Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Worst Aging Actresses

so, who are your top picks for the worst aged actresses.. living or dead, plastic surgery or natural..

like I was completely unaware of just how bad Stockard Channing got. like mercy me, wtf happened there.

by Anonymousreply 56February 7, 2021 12:56 AM

My, what a positive and uplifting thread.

by Anonymousreply 1February 6, 2021 2:31 AM

Swoosie Kurtz. On "Call Me Kat" she looks like that dancing marionette that Lucille Ball opened her show with. Absolutely hideous.

by Anonymousreply 2February 6, 2021 2:38 AM

Meg Ryan owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 3February 6, 2021 2:42 AM

Melanie Griffith.

by Anonymousreply 4February 6, 2021 2:44 AM

Lizabeth Scott

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 6, 2021 2:47 AM

Sarah Jessica Parker. I still don't understand how Matthew Broderick can stand to look at that face every day.

by Anonymousreply 6February 6, 2021 2:50 AM

r1 if it helps even one lowly haus frau to see the dangers of binge drinking pinot grigio, spending too much time in the sun, injecting industrial silicone into their bodies, getting a gastric bypass then going on a meth binge, letting their momager have the rights to their coochie.. then it will will be ever so inspirational, bright and wonderful, uplifting for all the world's children. you will think of the children, won't you?

by Anonymousreply 7February 6, 2021 2:53 AM

Lara Flynn Boil

by Anonymousreply 8February 6, 2021 3:00 AM

Joan Greenwood was fresh and delightful in 'Kind Hearts' and 'Earnest' and almost sexy in an odd, almost unknown French comedy called 'Mr Peek-a-boo' (see below).

She appeared with Audrey Hepburn in a little movie called 'Young Wives' Tale' in 1951. The movie was annoying but it demonstrated that she and Audrey were really quite similar.

Audrey's career zoomed to the top but poor, petite Joan fell into sub-standard parts and looked rather wizened before her time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 6, 2021 3:19 AM

R8 she's a damned tragedy. Look. No one comes to mind immediately although there are plenty. All I can say is, in general, the ones who age terribly are the ones who are determined to looks like they are still 25-30. They have bad plastic surgery and wear the wrong clothes and they apply their make up all wrong. I can tell you who aged well: Jane Fonda. Yes. She's the Gold Standard. She looks just like herself. I don't mind someone who's lived hard and all their life is on their faces: Booze hounds or drug addicts. I do mind the ones who are unnatural.

by Anonymousreply 10February 6, 2021 3:28 AM

Stockard Channing is 100 damn years old. She was like 40 playing a teenager in Grease. She is like the Red Witch in Game of Thrones.

by Anonymousreply 11February 6, 2021 4:39 AM

This is going way back, but Gracy Kelly or Princess Grace. Still beautiful, but frumpy and matronly-looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 6, 2021 4:49 AM

This thread is insufficiently defined.

Actress who are not aging well - looking monstrous

or

Aging Actresses who are terrible actresses

by Anonymousreply 13February 6, 2021 4:52 AM

That's where a hyphen would have helped. IMO, it's "worst-aging" actresses (that's the topic, considering this is DataLounge).

by Anonymousreply 14February 6, 2021 4:55 AM

She's not the worst aging by far, but Michelle Pfeiffer is on a promotion tour and she has had a LOT of recent work and when the camera first went to her on Colbert I gasped because she had briefly a Joker impact.

by Anonymousreply 15February 6, 2021 5:01 AM

Son and cigarettes probably aged Brigitte Bardot faster than usual.

But I don't think she's had any plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 16February 6, 2021 5:10 AM

Whoops, forgot the pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 6, 2021 5:10 AM

[R17] this is absolutely tragic. At her peak in the 50’s and 60’s, she was considered the most beautiful woman in the world. In pics of that era she can look breathtaking. She’s turned to that?

by Anonymousreply 18February 6, 2021 5:27 AM

[quote] the most beautiful woman

I can't agree, she was considered 'sexually-available" rather than beautiful. She was like Monroe in having 'oomph' rather good bones which age well.

by Anonymousreply 19February 6, 2021 5:33 AM

Thread Closed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 6, 2021 6:18 AM

Sun and cigarettes, a deadly combo.

by Anonymousreply 21February 6, 2021 6:22 AM

When Stockard guest starred on 'Difficult People' as Andrea Martin's sister in 2017, they made terrible fun of her plastic surgery. So she's in on the joke.

by Anonymousreply 22February 6, 2021 7:28 AM

R21 - I see women here in Romania and they all smoke and sunbathe but somehow, they avoid the wrinkles even well into their 60's. Bacon is the food of choice but they avoid middle-age spread. I almost wonder if our food or lifestyle don't contribute. I mean, I was looking for a moisturizer because my skin gets crazy dry in the winter and literally not a line on the face of the older women and skin glowing. This is not true is Western Europe. By 40, they have insane wrinkles, even the men.

by Anonymousreply 23February 6, 2021 7:35 AM

R23, in addition to sun and cigarettes, I suspect there's a lot of alcohol. Plus, these rich people have more opportunities to really get out into the sun: yachts, secluded islands, etc.

by Anonymousreply 24February 6, 2021 7:03 PM

Sophia Loren and Brigitte Bardot are in their 90s or very close to that age. Give them a break.

by Anonymousreply 25February 6, 2021 7:08 PM

Barbra. People usually become more of who they really are as they age. It is certainly true for her. All the filler and botox screams desperate vanity and a human ego hole.

