Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Publix Heiress Julie Fancelli Funded the MAGA Capitol Insurrection

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138February 20, 2021 1:34 PM

Despicable human being

by Anonymousreply 2January 30, 2021 2:56 PM

According to a friend of mine in Florida, the Publix grocery chain is handling COVID vaccinations. You can get one there (provided you meet the current requirements) but only in red counties. This makes even more sense now.

by Anonymousreply 3January 30, 2021 2:58 PM

Good, makes these people notorious. Tired of rich assholes hiding in the background. Make her synonymous with treason.

by Anonymousreply 4January 30, 2021 3:02 PM

Too bad, because Publix is THE best supermarket.

They also recently fucked up by getting the vaccine franchise after donating to DeSantis.

by Anonymousreply 5January 30, 2021 3:02 PM

Glad I shop at Wegmans.

by Anonymousreply 6January 30, 2021 3:02 PM

Sad to hear that. I love Publix.

Wondered why Miami/Dade was not on the list of counties for COVID vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 7January 30, 2021 3:11 PM

R5 - Floridians have this weird obsession with Publix, only because they have such a huge market share in Florida. It's not really that great - and not better than other supermarket chains around the US.

Read this article - first, it's written by a 20 year old Floridian, so a broad perspective isn't exactly her strength. But everything she mentions is standard in most supermarkets elsewhere.

Publix can't touch Wegmans or many other local chains. It's just not special and the food isn't that good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 30, 2021 3:12 PM

And this isn’t some situation where Publix can say she acted on her own and their hands are clean. They’re bankrolling DeSantis directly.

[QUOTE] In December, Publix donated $100,000 to the Friends of Ron DeSantis political action committee, as reported by the Miami New Times. DeSantis’ office denied that the donation played any role in Publix receiving its vaccine role, telling the Lakeland Ledger that those claims were “baseless and ridiculous.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 30, 2021 3:12 PM

Those blue hairs will still vote to re-elect DeSantis so fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 10January 30, 2021 3:15 PM

R8 - sorry, 20 year Florida resident, not 20 year old. I'd still say the author lacks perspective. And yes, I know this was pretty much a PR piece, but the fact that the only singular item which makes Publix different is a SCALE at the front of the store - that says a lot.

by Anonymousreply 11January 30, 2021 3:17 PM

For many in Flawda Publix is the only game in town. Coming from LA was I was irked by the limited selection in my Publix. The end game of monopoly. We all have a choice as long as it's Wal Mart,Publix and CVS. Welcome to end stage capitalism and the right wing yahoos who profit off of it.

by Anonymousreply 12January 30, 2021 3:23 PM

Publix Where Insurrection Is A Pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 13January 30, 2021 3:23 PM

Publix seems great to Floridians because their competition has often been horrible. Winn-Dixie---controlled by a blood sucking family from Jacksonville until it went bankrupt (the 1st time) and Walmart are their major competitors. Winn-Dixie stores were often notoriously understaffed and dirty. In other parts of the South their major competition is Kroger which is mediocre at best.

by Anonymousreply 14January 30, 2021 3:26 PM

FUCK PUBLIX, The most over priced supermarket in Florida...hopefully Winne Dixie is smarter about who they donate to

by Anonymousreply 15January 30, 2021 3:27 PM

Pending public shaming of Publix, who are their suppliers, meaning which large corporations stock their products on their shelves?

by Anonymousreply 16January 30, 2021 3:29 PM

Winn Dixie sucks so bad. All their food is just lard and sugar

by Anonymousreply 17January 30, 2021 3:31 PM

R8 That really is just a checklist of things offered by most grocery chains.

by Anonymousreply 18January 30, 2021 3:37 PM

People in Florida feel about Publix like people in Philly feel about Wawa (yes; I know it's not a grocery store) Same energy.

by Anonymousreply 19January 30, 2021 3:37 PM

R12 and R14 are spot on. It really is the only game in town with any levels of cleanliness. Winn Dixie is just gross.

I know a lot of people are protective of their local/regional stores - but this is not something that needs protecting. But somehow it's part of their identity.

