Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

For those who don't eat carbs...

What do you eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

Some ideas please!

by Anonymousreply 96March 18, 2023 5:45 PM

Movicol.

by Anonymousreply 1February 9, 2021 7:48 PM

Ewww, carbs. šŸ¤®

by Anonymousreply 2February 9, 2021 7:49 PM

A whole šŸ„.

by Anonymousreply 3February 9, 2021 7:53 PM

I'm Barron.

by Anonymousreply 4February 9, 2021 7:54 PM

Me:

Breakfast: organic egg white omelet with organic spinach and organic riced broccoli

Lunch: two chicken breasts with curry powder with a side dish of sauteed riced broccoli and cauliflower

Dinner will be a salad nicoise

by Anonymousreply 5February 9, 2021 7:57 PM

I live on semem.

by Anonymousreply 6February 9, 2021 7:59 PM

Marlboro lights and Diet Coke. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 7February 9, 2021 8:01 PM

Breakfast: black coffee.

by Anonymousreply 8February 9, 2021 8:02 PM

Lots of doughnuts.

by Anonymousreply 9February 9, 2021 8:02 PM

Steak n eggs for breakfast, spinach salad for lunch, meat + (low carb) vegetable sides. Cock n cum for snacks.

by Anonymousreply 10February 9, 2021 8:04 PM

Letā€™s shame non-carb eating people. Especially those who go on about it and also those who act so wistful ā€œI miss carbsā€. Youā€™re an adult eat some if you want!

by Anonymousreply 11February 9, 2021 8:13 PM

Lol, at first glance I read this as ā€œFor those who donā€™t eat cats...ā€

by Anonymousreply 12February 9, 2021 8:16 PM

Breakfast is usually coffee with heavy cream. If Iā€™m hungry, eggs: boiled and buttered, cheese omelette, over easy with bacon.

Thereā€™s a version of hot cereal you can make, with seeds and nuts and almond flour, but itā€™s too carby to have a satisfying portion.

Iā€™ll also mash an avocado and sprinkle it with everything-bagel seasoning and a little bit of sushi rice vinegar. Thatā€™s effing delicious.

by Anonymousreply 13February 9, 2021 8:29 PM

Creamed spinach omelette with Parmesan cheese shaved over it.

Omelette with cream cheese, tomato and onion.

by Anonymousreply 14February 9, 2021 8:30 PM

Cottage cheese or a cheese stick for breakfast

Cold shrimp or grilled chicken w/chimichurri or peri peri sauce for lunch

Grilled or roasted meat/fish/chicken with a small greek or greens salad for dinner

Snack: Sugar free chia pudding made with unsweetened almond milk & flavored with sugar free raspberry jello.

I have my first cheat day this Saturday after losing 15 lbs since January 4th.

by Anonymousreply 15February 9, 2021 8:35 PM

I attended a social distancing friendly birthday party a few weeks back. Lots of potato chips, pizza, cake, etc. I brought celery sticks with me, so I sat by myself in the corner noshing on those. The fat ass hostess asked me why I wasn't eating anything and I told her point blank that I don't eat refined sugar or white anything. She shot me the dirtiest look but l couldn't have cared less. I take great pride in my healthy diet and the self-restraint it takes, something she and the other partygoers have little grasp of.

by Anonymousreply 16February 9, 2021 8:52 PM

R16 you think she'd have been happy you brought your own low carb snacks instead of expecting HER to supply them!

How.dare.she.

by Anonymousreply 17February 9, 2021 8:54 PM

R16 must be fun at parties.

by Anonymousreply 18February 9, 2021 9:18 PM

R14 - could you provide the recipe of said omelette?

by Anonymousreply 19February 10, 2021 12:15 AM

R18 I bet the thing you enjoyed the most was making a spectacle of yourself.

I eat a very strict controlled diet. I cook. And I'm very particular about everything.

But if I'm invited to someone's home, I eat the food I'm served. Period.

