Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Some dirt from Sharon Stone's upcoming memoir:

"In one instance, she reveals that an unnamed producer brought her into his office to suggest she sleep with a male costar so that they'd have more chemistry. "He explained to me why I should f— my costar so that we could have onscreen chemistry. Why, in his day, he made love to Ava Gardner onscreen and it was so sensational! Now just the creepy thought of him in the same room with Ava Gardner gave me pause," she wrote.

She says she recalls thinking, "You guys insisted on this actor when he couldn't get one whole scene out in the test.… Now you think if I f— him, he will become a fine actor? Nobody's that good in bed. I felt they could have just hired a costar with talent, someone who could deliver a scene and remember his lines. I also felt they could f--- him themselves and leave me out of it. It was my job to act and I said so." As a result, Stone says she was labeled "difficult.". "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251October 5, 2021 12:36 PM

I bet it was whichever Baldwin was in 'Sliver.'

by Anonymousreply 1March 19, 2021 5:33 AM

I can't imagine who she could be talking to. The only old time movie star she worked with before she hit it big in Basic Instinct was Robert Mitchum in The Winds of War II and he played her father or father-in-law.

by Anonymousreply 2March 19, 2021 5:34 AM

A Baldwin brother made love to Ava Gardner onscreen back in his day, R1?

by Anonymousreply 3March 19, 2021 5:35 AM

R3 The co-star and producer talking about fucking Ava Gardner are two different people.

by Anonymousreply 4March 19, 2021 5:39 AM

Sharon is not very good so it’s a bit rich that she thinks she is great.

by Anonymousreply 5March 19, 2021 5:40 AM

Some world class idiots on this thread. The producer slept with Ava Gardner. She's probably talking about Billy Baldwin. How embarrassing for you, r3.

by Anonymousreply 6March 19, 2021 5:40 AM

The producer made love to Ava Gardner onscreen?

by Anonymousreply 7March 19, 2021 5:42 AM

Sorry, dickhead R3, it seems she said the producer slept with Ava Gardner onscreen. Actors can be producers too, didn't ya know?

by Anonymousreply 8March 19, 2021 5:43 AM

There was someone she didn’t fuck in Hollywood? She had more stretched out rubber in her than the reject section of a Goodyear Tire factory.

by Anonymousreply 9March 19, 2021 5:44 AM

The producer on Sliver was Robert Evans, who dated Ava Gardner. Geez!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 19, 2021 5:46 AM

She is a compulsive liar. I don’t believe any of her stories.

by Anonymousreply 11March 19, 2021 5:46 AM

Wow. Robert Evans was NEVER attractive, R10!

by Anonymousreply 12March 19, 2021 6:19 AM

William Baldwin right?

by Anonymousreply 13March 19, 2021 6:22 AM

Sharon Stone made love to Ava Gardner? Holy shit! The things you learn.

by Anonymousreply 14March 19, 2021 6:23 AM

She's decided not to use actual names when discussing shit that happened 30 years ago. Would've bought the book if she had named some names. I dont like the guessing game stuff. Some people treated her horribly or were a mess--30 years ago. She even mentions one director who was too coked out to work but eventually sobered up and had a great career. not sure why she's being so coy on the names.

by Anonymousreply 15March 19, 2021 6:26 AM

Billy Baldwin told Sharon Stone to make love to Ava Gardner on Robert Evans' television. Learn to read!

by Anonymousreply 16March 19, 2021 6:27 AM

How many times has she almost died? And it’s always in spectacularly dramatic fashion. Nothing is by halves for Stone. She seems to get joy from discussing it all in great and graphic detail - like, my neck was hanging on by a thread after I was sliced by a clothing line. It cut me to ribbons and was within a mms of my jugular vein being ruptured. I was struck by lightening in my own kitchen...

She’s almost giving liz “I read my own obituaries” Taylor a run for her money.

Actresses! It’s times like this I remember that they would just be those weird drama queens at high school that people rolled their eyes at.

by Anonymousreply 17March 19, 2021 7:04 AM

Sharon Stone has and always will be an attention seeking (fill in blank yourself).

by Anonymousreply 18March 19, 2021 7:10 AM

She also claims that her career was ruined by her haemorrhage, when most people didn’t even know she’d had this until she began endlessly talking about it. Liz Taylor bounced back after her brain tumour... and that was all well publicised.

I liked stone but she just seems to talk so much bullshit and really just seems like a Tedx Speaker at this point (see her Oprah master class clip) .

I find it hard to believe she had such a severe brain episode and has recovered so fully after having to teach herself how to “walk” , “talk” and even “hear” again with no trace of said illness. But hey, it makes a great underdog story and will get her on Oprah.

Let’s not forget her claiming she had a genius level iq. Everything is always extreme. She’s had the best and worst of everything. To quote someone from the Ali machete thread years ago- “she wants our envy and our pity”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 19, 2021 7:13 AM

Ali Macgraw*

by Anonymousreply 20March 19, 2021 7:15 AM

Sliver was a difficult shoot and not a happy experience for Stone. She barely spoke to Baldwin, and I’d Be angry too if he couldn’t even memorize his lines

by Anonymousreply 21March 19, 2021 7:15 AM

I'm actually quite shocked by all of this!

by Anonymousreply 22March 19, 2021 7:15 AM

She's an actress! They love drama, the love to spice up a story!

by Anonymousreply 23March 19, 2021 7:19 AM

I'd be angry too if I had to do a movie with that idiot Baldwin brother who couldn't act his way out of a gym bag.

by Anonymousreply 24March 19, 2021 7:19 AM

Her memoir is called "Romancing the Stone"

by Anonymousreply 25March 19, 2021 7:20 AM

Did she fuck Meloni during her SVU run?

by Anonymousreply 26March 19, 2021 7:25 AM

Totally agree with everything r11 and r19 said but I kind of love her anyway. Shes a notorious liar but at the same time she has a self-awareness and sense of humor about herself that most actresses don’t have. It’s weird.

by Anonymousreply 27March 19, 2021 7:33 AM

Classic histrionic personality disorder r17/ r18/ r19. We actually had a thread on "Celebs with Personality Disorders" here years ago, and discussed this in relation to Stone.

Absolutely textbook case.

by Anonymousreply 28March 19, 2021 7:36 AM

Sharon Stone is crazy but I love her and her near death experience! Never forget she made Gap great at the Oscars ffs. That's a star bb!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 19, 2021 7:37 AM

R19 - just the term "Oprah's Master Class" is laughable.

by Anonymousreply 30March 19, 2021 7:38 AM

R28 she’s wearing it on her sleeve. But sometimes the way she talks about her illnesses, she really does come across bizarrely. Also remember that creepy laugh when she was asked if she’d ever experienced sexual harassment. Something is just off with her.

by Anonymousreply 31March 19, 2021 7:44 AM

she looks great for her age and she never got fat like many do when they are older. must be good genes.

by Anonymousreply 32March 19, 2021 7:45 AM

I worked for Gap at the time, and we sold racks and racks and racks of those black mock turtleneck tees for *years* after that Oscars.

