Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

OMG! There's a ship stuck in the Suez Canal!

What if the caftan I ordered is onboard? What if it's trapped there forever?

Hold me, David. I'm scared!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26March 29, 2021 4:53 PM

Is there any way they can dismantle the ship?

by Anonymousreply 1March 26, 2021 4:04 PM

No R1. It is apparently the size of the Empire State Building. They are digging it out.

by Anonymousreply 2March 26, 2021 4:08 PM

Whose brilliant idea was it to steer a ship this size into the narrow-ass Suez Canal? The vessel was "hit by a gust of wind" and ran aground? Puh-leeze.

by Anonymousreply 3March 26, 2021 4:12 PM

We know

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2021 4:14 PM

They don't seem to be having any luck, R2.

by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2021 4:20 PM

Why can't they push the stern end? Or find a way to dam the section of the canal around the ship and fill it with water to float it up and move it.

by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2021 4:20 PM

How are they going to dig it out though? Wouldn't you think they need to free it from underneath too? It's probably all stuck up on sandbars underneath.

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2021 4:23 PM

Stupid. Do you think you're funny, OP?

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2021 4:26 PM

I hope they get it out soon.. there are thousands of animals stuck in ships that are waiting to get thru.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 28, 2021 1:52 AM

$45 billion lost so far... fun website to keep track

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 28, 2021 1:54 AM

R9, why do you always use conservative, right leaning sources? It seems as though you frequently stumble across these sites and link them for sourcing. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

[quote] They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 28, 2021 2:21 AM

No wonder the world fucked-up the pandemic, we can't even get a ship unstuck.

by Anonymousreply 12March 28, 2021 2:24 AM

Good commentary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 28, 2021 2:32 AM

[quote] Good commentary.

Ha! Nice try R13. Campbell University?

[quote] Associate Professor Sal Mercogliano of Campbell University

Campbell University:

[quote] Campbell University is a private Baptist university in Buies Creek, North Carolina. It was founded in 1887 by Baptist minister J.A. Campbell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 28, 2021 2:39 AM

They're saying that if the ship isn't freed soon, THERE WILL BE A WORLDWIDE TOILET PAPER SHORTAGE!!!

AGAIN!!!!

by Anonymousreply 15March 28, 2021 2:54 AM

There's gonna be a worldwide shortage of toilet paper if they don't get that ship unstuck.

by Anonymousreply 16March 28, 2021 3:02 AM

R11 I don't always use conservative websites. But I do check out the headlines at drudge sometimes because I don't see the same article somewhere else. Not a conservative but I read things from both sides. Drudge is a good aggregate news source, they have every paper of note listed and use sources from different sites. I don't always pay attention to if the news site is conservative or not. I don't like reading conservative opinions but if it is straight news I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 17March 28, 2021 3:28 AM

Yup I bought some TP this weekend just in case.

by Anonymousreply 18March 28, 2021 9:06 PM

Haven't we all got a 12-pack in our storerooms, from the last shortage?

by Anonymousreply 19March 29, 2021 4:30 AM

We are not gonna get our shit on time and we will pay more for our shit?

by Anonymousreply 20March 29, 2021 4:46 AM

I'm free!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 29, 2021 5:59 AM

Which direction was it sailing?

by Anonymousreply 22March 29, 2021 6:13 AM

Freedom!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 29, 2021 1:31 PM

[quote]I'm free!!!!!

You may be cheap, bitch, but we both know you ain't free.

by Anonymousreply 24March 29, 2021 3:51 PM

The conspiracy theorists have put a load of bullshit out that Hillary was the captain of this shit, the ship was packed full of child sex slaves, etc., etc.

by Anonymousreply 25March 29, 2021 4:48 PM

Everytime I pass this thread the the title has me cracking up...I want to be you friend in RL OP

by Anonymousreply 26March 29, 2021 4:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!