Unless you have some sort of allergy, the rare dish of pasta or a piece of cake is not going to make any difference to your health. None.

The heath benefits of being a kind thoughtful guest will balance out any adverse affects from the carbs.

by Anonymousreply 20February 10, 2021 12:25 AM

R16 - the mental image is kind of funny.. bunch of fat fraus pigging out 6 feet apart and you, the lone homosexual elegantly nibbling on his celery stick in the corner while watching the others with disdain.

by Anonymousreply 21February 10, 2021 12:42 AM

Next to zero carb meals provide little energy and make the mind sluggish. Period.

by Anonymousreply 22February 10, 2021 2:25 AM

I keep a lot of little resealable containers filled with the common kinds of finger foods I've come to know from various get-togethers over the years: deviled eggs, salami roll-ups with cream cheese, smoked salmon, assorted pickles and olives, hummus, stuffed grape leaves, assorted chicken wings, water chestnuts wrapped in bacon, chicken livers, vegetable sticks with sour cream dip, various cheeses....lots of assorted nibbly items. You get a variety of tastes and textures that way, and you can buy a lot of the items prepared from a good deli. I always have some fruit, but I don't eat a lot of fruit at any single sitting because of the natural sugars. But a half an apple with some cheese and a hard-boiled egg isn't a big splurge.

by Anonymousreply 23February 10, 2021 5:48 AM

[quote] Youā€™re an adult eat some if you want!

Not if you're a diabetic.

by Anonymousreply 24February 10, 2021 5:49 AM

I go to McDonalds and order one black coffee.

by Anonymousreply 25February 10, 2021 5:53 AM

I donā€™t eat grains but Iā€™m ok getting carbs otherwise.

Have a pot of Greek yogurt and an apple. Or done HBE and a spinach salad with basalmic vinaigrette.

by Anonymousreply 26February 10, 2021 6:12 AM

ā€œsomeā€

by Anonymousreply 27February 10, 2021 6:12 AM

Cum? Does cum actually fill u up

by Anonymousreply 28February 10, 2021 6:25 AM

Miss R16 ceaselessly tries to explain away her extreme loneliness.

by Anonymousreply 29February 10, 2021 7:13 AM

R29 - well she was pretty cute though ha ha.

by Anonymousreply 30February 10, 2021 7:22 AM

Most foods contain carbohydrate, even spinach.

Everyone eats carbs.

by Anonymousreply 31February 10, 2021 7:25 AM

For breakfast - greek yogurt with berries (mainly blueberries).

Lunch - an egg or can of tuna and through in some olives.

by Anonymousreply 32February 10, 2021 7:30 AM

One of my favourite dinners is a Hot and Sour Soup creation i adapted.

Prepare a cup of instant miso soup and put to one side. Then grill some sliced mushrooms in oil for a minute, then add sliced pork and brown for another minute. Add miso soup to pan along with a giant handful of spinach leaves and some tinned sliced water chestnuts or bamboo shoots. Season with white pepper and black vinegar, simmer for a few minutes.

by Anonymousreply 33February 10, 2021 7:38 AM

I worry much less about carbs than about excess of protein. Excessive protein does tremendous damage to the kidneys and also leads to things like depletion of calcium, meaning that people have to consume a lot of dairy products in order to keep their spines from collapsing. If people would learn to eat their carbs in unrefined forms (whole grains, potatoes in jackets, sweet potatoes in their skins) and avoided white sugar, white flour, and alcohol, their waist lines AND their health would thank them for it. They'd feel fuller, eat fewer calories, have lower blood sugar, and avoid putting on weight. The recommendations of the food scientists are correct. Enough protein to match the size of the palm of your hand is entirely sufficient for a full-day's supply.

