Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

OMG it's been a whole year since Joel came out!

Once he came out his DL fans stopped bothering with him. I guess they were waiting for the confession and then moved on.

Since Lia left the scene he's become even more self-obsessed...rambling on and on about himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141August 31, 2021 8:27 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2021 2:22 PM

Joel of Joel & Lia for God's sake!

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2021 2:23 PM

Who's Lia?

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2021 2:24 PM

he seems to be coming out as bi now.

by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2021 2:25 PM

Wait - are you sure Lia is no longer part of this? They both have their own individual channels as well as Joel and Lia.

by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2021 2:25 PM

The one who's not Joel, R3.

by Anonymousreply 6April 22, 2021 2:26 PM

[quote]Who's Lia?

They were bloggers or vloggers. They had a minor DL following.

by Anonymousreply 7April 22, 2021 2:26 PM

Bummer. I thought this was going to be one of those “my neighbor Joel” threads.

by Anonymousreply 8April 22, 2021 2:38 PM

Joel’s problem is that his content has become boring. Maybe the Covid lockdown has had an effect on it the last year. His own channel and Joel & Lia together, all now boring. I used to watch them regularly, but now never.

by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2021 3:38 PM

Did he and Lia have a falling out?

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2021 3:43 PM

Yes, his best videos were when he was out and about.

Lia's become all fake and annoying. Fake gaiety. & I'm NOT a fan of her BF.

by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2021 3:43 PM

[quote]Did he and Lia have a falling out?

NO, she moved to the south coast with her BF and Joel stayed in London.

When he was closeted it was more amusing.

by Anonymousreply 12April 22, 2021 3:44 PM

I wonder what's the demographic of his viewers. I'd think teenage gurls, probably.

by Anonymousreply 13April 22, 2021 3:46 PM

The thing that bothered me the most about Joel is that he didn’t accept that everyone who ever saw or heard him already knew he was gay. He was always angered by the notion that anyone could tell before he confessed it. He had a powerful delusion that he was he was completely hiding it all these years. It would have done him good to come to terms with accepting that everyone always knew he was gay, gay, gay and that his coming out was kind of anti-climatic.

by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2021 3:52 PM

[quote]It would have done him good to come to terms with accepting that everyone always knew he was gay, gay, gay

LOL

[quote]and that his coming out was kind of anti-climatic.

It was like a fart in the bath.

I knew there'd be a "I've got to tell you guys something..." video and sure enough.

by Anonymousreply 15April 22, 2021 4:09 PM

They were an odd pair before - this closeted gay guy and his fag hag, I think that was what appealed to DL. DL loves odd.

by Anonymousreply 16April 22, 2021 4:12 PM

They're both boring and he's super christian so you'll never get good content from him that appeals to the masses.

by Anonymousreply 17April 22, 2021 4:13 PM

So, he was last year’s Colton? This does not bode well for Colton, he better hold tight to that Netflix show or a year from now no one will know who he is.

by Anonymousreply 18April 22, 2021 4:15 PM

[quote]So, he was last year’s Colton?

No, he never had the cult status of Colton.

by Anonymousreply 19April 22, 2021 4:17 PM

QUE ?

by Anonymousreply 20April 22, 2021 4:24 PM

Joel's dating profile.

Would YOU bite?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 21, 2021 7:54 PM

I thought Joel was a blond?

by Anonymousreply 22May 21, 2021 8:01 PM

That's another Joel, R22

by Anonymousreply 23May 21, 2021 8:04 PM

Agreed that he’s boring. He one of millions of content creators on YT, and still has no significant way to differentiate himself after all these years. TBH he could become more self-destructive, and that would probably bring in more viewers like the dramatic, obese, face-stuffing queen in the other thread. He wants everyone to celebrate his mediocrity.

by Anonymousreply 24May 21, 2021 8:10 PM

He just so extra.

by Anonymousreply 25May 21, 2021 8:21 PM

I thought his name was Colton Underwood?

by Anonymousreply 26May 21, 2021 8:25 PM

I can't believe there's a thread for this ugly gym-obsessed troll. Stop trying to make Joel Wood happen, it's not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 27May 21, 2021 8:31 PM

Gym-obsessed? He doesn't look like he's stepped into a gym.

by Anonymousreply 28May 21, 2021 8:53 PM

[quote]Stop trying to make Joel Wood happen, it's not going to happen.