If anything, it's a sham and monopoly. Several people in my family have had second homes in Florida and they all say the same thing - it's the only store around. They don't really have a choice.

by Anonymousreply 20January 30, 2021 3:39 PM

I don’t think going after suppliers would work, R16. Grocery stores are a protected class. They’re essential now, remember? Stripping product from shelves will be perceived as hurting the people who need those items.

by Anonymousreply 21January 30, 2021 3:41 PM

I guess I just ate my last Publix Ultimate Sub :( Damn, they were good and cheap, but every time I pass a Publix now all I'll think about is Trump, a dead cop and the insurrection... I just lost my appetite

by Anonymousreply 22January 30, 2021 3:45 PM

Florida Woman Supports Florida Man

by Anonymousreply 23January 30, 2021 3:46 PM

As a kid growing up in the fetid swamp that is Flawda, we use to go into Publix just to cool down. In July when those auto doors open and the rush of icy air hit ya died and went to heaven. We would run and weigh ourselves on the huge cargo scale. Spent at least an hour running down the wide highly waxed aisles.That being said, Fancelli is a fascist cunt.

by Anonymousreply 24January 30, 2021 3:46 PM

[quote]Icing My Nipples

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 25January 30, 2021 3:48 PM

Publix was never a great food store. It was just a short step uo from the previous crap on offer. To be honest even the Whole Foods stores I shopped at in Florida aren't as good as the ones in DC for instance. They never heard of arrugala once when I asked where I could find it. I fainted and had to be airlifted to a proper grocery store up north.

Did she fund the rally or the riot? I do not think the riot and the storming of the Capitol was a foreseeable event, certainly not in the rally planning stage - unless we can get the goods on her that she was in on the insurrection planning. I wonder if the FBI visited her like they did some other right wing agents to warn them not to get involved.

This would be a good time to picket Publix.

by Anonymousreply 26January 30, 2021 3:51 PM

Why isn’t everyone lining up to boycott Publix? Oh, because it would actually mean changing behavior.

Remember when everyone vowed to boycott Goya because the CEO donate to the former president’s campaign. I guess it was easier to “boycott” products one rarely buys just to be in solidarity with.....whom, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 27January 30, 2021 3:51 PM

Hopefully Antifa targets Publix in future riots...talk about poetic justice 😂

by Anonymousreply 28January 30, 2021 3:52 PM

[QUOTE] Did she fund the rally or the riot? I do not think the riot and the storming of the Capitol was a foreseeable event, certainly not in the rally planning stage

The rally and the riot are one in the same, R26. The storming of the Capitol wasn’t foreseeable? By who, Stevie Wonder?

by Anonymousreply 29January 30, 2021 3:57 PM

I do understand why you might not want to shutter your only viable grocery store.

Maybe sit-Ins or teach-ins. Oh my. I'm getting all verklempt.

by Anonymousreply 30January 30, 2021 3:57 PM

[quote] The rally and the riot are one in the same, [R26]. The storming of the Capitol wasn’t foreseeable? By who, Stevie Wonder?

Nope. Not in the real world. So unless you got more evidence of her involvement in the riot and insurrection we stay in the real world. Put your fantasy glasses down.

by Anonymousreply 31January 30, 2021 3:59 PM

R26, you referred to the FBI visiting agents who are right leaning? Can you cite a source for that?

by Anonymousreply 32January 30, 2021 4:00 PM

So when is she going to be arrested? Because if she hasn't been, she certainly should be.

by Anonymousreply 33January 30, 2021 4:04 PM

I was in Florida for work to monitor some focus groups. Almost all the attendants talked about was how fabulous Publix was. So I went to check out a few locations and was shocked at how very average they were. Maybe I missed something but I could not fathom the draw or why customers were so loyal.

by Anonymousreply 34January 30, 2021 4:06 PM

Wegmans rulz! But they're probably deplorables too.

by Anonymousreply 35January 30, 2021 4:06 PM

The Wegmans family would never do anything like this.

by Anonymousreply 36January 30, 2021 4:09 PM

Im eating an italian pinwheel from publix as i type this. Lord why hath thou forsaken publix? This cant be life!

by Anonymousreply 37January 30, 2021 4:12 PM

R13 beat me to it!

by Anonymousreply 38January 30, 2021 4:13 PM

[quote] [R26], you referred to the FBI visiting agents who are right leaning? Can you cite a source for that?

