Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Actor Tom Villard

I've read some interesting stories about him on DL. I also remember an anecdote from the "One Crazy Summer (1986)" DVD audio commentary about Bobcat Goldthwait showing up at Tom's house during an all-male naked pool party. Goldthwait said Tom was his friend and he misses him.

Any more stories/thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 43November 27, 2022 8:24 PM

Bobcat is everyone's friend. He was also a good friend of Cobain. I saw him moved to tears on a few occasions talking about him.

by Anonymousreply 1January 31, 2021 7:20 AM

When I was a kid watching the Police Academy movies in the 80s, I thought Bobcat was the absolute funniest actor who’d ever lived.

Who was Tom Villard and was he hung?

by Anonymousreply 2January 31, 2021 8:04 AM

R2 Oddball character/comedy actor who died of aids. Weird voice, tall with curly hair. Didn’t come off as stereotypical gay, just odd.

by Anonymousreply 3January 31, 2021 8:07 AM

He went on Entertainment Tonight ravaged by Kaposi’s sarcoma.

by Anonymousreply 4January 31, 2021 8:10 AM

[quote] Who was Tom Villard

Season 2, episode 8 (“Vacation”).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 31, 2021 9:09 AM

Villard was one of the leads on the lame 80s comedy WE GOT IT MADE.

by Anonymousreply 6January 31, 2021 10:51 AM

I’m more surprised Tom was ever able to afford a house with a pool.

by Anonymousreply 7January 31, 2021 3:05 PM

I'd never heard of him, but he could look pretty sexy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 31, 2021 3:14 PM

I've seen him in a Dow Chemical commercial on youtube from ca. 1986.

by Anonymousreply 9January 31, 2021 3:31 PM

Tom actually appeared in quite a few movies and television episodes in the 80 and early-mid 90s. He did a lot of game shows as well. I just saw him recently on an old PYRAMID episode. He was really good. Here he is on the opening of a SUPER PASSWORD episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 31, 2021 3:32 PM

He seemed very sweet. RIP

by Anonymousreply 11January 31, 2021 4:01 PM

Tom Villard was a happy-faced minor sitcom actor from the 80s who died of AIDS, r2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 31, 2021 4:19 PM

A poor man's Tom Hanks.

by Anonymousreply 13January 31, 2021 4:27 PM

R12- The other actor on that show was good looking. Was/is he gay too?

by Anonymousreply 14January 31, 2021 4:31 PM

As a kid he kind of reminded me of Tom Hanks

by Anonymousreply 15January 31, 2021 4:50 PM

Those opening credits - cringe.

by Anonymousreply 16January 31, 2021 4:50 PM

He was cute. Are there photos from his nude pool parties?

by Anonymousreply 17January 31, 2021 4:53 PM

r5 That was not his only "Golden Girls" episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 31, 2021 4:57 PM

r14 Matt McCoy? Not gay, has worked a lot, and was recently seen in AARP/The Hartford commercials frequently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 31, 2021 4:59 PM

We Got It Made was NBC's attempt at Three's company. The other guy was Matt McCoy who was the husband in "Hand that Rocks the Cradle."

by Anonymousreply 20January 31, 2021 5:50 PM

Gone too soon.

by Anonymousreply 21April 12, 2022 2:12 PM

I really liked him, especially his goofy voice and boyish good looks. He was a good celebrity player on the game shows, too.

I like to imagine that if he had lived, he and Corinne Bohrer would have been cast in a hit sitcom as love interests.

by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2022 3:33 PM

R8 Well he wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 23April 12, 2022 3:42 PM

He was the first guy I fucked in the ass. We were roommates in NY and he insisted that we "get the sex stuff out of the way first." I hadn't yet heard that men could fuck each other, and was shocked at the idea of putting my dick where the shit comes out. But I did it.

He had a longish, skinny dick, but all he wanted was to get fucked (I only did it that once). I'm not sure I ever even saw his dick hard (I didn't get to put it in my mouth).

He was the biggest neat freak in the world. He expected me to clean the toilet after each use.

He could come across as kind of a hillbilly: he carried his money in one of his socks, which looked especially funny when he was wearing boots, as if he was announcing "Hey, look, everyone. I've got money. Come and get it." He never got robbed, though, at least while I knew him.

My friends and I would call him "Vampire." When Tom left a message on someone's machine, he would invariably say "This is Tom Villard. V as in Vampire-I-L-L-A-R-D."

Overall, he was a nice guy. When we were a little older, and I was in advertising, I'd have him audition for commercials I thought he might be good for. I wasn't the ultimate decider, and I don't think he ever got work via me.