The Greeks had it correct 2500 years ago. All things in moderation.

by Anonymousreply 34February 10, 2021 7:40 AM

How would you hothouse flowers survive in the real world?

by Anonymousreply 35February 10, 2021 7:41 AM

Babies.

by Anonymousreply 36February 10, 2021 7:43 AM

For those who don't eat carbs...good luck losing those extra 10 years you would've lived.

by Anonymousreply 37February 10, 2021 7:50 AM

R34 What about red wine? Is it OK to consume.

(Asking for a friend).

by Anonymousreply 38February 10, 2021 8:24 AM

R7 is Lana Del Rey

by Anonymousreply 39February 10, 2021 9:27 AM

Keto gives me the shits!

I must have some bread, rice, or potatoes everyday. Not a lot, but some.

by Anonymousreply 40February 10, 2021 9:56 AM

Poor deluded should @ R34. Our bodies evolved to eat primarily meat and vegetables with occasional fruits and nuts. We do NOT NEED ANY whole grains. Did you know you can not go out into a field of wheat and just chow down. That's because your body isn't able to digest it in its natural form. It must be "processed" in some way first. It's very bad for you.

[quote]Unless you have some sort of allergy, the rare dish of pasta or a piece of cake is not going to make any difference to your health. None.

Dumb R20. I got my diabetes into remission with a strict ketogenic diet. Yes, a plate of pasta can and will have negative impact on my health. I don't particularly care if Aunt Ida is insulted if I won't eat her sugar laden apple pie. She needs to find other ways to get validation besides poisoning people.

OP, here's what I eat and it is very satisfying:

Breakfast: nothing but coffee. I do a 17/7 intermittent fast so I only eat lunch and dinner. This is not hard. Being ketogenic means you literally are NEVER hungry.

Lunch: usually whatever is left over from the night before - meat (or chicken or fish) and veg with butter (or salad with O&V), maybe a piece of cheese, some olives, some nuts. Maybe some berries with sugar free whipped cream or other keto friendly dessert.

Dinner: same as above.

by Anonymousreply 41February 10, 2021 10:28 AM

R24, see R31 and r34. Complex carbs help alleviate blood sugar spikes and should be eaten.

by Anonymousreply 42February 10, 2021 11:51 AM

r41, there is an effort in what you do.

by Anonymousreply 43February 10, 2021 11:55 AM

I'm not carb free, but I enjoy making a "Joe's Special" from time to time. I usually make it with a side of toast and some sliced fresh tomatoes on the side, but you can simply skip the toast. Mushrooms are optional.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44February 10, 2021 3:03 PM

The keto lasagna noodles made of palm makes a great lasagna. It is good for several days. I started out doing keto early in the year, and lost 5 pounds initially before the weight loss stalled. Iā€™m now going to do intermittent fasting and just watch calories. It is too easy to eat 2-3,000 calories a day on keto, with all of the fat.

by Anonymousreply 45February 10, 2021 3:23 PM

I've heard that too R34. The question is...how much protein should one consume daily and that is affected by how active you are?

by Anonymousreply 46February 10, 2021 3:37 PM

A high stack of pancakes, extra maple syrup.

by Anonymousreply 47February 10, 2021 3:38 PM

R16 = Bernie Sanders

by Anonymousreply 48February 10, 2021 3:49 PM

Make fun all you want, but my excellent health is a testament to my excellent nutritional habits. I can't believe the garbage people eat on a daily basis. My neighbor was in front of me on the checkout line the other day. In her cart I counted five frozen pizzas, eight bags of various potato chips, five boxes of instant mashed potatoes, a variety of entemans cakes among various other unhealthy foods. Now I'm not one to judge but she is overweight and should not be eating such awful food. And people wonder why we have an obesity and diabetes epidemic!

by Anonymousreply 49February 10, 2021 4:02 PM

I have a low carb natural cereal with unsweetened almond milk, a cup of hot herbal coffee with one digestive biscuit, and a small handful of unsalted raw nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts).

by Anonymousreply 50February 10, 2021 4:36 PM

[quote]Complex carbs help alleviate blood sugar spikes and should be eaten.