People kept buying them, so corporate kept making them.

by Anonymousreply 33March 19, 2021 7:49 AM

I really don’t think there’s much separating her from Janice Dickinson other than well exercised self restraint and a bit more self awareness. But both seem like real brassy types.

by Anonymousreply 34March 19, 2021 7:49 AM

Is Eva Garten Ina's sister? She's not even famous. Who cares who fucked her? I don't get the drama here.

by Anonymousreply 35March 19, 2021 8:01 AM

just the term "Oprah's Master Class" is laughable.

and yet she's worth 3 billion so she must have done something right

by Anonymousreply 36March 19, 2021 9:14 AM

Larry King is back from the dead making comments on this thread....get it right...Ina Garten fucked Ava Gardner on the casting couch while Sharon Stone watched and had an aneurysm

by Anonymousreply 37March 19, 2021 9:20 AM

So what old actor had a love scene with Ava Gardner that, unbeknownst to audiences was the real deal, who subsequently went on to be a producer of a Sharon Stone movie? Can't be many.

by Anonymousreply 38March 19, 2021 9:21 AM

It’s Robert evans r38 he was in the sun also rises playing the young matador

by Anonymousreply 39March 19, 2021 9:23 AM

I don’t know why she didn’t just name him, as soon as she mentioned Ava Gardner and this brag it was pretty obvious. It’s another of her tactics for dramatic effect... she’s got some intelligence and self awareness for sure, she could have easily become another Sean young it seems

by Anonymousreply 40March 19, 2021 9:27 AM

....in the morn

by Anonymousreply 41March 19, 2021 9:33 AM

fan here of Ali Machete.

by Anonymousreply 42March 19, 2021 9:39 AM

Unnamed Producer is such horseshit. If it was true, tell the truth. And sorry boys, Stone made more than one movie other than "Sliver".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 19, 2021 9:40 AM

Love her!

by Anonymousreply 44March 19, 2021 9:43 AM

perhaps she is saving names for the book

by Anonymousreply 45March 19, 2021 10:06 AM

She’s fun

by Anonymousreply 46March 19, 2021 10:09 AM

R45 I doubt it. A memoir that did that would be great. But they rarely do that. She’d have to have slid down to Barbara Payton level and have nothing to lose first.

by Anonymousreply 47March 19, 2021 10:18 AM

Ava’s gardener moved Sharon’s stone from a Bob Evans restaurant so that Billy Baldwin could learn to read.

by Anonymousreply 48March 19, 2021 10:20 AM

[quote] She seems to get joy from discussing it all in great and graphic detail - like, my neck was hanging on by a thread after I was sliced by a clothing line. It cut me to ribbons and was within a mms of my jugular vein being ruptured. I was struck by lightening in my own kitchen...

In fairness, her husband's toes were bitten off by a Komodo dragon after entering their cage at a zoo.

by Anonymousreply 49March 19, 2021 10:23 AM

What a PR-friendly thing to write; it comes across as if she didn't have lots of sex with older men when she was young, and also middle-aged, she was traveling the dictator and oligarch circuit till a few years ago. And he just asked her to have sex with a good-looking young male Hollywood star, boohoo; don't get that so many female stars back in the days allegedly had sex with most their male co-stars, when so many were gay or ephebephiles or what not, but okay.

I read a story here on dl when it wasn't yet as PR-controlled, that she was working as a regular prostitute in a bar before she became famous.

by Anonymousreply 50March 19, 2021 10:38 AM

If you don't believe that Robert Evans told Sharon Stone to fuck her co-star and then bragged about fucking Ava Gardner, r11, then you don't know anything about Robert Evans.

by Anonymousreply 51March 19, 2021 10:48 AM

She could have fucked 10,000 Frenchmen, r50, it still doesn't mean she isn't allowed to choose who to fuck, nor does it mean that it's appropriate for her boss to tell her to fuck a co-worker.

by Anonymousreply 52March 19, 2021 10:49 AM

I believe her story I just don’t believe it’s quite so sensational.

by Anonymousreply 53March 19, 2021 10:53 AM

They really tried to give her a “Hitchcock blonde” look in Basic Instinct but a large part of that is exuding mystery, aloofness and elegance, and Stone just seems smarmy.

by Anonymousreply 54March 19, 2021 11:01 AM

Stop the victim shaming!

by Anonymousreply 55March 19, 2021 11:31 AM

“ I find it hard to believe she had such a severe brain episode and has recovered so fully after having to teach herself how to “walk” , “talk” and even “hear” again with no trace of said illness. But hey, it makes a great underdog story and will get her on Oprah.”

R19 it’s called the medical advancements in treating strokes. One of my preceptors was working at UCSF and actually took care of Stone there. She was in the VIP room, even though technically there’s no such thing at UCSF but in reality they do for rich donors and the like. She did have a serious stroke the aftermath of it still there 5 years later when she starred in Basic Instinct 2. She had some eye asymmetry that was noticeable in that movie that’s typical of people who have recovered from stroke.

by Anonymousreply 56March 19, 2021 1:06 PM

I like her. Look forward to the book.

by Anonymousreply 57March 19, 2021 1:32 PM

R56 thanks for clearing that up, I’ve known many people who have suffered minor strokes who have not been so lucky to have recovered so well.

by Anonymousreply 58March 19, 2021 2:39 PM

R54 I think they made her look beautiful and she played the role well it’s just it’s a sleazy film. It’s probably the reason she wasn’t nominated.

by Anonymousreply 59March 19, 2021 3:08 PM

She is crazy, but I love her too.

I confess Sliver is one of my guilty pleasures, have seen it countless times, including because of William Baldwin (or is ass). I actually think their animosity works for the (silly) script, where she is attracted to him but also suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 60March 19, 2021 3:14 PM

Nobody tried to fuck me!

by Anonymousreply 61March 19, 2021 3:17 PM

[quote]I worked for Gap at the time, and we sold racks and racks and racks of those black mock turtleneck tees for *years* after that Oscars.

And Sharon's mock was from Holiday 1995, when the top did not sell well, so it was marked down super low. Sharon really made that item come back!

R33, did you save any of the paper playlists from when you worked at Gap?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62March 19, 2021 3:18 PM

LOL, R61.

I love Stone, and have since Basic Instinct came out. I’ll be picking it up on 4K/UHD when it’s released later this year, even though I haven’t seen it in at least 20 years and probably won’t like it as much as I did when I was 14 or whatever. I already own her absurd pre-Basic Instinct thriller Scissors on Blu ray!

When COVID-19 started, I began following her on Instagram. She was deadly serious about it and offered all kinds of tips for safeguarding yourself and others, etc. Then her sister came down with a serious case of it and Sharon was even more dramatic (she’s recovered now). My boyfriend kept asking me why I was following Sharon Stone for the latest COVID info, and I said I had to find someone new to follow once Debi Mazar recovered from her infection and was no longer interesting to me.

