Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Larry King left $2M fortune to his kids

Larry King's only worth 2 mil?? That doesn't seem right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47February 15, 2021 3:55 PM

He probably got the amount wrong much like he did facts in his interviews.

by Anonymousreply 1February 12, 2021 4:09 AM

He worked until the last year or so and did that fake talk show infomercial too. No way his estate is only 2 milion.

by Anonymousreply 2February 12, 2021 4:12 AM

Well, considering that two of them died in the last year, there's considerably more to go around.

by Anonymousreply 3February 12, 2021 4:19 AM

he was on CNN for 25 years.

Did he spend it all?

by Anonymousreply 4February 12, 2021 4:19 AM

That was probably just his petty cash. Rich people like have have advisors who usually move that money into a trust to avoid taxes when passing it on to their spawn. Or as Repugs call it death tax.

by Anonymousreply 5February 12, 2021 4:21 AM

Maybe the eight wives took it all.

by Anonymousreply 6February 12, 2021 4:23 AM

Maybe he rented expensive apartments instead of owning property.

by Anonymousreply 7February 12, 2021 4:25 AM

most of the wives came before his CNN years so they wouldn't be entitled to that money

by Anonymousreply 8February 12, 2021 4:25 AM

I just checked “celebrities net worth”. It indicates 50 million. Where did the other 48 million go?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 12, 2021 4:30 AM

The article says it was a handwritten will. Maybe Larry was non compos mentis when he scratched it out on a paper towel.

by Anonymousreply 10February 12, 2021 4:35 AM

Handwritten sounds like major fishyness

by Anonymousreply 11February 12, 2021 4:36 AM

Only if he used nail polish or a crayola to write it out R11. Otherwise that is standard procedure for ancient talk show hosts.

by Anonymousreply 12February 12, 2021 4:42 AM

The rest already went to the ex-wives.

by Anonymousreply 13February 12, 2021 4:45 AM

$2 million is what he had in his checking account. The remaining $50 million is in trust, offshore, to avoid estate tax

by Anonymousreply 14February 12, 2021 4:47 AM

R5 and R14 are correct. Thread Closed.

by Anonymousreply 15February 12, 2021 4:55 AM

In 1990, King signed a then-record, five-year $8 million contract, the Los Angeles Times reported. In 1998, his pay had reached $7 million per year, according to The New York Times.

Tax evasion.

by Anonymousreply 16February 12, 2021 4:56 AM

Sorry but that’s all he had left.

by Anonymousreply 17February 12, 2021 4:58 AM

Yeah r16 I’m sick of these tax evaders getting away with it. Name and shame!

by Anonymousreply 18February 12, 2021 5:01 AM

R9 and other idiots, those sites are all guess work.

by Anonymousreply 19February 12, 2021 5:07 AM

maybe Britney's father took it.

by Anonymousreply 20February 12, 2021 5:09 AM

This article is stupid then because it makes it sound like his full estate when its just liquid cash.

by Anonymousreply 21February 12, 2021 5:10 AM

#freelarry

by Anonymousreply 22February 12, 2021 5:17 AM

Two million dollars is hardly a fortune...lol. Its what he left his kids, not the total amount of the estate.

by Anonymousreply 23February 12, 2021 5:27 AM

You don't need offshore accounts to avoid a lot in taxes you need trusts and GSTs for example. $11.58 million is tax free anyway.

by Anonymousreply 24February 12, 2021 5:31 AM

Oh please. It’s hidden to avoid the rightfully owed taxes.

by Anonymousreply 25February 12, 2021 5:34 AM

By the way, I realize inheriting 1 million is very middle middle class nowadays but it would change my future retirement significantly.

by Anonymousreply 26February 12, 2021 5:35 AM

He's broke like Trump. Owes a fortune to hookers.

by Anonymousreply 27February 12, 2021 6:25 AM

I’m just in shock thinking about having kids that far apart. Imagine a guy who’s 60-something having a half-brother who’s in kindergarten?

by Anonymousreply 28February 12, 2021 6:26 AM

Sean Kings house is worth at lear 20M+ alone in the Beverly Hills flats.

by Anonymousreply 29February 12, 2021 6:31 AM

That Celebrity networth site is completely made up bullshit r9.

