Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL Icon Liz Cheney triumphs in House leadership vote

She retains her leadership position by a vote of 145-61. The Q-side of the GOP caucus said they had the votes to cancel her. But the vote ended up being on a secret ballot.

She refused to apologize for impeaching Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 7, 2021 5:20 PM

They shouldn't have been allowed to do that by secret ballot.

by Anonymousreply 1February 4, 2021 1:36 AM

And yet the spineless GQP [bold]still[/bold] won't vote to expel that evil Nazi bitch Marjorie Greene.

by Anonymousreply 2February 4, 2021 1:39 AM

The RepubliQAnonces these days are ugly, stinking wusses.

by Anonymousreply 3February 4, 2021 1:41 AM

[quote]And yet the spineless GQP still won't vote to expel that evil Nazi bitch Marjorie Greene.

I guess half of the room actually gave her a standing ovation. Some of them are spineless, but I think quite a few simply agree with her.

by Anonymousreply 4February 4, 2021 1:43 AM

The party of Lincoln is being held hostage by Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 5February 4, 2021 1:44 AM

it's a sad state of affairs when the rightwing dauther of chickenhawk dick "go fuck yourself" cheney comes off as the better one.

by Anonymousreply 6February 4, 2021 1:47 AM

Damn, I wanted the Repigs to vote against Cheney. I want the Repigs to show themselves to be in total disarray. It's the same reason I don't want them to expel whacko and intentional troublemaker Marjorie Taylor Greene. I want the Repigs to keep its conspiracy nutcases. I don't want the Repigs to come off as being reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 7February 4, 2021 1:54 AM

I hope these two raging twats year each other limb from limb, and Democrat women all make snide comments to the press along the lines of “gee, no wonder conservatards hate women if that’s what they’re like. WE don’t have that problem.”

by Anonymousreply 8February 4, 2021 2:07 AM

I don’t fully understand why Liz Cheney has been singled out.

10 House Republicans (including Cheney), voted to impeach dump. Adam Kinzinger for example, is one of those 10. Why isn’t McCarthy going after him, or any of the others? Why is Cheney being singled out? Is it because she holds a leadership position, and the other 9 do not?

by Anonymousreply 9February 4, 2021 2:11 AM

I am glad to see as crazy as House Republicans are, they haven't gone completely off the deep end. At least when their dumbass base can't see the vote they aren't all dumbass conspiracy theory cultists.

by Anonymousreply 10February 4, 2021 2:14 AM

Why are we supposed to be excited about this? She won’t vote for Biden’s stimulus package and she won’t call out that Marjorie cunt.

Fuck her just like all the rest.

by Anonymousreply 11February 4, 2021 2:15 AM

[quote] 10 House Republicans (including Cheney), voted to impeach dump. Adam Kinzinger for example, is one of those 10. Why isn’t McCarthy going after him, or any of the others?

McCarthy (to his credit) didn't go after Liz Cheney--he explicitly said this week he thought she was free to vote her conscience on the impeachment vote.

It's the more die-hard Trumptards like Matt "Nestor's Friend... Uh, I Mean Boss... Uh, I Mean Dad" Gaetz who have been going after Cheney,

by Anonymousreply 12February 4, 2021 2:19 AM

R11 for the WIN! Truer words were never spoken about ANY of these pugs. They are the albatross around the neck of “all things good”. Fuck them. I hope they eat each other up like a bunch of starving cannibals. I’m kind of thrilled that the pugs inherited Loony Tunes Taylor Green. Let these fuckers die in embarrassment while trying to explaining away her antics, as she induces massive heartburn attacks on her party for the next two years. You have to know this crazy bitch isn’t done stirring shit up.

by Anonymousreply 13February 4, 2021 2:31 AM

Dems need to just keep letting out the rope, keep letting out the rope, keep letting out the rope.....til Snap!

by Anonymousreply 14February 4, 2021 2:38 AM

I felt like she was looking for controversy there.

