her.

by Anonymousreply 227June 6, 2021 6:19 PM

R206, uh, yes, I am well aware fertility declines as women age. What I’m saying is that it’s not impossible for her to have gotten pregnant the old fashioned way. I don’t know if Meghan had a miscarriage or not or if she had IVF, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility that she got pregnant naturally. We hear about women who can’t get pregnant later in life without assistance, but there are also plenty of women who do.

by Anonymousreply 228June 6, 2021 6:19 PM

So far their are crickets on both the Queen (@theryoalfamily) and the Cambridge's IG pages. I wonder if this will change or if the palace's PR will be that the family wishes them will and did so privately. The Cambridges did wish Archie a happy second birthday.

With Lilibet being American, Meghan is going to miss out on the official royal Christening portrait!

by Anonymousreply 229June 6, 2021 6:20 PM

Well, it could have been worse. Could have been Hazel.

by Anonymousreply 230June 6, 2021 6:20 PM

[quote] their

by Anonymousreply 231June 6, 2021 6:20 PM

There is an old quote of William's circulating on Twitter. When Charlotte was born he was asked why he didn't name her Diana and he said that he want his children to have their own names rather than them living in the shadows of a namesake.

by Anonymousreply 232June 6, 2021 6:20 PM

Thread makes it clear any decision they make will be declared wrong and used as a brick to beat the half-black American

by Anonymousreply 233June 6, 2021 6:21 PM

R229 Which leads me to believe they're all gobsmacked that they named the Queen's personal nickname.

by Anonymousreply 234June 6, 2021 6:22 PM

[quote]Given that Meghan allegedly referred to Doria as the "help" to friends while she was in college, should we be surprised she didn't name the baby after her.

Just like "Imitation Of Life!"

by Anonymousreply 235June 6, 2021 6:22 PM

Damn! I had my money on Harriet!

by Anonymousreply 236June 6, 2021 6:22 PM

Meghan claimed she had a miscarriage just after her sister attention whore Chrissy Teighen got so much publicity for hers. This one's gotta be a surrogate job.

by Anonymousreply 237June 6, 2021 6:22 PM

[quote] But for how long? I get the feeling Charles is a salty bitch.

Even as king, he would not be able to remove their titles of prince and princess by himself. That would require major legislation from Parliament, which would probably never happen.

He could insist that like Harry and Meghan, they not use their stylings as "HRH": but even the queen today could not by herself and without the consent of Parliament remove the title of "Prince" from Harry's name" (though she could rescind the title of "Duke of Sussex"). It's all really complicated.

by Anonymousreply 238June 6, 2021 6:23 PM

God help that girl if she turns out looking like Doria.

by Anonymousreply 239June 6, 2021 6:23 PM

Um, r177? Charles will be King the instant Elizabeth dies. The coronation ceremony is just that.

by Anonymousreply 240June 6, 2021 6:24 PM

They are going to call her Lili.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex announce the birth of their daughter, Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor, born on Friday at Santa Barbara Cottage hospital. “Lili” is named after Her Majesty the Queen and her middle name in honour of “beloved grandmother” the Princess of Wales

by Anonymousreply 241June 6, 2021 6:25 PM

Lily Bette Diana would have been a better name. The tribute to the Queen would still have been clear, but subtler. Putting Lilibet on the birth certificate is just silly.

by Anonymousreply 242June 6, 2021 6:25 PM

Should have named her Betty!

by Anonymousreply 243June 6, 2021 6:26 PM

R242, tbf, what else did you expect from these two shallow grifters?

by Anonymousreply 244June 6, 2021 6:27 PM

Looking forward to Lady C's remarks. This will be fun.

by Anonymousreply 245June 6, 2021 6:28 PM

R226 we're not crying.

We're pissing ourselves laughing while ridiculing their predictability.

by Anonymousreply 246June 6, 2021 6:29 PM

No one is crying R226.

This is DataLounge. Do you truly believe anyone aside from you and the Klan Granny accuser really cares?

by Anonymousreply 247June 6, 2021 6:30 PM

R232, William actually said that? How dense IS he?

Charlotte was named for Charles!

by Anonymousreply 248June 6, 2021 6:30 PM

My money was on the name Eurydice Colette Clytemnestra Dido Bathsheba Rabelais Patricia Cocteau Sussex. Now take it away. And bring me another lover.

by Anonymousreply 249June 6, 2021 6:30 PM

It's really not surprising to me they did not include Doria among her names.

William and Kate have yet to use either of her parents' names, Michael and Carole, among any of their own children's names.

by Anonymousreply 250June 6, 2021 6:30 PM

Why would we be crying? We've known this baby was coming for months.

by Anonymousreply 251June 6, 2021 6:31 PM

Wow, thanks for that breaking bulletin, r241. None of us here had yet heard that!!

by Anonymousreply 252June 6, 2021 6:31 PM

You might say “Charlotte” is a nod to both Charles and Carole.

by Anonymousreply 253June 6, 2021 6:32 PM

R248 you don't see the difference in naming her Charlotte as opposed to Diana? You're the dense one

by Anonymousreply 254June 6, 2021 6:32 PM

I really don't give a shit about Harry and Meghan or the royals for that matter. But for a couple that has spent that last three months totally kicking Harry's family below the belt, they are unusually quick to remind us that they are part of the royal family.

by Anonymousreply 255June 6, 2021 6:32 PM

[quote] "What about ME you fucking ratchet-ass bitch? I ain't good enough? You couldn't put MY motherfuckin' name in there somewhere? Shit."

I have this deep feeling that Doria does not want to be dragged into this train wreck and hasn't since day 1.

by Anonymousreply 256June 6, 2021 6:34 PM

[quote] William and Kate have yet to use either of her parents' names, Michael and Carole, among any of their own children's names.

How common is it for royals to name a child after their non-royal family members?

by Anonymousreply 257June 6, 2021 6:34 PM

The Sussexes will get a temporary publicity bump out of this and another when they release the first picture of the baby. After that, they'll have to come up with their next plan of attack. I guess that will be merching the Diana statue unveiling somehow and then promoting the FF book re-release.

by Anonymousreply 258June 6, 2021 6:34 PM

Stupid name. You don’t mess with the fambly.

by Anonymousreply 259June 6, 2021 6:39 PM

[quote] The Sussexes will get a temporary publicity bump out of this

I am surprised this wasn't dropped for the UK Monday morning publication. Wouldn't that generate more publicity or are Sunday papers still the most popular? Monday is when you waste time reading articles like this to get your day going.

by Anonymousreply 260June 6, 2021 6:39 PM

[quote] God help that girl if she turns out looking like Doria.

Why? Doria looks great, especially for a woman of her age. Plus she has far more good taste and dignity than her loony daughter ever will.

by Anonymousreply 261June 6, 2021 6:39 PM

[quote]William and Kate have yet to use either of her parents' names, Michael and Carole, among any of their own children's names.

They didn’t want their children associated with The Brady Bunch.

by Anonymousreply 262June 6, 2021 6:40 PM

I’m still marveling at the brazenness of the name choice. I knew Meghan would go for something unorthodox and “creative” but - wow. Such a presumptuous thing to do. What I wouldn’t give to hear the family’s reaction in private. I wonder if they’d have dared if Philip were still alive.

by Anonymousreply 263June 6, 2021 6:45 PM

R254, The words attributed to William refer to "a namesake," not "this particular namesake." And that his children's names be their own.

So try reading closely next time.

by Anonymousreply 264June 6, 2021 6:45 PM

Lili was the name of Phoebe Cates’ character in Lace.

“Which one of you BITCHES is my surrogate mother?”

by Anonymousreply 265June 6, 2021 6:48 PM

Their predictable pretentiousness is pretty amusing, tbf.

by Anonymousreply 266June 6, 2021 6:50 PM

All you see looking at the name in writing is “Lil’ Diana.” Clever Meg, with her word games.

by Anonymousreply 267June 6, 2021 6:51 PM

Has Piers Morgan had an aneurysm over the name yet?

by Anonymousreply 268June 6, 2021 6:54 PM

Poor Archie will be forgotten now that they've got their merchable bundle of joy.

by Anonymousreply 269June 6, 2021 6:55 PM

Only if Lil' Diana is pretty. If they wind up with another Thomas Markle clone, she'll be hidden away until she's old enough for plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 270June 6, 2021 6:58 PM

If this girl isn't thin and gorgeous and ends up looking like Doria, Meghan is going to have a fucking nervous breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 271June 6, 2021 7:00 PM

If the Queen didn’t want them to name her that, then they wouldn’t have.

by Anonymousreply 272June 6, 2021 7:01 PM

R272 nonsense. What could HM do about? They live half the world away.

Plus, little Lilibitch isn't in direct line to the throne anyway.

by Anonymousreply 273June 6, 2021 7:03 PM

Be interesting to see what the relationship will be between the teenage cousins. Will Lili and Archie be posting pictures of the Cambridge children on the balcony with captions like #famiglia? All those rich/famous stepsiblings and cousins do that, along with posting throwback shots of their famous parents. Just to remind you of who they are. We’ll see Diana stuff for sure.

by Anonymousreply 274June 6, 2021 7:04 PM

R272, so they can then leak that out and accuse the Queen of being spiteful and racist? She was in a no win situation. She had to agree.

by Anonymousreply 275June 6, 2021 7:04 PM

Kate and William just congratulated H&M on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 276June 6, 2021 7:07 PM

Are you a moron, r179? That isn't a palace press release, that's a Sussex press release, and it's very shitty of them to try to start this kind of row now. On the one hand they name their kid Lilibet, supposedly to honour the Queen (in reality, it's branding) and then they shade her by rejecting her choice of title for Diana - which Diana would never have had in the first place if she hadn't married Charles.

by Anonymousreply 277June 6, 2021 7:08 PM

What's that stationery logo? M with a crown above it? Love it, Meghan!

by Anonymousreply 278June 6, 2021 7:11 PM

Charles too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279June 6, 2021 7:12 PM

I wish they all could be California girls!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 280June 6, 2021 7:12 PM

As we always knew, Meghan's black heritage and black Mum are only acknowledged when useful. When it comes down to nailing real identity to the mast . . . it's the white folks what count.

She calls them all racist, he accuses the Queen and her lately deceased husband of being lousy parents to his father, and being determined to stop the chain in of genetic pain those wretched royal relatives are responsible for - but then name the kid after the very emblem of that racist, colonialist shitty parenting.

Her sugar stans, lately calling for the death or removal of said emblem for How She Made Meghan Suffer - now have to twist themselves into pretzels rationalising the choice as beautiful, right, and noble.

Well just pretend all that shit they and Meghan said about the Windsors is just water under the bridge and this is meant as a "healing" gesture.

Connections, calculations, reminding the p UK bloc of their royalty, ignoring Meghan's black heritage cuz it ain't as classy or useful has nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 281June 6, 2021 7:12 PM

And the main royal account

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282June 6, 2021 7:12 PM

Poor Charles must choke a little, speaking those two names.

by Anonymousreply 283June 6, 2021 7:14 PM

Since she was born in Santa Barbara/Montecito CA, does that mean she's an American?

by Anonymousreply 284June 6, 2021 7:15 PM

[quote] As we always knew, Meghan's black heritage and black Mum are only acknowledged when useful. When it comes down to nailing real identity to the mast . . . it's the white folks what count.

The black community will dive on their swords for anyone with a drop of black, even if they appropriate, marry, date, live, and identify as white. Whether Meghan or OJ, these sainted people live all white lives with all white spouses in all white communities and wouldn't give the time of day to the black community unless their is a benefit. The gay community is happy to point out the flaws and failings of our fellow members.

by Anonymousreply 285June 6, 2021 7:15 PM

I think Lili might one day be in the same room as her grandfather. Her great-grandmother, IDK.

I'd be surprised if Meghan brought the kids to the Jubilee next year. She seems worried that if she brings them on UK soil again, she'll lose them. Which is nonsense, but Meghan is always convinced she's more important than the BRF really think she is.

by Anonymousreply 286June 6, 2021 7:16 PM

Lil' Betty and Archie.