I love Stone! I’ll always defend her.

by Anonymousreply 63March 19, 2021 3:23 PM

Sharon also made headlines at the Oscars in 1998 when she wore her husband's white Oxford Woven from Gap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 19, 2021 3:44 PM

Yeah, that's why she was labeled "difficult".

by Anonymousreply 65March 19, 2021 3:47 PM

[quote]If you don't believe that Robert Evans told Sharon Stone to fuck her co-star and then bragged about fucking Ava Gardner, [R11], then you don't know anything about Robert Evans.

Hell, he probably showed her the home movies.

by Anonymousreply 66March 19, 2021 3:58 PM

I'm sure she has lots of stories.

by Anonymousreply 67March 19, 2021 4:00 PM

If you're not going to name names, fuck off, Sharon. Nobody gives a damn.

by Anonymousreply 68March 19, 2021 4:01 PM

R52, I totally agree

by Anonymousreply 69March 19, 2021 4:04 PM

Are we sure Bob Evans didn't tell Sharon Stone to fuck Tom Berenger, Martin Landau, or CCH Pounder on the set of 'Sliver'? Everyone knows Landau and Pounder throw a mean fuck!

Re: Sharon Stone being dramatic, I always think about her ex getting bitten by the komodo dragon when they were getting a private tour at the LA zoo. He nearly died and almost had to have his foot amputated. All because they'd begged to be let in the cage with the dragon...and her ex was barefoot when he got bitten!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 19, 2021 4:08 PM

That’s hilarious about the Komodo. I never heard that. Thank you, R70!

Tom Beren-JAR was even hotter than Baldwin. Way, way hotter.

by Anonymousreply 71March 19, 2021 4:50 PM

I'm sure she fucked many of her co-stars, did she fuck michael douglas?

I know she fucked the writer of basic instinct.

by Anonymousreply 72March 19, 2021 4:57 PM

Haven't people for years speculated that in between jobs in Hollywood, she was a working girl? Not that I have a problem with it. I wish she would go into that stuff. What really happens when you are a struggling actor.

by Anonymousreply 73March 19, 2021 5:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 19, 2021 5:40 PM

I'm looking forward to a good trashy read while still dealing with this pandemic crap

by Anonymousreply 75March 19, 2021 6:24 PM

The producer of Sliver was Robert Evans who once acted opposite Ava Gardner The untalented actor in question is William Baldwin

by Anonymousreply 76March 19, 2021 6:31 PM

She seems nuts but I kinda like that in my movie stars.

by Anonymousreply 77March 19, 2021 6:31 PM

I remember watching Sliver as a kid and that scene where Stephen Baldwin came up behind her naked, bared assed, made me have to run upstairs and spend some "alone time"..

by Anonymousreply 78March 19, 2021 6:45 PM

She doesn’t have to name names in this case. People aren’t stupid. They put producer+ fucked Ava Gardner together and it’s obviously Robert Evans. No talent actor being Baldwin. I think it’s smart she wrote it this way. It makes people guess and talk about her book.

by Anonymousreply 79March 19, 2021 6:47 PM

I love to hear her comments on "The Quick and the Dead".

Also starring Gene Hackman, Russell Crowe (may be his first American movie) and Leonardo DiCaprio.

by Anonymousreply 80March 19, 2021 7:05 PM

Approaching a komodo dragon barefoot makes you a Darwin award winner. He's lucky he left with his stomach and intestines intact.

by Anonymousreply 81March 19, 2021 7:11 PM

I hope t’s as good if not better than Demi and Mariah’s tell alls

by Anonymousreply 82March 19, 2021 7:29 PM

Maybe she’ll spill something about la Dunaway, weren’t they besties for a while

by Anonymousreply 83March 19, 2021 7:33 PM

R51, Robert Evans' marriage to Catherine Oxenberg was annulled after nine days.

by Anonymousreply 84March 19, 2021 7:36 PM

I think that if anyplace is where the standard of appropriate behavior is upheld it is Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 85March 19, 2021 7:47 PM

William Baldwin was not hired for his acting ability.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86March 19, 2021 8:00 PM

[quote] The Komodo dragon then attacked Bronstein’s foot, crushing his big toe in its jaws, while groups of children pressed their horrified faces against the glass. The editor managed to pry open the reptile’s mouth and make his way out of the cage, where Stone made a tourniquet out of his sock and waited for medical assistance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87March 19, 2021 8:05 PM

R12, you are BLIND.

by Anonymousreply 88March 19, 2021 8:14 PM

DL fave Julia Phillips recalled encountering Bob Evans as he sashayed his bedazzled self down the hallway at some movie studio during her reign as a top Hollywood producer. As she and a galpal passed by Evans, Julia allegedly loudly whispered: "Who is the hairdresser?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89March 19, 2021 8:16 PM

You gotta love Sharon, she's the closest thing Hollywood has to Joan Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 90March 19, 2021 8:40 PM

The only thing good about Sliver is the soundtrack.

by Anonymousreply 91March 19, 2021 8:41 PM

So did she fuck billy baldwin?

by Anonymousreply 92March 19, 2021 8:46 PM

So, just to keep this straight, Sharon Stone had an affair with Ava Gardner and Lana Turner, and the producer did, too, and the production team then gang banged the co-star actor for being so lousy and insulting Ava Gardner, which got Frank all upset and the threatened to do a "Kllgallen" on him?

Have I got it right?

by Anonymousreply 93March 19, 2021 8:51 PM

No no no, R93 - do try to keep up!!

Producer Ron Silver asked Sharon Stone to fuck Billy Barty on the set of Slither. Silver also fucked Eva Gabor way back when they co-starred in the movie M

by Anonymousreply 94March 19, 2021 9:25 PM

Frank Sinatra fucked Billy Baldwin while Sharon and Ava watched? Hot.

by Anonymousreply 95March 19, 2021 9:31 PM

Multiple shots of Billy's hot ass beg to differ R91

by Anonymousreply 96March 19, 2021 9:34 PM

R96, Have you seen him lately? All of the Baldwin brothers are not aging well.

by Anonymousreply 97March 19, 2021 10:52 PM

Robert Evans was obsessed with making Sliver the next hot property. At one point, Roman Polanski was to direct in Paris with Demi Moore, Bruce Willis and River Phoenix as Zeke. Once basic instinct hit, they hired Stone along with Kurt Russell and Johnny Depp who quickly departed when the script failed to get better. Stone was stuck and they brought in her B list supporting cast. Sharon deserved better in this case.

by Anonymousreply 98March 19, 2021 11:20 PM

Sliver was fun trash

by Anonymousreply 99March 19, 2021 11:21 PM

Sharon is mensa. Smart lady if not a little nuts. Gorgeous, to boot. Love her!

by Anonymousreply 100March 19, 2021 11:26 PM

Was it ever proven that she was actually in MENSA?

by Anonymousreply 101March 19, 2021 11:30 PM

From what I gather, Sharon’s sleeping with Ava Gardner caused Sharon’s aneurysm, her sister’s COVID, & her husband’s toe loss, which Robert Evan’s adapted into the movie-musical Footless.

by Anonymousreply 102March 19, 2021 11:33 PM

Evans fucking hated her forever after she spread the lie that he had kept a female friend of hers hostage for weeks in a dog collar -- and the friend gained 100 pounds later in trauma. Evans bitchslapped her in his cartoon as well.

by Anonymousreply 103March 19, 2021 11:38 PM

LOL, R102!

by Anonymousreply 104March 19, 2021 11:53 PM

I wonder if she fucked Gil Gerard. In 1982 or so--right before he began ballooning--he made a TV movie with that other thespian, Victoria Principal. He played a womanizer, Principal a prim and uptight version of Victoria She-Killed-Andy-Gibb Principal. Stone had a small part--four or five scenes-with Gerard who, at the time, was a big tv star, although at the tail end of his short-lived fame. I think two of the scenes were with Gerard, in bed.