by Anonymousreply 15February 4, 2021 2:53 AM

I can't stand Liz Cheney, but she was raised by the meanest, nastiest republican in history, she'll be fine

by Anonymousreply 16February 4, 2021 2:54 AM

The House GOP doesn't fully realize as yet that they are up against Dick, prince of darkness, for whom this is now PERSONAL. We know that he will stop at nothing to advance his program; he knows no boundaries (he even used to shred most of the Christmas cards he received and stamp others Top Secret, for security reasons). Dick marshalled the former secretaries of defense to write that letter to the Chiefs to keep the military off the streets recently; that was the business of THE USA. Now he is looking after his daughter in the House; that is the business of DADDY. Marjorie Taylor Greene better watch her caboose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 4, 2021 3:02 AM

I think Liz and Marge should duke it out. My money's on Liz. She knows to go for a swift kick to Marge's ballsack as a preemptive move.

by Anonymousreply 18February 4, 2021 3:02 AM

What a bunch of pussies voting by secret ballot. How can any self respecting human being still claim this grease fire of a party?

by Anonymousreply 19February 4, 2021 3:35 AM

Well I think that’s good news for all of us.

I suspect the secret ballot protected those who chose to support her.

by Anonymousreply 20February 4, 2021 3:37 AM

[quote] I can't stand Liz Cheney, but she was raised by the meanest, nastiest republican in history, she'll be fine

Completely agree. She is a child of Satan. Those Qanon-nuts are too stupid to know they should be terrified of her

by Anonymousreply 21February 4, 2021 3:54 AM

For all their faults the Cheneys are not QAnon. I am nearly suffocating putting any praise at all in the direction of Satan, but as Churchill said, "If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favourable reference to the devil in the House of Commons."

by Anonymousreply 22February 4, 2021 3:57 AM

Liz Cheney epitomizes everything these Trump/Qanon supporters hate, as the daughter of the ultimate member of the GOP establishment. And she’s a woman, so of course they’ll attack her.

The GOP isn’t going to change for a while. They’re emboldened by the fact that 2020 wasn’t the disaster it should have been for them. They gained seats in the House and they held onto seats they should have lost in Maine, Kentucky and South Carolina, where they were outspent and stuck with unpopular incumbents. Trump did better than he should have, too; they held onto several states that now seem to have moved from “toss up” to “”lean right,” like Ohio and Florida.

In spite of a faltering economy , a pandemic and social unrest, 2020 was not a close election, not a landslide repudiation. The reason is the Trump base, which is pretty all that’s left of the GOP base.

They’re stuck with Trump and these folks unless they sustain huge losses in 2022 and 2024. That may force them to retreat and reinvent themselves. Until then, the rest of us are stuck with them, as 70 million voted for them in 2020, and all it will take is a drop in youth/minority turnout for them to return to power.

by Anonymousreply 23February 4, 2021 4:15 AM

[quote] as 70 million voted for them in 2020

74 million voted for TRUMP. Republicans will not see another vote total like that for decades. The schism in the Republican party is caused by the desperate hope that Margarine Taylor Green and her Qanon-nuts will continue to show up at the polls -- they won't. MJT has a vagina (allegedly) so that already demoralizes half of Trump's base. They are waging a losing war.

by Anonymousreply 24February 4, 2021 4:36 AM

It really needs to come down to a blonde bitch cage match between MTG and Lizzard Cheney.

by Anonymousreply 25February 4, 2021 4:40 AM

The only reason they voted for Cheney is because the next in line was a wild card. Nobody had enough support. Elise Stefanik wants it and didnt have enough support lined up and i think other members on the fence were worried a woman wouldnt get the spot if Cheney was bounced...so all those who support Stefanik voted for Cheney in the hopes of getting another crack at it in 2022 when she's built more support.

by Anonymousreply 26February 4, 2021 5:37 AM

Please, please, please form the Dump Patriot Party!

by Anonymousreply 27February 4, 2021 7:34 AM

[quote] She is a child of Satan.