Make him HAPPEN?

He's been well known on DL for years.

But he never HAPPENED and never will.

by Anonymousreply 29May 21, 2021 8:56 PM

[quote]Agreed that he’s boring. He one of millions of content creators on YT, and still has no significant way to differentiate himself after all these years.

I think the fact he was English made him stand out from some of the others. He & Lia used to run around London and DO STUFF. Travel. Now he's own his own it's ME ME ME. He post videos of himself clearing out his wardrobe (closet). Showing his viewers all of his nasty clothes with sports symbols on.

by Anonymousreply 30May 21, 2021 8:59 PM

The man's gorgeous, very gay, and very self-obsessed. Internalised homophobia has done a number on him, and even now as he's starting to mace past it, his massive insecurities remain. He literally can't even describe himself properly due to such a lacking and unstable sense of self.

He is so full of contradictions every time he tried to explain an opinion or a feeling, and comes across as extremely vain and entitled. I watch him only because I love to hate him and hate to love him, but my god I hope he never "happens" and I don't think he ever will.

The most interesting thing that's ever happened regarding Joel on the internet is his last relationship with (also gorgeous) Yasin Dabhelia, who seems to have a lot more damage than Joel and seems interesting, but not able to be a very nice person. At least Yasin's nudes are amazing.

by Anonymousreply 31May 24, 2021 5:12 AM

[quote]At least Yasin's nudes are amazing.

Oooh. Somebody got a link?

by Anonymousreply 32July 2, 2021 12:52 AM

Yasin, did you create this thread you beady-eyed midget

by Anonymousreply 33July 2, 2021 1:01 AM

R32 I can't find a picture

R31 You have done a good analysis.

His videos are so claustrophobic and I can't think how they can change until he throws off his Christian inhibitions and gets rid of that self-imposed albatross of a long-nosed woman who shares the house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 2, 2021 1:02 AM

R34 you're replying to yourself you freak. You're the same twat that posts this kind of shit on a different message board. and you know exactly what I'm talking about!

by Anonymousreply 35July 2, 2021 1:05 AM

Poor Joel is terrified he's going to get wrinkly like this older queen (below).

So Joel has teeth veneers, teeth whiteners, botox and a 500 hair transplants. He doesn't do wild exercise and anything dramatic at all in case those crows feet start etching themselves across his sweet face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 2, 2021 1:28 AM

He's still way too extra.

by Anonymousreply 37July 2, 2021 2:12 AM

He's cute. But I suspect he's 4 feet tall like Noddy.

And as sexless as Noddy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 2, 2021 2:18 AM

I found Joel and Lia's channel when I was searching up the difference between English and British phrases. I spent a whole weekend binge watching their content, and quickly became annoyed at her trying to finish all of his sentences and pretending that she was clever. He's totally up his own arse, but he was kind of funny. Their content since they split up to separate channels has been shite.

It was blatantly obvious that he was a homosexualist within the first 30 seconds of the first video I watched. I don't know who he thought he was fooling.

by Anonymousreply 39July 2, 2021 3:59 AM

He’s a bitchy queen who tried to convince his audience he was on Grindr to find dates — another option to Tinder, and would never be on it for a quick hookup. Sure, Jan. He’s tired, and his solo channel and the one with Lia were painful. The fraud love him.

by Anonymousreply 40July 2, 2021 5:12 AM

[quote] tried to convince his audience he was on Grindr

He shared in this podcast where he claimed he would speak honestly about his sex-seeking habits and use un-Christian language.

I didn't listen to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 3, 2021 4:30 AM

Bitchy, vain, insecure: Joel might be all of those things and more, but regardless, I'd rearrange his insides like they were jazz standards.

by Anonymousreply 42July 3, 2021 10:41 AM

Lia has a property channel with her BF.