Is Meghan a Riverdale fan?

by Anonymousreply 287June 6, 2021 7:19 PM

Does Meghan really think that if she brought the kids to the UK, the Queen would personally snatch them out of her hands?

It will be interesting to see a Lili and Charlotte reunion. I do believe that Harry will have a second family in the UK before he is 40, which gives him about 4 more years. I do think the family will have him back if only to keep him containing and dust him back up with Palace PR magic. I could see Lili and Archie spending summers at Balmoral. Maybe Lili will be told no one to many time by Megs and try to screw her over by kissing Kate's ass and becoming a favorite nice when she's older. Once the kids are in high school, they are poised to have an awesome life.

by Anonymousreply 288June 6, 2021 7:22 PM

^Isn't Charlotte's nickname Lottie? So it'd be Lili and Lottie.

Oh dear - just another predictable crap move from the Sussexes.

by Anonymousreply 289June 6, 2021 7:24 PM

They shan’t be releasing a photo “at this time.” Well lar-de-dah, ain’t we grand.

by Anonymousreply 290June 6, 2021 7:26 PM

Is Lilibet even a *real* name?

When I Google it, I only find references to QE2's nickname

by Anonymousreply 291June 6, 2021 7:28 PM

Cambridge's and Queen simultaneously give congrats on IG just now.

[quote] dukeandduchessofcambridge Verified [quote] We are all delighted by the happy news of the arrival of baby Lili. [quote] Congratulations to Harry, Meghan and Archie.

by Anonymousreply 292June 6, 2021 7:28 PM

R290 Of course not, they are waiting for the highest bidder.

by Anonymousreply 293June 6, 2021 7:28 PM

And then it will be in black and white, showing the back of Lili's head as she gazes out philosophically from her pram into the middle distance,

by Anonymousreply 294June 6, 2021 7:30 PM

Does Lilibet have an Instagram page yet? It's never too early to get those endorsement deals for Pampers and Tummy Tea.

by Anonymousreply 295June 6, 2021 7:31 PM

[quote] Plus, little Lilibitch isn't in direct line to the throne anyway.

She's 8th in line, followed by Andrew. But yes, the direct line is through the Cambridges.

by Anonymousreply 296June 6, 2021 7:32 PM

R288, that is not going to happen. He is not going to divorce, leave his young kids behind, remarry and have another family in the span of 3-4 years. That sounds preposterous. He might one day have a second family, but it will not be in that time frame. It might be when these kids are full grown. I don’t see him leaving them behind in the US when they are young. People who expect him to return to the UK will be waiting for quite a long time.

If he and Meghan do split, I expect an epic, drawn out battle ala Brad and Angelina.

by Anonymousreply 297June 6, 2021 7:33 PM

If the baby is pretty, we'll get high-res photos sold to the highest bidder ASAP. If she's not, there will be teasing black and white shots showing feet, back of head, etc.

by Anonymousreply 298June 6, 2021 7:33 PM

If they were to divorce, Meghan would keep the kids. Harry doesn't have Brad Pitt's grit or resources, and his family won't support him in a custody battle: It would look like a powerful white family trying to steal the children of a brave black single mother. Harry will have to stay in CA if he wants to be near his kids.

by Anonymousreply 299June 6, 2021 7:34 PM

[R163] I got pregnant a month after a miscarriage at 37 years of age.

by Anonymousreply 300June 6, 2021 7:38 PM

That's true, R250. I was surprised they didn't use Michael as middle name for either George or Louis, although I suppose you could say the name Charlotte honours Carole.

by Anonymousreply 301June 6, 2021 7:39 PM

R299 Have you considered that Harry might genuinely think that the kids should not be left with Markle? This is a woman who routinely screams at people - hardly a good environment for young kids. All he needs is sworn statements from staff & she couldd lose custody. And it’s absurd to think he wouldn’t have the resources to fight for this...he has more than she does.

I can genuinely see him getting custody...although I agree that a certain demographic would automatically see it as “powerful white family steals kids of colour”.

by Anonymousreply 302June 6, 2021 7:41 PM

Charles, Charlotte, Charlene, Carol/Carole, Caroline and several other names all derive from the Roman name Carolus and they are all considered variants of that.

by Anonymousreply 303June 6, 2021 7:42 PM

And there is Carolina of course.

by Anonymousreply 304June 6, 2021 7:43 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305June 6, 2021 7:45 PM

The Daily Mail was moderating comments on the article at first, but they gave up.

by Anonymousreply 306June 6, 2021 7:46 PM

Harry could certainly obtain 50/50 custody, but since Meghan is American and won't ever live in the UK again, he'll have to stay in CA if he wants his fair share of custody.

Harry is spoiled, dim, and lazy: He won't fight for his kids for years and years as Brad Pitt has. In another set of circumstances his family might have fought for him, but he's alienated them and also married a publicity-mad, vindictive woman of color. There is no way to win that battle, and the BRF won't try.

by Anonymousreply 307June 6, 2021 7:46 PM

She ray-ray!

by Anonymousreply 308June 6, 2021 7:47 PM

Doria is a very attractive woman, but she is unmistakably a black woman. Meghan has done everything possible to deracinate herself and her kids. If her daughter looks black, Meghan will freak out.

by Anonymousreply 309June 6, 2021 7:47 PM

I'm sure the family is concerned for Harry's children, but they're not interested in custody. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 310June 6, 2021 7:47 PM

Those kids will never, ever live in the UK. Harry will divide his time when they divorce.

by Anonymousreply 311June 6, 2021 7:51 PM

R284, How did you even construct such a query?

R287, See r243.

by Anonymousreply 312June 6, 2021 7:52 PM

Quodlibet Dyan Mountbattendownthehatches-Windsorontario.

by Anonymousreply 313June 6, 2021 7:57 PM

Wait another six months, the news will be that Megan is pregnant. Harry just loves his sex.

by Anonymousreply 314June 6, 2021 8:00 PM

Yes, but tossing salad doesn't make babies.

by Anonymousreply 315June 6, 2021 8:04 PM

Daily Mail headline:

'Did Harry and Meghan call baby girl 'Lilibet' in bid to build bridges? Couple use Prince Philip's nickname for the Queen as name for second child... after 'truth bomb' attacks left relations with the Palace 'hanging by a thread'

by Anonymousreply 316June 6, 2021 8:07 PM

Lillet Blanc Doriana Mountbatteredwife-Windsorknot

by Anonymousreply 317June 6, 2021 8:10 PM

I had to share this witty Instagram post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318June 6, 2021 8:18 PM

[quote]William and Kate have yet to use any of her parents' names, Michael and Carole, among any of their childrens' names.

Maybe not for the boys; "Elizabeth" is the middle name of both Carole and Kate.

by Anonymousreply 319June 6, 2021 8:32 PM

Cheer up. They could of called her Rose instead of Lili.

by Anonymousreply 320June 6, 2021 8:37 PM

Nice choice; naming her Diana would've been shameless, but Lili is a pretty name.

by Anonymousreply 321June 6, 2021 8:41 PM

Lucas: trendy

August: a bit strange, but nice enough

Lilibet: WTF were they thinking?

Over to you, Beatrice and Edo!

by Anonymousreply 322June 6, 2021 8:41 PM

^Only that her real name isn't Lili, but Lilibet.

by Anonymousreply 323June 6, 2021 8:42 PM

They really are thriving. Nice house. Huge paychecks. Everything they podcast or take part in goes viral. A son and a daughter. Piers is unemployed. And yes Lili is a pretty name.

by Anonymousreply 324June 6, 2021 8:42 PM

[quote]'Did Harry and Meghan call baby girl 'Lilibet' in bid to build bridges? Couple use Prince Philip's nickname for the Queen as name for second child... after 'truth bomb' attacks left relations with the Palace 'hanging by a thread'

One wonders if instead they'd be a bit less wide of the mark had they opted for a private apology followed by dignified silence.

by Anonymousreply 325June 6, 2021 8:45 PM

Bea and Edo could be picking an Italian name.

Or the Italian version of a BRF name.

Like Filippo (Philip) or Elisabetta (Elizabeth).

by Anonymousreply 326June 6, 2021 8:45 PM

Or Occhi da insetto come sua madre.

by Anonymousreply 327June 6, 2021 8:48 PM

I would love to hear what Princess Anne has to say about this.

by Anonymousreply 328June 6, 2021 8:48 PM

Piers Morgan isn’t unemployed, r324. He still works for ITV and writes for the DM. He just quit his job on Good Morning Britain.

by Anonymousreply 329June 6, 2021 8:51 PM

Is it very KKKlanish of me that I so want the kid to be as black as Grandma Doria?

by Anonymousreply 330June 6, 2021 8:51 PM

R329 please don't feed the idiot Meghan stan. Put the loon on ignore like most of us have already done.

by Anonymousreply 331June 6, 2021 8:53 PM

The first name did give me pause. I devoutly hope they have the blessing of HM for the name. Now, anyone with half a brain cell knew their daughter would be named Diana, so no surprise there.

Regarding this pregnancy: anyone who thinks the birth of this female is just a natural spin of the genetic roulette wheel is deluding themselves. I have no doubt much science and laboratory intervention assured them of the little girl they needed.

The optics of the Sussex “family” is really unpleasant and not very pretty.

by Anonymousreply 332June 6, 2021 8:53 PM

"... Harry said. "Now we've got our family. We've got the four of us and our two dogs, and it's great."

Maybe now a hamster?

by Anonymousreply 333June 6, 2021 8:53 PM

Are they going to hire Beamish to be Lillibet's nanny?

by Anonymousreply 334June 6, 2021 8:53 PM

And there are rumors that GMB is anxious to get Piers back because the ratings have dived since he left.

by Anonymousreply 335June 6, 2021 8:55 PM

Who was the surrogate?

by Anonymousreply 336June 6, 2021 9:04 PM

LOL!😁😆 This has just popped up on my YouTube timeline so intend to watch later tonight but it seems I am out of sync with one of the best royal commentators on YouTube and one of my favourites after Lady Colin Campbell on the question of the name of Harry and Meghans baby daughter. It seems River like many dataloungers is not very happy at the choice of the name Lilibet!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337June 6, 2021 9:05 PM

**Exclusive First Pix*

In related news, the Queen has been taken to hospital.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338June 6, 2021 9:06 PM

I don't think either seem that invested in the kids, TBH. It's a meal ticket for Megs and a duty for Harry. You are right, 4 years would be an aggressive time table for a new family. I don't think a divorce is out of the question in that amount of time though.

by Anonymousreply 339June 6, 2021 9:06 PM

Breaking News: Harry has just revealed his daughter's first words uttered only minutes out of the womb. "BABY LILIBET SAID QUITE CLEARLY "FLOCCINAUCINIHILIPILIFICATION"", announced the proud father.

by Anonymousreply 340June 6, 2021 9:11 PM

I am fascinated they have named the child after the head of the family they have already condemned as being racist.

by Anonymousreply 341June 6, 2021 9:17 PM

A plague on both your houses!

by Anonymousreply 342June 6, 2021 9:20 PM

Shit...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343June 6, 2021 9:26 PM

Concerning custody if M & H divorce, doesn't the Queen have legal custody of their children while they're minors because they're direct descendants of the monarch?

Could be complicated with Lilibet because she was born in the US.

by Anonymousreply 344June 6, 2021 9:34 PM

[quote] Concerning custody if M & H divorce, doesn't the Queen have legal custody of their children while they're minors because they're direct descendants of the monarch?

I doubt a US custody court would give a shit about the Queen's ownership of minor heirs.

by Anonymousreply 345June 6, 2021 9:36 PM

The "custody" law is some antiquated law that means nothing today and has the Megstans in a tizzy. It has no bearing on Haz's crotchfruit.

