Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Greg Berlanti vs. Ryan Murphy

In the battle of the gay TV megaproducers, who do you prefer? I’d have to say Ryan Murphy. Yes, his shows eventually go off the rails, but they often start as original, intriguing storylines. When he does an adaptation, it’s usually stylish and not IP we see all the time (i.e. Feud).

I’m trying to figure out exactly what Berlanti does. Has he written a script since The Broken Hearts Club? Yes, he has more shows on the air than anyone in history, but they are all based on played-out IP he dusted off and handed to a team of writers. It doesn’t seem as though his contribution goes beyond saying “Hey, that sounds like a good idea.” The quality also varies wildly from very good (You) to embarrassing (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina).

What do you vicious queens think?

by Anonymousreply 30June 11, 2021 2:53 PM

I don't like any of the current crop of gay showrunners. All of them are sellouts to TQ+.

by Anonymousreply 1April 14, 2021 1:39 AM

Greg Berlanti ruined [italic]Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens[/italic] agenda with that creepy and saccharine travesty, and I actually wanted to kill Martin the second time I saw that movie that was allegedly based on that book.

by Anonymousreply 2April 14, 2021 1:41 AM

They both benefited immensely from their relationships with older gays (Kevin Williamson, Bill Condon) at the start of their careers. Today, they’d never get hired because being gay isn’t enough anymore; you have to be a latinx tranny or some bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 3April 14, 2021 1:49 AM

Except for Lee Daniels, whose output is inconsistent at best and sold us out with [italic]The Star[/italic], the only other gay men who benefited from such professional connections were white and, ironically, not Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 4April 14, 2021 1:50 AM

[quote] They both benefited immensely from their relationships with older gays (Kevin Williamson, Bill Condon) at the start of their careers. Today, they’d never get hired because being gay isn’t enough anymore; you have to be a latinx tranny or some bullshit.

And none of them did anything to stop this state of affairs.

by Anonymousreply 5April 14, 2021 1:51 AM

Didn't we already have this thread? Ryan makes the better show. But Greg's aren't complete clusterfucks behind the scenes (aside from Supergirl and Batwoman).

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2021 7:03 AM

If neither of them were gay, then both of them would be acknowledged as the hacks they are.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2021 10:26 PM

They're both cheesey AF so who cares?

DROP 'EM.

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2021 10:28 PM

Drop them along with the T they helped enable. I have zero tolerance for sellouts in 2021, and that number keeps getting lower and lower with the passage of time.

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2021 10:30 PM

Well Murphy at least acknowledges gay men exist on his shows.

Berlanti is nothing but dykes, trannies, chicks with dicks, bulldaggers, hermaphrodites....anything BUT a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2021 11:57 PM

You guys are being ott about Greg. There's exactly one trans character on Supergirl.

by Anonymousreply 11April 16, 2021 6:54 AM

One trans.

Zero gay men.

by Anonymousreply 12April 16, 2021 10:06 AM

I have no idea who Greg Berlanti is 🤷‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 13April 16, 2021 10:32 AM

Murphy because when you watch a Murphy production you can always count on an obligatory ass shot.

by Anonymousreply 14April 16, 2021 10:41 AM

Well, Greg has the sexier and more attractive husband who has managed to keep the baby weight off and make a nice home environment, so in my book he wins.

by Anonymousreply 15April 16, 2021 11:04 AM

Murphy. Berlanti made Dream Girl of all characters trans, for God's sake.

by Anonymousreply 16April 16, 2021 12:09 PM

Must we always pit gay man against gay man already?

by Anonymousreply 17April 16, 2021 12:27 PM

The true test would be having them do a challenge on Brand New Gay: Colton’s Coming Out show about which one could best build a new series around him, then shoot the pilots and let the public vote, which one goes to series. And that’s how you get a winner!

by Anonymousreply 18April 16, 2021 12:30 PM

I'd go with Gary Janetti who's married to Brad Goreski.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 16, 2021 1:27 PM

I’ve never liked a Berlanto show. I did like Nip/Tuck and AHS the first four seasons so I guess Ryan wins this.

by Anonymousreply 20April 16, 2021 1:32 PM

Trans is not a problem if they're done well.

But Berlanti and Murphy suck, so you'll have to rely on RuPaul, Jackie Beat or something.

by Anonymousreply 21April 16, 2021 8:18 PM

R18 I'd watch 🍿

by Anonymousreply 22April 17, 2021 6:59 AM

Gary Janetti? Hmmm. I love the early years of [italic]Family Guy [/italic], but I hate [italic]Will and Grace[/italic] and couldn’t even stomach a whole episode of it.

by Anonymousreply 23April 18, 2021 3:54 AM

Drop r9 while you're at it.

There's no thread he won't try to pervert into the disparagement of minorities for its sick, sociopathic kicks.

F&F

by Anonymousreply 24April 18, 2021 7:20 AM

I rather drop the anti trans trolls than guys like Greg or Ryan. They actually do something productive and give members of the LGBT Community jobs.

by Anonymousreply 25April 18, 2021 7:29 AM

F&F R24 for projecting his own racism onto gays. You are the one disparaging minorities by accusing gay is of doing so. That’s homophobic, and denying it makes it doubly homophobic. Only white heterosexual Gentiles can be racist. Racism equals power plus prejudice and gays do not have the power to oppressed. To even insinuate that gays have the power to oppress any group of people is not only homophobic, it’s incitement to anti-gay violence.. It is blaming gay people for anti-gay bigotry. It is advocating violence against gay people by blaming people for the racism that heterosexuals, all heterosexuals, and only heterosexuals are to blame for. In fact, it is verbal violence against gays.

Shut the fuck up, you self-loathing breeder-loving quisling.

by Anonymousreply 26April 18, 2021 3:18 PM

F&F [R24] for projecting his own racism onto gays. You are the one disparaging minorities by accusing gays of doing so. That’s homophobic, and denying it makes it doubly homophobic. Only white heterosexual Gentiles can be racist. Racism equals power plus prejudice and gays do not have the power to oppressed. To even insinuate that gays have the power to oppress any group of people is not only homophobic, it’s incitement to anti-gay violence.. It is blaming gay people for anti-gay bigotry. It is advocating violence against gay people by blaming people for the racism that heterosexuals, all heterosexuals, and only heterosexuals are to blame for. In fact, it is verbal violence against gays.

Shut the fuck up, you self-loathing breeder-loving quisling.

by Anonymousreply 27April 18, 2021 3:19 PM

More weak sauce from Boris the Lame Minority Basher and Liberal Parodist @ r26.

Nobody accused all gays of disparaging minorities —‚ just you do it, and you might not even be gay. I know you try your damndest to make every gay man seem like a racist Nazi by posting against trans, blacks and women with insults on every thread, but we all know it's just you up to your personal mental illness again.

The world needs abortion and trans because of creeps like you. Planet Earth would simply be a better place if you were never born or you had your genitals chopped off.

by Anonymousreply 28April 18, 2021 8:08 PM

Ryan Murphy just got an EPIC TAKE DOWN by The Guardian.....LINK

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 27, 2021 2:14 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 11, 2021 2:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!