They seem to be buying slummy places and converting them into bedsits or something because they make room for fridges in each of the rooms. She has terrible taste but thinks it's great, freaky busy wallpapers and stuff and then of course, all the gray everywhere.

Maybe someone could take a look and say what they think of all this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 3, 2021 11:00 AM

I don't understand why, if he thinks he's so attractive, why he'd need to search for sex online.

by Anonymousreply 44July 3, 2021 11:03 AM

He's delusional that's why. He's an average-looking bitchy gay Brit with a hairline that's eroding. He also looks like he smells like sweat and mothballs.

by Anonymousreply 45July 3, 2021 11:46 PM

[quote] sweat

I've never seen him do anything physical.

by Anonymousreply 46July 3, 2021 11:51 PM

Gayvoice, gayface….next!

by Anonymousreply 47July 4, 2021 12:37 AM

He has the whole Diana, Princess of Wales histrionic 'Im going to throw myself down the stairs' vibe going on.

by Anonymousreply 48July 4, 2021 12:46 AM

[quote]I've never seen him do anything physical.

He was very into a thing called Orange Theory...and became besties with the gurl there

And if you go to 17:10 you'll see him doing it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 4, 2021 4:29 AM

I'd let him fuck me through a gloryhole.

by Anonymousreply 50July 4, 2021 4:39 AM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 51July 4, 2021 4:42 AM

Gosh you're hilarious, R51.

by Anonymousreply 52July 4, 2021 4:46 AM

[quote]He's delusional that's why. He's an average-looking bitchy gay Brit with a hairline that's eroding.

Oh, please. As much I am loath to inflate his ego any more than it already is, I'll be the first to admit that facially, Joel is leagues above average.

by Anonymousreply 53July 4, 2021 12:18 PM

He was at his best as a reporter from England (& not all the supergay gym and hair and tight tank tops) and this one was great- he took us to the English Agriculture Show near where he grew up in England (incl. the gay brother and his BF and dogs) - give it a chance!!

He should be on daytime TV in Eng.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 4, 2021 12:57 PM

After he came out I made a comment on one of their videos of "well, now we know why Lia's boyfriend has never had a problem with you two travelling alone together". Joel gave me a chuckle back on that comment. 😀

by Anonymousreply 55July 4, 2021 1:18 PM

In a recent episode, he admitted that he finds American men more attractive than British men, and is glad when he matches up with them on “dating sites.” I wonder if this is because he prefers cut cocks. Hmmm…

by Anonymousreply 56July 18, 2021 3:35 PM

I don’t know her..

by Anonymousreply 57July 18, 2021 4:01 PM

YouTube forced Joel and Lia into my feed so many times I finay relented and watched. I was interested in the "how we do it in the UK" topics.

I didn't pay attention to their personalities at first. I only watched for the info. I assumed they were a couple at first.

Then their videos grew a little tedious because they clearly make them just to fill time so they can make money. Lia's completing Joel's sentences did annoy me but I liked her OK. I clocked him as gay very early on and it never even occurred to me he was trying to live in the closet.

I found him a lot more tedious than I found her. He seems really arrogant and vapid, and that's a bad combination. Lia seemed at least to be pretty sweet. I can find sweet and vapid endearing.

I watched parts of maybe two of Joel's solo videos and thought he came across as a boring narcissist and asked YouTube not to show me any more.

I watched a few of Lia's and she was more interesting (or more genuine, anyway) on her own than she was with Joel. She made a video about having COVID that was interesting. But then all of a sudden her shirtless boyfriend kept showing up in the videos, and then photos and videos of herself in a bikini, and I thought, oh, she's a wannabe Big Brother type, no thanks, and I asked YouTube not to show me anymore of her videos.

by Anonymousreply 58July 18, 2021 4:42 PM

He’s a former fatty barely maintaining the ability to repel that label. Some of their content is entertaining, but it’s mostly just tedious. He strikes me as someone who needs a good shrink. He doesn’t hide the self-loathing very well.

by Anonymousreply 59July 18, 2021 4:47 PM

Joel looks fine to me. I really don't like the Mean Gays attitudes; they're what make gay men so fucking insecure and self-loathing once they do come out.