And even if it did, could you imagine the headlines? The BRF would have to be insane to try to take custody. The court of public opinion would eviscerate them, and rightly so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346June 6, 2021 9:40 PM

R344, No U.S. court would hand over US citizens, or defer in any other way regarding them, to the UK monarch, you blithering idiot!

by Anonymousreply 347June 6, 2021 9:43 PM

Phhhft they don't want them.

Back to the name, it's so much more of an FU than a tribute. In. Your. Face.

by Anonymousreply 348June 6, 2021 9:44 PM

Is the baby an American citizen or not? It seems like she could hold dual citizenship.

by Anonymousreply 349June 6, 2021 9:46 PM

I don't sense the joy and excitement from this birth. I think this was will be a quick moving news cycle compared to Archie until will see Lili Windsor. Lili Windsor, if she goes by that, has grown on me. I am picturing dancing on table tops, coke in the photo booth at Soho House with Blue Ivy and North West.

by Anonymousreply 350June 6, 2021 9:47 PM

R349, by virtue of being born in the US, she is a US citizen.

by Anonymousreply 351June 6, 2021 9:48 PM

R349...gee, she has an American mother and she was born in the US. Take a wild guess!

by Anonymousreply 352June 6, 2021 9:49 PM

R347 as we don't have titles in this country, their rugrats will never be Princes.

by Anonymousreply 353June 6, 2021 9:51 PM

Her father is British, so she could be American or British. And her British title may demand that she is a British citizen.

by Anonymousreply 354June 6, 2021 9:51 PM

R350 That is our fear exactly!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355June 6, 2021 9:53 PM

Did Meghan take Harry's surname? Is she Meghan Mountbatten-Windsor?

by Anonymousreply 356June 6, 2021 9:53 PM

In England and Wales in 2013, three babies were given the name Lilibet. Who knew?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357June 6, 2021 9:55 PM

R354 ever heard of dual citizenship? Every baby born on US soil is American. Saoirse Ronan was born in NYC, but her family moved back to Ireland when she was a toddler. She still has US citizenship.

by Anonymousreply 358June 6, 2021 9:56 PM

The children of a Duke take the family name, except the heir. So the first child would be Dumbarton as the surname, taking his father's secondary title as a courtesy, and the next child would be a Mountbatten-Windsor.

by Anonymousreply 359June 6, 2021 9:57 PM

[quote]There is nothing she can do now that will ever be right. Everything has a hidden motive. Everything is a grift. Everything is a slight.

Well, if the shoe fits as they say.

by Anonymousreply 360June 6, 2021 9:58 PM

Cringe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361June 6, 2021 9:58 PM

^ I don't know what the first wife will be called after the divorce. Technically among many things she would be whatever given name suits her plan, followed by Duchess of Sussex. Upon her remarriage she would no longer be called that.

by Anonymousreply 362June 6, 2021 9:59 PM

R358 you cannot be a member of the Royal family if you're not exclusively a British subject. You have to renounce the other nationality - something Meghan was supposed to do had she hung around longer.

by Anonymousreply 363June 6, 2021 9:59 PM

God, I love the Daily Star.

"Spotlight-dodgers ensure totally normal low-key birth by naming kid after Queen"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364June 6, 2021 10:01 PM

R361, cringe and BARF!

by Anonymousreply 365June 6, 2021 10:02 PM

They should've just gone with Lili

by Anonymousreply 366June 6, 2021 10:04 PM

[quote]Even as king, he would not be able to remove their titles of prince and princess by himself. That would require major legislation from Parliament, which would probably never happen.

Wrong. The sitting monarch can remove the HRH honorific and/or the Prince/ss titles, with no input from Parliament. As "Fount of Honour" in the UK they have that right, which is one of the few remaining they have from the days of absolute monarchy.

They can do this by issuance of Letters Patent (LP) or by simple declaration of their wishes. The former (LP) is the strongly preferred manner as its the most official and would be viewed as binding.

[quote]He could insist that like Harry and Meghan, they not use their stylings as "HRH": but even the queen today could not by herself and without the consent of Parliament remove the title of "Prince" from Harry's name" (though she could rescind the title of "Duke of Sussex"). It's all really complicated.

Not it's not complicated at all. it's very simple. The Queen can do as she wished re any royal princely title or HRH honorific, at anytime.

by Anonymousreply 367June 6, 2021 10:06 PM

Do we think Will and Kate even told their kids Meghan was expecting?

by Anonymousreply 368June 6, 2021 10:06 PM

The Times calls her "Lilibet of California."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369June 6, 2021 10:06 PM

The old baby didn't heal the rift. Why should the new one teach inspire her dreadful parents to behave?

by Anonymousreply 370June 6, 2021 10:08 PM

The other one, Archie is it? Even though he was born in Britain, he still has US citizenship because his mother is American. That is sufficient qualification for US authorities. Assuming Harry is the father of this baby, the child has American citizenship immediately and will have the right to apply for and will be granted British citizenship.

by Anonymousreply 371June 6, 2021 10:10 PM

I love how the Megstans are imagining a dramatic court battle where a stern American judge tells the British Royals in no uncertain terms that ARCHIE AND LILIBET ARE GOD-FEARING 'MURRICANS. Perhaps they even foresee a dramatic extraction of the Sussex children from the clutches of their British relatives via a cadre of navy SEALS.

Truth is, the BRF doesn't even like Harry much these days. Why would they want his dynastically irrelevant kids whom they've rarely or never met? When it comes to a custody battle, Hazza is on his own.

by Anonymousreply 372June 6, 2021 10:11 PM

[quote] The old baby didn't heal the rift. Why should the new one teach inspire her dreadful parents to behave?

It's not supposed to be inspiration. It's called "future guaranteed income supplement".

by Anonymousreply 373June 6, 2021 10:11 PM

Yes, but the kids can't be American and have their titles, correct? If they choose to be Lord Archie and Lady Lili, they'll have to renounce American citizenship as adults.

by Anonymousreply 374June 6, 2021 10:12 PM

I don’t know about you guys, but naming their child with my nickname wouldn’t soften my heart against the kind of shit they pulled.

And babies don’t heal rifts, they don’t fix marriages. Maybe if it’s the only grandchild someone’s going to get. But the Queen is quite blessed with grandchildren and great-grandchildren. This one isn’t going to rock her world.

by Anonymousreply 375June 6, 2021 10:16 PM

Didn't they explicitly say when Archie was born they were going with non-royal names?

The Queen has 8 grandchildren and when Bea drops, 12 great-grandchildren, 10 of which are being raised within the family fold. She probably won't live long enough to see Louise and James marry and have families, but I expect there's a chance she'll make it to Eug and maybe Bea's second children. She's covered as far as descendants and namesakes go.

by Anonymousreply 376June 6, 2021 10:20 PM

Especially since she's unlikely ever to spend much time with this great-grandchild, r375. She may never even meet her at all.

by Anonymousreply 377June 6, 2021 10:20 PM

[quote] Do we think Will and Kate even told their kids Meghan was expecting?

Probably, but the kids are likely too young to understand the term "demon spawn".

by Anonymousreply 378June 6, 2021 10:25 PM

I look forward to the Christmas photo from Sandringham of Her Maj and her TEN great grandchildren

by Anonymousreply 379June 6, 2021 10:27 PM

Queen Elizabeth's namesakes:

Zara Anne Elizabeth Tindall

Princess Beatrice Elizabeth Mary

Lady Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor

Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana

Isla Elizabeth Phillips

Lena Elizabeth Tindall

One more namesake isn't going to change anything, especially when they couldn't even give the little girl HM's proper name (unlike every other family member).

by Anonymousreply 380June 6, 2021 10:27 PM

Because they are not parents themselves (not really), Harry and Meghan might fail to realize how grave their transgression are. When they maligned *some* members of the BRF and spoke of “genetic trauma”, they maligned the Queen herself. She is responsible for raising the man who was a terrible father to Harry. She’s the matriarch of the racist family. She’s the monarch of the country who refused to accept his wife. She was married to the man who forced Harry to walk behind his mother’s coffin, “traumatizing” him.

But no offense, Gran. You’re totally cool. We’ve got no beef with your wallet.

by Anonymousreply 381June 6, 2021 10:27 PM

Who's willing to bet money that if Bea has a daughter, she'll be Something-Something Elizabeth? Personally, I'd go for Philippa Elizabeth Sarah, but that's just me.

by Anonymousreply 382June 6, 2021 10:31 PM

Harry and Megs will find out all about hostile children in the next couple of decades, once Archie and Lili are old enough to understand just what's been taken from them.

by Anonymousreply 383June 6, 2021 10:32 PM

At least the name doesn't sound dark-skinned.

by Anonymousreply 384June 6, 2021 10:32 PM

Pippa Mozzi is a cute name.

by Anonymousreply 385June 6, 2021 10:33 PM

If as the DM suggests they blindsided the family with this name, this poor child is not going to heal anything. Interesting that every other child/ grandchild managed to use the formal name and not a private nickname. It’s like MM watched Philip’s funeral for ideas of how to make it even more about her.

by Anonymousreply 386June 6, 2021 10:34 PM

R380 I'm different and special. I do things my way.

by Anonymousreply 387June 6, 2021 10:37 PM

Oh, I forgot one: Princess Anne herself is a namesake:

Princess Anne Elizabeth Alice Louise

Zara Anne Elizabeth Tindall

Princess Beatrice Elizabeth Mary

Lady Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor

Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana

Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor

Isla Elizabeth Phillips

Lena Elizabeth Tindall

Yeah, one of these things is not like the others.

by Anonymousreply 388June 6, 2021 10:37 PM

They'd have been better off with one of Philip's sisters' names. Not that Haz knows what any of those are.

by Anonymousreply 389June 6, 2021 10:39 PM

R242, that ship sailed when Gwyneth named her daughter Apple-

by Anonymousreply 390June 6, 2021 10:41 PM

We should call her Lil Lets in honour of her stuck up (a) cunt mother.

by Anonymousreply 391June 6, 2021 10:44 PM

I've been waiting all day to hear what Lili's first words were, when will Harry be announcing that?

by Anonymousreply 392June 6, 2021 10:44 PM

I hope both the children are clones of Thomas Markle

by Anonymousreply 393June 6, 2021 10:46 PM

If they wanted a nod to HM without being like every other Elizabeth in the family, there are dozens of other pretty derivatives that are not the Queen's private nickname: Alisa, Beth, Bethia, Bettina, Betty, Eliza, Elissa, Elise, Elisa, Elisabet, Else, Elspeth, Erzsebet, Lesetta, Lily, Lisabette, Lisabetta, Lisbet, Lisbeth, Lisa, Lisel, Liselle, Lisette, Lisa, Lise, etc.

by Anonymousreply 394June 6, 2021 10:47 PM

Hmmmm.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395June 6, 2021 10:48 PM

R390 Apple is QUAINT compared to the many terrible names that have followed

by Anonymousreply 396June 6, 2021 10:50 PM

This gossip blog quote is juicy:

[quote]While the couple may claim that they want to “honor” family members, there is absolutely nothing honorable about their actions. I assure you that [his family] is neither “honored” nor “delighted” by their choice of name. To the contrary. [The couple’s] attempts to co-opt private family nicknames for their own use is transparent, manipulative, distasteful and selfish. It also confirms their compulsive need to seek affiliation with [the husband’s family] while simultaneously irritating them. [His family] is keenly aware of this continuous pattern of behavior but will not comment on the matter except to provide generic good wishes.

by Anonymousreply 397June 6, 2021 10:50 PM

R395 If true...IF....can you fucking IMAGINE the reaction within the family when they heard. Holy mother of pearl..

by Anonymousreply 398June 6, 2021 10:51 PM

If they named the baby Lilibet and didn't get the Queen's blessing first, it's abominably rude. This won't build any bridge back at all.

by Anonymousreply 399June 6, 2021 10:52 PM

Notice the gossip quote above says nicknameS? This supports the story that George's nickname was Archie before the Sussexes stole it.

by Anonymousreply 400June 6, 2021 10:53 PM

I'd give Gossip Cop any credence if this had come out BEFORE the baby name. It's just conjecture based on public knowledge

by Anonymousreply 401June 6, 2021 10:54 PM

The story may be based on public knowledge, but I bet it rings close to the truth. Using the Queen's private nickname IS "transparent, manipulative, distasteful and selfish."

by Anonymousreply 402June 6, 2021 10:55 PM

Notice also that all of the other namesakes used the name as a middle name. Using the Queen's nickname while she is still alive is doubly rude.

by Anonymousreply 403June 6, 2021 10:59 PM

"Right. Names. Let's think. What would fuck with them the most?"