I didn't mean "FBI agents" per say if that's what you're asking. I meant "agents" as a general noun - as in members of right wing groups like Proud Boys. There was quite a bit of info that those people under active FBI watch for recent extreme right wing "activism" were visited by the FBI and warned/cautioned not to come to Washington. ( Autocorrect turned the word visited into fisted LOL)

by Anonymousreply 39January 30, 2021 4:14 PM

^^^ oops - per se not per say.

by Anonymousreply 40January 30, 2021 4:16 PM

Of course the root of the whole Deplorable ethos is that they think with Republicans in power, they'll fulfill their dream of erasing all minorities.

by Anonymousreply 41January 30, 2021 4:19 PM

@r31, "Nope. Not in the real world. So unless you got more evidence of her involvement in the riot and insurrection we stay in the real world. Put your fantasy glasses down. "

You are the one not in the real world like all Trumpers. Read all about it, then leave

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 30, 2021 4:29 PM

This is red meat for the waddling masses of Trumpers in the Publix target area. ShOP PublIX MAGA!! Sigh...

by Anonymousreply 43January 30, 2021 4:34 PM

Florida. Enough said.

by Anonymousreply 44January 30, 2021 4:38 PM

Wegmans and Publix meet in North Carolina. Now we just need the former to come a little further south.

by Anonymousreply 45January 30, 2021 4:54 PM

The wife of a sitting Supreme Court justice is also involved. This judge doesn't have the personal integrity or intellect to resign.

by Anonymousreply 46January 30, 2021 5:00 PM

R43 - but it would be a massive blow if the blue Floridians decided to shop somewhere else - if they can find another store.

Actually, that's what's needed to bring in some competition and other stores. Publix needs to go down - not just for the insurrection, but for their bland, unjustified stranglehold on Florida.

by Anonymousreply 47January 30, 2021 5:02 PM

Old bitch. I bet she fantasizes about BBC because it’s the only thing that gets her rusty dried out motor running.

I hope all of blur Florida boycotts Publix. Let the fat waddling Slurpee swilling Magats support her pos store, which is about as average a grocery store as you can get.

by Anonymousreply 48January 30, 2021 5:07 PM

R47 - let's see if they do it. I wouldn't be mad.

by Anonymousreply 49January 30, 2021 5:16 PM

[QUOTE] Actually, that's what's needed to bring in some competition and other stores. Publix needs to go down - not just for the insurrection, but for their bland, unjustified stranglehold on Florida.

Wegmans is making their way down there. They’ve only gotten as far as North Carolina, however, with several more stores opening there later this year. Might take a decade before they hit Florida.

by Anonymousreply 50January 30, 2021 5:52 PM

We need something like Wegman's or Central Market in California.

by Anonymousreply 51January 30, 2021 7:13 PM

I live in S. Florida. I won’t be going back to Publix.

by Anonymousreply 52January 30, 2021 7:29 PM

Publix & Walmart are all they’ve got.

by Anonymousreply 53January 30, 2021 7:38 PM

R50 - there are only 100 Wegmans. There are over 1200 Publix.

by Anonymousreply 54January 30, 2021 7:44 PM

I'm in Brevard county.. R2, .our WDs are very nice

by Anonymousreply 55January 30, 2021 10:24 PM

R17 we just got Wawa about 5 yr ago here in Fl...I swear they open them next to lunatic asylums...all the customers are nuts

by Anonymousreply 56January 30, 2021 10:26 PM

She was simply protecting her rich people tax cuts.

by Anonymousreply 57January 30, 2021 10:30 PM

What drives these people? Is is money or some religious crap?

Fucked up people.

by Anonymousreply 58January 30, 2021 10:39 PM

Zero consequences for her, right?

Of course.

by Anonymousreply 59January 30, 2021 10:54 PM

I thought of Michael Cera with makeup when I saw the photo. And I haven’t even started drinking yet.

by Anonymousreply 60January 30, 2021 11:18 PM

[quote]Floridians have this weird obsession with Publix, only because they have such a huge market share in Florida. It's not really that great - and not better than other supermarket chains around the US.

