Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

F. Murray Abraham is not a nice person says Meg Tilly

We were right for calling him out all these years for his pompous Oscar presentation to Geraldine Page.

Meg really didn't like him. (and she is pretty considerate of not bad mouthing people usually.)

Sorry I don't remember the exact spot where she talks about him....towards the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 7, 2021 7:08 PM

when filming BONFIRE OF THE VANITIES, his agents demanded above the title billing. The studio refused. He ended up uncredited for a decent sized part.

by Anonymousreply 1January 28, 2021 6:21 AM

All I can say is, F Murray Abraham.

by Anonymousreply 2January 28, 2021 6:25 AM

R1 Considering what a bomb Bonfire was, he was fortunate he didn't get that billing.

by Anonymousreply 3January 28, 2021 6:39 AM

What movie did they appear in together?

by Anonymousreply 4January 28, 2021 7:18 AM

[quote]What movie did they appear in together?

She was due to be in Amadeus but she tore the ligaments in her ankle which required surgery so she was recast.

And the story she tells is that - according to her then husband - F. Murray Abraham told him that Meg and Tom Hulce had an affair. That's why he's "not a nice person".

by Anonymousreply 5January 28, 2021 7:24 AM

There was someone on here who said they worked with F. Murry Abraham and said he was very nice.

by Anonymousreply 6January 28, 2021 7:37 AM

Tom Hulce likes the D

by Anonymousreply 7January 28, 2021 7:39 AM

I've heard Meg Tilly interviewed by George Stromboulopoulos. She sounded life a goof and a flake.

by Anonymousreply 8January 28, 2021 7:40 AM

She looks like shit with that grey.

by Anonymousreply 9January 28, 2021 7:43 AM

She looks fine. At least she hasn't fucked up her face like Madonna or Demi Moore.

by Anonymousreply 10January 28, 2021 7:48 AM

Pretty sure Tom Hulce wasn't munching on Meg's muffin...

by Anonymousreply 11January 28, 2021 7:50 AM

There was something else awful Abraham did in addition to the affair rumor. I forget what it was now. Anyone listen to it?

by Anonymousreply 12January 28, 2021 7:57 AM

R6 I met him in 1998 at a Star Trek event for a themed attraction that was in Las Vegas, and he was actually quite nice. He talked to the fans and never came off as rude or snobbish. Just because Meg and a few other people had a bad experience with the guy doesn’t mean he is a douche.

by Anonymousreply 13January 28, 2021 7:57 AM

Everyone is nice to their fans at a fan event r13. It is sort of the purpose of the thing.

by Anonymousreply 14January 28, 2021 7:59 AM

R14 not true. Jared Leto and Jennifer Lawrence are serious assholes. It’s been well documented.

by Anonymousreply 15January 28, 2021 8:05 AM

Meg Tilly is the poor man's Jennifer Tilly.

by Anonymousreply 16January 28, 2021 8:24 AM

Christian Slater said F. Murray went off on him during the making of THE NAME OF THE ROSE and Christian was still a high school kid at the time.

by Anonymousreply 17January 28, 2021 8:25 AM

R5 ...and Forman recast the part with someone with an equally awful speaking part.

by Anonymousreply 18January 28, 2021 8:27 AM

F Murray gives bad vibes....but who knows....the Tillys aint known for bein....normal.

by Anonymousreply 19January 28, 2021 8:47 AM

No she doesn’t look fine with the grey. Looks like a house frau hippie composter les with a big ass dog, Subaru, fuckin hiking boots.

by Anonymousreply 20January 28, 2021 8:51 AM

[quote] Meg Tilly is the poor man's Jennifer Tilly.

Remember when it used to be the other way around?

by Anonymousreply 21January 28, 2021 9:07 AM

Met F. Murray Abraham at the Broadway Cares Equity Fights AIDS Annual Flea Market. I have "Amadeus" signed by him. He was as pleasant as expected. Not making any excuses, but I wonder if he was indeed in character as many actors are. Salieri is an incredible asshole and he was probably terrified having the part of a lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 22January 28, 2021 9:08 AM

Talk about puttin' on the Ritz!

by Anonymousreply 23January 28, 2021 9:14 AM

Talk about puttin' on the Ritz!

by Anonymousreply 24January 28, 2021 9:14 AM

R17 well, we weren’t there, so we can’t say for certain the tongue-lashing was unwarranted.