My only criticism of him is that he seems to have a dud personality. Since his whole on-camera model is to talk about himself, it's possible he is a little less narcissistic one on one off camera, but I doubt it. He seems boringly self-obsessed.

He's fine looking though and should not be self-conscious about his appearance just because he doesn't have a bodybuilder body with 2 percent body fat.

by Anonymousreply 60July 18, 2021 5:04 PM

You type fat, r60.

by Anonymousreply 61July 18, 2021 5:20 PM

He has a bit of a FAS face

by Anonymousreply 62July 18, 2021 5:22 PM

[quote]I wonder if this is because he prefers cut cocks.

Or their effulgent veneers...

by Anonymousreply 63July 18, 2021 5:57 PM

He's been practicing his American accent

Actually this made me laugh - Lia doing the English shop assistant and Joel doing the American.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 18, 2021 6:44 PM

He recently says that he turned down a chance at a 2 year role on Emmerdale years ago. Due to pressure from friends,family and church. Who told him at the time that he should turn down the role because the character was gay. He now seems to regret doing this.

by Anonymousreply 65August 2, 2021 3:08 AM

Is this the Joel uncle bottom had been talking about?

by Anonymousreply 66August 2, 2021 4:18 AM

No. This Joel will BE uncle bottom in 20-30 years.

by Anonymousreply 67August 2, 2021 4:33 AM

[quote]Who told him at the time that he should turn down the role because the character was gay.

Are you kidding me? He's gay all over his social media but not playing a character on TV?

[quote] He now seems to regret doing this.

OMG, me too. I'd loved to have seen that and will he get any other opportunities...to play a str8 guy? this is the question

by Anonymousreply 68August 2, 2021 9:39 AM

OK - turns out this was back in 2013.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 2, 2021 9:42 AM

^^ He tells the story of what happened very well and honestly. This is Joel at his honest best.

by Anonymousreply 70August 2, 2021 9:57 AM

Joel don' care 'bout sport. He angry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 2, 2021 10:03 AM

I saw this and the Emmerdale role ended up being for gay twink Finn Barton which end up going to Joe Gill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72August 2, 2021 6:53 PM

According to another forum, an ex-boyfriend allegedly co-signed a car loan for him, used it to drive from Florida to NJ... then abandoned it at a car park before flying back to London. Why are we giving this grifter attention again? He sounds like trash

by Anonymousreply 73August 3, 2021 12:26 AM

I used to watch him fairly regularly, but he has become too sus.

by Anonymousreply 74August 3, 2021 2:04 AM

[quote]According to another forum, an ex-boyfriend allegedly co-signed a car loan for him, used it to drive from Florida to NJ... then abandoned it at a car park before flying back to London.

Link please. Doesn't sound like Joel at all.

[quote]he has become too sus.

What do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 75August 3, 2021 7:22 AM

I have watched and enjoyed Joel and Lia and to a lesser extent Joel’s solo posts. He’s just so vain it’s ridiculous! Hair transplant when he isn’t losing much of his hair (if any), removal to two moles that you couldn’t even see, Botox in the armpits etc.

Ok I get that you might want to take care of your hair when it actually starts to go but it is all seems too excessive at his age.

Love that he says he prefers fit men because they help motivate him to go to the gym, and not because he is at all shallow.

by Anonymousreply 76August 3, 2021 8:52 AM

R75 here ya go

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 3, 2021 2:46 PM

I watched Joel & Lia for a few months because YouTube kept shoving them down my throat. When their solo videos started showing up, I watched a few and found Joel especially to be an incredible bore. And as many have mentioned, he seems totally narcissistic and has a pouty, snarky attitude about everything. I clicked on "Don't show me this" and wondered what took me so long.

Sorry, Joel. You're kind of cute, but you're way too obsessed with yourself. You also have body dysmorphia like a lot of formerly chubby gay guys. Just accept your body and move on with your life. And find something to talk about besides yourself. You have the platform now, so talk about something more interesting. It's a big, fascinating world, and if you look beyond your camera lens, you might discover something worth discussing.

by Anonymousreply 78August 3, 2021 2:54 PM

[quote]f you look beyond your camera lens, you might discover something worth discussing.