My husband wouldn't dare to cheat on me. He knows what I'm capable of.

by Anonymousreply 28February 4, 2021 8:30 AM

Liz Cheney is a DL icon?

by Anonymousreply 29February 4, 2021 8:33 AM

The GOP sees QAnon as a liability. Especially after the GA runoff election where the media was happy to report of the Trump loyalists telling the voters not to bother with voting, because it's all rigged (and that's why Trump lost). QAnon is willing to tun on the GOP, because Trump did not get his way. If you are not fully loyal to the GOP, you're a liability. The Lincoln Project is a downlow hit squad to push Trump and his loyalists out of the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 30February 4, 2021 8:36 AM

Its a sad day indeed when you're cheering because LIZ CHENEY triumphs; everyone knows exactly what kind of person she is (the person for whom the term *cunt* was truly invented), but if the repigs are going to keep from going completely off the deep end, they need people like her to prevail.

by Anonymousreply 31February 4, 2021 8:39 AM

I don't believe anyone is actually rooting for Liz. It's just people truly enjoy the infighting where Liz bitchslaps Gaetz with his own man purse.

by Anonymousreply 32February 4, 2021 8:41 AM

Repugnicans! What a miserable, disgusting, contemptible excuse for a political party. If any of them had an ounce of integrity they'd split off completely from those Trump bootlicking, Qanon dumbasses and form another party.

by Anonymousreply 33February 4, 2021 8:47 AM

Meanwhile in response to Gaetz's claim that they had the votes to unseat Cheney...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 4, 2021 9:31 AM

If they don't impeach him they will look back with regret. We didn't employ you to get 're-elected'. We did so for you to serve 'we the people'. Now do your duty.

by Anonymousreply 35February 4, 2021 9:52 AM

Liz Cheney is the devil we know. She’s a mean cunt, but she comes down on the correct side of national security. Lord knows we need help holding the line there, with all the compromised R’s running amuck in the Capitol.

by Anonymousreply 36February 4, 2021 10:16 AM

Liz at least is not a Russian operative.

by Anonymousreply 37February 4, 2021 10:20 AM

Oh they don't care about that R35! They only care about being reelected.

by Anonymousreply 38February 4, 2021 10:34 AM

If they had not done a secret ballot Cheney would be out. Republicans have become the Qanon party because of corrupt and craven leadership.

by Anonymousreply 39February 4, 2021 10:36 AM

We’re celebrating Cheneys now? Too funny.

by Anonymousreply 40February 4, 2021 11:25 AM

[quote]running amuck in the Capitol.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 41February 4, 2021 2:33 PM

R41, they were running amuck [sic] with shit all over the walls!

by Anonymousreply 42February 4, 2021 2:39 PM

Apologies. I’m a time traveler from 1900.

by Anonymousreply 43February 4, 2021 3:42 PM

Oh, you poor dear.

Spoiler alert: you’re not gonna like 2020.

by Anonymousreply 44February 4, 2021 3:47 PM

Sucks to be Matt Gaetz today. His effort to out Cheney failed by a mile. All he got was a brand new enemy for life in one Liz Cheney. That evil cunt will avenge herself and Matty ought to be watching his back from now to the end of his sniveling miserable life.

by Anonymousreply 45February 4, 2021 4:07 PM

[quote] His effort to out Cheney failed by a mile.

Isn’t she already out?

Or is that Mary?

by Anonymousreply 46February 4, 2021 4:25 PM

[quote] All he got was a brand new enemy for life in one Liz Cheney.

Just wait until I go duck hunting with Matt.

by Anonymousreply 47February 4, 2021 4:29 PM

[quote]I can't stand Liz Cheney, but she was raised by the meanest, nastiest republican in history, she'll be fine

Why, thank you, R16! I've never been so flattered.

by Anonymousreply 48February 4, 2021 4:33 PM

The pathetic Republican Party values Masculine Marjorie for the same reason they loved Doofus Don: They both have a level of media fame/infamy this sniveling party of freaks wouldn't otherwise have. Such a pathetic lot.

by Anonymousreply 49February 4, 2021 4:34 PM

As much as I loathe a hard neocon like Cheney, I would still take her over a cynical Trump shill like Stefanik, who is basically an MTG with better manners.