I wonder if he ever fucked Ava Gardner. Or Olivia deHavilland, who he co-starred with in Airport 77. Or maybe he did BOTH Gardner and deHavilland while Sharon had her big toe eaten by a kimodo dragon while Billy Baldwin watched, wearing a kimono.

by Anonymousreply 105March 20, 2021 12:01 AM

I love Sharon. Yeah, she's a bit crazy but she seems like a nice person and does have a sense of humour about herself.

Also, let's not forget all the money she raised for AIDS research and fundraisers over the years.

Also, I appreciated her COVID-related social media posts because she stressed how horrible it could be if a loved one caught it and stressed the importance of wearing a mask. She wasn't like Kirk Cameron, encouraging people to meet up in large groups. She used her social media for something important, instead of other celebrities who just took selfies of themselves or complained about their privilege during the pandemic. Was she overdramatic sometimes? Sure. But she sure as hell got her point across.

by Anonymousreply 106March 20, 2021 4:04 AM

She was great in Casino, of course, and the scene where her character is fucking Joe Pesci's character behind hubby Robert De Niro's back was intense and super realistic.

by Anonymousreply 107March 20, 2021 4:29 AM

I like Stone. To me, she's a men's ( straight and gay) actress. Never a women's favorite like Julia Roberts, Meg Ryan, etc. She has this fierce, sexy, bitchy vibes about her that just makes her appealing for the gays and straights.

A dying breed imo.

by Anonymousreply 108March 20, 2021 4:50 AM

That's been well-established, r76. Do you comment without reading the thread or do you just have me blocked?

By the way, I'm STILL waiting for r3 to apologize to r1 for that "learn to read" muff-up. Manners!

by Anonymousreply 109March 20, 2021 5:44 AM

[Quote] Or maybe he did BOTH Gardner and deHavilland while Sharon had her big toe eaten by a kimodo dragon while Billy Baldwin watched, wearing a kimono.

Billy could probably do with a few kaftans 🤣

by Anonymousreply 110March 20, 2021 6:20 AM

She was funny in The Muse. Good riff on Hollywood’s misguided self-help/guru-dependent inclinations.

by Anonymousreply 111March 20, 2021 8:53 AM

I think she gives herself too much credit. She was never a true movie star. She was in one movie that got attention because of the sexuality and her pussy flashing. Nobody ever really went to a Sharon Stone movie. She was a B actress at best.

by Anonymousreply 112March 20, 2021 9:12 AM

Actually, she’s much more a star than an actress, r112, including by your definition. She is underrated sometimes, but her name is much bigger than the sum of her parts. Love her.

by Anonymousreply 113March 20, 2021 10:11 AM

Didn't she do no panties and then act offended? We don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 114March 20, 2021 10:26 AM

LMAO! You bitches are delivering. Reminds me of DL back in the day.

What r113 wrote and I write this as having watched, it its entirety, exactly one movie starring Sharon Stone:

Total Recall

Never saw her before but immediately, she held my attention. The deal was sealed in that fight scene with Schwarzenegger's character- total, contemporary movie Movie Stah, to the max.

by Anonymousreply 115March 20, 2021 11:25 AM

R59 Sharon Stone's makeup and hair in Basic Instinct were the best she has ever looked. Of course, she criticized the makeup artist in an interview that he gave in recent years. She's horrid.

There was a pottery store on Robertson that she used to go pick out a bunch of things and expect them to be comped.

by Anonymousreply 116March 20, 2021 11:46 AM

typo: an interview that she gave ^^^

by Anonymousreply 117March 20, 2021 11:47 AM

If you want to guarantee that your movie is a flop, hire Sharon Stone.

Why is this woman a star? The only hit she ever had was thirty years ago

by Anonymousreply 118March 20, 2021 11:59 AM

SPOILER ALERT ---

Sharon Stone was great in Basic Instinct and Casino. But, in Basic Instinct you knew that she was the killer from the time you saw the nude scene that showed breast implants that looked liked two baseballs.

She keeps repeating that tall tale about not knowing that her genitals would be shown on screen. I laughed when I saw it because it looked like she was wearing a synthetic blonde merkin.

by Anonymousreply 119March 20, 2021 12:08 PM

Just to be clear here: the sex scenes in Sliver are among the hottest in movies of that time - but especially in the unrated edition. The shots of Billy Baldwin furiously screwing her from behind were constant sources of jack-off material for me and prob many other gaylings of the time. He was unbelievably, smokingly hot back then. A perfect body and perfect ass.

by Anonymousreply 120March 20, 2021 12:13 PM

I tried to find an online source for this, but all I came up with was the below link which is interesting in and of itself. In the unauthorized bio on Steve Wynn called 'Running Scared', multiple sources claim Steve Wynn vehemently pursued Sharon Stone while she was filming 'Casino' in Las Vegas. From sending dozens of roses to her villa at the Mirage (which he owned), to knocking on the door of her villa and demanding she have dinner with him. It got so uncomfortable for Stone that she moved out of the Mirage villa to an undisclosed location for the rest of the 'Casino' shoot. Ironically, 'Running Scared' was published in 1995, 23 years before Steve Wynn was ousted from his own company for repeatedly sexually harassing employees over a span of 30 years. It's also a known fact here in Vegas that both newspapers (the Las Vegas Sun and the Las Vegas Review-Journal) halted investigations of Wynn for decades, though they'd been given enough tips to run with the story. Another example of money and power silencing the press.

I'll be interested to see if Stone mentions the Wynn stuff in her book. The link below is interesting because--as someone mentioned above--her lawyer Marty Singer also represented Priscilla Presley and Eddie Murphy in libel suits. Perhaps a reason Stone is being coy with naming Robert Evans and Billy Baldwin in the book. Besides which, it's drumming up speculation and interest in the book, which is a win-win for sales.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121March 20, 2021 1:25 PM

I think she did Sliver as a favor for Robert Evans...which begs the questions in return for what?