"Omg. Wait wait wait. DUDE. I've got it. Hee hee hee, are you ready for this?"

by Anonymousreply 404June 6, 2021 11:00 PM

Meghan has no shame. I would be embarrassed to name my daughter the pet name my grandmother's parents called her when I have shit on her like Meghan has.

by Anonymousreply 405June 6, 2021 11:01 PM

A defensive move?

by Anonymousreply 406June 6, 2021 11:02 PM

A poster above said how Meghan and Harry's life is so great now. But do either of them really seem happy?

by Anonymousreply 407June 6, 2021 11:03 PM

I have a feeling that when the newness wears off that Harry will find himself unhappy and then will really be depressed that he burned his bridges for it.

by Anonymousreply 408June 6, 2021 11:05 PM

They could have made a lovely life for themselves in California and kept on good terms with his family. But since notoriety was her goal and revenge was his, that was never going to happen. Even if the Queen, Charles, and the Cambridges were all wiped out tomorrow and the Sussexes suddenly found themselves King and Queen, they'd still somehow be miserable.

by Anonymousreply 409June 6, 2021 11:05 PM

Let's face it, if they'd named the little girl Alisa or Lisetta or Lily, it wouldn't have generated half the discussion and controversy that Lilibet has. I guarantee that was part of the plan.

by Anonymousreply 410June 6, 2021 11:07 PM

I can understand your not being fans of Harry and Meghan. I'm not quite fans of them (or any of the royals for that matter). What I DON'T get is the CONSTANT hate for Meghan.

Yes she's an opportunist, any commoner (or even a royal for that matter) would be an opportunist to try to get married to an actual prince. Little girls have been trained since infants, being read fairy tales to desire their own "Prince". You actually think Kate loved William first then his prospects as King came in second? And you think that a family where a former king referred to his former black subjects in a then colony (Bahamas) as savages, Prince Phillip, Queen Mother Elizabeth, Princess Margaret, Princess Michael of Kent, all on record as having racist opinions, are the ONLY ones in the Royal family who were/are racist? Even Harry, before he changed, was photographed wearing Nazi uniform at a party. It seems to me that racism in those circles is so casual and common that he thought nothing of it.

It's because of that casual racism that I totally believe Meghan on what was said about her baby's complexion. Just because she pointed out one aspect about the BRF that upset her and Harry (other parts were about The Firm) doesn't mean she has to give up on some things royal-related, especially if it would benefit her children. I honestly don't get the vitriol for her from an audience that isn't even the Queen's subjects. It seems overly hateful. I've never seen thread after thread after thread going after Prince Andrew after the whole Epstein debacle, for example. Like how dare this black woman open her mouth and criticize her royal in-laws, she should be cleaning the toilets herself instead of ordering the servants saying just like other royals have. Even went after her mother and accused her mother of killing her father or her brother to be a beneficiary to a will.

Are you anti Meghan folks the same ones PISSED OFF that a Black and a Latino non binary duo were claimed to be part of the early gay rights movement?

by Anonymousreply 411June 6, 2021 11:09 PM

Lily would have been perfect, lovely.

by Anonymousreply 412June 6, 2021 11:09 PM

R411 ma'am are you having hotflashes?

by Anonymousreply 413June 6, 2021 11:11 PM

I was kind of hoping they would name her Shaniqua.

by Anonymousreply 414June 6, 2021 11:14 PM

R411 Stop projecting your bigotry on to others. The tiny amount of extra melanin Markle has matters to no one except racists like you.

Go away.

by Anonymousreply 415June 6, 2021 11:15 PM

[quote] naming their child with my nickname wouldn’t soften my heart against the kind of shit they pulled.

Yeah, but tbf, who would name their baby Cuntface.

by Anonymousreply 416June 6, 2021 11:20 PM

Can't we just dislike Meghan because of her personality? I do think she is attractive but her personality would ruin it for me, she seems to turn on everyone she is close with.

by Anonymousreply 417June 6, 2021 11:26 PM

R411 You have a very simplistic outlook on this whole Markle Debarkle. There’s a saying that comes to mind: Don’t bite the hand that feeds you. On one hand, she’s insinuating the BRF are horrible, racist assholes, and on the other, her mouth is shamelessly wide open like a pelican to get anything and everything from their hands. And boy, did she benefit from that wicked family. The tacky, Z-list, burger-sucking actress was handed countless millions on a silver platter for a grand wedding, designer wardrobe, jewelry, exotic trips, security, cars, home renovations, etc. And it still wasn’t enough for her greedy maw. And she still talked shit about them on a public platform knowing her lies could be easily discredited.

Most of us value loyalty, discretion, duty, integrity, responsibility and family. We also hate blatant greed and hollow self-promotion/aggrandizement. And then, there are people like you, who stand here wondering why people dislike those two transparent opportunists. I’m perplexed whether you’re genuinely naive or are you cut from the same cloth as them?

by Anonymousreply 418June 6, 2021 11:27 PM

R411, Meghan does not get “hate,” at least not here. She gets mockery, just like most celebrities. She’s not entitled to be liked or coddled. She’s not entitled to our sympathy. If she can’t take the heat, she can stop promoting herself.

by Anonymousreply 419June 6, 2021 11:29 PM

If she's black- wouldn't it be L'il Bet?

by Anonymousreply 420June 6, 2021 11:30 PM

They play Connect 4 when they should be lpaying chess

by Anonymousreply 421June 6, 2021 11:35 PM

R368 William and Kate's kids are too young to understand the concept of "surrogacy". Though, historically, they could have spoken of a 'warming pan baby'.

by Anonymousreply 422June 6, 2021 11:51 PM

I think it is fantastic that these diminutive Royals have named their daughter with an appropriate diminutive!

by Anonymousreply 423June 7, 2021 12:58 AM

[quote] Like how dare this black woman open her mouth and criticize her royal in-laws, she should be cleaning the toilets herself instead of ordering the servants saying just like other royals have.

Oh FFS, nobody is saying or even insinuating anything of the kind. You're such a troll you don't even deserve a response but: The reason people don't like Meghan is because she's such a cornball phony. Every move is so cheesy and calculated and frankly embarrassing.

Unfortunately, social media is full of lowest-common-denominator thinkers who are the perfect audience for her crap.

by Anonymousreply 424June 7, 2021 1:22 AM

Someone on Twitter just discovered that the site lilibetdiana.com was registered on June 4, 2021 (the day she was born) by someone in CA.......merch merch merch

by Anonymousreply 425June 7, 2021 2:04 AM

The thing that makes me laugh about the "Sussex Squad" they claim to hate the British Monarchy but ignore the reality that Harry and Meghan are only relevant because of their royalty and that they remain royals so long as the refuse to give up their titles and name their children after members of the royal family. Sorry but you can't claim to hate the royals but love Harry and Meghan because they are part of that institution until the publicly reject being part of it which they will never do. They are as fake and stunt pulling as Trump.

by Anonymousreply 426June 7, 2021 2:14 AM

R426 Yup! You can't be woke and love H&M while loathing the royals. Until Meghan and Harry reject their titles, and also Harry rejects his inherited wealth, they are both royal and part of the system. Their whole virtue signaling is done to try to appeal to the younger crowd.

by Anonymousreply 427June 7, 2021 2:34 AM

Quite the story there, R411. I have no doubt that her mother has experienced a lot of racism. And her father probably saw a lot directed at his wife. Based on where Meghan grew up and her appearance, I doubt she did. She's got a lot of anger and doesn't know where to put it. She creates these scenarios and then blames others rather than taking responsibility.. She's got smart parents, had a decent education, and she's not stupid, but she seems not to have learned much about how to co-exist in the world, even after a foreign internship and a study year abroad. She goes to the UK, goes straight to the top, but rather than attempt to fit in, she was very demanding and expected people to accommodate to her. She reportedly wanted to go into foreign service in her college years, but didn't score high enough on the exam. Her mother with her background in mental health, has likely done what she can and tries to be supportive. Also, her mother seems to have a strong sense of herself that Meghan has failed to absorb. And it's a mistake for Harry to live in California. He doesn't understand the culture there either and is going to create more problems for himself.

by Anonymousreply 428June 7, 2021 3:06 AM

[Quote]Did Meghan take Harry's surname? Is she Meghan Mountbatten-Windsor?

Actually, we refer to her as Meghan MountsDim-Windsor.

by Anonymousreply 429June 7, 2021 3:13 AM

I hope Harry doesn't think Oprah and the other people trying to profit off his mental issues are truly sympathetic to him and mean well. I have a feeling he is quite dim and socially awkward and will get chewed up and spit out.

by Anonymousreply 430June 7, 2021 3:14 AM

I can't believe they didn't honour Rachel's big sis when naming the bebe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431June 7, 2021 3:19 AM

Maybe one day she'll be a fashion icon too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432June 7, 2021 3:24 AM

R432 oh Jesus Christ. How many Caftan Queens bought those?

by Anonymousreply 433June 7, 2021 3:27 AM

My mother loved Diana, I bought her some commemorative magazines about Diana and she keeps them on her coffee table. She thinks Charles was mean and feels sorry for Harry. heehee

by Anonymousreply 434June 7, 2021 3:30 AM

R411 is trying so hard to matter but all its doing is opening the door on their miserable internal life.

by Anonymousreply 435June 7, 2021 3:32 AM

Why is OP's post blanked out, it was very benign so why would people F&F?

by Anonymousreply 436June 7, 2021 3:35 AM

Diaria would’ve been the perfect name. It’s a combination of Doria and Diana. Good way to honor both grandmas.

by Anonymousreply 437June 7, 2021 3:45 AM

Diaria sounds too much like diarrhea.

by Anonymousreply 438June 7, 2021 3:56 AM

R438

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439June 7, 2021 3:58 AM

Doriana would have sounded like Gloriana as in QEI.

by Anonymousreply 440June 7, 2021 4:02 AM

Lilibet does feel very personal to the Queen. It's been pubic knowledge forever that Lilibet is a very special and intimate name to the Queen that only very few people call QEII. Harry, William, and Charles probably haven't ever addressed the Queen as such. I am not minding Lili Windsor (most people don't go by their middle names so Diana is negligible at this point) is cute, but they could have done it in a different way as a modern homage to the Queen. Good call on the co-opting nameS on BG. Archie might be a special name for George. When everything is so public and formal, these little things can be deeply private and personal. Meghan is such a bitch, but she has balls of steel.

by Anonymousreply 441June 7, 2021 4:02 AM

[QUOTE] We also hate blatant greed and hollow self-promotion/aggrandizement.

Really, Klanner? And yet you worship the BRF - the greediest family on the planet, who have set themselves above all mortals since the tenth century for no reason whatsover. The ultimate 'self promotion/aggrandizement', wouldn't you say?

by Anonymousreply 442June 7, 2021 4:13 AM

[QUOTE] Why is OP's post blanked out, it was very benign so why would people F&F?

The regulars have been F&F-ing anti Meghan threads for years so they're nearly always greyed out. The elderly fraus on these threads are notorious racist trolls who are hated by regulars.

by Anonymousreply 443June 7, 2021 4:17 AM

It’s clear Harry loves and respects his grandmother and I think he wanted to drive that point home honoring her with how they named his daughter.

