Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Keanue Reeves at 56

shirtless at the beach in Malibu. Looking so hot at 56 😍😍🤩

Hello daddy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134April 18, 2021 2:12 PM

No gut to speak of, which is nice because it's unusual at that age, but he could use a few hours of week in the gym.

Also apparently in need of a merkin.

by Anonymousreply 1January 6, 2021 5:48 PM

What merkin?

by Anonymousreply 2January 6, 2021 5:49 PM

I have never really found him that attractive but I have to admit that he looks fantastic, especially given his age. I think it is because he's some sort of Asian. They stay thin and don't age as badly as white people.

by Anonymousreply 3January 6, 2021 6:00 PM

Just because he does martial arts movies doesn't mean he's Asian

by Anonymousreply 4January 6, 2021 6:02 PM

He’s only 15% Asian for fck sake. He’s not Asian

by Anonymousreply 5January 6, 2021 6:03 PM

He's one of the best actors of the 21st century...

by Anonymousreply 6January 6, 2021 6:05 PM

Thank God he cut that hideous long hair he's been sporting for a while.

by Anonymousreply 7January 6, 2021 6:16 PM

56 and fit, yet still not emotionally secure enough in his own masculinity to not be wearing those horrible and impractical board shorts.

by Anonymousreply 8January 6, 2021 6:17 PM

Normal board shorts. What's horrible or impractical about them? Let me guess. He should have been wearing those g-strings/thongs that most gay dudes wear on beaches or by the pool?

by Anonymousreply 9January 6, 2021 6:21 PM

Damn, looking very good indeed. If he lost the beard he'd be perfect. I didnt mind the long hair it looks good on him

by Anonymousreply 10January 6, 2021 7:03 PM

I would say emotionally secure enough to not be concerned about what some bitter old Mary on DL thinks about board shorts.

by Anonymousreply 11January 6, 2021 7:09 PM

Sorry, no. There is no planet in the universe where this is a good look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 6, 2021 8:10 PM

I honestly think unless you have really crappy genes if you work out moderately and eat right and get enough sleep you can look good into your 50s and even 60s

by Anonymousreply 13January 6, 2021 9:22 PM

He looks really good with short hair. Look very young

by Anonymousreply 14January 6, 2021 11:34 PM

Love me some Keanu

by Anonymousreply 15January 6, 2021 11:45 PM

[quote] No gut to speak of

He was actually quite heavy at one point, so I'm wondering not only how he lost the weight, but how he doesn't have sagging skin either?

Has to be some kind of cosmetic surgery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 6, 2021 11:45 PM

He also seems to have had a receding hairline, so it looks like he took care of that, as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 6, 2021 11:46 PM

If we had the money we all would get tweaked a little. As a fat whore myself I’d love to get lipo!

by Anonymousreply 18January 6, 2021 11:52 PM

Keanu lost his jawline at one point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 6, 2021 11:54 PM

R1 he should be in decent shape since filming Matrix 4.

by Anonymousreply 20January 7, 2021 5:11 AM

[quote]r9 Normal board shorts. What's horrible or impractical about them?

Too much fabric. What's the point with all that fabric when you're on the beach and it's hot? There is no point. It's just immaturity.

by Anonymousreply 21January 7, 2021 5:14 AM

Lost some of the fat from last year, but still a bit pudgy around middle.

Mind you this is what a nearly 60 year old man's body looks like given KR's genes and lifestyle. Apparently he does take good care of himself and watches what he eats.... but isn't a gym rat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 7, 2021 6:26 AM

Fat fuck OP needs to get his name right!

by Anonymousreply 23January 7, 2021 6:30 AM

Doesn’t he fart all the time? Gross.

by Anonymousreply 24January 7, 2021 8:16 AM

Cover it up!

by Anonymousreply 25January 7, 2021 8:19 AM

R21 Too much fabric? Not everyone goes to the beach to catch a tan

by Anonymousreply 26January 7, 2021 9:04 AM

[quote] but how he doesn't have sagging skin either?