It was an awful movie and Stone played against type everyone was expecting her to vixen it up and she played Carly very meekly. Word was Baldwin and Stone hated each other. Tom Berenger was way hotter than creepy Baldwin.

I still love her though. She's from bumfuck Pennsylvania and look at her. She was a one of the most beautiful women of her age. She was buds with Faye Dunaway for a while ...but just not as crazy..almost.

by Anonymousreply 122March 20, 2021 1:49 PM

R116 that must be when she was near-broke. She admitted to having to start all over financially, including having to remortgage her house, after taking 2 years hiatus recovering from her stroke. Her acting offers dried up probably due to combination of her age and health history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123March 20, 2021 3:11 PM

Erm, hey - all you bitches. I would just remind you of all the work Sharon Stone did at the height of her stardom for AMFAR, covering for and eventually taking over for Elizabeth Taylor.

YOU’RE WELCOME.

by Anonymousreply 124March 20, 2021 3:11 PM

Sharon lives in a house that used to be owned by Montgomery Clift. Think of all the hot asses that used to pass through that house. She lives there with all 3 of her adopted sons, including Roan whom she’d adopted with Bronstein and subsequently lost custody of after the divorce. It’s interesting that she chose to adopt boys, kind of fit into the narrative that she feels more connection to men rather than women.

by Anonymousreply 125March 20, 2021 3:20 PM

Sharon is a perfect example.of how the right hairstyle can make your career. She would never have been such a huge star if she kept the generic long blonde hair she sported in Irreconcilable Differences.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126March 20, 2021 3:58 PM

Sharon Stone and Jennifer Aniston are two actresses with middling talent whose publicists work overtime to keep in the headlines

by Anonymousreply 127March 20, 2021 4:01 PM

Many of the songs from the excellent 'Sliver' soundtrack are on several 1993 Gap In-Store Playlists!

BTW, there's a building in the Turtle Creek/Oak Lawn area of Dallas that looks almost exactly like the 'Sliver' building.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128March 20, 2021 4:20 PM

R128, GapPlaylistsGuy, did Ms. Stone get GAP stock or discounts for wearing GAP at the awards shows?

by Anonymousreply 129March 20, 2021 4:27 PM

R126 To a point. However, Sharon was one of the rare, extremely beautiful women who could pull off very short haircut. Angelina Jolie early in her career sported short hairstyles and also looked fantastic. But give Sharon’s or Angelina’s haircut on 90% of Hollywood leading ladies 1990s to present, and they won’t look as great. You have to have an extremely beautiful face to pull it off.

Sharon Stone looked even better with short hair than Angelina Jolie, her oval face and more refined features went so well with short styles. Jolie looked great either way but she turned into old Hollywood goddess, ridiculously beautiful when she stuck with long hair.

by Anonymousreply 130March 20, 2021 4:45 PM

R123 Nope. This was way before her aneurysm.

by Anonymousreply 131March 20, 2021 4:46 PM

R129, not that we ever heard about in the stores.

I think the publicity was mutually beneficial for both Gap and La Stone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132March 20, 2021 4:46 PM

What are you going to do, arrest me for smoking?

by Anonymousreply 133March 20, 2021 4:47 PM

I'll be analyzing your claim, R90.

by Anonymousreply 134March 20, 2021 5:21 PM

I was surprised how awful she was in Ratched. It almost seemed like she was having a hard time physically and mentally doing that role. I think that stroke really did a number on her.

by Anonymousreply 135March 20, 2021 6:04 PM

R130 Halle Berry is another one whose short hair cut made her career and highlighted her beauty. As you say few women look better with short hair. Most women look the same or worse with super short hair. And bonus!! Halle is even more crazy than Sharon!

by Anonymousreply 136March 20, 2021 6:07 PM

Gorgeous woman and still is. If she's had any work done, it's been incredibly tasteful. My guess is that it's mostly due to good genes. She was always beautiful, but I can see where she'd be hard to cast early on. Someone that beautiful isn't usually cast as the ingenue or the likable gal pals. She's a little intimidating to many people. To be that beautiful and have that much intelligence is a rare combo.

As an actress, she has to be well cast or well directed. I don't think she's the kind of actress who can be left to their own devices and churn out a brilliant performance. She's been truly iconic in two films - Basic Instinct and Casino - and that's not too bad when you think of how many actors spend their entire lives putting out quality work but never get that one iconic performance. I can't imagine anyone else in either of those roles.

by Anonymousreply 137March 20, 2021 6:49 PM

"Schindler's B-List".

by Anonymousreply 138March 20, 2021 9:00 PM

She was amazing in Casino, and so beautiful. I also loved de Niro's wardrobe in that film. More men should dress a little dandy. Because it pleases me!

by Anonymousreply 139March 20, 2021 9:19 PM

Everyone says how great she was in Casino. I didn’t see it. Ok at best. Unsurprisingly she lost the Oscar to Sarandon. Scorsese just didn’t pull out of her what we got in Basic Instinct, which was a balls to the wall, fierce performance. She deserved the Oscar nom for that. I would’ve loved to see her get Pfeiffers Love Field slot.

by Anonymousreply 140March 20, 2021 9:25 PM

Sharon is a better comedic actress than dramatic one. When she acts in dramas, she always ends up recreating the Catherine Tramell persona. Just look at her SVU performance for proof.

by Anonymousreply 141March 20, 2021 9:58 PM

That's not true...she was very good in Mosaic and vulnerable.

by Anonymousreply 142March 20, 2021 10:14 PM

I thought Sharon won for Casino.

by Anonymousreply 143March 20, 2021 10:57 PM

Here we go.

by Anonymousreply 144March 20, 2021 11:07 PM

^oops. Wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 145March 20, 2021 11:08 PM

[quote]I thought Sharon won for Casino.

Sharon won the Golden Globe for Casino. She lost the Oscar to Susan Sarandon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146March 20, 2021 11:13 PM

I hated Cat Woman(and Halley Berry)but, Sharon's character could have been a great comic book supervillain, a beautiful woman who's actually made of living concrete.

by Anonymousreply 147March 20, 2021 11:22 PM

I have worked with her. She is a nightmare. And not like "you would not say that about a man" type of comparison. She thinks she is Meryl Streep. She lies, just even on the smallest things. She has this affectation in her speech that just annoys the fuck out of you. The "Gap" thing was not a shirt, it was a t-shirt an it was not a gap t-shirt after all but an expensive designer one.

by Anonymousreply 148March 20, 2021 11:33 PM

R148 spill more tea.

by Anonymousreply 149March 20, 2021 11:59 PM

R148 is lying about Sharon’s Gap Stretch Mock Turtleneck.

by Anonymousreply 150March 21, 2021 12:29 AM

She's a self-proclaimed member of MENSA.

by Anonymousreply 151March 21, 2021 1:22 AM

Obviously none of you have seen her star turn as Blake Chandler in 1984’s Irreconcilable Differences

by Anonymousreply 152March 21, 2021 2:00 AM

How low must you be? I mean, truly? How LOW must you be to claim I am LYING about my Gap t-shirt! I have never LIED in the morn!

by Anonymousreply 153March 21, 2021 2:15 AM

Should be a thread on Robert Evans. What a piece of work he is. I'm reading his wiki page and oh boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154March 21, 2021 2:44 AM

[quote]Principal a prim and uptight version of Victoria She-Killed-Andy-Gibb Principal.