For all the unhinged haters it is impossible to comprehend that you can disagree with someone and still love and respect them.

by Anonymousreply 444June 7, 2021 4:18 AM

I don't get why Harry especially, but H & M decided to start dragging the Queen all the back to Philips funeral. They could hate on Kate and Will all day and I think you would have the woke publics support, but you start bringing in a 95 year old women, the beloved Queen, into the mix and people have really turned. There is very little support for them it seems now. Much less than the Oprah interview which was more positively viewed in the US.

by Anonymousreply 445June 7, 2021 4:19 AM

What color is the baby?

by Anonymousreply 446June 7, 2021 4:21 AM

[QUOTE] It's been pubic knowledge forever that Lilibet is a very special and intimate name to the Queen

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 447June 7, 2021 4:23 AM

The idiot stans can't even see how they've been markled. Proud woman of color, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 448June 7, 2021 4:25 AM

R444 he has repeatedly dragged and maligned his family, of which she is the head. Respect? Ha. Also, her fucked up parenting caused his fucked up father.

by Anonymousreply 449June 7, 2021 4:25 AM

[quote] They could have made a lovely life for themselves in California and kept on good terms with his family. But since notoriety was her goal and revenge was his, that was never going to happen.

This is it right here in a nutshell. Every decision is driven by this and it's become so obvious to everyone that it's getting ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 450June 7, 2021 4:32 AM

Lilibet was a name used almost exclusively by the Queen's beloved parents, sister, and husband. Now it's the name of a girl HM will never know and may never even meet. The Queen's private name will be merched to death by the girl's greedy, heartless parents, who spent the months before the birth accusing the BRF of racism, cruelty, and deceit, not stopping even when the family's patriarch sickened and died.

AND, this theft of her name has been done in the guise of a 'tribute' to the Queen, when at best it was selfish greed and at worst a vicious insult.

The choice of Lilibet for their daughter tells you everything you'll ever need to know about the Sussexes.

by Anonymousreply 451June 7, 2021 4:39 AM

R442 Did I say I love the BRF? Learn to fucking read. I’m amused by them, at most. However, that being said, their countrymen have a social and political understanding with them. They get the riches in exchange for the monarch being Head of State and the royal family carrying out duties to further causes and interests inside and outside the UK. The Grusome Twosome couldn’t even handle that, especially Megalomaniac, who barely carried 72 days of work. Barely two months worth of social engagements and she turned it all to shit. Yet, she’s still lusting to be affiliated with them. The desperation is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 452June 7, 2021 4:46 AM

R445 Harry clearly has mental health issues particularly rage issues. A lot of that rage was directed toward the British media (one of his ex-girlfriends reportedly told friends that he was utterly paranoid about the press and also had anger issues) and sometimes towards the "grey suits" at the Palace whom he did feel were silencing him (what they were trying to do in actuality was protect his image). Much of this is to do with the death of Diana while I also think there is some "2nd son" issues too. But since Meghan got on the scene, Harry's anger become more and more evident and re-directed towards his father. I want speculate on why that is, but I have my hunches. I actually believe he's too stupid to see he attacked the Queen in his reference to Charles' upbringing, and he's never actually attacked William and I'm not sure he would despite everything. It was Meghan who went after Catherine but Harry only talked about how he loved William to pieces. I do think he has issues with William but not to the same extent as Charles.

by Anonymousreply 453June 7, 2021 4:47 AM

Notice how the KGT always starts insulting either the poster OR the BRF (or both)? There's never any real attempt to defend Meghan because deep down, they know her behavior is indefensible.

by Anonymousreply 454June 7, 2021 4:47 AM

William has a stern 'don't fuck with me' air quite similar to Philip's. Harry may be a little intimidated by his older brother, and years of looking up to him when they were younger may keep him from acting too badly towards William. Charles, on the other hand, has always had something soft and sensitive about him, and he's indulged Harry dreadfully. Harry knows he can use Charles as his punching bag and get away with it.

The same thing happened when my borderline sister turned on my parents when she went through an emotional crisis in her late 20s. My father had always been the sterner, stricter parent, and she actually had some genuine grievances with him. But she turned all her fury on our mother, who had done nothing but spoil her rotten. It wasn't until Dad stepped in and told her to cut the shit or stay the fuck away that Bitch Sister finally calmed down.

Maybe William should do the same with Harry.

by Anonymousreply 455June 7, 2021 4:52 AM

Imagine naming your children… for spite.

by Anonymousreply 456June 7, 2021 5:25 AM

R456=A boy named Sue

by Anonymousreply 457June 7, 2021 5:27 AM

Both this name and the name "Archie" for the first one show that Meghan knows full well her children will never be called "Prince" or "Princess."

It would be ridiculous to call a child "Prince Archie" or "Princess Lilibet" when those are properly nicknames.

by Anonymousreply 458June 7, 2021 5:38 AM

One toxic, mentally disturbed generation breeding the next even more toxic, mentally disturbed generation. Those poor kids will grow up emotionally and physically isolated in an environment where their every waking moment is filled with spite, discontent and resentment.

by Anonymousreply 459June 7, 2021 5:42 AM

She knows it, and that's why the names themselves are slaps in the face to the BRF. If they'd buckled and made the Sussex children HRH Prince/Princess from birth, Harry and Meghan would have come up with more suitable names.

by Anonymousreply 460June 7, 2021 5:43 AM

It's hilarious how many people in this thread think they have intimate understanding of the interpersonal relationships between members of the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 461June 7, 2021 6:03 AM

[quote] If they'd buckled and made the Sussex children HRH Prince/Princess from birth, Harry and Meghan would have come up with more suitable names.

I have been Queen for almost 70 years. We do NOT buckle.

by Anonymousreply 462June 7, 2021 6:09 AM

Why on earth would the great-grandchildren of the monarch who are not in direct succession to the throne be prince or princess at birth, r460?

by Anonymousreply 463June 7, 2021 6:25 AM

Harry is Fredo.

by Anonymousreply 464June 7, 2021 6:28 AM

Well who didn't see this story coming......I thought maybe we'd get this in another day or two but here we go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465June 7, 2021 6:30 AM

The infant's name is...cloying

by Anonymousreply 466June 7, 2021 6:44 AM

"No one knew it at the time, but when Archie was born, Harry and Meghan were so angry with the family that they wanted nothing to do with them moving forward. That is why they broke all traditions and went with a totally new royal name," the insider went on. "Now, things have changed, and they both very much want their daughter to be part of the family, which is why they chose the name Lilibet, the Queen's childhood nickname."

Additionally, sources say that the entire clan – Harry, Meghan, 2-year-old Archie and Baby Lilibet – all plan to travel to England next summer to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.

Sources = Scobie

by Anonymousreply 467June 7, 2021 6:57 AM

Well R465, if the Queen and Charles hadn't quickly gotten on Zoom, Meghan and Harry would be on Good Morning America first thing Monday morning complaining how their newborn daughter had been snubbed by the British Royal Family because she's of mixed-race.

by Anonymousreply 468June 7, 2021 6:58 AM

[quote] Additionally, sources say that the entire clan – Harry, Meghan, 2-year-old Archie and Baby Lilibet – all plan to travel to England next summer to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.

[quote] Sources = Scobie

Scobie is a cunt and Harry & Meghan have not yet received an invitation to the Queen's Jubilee celebrations.

by Anonymousreply 469June 7, 2021 7:00 AM

They can celebrate in a pub in Bristol!

by Anonymousreply 470June 7, 2021 7:02 AM

I'm calling it now: over the next year there are going to be steps towards a reconciliation (at least on a superficial public level) between all parties. Why? Well for H&M it's good for their brand to bee seen as "forgiving." I'm sure they are thirsting over the headline "Reunited for the Jubilee" or "Lilibet meets Lilibet." Their long-term relevancy depends on having an ongoing connection with the BRF. For the monarchy, it's better for the family to appear to be on good terms and not cold or vindictive. That being said, I don't think H&M would return to any public engagements nor would they be interested in this point if they maintain their LA connections.

by Anonymousreply 471June 7, 2021 7:02 AM

As a strong WOC, you'd think Meghan would choose a more African name. Lilibet is very "white, Victorian, no blacks allowed as servants" kind of vibe.

by Anonymousreply 472June 7, 2021 7:03 AM

The passive aggressiveness I want to see is Camilla's kids getting better seats at the coronation.

by Anonymousreply 473June 7, 2021 7:03 AM

[Quote]he want his children to have their own names rather than them living in the shadows of a namesake.

Not that this would be at all like living with the name of one's larger than life iconic grandmother, but the last Princess Charlotte was a tragic figure. The only child of George IV and Caroline of Brunswick was the Princess of Wales and heir(ess?) to the throne. She was was popular and much beloved. But she died after childbirth. This set off a race among George's brothers to marry and produce the next heir (Victoria).

by Anonymousreply 474June 7, 2021 7:13 AM

R474 yes, but there have been several Princess Charlottes. It's a fairly standard royal name. There has only ever been one Diana (royally speaking).

by Anonymousreply 475June 7, 2021 7:26 AM

R474, every royal name has something sad or even sinister attached to it. There’ve been some bad Edwards, yet the name has stayed in circulation. The first William (William the Conqueror) was illegitimate (and beat up his bride to be). None of them were media celebrities like Diana, of course.

by Anonymousreply 476June 7, 2021 7:27 AM

[quote] I'm calling it now: over the next year there are going to be steps towards a reconciliation (at least on a superficial public level) between all parties. Why? Well for H&M it's good for their brand to bee seen as "forgiving." I'm sure they are thirsting over the headline "Reunited for the Jubilee" or "Lilibet meets Lilibet." Their long-term relevancy depends on having an ongoing connection with the BRF.

I don't think so. Not until Meghan is out the picture. She's poison. She's tungsten. And you know there is only one thing that can destroy tungsten?

by Anonymousreply 477June 7, 2021 7:30 AM

Hell the first royal Elizabeth (Edward IV's consort) was accused of being a witch and a whore.

by Anonymousreply 478June 7, 2021 7:36 AM

R25 - even for the (many) DL-ers who don't like kids, I think we can all agree that Prince George is one adorable and funny little gayling and his brother a real character with how he imitates the Queen waving and made faces at Meghan and put on her glasses. Something must be in the woman's genes, because Kate makes awesome baby boys.

by Anonymousreply 479June 7, 2021 8:46 AM

[Quote]made faces at Meghan and put on her glasses.

???

by Anonymousreply 480June 7, 2021 8:51 AM

R480 - yeah, saw that in a pap shot of them at the park. Meghan had shown up with newborn Archie in a large dress and sunglasses. Next thing you know, Louis was wearing the glasses and making funny faces and running around cracking himself up. Those are two funny kids. I am pretty sure George will be gay and his little brother seems like a prankster. I think kids who always laugh and have fun instead of scream all the time usually grow up to be pretty cool adults. I mean, people don't change all that much.

by Anonymousreply 481June 7, 2021 9:15 AM

There's a rumor about some kind of big charity concert where they're going to show the baby to the public for the first time. Has anybody heard about this?

by Anonymousreply 482June 7, 2021 9:24 AM

Thanks, r481. Now I remember the outing. The Tindalls were there also. IIRC there was tension between Kate and Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 483June 7, 2021 9:25 AM

^^^ you can't tell because Kate is always smiling on command. Not a problem with her but the smile is always sort of "on".

by Anonymousreply 484June 7, 2021 9:36 AM

“No photos at this time” = it’s a boss-eyed ginger minger like Archie.

by Anonymousreply 485June 7, 2021 11:33 AM

r411 here, looks like I hit a NEVRE, lol. The same troll or similar trolls keep implying that something is wrong with me when it is they who are obviously deranged and mentally ill in their obsession with all things Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 486June 7, 2021 12:33 PM

It’s lovely the way they tied the names to the women that mean the most to Harry, Meghan is represented as well.

When Meghan was a little girl her mother used to call her by the nickname flower.

Lilibet - Lili - flower and of course the middle name Diana.

by Anonymousreply 487June 7, 2021 12:55 PM

Does American on the whole give a shit about Meghan and Harry? I know we talk a lot about them here, but out in the real world, how popular/relevant are they?

