Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“She’s Like a Rainbow” by The Rolling Stones

Anyone else love this song? It’s magical and what I call “ear-candy”. It’s very pleasant to listen to.

Love it so much.

I just introduced it to the guy I am speaking to, Brandon, and he loved it. He never heard it. When the song first starts with the pretty, airy lightness, he smiled and said “oh, this is good”. And then when it got into the song more he said “I actually like this” and added it to one of his playlists.

He’s very particular with music so I was shocked.

I have good taste.

Anyway, anyone else like it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 5, 2021 3:42 AM

I loved it and overplayed it for many years to the point where the magic was gone. 1967: is it their most psychedelic tune?

by Anonymousreply 1March 4, 2021 11:55 PM

I love "She's a Rainbow." I love the album it's from [italic]Their Satanic Majesties Request[/italic]. It's my favorite Stones album except for [italic]Aftermath[/italic] and [italic]Between the Buttons[/italic].

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 4, 2021 11:57 PM

Here's the full album.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 5, 2021 12:00 AM

It was their answer to the Beatle's "Lucy in the Sky".

And the Sgt. Pepper's album in general.

The cover art was like the Beatle's "Magical Mystery Tour"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 5, 2021 12:02 AM

I’ve always liked it.

by Anonymousreply 5March 5, 2021 12:04 AM

Break on through to the other side

You found an Island in my arms *albeit lawng

Country in MY eyes

Paws that chained us..

by Anonymousreply 6March 5, 2021 12:06 AM

GARBAGE.

And you can quote me.

by Anonymousreply 7March 5, 2021 12:07 AM

Magical Mystery Tour was the first non-kids LP I ever bought and it blew my little mind.

by Anonymousreply 8March 5, 2021 12:07 AM

Break on through, yeah!

by Anonymousreply 9March 5, 2021 12:08 AM

I love the song. But, my personal fave from the LP is Citadel. An under appreciated album from them. The album was a third rate rip off of Sgt. Pepper, though, but it had a few moments.

by Anonymousreply 10March 5, 2021 12:10 AM

The insane violin solo at the end is most psychedelic part of the song. I love it.

2000 Light Years From Home is also one of my favorites from this album.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 5, 2021 12:14 AM

Made me a fuckload of money, when I needed it most.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 5, 2021 12:16 AM

Now that I think about it, 2000 Light Years From Home is a standouts well. But that song is channelling Piper at the Gates of Dawn massively.

by Anonymousreply 13March 5, 2021 12:16 AM

R11 that song is more horrific than psychedelic

by Anonymousreply 14March 5, 2021 12:17 AM

"The Satanic Majesties Request Album" was the Stone's attempt to create something akin to "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band." It didn't work; that album is not considered one of their best efforts. The Stones were trying to be "psychedelic." In a YouTube video John Lennon disses Mick Jagger: "I'd like to just list what we did and what the Stones did two months after on every fucking album, and every fucking thing we did Mick does exactly the same, he imitates us..."Satanic Majesties" is "Pepper."

by Anonymousreply 15March 5, 2021 12:19 AM

It’s not my favorite Stones song, OP, but I do like it. As for your assertion that you have good taste, I’d need to know a little more than this one fact to sign off on that statement.

by Anonymousreply 16March 5, 2021 12:21 AM

R15 I don’t like the album as a whole, and find it inconsistent and it falls flat, but I love this song in particular

by Anonymousreply 17March 5, 2021 12:24 AM

I love the melody, OP.

It still has life, since it was used in 2 recent commercials: one was for Adobe and the other had Jennifer Lawrence promoting some perfume.

by Anonymousreply 18March 5, 2021 12:31 AM

R18 it was used in a car commercial recently too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 5, 2021 12:36 AM

R17 It is a wonderful song. Probably my favorite of the Stones.

In 1967 the whole psychedelic trend took off because if the Beatles.

Another spacey one from '67

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 5, 2021 12:49 AM

R19: Hmmm, I don't think that's a real commercial. it seems like the uploader used the music from Dior's Joy perfume ad, the same perfume Jennifer Lawrence was shilling for TV. Same voiceover at the end, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 5, 2021 12:49 AM

I love it too, OP.

Some of the one offs or unusual tracks that never became very well known by popular are quite good.

This one is very low-key, but I enjoy it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 5, 2021 3:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!