Victoria Principal killed Andy Gibb?

by Anonymousreply 155March 21, 2021 2:53 AM

Andy Gibb committed suicide after a breakup with Victoria Principal.

by Anonymousreply 156March 21, 2021 2:55 AM

r19, you would be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 157March 21, 2021 2:57 AM

r9 Who do we reckon or who is rumoured to have slept with Sharon Stone in Hollywood and showbiz?

by Anonymousreply 158March 21, 2021 3:00 AM

Does she talk much about her "good friend" the Dalai Lama?

by Anonymousreply 159March 21, 2021 3:03 AM

Wow reading that really makes me like her.

by Anonymousreply 160March 21, 2021 3:21 AM

r148 - I did some charity work she was involved in. When you do charity you expect there is not a huge budget. She demanded to be limoed to the event when others who were bigger stars, were fine paying for their own car. She demanded a special meal at the event, which was your basic fancy chicken or beef with a vegetarian option. This was at the time she was with Phil Bronstein. She talked about how big his dick was the whole night..at a fucking charity event.

There are other stories. She did an impromptu fundraiser at a UNICEF event for mosquito nets and got 1 million, but only 250K was actually collected which left UNICEF on the hook for 750K. On the red carpet at Cannes she was asked about the earthquake in China, which at the time was one of the most deadly. SHe called it Karma for how they treat Tibetians.

by Anonymousreply 161March 21, 2021 3:35 AM

R161 if you’re getting a big celebrity to attend your charity event of course you have to get them a car. Nobodies get cars.

by Anonymousreply 162March 21, 2021 3:45 AM

r50 Dictator and oligarch circuit??? Which of those has she met?

by Anonymousreply 163March 21, 2021 3:55 AM

Kirstie Alley hysterically debunked Sharon's panty-less Basic Instinct story/claims during a David Letterman appearance in 1993. Perhaps someone can link it from youtube. Titled: "Kirstie Alley wants to help Sharon Stone". The quality is horrible but it's worth it!

by Anonymousreply 164March 21, 2021 6:31 AM

starts around 4 minutes in

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165March 21, 2021 6:41 AM

Stone was real hot for the much younger Dweezil Zappa and wanted him for her long term partner. They had an affair for a short time in 1996 and then he moved on to other women. He apparently is well equipped and made her famous vagina very happy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166March 21, 2021 7:32 AM

r162 sometimes if you can arrange a service to donate but not always. I have done some pretty big events and when stars get diva attitude it can turn sour quick. My boss paid for her car service because he wanted her there. I told him "Meryl is paying for her own," and he lauhged and said "Meryl is not a cunt."

by Anonymousreply 167March 21, 2021 2:09 PM

Why would anyone believe Kirstie Alley? She's a Trumpster who claims she was so in love with John Travolta

by Anonymousreply 168March 21, 2021 4:55 PM

Your loss bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169March 21, 2021 5:14 PM

R81 The best part of the story was after the Komodo Dragon bit Bronstein's foot, it then bit Bronstein on the ass as he was trying to get out of the cage.

by Anonymousreply 170March 21, 2021 8:29 PM

R170 I can't be bothered to read an article I read 15 yrs ago...but I hope what you say is true!😂

by Anonymousreply 171March 22, 2021 3:37 AM

[quote]R39 It’s Robert evans. he was in the sun also rises playing the young matador

Yes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172March 22, 2021 3:59 AM

[quote]R54 They really tried to give her a “Hitchcock blonde” look in Basic Instinct

I think they did this with her more so in INTERSECTION (1994)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173March 22, 2021 4:09 AM

Seems it took her a long time to realize her self worth.

by Anonymousreply 174March 22, 2021 4:13 AM

that film journalist Dave Poland tweeted it was Billy Baldwin. Someone asked how he knew. He said that from the time in her career she describes it as being it could only have been Baldwin or Stallone. He knew the producers of each of those films and said the Sliver producer was much more the type who would ask such a thing.

by Anonymousreply 175March 22, 2021 4:33 AM

R174 really? I don’t think she could ever be accused of having a “low self-esteem.” Like ever.

by Anonymousreply 176March 22, 2021 4:33 AM

[quote]R83 Maybe she’ll spill something about la Dunaway, weren’t they besties for a while?

Yes, they were. I don’t know how that happened. It was around the time Basic Instinct opened... though Dunaway at one point said they first met when Stone was still a model in New York.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177March 22, 2021 4:34 AM

r175 But is the implication that Robert Evans was the sleaze culprit here or is it being implied or suggested that Billy Baldwin also is a sleaze and would have been up for sleeping with/ shagging Sharon Stone off set in order to built up chemistry and even knew or encouraged Robert Evans to put that idea to Sharon?

by Anonymousreply 178March 22, 2021 4:37 AM

Dunaway talks about Stone in her book. She says she encouraged Stone to fight for above the title billing like she did with Bonnie and Clyde. She said Warren gave it to her (though I hear a paycut was also involved.) But Michael Douglas wouldn't extend the same generosity for Stone.

Faye says held Stone up after the film ended and told her she was now a star. Sharon was near fainting I guess from the thrill of it.

by Anonymousreply 179March 22, 2021 4:39 AM

[quote] shagging

R178, Shagging? Oh, and stop trying to push the Robert Evans thing.

by Anonymousreply 180March 22, 2021 4:42 AM

Here's what Poland tweeted: I guess a Sharon Stone won’t be getting any Christmas cards from Billy Baldwin anymore.

(then someone asks if he's sure that's who she meant) and he replies:

Based on the producer she seems to be hinting at, yes.

Before basic instinct, she wasn’t a leading woman. The story doesn’t fit most of her jobs after that and before she became a supporting star. The other option is Stallone, but the Whoppers don’t quite fit Jerry Weintraub.

by Anonymousreply 181March 22, 2021 4:43 AM

Everything about Sliver was terrible. Billy Baldwin was a shit cherry on a shit cake.

by Anonymousreply 182March 22, 2021 4:45 AM

so did she fuck billy or not?!

by Anonymousreply 183March 22, 2021 4:46 AM

r180 I am not trying to push anything but merely asked a question.You dont know what shagging means or you dont like the word?

r181 Thank you so does that leans towards the theory Sharon was implying sleazy intentions on part of Billy or because she dissed his acting? I cant decide!

r182 He looks very sexy in it! Hottest of the Baldwin brothers!

by Anonymousreply 184March 22, 2021 4:50 AM

I think it means that she dissed his acting. It sounds like the producer was the sleazy one not Baldwin.

by Anonymousreply 185March 22, 2021 4:51 AM

She was like the high school slut to Meg and Julia's frau cheerleader types in movies. In my experience those wholesome types were often sluttier than girls that didn't deny having sex.

by Anonymousreply 186March 22, 2021 4:53 AM

r185 sounds plausible .I guess we have to wait for the book to get more details .