So they did Oprah and have a podcast, and? They probably want to be superstars here, but I can’t see it sticking. They will never reach a tenth of the popularity of Diana.

If I were them, I’d take my millions and relax out in sunny California in my beautiful home and enjoy being a lazy, rich person. Keep running the mental health foundation behind the scenes and give up the drama.

by Anonymousreply 488June 7, 2021 12:56 PM

[quote] Their long-term relevancy depends on having an ongoing connection with the BRF.

That would be true if they were still in the UK but they aren’t, they are Americans now and those who like Americans don’t give a shit about royalty except pathetic queens who wish they were royals.

by Anonymousreply 489June 7, 2021 1:02 PM

R487 Oh please. Without even going into the shit they've stirred to undermine the Queen's life's work, they appropriated her very personal childhood nickname, the pet name only her nearest and dearest used. Now it's kind of spoiled, frankly.

by Anonymousreply 490June 7, 2021 1:12 PM

What would that be, R477?

by Anonymousreply 491June 7, 2021 1:15 PM

[quote]When they maligned *some* members of the BRF and spoke of “genetic trauma”, they maligned the Queen herself.

It's been said several times, but it seems worth repeating; when they malign the BRF, they malign QEII. They can suck up to her all they like, but she can't be happy that they are throwing Chuck - her heir - under the bus and throwing shade to the best hope for the future of the BRF, Wills & Kate.

Now that Harry's shot his wad on Oprah & Di 2.0 is here, expect lots of talking of "healing" & "reconciliation", but I expect they'll find the world is chillier place for now - with or without Gayle King & Scobie

by Anonymousreply 492June 7, 2021 1:15 PM

Oh, grow up R487 If HM meant fuck all to dickless Harry he wouldn’t have been taking pot shots at her and rhe monarchy she’s devoted 70 years to as he has been recently.

These cunts need the association to the BRF to make money. That’s it.

And no nowhere have they so much as mentioned Doria, so stop making shit up.

by Anonymousreply 493June 7, 2021 1:17 PM

R481, it was a polo match. Meghan was said to show up because Harry had disappeared. She did not actually interact with any of the Cambridges directly, the sunglasses belonged to Catherine.

Meghan was not seen to feed or change the baby over several hours, it had a flexed foot in all of the photos and did not even have a sunhat, thus giving rise to the doll speculation. Adam Bidwell, Haz's great "chum" was there as well and did interact with Meg. I think that may have been the incident where Meghan started going through the back of Harry's car and was stopped by security. If I recall correctly, he may have gone to Africa for a trip almost immediately thereafter.

by Anonymousreply 494June 7, 2021 1:23 PM

How to break tungsten

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495June 7, 2021 1:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496June 7, 2021 1:24 PM

R494 Literally the only people who have “speculated” about a doll (and indeed a moonbump) are morons. And there is no evidence of any kind that she was “stopped by security” for going through the back of Harry’s car. None.

I can’t bear these two and I would really love somewhere to discuss that without the infestation of menopausal hags who believe every unfounded rumour and conspiracy theory on Tumblr. Just fuck off, will you.

by Anonymousreply 497June 7, 2021 1:28 PM

The Harkles have apparently realised that they look like rampant cynical hypocrites for playing the race card with the BRF but naming their kid after its matriarch to curry favour with her, but not remotely mentioning Meghan's black Mum.

So now there is an article up, clearly via a leak from Sunshine Sachs, that actually the name is also a nod to Doria because . . . Doria's nickname for Meghan was "flower", and Lilibet is going to be called "Lili" in the family, and as a lily is a flower . . . the name also recognises Megnan's black Mum.

As always, caught red-handed trying to play both ends against the middle, the Harkles rush to cover their tracks.

With an afterthought in response to criticism so lame that a more lame one is hard to imagine.

by Anonymousreply 498June 7, 2021 2:35 PM

Sorry, forgot link . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499June 7, 2021 2:45 PM

Has Harry ghosted Bidwell too? They used to be inseparable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500June 7, 2021 2:50 PM

It’s hard for me to imagine how they come up with these shitty names.

But then I recently met a woman who just named her newborn “Caden,” and I thought those names were over a decade ago. I just don’t understand how people can be so trashy.

When my sister had her daughter, she chose a very old, classic name. All the women on her husband’s side of the family gave her a hard time about it, suggesting these really trashy, trendy names. It was so weird.

by Anonymousreply 501June 7, 2021 3:09 PM

Lillibet is a sweet name. Elizabeth has so many variations; it's wonderful that an otherwise obscure version won't fade from the public sphere. Lilibet is darling, unique, and shortens easily to Lily.

by Anonymousreply 502June 7, 2021 3:13 PM

R502 Yes, it!s also a very private family nickname for a woman who has almost nothing private at all. And these two clowns apparently didn’t even ask permission. What part of that don’t you get?

by Anonymousreply 503June 7, 2021 3:17 PM

It appears HM was pleased.

by Anonymousreply 504June 7, 2021 3:21 PM

The Narkles have stated they will call her Lili.

by Anonymousreply 505June 7, 2021 3:21 PM

R19 - Harry had a very close friend while in the Army named Archie and that is where they came up with the name. Also, Archibald is a fairly common name in the British aristocracy.

by Anonymousreply 506June 7, 2021 3:23 PM

But the name was not part of the "public sphere" r502, it was part of the private sphere, just for within the family. By naming their daughter Lilibet, Harry and Meghan are trying to publicly claim a level of private intimacy with a woman they have just just all over. Even worse, the Queen may never get to meet her younger namesake because Harry and Meghan moved to the US to get away from Harry's country, which the Queen symbolises, and they barely return.

Why not just call the baby Elizabeth?

by Anonymousreply 507June 7, 2021 3:23 PM

R404 “Appears” where? In your menopausal imagination?

Go slap on another patch and find another forum. This one is for gay men.

by Anonymousreply 508June 7, 2021 3:24 PM

It's pretty indefensible. Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 509June 7, 2021 3:25 PM

R503 - How do you know that the Sussexes did not discuss the new babies name with QEII and get her blessing?

How do you know what really want on between the Sussexes and QEII with regards to the name of their new daughter?????

by Anonymousreply 510June 7, 2021 3:25 PM

Is there a gay angle to this story?

by Anonymousreply 511June 7, 2021 3:27 PM

If they liked the name Lily they could have called her that and said it was inspired by “Lilibet”. But no...after trashing her life’s work they have to crawl up HM’s arse to keep the money coming in.

Only the stupidest of fat cows could possibly think that’s OK.

by Anonymousreply 512June 7, 2021 3:27 PM

R510 Several reports saying HM was not asked permission and was “surprised” by the choice.

May be bollocks, but it’s more than your desparate assumptions.

Is there are a gay angle to the story? No...there’s a gay angle to the fucking forum. Get losr.

Oh and stop with the QEIi shit. To us Brits, that’s a ship. Only clueless Americans would call her that.

by Anonymousreply 513June 7, 2021 3:31 PM

"Surprised" sounds like an understatement.

by Anonymousreply 514June 7, 2021 3:35 PM

[quote] Why on earth would the great-grandchildren of the monarch who are not in direct succession to the throne be prince or princess at birth, [R460]?

Ask Meghan. She said she did not know that when Archie was born.

by Anonymousreply 515June 7, 2021 3:46 PM

Markle is so aggressively clueless. I would love to hear more dirt from the “Suits” set. Interesting that MM managed to keep it together on “Suits” but couldn’t deal at all once she joined the RF.

by Anonymousreply 516June 7, 2021 3:50 PM

Here's my view about the name Lilibet Diana.

Diana was definitely an "honor" name for Harry's late mother. It was obvious that the name would be chosen.

Lilibet is a very intimate and personal moniker ONLY used for the Queen by those closest to her (father, mother, sister, husband). Some may see it as an honor name. I have a different opinion. It was "a middle finger, fuck you, we'll use it if we want to" kind of choice. In my opinion, the Sussexes would do nothing out of love for anyone in the supposedly racist, cold-hearted, horrid Royal Family. Lilibet was chosen for Harry & Meghan to pretend they're still associated with the Royal Family so they can merchandise the hell out of it in the future

by Anonymousreply 517June 7, 2021 3:54 PM

r513 Is it too much to ask that every story posted on DL have a gay angle??

by Anonymousreply 518June 7, 2021 4:00 PM

R515 - It is only male line grandchildren of the UK sovereign that are HRHs at birth. Both Archie & Lili will be HRHs when Charles III ascends the throne unless Charles III issues new specific Letters Patent to restrict the uses of HRH by the Sussex children.

by Anonymousreply 519June 7, 2021 4:02 PM

518 I think that is a big ask, actually. Who decides what has a “gay angle”? I like reading a gay take (iyswim) on standard stories too. But that’s just me.

by Anonymousreply 520June 7, 2021 4:07 PM

A meme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521June 7, 2021 4:08 PM

Poor little mite. Reminds me of that story of a child being conceived so they could give their older sibling a kidney or bone marrow. Or the ones who are just a child support check to their mothers.

Humans are terrible.

by Anonymousreply 522June 7, 2021 4:09 PM

The name serves 2 purposes. First is the one I’d mentioned up thread, which is it allows for limitless merching opportunities on the technicality that it is THEIR daughter’s name, not the Queen’s. Second, it is a big fuck you to all the talk about possibility of rescinding their royal titles. It’s Harry and Meghan saying ‘go ahead we dare you to take away our titles, we’ll just commercialize Lilibet even more to compensate for it’. It’s not a conciliatory move at all but the opposite.

For a self-proclaimed egalitarian feminist, Meghan really loves piggybacking on the backs of men and women belonging to privileged class, doesn’t she? Even in the naming of her children she comes across as status-conscious and self-promotional. Of course she’s not going to name the baby after Doria. Doria isn’t the one with money and status.

by Anonymousreply 523June 7, 2021 4:15 PM

R518, you’d have to shut down half of the threads here if that was the case.

by Anonymousreply 524June 7, 2021 4:16 PM

[quote]Lilibet was chosen for Harry & Meghan to pretend they're still associated with the Royal Family so they can merchandise the hell out of it in the future

Eh, that is an incredibly cynical move even by Harkle standards, but unfortunately, you're probably right

by Anonymousreply 525June 7, 2021 4:18 PM

They’ll try for a baby/ girl’s clothing line, L by Lilibet, available at Target. Made in Vietnam by little slave kids. All proceeds go to Archewell Foundation, a for-profit charity registered in Delaware.

by Anonymousreply 526June 7, 2021 4:25 PM

I love when parents (not limited to these fucking idiots) don't realize that their babies won't be babies forever. These are going to be 30, 40+ year old people... with the legal names Archie and Lilibet.

by Anonymousreply 527June 7, 2021 4:25 PM

Yes, I regard the name choice as an aggressive move.

by Anonymousreply 528June 7, 2021 4:28 PM

Arch is a rather awesome nickname.

Lili is a pretty awesome nickname.

Who thought Harry would outlast Henry?

by Anonymousreply 529June 7, 2021 4:30 PM

“Lilibet” reminds me of “Lilliput”.