by Anonymousreply 26February 6, 2021 7:39 PM

Liza looks terrible. I realize she was never a raving beauty, but she had a real gamine charm as a young woman. Today she looks like she is melting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 6, 2021 7:54 PM

Meg Foster. Quite lovely when young with unforgettable blue eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 6, 2021 7:55 PM

Today, Foster looks like old leather. Must have been a heavy smoker and sunbather.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 6, 2021 7:56 PM

At R27, Liza looks decent to me, considering her age. That's what aging skin looks like. Same with Meg Foster, whoever that is. That's what aging skin looks like.

by Anonymousreply 30February 6, 2021 7:59 PM

Good god, so many men age like milk. They are the real sun worshippers.

by Anonymousreply 31February 6, 2021 8:02 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 6, 2021 8:20 PM

Honestly- Meg Foster could look stunning with some laser treatments and filler- She its striking but aged. She is someone who would look awesome with some subtle work. For real.

I think Sophia Loren is supremely overrated. That WIG, that FACE!!! But for 90? God bless the lady!!!

Julia Ormond looked pretty rough for awhile. Don't know if she had anything done since-

by Anonymousreply 33February 6, 2021 8:34 PM

R28 - that pic must be 45 years old; Meg Foster is now 72. She looks old — but still like herself. She didn’t had excessive, awful plastic surgery nor did she completely let herself go like Bardot. She’s aged, but aged gracefully I think.

by Anonymousreply 34February 6, 2021 8:35 PM

Lara Flynn Boyle turned into a burn victim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 6, 2021 8:39 PM

Brigitte Bardot is 86 years old. Four years away from 90. It's not tragic to look old, it's tragic to try to look 35 when you're old. I can't stand it when people encourage OLD women by telling them they look FABULOUS after getting surgery and injections to their faces that could pay for a house. It's incredible vanity. Good for Bardot and Charlotte Rampling and other actresses who aren't ashamed of looking their ages.

by Anonymousreply 36February 6, 2021 8:58 PM

All terrible! How tragic!

by Anonymousreply 37February 6, 2021 9:04 PM

I really am startled by Stockard Channing's appearance. But it says more about society than her, really, that she's come to this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38February 6, 2021 9:16 PM

R38 Oh my god!

by Anonymousreply 39February 6, 2021 9:18 PM

^the general public thanks her for it.

by Anonymousreply 40February 6, 2021 9:19 PM

Nicole Kidman's face seems to dip in and out of strange territory. As much as we all bitch about Gwyneth Paltrow, she does seem to be aging pretty naturally.

by Anonymousreply 41February 6, 2021 9:30 PM

Not everyone can be Sally Field

by Anonymousreply 42February 6, 2021 9:32 PM

It's fucked. It looks like Stockard left her eyes alone. It's those horrible lips and cheeks.

Its not that bad, if she could undo the lips and some of the cheeks.

Maybe it is more jarring because she didn't fuck up her eyes as well.

Goddamn that is bad, bad work. Shame on that doctor. Shame.

by Anonymousreply 43February 6, 2021 9:42 PM

Please, like Meg Foster could afford any surgery. He looks like she flips burgers.

by Anonymousreply 44February 6, 2021 9:45 PM

Lara Flynn Boyle is obviously a very sick woman both physically and mentally.

by Anonymousreply 45February 6, 2021 9:47 PM

Suzanne Somers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 6, 2021 10:04 PM

Jessica Lange

by Anonymousreply 47February 6, 2021 10:07 PM

Tina Louise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 6, 2021 10:08 PM

Ginger is not up for discussion!

We already lost Maryann!

by Anonymousreply 49February 6, 2021 11:00 PM

Kim Novak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50February 6, 2021 11:37 PM

[quote]OP: so, who are your top picks for the worst aged actresses.. living or dead, plastic surgery or natural.. like I was completely unaware of just how bad Stockard Channing got. like mercy me, wtf happened there.

Oh, dear. Oh, dear. Oh, dear. Oh, dear. Oh, dear. Oh, dear. Oh, dear. Oh, dear. Oh, dear. Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 51February 6, 2021 11:41 PM

Stockard might win. I'd have thought she'd have left her face alone. She looks like a puppet in that interview.

Courtney Cox was looking rough there for awhile with way too many fillers around the time of the 4th Scream movie, but she admitted that those were a mistake and has since removed them which was a wise choice. She looks lovely and much more natural now.

by Anonymousreply 52February 6, 2021 11:45 PM

Linda Evans. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 53February 6, 2021 11:50 PM

Some of them you can see they have had facelifts because they have defined jawlines and no jowls and smooth, unlined foreheads. Piece by piece, they should technically look “young” but as a whole it looks worse than if they had kept the wrinkles and jowls.

by Anonymousreply 54February 7, 2021 12:00 AM

I was watching an interview of JOAN VAN ARK from Knots Landing- she looks HORRIBLE.

by Anonymousreply 55February 7, 2021 12:07 AM

This kind of extreme plastic surgery is so common in Southern California and the places these ladies frequent that they don't see how horrible it is. It's unfortunately become a norm for them.

I've been watching the great French series called CALL MY AGENT on Netflix that features lots of middle aged and older French actresses who have aged so beautifully. Some medical help, of course, but done with great restraint and artistry. Hollywood should take notice.

by Anonymousreply 56February 7, 2021 12:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!