Nope. Carbs from GPS --grains (whole or not), sugar and rice spike sugar. You don't need them. The carbs you get from vegetables are all your body needs. And some folks (those who adhere to a carnivore diet) will even debate whether you need veg.

by Anonymousreply 51February 10, 2021 5:21 PM

^Sorry -- GPS = grains, potatoes and sugar. Rice falls in the grain category

by Anonymousreply 52February 10, 2021 5:22 PM

Actually R49 you are one to judge and you did it in your comment.

by Anonymousreply 53February 10, 2021 5:25 PM

It's recently come to my attention that I love toast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 10, 2021 5:28 PM

How was he able to do that without being canceled for ā€œliteral violenceā€ by the T squad?

by Anonymousreply 55February 10, 2021 5:36 PM

[quote]It is too easy to eat 2-3,000 calories a day on keto, with all of the fat.

Ugh, wrong. Keto is not an "eat mountains of fat" diet. You need to count your macros and stay within a certain limit. Look at what I eat @ R41. That doesn't seem like a lot of food because it isn't. I average about 1400 cals per day to lose steadily. And I am never hungry or craving because I eat an adequate amount of protein and fat (about 80 g -100 g each) to stay satiated. Carbs are what make you hangry. Once you eliminate them, poof---no more hunger, great sleep and tons of energy.

You were doing keto wrong if you only lost 5 lbs and then quit. Sorry, that 5 lbs was mostly water because keto de-bloats your body in the early days. Carbs inflame your tissues and make your retain a ton of water. Ever hear of carb face?

Anyway, once you get "fat adapted" (body burning your own fat suit for fuel instead of the ever present glucose swimming around in your blood when you eat a lot of carbs) you begin to lose about 2 lbs of pure fat per week max, while maintaining muscle mass.

by Anonymousreply 56February 10, 2021 5:36 PM

I do slow carb and try to keep it under 80g per day. I need the fiber (and take Metamucil) and donā€™t want to have to go on meds to lower my cholesterol. I usually have oatmeal and one slice of Ezekiel bread (open face sandwich), half a grapefruit, blueberries, huge green salad every day. I always make some kind of vegetable(s) to have with dinner and have sweet potatoes several times a week.

by Anonymousreply 57February 10, 2021 5:40 PM

That's a good diet for a lot of people, R57. If you have a fairly healthy metabolism, it's great. You are doing yourself a world of good by cutting them that low . But people like me, who are metabolically broken (diabetic and pre-diabetic), can't go that high on carbs. I try to stay under 25 net carbs per day. Everything we eat has 'some' carbs, so it's easy to rack up 25 in a day without eating any GPS at all.

by Anonymousreply 58February 10, 2021 5:51 PM

I don't know how to square some of the statements above with the following:

All whole grains help regulate blood sugar by slowing the transformation of starches into glucose. Eating at least three servings of whole grains daily can reduce the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes by almost 30 percent, according a study published in "The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition" in 2003. Eat grains in their purest form, such as brown rice, hulled barley and oats, and look for breads and crackers labeled "100 percent whole grain." A few whole grains, in particular, including barley, oats and amaranth, work particularly well at controlling blood sugar, according to Leslie Beck, R.D., author of "Foods That Fight Disease."

Whole Grains Explained Whole grains are made of three parts -- the outer bran layer, which is loaded with fiber; the germ layer, which contains nutrients, healthy fats and antioxidants; and the endosperm, which contains the starch. The fiber, and in particular, soluble fiber, in the bran slows digestion of a whole grain so it's absorbed less quickly from the gut. When grains are processed, they're stripped of everything but the endosperm. The body digests this starch quickly, causing blood sugar to rise. Additionally, when a whole grain is processed, it is stripped of at least 17 nutrients and 25 percent of its protein. Disease-fighting phytochemicals are lost as well.