The store number in my hometown in the county where Publix was founded before the remodel was either #5 or #6 in the chain. For decades Publix was the gold standard in shopping experiences for Floridians. Many of them had these amazing tile murals unique to each store front. Family owned, the employees bought stock and many were able to retire comfortably on it. Mr. Jenkins would come around to his stores and make sure the customers and employees were happy.

Much different than it is now. Kind of like when WalMart bought only American till Mr. Walton died.

by Anonymousreply 61January 30, 2021 11:30 PM

For those who have been to both, how does Publix compare to Wegmans?

Maybe Danny could be enticed to build a few stores in Florida, then work his way up the coast. I bet there are enough snowbirds down there who would be ecstatic to see a southern Wegmans.

I used to mock the devoted Wegmans fans, but now when I think of relocating I honestly t say "What about Wegmans? Where will I shop?"

by Anonymousreply 62January 31, 2021 12:16 AM

Oh for fuck sakes they are grocery stores. Nothing new or innovative. Wegman's is nothing special well unless you want to spend $10 a pound for the salad bar. Their selection is 75% their brand.

by Anonymousreply 63January 31, 2021 12:21 AM

[quote]You can get one there (provided you meet the current requirements) but only in red counties.

How very Kushner of them. What disgusting people. Dreadfully inhumane.

by Anonymousreply 64January 31, 2021 12:29 AM

Winn Dixie's are the other major change. Growing up in southern Florida, our family use this stop at the A&P, which was bought by Piggly Wiggly, which then closed. We're migrated to Winn Dixie, as Publix was upper class, at least to our lower middle class family. So, boycott Publix, shop at Winn Dixie. I've not heard any controversy about Winn Dixie.

by Anonymousreply 65January 31, 2021 1:06 AM

R65 Winn Dixie fucks their employees over any way they can . I had 2 uncles that worked for them for many years. They also were busted years ago for retagging their meat after it expired and reselling it. They went way downhill before they were bought out . I grew up using A&P and Pantry Pride,then Winn Dixie for many years until they got so terrible. We go to Publix because its about all thats left to us.I refuse to ever set foot in a Walmart Or Target to buy groceries again. Im not overly fond of Aldis either. I hate that I have to boycott Publix now,that means I have to drive further for groceries.

by Anonymousreply 66January 31, 2021 1:18 AM

As punishment, Julie has agreed to change the name from Publix to Pubics.

by Anonymousreply 67January 31, 2021 1:25 AM

Sigh. I guess this means I must shop at the Dirty Dixie. Fuck

by Anonymousreply 68January 31, 2021 1:55 AM

I heard Publix now owns Winn Dixie

by Anonymousreply 69January 31, 2021 2:14 AM

Looks like they're all owned by the same company

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 31, 2021 2:17 AM

R69 r70--no, they're not.

Southeastern Grocers is the parent of WINN-DIXIE, not those other chains.

by Anonymousreply 71January 31, 2021 2:31 AM

Before we boycott, can someone confirm that cunt heiress is something other than a shareholder? Does she sit on the board, make decisions, influence the culture, etc? Boycotts hurt the folks at the bottom -- the essential workers who are placing themselves in peril and working their asses off to feed their families during this pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 72January 31, 2021 2:44 AM

^^ She's a major stock holder which means her wealth is directly tied to Publix's profits. Also being a member of the original founding family she is also somewhat of a corporate face of Publix. Beside all that Publix donated a $100K to DeathSantis' campaign assuring their exclusive right to distribute the Covid vaccine. What else do you need

by Anonymousreply 73January 31, 2021 3:00 AM

As of today Publix is not the only place to get a COVID shot in Florida.

The Florida Department of Health is also giving shots in my county starting on 2.1.2021.

OP needs to get his facts straight.

