Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Martha Plimpton is a CARRADINE??!!

I had no idea.

I just learned this from Fear the Walking Dead.

Her father - who apparently is Keith Carradine - made his debut on the show, and referenced his "daughter Martha."

I was like, "No way!" Lo and behold, she's his daughter.

I've been watching her since "The Goonies," and had no idea of her Hollywood heritage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 18, 2021 1:58 AM

She also fucked River Phoenix to death and aborted his their baby.

She did become a great comedy actress though.

by Anonymousreply 1May 17, 2021 8:20 AM

Holy cats! How have i not known this all for all these years?

by Anonymousreply 2May 17, 2021 8:23 AM

They seem to also have a close connection with Garrett Dillahunt.

So Keith Carradine and Garrett Dillahunt were both on "Deadwood."

Then Garrett Dillahunt was responsible for Carradine's death on "Deadwood."

Then Garrett Dillahunt and Martha Plimpton played husband and wife on "Raising Hope."

Then Garrett Dillahunt moved to "Fear the Walking Dead" as the character John Dorie.

Then Garrett Dillahunt died on the show, followed by Keith Carradine making his debut on "Fear the Walking Dead" as John Dorie's father, John Dorie Sr.

WTF??

by Anonymousreply 3May 17, 2021 8:43 AM

No wonder Martha got so much work.

by Anonymousreply 4May 17, 2021 2:39 PM

Mom...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 17, 2021 2:44 PM

Love Martha Plimpton. I will about watch anything she is in

by Anonymousreply 6May 17, 2021 2:46 PM

She was really good in Raising Hope, R6.

Martha has always chosen quirky acting projects, throughout her career.

by Anonymousreply 7May 17, 2021 2:57 PM

She’s one of the good nepotism stars.

by Anonymousreply 8May 17, 2021 3:01 PM

ZIP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 17, 2021 3:34 PM

She's the only person who can actually act on the new HBO show Generation.

by Anonymousreply 10May 17, 2021 3:37 PM

Why doesn’t she carry his last name? That’s not her stage name to avoid accusations of nepotism. Is she a bastard?

by Anonymousreply 11May 17, 2021 3:42 PM

Carradine is a much sexier name than Plimpton. But then, having Martha as a first name cancels out the sexiness anyway.

by Anonymousreply 12May 17, 2021 3:49 PM

I think her parents were never actually together. I’m the same age as her and I would see her around the UWS shopping with her mother and hanging out with a friends. She comes across as very normal and down to earth.. she once came into a store I was working in and asked where the plaid shirts were . This was during the grunge era .

by Anonymousreply 13May 17, 2021 3:56 PM

OLD NEWS

by Anonymousreply 14May 17, 2021 3:57 PM

Her parents met when they were in HAIR on Broadway!

It's the dawning of the Age of Aquarius!

by Anonymousreply 15May 17, 2021 4:03 PM

Her mother sang this song in the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 17, 2021 4:07 PM

Shelley Plimpton and Keith Carradine had an affair when they were both in "Hair" on Broadway. Per Wiki: "Carradine met actress Shelley Plimpton in the Broadway musical Hair. She was married to actor Steve Curry, although they were separated; she and Carradine became romantically involved. After Carradine left the show and was in California he learned that Shelley was pregnant and had reunited with Curry. He met his daughter, Martha Plimpton, when she was four years old, after Shelley and Steve Curry had divorced. He said of Shelley, "She did a hell of a job raising Martha. I was not there. I was a very young man, absolutely terrified. She just took that in, and then she welcomed me into Martha's life when I was ready."

Martha is really sharp funny actress and quite talented - I have seen her often on the stage in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 17May 17, 2021 4:11 PM

She is a Woman at War

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 17, 2021 4:12 PM

You are SO late, OP. Her dad Keith is the hottest of the brothers with the last name of Carradine. However, THE hottest of them all is half-brother Michael Bowen, who has the same mother has Keith and Robert Carradine but a different father. He's probably best known for playing the asshole in a lot of '80s movies, including Valley Girl and Private Resort.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 17, 2021 4:15 PM

I loved Martha in Mosquito Coast. In fact, the cast was perfect. I have no interest in watching the remake.

by Anonymousreply 20May 17, 2021 4:18 PM

r16 see r5

by Anonymousreply 21May 17, 2021 4:20 PM

Sound like Martha was trying to keep thing under wraps.

It's not like her father was Woody Allen.

by Anonymousreply 22May 17, 2021 4:23 PM

I should probably post this in the “Celebs you have seen in normal places (shopping etc)”…… Saw her twice at the old Balducci’s on Sixth Ave and 9th street decades ago. Prettier in person.

by Anonymousreply 23May 17, 2021 4:24 PM

R1 belongs on the cunty cunt thread, but unfortunately he's a really bad actor.

by Anonymousreply 24May 17, 2021 4:26 PM

R20 Mosquito Coast? Do you mean Running on Empty? I don’t recall her in MC.

by Anonymousreply 25May 17, 2021 4:28 PM

R25 She was the reverend's daughter in Mosquito Coast. She and River flirted when he and his parents (Ford and Mirren) visited. Martha was quirky and very forward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 17, 2021 4:32 PM

She was in both, r25, as was River Phoenix (whom needless to say she did not fuck to death).

by Anonymousreply 27May 17, 2021 4:33 PM

I love her. Especially in 200 Cigarettes. She’s me having a nervous breakdown before every party.

by Anonymousreply 28May 17, 2021 4:45 PM

She's fabulous. Enjoy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 17, 2021 5:16 PM

I loved her on The Good Wife.

Sha was such a ballsy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 30May 17, 2021 6:03 PM

The SJWs came for her and she survived.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 17, 2021 6:56 PM

R28 Me, too! I think of her whenever I throw a party...and drink too much before the guests arrive.

by Anonymousreply 32May 17, 2021 8:20 PM

She’s fabulous, and belongs in the pantheon of DL “untouchables” like Jean Smart and Jan Hooks.

by Anonymousreply 33May 18, 2021 1:27 AM

A more pertinent question - Is Martha Plimpton a LESBIAN?

by Anonymousreply 34May 18, 2021 1:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!