by Anonymousreply 30February 12, 2021 9:52 AM

She has the white trash spelling: Shawn.

by Anonymousreply 31February 12, 2021 10:35 AM

Omg. I would hate to be a hooker. Imagine having to act sexy times with an old flaccid fart like Lare or Trump.. Ew!! I mean, that would be an oscar worthy performance!

by Anonymousreply 32February 12, 2021 9:56 PM

Iss jush not true, honey!

by Anonymousreply 33February 12, 2021 10:01 PM

I, Larry King, being of sound mind and body leave 2 million dollars to be divided among my children and 48 million dollars to my loyal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, who helped me write this will.

by Anonymousreply 34February 12, 2021 11:38 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 12, 2021 11:48 PM

Buddy Hackett, at photo-left, was one of Larry's kids??

by Anonymousreply 36February 13, 2021 4:13 AM

OT, but did Larry actually have his dead head cut off and cryogenically frozen? That would mean his head is somewhere not with his body or ashes. That's some totally fucked up shit!

by Anonymousreply 37February 13, 2021 10:05 AM

I don't believe Larry was into cryonics. Unsure how Jewish he was spiritually, but this is against their beliefs. Also, who would do this? But it would explain having to set aside a large amount of cash for his sub-zero storage locker...

by Anonymousreply 38February 13, 2021 5:45 PM

i meant to add him to the "celebrities you never liked " thread, but not because of his finances. I just never really liked him. I'm glad now i can watch Dodgers games on TV without him permanently plastered against home plate on the screeen!

by Anonymousreply 39February 13, 2021 5:51 PM

"Don't worry, he's gonna die soon."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 14, 2021 12:15 AM

[quote] Maybe Larry was non compos mentis

I don’t understand. What difference would it make what brand of breath mints he used?

by Anonymousreply 41February 14, 2021 12:43 AM

I can't believe he didn't leave anything to Shawn. How is she suppose to continue living the she has become accustomed to? She is also the mother of his two youngest children.

by Anonymousreply 42February 14, 2021 12:45 AM

Shawn wants her money.

The legal situation surrounding Larry’s death was already complex. He had filed for divorce from his seventh wife, Shawn, in August 2019 — two months before the amended will was written — but he passed away before the split was settled in court. Also, the amended will names five of King’s children, Andy, Chiara, Larry Jr., and his kids with Shawn, Cannon and Chance — but Andy and Chiara both passed away in 2020.

Larry told Page Six before his death that he had become close friends with Shawn again after he filed for divorce, and Shawn tells us that they spoke daily. But she says Larry never told her about the amended will.

Asked why she believes he made it, she said, “It beats me!”

Shawn told us that Cannon and Chance, two of the three surviving heirs, were also unaware of the secret will, and were “shocked” to learn it exists.

She said that they support her legal battle against it. “They are not happy about this,” she told us.

Asked if she believes someone exerted influence on Larry to write the amendment, Shawn said, “Yes,” but wouldn’t elaborate.

She says she doesn’t believe that Larry wrote her out of the will because he was sore after filing the divorce papers. “Based on the timeline, it just doesn’t make sense,” she said.

The estate is a comparatively meager $2 million, especially if it’s to be split between his surviving heirs and, presumably, the survivors of his late son and daughter. When we asked why Shawn is going to war after being dropped from a will that would likely only have netted her around $300,000 anyway, she told us, “It’s the principle.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 15, 2021 3:31 PM

All I've read confirms he was a disgusting, cheating, lying sociopathic human being without morals or restraint. Yet millions watched him like he was America's Dad (my mom and dad never missed him). Another scary case of how weak-minded people can be manipulated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44February 15, 2021 3:37 PM

"OT, but did Larry actually have his dead head cut off and cryogenically frozen?"

Yes, he had rabies.

by Anonymousreply 45February 15, 2021 3:42 PM

The end of the article states the $2million is not the extent of his estate, that much more if it is in trusts.

I can't believe this lizard was married SEVEN TIMES.

by Anonymousreply 46February 15, 2021 3:47 PM

Shawn needs at least a million a year just to keep her trout lips filled.

by Anonymousreply 47February 15, 2021 3:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!