Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why is Joe Biden's middle name "Robinette"?

I know it's originally his father's middle name (since the new president is Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr.), but it's such a weird name.

Kamala Harris's middle name is "Devi," which means "goddess" in Sanskrit--very fitting!

by Anonymousreply 34January 22, 2021 10:31 PM

Ringdove and robinet,

Is it for wages,

Singing to be sold?

Have you decided it's

Safer in cages,

Singing when you're told?

by Anonymousreply 1January 21, 2021 12:48 AM

Sad that prime time is over.

by Anonymousreply 2January 21, 2021 12:49 AM

Why is your middle name Fuckmuzzle, OP?

by Anonymousreply 3January 21, 2021 12:51 AM

Raisinette?

by Anonymousreply 4January 21, 2021 12:52 AM

Robinette is a last name, in my experience - I used to know someone whose last name it was. Maybe it was the maiden name of someone who married into the Biden family.

by Anonymousreply 5January 21, 2021 12:52 AM

It turns out the name is Biden’s grandmother’s maiden name and has French origins, he explained in a C-SPAN clip in the early 2000s, New York Magazine reported.

“It’s my grandmother Biden’s maiden name. It’s French. And it goes back a long, long way,” Biden said.

“Allegedly the Robinettes came over with Lafayette and never went home. I don’t know that. We can’t guarantee that.”

by Anonymousreply 6January 21, 2021 12:54 AM

I want to form a band called Robin and the Robinettes.

by Anonymousreply 7January 21, 2021 2:47 AM

I have a first-middle-last name combo that is so common I get emails that are for the other guy. My email is my full name with a . in between names. The other guy must be using fewer .

by Anonymousreply 8January 22, 2021 5:39 AM

Robinet (last syllable pronounced "ay") is French for faucet. Maybe Joe's ancestors were plumbers.

by Anonymousreply 9January 22, 2021 5:48 AM

Yes, r9. In French, robinette means lady spigot.

by Anonymousreply 10January 22, 2021 5:51 AM

Here’s another question. Why is Kamala so estranged from her black father. He’s an accomplished economist who lives in Jamaica but no mention of him at all. The whole family shows up at the inaugural but no dad. .Why is the estrangement complete? And not one mention of this by any media.

Also what is Kampala’s religion? is she Christian or Hindu or nothing?

by Anonymousreply 11January 22, 2021 6:13 AM

Kamala has a very ethnic name. Good for her!

by Anonymousreply 12January 22, 2021 6:18 AM

R11 I read that he abandoned the girls and never saw them as kids. He says it was a vicious custody battle and not his fault. There is one picture of them together and he attended her graduation although she says she was scared to ask because she thought her mom wouldn't go if he did. He wasn't at her wedding. She says she's Christian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 22, 2021 6:26 AM

I like that she kept her name and it wasn't an issue at all in the campaign or since. The times are changing.

by Anonymousreply 14January 22, 2021 6:27 AM

I figured there was an issue because of a bad divorce. But her mother died years ago and I’m surprised the bitterness is so bad he wasn’t invited to the inaugural. He’s a distinguished economist not a loser who would embarrass her.

by Anonymousreply 15January 22, 2021 6:39 AM

My real middle name is Aquanet and I'm still your president

by Anonymousreply 16January 22, 2021 8:32 AM

I think it's a beautiful name!

by Anonymousreply 17January 22, 2021 8:39 AM

Why are some of you so surprised Kamala doesn’t have a relationship with her father? It isn’t unusual for an adult child to be estranged from one or both parents. It is unfortunate, but it seems that MVP has her reasons for maintaining the distance.

by Anonymousreply 18January 22, 2021 8:52 AM

[quote] I want to form a band called Robin and the Robinettes.

I may be interested in joining. Is musical talent a prerequisite or can we Milli Vanilli it?

by Anonymousreply 19January 22, 2021 9:02 AM

Kamala's father specifically "disassociated" himself from her back in 2019 after she made a joke on a podcast about being a pot-smoking Jamaican. He called her a 'travesty" and said all her ancestors were ashamed of her.

Even if she had bothered to invite him, he probably wouldn't have gone. He sounds like a real bastard.

by Anonymousreply 20January 22, 2021 9:07 AM

R20 Ouch, I had read a quick blurb about him writing an op-Ed but didn’t know it said that.

by Anonymousreply 21January 22, 2021 9:15 AM

The elder Harris sent an unsolicited statement to Kingston-based Jamaica Global Online, for which the emeritus professor of economics at Stanford University wrote a recent essay on his family’s history.

“My dear departed grandmothers (whose extraordinary legacy I described in a recent essay on this website), as well as my deceased parents, must be turning in their grave right now to see their family’s name, reputation and proud Jamaican identity being connected, in any way, jokingly or not with the fraudulent stereotype of a pot-smoking joy seeker and in the pursuit of identity politics,” he wrote.

“Speaking for myself and my immediate Jamaican family, we wish to categorically dissociate ourselves from this travesty,” he added.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 22, 2021 9:42 AM

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 23January 22, 2021 9:47 AM

No one remembers Paul Robinette from "Law and Order?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 22, 2021 12:55 PM

R11 - No dad? Sounds like a plan to me.

by Anonymousreply 25January 22, 2021 5:39 PM

Batman & the Robinettes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 22, 2021 8:17 PM

I used one of the letters T to make the name President from all the letters in his name.

by Anonymousreply 27January 22, 2021 8:54 PM

Kamala’s dad sounds like a duck.

by Anonymousreply 28January 22, 2021 9:12 PM

Er, dick. I’m

by Anonymousreply 29January 22, 2021 9:12 PM

My middle name is “Will suck 4 $20”... what’s the problem?

by Anonymousreply 30January 22, 2021 9:28 PM

Goobers! Robinettes!

Chocolate flavored treats!

Robinettes and Goobers!

Mighty good to eat!

by Anonymousreply 31January 22, 2021 9:35 PM

I think it's cool when people have a "family surname" as a middle name.

My college roommate had the the middle name "Stevenson" which was her mother's maiden name.

by Anonymousreply 32January 22, 2021 9:46 PM

Granny's maiden name?

by Anonymousreply 33January 22, 2021 10:28 PM

Robinette's Apple Haus & Winery:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 22, 2021 10:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!