He was never large enough to be left with sagging skin from losing weight.

by Anonymousreply 27January 7, 2021 9:16 AM

He's still got it. Has to be more than 15% Asian.

by Anonymousreply 28January 7, 2021 9:17 AM

As long as he keeps the hair short and doesn't grow his beard he looks fabulous. Face it, he can not grow a decent bear. The hair on his face is just to sparse and he has spots that apparently don't grow hair at all. I have to assume that beard he's sporting in that image from a film set is a face wig. Ain't no damn way he grew that.

by Anonymousreply 29January 7, 2021 9:20 AM

Where is he in those photos? Behind that scrawny, pale street person?!?

by Anonymousreply 30January 7, 2021 9:20 AM

R21, you may disagree with the style, but you are the one coming off as immature. You have no idea the comfort level of the shorts he is wearing. I am about his age but actually in better shape than he is at OP. I like roomy commando when horsing around on the beach. Nude is good too. But binding and allowing and trapping sand in is not my preference.

by Anonymousreply 31January 7, 2021 9:34 AM

Some chick said that she was giving him a blowjob and he ripped a long fart while she was ‘down there’. She was grossed out.

by Anonymousreply 32January 7, 2021 9:43 AM

^^amateur

by Anonymousreply 33January 7, 2021 9:52 AM

His mother is English, originating from Essex. His father is from Hawaii, and is of Native Hawaiian, Chinese, English, Irish and Portuguese descent.

by Anonymousreply 34January 7, 2021 10:48 AM

He's been fat in the past.

by Anonymousreply 35January 7, 2021 10:53 AM

He was really bloated several years ago. Good for him!

by Anonymousreply 36January 7, 2021 11:06 AM

He was fat a few years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 7, 2021 11:06 AM

He seems to have slimmed down. Good for him. Do you guys think he dyes his hair?

by Anonymousreply 38January 7, 2021 11:08 AM

He's the greatest actor of his genertion, according to the New York Times.

by Anonymousreply 39January 7, 2021 11:10 AM

[quote]His mother is English, originating from Essex. His father is from Hawaii, and is of Native Hawaiian, Chinese, English, Irish and Portuguese descent.

His parents and grandparents on his father's side.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 7, 2021 11:16 AM

[quote]Do you guys think he dyes his hair?

Definitely. There used to be a thread here about male celebrities' relationship with the dye. Good idea for a new thread.

by Anonymousreply 41January 7, 2021 12:22 PM

He needs to dump his girlfriend and get a cute 30-something boytoy. I was thinking he looked awful with the long hair and scraggly beard.

He needs to hit the weights though and do squats. Then he'd be perfect.

by Anonymousreply 42January 7, 2021 12:40 PM

If he were European (especially Italian), he'd have been in a speedo. I hate those fucking board short. They're so stupid looking. They reek of immaturity and fright. But these must be the times we are living in.

by Anonymousreply 43January 7, 2021 4:41 PM

R43 That's bs. We don't wear speedos here in Europe. Especially not the younger people. And those that do wear them are laugh at. Almost everyone wears board shorts.

by Anonymousreply 44January 7, 2021 5:08 PM

Bwah ha ha ha!

The speedo grandqueen is also a trumpy. How appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 45January 7, 2021 5:13 PM

Tough crowd.. I'm glad people commenting don't post their own pictures. I think he looks very nice. I'd let him fuck me and I would buy dinner.

by Anonymousreply 46January 7, 2021 5:15 PM

[quote]r44 Especially not the younger people.

But Keanu Reeves is 56.

by Anonymousreply 47January 7, 2021 5:16 PM

He is the cutest aging actor in Hollywood. He never lost his sweetness and laidback charm. He was beautiful when younger and can tap into that beauty in films like John Wick.

by Anonymousreply 48January 7, 2021 5:18 PM

Tom Cruise, Ryan Philippe, Will Smith and Matt Dillon are other middle-aged guys who aged well. Denzel is elderly now and still looks good.

by Anonymousreply 49January 7, 2021 5:23 PM

[quote]No gut to speak of, which is nice because it's unusual at that age, but he could use a few hours of week in the gym.

