Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Women of Friday the 13th

Who were your favorites from the Friday the 13th horror movie franchise?

I love Adrienne King as Alice from the first and second.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 30, 2022 12:35 PM

Betsy Palmer

by Anonymousreply 1March 7, 2021 7:53 PM

Never lusted after any of the women since I'm gay but I thought Jennifer Cooke was a very kickass and underrated heroine in part 6 who had beauty and brains. I liked her character more than Matthews if I'm being honest.

by Anonymousreply 2March 7, 2021 7:57 PM

Marta Kober

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 7, 2021 7:59 PM

R3 She has not aged well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 7, 2021 8:00 PM

It is because of Marta lying about her age that we were robbed of seeing her hot bf pumping her in Part 2.

by Anonymousreply 5March 7, 2021 8:03 PM

R4 Interesting article. What a mess.

by Anonymousreply 6March 7, 2021 8:05 PM

Tracie Savage from part 3 was our local news reporter for awhile

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 7, 2021 8:11 PM

There must've been something in the water on Part 2 because Kirsten Baker has a criminal record too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 7, 2021 8:32 PM

Tiffany Helm from 5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 7, 2021 8:35 PM

Robey from Friday The 13th - The Series

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 7, 2021 8:50 PM

As far as final girls go, Amy Steel from Part 2.

But a favorite victim was Gloria Charles from Part 3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 7, 2021 9:06 PM

I also really enjoyed Jennifer Cooke as the Sheriff's daughter in Part 6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 7, 2021 9:08 PM

Kristen Baker definitely seems to have aged better physically than Marta (who hasn't?), but her comments on the commentary of the new Blu-Ray made her seem really weird and out of it like she was heavily medicated.

Amy Steel and Adrienne King are still my favorites and they've aged incredibly well and seem like warm, lovely people who have embraced their fans.

by Anonymousreply 13March 7, 2021 9:15 PM

My vote goes to Part 3D's Phylicia Rashad, or I guess she was Phylicia Ayers-Allen back then, as biker chick Fox!

by Anonymousreply 14March 7, 2021 11:35 PM

Apparently, a crew member walked in on the director of Part 2, Steve Miner having a threesome with two cast members. Any guesses on who they were? I think it was Marta Kober and Kristen Baker. No wonder Steve Miner doesn't want to talk about these movies.

by Anonymousreply 15December 28, 2021 6:33 PM

Betsy Palmer. She THE Friday the 13th Woman.

by Anonymousreply 16December 28, 2021 6:40 PM

Amy Steel is the best. She still looks absolutely incredible, too.

She had that great relatable girl next door look that went a long way into making her character seem believable. I do love that about a lot of the 70's and 80's horror movies. The casts were mostly attractive, but they still looked like real people who'd live next door to you when you were a kid.

by Anonymousreply 17December 28, 2021 6:48 PM

I am also partial to Adrienne King. The original F13 is one of my favorite horror films—I might even prefer it to Halloween. Adrienne works for a winery now in southern Oregon where my sister-in-law is from. Seems like a nice lady. I believe Amy Steele lives in that part of the state as well, and Marta Kober did at one point as well (note all the arrest records in Oregon). Kind of odd that they all ended up in the same area on the opposite end of the country.

by Anonymousreply 18December 28, 2021 6:51 PM

Anyone that showed off their creamy white titties are my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 19December 28, 2021 6:52 PM

All the final girls of the first 7 films came from or did soap operas

Just an odd observation

by Anonymousreply 20December 28, 2021 6:52 PM

I'm an Amy Steel fan. I hope they cast her in The Final Girls Support Group.

by Anonymousreply 21December 28, 2021 6:54 PM

AMY STEEL IS MARRIED TO A PULITZER, YES THOSE PULITZERS.

by Anonymousreply 22December 28, 2021 7:07 PM

R22 you look like you could be her daughter Abby Dimera?

You both worked with Judi Evans, Amy on Guiding Light and you on Days of Our Lives

by Anonymousreply 23December 28, 2021 7:16 PM

Juliette Cummins' (the redhead in Friday the 13th Part V) sister has talked trash about her in the YouTube comment section on certain videos pertaining to Juliette.

by Anonymousreply 24March 30, 2022 10:15 AM

I've only watched these movies for the first time a few months ago, and honestly so many of the characters just bleed into each other for me. Probably makes sense as mostly they're written just to be killed off, but I don't even remember any names. I do remember having a great time in Part VI, so maybe the main girl from there? I specifically also remember the psychic girl from Part VII, but can't remember her being a favourite or anything.

I'm more likely to remember which blokes got their bums out than anything, haha.

by Anonymousreply 25March 30, 2022 10:21 AM

Kimberly Beck was the best final girl from the best Friday movie.

by Anonymousreply 26March 30, 2022 12:06 PM

Catherine Parks from Part3 has always been my favorite. Her death with the spear gun is my favorite kill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 30, 2022 12:19 PM

Lar Park Lincoln was really cool as Tina Shepard, and not the usual hysterical bimbo in part VII The New Blood, where she worked alongside DL fave Kevin Spirtas.

by Anonymousreply 28March 30, 2022 12:33 PM

R28 Pam from part 5 is the only one that could be described as a hysterical bimbo.

by Anonymousreply 29March 30, 2022 12:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!