Remember, Slates started problem-drinking very early, becomes distracted by cute boys in his line of sight, and has always been known to lapse into lazy impressions over acting with integral attention. Perhaps he wasn’t focusing on work.

by Anonymousreply 25February 3, 2021 12:18 AM

Washed up B list actress says what?

by Anonymousreply 26February 3, 2021 12:21 AM

Thanks OP, but I couldn’t get past the mug cradling.

by Anonymousreply 27February 3, 2021 12:22 AM

I don't get DL's obsession with identifying whether certain famous people are "nice." I heard from my fuck buddy's coke dealer that so and so is SO NICE!!! Or my one of the guys my ex is in a throuple with saw so and so being a dick to a waiter/orgy attendant, can you believe it?! Who the fuck cares? Are you all still scarred from childhood bullies or trashy family members? Nice is so boring and insipid and midwestern. Are they a good actor/writer/whatever? Are they beautiful, brilliant, or remarkable in some other way?

by Anonymousreply 28February 3, 2021 12:31 AM

R28: It's the pointless bitchery. And F Murray is the kind of pretentious but third rate celeb who is perfect for this.

by Anonymousreply 29February 3, 2021 12:46 AM

Meg Tilly once had good momentum to her career going, including an Oscar nomination. Then the Amadeus fiasco damaged her career and she never fully recovered. The actress who replaced her in Amadeus was awful. She was cast because she was small enough to fit into Meg's clothes.

I think Meg looks great for her age, which is 60. She just needs a little makeup.

It's possible Meg's husband wasn't telling the truth about Abraham. Why would he harbor resentment toward Meg for so long without confronting her? They divorced after 6 years of marriage and two daughters.

by Anonymousreply 30February 3, 2021 12:49 AM

Hadn’t thought of or heard of her for a while, but her books are quite popular at my library. She seems like a kooky cat lady, but I found this clip charming. A bit twee, but charming.

by Anonymousreply 31February 3, 2021 12:54 AM

Elizabeth Berridge is the poor man's Meg Tilly.

by Anonymousreply 32February 3, 2021 1:02 AM

In another of her videos I think she also implied that she didn’t enjoy working on Antibirth, because the other actors were not nice. Antibirth starred Chloe sevigny and Natasha Lyonne, I wonder what the issue was.

by Anonymousreply 33February 3, 2021 1:32 AM

I like these this person is nice this person is not nice threads. I was reading for a couple of years on DL Ellen was not nice then it suddenly turns into a public scandal that the queen of nice is a miserable bitch and I can say but DL has been saying it for years! Now with Nathan Lane it will be headline news when he is nice.

by Anonymousreply 34February 3, 2021 1:41 AM

[quote]Elizabeth Berridge is the poor man's Meg Tilly

FU, Elizabeth Berridge was great in that role. No offense to Meg Tilly - I never saw her in anything and she might be a great actress - but Elizabeth was excellent in Amadeus.

by Anonymousreply 35February 3, 2021 2:03 AM

I adore Meg Tilly. Raped for years by her father and very protective of her sisters-she's lucky she isn't more fucked up. She's a little kooky but in the best way. She looks adorable and with some makeup and hair, she could look fantastic. Milos Foreman cast her in Valmont later so, he knew the talent was there.

by Anonymousreply 36February 3, 2021 2:21 AM

I had a friend who taught for years at Brooklyn College with FMurray (they were in different). He sad that the highlight of FMurray’s class was when he would, once a semester, bring in his Oscar and let the students hold it. My friend thought he was a jerk—and worked with people like Ocean Vuong, about whom he had only nice things to say.

by Anonymousreply 37February 3, 2021 2:49 AM

i liked her in Anus of Dog in 1985

by Anonymousreply 38February 3, 2021 3:17 AM

no r30 She recovered from the Amadeus thing (not sure why it was a fiasco just an injury) very nicely bouncing back the next year with her most famous role in Agnes of God and the Oscar nomination.

She worked for a few more years then left to raise her kids and deal with her mental trauma from the years of abuse.