He’s 56 years old FFS! Do you think he gives a fuck at this point about abs and muscles at this point? He still looks damn better than 95% of other 56 year old men.

by Anonymousreply 50January 7, 2021 5:24 PM

R19 god he looked awful fat. Looks 20 years younger now, I'd totally hit that

I agree with R21 and R43, those board shorts do not show his body to his best advantage. They dont look good on anyone, although they can be comfortable for some people I guess, I find them uncomfortable myself. I only wear Speedos when I swim, nobody here seems to give a fuck, mind you it helps to be in decent shape. Lots of people here wear Speedos including some people who probably really shouldnt, but good on em anyway for having zero shits to give

by Anonymousreply 51January 7, 2021 9:24 PM

Only exhibitionists wear speedos. Men who were taught a sense of modesty growing up have more class than to walk around in a banana hammock.

by Anonymousreply 52January 7, 2021 10:10 PM

He was fit/fat in the image at R22.

by Anonymousreply 53January 7, 2021 10:12 PM

Isn't he known to be a loner and an sad-sack at times? I remember the image of him in magazines a few years back of him sitting alone eating an ice cream and he looked like he didn't have a friend in the world.

by Anonymousreply 54January 7, 2021 10:14 PM

Why are there chickens walking in the streets of USA?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 7, 2021 10:18 PM

R55 Chickens are not that uncommon sights on the streets. I grew up in a small town with wild chickens and ducks around and I live in a small city and you still see tons of birds on the streets like crows, pigeons, ducks and seagulls.

by Anonymousreply 56January 8, 2021 1:05 AM

He’s a farter with bad gas. He’s a loner because of it.

by Anonymousreply 57January 8, 2021 2:18 AM

There’s a rumor going around that he’s going to marry that white haired chick in Berlin?

by Anonymousreply 58April 13, 2021 3:10 AM

I don't think he looks particularly good. I'm 58 and I look better than that (no I'm not posting pictures because I don't get paid billions to make movies). But it's true he could look a lot worse. Think about what Leonardo di Caprio is going to look like at that age.

Speedos on someone that old should be cause for a citizen's arrest. He's made the right move, although I'm not sure the colors are so flattering on him.

by Anonymousreply 59April 13, 2021 3:18 AM

Beside looking good, he is RICH AS MIDAS, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 60April 13, 2021 3:19 AM

Ancient Chinese grandma

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 13, 2021 3:21 AM

His left nipple looks like it's trying to escape.

by Anonymousreply 62April 13, 2021 3:22 AM

R44 Europeans always follow what Americans do. Too bad. I wish they’d stayed with Speedos.

by Anonymousreply 63April 13, 2021 4:11 AM

Just saying "hi" now to the idiot who bumps this thread in 2031.

by Anonymousreply 64April 13, 2021 4:18 AM

Still hot and has a huge penis. Lucky.

by Anonymousreply 65April 13, 2021 4:20 AM

Keanu is not white-passing to me. He's only like 1/4th Asian but he looks more like half-Asian. His first name is even Hawaiian. James Duval who is half-Vietnamese shares a slight resemblance to Keanu. Both are sexy guys.

by Anonymousreply 66April 13, 2021 4:21 AM

Has his acting improved ?

by Anonymousreply 67April 13, 2021 4:26 AM

Asian don't raisin! Even 1/4 🤣

by Anonymousreply 68April 13, 2021 4:33 AM

Huge penis? Since when?

by Anonymousreply 69April 13, 2021 4:35 AM

Still hot, but to me, never hotter than this.

Speed 1 -1994. He was 30 years old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 13, 2021 4:55 AM

Woof

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 13, 2021 4:59 AM

I love how his body is so unmuscular.

See you don't need abs to look great.

by Anonymousreply 72April 13, 2021 5:34 AM

He doesn't look great. He's not even doing yoga or isometrics with that body. Try some pushups Keanu. Maybe you could manage 100 squats a day. Or do some tea towel resistance training.

