Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is the most beautiful region within any country?

Following up on the most beautiful US state thread.

British Columbia is the most beautiful province in Canada, IMO.

Other examples?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 23, 2021 6:07 PM

I disagree, op.

I think that Banff/Lake Louise in Alberta is the most beautiful place in Canada.

It's what I imagine a paradise to look like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 21, 2021 5:41 PM

I love Alberta.

Brokeback Mountain was filmed there, and it has some of the most spectacular scenery in the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 21, 2021 5:43 PM

So much of Canada is gorgeous. I love PEI.

In the U.S., Alaska is similarly gorgeous to Canada. Arkansas has some breathtaking parks. The Finger Lakes in NY are lovely. We are lucky when it comes to natural beauty here though less fortunate with the people you might encounter.

by Anonymousreply 3January 21, 2021 5:50 PM

England - the Cotswolds. Ireland - the northwest. Italy - Tuscany. US - California.

by Anonymousreply 4January 21, 2021 6:13 PM

For me, the Highlands are the most beautiful part of Scotland. Tasmania is the most beautiful part of Australia. The South Island is the most beautiful part of New Zealand, Connemara is the most beautiful part of Ireland, Bavaria is the most beautiful part of Germany. Cornwall is the most beautiful part of England.

by Anonymousreply 5January 21, 2021 6:27 PM

Switzerland: Berner Oberland Italy: Amalfi Coast Austria: Graz France: Var Scotland: Glen Coe England: Lake District Greece: Cyclades

by Anonymousreply 6January 21, 2021 6:32 PM

If could you remove all the people and their domiciles: Appalachia.

France: the Jura.

UK: Coast of South Wales (Pembrokeshire).

by Anonymousreply 7January 21, 2021 6:59 PM

The Highlands in Scotland - Lake District in England

New England - i.e., Vermont, in America, in the late spring and autumn. Friends in Boston have a cottage at Lake Willoughby, and the area was heartbreakingly lovely at those times.

by Anonymousreply 8January 21, 2021 7:09 PM

Ancash, Peru

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 21, 2021 7:09 PM

[quote] Ancash, Peru

Holy shit, r9. That is stunning! Have you been?

by Anonymousreply 10January 21, 2021 7:11 PM

R10, yes! Twice. It really is a stunningly beautiful part of the country with little tourism. Definitely one of the most scenic places I've ever been to.

by Anonymousreply 11January 21, 2021 7:16 PM

Europe and North America have the most beautiful scenery in the world.

Everywhere else looks like shit.

by Anonymousreply 12January 21, 2021 7:18 PM

South Africa: Western Cape (around Franschoek and Stellenbosch).

Staggeringly "gaw-jus."

by Anonymousreply 13January 21, 2021 7:22 PM

Deep Switzerland is indeed beautiful the but the most beautiful region is Lavaux, the terraced vineyards from Lausanne down to Montreux on the shores of Lake Leman (Lake Geneva). Lugano district, 2nd place. So gentle, peaceful, mild, and elegant.

by Anonymousreply 14January 21, 2021 7:30 PM

Osorno in Chile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 21, 2021 7:37 PM

Azores Portugal

by Anonymousreply 16January 21, 2021 9:51 PM

Guilin is considered (by Chinese) the most beautiful place in China

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 21, 2021 9:56 PM

I find the Yellow Mountains in Anhui (China) quite beautiful as well

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 21, 2021 9:58 PM

R13, watching "My Octopus Teacher" convinced me I need to visit South Africa at some point.

by Anonymousreply 19January 23, 2021 5:36 PM

The Western Isles are the most beautiful part of Scotland, and the whole Uk, I think. Mountains, stunning white beaches, and the further west you go, the greater the sense of freedom and isolation, as fewer tourists get there. Head to Mull, Iona, Islay or Barra in April, May or September and you have a chance of the best of Scotland’s unpredictable weather, and beaches all to yourself.

by Anonymousreply 20January 23, 2021 6:01 PM

Plitvice Lake Region in Croatia:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 23, 2021 6:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!