The odd thing about Amadeus casting was how for her replacement he narrowed it down to three women. Rebecca de Mornay, plus Diane Franklin and Elizabeth Berridge the latter two being known only for horror films at the time.

It is a mystery why he didn't call his old leading lady Elizabeth McGovern who in a documentary about the film can be seen in costume doing a reading or an audition for him. She had classical chops and could have been an easy choice to slip in at the last minute.

by Anonymousreply 39February 3, 2021 6:29 AM

F. Murray Abraham is the greatest actor of his generation.

by Anonymousreply 40February 3, 2021 6:59 AM

In English?

by Anonymousreply 41February 3, 2021 7:02 AM

I think McGovern was probably too busy with Once Upon a Time in America to film Amadeus.

by Anonymousreply 42February 3, 2021 7:05 AM

She has no wrinkles. Dark circles, but no wrinkles.

by Anonymousreply 43February 3, 2021 7:12 AM

Tilly famously didn't get along with Anthony Perkins during the making of Psycho II. Perkins could no doubt be a bitch but I always got the impression Tilly was quite full of herself.

by Anonymousreply 44February 3, 2021 7:34 AM

I liked her in Masquerade

by Anonymousreply 45February 3, 2021 7:35 AM

I was thinking the same thing R45! Masquerade is such a great 80’s B movie. I watched it recently and it reminded me how much Doug Savant was wasted on Melrose Place.

by Anonymousreply 46February 3, 2021 7:53 AM

And Rob Lowe wasn't difficult to look at R46

by Anonymousreply 47February 3, 2021 8:17 AM

He definitely was not, R47!

by Anonymousreply 48February 3, 2021 1:47 PM

I never “got” Tilly during her 80s heyday. Whenever I’d see her in films, I’d always think, “Where was Rosanna Arquette? Amanda Plummer? Jodi Thelen?” Still, she seems like a nice person, and it would indeed be heartbreaking to be cast in a plum role in a prestige project like “Amadeus” only to get injured the day before shooting starts.

And Abraham seems like a jerk.

by Anonymousreply 49February 3, 2021 6:14 PM

I love her “tea time with Meg” on YouTube. She is the most lovely person you can imagine... her Hollywood stories are from the heart and so entertaining..

by Anonymousreply 50February 3, 2021 8:43 PM

You mean F Murray Abraham went DOWN ON HIM.

by Anonymousreply 51February 3, 2021 9:14 PM

^ this response is for R17

by Anonymousreply 52February 3, 2021 9:15 PM

It also costarred Kim Cattrall’s breasteses!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53February 4, 2021 1:35 AM

Have any DLers seen “The Girl in a Swing”? Was never heretofore interested in seeing it, but after hearing Tilly discuss it in her “Tea Time” (yes, I’ve checked out a few, thanks, DL!) and reading its Wikipedia entry, it sounds like it might flawed but worth a look!

by Anonymousreply 54February 7, 2021 3:00 PM

Meg Tilly writes novels now. Both regular fiction and romance.

by Anonymousreply 55February 7, 2021 3:19 PM

r50 means Meg's Cozy Tea Time, I went to Tea Time with Meg first and was pretty confused!

by Anonymousreply 56February 7, 2021 3:23 PM

Whoa, I did not know Rebecca de Mornay was up for Amadeus. I mean, it makes sense, since she was a bit of an it girl at the time.

by Anonymousreply 57February 7, 2021 3:36 PM

Interesting video, op. I loved hearing about her experience in the Czech Republic 40 years ago.

Poor country, rich in culture.

But her marital problems had nothing to do with Abraham. Her hubby could have just made that bullshit up to play mind games with her.

by Anonymousreply 58February 7, 2021 3:47 PM

I sat through the entire video. She is charming. She was awesome in Agnes of God, Valmont and The Big Chill. Although It would have been interesting to see Amanda Plummer in “Agnes” since I think she originated the part on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 59February 7, 2021 4:17 PM

I think she looks great. Not trying to look younger, but she's 60 years old and she's leaning into her crunchy artsy hippie lifestyle

by Anonymousreply 60February 7, 2021 4:40 PM

F. Murray Abraham is the greatest living actress ... in the Esperanto language!

by Anonymousreply 61February 7, 2021 7:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!