Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Sopranos Thread II

Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 11, 2024 12:25 PM

Previous thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 16, 2021 1:19 AM

RIP to Joseph Siravo who brought us the memorable Johnny Boy Soprano.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 16, 2021 1:55 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2021 12:42 AM

R3, I wish someone would let us rewatch Homicide: Life on the Street. It's the best show ever produced on network television, and one of the only ones that's not available to stream. And I think NBC owns it, so what the fuck?

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2021 12:46 AM

Yeah, I started NYPD blue and just couldn’t get interested.

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2021 1:31 AM

I watched True Romance the other night, they had seen where a couple of black guys were arguing about eating pussy. It made me think of the uncle Jr. Cunnilingus episode.

As a dude who does dudes, I have to admit that I enjoy eating a hot chick’s pussy. It really is just “giving head” as they put it in the sopranos.

Sometimes, I think I’m just lazy because fucking guys doesn’t usually involve as much bullshit as banging hot chicks. That and the whole thing about them not being able suck dick as good as somebody who has one.

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2021 1:48 AM

“Sacre bleu, where is me maman?!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2021 10:54 PM

I don’t have the right to ask? I’m the boy’s uncle! 😂

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2021 11:00 PM

Initially I ignored Homicide thinking it was just one more cookie cutter cop show. Then either Lifetime of A&E began rerunning the series and by chance I tuned into an episode about a maniac killing children in an elementary school and the show's intensity totally grabbed me. Remarkably good television that stayed on the air one season too long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2021 11:18 PM

The trailer for Saints isn’t blowing me away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 29, 2021 6:10 PM

Carmela Soprano is an icon. That's all I know about this series.

by Anonymousreply 11June 29, 2021 7:30 PM

James Gandolfini apparently threw a fit over Tony Soprano bathroom jerk off scene during season 6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 20, 2021 10:23 PM

[quote] RIP to Joseph Siravo who brought us the memorable Johnny Boy Soprano.

Sad, he outlived hid son by almost a decade.

by Anonymousreply 13October 20, 2021 10:28 PM

his ^^^

by Anonymousreply 14October 20, 2021 10:29 PM

[quote]Carmela Soprano is an icon. That's all I know about this series.

As are Rosalie Aprile and Ginny Sack. I loved all three of those Jersey hens.

Unfortunately, Denise Borino-Quinn, who played Ginny, died shortly after the show went off the air.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 20, 2021 10:29 PM

I recently started rewatching, I haven't seen the show since it first aired on HBO. Last night, I finished watching Season 1. It's amazing how accurately Episode 11 portrayed bipolar disorder, specifically, depression. James Gandolfini played a depressed person so well. His mother was such an old cunt, wasn't she?

by Anonymousreply 16October 20, 2021 10:54 PM

One of the most brutal scenes in the whole show: Carmela confronts Tony about their entire relationship.

Edie Falco has said they shot other things all day and did this at 3 in the morning when they were both exhausted and at the end of their ropes. She gives a master class here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 20, 2021 10:59 PM

[QUOTE] James Gandolfini played a depressed person so well.

He played everything so well. Best acting job in a series we’ll ever see.

by Anonymousreply 18October 20, 2021 11:10 PM

Good thing so many of the characters died young so we won't have a reboot with original cast in another decade.

by Anonymousreply 19October 20, 2021 11:38 PM

They’re going to reboot it as a prequel series with his son playing young Tony Soprano.

by Anonymousreply 20October 20, 2021 11:41 PM

Michael Imperioli and Steve Schiripa, who did the Talking Sopranos podcast, have come out with a new book on the series.

[QUOTE]In “Woke Up This Morning,” rhe tome weaves interviews with dozens of cast and crew members (and series creator David Chase) for an unprecedented, dishy, behind-the-scenes look at the iconic mob drama, which aired on HBO from 1999-2007 with star James Gandolfini as troubled North Jersey mobster Tony Soprano.