In the mean time STFU !!

by Anonymousreply 74January 31, 2021 3:06 AM

[quote] ^^ She's a major stock holder which means her wealth is directly tied to Publix's profits. Also being a member of the original founding family she is also somewhat of a corporate face of Publix. Beside all that Publix donated a $100K to DeathSantis' campaign assuring their exclusive right to distribute the Covid vaccine. What else do you need

An exit strategy for those who would be DIRECTLY and IMMEDIATELY impacted by a boycott. The cunt is a billionaire, a boycott doesn't hurt her.

by Anonymousreply 75January 31, 2021 3:53 AM

My god - there are sooo many articles about this now. And Publix is busy saying - we don't know this bitch! She has no power and doesn't work here.

TOO LATE!

I want Publix GONE - or at least to sell off half their stores to a chain with a better experience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 31, 2021 5:37 AM

I was told by a British friend that Tesco seriously considered expanding into Florida in the early 2000s... pre-Aldi, and before Walmart & Target were viable grocery stores. Unfortunately, they missed their window of opportunity to become Florida's second nice grocery store.

Tesco is huge & mighty in Britain, and was one of the few companies that *could* have built out a viable statewide distribution & logistics network to take on Publix (possibly even OUTDOING Publix)... but not even Tesco is insane enough to mount a full frontal assault on Walmart, let alone Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 77January 31, 2021 7:01 AM

Tesco spent a billion starting the Fresh & Easy chain in California which quickly imploded and sent them packing back to England in shame. They won’t visiting these shores again.

Publix is the nearest and nicest store to me. Very disappointing to hear this about this heinous heiress and the company’s donations to the portly governor Ron. Lots of companies donate equally to both parties though, so I’d look to see who else they gave money to.

by Anonymousreply 78January 31, 2021 7:25 AM

Gross. Who wants to go shopping where everybody has Covid and crowded in lines and I’m sorry but vaccines and food don’t mix.

by Anonymousreply 79January 31, 2021 7:25 AM

Publix is deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 80January 31, 2021 7:26 AM

Another disgusting Italian deplorable. They’re a dime a dozen. Glad I have never spent a penny at one of their stores or even stepped foot in one.

by Anonymousreply 81January 31, 2021 7:29 AM

Julie Fancelli sure is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 82January 31, 2021 7:40 AM

She's a Jenkins deplorable who married an Italian.

Her sister was diagnosed with Alzheimer's at 59. How old is Julie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 31, 2021 7:42 AM

Also, Publix is one of the few companies that has been shady about releasing a statement following the insurrection.

Judd Legum (who has been keenly looking at corporate ties to those involved in the insurrection) states that Publix has refused to answer him (and his only other employee) unlike a large number of companies who made statements about dropping support for those who don’t support democracy.

The whole Publix affair seems shady on several levels:

Donations to the Capitol Insurrection event via its heiress

Refusal to come clean about its extensive support of those Congress folks in the Capitol who refused to acknowledge a peaceful transfer of power via their votes

Publix support of Ron DeSantis and his (illegal?) pay-for-play contract to give Covid vaccines (in grocery stores, no less...ick!) to administer in “red counties”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 31, 2021 7:59 AM

Looks like r74 needs to STFU, but he won't, stupid Floridamen rarely do

by Anonymousreply 85January 31, 2021 10:09 AM

As a native Floridian who use to shop at Publix when I lived in Florida this is very disappointing news to hear. Now that I'm in Texas I hope HEB hasn't done something similar.

by Anonymousreply 86January 31, 2021 3:22 PM

Her house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 31, 2021 3:45 PM

^^^ Burn it to the ground.

by Anonymousreply 88January 31, 2021 3:49 PM

These mediocre arrogant people like this heiress think they’re better and smarter than the masses because they’ve got billions of dollars. In reality they’re neither, they were just lucky they slid out of a rich woman’s vagina.

by Anonymousreply 89January 31, 2021 3:55 PM

I hope the Feds throw the book at her for conspiracy and she does a highly visible perp walk.

by Anonymousreply 90January 31, 2021 4:36 PM

Boycotts are easy when it's something shitty like Jimmy Johns or MyPillow. This one's going to be much harder.

