Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The New York Times Presents: Framing Britney Spears (Official Trailer)

A new special debuts on February 5th on FX Network.

I can’t wait to see this. I love that more and more people are waking up to what is happening to Britney and how wrong this is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42February 6, 2021 1:59 PM

I got me two boys.

by Anonymousreply 1January 21, 2021 8:22 PM

R1 she doesn’t speak like that. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 2January 21, 2021 8:23 PM

Don't think I could name any of her other songs after the first two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 21, 2021 8:34 PM

Everyone knows "Toxic."

by Anonymousreply 4January 21, 2021 8:36 PM

Anyone who doesn’t know BOMT, Oops or Toxic lived under a rock

by Anonymousreply 5January 21, 2021 8:39 PM

Nope. I stopped watching MTV/VH-1 about 25 years ago and mostly listened to FM alternative radio until it went away. I have discovered a lot of stuff I like by listening to a couple of stations on Music Choice on Verizon Fios.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 21, 2021 9:08 PM

Don’t care that much - but I do find it bizarre that she can be put under a decade long control agreement. But the clearly crazy homeless people wandering around threatening violence in their deluded state can’t be constrained at all.

If I were her, I would just not work. She has enough money. Go on strike Britney.

by Anonymousreply 7January 21, 2021 9:15 PM

Hey hey hey... remember when it was just she & Madonna against the music?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 21, 2021 9:41 PM

It's Britney BITCH!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 21, 2021 9:48 PM

[Quote] Go on strike Britney.

What do you mean? Go on strike from doing the same two moves on Instagram Video?

by Anonymousreply 10January 21, 2021 9:50 PM

I’m really praying for her

by Anonymousreply 11January 22, 2021 2:23 AM

An independent guardian or advocate for Brittany should be appointed. Let her have a life instead of being an ATM machine for dad

by Anonymousreply 12January 22, 2021 2:34 AM

R3/R6 here: Just played video for "Toxic" (494 MILLION views!) and I remembered the flight attendant uniforms, but not the song. I didn't hit thumbs up or down.

by Anonymousreply 13January 22, 2021 4:20 AM

Why can't people (ppl) spell her name correctly? It's right there. You know, that line you clicked on in order to reply?

by Anonymousreply 14January 22, 2021 4:30 AM

I was supposed have been immortal!

by Anonymousreply 15January 22, 2021 4:43 AM

I predickteded it y'all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 22, 2021 5:06 AM

by Anonymousreply 17January 22, 2021 5:13 AM

That haircut is very Karen lol

by Anonymousreply 18January 22, 2021 5:24 AM

R18 it’s a wig

by Anonymousreply 19January 22, 2021 9:54 AM

I know I'm the only person here who even notices or cares about r14's "people (ppl)" thing, but I did a Google search and he's been doing it since 2015. Insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 20January 22, 2021 9:58 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 22, 2021 1:43 PM

This documentary is creating headlines all over the world and bringing attention to the issues with this conservatorship like nothing else has. I am so happy. Anyone who thinks that all of this is normal or ok needs to have their own head examined.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 22, 2021 1:45 PM

R20 that makes you a stalker.

by Anonymousreply 23January 22, 2021 1:49 PM

I can’t wait to watch this!!!

by Anonymousreply 24January 26, 2021 11:54 PM

Her ex lawyer speaks out against her father in this Documentary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 30, 2021 2:26 AM

Oh for fuck's sake - monster OP, she's MENTALLY ILL.

Do you seriously not understand that? Do you not know what that means?

She was getting crazier and crazier and self-medicating like mad before her huge public mental breakdowns. We all saw it so don't even pretend it didn't happen. She lost her fucking mind, bit by bit and then - *poof* - it was gone.

Her father stepped up and was a good conservator for a while. Her mother had been absolute rubbish for years, didn't look after Britney or the younger sister who got knocked up by that producer. After some years, I don't know what went on with her dad. I know that she had run through all her fortune by the time she flipped out. He put together a record, tour and Vegas thing to get her back on sound financial footing despite her mental illness. Once she had built some of that back, her performing monkey routine should have stopped forever. The father was painted as some kind of "bad guy" but the mother was trying to get back on the gravy train so I don't know how much is reality and how much is just people going after him for Britney's money.