I love when he does this sort of thing which he just put out today he's very good at it (see link) - haven't watched it yet.

but sitting in his room going on about which clothes he's going to throw out - who's interested in that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 3, 2021 3:48 PM

This is the new J&L video.

I hate his tight black tops with badges on them. I guess he thinks they're trendy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 3, 2021 3:50 PM

[quote]he seems totally narcissistic and has a pouty, snarky attitude about everything.

If you're in any way critical of him he gets very angry - this happened to me but I can't remember the circumstances

by Anonymousreply 81August 3, 2021 3:52 PM

Typical of a narcissist, R81.

I also love how people like him whine about how hard it is to come up with 'content.' Their job is SO HARD, GUYS. Like, they have to sit around for, like, FIVE WHOLE MINUTES to come up with compelling "content" like "cleaning out my closet" and "where I might be moving, maybe, or maybe not" and "Whining About American Things Part 76."

by Anonymousreply 82August 3, 2021 4:06 PM

He seems desperate for attention and rather talentless.

He's got what it takes to be a star today! Or at least to get his own show on E! or Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 83August 3, 2021 4:10 PM

Weird posture, thinning hair, lacks any sense of style. I wouldn't look at him twice if I saw in the street. He's a 4 at best compared to the HOT gays in London.

by Anonymousreply 84August 3, 2021 5:02 PM

I don't understand why he found it so hard to "come out" when he has a brother who's gay who has a longterm BF. I never had that. Most of us haven't.

And he seems to find it hard to hook up with anyone - even though he thinks he so cute and many people think he's cute. On the previous DL threads quite a few people thought he was very hawt. It doesn't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 85August 3, 2021 5:24 PM

[quote]He's got what it takes to be a star today! Or at least to get his own show on E! or Bravo.

Do those sorts of shows ever cast people like him? YouTube influencers etc...

by Anonymousreply 86August 3, 2021 5:26 PM

whoa! @ R77 - 35 pages of chat about him. 35! Never even heard of that site.

Interesting that R77's link to a post starts with "It doesn’t make sense" - which is exactly the words I wrote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87August 3, 2021 5:33 PM

I think he secretly enjoyed Lia's Paris trauma.

by Anonymousreply 88August 3, 2021 5:49 PM

[quote] Who?

You are new here. This is BILL TAYLOR’S neighbor Joel.

He’s on a swim team or something - tho frankly, I always thought he was a little younger (?)

by Anonymousreply 89August 3, 2021 6:02 PM

R85 Yup, he's full of shit. Gay brother, gay face dad, mother with a gay haircut, and another brother that may be fam.

R87 That Tattle site also found Joel's account on Seeking Arrangements

by Anonymousreply 90August 3, 2021 8:28 PM

Cute face, great eyes but way too hairy. NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 91August 3, 2021 9:05 PM

Although I could see him be decent on EastEnders as someone out to snare Callum who ends up getting murdered by hubby Ben.

by Anonymousreply 92August 3, 2021 9:18 PM

What is Lia’s “Paris trauma”?

by Anonymousreply 93August 3, 2021 9:22 PM

Her croissant wasn’t flakey enough, apparently. Well, them Brits always put the wrong stress on syllables in French words so I guess her saying “KWAH-sawnt” made the boulangerie gal retaliate.

by Anonymousreply 94August 3, 2021 9:26 PM

I'm taken aback with that other forum. I never look at any forums other than DL - it's women being really bitchy. Quite funny. But much nastier than people on here would be.

They call them Mouldy Joel & Liar.

by Anonymousreply 95August 3, 2021 9:44 PM

R93

They went to Paris together on a shoot which was supposed to be a fantastic experience. However, some evil thief stole Leah's bag literally out from under her feet while checking in at their not-first-class accommodations.

by Anonymousreply 96August 4, 2021 12:00 AM

Why would Joel even buy a car in the US? His parents own a vacation home in Florida but he's there very rarely.

by Anonymousreply 97August 4, 2021 12:35 AM

I've said it before but I don't understand why an English vicar has a vacation home in Florida.