Winn Dixie can't possibly be the progressive option. Amazon/Whole Paycheck? Ugh. Sedanos are Batista-era stooges. The creepy Albrecht family rules out Aldi/Trader Joes. Looks like it's CostCo and Target.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 31, 2021 4:48 PM

She's a rich, white, republican Christian woman from Florida, absolutely nothing will happen to her, Publix might not be so lucky

by Anonymousreply 92January 31, 2021 4:59 PM

R26, I have never heard of arrugala myself. Did you mispronounce it the way you misspelled it?

by Anonymousreply 93January 31, 2021 5:01 PM

Tesco's huge mistakes in the US:

1. Starting with California instead of Florida.

California is a state the size of a large(ish) country with ~2/3 the population of Britain, while Florida is more like "the population of Scotland, in an area the size of England". But Florida has closer social ties to Britain. In California, the British are just another small white immigrant group. In Florida, they're #5 or 6 (behind only New York, Ohio, Michigan, and Canada), and in coastal cities generally OUTNUMBER second+ generation native Floridians. So, even without advertising, upwards of 5% of South Florida's population would have known who they were (as "Tesco", not "Fresh & Easy") from day one & given them INSTANT bootstrap market share by simply being an equally-good alternative to Publix.

2. Trying to reinvent American grocery shopping, instead of replicating the already-proven & successful business model of Publix, then improving upon it in creative ways.

Americans buy shit by the pallet from grocery stores the size of a small British mall, haul it home in a SUV, and put it in pantries the size of a British living room or one of 2 large refrigerators and/or a chest freezer. We don't shop daily & buy food in small packages to ensure everything fits into one or two small shopping bags. We expect stores to sell 12 brands & 100+ flavors of salad dressing in multiple sizes per brand/flavor, ranging from "single serving" to "church picnic" sizes.

3. They thought Americans give a shit about things like stores being "green", or "zero emissions". We don't. It might be a feel-good tie-breaker for shoppers who sort of care, but mostly it's viewed as a negative (like, if a store charges for bags in the name of "being green", our reaction is, "motherfucking assholes using it as an excuse to charge extra for something". Aldi gets away with it mostly by making it easy for customers to grab free empty cardboard cartons to use by positioning bins of them by the exit.

4. They tried to literally invent a new brand & shopping experience, and fell head-first into the "uncanny valley". Their US stores were unlike organically-evolved grocery stores in the US *or* Britain, and felt like a creepy movie set in a dystopian British made-for-TV series based on "V for Vendetta" set in Celebration, Florida.

Trader Joe's sort of gets away with it... but TJ isn't a "real" all-encompassing grocery store the way Publix is. It's where you go every few months to buy novelty foods, before remembering that their weird portion sizes are too big for one, but WAY too small for two.

The main downside of Publix (esp. pre-2010) was its pervasive dominance of everything here. They always had 98% of what you wanted, but if they decided to not carry some brand or flavor, you pretty much had to forget it existed, because you WOULDN'T be buying it anywhere in Florida (well, unless it was a Cuban food, in which case Sedano's had it... but anything else, you were SOL).

by Anonymousreply 94January 31, 2021 5:56 PM

[quote]The main downside of Publix (esp. pre-2010) was its pervasive dominance of everything here. They always had 98% of what you wanted, but if they decided to not carry some brand or flavor, you pretty much had to forget it existed, because you WOULDN'T be buying it anywhere in Florida (well, unless it was a Cuban food, in which case Sedano's had it... but anything else, you were SOL).

Really? In the old days if they didn't carry it, they would order how ever much you wanted.

by Anonymousreply 95January 31, 2021 8:33 PM

Publix seditinists. She funded the riot.

Boycott

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96February 1, 2021 1:19 PM

^seditionists

oops

by Anonymousreply 97February 1, 2021 1:23 PM

The latest reason I’m thankful I no longer live in Florida...I’d have nowhere to grocery shop.

by Anonymousreply 98February 1, 2021 1:23 PM

Funding Trump, his riot, and DeSantis, is not the way to go, Publix.

by Anonymousreply 99February 1, 2021 1:25 PM

Love their chicken salad. Tastes like insurrection!

by Anonymousreply 100February 1, 2021 1:26 PM

Julie Fancelli is a spoiled brat that is using money earned by daddy, George Jenkins. What she does reflects on Julie not Publix!!!

