Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends: 1975 Time Capsule with Purple Carpet

Did we all miss this one in December, or just me? It sold for $159K.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 19, 2021 2:50 PM

That’s alot of purple.

by Anonymousreply 1February 19, 2021 9:19 AM

Without all of the garbage, it's actually not a terrible property. But it would require quite a bit to renovate after demo.

by Anonymousreply 2February 19, 2021 9:34 AM

Wow, I actually quite like it. Post and beam is my favorite style of modern architecture. Just update the bathrooms and tear out the god-awful carpet and you've got a pretty nice lodge-style home for little money. Of course it would have to be in Mike Pence's mid-west hellhole Indiana

by Anonymousreply 3February 19, 2021 9:39 AM

I like it too. But it needs new floors and some color. I like the builtins everywhere. I like the raw concrete. I would maybe reinstall the cork walls where it is presently cork.

by Anonymousreply 4February 19, 2021 9:47 AM

The view looking down the staircase sets the tone and, for once, it's a somewhat intriguing time capsule house because this one is almost purely about the house without the usual pickled furnishings that usually focus on speculation about the previous owner. This one is nicely stripped bare (except for those odd stools that somehow belong there.)

It's a love-hate house. I like properly old houses, not kitschy vintage houses that usually come off as a bad joke, whether poorly or well told. This is somehow just saved from being one of those bad joke kitsch houses and, rather than hate it, I almost want to own it as a fuck shack in the woods. Just the trees, a Netflix subscription, a cord of firewood, a crate of wine bottles, an industrial sized can of lube, and optional bottle of poppers for three-day weekends of filthy sex all over that shag carpeting (bring a thick, soft blanket to cut down on rug burn.)

You can tell straight away that it's an architect's own house. The exterior is a borderline hideous, yet curious for those crazy windows, but it's really about the interior. The shit brown kitchen and the shit brown paneling on the walls of the bathrooms is kind of dreadful. I'd probably paint the later and call it a day. It's a kitchen for reheating the pizza that cooled on the 25 minute drive from wherever delivers pizza ...actually it's within the city limits, with houses on either side. Again, just ignore the neighbors and get back to fucking.

by Anonymousreply 5February 19, 2021 9:54 AM

Ugh 🤮

by Anonymousreply 6February 19, 2021 9:58 AM

A Ft. Wayne bidding war! It sold for $161,100, soaring $1200 above asking price.

by Anonymousreply 7February 19, 2021 9:59 AM

was a deck torn down? if you open the sliding doors you fall into the forest?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2021 10:09 AM

^^ None of the sliders open to anything but air. Not exactly kid or pet friendly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 19, 2021 10:35 AM

I love the architecture and with some new flooring and paint this will be a great home.

by Anonymousreply 10February 19, 2021 11:44 AM

[quote]A Ft. Wayne bidding war!

Don't laugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 19, 2021 12:10 PM

Fort Wayne is the new Scranton.

by Anonymousreply 12February 19, 2021 12:15 PM

[quote]That’s alot of purple.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 13February 19, 2021 12:27 PM

Groovy!!

by Anonymousreply 14February 19, 2021 12:28 PM

It’s fun. I’d keep it is, add a rotating waterbed, some lava lamps, a disco, and we’re good to go.

by Anonymousreply 15February 19, 2021 12:45 PM

^^ Yep, right out of Playboy After Dark...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 19, 2021 12:50 PM

More from Playboy...

Whoever built this was Indian's premier fuck-muffin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 19, 2021 12:54 PM

^^ Indiana's^^

by Anonymousreply 18February 19, 2021 12:55 PM

Looks like the Pences have been priced out of Fort Wayne. What's next, Gary?

by Anonymousreply 19February 19, 2021 1:07 PM

........drift past the flowers, that grow so incredibly h-i-g-h .......

by Anonymousreply 20February 19, 2021 1:12 PM

That is a house in which to watch the ouevre of Sid and Marty Krofft.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 19, 2021 1:20 PM

Far out, man. I can dig it.

by Anonymousreply 22February 19, 2021 2:05 PM

The "bones" are good on this one. But yes, I'd want to change every surface.

A purply plum is an underappreciated color, but I'd want it on a feature wall in a room with lots of light/Scandanavian wood tones, not as a carpet choking the room.

by Anonymousreply 23February 19, 2021 2:10 PM

The flooring would be a difficult call. Tile doesn’t work in that climate - sticky four months of the year and dead looking the rest. Wood is overkill.

Cork might work, but it would have to be lighter without the default yellow finish - more an orange or perhaps a marine green? I miss the scent of cork.

Terrazzo. That could work.

Given the age, I’d be worried about asbestos tile under the carpet.

by Anonymousreply 24February 19, 2021 2:27 PM

Carpeting in the kitchen is WEIRD.

by Anonymousreply 25February 19, 2021 2:29 PM

You could do wood but I'd actually argue this would be a place NOT to do one of those unifying wood everywhere floors.

I'd do different tones on different levels or in different spaces.

by Anonymousreply 26February 19, 2021 2:30 PM

I really like this house. With a deft touch and of course the carpeting issue taken care of, this house could be spectacular. But watch some moron put in a traditional house flipper/HGTV kitchen and fuck it up completely.

by Anonymousreply 27February 19, 2021 2:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!