I found his scenes I have seen from that film convincing in terms of acting. His sexy psycho stud scene were he is saying to her its ok its ok im here as he imitates oral sex sucking her finger is so hot and believable.

by Anonymousreply 187March 22, 2021 4:56 AM

Billy was hot as fuck at one time. And I agree with the poster upthread the hottest Baldwin for a minute. I used to beat off to him fucking the girl in the Flatliners tape. With Hope Davis as the ugly fiancé . This was around the time Roberts sampled him too before moving on to Keifer with the famous dad.

by Anonymousreply 188March 22, 2021 5:00 AM

Billy got hit with the ugly stick around age 40 or so.

He's a mess in that Kevin Kline movie where he plays the tennis pro.

by Anonymousreply 189March 22, 2021 5:03 AM

[quote]R140 Everyone says how great she was in Casino. I didn’t see it. Ok at best.

No, she’s excellent in that. It’s hard for me to imagine another actress being better. And that character goes through a lot of change.

I love the way she plays drunk in this scene (the slurry “I wouldn’t do that if I were you...”)

I think she’s just okay in a lot of Basic Instinct. But that’s partially because she’s just having to play the broad idea of a character... not an actually well written character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190March 22, 2021 5:03 AM

She's great in the remake of Diabolique. Bad movie but she's great.

by Anonymousreply 191March 22, 2021 5:05 AM

r191 What did you think of her in the 1999 movie The Muse? I remember arriving to see it ten minutes late and as I entered the theatre two gay guys I knew from the local gay scene were walking out and said we warn you it is bloody awful !!They were trying to change to another film.

r188 I never knew Billy dated Julia Roberts?

by Anonymousreply 192March 22, 2021 5:10 AM

I don't think Billy and Julia dated and were probably just fucking til she hooked up with Kiefer. That's the impression I got from an old Movieline story and a couple of items online. But the internet has her linked to almost every male costar so who can know, granted everyone know she's fucked at least half of them.

by Anonymousreply 193March 22, 2021 5:16 AM

Billy was peak hot/dreamy in Backdraft and Ron Howays let you see his ass and shower.

by Anonymousreply 194March 22, 2021 5:37 AM

Howard*

by Anonymousreply 195March 22, 2021 5:37 AM

[quote]She is a compulsive liar. I don’t believe any of her stories.

You think it's hard to believe that some fugly producer fucked a Hollywood actress?

by Anonymousreply 196March 22, 2021 5:49 AM

Wow, Dunaway was over 50 in that picture and looks gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 197March 22, 2021 5:51 AM

Interesting Faye Dunaway hitches her wagon to Sharon Stone and Audrey Hepburn hitches hers to Julia Roberts. I bet Faye feels like a Hollywood outsider in certain ways.

by Anonymousreply 198March 22, 2021 5:55 AM

I could not find the exact look (probably because It was custom made) but I believe Stone's shirt look is a Jil Sander piece, skirt included.

by Anonymousreply 199March 22, 2021 5:58 AM

I think I finally got it straight, Andy Gibb murdered Victoria Principal because she slept with Ava Gardner in 1955 and aborted their love child, Sharon Stone. Sharon made a remarkable recovery from the abortion, after she was found in Frank Sinatra’s trash can by Billy Baldwin. Many years later, a producer asked Faye Dunaway to sleep with Billy Baldwin while dressed in her Mommie Dearest drag and call him Greg. Sharon wanted to watch, but she was traumatized by the wire hanger in Faye’s hand because it reminded her of the abortion that Victoria attempted on her. Frank Sinatra then ate a sandwich and someone fucked Ruta Lee while Marla Gibbs was trying to finger Jackee Harry on Hollywood Squares.

by Anonymousreply 200March 22, 2021 6:02 AM

Trivia: the outfit Nancy Kerrigan wore in the 1994 Olympics freestyle was a Vera Wang number originally designed for Stone, then shortened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201March 22, 2021 6:09 AM

Bingo, r174

r198, don't you mean Katherine Hepburn?

by Anonymousreply 202March 22, 2021 6:10 AM

Both Hepburns did. Didn't Audrey ask her to fill in on some Unicef mission for her? She also liked Julia. And of course Kate famously said " That girl she has it. She's gonna be a star."

by Anonymousreply 203March 22, 2021 6:14 AM

Bette Davis picked Debra Winger as the star to watch. She was right that Winger was the best actress of the bunch.

by Anonymousreply 204March 22, 2021 6:29 AM

I remember when I first saw pictures of Dunaway in the early 90s thinking how she had “ruined” her face with her recent facelift - that it looked like she had taken an eraser to her face.

Now I look back and think she looked pretty damn gorgeous. She did erase her distinctively striking features somewhat with that facelift, but her work was still a DREAM compared to what she got later.

by Anonymousreply 205March 22, 2021 6:30 AM

R204 and of those mentioned I'm not so sure Sharon Stone would not be the most pleasant to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 206March 22, 2021 6:39 AM

Well I think it was in some interview wheee that brought up that Joan Crawford had praised Dunaway as the continuation of “the movie star”; they then asked Dunaway who she thought was the next “movie star” and she said Stone. Also Sharon herself has said numerous times that when she became a star after Basic Instinct, Faye, Shirley MacLaine and Angie Dickinson all took her under their wing.

by Anonymousreply 207March 22, 2021 7:05 AM

Faye hasn't been sane since the 80s. I don't think anyone even considers Sharon Stone among the top star of the 90s. Roberts, Ryder, Ryan, Moore, Pfieffer, Bullock...Sharon Stone in in none of their leagues

by Anonymousreply 208March 22, 2021 7:11 AM

Seems like she should just name names already.

by Anonymousreply 209March 22, 2021 7:17 AM

R208 Well Faye even admitted either to Charlie rose or Larry king that Sharon didn’t make the best choices but then she probably didn’t have the best pickings. They simply were not making the kinds of films from the 60s and 70s in which Fonda and Dunaway thrived.

by Anonymousreply 210March 22, 2021 7:17 AM

R197 50 isn't exactly ancient. If a beautiful woman has good genes and avoids getting fat, there's no reason she shouldn't look gorgeous at 50.

by Anonymousreply 211March 22, 2021 7:19 AM

I found fayes quote if anyone is interested, it was made at the Locarno film festival a few years ago. It appears to be a sketchy translation but you get the gist of it:

“Acting is a matter of choices, Sharon Stone, close friend of mine, played great roles but not in the end, I chose the roles good for me.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212March 22, 2021 7:21 AM

Didn't Sharon once admit she slept with a producer to get a part in a movie? I can't have sympathy for any actress who does that.