My husband worked for Publix as a part time wine expert in an upscale Florida neighborhood for fun. He was impressed with their hiring policies and general benevolent treatment of employees. They even hired developmentally challenged people and put them to work in areas that were useful for the employee and company.

From the start up of Publix, George Jenkin's policy was that every employee owns stock in the company. The Jenkins family now owns less than 17 percent of Publix. The rest belongs to the employees.

My husband quit Publix long ago as we are both retired, but still gets a quarterly earnings check because he owns Publix stock.

DL people that are associating Publix with Julie Fancelli need to research who and what she really is. Leave Publix alone!!!

by Anonymousreply 101February 1, 2021 2:10 PM

Would the grocery heir enjoy her associated stores being vandalized & looted by troublemakers and thieves, and people injured and murdered in the process? That was done to the U.S. Capitol.

by Anonymousreply 102February 1, 2021 2:26 PM

R102, like I said. Julie owns a minor portion of Publix. She already has the money. Her daddy already earned it for her. You can't take the money away from her by screwing up one or more Publix stores. AND she doesn't need any more money from Publix.

The bulk of Publix is owned by the Publix employees. Vandalizing stores will hurt the employees way more than Julie.

[quote] Forbes ranks the Jenkins family as one of the richest in America. As of 2020, it had a net worth of $8.8 billion, according to Forbes.

by Anonymousreply 103February 1, 2021 2:40 PM

How many times has this woman been at Mar-a-Lago events?

Orange Con grabbed a lot.

by Anonymousreply 104February 1, 2021 2:50 PM

Send her the bill!

by Anonymousreply 105February 1, 2021 2:52 PM

R102, Publix issues are not JUST about the heiress, Julie.

As noted above Publix has donated to many of the Republicans who did not support democracy.

Publix also has shady connections with Ron DeSantis and his tit for tat Covid vaccine rollout in Florida.

The Julie issue is not the main one here.

It is the Publix CORPORATION that appears compromised.

by Anonymousreply 106February 1, 2021 2:53 PM

We may be a million short thanks to that teenager in GA but ha ha!

by Anonymousreply 107February 1, 2021 2:54 PM

^^R101 and R103

by Anonymousreply 108February 1, 2021 2:55 PM

[quote] It is the Publix CORPORATION that appears compromised.

Bullshit.

Move your focus to Mar A Lago. That is where the source of evil done on January 6th presently resides.

by Anonymousreply 109February 1, 2021 3:01 PM

They pay those developmentally disabled people minimum wage and get huge tax breaks for doing it. I'm lucky, I have a sprouts, Costco, Lidle, Aldi, an Asian market, Kroger and locally owned natural food stores as well as whole foods. Publix is closest but never again.

by Anonymousreply 110February 1, 2021 3:06 PM

On little, upscale Amelia Island Florida Harris Teeter came in over 20 years ago locating on the most affluent south end of the island. It took about 40% of Publix's business. Publix has been very lax about mask enforcement, but is better than Winn Dixie (a dump), so Harris Teeter is probably doing ever better now.

by Anonymousreply 111February 1, 2021 3:09 PM

[quote] Bullshit. Move your focus to Mar A Lago. That is where the source of evil done on January 6th presently resides.

We do, R109. Trump AND his supporters of Reich Wing Trumpism.

Which includes the Publix CORPORATION.

by Anonymousreply 112February 1, 2021 3:15 PM

IN NE GA, Publix and Kroger dominate the grocery market. I realized back in '08, when the economy tanked, that Kroger is consistently 20 percent less expensive than Publix. The Publix stores are more pleasant to be in (wider aisles and more competently managed), but the price difference cured me of buying from Publix for good, once I noticed it.

by Anonymousreply 113February 1, 2021 3:17 PM

I love their Cuban sandwiches.

by Anonymousreply 114February 1, 2021 3:19 PM

Publix responds: “I don’t know her.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115February 1, 2021 3:20 PM

I don’t love their seditionist Cuban sandwiches....any longer.

by Anonymousreply 116February 1, 2021 3:21 PM

For R101 / R103 / R109

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117February 1, 2021 3:35 PM

It's important to let companies know that no matter how much they try to dissociate themselves from their terrible founders and shareholders. Yes, Fancelli isn't a part of Publix officially anymore but people need to know that their actions have consequences. If people boycott Publix, it will help other people stop funding causes like Trumpism.