In my opinion she needs a MEDICAL and PSYCHIATRIC conservators to handle her personal issues and medications. She needs a killer CPA and tax attorney to handle everything else. Keep that fucking white trash family out of it. Keep her exes out of it. Keep her shitty drug friends out of it. Let her live quietly and peacefully, no longer putting on a performance for the public, just living a calm, private life.

by Anonymousreply 26January 30, 2021 2:46 AM

Being MENTALLY ILL does not mean you need to be on a Conservatorship. Jesus Christ.

If that were the case why aren’t you on one? Stupid ass.

by Anonymousreply 27January 30, 2021 2:50 AM

In Britney Spears' case her being severely mentally ill actually does mean that she needs a conservator.

More than one knowledgeable person has told you that conservatorship doesn't require that the person be a vegetable. You refuse to pay attention or take in any accurate, reasonable information.

I think you may be the one who is mentally ill. Is this you, Chris?

by Anonymousreply 28January 30, 2021 3:12 AM

It doesn't help that she's functionally retarded either.

by Anonymousreply 29January 30, 2021 4:09 AM

R28 that’s false.

by Anonymousreply 30January 30, 2021 11:58 AM

It's false that this is you, Chris, or it's false that being placed under a conservatorship doesn't require that the person be a vegetable?

Because if you're not Chris and are, instead, some other lunatic Brit-obsessed person, that's fine.

On the other one, the facts do not support your argument, dear.

by Anonymousreply 31January 31, 2021 4:43 AM

It debuts this Friday

by Anonymousreply 32February 2, 2021 4:56 PM

A preview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 3, 2021 6:55 PM

I have to admit I stopped paying attention to pop music many many years ago, except some power pop and alt rock.

I know all the names and faces but I honestly could not identify ANY song by Britney, Christina Aguilera, any of the hip hop stars, Taylor swift, Kanye west, Bieber, etc.

by Anonymousreply 34February 3, 2021 7:14 PM

It premieres tonight at 10!!!

The Director says some of Britney’s “people” aka her father tried getting this canned

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 5, 2021 1:35 PM

It’s gonna be good.

Make sure to watch. Let’s find out what is really happening

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 5, 2021 6:22 PM

I'm convinced that she was always low iq. She has never not been dim. The real abuse is the fact that she was pushed into the spotlight to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 37February 5, 2021 6:24 PM

She is fine. She is no worse than many others you all love.

by Anonymousreply 38February 5, 2021 6:27 PM

It starts in a few minutes. You can watch it on FX at 10 or on Hulu

by Anonymousreply 39February 6, 2021 1:56 AM

Good. They’re gonna tear Jamie apart.

by Anonymousreply 40February 6, 2021 2:14 AM

She’s mentally ill to the point of barely functioning. She needed a conservator to make sure she wasn’t using illegal substances but taking prescribed meds to keep her illness in check. She also needed the conservator, her father at the time who did a brilliant job, to make sure she wasn’t being robbed six ways til Sunday but the vultures in Hollywood and her baby daddy. She can’t take care of herself let alone two kids. She’s a mess when she’s not in a rigid daily routine. When her dad got ill, he had to step away from the daily monitoring to take care of his health issues and Brit Brit fell apart fairly quickly. Her kids are sadly out of control teens because of their F***ing batshit Mom and childhood like wild animals. Her moms a fame whore who was Kris Jenner Pimp mama Before Kris did it better. She had Britney on stage barely out of diapers, in NYC dancing age 8 (Britney’s said she hated it and wished she was back in TN with the other kids just being a kid) Then the mom began to work on the sister but she wasn’t mentally effected by their forced show biz childhood like Britney was. The girl needs to be off all socials, checked into a facility to assess her medical and therapeutic needs and set back up with her dad (if he’s capable health wise) or a very trusted conservator (sister Jamie Lynn?) who will have Britney’s best interest at heart and keep her in a healthy state of mind. Her declines been evidenced by her baby voice with rapid speech patterns and trashy hair/makeup and Forever 21 wardrobe. Her man is really hot looking but somethings off about this dude, anyone feel it ?

by Anonymousreply 41February 6, 2021 3:17 AM

R41 only that isn’t true

by Anonymousreply 42February 6, 2021 1:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!