Cheney once said that Stefanik is the future of the GOP, but Liz should watch her back. I'm willing to bet Stefanik voted to give Liz the boot.

by Anonymousreply 50February 4, 2021 4:35 PM

Most of the House Republicans know all the Trump and Q stuff is nuts and worse than nuts, but they're both cynical about keeping the deplorables' votes and (as revealed by newly-elected dry-goods heir Peter Meijer) literally terrorized by the deplorable base whose death threats to them and their families are constant.

And the rest of the Republicans are just crazy.

by Anonymousreply 51February 4, 2021 4:37 PM

[quote] revealed by newly-elected dry-goods heir

This sounds like something from the 1800s. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 52February 4, 2021 4:40 PM

The GOP's issue is that they work for the 1% exclusively. And it would look really strange if they constantly win elections when only the 1% are backing them. That's why they need the optics of having the Christian vote and the redneck vote in all its variations. Trump puts the GOP in the awkward position where it's difficult for them to explain why they still get so many votes when the mouth breathers follow Trump and QAnon crazies (the new Tea Party).

by Anonymousreply 53February 4, 2021 4:43 PM

OP, in what parallel universe is Liz Cheney a "DL Icon"?

by Anonymousreply 54February 4, 2021 6:27 PM

CQWARDS!

They play a virgin in the light

But need no urgin' in the night

One wonders what votes we might get if they were all anonymous. It reinforces that they KNOW exactly how much it stinks and STILL do nothing to stop the smell.

by Anonymousreply 55February 4, 2021 7:18 PM

This woman is a war criminal.

by Anonymousreply 56February 4, 2021 9:21 PM

The bottom line is that, like other ultrarich legacy cunts like Mittens Romney and unlike penniless hustlers like La Senatrice, Liz doesn't have to shove her tongue up the shitter of the likes of Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 57February 4, 2021 9:58 PM

Why should anybody have to shove their tongues up the assholes of her or Romney?

by Anonymousreply 58February 4, 2021 10:00 PM

If you told me 5 years ago I"d be happy for Liz Cheney, I would have laughed.

by Anonymousreply 59February 4, 2021 10:04 PM

She's got Daddy's old at-large WY seat. Trumptards will have trouble getting rid of her until she is good and ready to leave. That still doesn't make her a DL icon...

by Anonymousreply 60February 4, 2021 10:04 PM

She sucks. She’ll be primaried out in the next election.

by Anonymousreply 61February 4, 2021 10:06 PM

Health warning to newcomers: Defacto is DL's resident Trumptard troll.

by Anonymousreply 62February 4, 2021 10:09 PM

How many people of color are dead because of her and her husband’s wars against people of color? Don’t pretend you didn’t hate her guts during the Bush administration for even less than that. Don’t be fooled into thinking that the enemy of your enemy is your friend.

And don’t forget who didn’t show up at Mary Cheney‘s wedding.

by Anonymousreply 63February 4, 2021 10:30 PM

So funny. Now Datalounge loves Bush and Cheney?

by Anonymousreply 64February 4, 2021 10:31 PM

I volunteer to step across the aisle and shove my tongue into Romney's sons holes. I am #bipartisan and a #unifier like that.

by Anonymousreply 65February 5, 2021 4:00 AM

CNN's Daniella Diaz:

The Wyoming State GOP Party voted MOMENTS AGO to formally censure Liz Cheney for her vote to impeach Trump in the latest example of state Republican parties punishing lawmakers who have gone against supporting the former president.

They are also calling on her to "immediately" resign and the party intends to “withhold any future political funding” from her. The motion also called on her to repay donations from the state GOP and any county Republican Parties to her 2020 re-election campaign.

by Anonymousreply 66February 6, 2021 9:11 PM

She will be primaried for certain. However, she was among those who voted against Green being stripped of her committee appointments, so she's already playing along to head off any challengers.

You can bet she'll be railing against most anything Biden does to rebuild her "cred".

If she does lose a primary, maybe she'll pull a Lisa Murkowski and run as an independent.

by Anonymousreply 67February 7, 2021 5:15 PM

Gunfight at the Republican O.K. Corral

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 7, 2021 5:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!