[QUOTE] The nearly 500-page book, which borrows its title from the show’s theme song by Alabama 3, is comprised of interviews, both from “Talking Sopranos” — the popular podcast hosted by Imperioli and Schirripa — and from deeper-dive interviews by the duo. Imperioli played Tony’s “nephew,” Christopher Moltisanti; Schirripa played Tony’s (eventual) brother-in-law, Bobby “Bacala” Baccalieri (both characters met bloody ends).

[QUOTE]“This isn’t a book about the podcast,” said Schirripa, 64, who spoke to The Post about “Woke Up This Morning” along with Imperioli. “We talked to a lot of people again. There’s so much material. On the podcast, we go scene by scene; in the book, it’s season by season, so it’s completely different.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 2, 2021 11:00 PM

[quote]I wish someone would let us rewatch Homicide: Life on the Street. It's the best show ever produced on network television, and one of the only ones that's not available to stream. And I think NBC owns it, so what the fuck?

R4, I just found it on Dailymotion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 2, 2021 11:05 PM

You know, I know seniors that are inspired!

by Anonymousreply 23November 3, 2021 7:53 PM

[quote] James Gandolfini apparently threw a fit over Tony Soprano bathroom jerk off scene during season 6.

On Talking Sopranos, the actor who played Councilman Zellman (Peter Riegert) said that he objected to the Tony character giving him a literal bare-ass whipping (with a belt) over the Russian girlfriend (Oksana). The scene did end up involving a belt-whipping, but no bare ass. Riegert said that it would have been humiliating for him, as an actor, to do the bare-ass thing.

Yet, in the final season ("Chasing It"), they had a child actor (Frank Borelli), who played Vito's son, do stuff like shit in a public shower with people watching. That was a horrible, uncalled-for thing to do to an actor, much less a child actor.

My attitude for actors is usually: play your role. But now I do see actors drawing the line.

On Talking Sopranos, they just discussed the "Chasing It" episode and raved about Borelli's performance and noted that Borelli hasn't been acting any more.

I'm getting sick of TS because they're so biased and full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 24November 3, 2021 8:07 PM

[quote]the Russian girlfriend (Oksana)

Irina?

by Anonymousreply 25November 3, 2021 9:01 PM

Yes, Irina. Thank you. The actor's name is Oksana Lada.

by Anonymousreply 26November 3, 2021 9:04 PM

Tony already told you he ended it with her! Months ago!

by Anonymousreply 27November 3, 2021 9:12 PM

“A Don doesn’t wear shorts.” Classic Sopranos like originated with a mysterious phone call to James Gandolfini:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 18, 2021 9:11 PM

"She couldn't even read her Nancy Drew---it was too mysterious!"

by Anonymousreply 29November 18, 2021 9:56 PM

"Tony, if you're gonna lie to me, tell me there's a broad in the car who wants to tongue my balls."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 18, 2021 10:01 PM

Gandolfini’s coke binges had HBO execs concerned they couldn’t keep him alive while the show was on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 1, 2021 9:30 PM

Edie Falco also opened up about her own substance abuse problems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 4, 2021 6:57 AM

RIP Beansie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 30, 2022 2:16 PM

Denise Borino-Quinn AKA Ginny Sack, looked like Divine. So did fat Liz Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 34March 30, 2022 2:21 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 12, 2022 10:23 PM

Greatest show of all time.

by Anonymousreply 36May 12, 2022 10:24 PM

R35 How sad. MacVittie was great in that role.

by Anonymousreply 37May 13, 2022 12:53 AM

I felt this one coming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 9, 2022 12:58 AM

The Sopranos, meh. Wasn't very good and *you* gays know it!

by Anonymousreply 39July 9, 2022 1:04 AM

R10- It blew me away too at how LAME it was , especially compared to the Sopranos.

by Anonymousreply 40July 9, 2022 1:07 AM

RIP Dr. Cusamano

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 29, 2022 3:55 PM

This thing of ours turns 25.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 11, 2024 12:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!