Vicars are supposed to be poor.

Old rich English people are supposed to holiday in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 98August 4, 2021 1:59 AM

[quote] His parents own a vacation home in Florida but he's there very rarely.

I thought he said he and his family went every year (before Covid).

by Anonymousreply 99August 4, 2021 2:46 AM

[quote]They went to Paris together on a shoot which was supposed to be a fantastic experience. However, some evil thief stole Leah's bag literally out from under her feet while checking in at their not-first-class accommodations.

It beat that dreary Air BnB they rented when they went back. Why not stay in some cheap characterful hotel on the Left Bank, if they're so short of money?

by Anonymousreply 100August 4, 2021 6:39 AM

[quote]I've said it before but I don't understand why an English vicar has a vacation home in Florida. Vicars are supposed to be poor.

You do realise the house is in Orlando? Hardly grand.

by Anonymousreply 101August 4, 2021 6:40 AM

[quote] I've said it before but I don't understand why an English vicar has a vacation home in Florida. Vicars are supposed to be poor

(Serious question) Do you spend a lot of time thinking about and discussing the life of this utterly boring YouTube personality?

by Anonymousreply 102August 4, 2021 6:46 AM

[quote](Serious question) Do you spend a lot of time thinking about and discussing the life of this utterly boring YouTube personality?

(Serious question). Do you spend a lot of your life posting on threads about YT personalities just so you can sneer at people for posting on threads about YouTube personalities?

by Anonymousreply 103August 4, 2021 6:52 AM

[quote] (Serious question). Do you spend a lot of your life posting on threads about YT personalities just so you can sneer at people for posting on threads about YouTube personalities?

*ponders*

Yes, actually!

by Anonymousreply 104August 4, 2021 7:00 AM

I doubt he actually would have gotten that role on Emmerdale. I doubt his accent was good enough against a genuine Northerner. He also wouldn’t have looked right as the baby brother of Pete and Ross. I can see them coming up with another role for him, though.

by Anonymousreply 105August 4, 2021 2:19 PM

Why not let him talk with his real voice. I wouldn't care if I never heard another fake northern accent on TV again in my life.

by Anonymousreply 106August 4, 2021 2:30 PM

Anyone tempted to become a paid member?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107August 7, 2021 11:48 PM

Until and unless you’re unashamed to proclaim: you’re gay, you’re gay, you’re gay, you’re gay; without anybody knowing. You’re gay, you’re gay, you’re gay-if you don’t stand. Up and say “I’m gay”

by Anonymousreply 108August 7, 2021 11:57 PM

I think what may come across as vanity and being self-obsessed is more likely insecurity. If he's had the Christian cult rammed down his throat all his life, I think he's done well to finally come out and be himself. I've never heard him utter a mean or bitchy word about other people, either. I like him and find him inoffensive, nice looking and good hearted.

by Anonymousreply 109August 8, 2021 12:27 AM

Who?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110August 8, 2021 12:28 AM

England is such a secular society, it can’t be easy to grow up being called a “bible thumper,” their favorite term for Christians.

by Anonymousreply 111August 8, 2021 12:29 AM

[quote]His own channel and Joel & Lia together, all now boring.

They always were boring, hon.

by Anonymousreply 112August 8, 2021 1:24 AM

She was always boring but I make him less boring by imagining his facial resemblance to this poseur—

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113August 8, 2021 1:31 AM

R109 I think he needs to do a lot of work with a good therapist who has experience with his kinds of problems. Like you, my sense is there’s a good person under all the problems, but he’s buried by all the internal conflicts going on. I suffered mightily as a closeted gay way back when and didn’t see myself clearly due to relatively limited social interactions. It took a lot of therapy at several times in my life to get to a much better place. So, I have some sympathy for him, but it’s up to him to resolve his life issues.

by Anonymousreply 114August 8, 2021 1:54 AM

The English church is dying on it's feet.

by Anonymousreply 115August 8, 2021 1:57 AM

He will never have an LTR with his personality and baggage.

by Anonymousreply 116August 8, 2021 3:12 AM

[quote] LTR

He had a STR last year.

by Anonymousreply 117August 8, 2021 3:27 AM

R114 Hi Joel

by Anonymousreply 118August 8, 2021 5:04 AM

R118 First time anyone has accused me of being someone else on DL! A dubious distinction if ever there was one. I’m just an elder gay who sees a struggling gay trying to integrate his gayness into a formerly-closeted life, with a lot of problems, some of which resemble my problems when coming out decades ago. I know empathy isn’t DL’s strong suit, so maybe that’s what threw you.

by Anonymousreply 119August 8, 2021 6:11 AM

Empathy is quite rare on Datalounge.