Try Barley Barley, the oldest cultivated grain, according to Beck, contains 6.4 grams of fiber per 1/2 cup of cooked barley, making it a smart choice for regulating blood sugar. Choose hulled barley, which contains the whole grain, rather than pearl barley. Barley has a chewy texture and rich, nutty flavor. Add it to soups and casseroles, or cook it alone and use it as a pilaf or breakfast cereal. Hulled barley should be soaked and takes longer to cook than pearl barley. To cook hulled barley, combine 1 part barley with 3 1/2 parts water. Simmer the barley, uncovered, until cooked -- typically 60 to 90 minutes.

Eat Your Oats Oats are high in soluble fiber, as well as magnesium, which helps improve the body's ability to use insulin, according to a study published in the "Archives of Internal Medicine" in 2007.

These statements are verified by journals of nutrition. Not finding that verification in some of the statements made by earlier posters.

by Anonymousreply 59February 10, 2021 7:57 PM

Donā€™t understand why lots of you arenā€™t permanently hungry. Or maybe you are. Which sounds miserable.

by Anonymousreply 60February 10, 2021 8:34 PM

What component of good health is genetics? My parents smoked, had a diet full of processed foods, and never exercised. They were never sick a day in their life. My dad lived to be 92, and died of an aneurysm after tripping down the stairs in his condo and hitting his head. My mom lived to 98 and passed away peacefully in her sleep.

by Anonymousreply 61February 10, 2021 8:47 PM

I'm always amazed when I hear stories like that, R61. I'm like, god bless them, they didn't deprive themselves of the things they loved and still led long lives.

by Anonymousreply 62February 10, 2021 8:52 PM

See that's the thing r61. All this earnest planning and doing and making sure, does it actually do shit? I suspect when the vast majority of people are born they are just fated to die in a particular decade of their life. All the careful eating and exercise and other shit can maybe give them a year or two, but really, does it matter? Yes, accidents and murder etc can carry you off at some much earlier date, but I suspect genetics is the biggest factor by far on whether you get to your 80s or 90s or 100s.

by Anonymousreply 63February 10, 2021 9:37 PM

I don't think there is just one way to eat and be healthy. There are people who keep their diabetes in check with a whole food, plant based diet and people who keep their diabetes in check with an Atkins type of diet. The one thing they both have in common is minimizing processed food.

by Anonymousreply 64February 10, 2021 10:02 PM

Did none of you see that episode of Zac Efronā€™s documentary show, where he ate pasta for the first time in several years and cried because of how good it tasted and how much his body needed it?

Whole, fresh carbs are not the enemy. Just stay away from the refined sugary white ones, and donā€™t go ham. And maybe put down the bottle and walk a few extra miles a day.

by Anonymousreply 65February 10, 2021 10:05 PM

I did not see that r65 but I believe it.

I donā€™t keep pasta in my house because it is one of my trigger foods. I will indulge a few times a year when I go out, preferably sharing an order with several people. A pasta course should literally be a few forkfuls and nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 66February 10, 2021 11:32 PM

Steak & Eggs

by Anonymousreply 67February 10, 2021 11:34 PM

Im not particular. Feel free to pass the carbs in my direction.

by Anonymousreply 68February 10, 2021 11:36 PM

Next time r16, just stay home.

It's a party, and you're the pooper.

by Anonymousreply 69February 10, 2021 11:41 PM

I was so excited to see this post. So I know Iā€™m a cliche, but I obsess over my diet (all natural and carb-free) because I donā€™t have much of a personality or social life. It gives me something to focus on and a purpose. I started when I turned 50 (11 months ago) and I can tell you that I feel amazing and Iā€™ve lost 3 inches off my waist. I used to eat garbage and fast food and I just felt miserable. For example, breakfast is a boiled egg, avocado (seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, and a handful of blueberries. Snacks throughout the day are roasted almonds. Lunch is a piece of chicken and a veggie. Dinner is never past 7pm and consists of chicken, canned salmon, tuna, and a veggie. Itā€™s boring, but after I lost my sugar/carb cravings itā€™s easy to manage now. I do find myself judging people who eat processed garbage, but thatā€™s part of the fun!

