Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Klymaxx

Everything is online except "Bands Reunited: Klymaxx" - the best episode of all - the next best alternative is "Unsung: Klymaxx"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 2, 2021 5:02 AM

I like the Ralph Tresvant-esque "I'd Still Say Yes"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 2, 2021 12:22 AM

Very few all-female bands play their own instruments

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 2, 2021 5:02 AM

I love them, aside from their bigger hits (Meeting in the Ladies Room, Men all Pause), I love Lock & Key and Just Our Luck-which was the theme song to a (very) brief tv series starring TK Carter as a genie.

by Anonymousreply 3April 2, 2021 6:11 AM

I love the 80s!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 2, 2021 6:47 AM

This tune would've been a big hit back in the mid 80s (most likely around a Valentine's Day) =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2021 5:26 PM

Their “Bands Reunited” episode was excellent — if memory serves, there was a montage of all the members stating they would not take part in a reunion so long as one specific member (who’d sneakily bought the rights to the Klymaxx name without informing anyone)) took part.

I always liked Rod Temperton’s “Man-Sized Love”.

by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2021 5:53 PM

R6 And the host and one of the band members blasted "I Miss You" outside the apartment door of the one who bought the rights and she never answered

by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2021 5:56 PM

saw them live in Memphis in 1985 i believe, along with Atlantic Starr

by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2021 5:56 PM

I love Bernadette Cooper. She was one talented bitch.

by Anonymousreply 9April 2, 2021 6:36 PM

I had forgotten all about Man Size Love

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 5, 2021 4:26 AM

"Man Size Love" had a soundtrack pop production. Klymaxx could have funked it up and made it nastier if it was on their own album.

by Anonymousreply 11April 5, 2021 4:28 AM

Isn’t there several versions of klymaxx playing now? Their bands reunited was one of the best. They were all down for the reunion but wanted nothing to do with Cheryl Cooley who bought the name behind their backs. They agreed to be in a room with her and hashed it out for a bit but all pretty much said she was full of shit.

“I Miss You” was the #3 biggest song of 1986 despite peaking at #5 on the hot 100 because it stayed on the charts for so long.

by Anonymousreply 12April 5, 2021 4:37 AM

Don't slap me!

by Anonymousreply 13April 5, 2021 4:57 AM

Somebody pass me a mirror

by Anonymousreply 14April 5, 2021 5:14 AM

R14 you are confusing Bernadette with Morris Day, though she is kind of the female version of him.

by Anonymousreply 15April 5, 2021 5:17 AM

Not trying to throw shade, but weren't they all lesbians?

I remember when they were hot in the late '80s, a lesbian friend of mine told me they love to play Klymaxx and Whitney Houston on the dance floor

by Anonymousreply 16April 5, 2021 5:21 AM

Klymaxx / Expose Tour - Make it happen!

by Anonymousreply 17April 24, 2021 4:47 AM

Meeting In the Ladies Room has one of the best bridges.

by Anonymousreply 18April 24, 2021 5:37 AM

Someone's gotta find their full Bands Reunited episode online

by Anonymousreply 19July 25, 2021 4:07 AM

They will never reunite the original line-up

by Anonymousreply 20October 2, 2021 4:59 AM

I had to leave my condo to come to this Well, I'm back but this time I'm with my man And these women are puttin' their hands all over his Yamamoto Kanzai sweater that I bought And I'm much, much unhappy about that I'd hate to come down to their level and become a BW A basic woman but if they don't stop, it's gonna get scandalous

by Anonymousreply 21October 2, 2021 5:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!