Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Has anyone checked in on Ann Jillian recently?

I'm concerned...is she ok??

by Anonymousreply 35September 2, 2022 11:53 AM

Well about 10 years ago I passed her on the street. He stepped up onto the curb and was face to face with her. I said Hi (and then felt stupid.) She smiled and nodded.

by Anonymousreply 1January 29, 2021 4:04 AM

Okay, she may be less than wealthy; but then again, she's young and healthy!

by Anonymousreply 2January 29, 2021 4:06 AM

Was playing Mae West her nadir?

by Anonymousreply 3January 29, 2021 4:16 AM

Isn't she a breast cancer survivor from a long time ago, like the 80's?

by Anonymousreply 4January 29, 2021 4:19 AM

Her hair used to fascinate me when I was a kid.

by Anonymousreply 5January 29, 2021 4:19 AM

Yes r4. She got an Emmy nomination for playing herself in a TV movie about it. I remember it being really big news as a kid and kind of shocking that a sex symbol like her got breast cancer.

Wikipedia says she's a motivational speaker now.

by Anonymousreply 6January 29, 2021 4:22 AM

She's fine and sends her love.

by Anonymousreply 7January 29, 2021 4:28 AM

I believe she is known as "Superstar Ann Jillian"!

by Anonymousreply 8January 29, 2021 4:29 AM

Someone should give her a sitcom or mystery series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 29, 2021 4:31 AM

When she was popular in the eighties all I could see was her awful hair. In the last year I’ve watched a lot of It’s A Living reruns and a few of hertz movies from the 80s - she is really beautiful! I don’t know why I didn’t see it before. I remember that she and her cop husband used to be in all of the magazines and talk shows back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 10January 29, 2021 4:32 AM

She’s really still very pretty at r9 for an old lady.

by Anonymousreply 11January 29, 2021 4:39 AM

Hertz - her!! Yes - she IS still very pretty in that photo - her skin and eyes are clear and beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 12January 29, 2021 4:53 AM

She looks like a fat tub of shit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 29, 2021 4:57 AM

She really is a beautiful woman, and I'm in love love! I remember her mostly from Mr. Mom.

by Anonymousreply 14January 29, 2021 4:59 AM

My parents went to see her in the late 80s or early 90s. She was very sweet and flirted with my dad who was in his 80s at the time. I will always love her for that.

by Anonymousreply 15January 29, 2021 5:01 AM

I think she looks great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 29, 2021 5:14 AM

Oh, no, sad last days!

by Anonymousreply 17April 19, 2022 5:10 AM

She was everywhere in the 80s. Always on tv and magazine covers.

by Anonymousreply 18April 19, 2022 5:14 AM

Can't Crystal Bernard or Louise Lasser help her out?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 19, 2022 5:14 AM

Did It's a Living have a catch-phrase?

by Anonymousreply 20April 19, 2022 5:25 AM

For someone who has been in showbiz since childhood, she always seemed to be a nice, normal, non-showbiz type of person.

Judging from the photos on this thread, she still looks good. Glad she finally ditched that platinum pageboy she had for a long time.

Looks like she is still married to that ex-cop from Chicago — must be something like 45-years! Good for them!

by Anonymousreply 21August 31, 2022 3:47 PM

I hear she visits Barry Schofield's grave weekly and does a little "Nyah, nyah, nyah" dance.

by Anonymousreply 22August 31, 2022 3:50 PM

She looks great for 72.

by Anonymousreply 23August 31, 2022 6:05 PM

Foxy lady!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 1, 2022 3:09 AM

Ann Jillian’s career is like the best Tracey Ullman skit ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 1, 2022 3:15 AM

An interview from 2020:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 1, 2022 12:02 PM

Didn’t she become Loni’s cunt double?

by Anonymousreply 27September 1, 2022 12:10 PM

This woman is someone I get Mandela effect about.

Could have sworn she died in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 28September 1, 2022 12:58 PM

Is TV Land still airing original scripted shows? Someone should pitch a comedy starring Ann Jillian and DL icon Joyce DeWitt!

by Anonymousreply 29September 1, 2022 7:55 PM

They could play crime-solving sisters!

by Anonymousreply 30September 1, 2022 7:57 PM

R16 She looks like the usual back-drop of a MAGA rally.

by Anonymousreply 31September 1, 2022 8:00 PM

One of the laziest and most disagreeable celebrities out there.

A healthcare nonprofit in my city contracted with her to be the featured speaker at their annual fundraiser.

Contract terms included doing pre-event media interviews scheduled by the nonprofit in coordination with her manager’s assistant. Several were on the calendar.

Imagine the nonprofit’s surprise when her husband, the man mentioned above, started to verbally berate the nonprofit’s volunteer, but very experienced, rep who was donating their services and booked the interviews. Regarding the contractually obligated morning show interviews, he started screaming at staff “you don’t wake the star! You don’t wake the star! This is ANN JILLIAN!” All of this was followed by threats of coming to this city to physically assault the person on the other end of the phone. Witnesses to the phone call were concerned not only for the volunteer’s safety but for Ms. Jillian’s personal safety, he was that volatile.

The kicker? Ms. Jillian was paid $15,000 to deliver a speech about her life experiences and encourage women to get mammograms. BUT, the speech she was reading from was from an event conducted four years prior, which had her age woven throughout. She would read a sentence with that age mention and say, “guess I should have updated this” or “I’m way older now.” For $15,000 plus airfare, lodging, meals, car service and extras she couldn’t even be bothered to read the speech beforehand or prepare.

The karma? Ms. Jillian and her charming husband had sent 8x10 glossies (converted to digital files for them, which they were shocked at) that they insisted be the ones used in the media and event promotions. The photo — at their direction — was displayed prominently throughout the venue. Imagine her surprise when she walked up to the podium with the CEO, stood next to her, was introduced and received absolutely no welcome applause. Everyone in the room was dead quiet. Bless her heart, the charming woman had gained so much weight she bore absolutely no resemblance to the woman whose picture was plastered around the room. “No really, I’m Ann Jillian,” was what brought people in the room out of their stupor.

It was a delicious moment for everyone who had been dealing with this has-been and her unhinged spouse/manager.

by Anonymousreply 32September 2, 2022 2:42 AM

WOW, R32, that’s sad to hear!

by Anonymousreply 33September 2, 2022 11:36 AM

DL Icons Attend Surreal Lunch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 2, 2022 11:43 AM

She was superb, as Mae West, in that TV movie in 1982 or so.

by Anonymousreply 35September 2, 2022 11:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!