by Anonymousreply 70February 10, 2021 11:43 PM

Oh and I drink 8 ounces of water per hour. ^^^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 71February 10, 2021 11:45 PM

I just had thin crust pizza with pepperoni, extra cheese, peppers, and mushrooms.

by Anonymousreply 72February 10, 2021 11:55 PM

you will die at 81 r72

by Anonymousreply 73February 10, 2021 11:59 PM

[quote]Did none of you see that episode of Zac Efronā€™s documentary show, where he ate pasta for the first time in several years and cried because of how good it tasted and how much his body needed it?

LOL. Oh my sides. Replace the word "pasta" with heroin and you have your answer as to why obesity is exploding in the western world. Sugar and wheat are highly addictive. Any food that makes you cry because you get so high eating it is NOT nutrition. It's a drug. There is NOTHING in pasta that your body "needs". And whole grains are only slightly better than the white stuff. It's all sugar once it hits your blood stream. It's like someone saying they are healthy because they only smoke "light" cigarettes.

R59, that is all complete bullshit. Educate yourself. Here you go:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 12, 2021 12:51 AM

The best I can say is DL posters are opinionated and diverse. Also, they are good at googling.

by Anonymousreply 75February 12, 2021 3:05 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 76April 19, 2021 3:56 AM

[quote]the mental image is kind of funny.. bunch of fat fraus pigging out 6 feet apart and you, the lone homosexual elegantly nibbling on his celery stick in the corner while watching the others with disdain.

Big "Sows at the Trough" energy here. BIG.

by Anonymousreply 77April 19, 2021 4:13 AM

R74. Thanks for posting another quack diet "guru" - Sarah Hallberg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 19, 2021 3:49 PM

OMG, who is that moron @ R78? You want to talk about quacks? Prime example right there. Not even a doctor. Just another tragically misinformed internet loudmouth vegan. Dime a dozen.

Dr. Sarah Hallerg, along with several other world renowned diabetes and obesity specialists, created Virta Health, a highly respected organization that is helping thousands of people all over the world lose weight, reverse diabetes and come off all meds with a low carb diet.

I have lost 40 lbs and reversed my own diabetes (A1C from 12.1 to 5.9 in four months) by following a strict ketogenic diet. I do not take any meds. Blood pressure and labs are now normal. EVERYTHING about my life is better: energy, fitness, sleep, moods, focus, inflammation (joint/foot pain gone), congestion, skin, hair, nails.....on and on. All achieved with zero hunger or cravings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79April 22, 2021 9:02 AM

Stress and obsession can also be killers...

by Anonymousreply 80April 22, 2021 9:36 AM

Great work, R79. The health and quality of life gains are tremendous. Anyone with depression or anxiety may want to give it a try as well, see the work of Dr. Georgia Ede or Dr. Chris Palmer.

by Anonymousreply 81April 22, 2021 12:31 PM

Older homosexuals, lacking any real connections in their lives, often become hardcore acolytes for extreme diets.

SEE ALSO: Everything in moderation.

by Anonymousreply 82April 22, 2021 12:46 PM

Potatoes are wonderful. I cut baby golds in half, toss them with olive oil, herbs and spices, and roast them. Carbs worth having;

The carbs I try to avoid are sweets and white bread. Every now and then as a treat. Like a good warm roll at a nice restaurant - with butter!

by Anonymousreply 83April 24, 2021 11:35 AM

I enjoy eggs, so that is a standard breakfast. I really like a soft boiled egg in 1/2 avacado, seasoned to taste, omelets, deviled eggs or even egg salad.

