Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Marianne Faithfull and Courtney Love are hanging out in London

Marianne is looking rough—poor gal has been through the wringer recently with COVID. The conversation is...interesting?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 28, 2021 11:59 PM

It's like a reenactment of SNL's Old French Whore sketch x 2

by Anonymousreply 1April 28, 2021 4:09 AM

Courtney is looking more and more like Miss Havisham as the years pass. She looks good, though, all things considered.

by Anonymousreply 2April 28, 2021 4:10 AM

Looks better than Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 3April 28, 2021 4:12 AM

R3 Courtney managed to have her "old face" restored as much as was possible it appears. Not perfect, but she looks better than she has in the past. Madame X, by contrast, looks like an alien blowup doll you win at an arcade.

by Anonymousreply 4April 28, 2021 4:13 AM

Everytime Courtney opens her mouth it's like a kid at the adults' table. And how many names can she drop in one interview?

by Anonymousreply 5April 28, 2021 4:22 AM

That's her modus operandi, R5.

by Anonymousreply 6April 28, 2021 4:28 AM

Why is Courtney Love still a thing? Is she another Yoko?

by Anonymousreply 7April 28, 2021 4:29 AM

So Courtney Love is glomming onto poor old Marianne Faithfull now? I'll bet she's trying to get her to do an album with her. She should leave the poor old gal alone. I'm truly surprised Marianne is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 8April 28, 2021 4:31 AM

R8 Marianne attended Hole's performance on Jools Holland in the '90s...for some reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 28, 2021 4:33 AM

Marianne's packed on a few lbs.

Maybe I should ask her to go to Zumba with me.

by Anonymousreply 10April 28, 2021 4:38 AM

She gained the covid 19.

by Anonymousreply 11April 28, 2021 4:40 AM

I guess Faithfull and Love were both considered "bad girls" so it's supposed to be a cute idea that they're friendly with each other. But I don't really think they are. It makes good publicity, though. But I think that's all it is, I don't think there's any real connection between these two. The only two things they have in common is that they were both drug addicts/junkies and were both involved with a rock star who was a lot more talented that they were.

by Anonymousreply 12April 28, 2021 4:41 AM

How can people even stand to listen to Courtney talk? You know every other thing that comes out of her mouth is total bullshit. She is always changing the details of her life. It’s like she can’t even remember what she told the last person interviewing her.

by Anonymousreply 13April 28, 2021 4:45 AM

Did any of you even read the article? It discusses exactly how they became friends and they have been friends since the 1990s, they seem to have a lot of shared memories and history together. I don't think Courtney would gain much from 'glomming on' to Marianne Faithfull... if anything it's perhaps the other way around lol. Not like being friends with Marianne is going to increase album sales. Is she big on Tik Tok?

It DOES however seem like Courtney is glomming on to Lana Del Ray. She drops that name a lot recently. I know they are friends and toured extensively together, but it's probably not going to help her considering LDR's caché is dropping due to her controversial recent statements, and despite having a much larger audience, LDR's own fanbase will probably never be into Courtney's more hard-edged music.

Anyway, it was a bit of a fluff piece and I wish they had discussed the poetry more. It could have been longer actually. But the photo is quite beautiful and tender in a way. Both have been dragged to hell and back in the court of public opinion (and by their own self destructive behaviour), and it's a miracle both are still alive. Wishing them well.

by Anonymousreply 14April 28, 2021 2:11 PM

I love Courtney and what she has to say

Madonna need not ever speak again. With or without the grills.

by Anonymousreply 15April 28, 2021 2:49 PM

Quit linking to sites that require payment, please.

Even for stories like this shit storm.

by Anonymousreply 16April 28, 2021 2:50 PM

[Quote]Love: I didn’t have a Commonwealth education — I’m Hollywood trash — so I had to learn this stuff on the fly

Finally Love has achieved Enlightenment.

by Anonymousreply 17April 28, 2021 3:37 PM

Really enjoyed it, but this was the jewel of the interview (re: the dubious Lana Del Rey)

Q: Did you manage to get Marianne into Lana?

Love: No, she wasn’t buying it. She’ll get there.

Faithfull: No, not for me. Sorry.

Never one to suffer fools, that Marianne.

by Anonymousreply 18April 28, 2021 4:53 PM

R14 because Cunty is a star fucker. She did not like Lana at first. In fact, she verbally attacked her on social media more than once, after Lana covered Heart Shaped Box and talked about being a fan of Nirvana. All of this changed when she realized Lana was popular an had a huge fanbase. She suddenly acted like it was a big misunderstanding and they became bffs once Cunty figured out she could use Lana to garner attention for herself. She is a parasite.

by Anonymousreply 19April 28, 2021 6:10 PM

Marianne was super cool here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 28, 2021 6:25 PM

And my personal favorite Courtney /Hole song...she is charismatic...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 28, 2021 6:30 PM

"Did any of you even read the article?"

Can't believe everything you read, dear. I don't believe these two are bosom buddies. I have read Marianne Faithfull's memoir, and judging from that it doesn't seem likely that she would pursue a friendship with the likes of Courtney Love. Love is so crazy, so trashy, such a pathological liar...I don't see her as somebody Marianne Faithfull would deign to associate with on any substantial level. I think this "friendship" is a publicity stunt.

by Anonymousreply 22April 28, 2021 10:59 PM

Keep a very close eye on her Marianne! I didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 23April 28, 2021 11:14 PM

I don't know how authentic their friendship is or isn't. Marianne is elderly and in poor health (and some financial straits, apparently) and has this new album to promote, so I don't fault her for doing whatever she must to generate some press.

Courtney is and always has been a notorious starfucker. Marianne gives her old-school rock credibility and some class by association. Remember back in the day when Courtney was kissing up to Stevie Nicks, of all people? As if, Courtney.

by Anonymousreply 24April 28, 2021 11:20 PM

Marianne Faithfull looks like she’s had a rough go of things with COVID. In the clip shared here (a lovely clip, btw) she looks very prosperous and living in Paris, at the time of the filming. So it looks as though she has since moved back to the UK. I will definitely send for her recording of the romantic poets. I’m sad she is unwell. I hope she has care and comfort. She is a cool broad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 28, 2021 11:32 PM

I never much cared for Marianne Faithfull. She's always thought highly of herself. Even when she was a junkie living on "a wall" she believed she was superior. I did think her memoir was interesting though. I remember something it about Madonna. Seems somebody thought it would be a cute idea for Madonna and Marianne Faithfull to meet, so it was arranged for her and Madonna and some other to go out together. They went out dancing; Faithfull said Madonna danced like a professional and that the place they went knew her and no one bothered her. At some point Faithfull began to get hungry but they couldn't get dinner until Madonna wanted to, like she was the Queen or Princess Margaret. Faithfull said of Madonna: "Everything she did was strange." She said that Madonna had a huge bathroom with a magazine rack that held a collection of magazines and that all of them had her on the cover. Yeah, that seems pretty strange.

by Anonymousreply 26April 28, 2021 11:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!