Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ella Emhoff (Kamala's step daughter) signs with IMG Models.

Good god, y'all!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 30, 2021 2:33 PM

A week after turning heads at the inauguration in support of her stepmother, Vice President Kamala Harris, Ella Emhoff has landed a lucrative modelingcontract.

The 21-year-old daughter of second gentleman Douglas Emhoff has signed with IMG Models, the top agency confirmed to the New York Times, thanks in part to her head-turning style at the Jan. 21 ceremony. Emhoff was declared a “style icon” after wearing a plaid Miu Miu coat with embellished shoulders, paired with a garnet-hued dress by Batsheva.

“What she wore and who she was that day was in line with the person I met,” Ivan Bart, the president of IMG Models, told the Times of her D.C. look, noting that talks to put her on the IMG books began this summer, long before the election. “That’s why everyone noticed her.”

Bart also added that Emhoff has an authentic appeal. “It’s not really about shape, size or gender any more,” he explained. “Ella communicates this moment in time. There’s a cheekiness and a joy she exudes.”

Versatility also appears to be a strong suit. After sporting bangs and a layered fringe cut in a video backing her “Momala” Harris during the Democratic National Convention in August, Emhoff switched things up on Inauguration Day by going with eyeglasses and curls held in place by a demure headband.

Her Instagram feed, meanwhile, showcases her quirky knitwear designs, colorful tattoos (around 18, by her count) and body hair.

This isn’t Emhoff’s first brush with the fashion industry. She’s currently in her senior year at New York City’s Parsons School of Design — famed one-time home to Project Runway — and is studying fine arts with an emphasis in textiles while designing her own knitwear pieces. She’s also done some minor modeling work in the past. But she told the Times that she’s “pretty surprised” to now be in the modeling big leagues.

“When I was younger, I never saw that as being part of my timeline,” admitted Emhoff, the only daughter of the second gentleman and his ex-wife, Kerstin. She added that she hopes her unique look — citing her “really weird tattoos and kind of a funky haircut” — will “bring a bit of Bushwick into the high-fashion realm” and help be “part of that change” in redefining traditional beauty standards.

“As someone who, like a lot of young girls out there, had self-confidence issues, it is intimidating and scary to go into this world that is hyper-focused on you and the body,” she said. “I pick and choose the times I want to show my style,” she added.

Emhoff also shared that she’s “excited” about the possibility of using her new role to amplify projects and causes close to her heart. But she admits it took a while to convince her famous family to warm to the idea.

“Modeling can be a pretty intense industry — they were a little protective of me,” she explained. She added that they changed their minds “when they saw my interest in it and saw what is changing in that world. I think they’re pretty excited I can be part of that.”

She’ll be in good company. IMG has also signed National Youth Poet Laureate Amanda Gorman, who made her own waves at the Biden-Harris inauguration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 29, 2021 8:18 PM

IMG is THIRSTY, girl.

by Anonymousreply 2January 29, 2021 8:18 PM

What a coincidence !!!!

by Anonymousreply 3January 29, 2021 8:19 PM

They'll sign anyone these days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 29, 2021 8:19 PM

She's gorgeous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 29, 2021 8:20 PM

How much did they contribute to Kamala's campaigns over the years?

by Anonymousreply 6January 29, 2021 8:20 PM

Ack!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 29, 2021 8:21 PM

To be a model these days you need famous parents. That's all you need.

by Anonymousreply 8January 29, 2021 8:23 PM

Wow, she's REALLY unattractive!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 29, 2021 8:24 PM

What is with the fucking PIT HAIR??!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 29, 2021 8:25 PM

Poodle hair with cow tats.

by Anonymousreply 11January 29, 2021 8:31 PM

Oh, I thought it was Timmy "The French Mouse" Chalamet in OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 12January 29, 2021 8:31 PM

It won’t be long before she’s a they/them.

by Anonymousreply 13January 29, 2021 8:34 PM

R2 "turning heads..." Where they turning there heads to vomit and how foul she is?

by Anonymousreply 14January 29, 2021 8:34 PM

I’m curious to see how she cleans up. They must be able to do something with her. I believe in miracles!

by Anonymousreply 15January 29, 2021 8:36 PM

Does Momala allow this?

by Anonymousreply 16January 29, 2021 8:38 PM

[quote] It won’t be long before she’s a they/them.

Believe it, R13.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 29, 2021 8:43 PM

[quote] Does Momala allow this?

I'm Kamala Harris.

And I approve this message.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 29, 2021 8:44 PM

Ella and Amanda Gorman both look like they enjoy eating snatch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 29, 2021 8:51 PM

Momala is much more photogenic with her white Marianne-Faithfull-plays-God-in-Ab-Fab pantsuit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 29, 2021 10:04 PM

Is Ella lesbianic?

by Anonymousreply 21January 29, 2021 11:10 PM

She's Lebbaneeze

by Anonymousreply 22January 29, 2021 11:14 PM

Hunny, Ella was gonna sign with something big with or without Kamala being her step mama or the whole Inauguration thing. Doug Emhoff, the Second Gentleman, was a big time Hollywood Lawyer, an entertainment lawyer and highly regarded and very well connected. Established. Not saying he pulled strings. She probably got it "on her own." But they knew who she was before she ever walked in the door. Hell, she prolly celebrated Hannukah with those families when she was growing up.

by Anonymousreply 23January 29, 2021 11:37 PM

She looks obnoxious and probably smells like b.o.

by Anonymousreply 24January 29, 2021 11:39 PM

R23 You mean she is Jewish?

by Anonymousreply 25January 30, 2021 12:08 AM

She goes to Parsons and all she creates are these ugly knitted items? I think you could learn that at a Joann Fabrics class. In the picture at R9, it seems that she took the Collinwood afghan and turned it into a fug bed jacket.

by Anonymousreply 26January 30, 2021 9:30 AM

Soon to be turning heads and stomachs at a Bed Bath & Beyond near you.

by Anonymousreply 27January 30, 2021 10:08 AM

She’s completely average. Not ugly, not pretty. Not even jolie laide or interesting-looking.

Nepotism sucks.

by Anonymousreply 28January 30, 2021 12:19 PM

At least Amanda Gorman is pretty. Generic, but pretty.

by Anonymousreply 29January 30, 2021 12:20 PM

She’s thin and tall. That’s really all it takes to be a model.

Actually without all the makeup magic, many models are pretty plain looking

by Anonymousreply 30January 30, 2021 12:40 PM

Ella Emhoff. Sounds like an Amish girl from Virginville, Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 31January 30, 2021 2:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!