And also the way my European father said “little bit” (e.g., “I’ll have a Lilibet of that ham, with a Lilibet of that mustard”)

by Anonymousreply 530June 7, 2021 4:30 PM

It’s Meghan’s way of ensuring her daughter will give her status even if she loses her title.

by Anonymousreply 531June 7, 2021 4:33 PM

Good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 532June 7, 2021 4:33 PM

This shit show will never stop.

by Anonymousreply 533June 7, 2021 4:36 PM

I'm no Harry and Meghan stan (especially not Meghan), but these two would be raked through the coals no matter what they named their kids. I sort of understand why Meghan gets the hate (though I think it's overboard), but Harry seems like a good guy. Troubled, but a good guy, nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 534June 7, 2021 4:38 PM

R534 he's a whiny sack of shit who has been picking at the same wound for 25 years.

by Anonymousreply 535June 7, 2021 4:42 PM

The Scobie article that suggests how VERY different things are between the Sussexes and the BRF now shows that the grey rocking is working. The Sussexes have belatedly realized how much they need the BRF and are trying to build back some of those burned bridges. It seems likely that the BRF will be coolly welcoming, invite them to major events, but keep an emotional distance--which will be easy since Harry and Meghan now live thousands of miles away. That's the only way to deal with toxic family members.

by Anonymousreply 536June 7, 2021 4:48 PM

R534 I don’t think that’s true at all, they would not have been ‘raked over the coals’ for ANY other name - other than Diana as a first name, or something really weird like Avocado. This to me is the most shocking one they could have chosen - under the circumstances and even NOT under the circumstances - and all bundled up in sweetness. Amazing. People who know nothing of the Queen’s life will think it’s adorbs, of course.

by Anonymousreply 537June 7, 2021 4:54 PM

Compared to all the drama Meaghan brought to the BRF, the queen is probably thinking, "perhaps Diana wasn't so bad after all!"

A well-played "fuck you" to H&M would be for her to have Diana's HRH status reinstated.

by Anonymousreply 538June 7, 2021 4:56 PM

If the Sussexes wanted their children to have proper names befitting the prince/princess they wish their children to be, they'd have gone with something like Arthur and Alice. Arthur is like the grown-up version of Archie (nobody in their right mind would ever want to be named Archibald). Alice is not as close to Lilibet, but it has some of the same sounds and would be a nice hat-tip to royal tradition.

Arthur Philip Charles and Alice Elizabeth Diana would have been lovely, traditional names that would have smoothed feathers instead of ruffling them.

by Anonymousreply 539June 7, 2021 5:00 PM

Harry is not a harmless guy. He’s part of the celebrity crowd that misuse the term mental health to define concerns such as ineffective coping skills, regretful personal choices, and negative yet normal feelings of situational distress. He is harmful not harmless. Harry is an entitled whiner who thinks his own experiences are universal. He’s such a clueless dumbfuck that he actually encouraged others (via his tv show) to follow his example of doing a good, neighborly deed every day. Once you do that, says Harry, you can go back to enjoying and relaxing for the rest of the day. Then critics of course pointed out that most people have to work the rest of the day, so they won’t go without a roof over their heads.

Harry is the royal dolt who equates getting a paper cut to being attacked with a machete. He is that fucking clueless and lacking self-awareness. To paraphrase the late Molly Ivins who said of George W. Bush, this is a guy who was born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a home run.

by Anonymousreply 540June 7, 2021 5:01 PM

Agreed, R537. If they'd gone with Lily and said it was a nod to the Queen I'd have thought the Sussexes had finally managed to stumble upon a nice gesture.

by Anonymousreply 541June 7, 2021 5:01 PM

[quote]Harry is the royal dolt who equates getting a paper cut to being attacked with a machete.

Nicely said, R540.

by Anonymousreply 542June 7, 2021 5:02 PM

R527 - The Sussexes have stated that they will call her Lili.

by Anonymousreply 543June 7, 2021 5:04 PM

They claim they had HM's permission but Meghan seems to have a personal philosophy of "Let's not but say we did."

by Anonymousreply 544June 7, 2021 5:05 PM

What’s that quote about when you present something as a fait accompli, and worry about the consequences later.

by Anonymousreply 545June 7, 2021 5:09 PM

"Arthur Philip Charles and Alice Elizabeth Diana would have been lovely, traditional names that would have smoothed feathers instead of ruffling them."

R539 - How do you know that the name "Lilibet" ruffled the feathers of QEII? No one else in the BRF really counts as long as QEII is alive.

I realize the name caused the British tabloids to get their knickers in a wad but I highly doubt the Sussexes care what the British tabloids on any members of the BRF other than QEII.

by Anonymousreply 546June 7, 2021 5:11 PM

I don't know r545 but Doria never actually appeared at Sandringham for Christmas, did she?

by Anonymousreply 547June 7, 2021 5:12 PM

I think Lilibet was a vandictive move. It is known they were upset when they lost use of their HRH and when the Queen denied them use of the world "Royal" for their charitable foundation. I think this was a fuck you to her.

R536 Can you post that Scobie article? I just read a quote from him saying he wasn't sure if this was an "olive branch" but more a reflection of how fond they are of the Queen. One thing, however, I think Scobie has as much insider information anymore. I get the sense that now that they are in America, Scobie isn't as important to them, and his comment on that Discovery documentary about "Meghan was wrong about Archie's title" landed him in hot water.

Now, the Radar article (and I think Radar is in the Sunshine Sach's PR list) suggests that perhaps there is a move towards patching things up at least on a public level. A someone else pointed out, it would be better for both camps if there is some kind of public truce. It's better for the Sussexes' PR so they can be seen as being gracious and forgiving and for the monarchy it will show a move to appear to be listening to the "criticism" level against them (even if H&M's story are largely BS).

That being said, as long as Meghan is in the picture there will never be a full reconciliation with Harry because they are too unpredictable.

by Anonymousreply 548June 7, 2021 5:19 PM

As Harry and La Markle are such devout anti-racism champions, they should have given their kids black names. The baby should have been named Ma'Khia Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 549June 7, 2021 5:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550June 7, 2021 5:36 PM

I'm saying, you can't be woke and support Meghan and Harry. Let's get real here, they wanted to still perform royal engagements, they refuse to give up their titles, they want publicly funded security, they name their kids after royals, they want to be at the Jubliee etc etc. They are royal and until they give that all up, they are part of an oppressive system! Meghan plays the race card because if she didn't no one would buy her shit for a second. But it's the reality of the world were are in right now where if you're not white you are above all criticism (unless you are a POC who is not woke or not a democrat).

by Anonymousreply 551June 7, 2021 5:58 PM

As anyone who is in a WASP family knows, noisy interlopers who think they can storm into the family and change it to suit their purposes get frozen out.

Of course H&M will be invited to big family events. Of course the RF will issue mild congratulations on social media on noteworthy occasions—like the birth of a baby. But that will be the extent of it.

Even the members of the RF that H&M allegedly still speak to—Beatrice and Eugenia—have done zero to show public signs of support.

H&M are toast. They know it. Hence the desperate baby naming ploy. These nitwits truly have a tin ear about absolutely everything.

That said, I think Lilibet is a cute name. I imagine there will be a whole crop of babies named it now.

by Anonymousreply 552June 7, 2021 6:01 PM

"Chief Impact Officer" makes me think of some episode of Silicon Valley in which Pied Piper hires a "prince" to promote their brand, only to discover he spends his days downloading porn & smoking weed with Erlich. Hilarity ensues when the ball-busting "princess" shows up to conduct gender sensitivity training...

by Anonymousreply 553June 7, 2021 6:03 PM

R552, yesterday Eugenie posted a new photo of August, no mention of Lili.

by Anonymousreply 554June 7, 2021 6:11 PM

[quote] Eugenie posted a new photo of August, no mention of Lili.

Eugenie has always been the cunt of the bunch.

by Anonymousreply 555June 7, 2021 6:13 PM

Patching things up and not giving any more disastrous interviews might also convince the Palace to not release the results of the workplace abuse investigation. Those results could seriously impact Meghan's image, especially since some of the women she allegedly mistreated are of color. It's in Harry and Meghan's best interests to play nice. (It's ALWAYS been in their best interests, but perhaps they are finally starting to get it.)

by Anonymousreply 556June 7, 2021 6:14 PM

R553 yes!

by Anonymousreply 557June 7, 2021 6:16 PM

Where did the rumour that Archie was George's nickname come from? It seems unlikely. His name is George Alexander Louis - how could you get Archie from that?

by Anonymousreply 558June 7, 2021 6:22 PM

R588 There was a story (long before Markle showed up) of George telling a stranger his name was Archie. I don’t think it was a nickname as such.

George probably had a little friend called Archie and pretended to be him for fun, or something. It’s the kind of thing very small children do.

by Anonymousreply 559June 7, 2021 6:28 PM

R556 Yeah personally I think them patching things up would best for everyone in the long run, but I'm not 100% certain they are actually looking for make up. They basically have to appear to be in the Queen's good books because to go against her directly would be a step too far. But I still don't think they give a shit about Charles or William.

You know H&M are turning me into a monarchist and I hate them for it LOL.

by Anonymousreply 560June 7, 2021 6:33 PM

[quote]Is this a gay angle to all this?

Yes - upon hearing the name, Prince George said, "Oh, that's a DARLING name" and then did a little song and dance routine to "Lilibet Diana" with a little top hat and cane. His parents gave each other worried looks.

by Anonymousreply 561June 7, 2021 6:33 PM

R558, it may have been his security code name, anyway, this is where it came from

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562June 7, 2021 6:37 PM

The story about George introducing himself as Archie to strangers came from Marie Claire or People or both or some other magazine. It's been repeated here in various threads with links to the original reporting.

by Anonymousreply 563June 7, 2021 6:38 PM

Eugénie actually did congratulate her “dear cousins” on her Instagram story yesterday. That’s the section of Instagram where posts disappear after 24 hours. It might still be there. I don’t think Beatrice is on Instagram. Edo is, but he confines it mainly to his work projects.

by Anonymousreply 564June 7, 2021 6:42 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Omid Scobie, a journalist favoured by Harry and Meghan, has revealed that the couple are now taking time off work together. He said: ‘We're so used to seeing senior royals going back to work but Harry and Meghan are leading by example they offer up to 20 weeks parental leave at Archewell - it'll be several months off work for the pair of them’.

Asked if the tribute to Her Majesty could heal the wounds caused by the couple's damaging transatlantic truth bombs in recent weeks, Mr Scobie added in an interview with Good Morning America: 'I don’t know about an olive branch but it shows how close they've always been with the Queen.'

by Anonymousreply 565June 7, 2021 6:52 PM

‘Truth’ bombs? More like slander bombs.

by Anonymousreply 566June 7, 2021 6:59 PM

American at r510, "Lilibet" isn't even a proper name. The name is Elizabeth. The royal family does not officially give "cute" diminutives as official names and the Queen would be the last one to agree to something like that. Harry's name is actually Henry. Kate is always referred to as Catherine.

Lilibet has always been a private name, it has never been publicly used by the Queen or any other member of the royal family. By choosing this name, Harry and Meghan are trying to reassert that they are Windsors, while shitting all over the Windsors.

Let's also not forget how Harry and Meghan don't give a shit about the Queen and the royal family and their daughter will probably never even meet the Queen. If Harry really wanted to follow the Queen's wishes, then the first thing she would want from him is to patch it up with his father and brother.

by Anonymousreply 567June 7, 2021 7:03 PM

"Lilibet" is a very private nickname. According to which story you read, it came about when either Elizabeth herself or her sister Princess Margaret tried unsuccessfully to pronounce Elizabeth and King George VI repeated their attempts. Over the course of her life, Elizabeth herself has used it but given less than a dozen of family members and close friends permission to address her as such. I'm sure she never gave such permission to Harry much less that woman.

by Anonymousreply 568June 7, 2021 7:11 PM

Appropriating the intimate and private name of Lilibet is just plain vulgar after the way they've behaved towards the Royal Family. Just when you think they Sussexes can't stoop any lower, they find a way to do so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569June 7, 2021 7:11 PM

They’ve reached Kardashian levels of tackiness with their kids’ names.

I should not have thought it possible.

by Anonymousreply 570June 7, 2021 7:15 PM

"Patching things up and not giving any more disastrous interviews might also convince the Palace to not release the results of the workplace abuse investigation."

