Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tina Fey is an untalented hack who made it by copying other people's ideas

There I said it.

by Anonymousreply 36February 16, 2021 10:12 PM

She's not untalented, just overrated.

by Anonymousreply 1February 10, 2021 10:15 PM

I didn't care for her on SNL but really enjoyed 30 rock.

by Anonymousreply 2February 10, 2021 10:16 PM

I love Tina Fey.

Go scream your complaints into a sheet cake, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3February 10, 2021 10:17 PM

I loved 30 Rock. While I also enjoyed Kimmy Schmitt, it didn't live up to it and neither has anything else she's done. Although Mean Girls is close.

by Anonymousreply 4February 10, 2021 10:19 PM

30 Rock was great as were the first two seasons of Kimmy Schmidt. She’s a terrible actress though, all the guest characters she played in Kimmy Schmidt were bad

by Anonymousreply 5February 10, 2021 10:22 PM

Are you the "why are they trying to jam Maya Rudolph down our throats" troll too, OP?

by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2021 10:26 PM

She does a spot on Philly accent

by Anonymousreply 7February 10, 2021 10:26 PM

OP is actually quite right. Fey is at best a mediocre talent but she somehow manages to make herself, through tireless self-promotion and well, other things, far more successful than her ability would normally allow.

by Anonymousreply 8February 10, 2021 10:26 PM

On the one hand, she felt like a breath of fresh air when she hit the scene. On the other hand, the acclaim was too much too soon (I'm thinking in particular of her and Jimmy Fallon doing Weekend Update on SNL) and I think there's too often an air of unearned superiority in her work. One of my favorite Tony Awards moments was that she lost what was presumably a sure-thing award, Best Book of a Musical, for Mean Girls.

by Anonymousreply 9February 11, 2021 4:31 AM

I agree, OP. And the other Tina too. The fat blond.

by Anonymousreply 10February 11, 2021 4:58 AM

Whose idea was 30 Rock?

by Anonymousreply 11February 11, 2021 5:17 AM

OP is a know-nothing do-nothing, accomplished-nothing cunt crumb, or Jenna Moroni.

by Anonymousreply 12February 11, 2021 5:19 AM

R10 Tina Yothers?!

by Anonymousreply 13February 11, 2021 5:19 AM

r6

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 11, 2021 5:22 AM

OP = Tina Fey

by Anonymousreply 15February 11, 2021 5:26 AM

Her success is inexplicable. She is good at surroundings herself with people considerable less talented than herself like Amy Poelhner, Jane Krackowski, Alec Baldwin, that talentless face scruncher who plays Kimmy Schmidt and that very unattractive man who played the page who literally creeps me out how deeply perverse looking he is.

by Anonymousreply 16February 11, 2021 5:52 AM

Show your work, OP.

by Anonymousreply 17February 11, 2021 5:56 AM

I’m getting a hater vibe from OP.

by Anonymousreply 18February 11, 2021 5:57 AM

Hmmm, you can't take "Mean Girls" away from her, though.

by Anonymousreply 19February 11, 2021 6:00 AM

You can after Jonathan Bennett clicked "like" on Ellen Page's renunciation of both womanhood and lesbianism and after Daniel Franzese used the Q-word in some interview.

by Anonymousreply 20February 11, 2021 6:07 AM

Sooo, no mention of whose ideas she supposedly copied? I think she's a limited actress, but a fairly good writer--Mean Girls has held up surprisingly well. 30 Rock has some excellent moment--and good on her for reviving Alec Baldwin's career--he's an ass, but really talented. I found Kimmy Schmidt a bit wearying, but it also had moments.

by Anonymousreply 21February 11, 2021 6:14 AM

OK, R16, who are some people you think ARE talented?

Because quite frankly, your list of people you think are untalented, is a tad suspect. I mean, we all have our likes and dislikes but when you hate on "Amy Poelhner, Jane Krackowski, AND Alec Baldwin" it seems like you're just a wacky hater.

And, it's Amy Poehler and Jane Krakowski.

by Anonymousreply 22February 11, 2021 6:14 AM

She's an oligarch who fancies herself a revolutionary.

by Anonymousreply 23February 11, 2021 6:16 AM

People like Op fear smart girls

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 11, 2021 6:16 AM

Many artists wear out their welcome with over exposure but Tina Fey really hasn't been much in the public eye of late. I could see bitching about her being everywhere circa 2010 to 2014 or so but she hasn't exactly been on screens that much in the last couple years.

She had a great run on SNL and a great run with 30 Rock and a movie hit that she turned into a semi-hit on Broadway and she produced an ok series she made guest appearances on and...all of that happened over a period of 20 years and what has she done in the last two years that's so "oligarchical"?

Really, it just sounds like "mean gurl" talk from idiots who don't like Tina and/or can't stand women in positions of power.

by Anonymousreply 25February 11, 2021 6:21 AM

Ms. Fey is a top television writer, first as head writer of SNL and then Parks. In that form she is among the best in the business. Probably the most talented female television writer in history. But what is surprising to me is she has never written an original screenplay on her own or even a small play for off-Broadway. Just 'Mean Girls' (movie and musical) which was based on a book by Rosalind Wiseman. I guess being able to create in long form takes a different mind set. But still odd that she has never come up with anything.

by Anonymousreply 26February 16, 2021 8:55 PM

I meant 30 Rock. I never saw the other TV one.

by Anonymousreply 27February 16, 2021 8:59 PM

Okay, OP -- whose ideas did she copy?

by Anonymousreply 28February 16, 2021 8:59 PM

No no OP, you’re mistaken—it’s Big Amy who’s the adept at parallel-thinking her jokes. In fact, she invented the practise (or did she? Gotcha).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 16, 2021 9:00 PM

^^^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30February 16, 2021 9:01 PM

Movies and plays are the big leagues. TV - Pee Wee.

by Anonymousreply 31February 16, 2021 9:02 PM

[quote]Really, it just sounds like "mean gurl" talk from idiots who don't like Tina and/or can't stand women in positions of power.

How old are you?

by Anonymousreply 32February 16, 2021 9:03 PM

As an actress, I can do without her. She's tolerable in Mean Girls, but 30 Rock would have been better with someone else playing her role. She doesn't ruin it for me completely, but I do think it would have been better with someone else. I never found her very funny during her SNL days either. As a writer, I think she's excellent and very funny.

by Anonymousreply 33February 16, 2021 9:58 PM

I wish she had developed somewhere other than SNL, where she soaked up the smug, adolescent tone favored by Lorne Michaels, but I love 30 Rock, She improved tremendously as an actress from the early seasons.

I want to like Mr Mayor, but she clearly doesn't know anything about Los Angeles so the humor feels generic and the ensemble doesn't mesh. Some of the best jokes on Kimmy Schmidt came from Fey's familiarity with NYC.

by Anonymousreply 34February 16, 2021 9:59 PM

Tina Fey is hilarious and OP still hasn't provided evidence on what ideas she has "copied."

by Anonymousreply 35February 16, 2021 10:08 PM

"Bossy Pants" is a great audible book. It's one of the only books I listen to over and over. She nails what Delaware County, PA was back in the day.

Whoever above said Tina Fey is OP is right. It would be like her to stir up some shit about herself online and watch.

by Anonymousreply 36February 16, 2021 10:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!