Chaffles are a nice alternative and can be used as a bread/ roll substitute. They're easy to make and freeze well. I'll have one with a tablespoon of peanut butter, plus coffee & cream when I'm rushed.

I usually do smoothies in the summer and take advantage of all the blueberries that I can get.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 24, 2021 12:25 PM

^ Forgot the rest of my meals! I usually have soup for lunch, since I make chicken stock regularly. Just throw in fresh vegetables, some leftover meat and Sriracha to make it interesting. Otherwise, salad, chaffles sandwich (chicken, or sliced beef), or an easy tuna stuffed tomato type of meal.

I like more vegetables for dinner, especially broccoli, Brussels spouts, bok choy, maybe a small baked sweet potato or squash. I have meat with the meal about every other night, usually chicken, game hens, occasionally beef or pork.

by Anonymousreply 85April 24, 2021 12:34 PM

Diet-wise I need a keelhaul.

Odd as this sounds by DL yardstick, I actually don't eat enough. And my health-nut sister despairs that I skip lunch or combine it with breakfast, and usually not with enough protein or greens for her liking. Eating and prepping food just bores me rigid, basically, and I'm lazier and more unmotivated than I am a greedy fat bitch, so I would rather forgo food if it means an excuse not to exercise.

Anyone got any hacks? I'm meant to be like, guzzling omelettes with protein shakes and lifting weights and shit, but I hate both those things so much. Is there a less hardcore diet or gentler exercise program that can get my weak soft starved body going again?

by Anonymousreply 86August 29, 2022 12:49 AM

A glass of warm milk with two raw eggs added.

by Anonymousreply 87August 29, 2022 1:03 AM

If you like cereal there is low-carb grain-free cereal. Among the best are Purely Elizabeth brand. They have cereals with grain and grain-free. You can find them at Whole Foods, health food stores, or online at Thrive Market. Only 7 grams net carbs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 29, 2022 1:29 AM

Re. protein powder isnā€™t most of it weird oriental shit of dubious origin?

by Anonymousreply 89August 29, 2022 11:08 AM

Protein shake, blueberries

by Anonymousreply 90March 18, 2023 4:15 AM

Boiled eggs

by Anonymousreply 91March 18, 2023 4:15 AM

Coffee with heavy cream for breakfast and for the next few hours, chicken bone broth with lemon, ginger and turmeric (how Gooptastic, I know - it's just for convenience really and I like the seasoned taste a lot), or a cloud bread sandwich (chicken or steak strips, mustard or keto mayo or worcestershire sauce, lettuce) for lunch. Scrambled eggs or steak or roast chicken for early dinner. Cheese as a snack whenever I feel hungry. Haven't felt like cooking lately so that really has been it lately. Also I like a few glasses of wine (DRY - very dry is essential for keto) every few nights so I keep my food carbs to a bare minimum if I'm planning something like that so I can stay under 25.

Beware with drinking on Keto - the hangover will be brutal on relatively little booze. You've GOT to have a low carb rehydration drink or packets or something to take before bed. You can make some good ones yourself by using lime juice and "No Salt" and something else I forget at this very moment. Easy to find recipes online.

When I first started I cooked chicken curry and Thai coconut chicken soup and froze large batches to have for lunch, or with cauliflower rice for dinner. Delicious. Having said that, simple steak, chicken or eggs for dinner is my norm.

by Anonymousreply 92March 18, 2023 8:06 AM

Has anyone used low carb specifically to get aesthetically ripped although they werenā€™t really overweight to start?

by Anonymousreply 93March 18, 2023 1:01 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 94March 18, 2023 4:42 PM

Poached egg and salmon for breakfast

by Anonymousreply 95March 18, 2023 5:35 PM

The great thing about eating low-carb is that my hunger has virtually disappeared, so I skip breakfast. I eat lunch between 11.30 and 2 and dinner at around 8pm.

by Anonymousreply 96March 18, 2023 5:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!