Boycott Publix!

by Anonymousreply 118February 1, 2021 3:39 PM

R22 dammit. I could go for a turkey sub right now!

by Anonymousreply 119February 1, 2021 3:45 PM

This is not looking good for Publix....

(I’m never entering another unless they completely acknowledge and disavow their heinous support of pathological policies.)

by Anonymousreply 120February 1, 2021 4:08 PM

I'm thankful that my regional grocery giant is HEB. The founders grandson and current chairman is a progressive gay man.

by Anonymousreply 121February 1, 2021 4:32 PM

Seems like Publix has now been canceled, according to the drivel served up by The Guardian these days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122February 15, 2021 7:34 PM

[quote] The company was founded on November 26, 1905, when Florence Butt opened the C.C. Butt Grocery Store on the ground floor of her family home in Kerrville, Texas. In 1919, Howard Edward Butt, Florence's youngest son, took over the store upon his return from World War I

[quote] I'm thankful that my regional grocery giant is HEB. The founders grandson and current chairman is a progressive gay man.

Please tell me his name is Harry.

PLEASE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123February 15, 2021 7:52 PM

Our dirty laundry is in Publix.

by Anonymousreply 124February 15, 2021 8:23 PM

Went the extra mile to by pass Pubelix. Tried Winn-Dixe. Lucky I liked the Big 80's.

by Anonymousreply 125February 15, 2021 11:01 PM

Well if you don't mind shopping in the Deep South, Winn-Dixie it is with all its racism and segregationist history.

by Anonymousreply 126February 15, 2021 11:09 PM

R19 Mid-Atlantic here. We feel about Sheetz, the way you feel about WAWA.

by Anonymousreply 127February 16, 2021 12:03 AM

😂 Nobody’s boycotting Publix down there in that hellhole known as Florida. They’ll be fine, but they better not bring their asses up north.

by Anonymousreply 128February 16, 2021 2:41 AM

R128 I'm in the hellhole known as Trumplandia. The Trumpzis now have We Support Publix flags flying from their F150s.

by Anonymousreply 129February 18, 2021 2:41 AM

Publix is the largest employee-owned company in the US. The owners sold out most of the company to the employees. The Jenkins own only 20% of the company.

by Anonymousreply 130February 18, 2021 2:52 AM

^ Publix PR.

by Anonymousreply 131February 18, 2021 3:04 AM

No R131. Have a member of my family who both works for Publix and has stock in Publix.

The Jenkins sold Publix to the employees.

by Anonymousreply 132February 18, 2021 3:07 AM

Good to see that R1 got red tagged. Doesn't happen enough to those MAGA trolls who infest this site.

by Anonymousreply 133February 18, 2021 3:36 AM

Fuck Publix. My friends dad worked at Publix and they forbid him from wearing a mask at work last year during the pandemic. He went on to catch Covid at work and died. Fuck Publix I’m never shopping there again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134February 19, 2021 3:33 AM

Bumping to say Fuck Publix!

by Anonymousreply 135February 19, 2021 5:14 PM

R135 I haven’t been back

by Anonymousreply 136February 20, 2021 10:47 AM

[quote] Publix can't touch Wegmans or many other local chains. It's just not special and the food isn't that good.

Good to know that Wegman's canned and boxed goods are better than THE VERY SAME MANUFACTURER'S PRODUCTS sold at Publix?

If you're talking about the Wegmans deli goods, I've shopped there before and found nothing extraordinary about their offerings.

And besides, there are very few places where you'll even find Wegmans and Publix in the same city. I think Fredericksburg, Va. is probably the only city where both chains operate.

by Anonymousreply 137February 20, 2021 11:01 AM

It's Trumpzi Karen heaven. Pass.

by Anonymousreply 138February 20, 2021 1:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!