She's a crazy, has-been slut. Why do we care?

by Anonymousreply 213March 22, 2021 7:22 AM

Si, si! Eet wos Weeelieeemm Baldweeeen!

by Anonymousreply 214March 22, 2021 7:26 AM

R168 Perhaps, but she's also extremely honest. I'd believe her over narcissist Sharon.

by Anonymousreply 215March 22, 2021 7:44 AM

Evans did indeed work with Ava Gardner in 'The Sun Also Rises', and as others have noted, he fucked every bitch including Lassie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216March 22, 2021 8:02 AM

R200, that was wit-free. Don't quit your day job.

by Anonymousreply 217March 22, 2021 8:03 AM

R16 No I didn't! Lassie was a boy!

by Anonymousreply 218March 22, 2021 8:05 AM

Does anyone else think Ms Stone could find new life in a career on stage? She was brilliant in her SNL monologue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219March 22, 2021 8:30 AM

I’m surprised she hasn’t played Alexandra del lago yet

by Anonymousreply 220March 22, 2021 8:34 AM

Also an updated version of sunset blvd where she says wistfully: we didn’t need dialogue we had p*****s.

by Anonymousreply 221March 22, 2021 8:38 AM

Basic Instinct has finally been remastered for 4k UHD. I hope the Blu has been too. One of my faves I'd love to see remastered. Being released in June.

by Anonymousreply 222March 22, 2021 3:54 PM

[quote] She even mentions one director who was too coked out to work but eventually sobered up and had a great career

Spielberg. See “1942.” It was rumored cast/crew had number of ounces of cocaine they required written into their contracts. And remember Spielberg did movies with legendary coke freak Richard Dreyfus.

by Anonymousreply 223March 22, 2021 4:55 PM

Sorry for Spielberg typo the movie was 1941.

by Anonymousreply 224March 22, 2021 5:10 PM

Nowadays if you read a story about 1941 it only focuses on Belushi's cocaine use, but at the time the film was being made there were blind items everywhere about the whole cast & crew being blitzed out of their minds. I know because I used to read those blind items as a teen. There were a lot of rock and roll magazines at the time that reported on it, too.

by Anonymousreply 225March 22, 2021 5:15 PM

Oh, Sharon. You thought Billy Baldwin was the weak spot when it came to sliver? Not the inept, vulgar screenplay? Or you, totally miscast as a wan, sexually repressed book editor? What a terrible follow-up to Basic Instinct, where she seemed so smart and strong and powerful.

by Anonymousreply 226March 22, 2021 5:47 PM

r207 I wonder what advice Angie Dickinson gave her?

by Anonymousreply 227March 22, 2021 6:29 PM

Fuck. Fuck a lot. Fuck often. Fuck the ugly, fat ones and you - t o o cannnnnnnnn be a STAR!!!

by Anonymousreply 228March 22, 2021 6:43 PM

[quote] we had p*****s.

Really, r221? This is Datalounge, and anonymous, and you can't bring yourself to type "pussies" to try and sell a joke?

by Anonymousreply 229March 22, 2021 7:40 PM

Creepy Joe Esterhas wrote Basic Instinct and the screenplay for Sliver. In his autobiography, he claims that Sharon Stone had sex with him once to thank him for writing Basic Instinct.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230March 23, 2021 10:11 AM

More from Joe Esterhaus, "Sharon Stone is no bang of the century."

It's hard to stomach the idea of having sex with Joe Esterhaus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231March 23, 2021 11:02 AM

r230 r231 How did Sharon Stone react to his claims?!

by Anonymousreply 232March 23, 2021 6:35 PM

"Sharon is mensa. Smart lady if not a little nuts. Gorgeous, to boot. Love her!"

Total self-promoting bullshit. I cannot believe how many people bought it.

by Anonymousreply 233March 23, 2021 9:12 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234March 30, 2021 12:56 AM

Any dataloungers planning on buying Sharons memoir?

by Anonymousreply 235March 30, 2021 3:24 AM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 236March 30, 2021 7:14 AM

What movie was it, Silver? Sharon had a hot tub sauna scene & her costars pissed in it before she got on set. They despised her. Was there a hot tub scene in Silver?

by Anonymousreply 237March 30, 2021 7:33 AM

The film was King Solomon's Mines where the crew peed in the pool before Stone's scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238March 30, 2021 8:33 AM

R235 couldnt someone just generously summarise the important bits, for us datalounge a, like they did with Ali macgraw’s autobiography a few years ago. That was a hoot!

by Anonymousreply 239March 30, 2021 10:17 AM

It seems pretty standard for female star biographies to include at least one or two examples of rampant Hollywood sexist behavior conducted by an unnamed producer/director/actor. Just name names and stop pissing around.

by Anonymousreply 240March 30, 2021 10:29 AM

I’m listening to it now. Oh boy- she’s an existentialist and you can hear the stroke-y voice. I haven’t yet gotten to the part when she starts appearing nude in films or dating her way through Hollywood

by Anonymousreply 241March 31, 2021 12:59 AM

The reviews are in

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242March 31, 2021 1:06 AM

r241 Gosh I had not realised she was releasing it as an audiobook too.She must be expecting it to do very well.

by Anonymousreply 243March 31, 2021 3:42 AM

It’s very good for a celebrity memoir.

by Anonymousreply 244October 4, 2021 12:04 PM

I like her a lot, but she’s not the most stable person. And there was a really weird recent interview she gave the New Yorker where she tells her sister isn’t talking to her anymore, as aresult of her disclosing this. Also, the interviewer ends up telling how mystified he was when, after what he thought was a pleasant interview, Sharon refused a y further contact when he tried clarifying some things.

by Anonymousreply 245October 4, 2021 12:47 PM

I remember screenwriter Joe Esterhaz writing about how Sharon Stone could not stand Billy Baldwin because she wanted him to drool over her and she wanted to make him fall in love with but he was apparently in love with his fiancé/wife Chyna Phillips so Sharon made his life miserable and was a real bitch . I believe it.

by Anonymousreply 246October 4, 2021 1:00 PM

When Eszterhas' book came out, we had a thread here delighting in Joe Queenan's review. In particular, the phrase "he bedded her" about Eszterhaz and Stone cracked us up.

by Anonymousreply 247October 5, 2021 6:05 AM

The memoir's title should be STILL THIRSTY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS

by Anonymousreply 248October 5, 2021 6:12 AM

Yet once again, we're being asked by a mentally unstable skank to feel sympathy for her for having been treated like she's mentally unstable and a skank.

by Anonymousreply 249October 5, 2021 6:17 AM

Dale Evans said what?!

by Anonymousreply 250October 5, 2021 6:34 AM

[quote] Yet once again, we're being asked by a mentally unstable skank to feel sympathy for her for having been treated like she's mentally unstable and a skank.

She doesn’t, really, in the book. She takes herself very seriously but has a pretty good sense of humour about herself and manages to shrug shit off rather than letting it fester.

by Anonymousreply 251October 5, 2021 12:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!