But still I persist.

by Anonymousreply 120August 8, 2021 6:20 AM

Does he still have his boyfriend he was parading about on Insta last year?

by Anonymousreply 121August 8, 2021 1:58 PM

[quote]Does he still have his boyfriend he was parading about on Insta last year?

I don't think it lasted very long

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122August 8, 2021 2:10 PM

The boyfriend was too kind and caring. A complete mismatch for Joel.

by Anonymousreply 123August 8, 2021 5:44 PM

R123. Hi Yas. The ex boyfriend was short, beady-eyed and a prissy queen

by Anonymousreply 124August 8, 2021 10:55 PM

E123 Whereas Joel is just a prissy queen.

by Anonymousreply 125August 8, 2021 11:18 PM

I didn't know there was this whole dark undercurrent to Joel's story - the break-up with YASS etc...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126August 9, 2021 8:24 AM

For those of us without Tattle accounts, how about uploading that to a file hosting site, like ImgBB? That would be considerate.

by Anonymousreply 127August 9, 2021 8:33 AM

R127 Try the link below. I used to think having a YouTube channel would be a good way for an actor to make money in the face of all the audition rejections actors have to deal with, but these mean girls/gurls on Tattle are probably worse than audition rejections.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128August 9, 2021 8:52 AM

Here R127

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129August 9, 2021 9:42 AM

[quote]but these mean girls/gurls on Tattle are probably worse than audition rejections.

I know. Us gurls have nothing on those girls when it comes to the mean. NOTHING.

by Anonymousreply 130August 9, 2021 9:43 AM

I have read Tattle before and they seem like extremely bitter British people, and like DL, writing things they would never say in public.

by Anonymousreply 131August 9, 2021 1:03 PM

He was asked to be on a dating show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132August 9, 2021 9:48 PM

Glad he finally came out. I watch him but personally can't decide whether or not he's an adorable, loveable mess, or a baby super narcissist only growing stronger. Just cocking my head to the side and squinting for the time being.

by Anonymousreply 133August 13, 2021 2:22 AM

Has anyone here actually had any personal experience dealing with him? He just seems like the most supremely narcissistic self-obsessed person ever.

by Anonymousreply 134August 30, 2021 11:36 PM

[quote]Has anyone here actually had any personal experience dealing with him?

There have been several (slow) long running threads about him over the years and no one has ever said they know him in real life.

by Anonymousreply 135August 30, 2021 11:49 PM

As I said before, I think that while Leah was totally melting down over the Paris incident, Joel was secretly doing the Muttley schadenfreude laugh.

by Anonymousreply 136August 30, 2021 11:55 PM

[quote] the Paris incident

What was that?

by Anonymousreply 137August 31, 2021 12:10 AM

Well, something about his energy strikes me as massively insincere, like on a pathological level. Can't put my finger on it but yes, I can easily imagine him secretly reveling in the whole Paris thing. It does seem to take any opportunity he can to "jokingly" make jabs at her intelligence. Maybe they are just frienemies?

by Anonymousreply 138August 31, 2021 12:28 AM

Poor guy. The highlights of his acting career seem to be AUDITIONS for which he didn't get the part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139August 31, 2021 12:32 AM

Yeah I can't wait to see where he is in 10 years. I imagine by then he will be starring in his own vanity piece called "Please Love Me!"

by Anonymousreply 140August 31, 2021 12:35 AM

He has fat fraus from the midwest to thank for his "fame"

by Anonymousreply 141August 31, 2021 8:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!