He brought home excellent leftovers sometimes from the restaurant where he was a waiter, the Box Tree.

by Anonymousreply 24April 12, 2022 3:50 PM

He seemed to be Tom Hanks' special needs brother. He's adorkable in "One Crazy Summer." Matt Mulhern looked good as a blond.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 12, 2022 6:31 PM

R24, had AIDS begun when you had sex with him?

by Anonymousreply 26April 12, 2022 6:37 PM

I was freelancing at an upscale design house that created the memorial cards for Villard's memorial. I remember him from We Got It Made. There was something about a "single toothbrush" that has stuck with me. I also worked with his co-star Teri Copley on a film project a few years prior.

by Anonymousreply 27April 12, 2022 6:52 PM

Here's Tom on "Body Language" with Mindy Cohn in August, 1985. I get the impression they were pals. Note the little exchange about her summer in Vancouver & how she spent her free time. "What else?! What else?!" Yeah, he was just being funny, going for an easy laugh...but with the benefit of hindsight, he may have actually known something.

A few years ago, Mindy did a live comedy-storytelling bit called "What Happens in Vancouver" -- about about *finally* losing her virginity at nineteen. (it's on YouTube & pretty funny).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 12, 2022 10:18 PM

Tom also turns up in Grease 2; here he is in the glasses and red/black sweater in "Reproduction."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 13, 2022 12:07 AM

No, r26. It was 1975. Everyone was having sex with everyone. Getting laid felt like a political imperative.

by Anonymousreply 30April 13, 2022 12:08 AM

So how was the sex?

by Anonymousreply 31April 13, 2022 2:46 AM

I guess The Golden Girls historians are shipwrecked on the island Tom was. Matt McCoy was also on The Golden Girls. He was the priest during the homeless shelter Christmas episode.

by Anonymousreply 32April 13, 2022 2:47 AM

Tom went on E. Tonight saying how he was in danger of losing his health insurance due to his AIDS costs so Star Trek captain Avery Brooks helped get him a role on DS9 to help keep it going. As cray cray as folks make him out to be, Avery seems like a caring guy who helps others when he can.

by Anonymousreply 33April 13, 2022 4:59 AM

For me, Matt McCoy will always be the Small-Dick-Energy/Asshole Passenger (there's always one) in "Miracle Landing", the t.v. movie about Aloha Airlines #243 which lost a big chunk of its roof. His character thinks he's hot shit/Rico Suave. Lamely comes onto flight attendant Ana Alicia (who is having none of it) and boasts that he has flying experience in small planes. But then, of course, turns into sniveling wimp when the shit hits the fan.

by Anonymousreply 34April 13, 2022 6:34 AM

Villard is fun in a little seen horror film called Popcorn. It stars Dee Wallace, Jill Schoelen, Tony Roberts(!?!?) and a bit scene with Ray Walston. I remember him from other '80s projects and always liked his goofy energy.

by Anonymousreply 35April 13, 2022 6:58 AM

Tom was one of the first Hollywood celebrities to go public with his AIDS diagnosis when there were no medications to deal with it. He wasn't a huge star, but it was a very big deal at the time and he was brave to do so. He should be remembered for that.

by Anonymousreply 36April 13, 2022 9:00 AM

Was he just quirky or was he on the spectrum?

by Anonymousreply 37April 13, 2022 11:13 AM

So there have been links in this thread featuring Constance McCashin AND Stepfanie Kramer and not a WORD from anyone?

Datalounge just isn't what it used to be.

by Anonymousreply 38April 13, 2022 11:54 AM

Matt McCoy will always be the discount Mahoney to me.

by Anonymousreply 39April 14, 2022 6:05 AM

He played an aspiring cartoonist on the last episode of TAXI.

by Anonymousreply 40April 14, 2022 2:26 PM

TRIVIA = Just saw it on Buzzr = Match Game Hollywood Squares Hour = Tom Villard was on the exact same episode as actor David Oliver. Both died of AIDS. Villard in 1994 and David in 1992. Looked for the episode on YT but no luck. As the show was ending they were chatting together. Link about David Oliver. Such a beautiful man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 27, 2022 8:03 AM

R41 = FOUND IT....Villard and David Oliver...Taped January 14/15....Aired week of January 23rd....Middle row....Teri Copely between them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 27, 2022 8:33 AM

[quote][R24], had AIDS begun when you had sex with him?

It began during sex with him.

by Anonymousreply 43November 27, 2022 8:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!