R556 - The results of that investigation need to be release. The entire 100% truth, whatever it is, needs to come out.

by Anonymousreply 571June 7, 2021 7:23 PM

Hasn't the Palace turned over the investigation to another authority?

by Anonymousreply 572June 7, 2021 7:26 PM

To anyone who wants to trigger Sussex Squad, please vote Catherine as the most beautiful woman of 2021. She is presently 49.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573June 7, 2021 7:38 PM

Catherine now #35 and climbing, R573.

by Anonymousreply 574June 7, 2021 7:40 PM

The emasculation of Harry is complete.

by Anonymousreply 575June 7, 2021 7:43 PM

R450, he's not going to make it in California, because he doesn't understand the culture and doesn't have the BRF to back him up or cover for him. They both could have had an amazing life in England, but she was too unaware of her real options when she blew it there. That is really the only place where she could have gotten the best mileage out of her relationship with him. If she had worked at all at fitting in, She could have made him better at keeping his commitments and that would have really raised her status. Charles would have glad to have them working for the Firm as he very much wanted that for both his sons. Once they had the solid backing of Charles, she would have been part of the top of the food chain and the tabloids would have backed off as they finally did with Kate.

by Anonymousreply 576June 7, 2021 7:44 PM

[quote] The royal family does not officially give "cute" diminutives as official names and the Queen would be the last one to agree to something like that. Harry's name is actually Henry. Kate is always referred to as Catherine.

Harry's name is actually Henry, but it was announced at his birth he would always go by "Harry" (which was Diana's wish) and he is referred to as such by everyone not only in the royal family but even in most announcements from the palace.

Kate Cambridge is different--she has always gone by "Catherine" except apparently to a few of the Middletons who call her "Kate." But William and her close friends and other members of the royal family always call her "Catherine"--it's just the tabloids started calling her "Kate" as soon as she became famous so her name would fit in their headlines. (This is the same reason why the British tabloids call Madonna "Madge" and Michael Jackson "Jacko.") By this point almost everyone, even prissy Dataloungers who have an attack of the vapors if you refer to Diana, Princess of Wales as "Princess Diana," still refers to her in the 3rd person as "Kate" because that's how she's known--but no one in her actual life (except maybe one of her siblings) calls her "Kate" anymore.

"Lilibet" is another matter altogether. Kate and Harry are now officially free (as they would not have been fifteen years ago) to name their child whatever they want--the monarch only has a say for the naming of the first six in line to the throne. (If Kate has another child, it will be sixth in line, and she and William would have to get the queen's permission for the name, and it would have to be a name with royal precedent.)

If Harry and Meghan asked the queen for permission to name the child Lilibet (which iIhope they did--it is common courtesy to ask someone if you're going to name your child after them), it would have been in an unofficial capacity, as Harry's grandmother. Since the child is eighth in line to the throne, they do not need to get the queen's official permission,

by Anonymousreply 577June 7, 2021 7:47 PM

M&H claim they asked HM's permission to use Lilibet but of course they didn't. It's so much easier to claim they did without bothering to do so. Remember when Doria was invited to Christmas at Sandringham?

by Anonymousreply 578June 7, 2021 7:56 PM

[quote] M&H claim they asked HM's permission to use Lilibet but of course they didn't.

How on earth do you possible know this?

by Anonymousreply 579June 7, 2021 7:58 PM

R577 Unnecessary lecture because we know all that.

The point made stands...the royal family do not give cute nicknames as official names. Harry’s OFFICIAL name is Henry.

And it doesn’t matter if HM gave her permission or not (apparently they did not ask permission) - it’s still repulsive for them to appropriate a private name for a woman they’ve been trashing for the past 6 months. They are truly scum.

by Anonymousreply 580June 7, 2021 8:00 PM

[quote] but of course they didn't.

Did Buckingham Palace announce they did not, or are you just assuming?

by Anonymousreply 581June 7, 2021 8:01 PM

We know the Queen is agreeable and dislikes drama, especially at her age, so if she was asked in advance about the name, we can safely guess she was magnanimous and didn't forbid it. We also know the Queen is comfortable with tradition and doing what's appropriate, so we can assume she's not thrilled.

by Anonymousreply 582June 7, 2021 8:15 PM

IF Harry and Meghan did inform the Queen they would be naming the baby after her, here's how conversation would go.

Harry: Hi Gran, I just wanted to inform you that we're naming the baby after you.

The Queen: Oh that's lovely. Elizabeth has served me well for many years.

Harry: Yeah, yeah (Meghan screaming in the background: Tell her, tell her).

Harry: Well, as long as we have your blessing. That's great. Bye Granny.

I highly doubt that they told her THE NAME Lilibet. They MAY have said "Lily" but I have a feeling they were VERY VAGUE and just said that they're honoring her with the name. The Queen probably thought they were going for Elizabeth.

by Anonymousreply 583June 7, 2021 8:24 PM

The Sussexes have a sketchy relationship with the truth. Any suggestion by them that they had the Queen’s consent deserves a side-eye.

by Anonymousreply 584June 7, 2021 8:33 PM

Harry: Shouldn't we tell Grandma?

Meghan: Oh, let's not and say that we dud,

by Anonymousreply 585June 7, 2021 8:44 PM

I’d love to listen in on the private conversation between the RF about Harry and Meghan naming their daughter after the Queen’s pet name. I’d imagine the conversation being something along the lines of ‘Can you imagine they actually did that? How attention-seeking and gauche”.

Today of course it’s been leaked that the OG Lilibet has already met little merching Lilibet via Zoom. Gee, I wonder which camp leaked that information? Could it be the camp that publicly claim to want privacy while blasting private details of their lives to the press? Fucking mini-Lilibet is less than a week old and has already had her private life uncovered for all to see.

by Anonymousreply 586June 7, 2021 8:47 PM

DL's Patron Saint Weighs In

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587June 7, 2021 8:55 PM

Will Lili look like this in the future?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588June 7, 2021 9:04 PM

I mean...fuck the lady who actually spends time with your kids, aka her only grandchildren

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589June 7, 2021 9:11 PM

Not a chance, R588. Markle only looks decent because of all the work she’s had done & Harry has small piggy eyes and a massive nose.

Sorry, but neither of those kids will be lookers. Until they’ve had surgery, of course.

by Anonymousreply 590June 7, 2021 9:15 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591June 7, 2021 9:23 PM

Poor Doria. I know how she feels. I once spent a lot of time helping my brother write and edit a reasearch article.

When it was published, he didn’t even thank me in the acknowledgements, but made a big show of “dedicating” the article to the memory of a recently deceased step-cousin we hardly knew. (My brother perceived step uncle to be a prominent person who could help his career.)

I think my brother later had egg on his face when it became known that step-cousin had been a big ole druggie and had died of a drug overdose.

ANYWAY...I was always the person who hand held my brother through all his grad school applications. I even intervened when he was initially rejected by the program he really wanted. I’ve never received a single syllable of thank you or acknowledgement.

But I daresay Doria might see this all blow up in Meg’s face if she hangs in there long enough.

by Anonymousreply 592June 7, 2021 9:25 PM

R534 - If you think Harry is a troubled but good guy, you've missed a great deal - his streak of cruelty for one thing, experienced by his girlfriends, and occasionally his polo ponies - one of the things covered up by the BRF was his physical abuse toward sex workers whilst serving in the military. He is not a nice boy with some "issues". He's a dumb, resentful, mean-spirited, self-entitled bastard with some "issues". Meghan was probably the first woman who was tougher and who could use his meanness to her advantage by channeling it away from her and toward - well, everyone else.

Meanwhile, I'm giving evens that the Harkles speed to England and Frogmore Cottage for the summer, so the baby can be christened by the Archbishop of Canterbury as Archie was, and the Queen can "get to know" Lilibet and Archie, and they can nail their royal flag to the mast again. I will also lay evens that Eugenie and Jack will be godparents - it is clear that Eugenie is pro-Sussex.

I suspect that Eugenie, who was always the sharper tool in the York box, resents Kate and hates Charles for keeping her and her sister out of the ranks of working royals. I suspect she also blames the Queen and Charles for not being more supportive of Andrew in his fall into disgrace.

Her anger is misdirected: had Andrew done what people begged him to do ten years ago and dropped Epstein, the York girls, especially the more ambitious Eugenie, would have been perfectly placed to replace the Sussexes. But because of her father's stupidity, the Palace has made it clear that the replacement will be the Wessexes.

Bea, in contrast, has a placid, slack nature. All she's ever wanted was a handsome beau who would romance her and then marry her, and take her off into a soft privileged life in which to raise a family. And that's exactly what Bea got. I also suspect that Edo is quite shrewd and knows that the long game goes to the Queen, Charles, William and Kate. I note that (at least as far as I know), no Congrats came from Bea and Edo.

All this is understood at the Palace, where everything is done like Special Ops - in code. The rearrangement of the family website is a code, so was the Telegraph interview with the Wessexes, so was removal of Harry's HRH from the card at the exhibition of Diana's dresses.

And so is the Harkles' sweet Fuck You to the Queen by using "LIlibet", and so is Eugenie's little knife in the back of the family she blames for her father's debacle, and for being pushed aside for Kate.

by Anonymousreply 593June 7, 2021 9:27 PM

I find these types of drawings both tacky and creepy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594June 7, 2021 9:29 PM

[quote]The girl was named Lili because Doria always called Rachel "Flower" as a little girl!

Megs forgot to mention that Doria called her "Carrion flower".

[quote]Carrion flowers, also known as corpse flowers or stinking flowers, are flowers that emit an odor that smells like rotting flesh. Carrion flowers attract mostly scavenging flies and beetles as pollinators. Some species may trap the insects temporarily to ensure the gathering and transfer of pollen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595June 7, 2021 9:29 PM

Meghan: Remember how you always called me Flower?

Doria: No

Meghan: Listen up, woman. I’m telling you now so that I don’t have to tell you again later.

🙄

by Anonymousreply 596June 7, 2021 9:29 PM

I thought Carrion is the remains of corpses and other dead animals. If this is quote for Meghan, I guess I am right.

by Anonymousreply 597June 7, 2021 9:38 PM

[quote]A well-played "fuck you" to H&M would be for her to have Diana's HRH status reinstated.

This is a perfect example of how nuts you fuckers are.

On the contrary, it would be a beautiful olive branch. Diana is still very loved by many people and reinstating her HRH would be giving her the respect she deserved but didn't get. It should have been reinstated after her death.

I'm sure this would mean a lot and make Harry very happy.

by Anonymousreply 598June 7, 2021 9:44 PM

There is an interview out there somewhere in which Doria mentions that her per name for Meghan is "flower". I remember seeing it before their wedding.

by Anonymousreply 599June 7, 2021 9:46 PM

Markle haters:We eat shit. We eat shit. We love shit. Shit, shit, shit.

The rest of DL:

Markle haters: Shit. Shit. Why does everything smell like shit? You want some shit? We eat shit.

The rest of DL: Uh. . . no.

by Anonymousreply 600June 7, 2021 9:51 PM

We're nearing the end of this thread. I'm not going to start a new one. You can post on the other threads about the same subject. I'm kind of chuffed because this is my first thread that reached the magic number of 600. I know it's silly but I need something to live for. LOL. Thank you all for participating.

by Anonymousreply 601June 7, 2021 9:52 PM

Maybe Eugenie has been designated to take ‘em for the team.

by Anonymousreply 602June 7, 2021 9:52 PM

R593 I like your analysis.

I am going to disagree on two things though (obviously, just my opinion).

1) I don’t think Markle has the guts to set foot in the UK. She’s a coward which is why she ran away to Canada rather than be around people who detested her (because of the way she treated them).

2) Eugenie’s congrats were as generic as everyone else’s - she had to put something up. Her father apparently detests Markle & Fergie was texting Piers Morgan during the Oprah fallout telling him to ‘keep it up” or something. I’d also bet my house that HM absolutely loathes Markle....I just don’t think she’s the fluffy peacemaker she’s imagined to be. So I can’t see Eugenie being all buddy buddy with Smug and Mug given all that. I think the entire family is sickened by them.

by Anonymousreply 603June 7, 2021 9:52 PM

Of course, the Queen gave permission. The rift has healed and all is forgiven. The Queen has probably completely forgotten all about the Oprah interview it was so very, very long ago.

Is THAT more believable to you R579 R581 ?

by Anonymousreply 604June 8, 2021 12:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!