He looks content enough. So it's fine. But he doesn't look good.

by Anonymousreply 73April 13, 2021 5:40 AM

R38 In the photo at R37 his hair looks fake. I thought it was wig but the color looks like he put shoe polish in his hair.

by Anonymousreply 74April 13, 2021 5:44 AM

yum

by Anonymousreply 75April 13, 2021 7:13 AM

He’s yummy but knowing that he farts constantly is a turn off.

by Anonymousreply 76April 13, 2021 3:37 PM

Explain to me how Keanu Reeves is richer than Leo DiCaprio. Forbes says that Keanu is worth $360 million and Leo $260. That doesn't make any sense. Leo is a much bigger actor than Keanu.

Keanu and Leo's houses back up to each other in The Bird Streets of the Hollywood Hills. Ass-to-ass as they say. Tobey Maguire lived next door to Keanu. I wonder if they ever got together for 3-ways?

by Anonymousreply 77April 13, 2021 3:50 PM

He did have a bit of gut in the John Wick series, and it was getting smaller with each sequel.

And also in the photo at r22, he's wearing a full body suit for that movie:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 13, 2021 3:53 PM

Keanu made hundreds of millions on Matrix.

by Anonymousreply 79April 13, 2021 4:23 PM

Is "Keanue" their gender neutral nom?

by Anonymousreply 80April 13, 2021 4:28 PM

Stick fuckable. Keanu is not only hot but seems like a total sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 81April 13, 2021 7:28 PM

Geffen, Carl Marotte and River Phoenix got a taste of Keanu in his prime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 13, 2021 7:56 PM

I remember he lost a child with a woman who later also died in a car accident (or killed herself?). He seemed damaged after that experience. Anyone here know if he had another child after that?

by Anonymousreply 83April 13, 2021 7:58 PM

[quote] Keanue

ESOL?

by Anonymousreply 84April 13, 2021 8:02 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85April 13, 2021 8:11 PM

He looks so much better with shorter hair.

by Anonymousreply 86April 13, 2021 8:11 PM

Keanu has been working in the industry longer than DiCaprio and was a box office star before DiCaprio. Point Break, Speed and Bill & Ted all came out before Titanic. Plus after Titanic, Leo chose to pursue more high-brow films with limited appeal. Keanu kept making blockbuster movies like The Matrix and John Wick. So it's not unusual that Keanu would have a higher net worth.

by Anonymousreply 87April 13, 2021 8:16 PM

[quote] He’s only 15% Asian for fck sake. He’s not Asian

He's still half-Hawaiian. Most Hawaiians are a mixture of different East Asian groups, Pacific Islanders and European. Mixed people tend to identify as non-white because they aren't treated as white in most social settings. Keanu has identified himself as white before in a few early interviews but lately has been more open about his Chinese-Hawaiian heritage and he has been doing Asian films lately.

by Anonymousreply 88April 13, 2021 8:23 PM

He’s Asian. In the same way Barack Obama is black.

by Anonymousreply 89April 14, 2021 1:34 AM

No, he's Eurasian.

by Anonymousreply 90April 14, 2021 1:57 AM

At Jarvis Collegiate he was just cute. When he moved to the states he became white. Now he's an Asian Pacific islander, as he always was. Who is so upset that Keanu is of Asian descent? It's always been obvious. Some old white creep racist gay dude has been jerking off to him for years and can't handle that Keanu is half Asian + more?? His non lidded tiny dark eyes didn't come from Indiana, fool.

by Anonymousreply 91April 14, 2021 5:02 AM

I thought he was cute once a long time ago but I don't quite get why people still drool over him. It's not his age, either. He just lost his looks totally, in my opinion. Also, the dyed black hair and beard is egregious and does him no favors.

by Anonymousreply 92April 14, 2021 5:19 AM

He is dreamy.

by Anonymousreply 93April 14, 2021 8:16 AM

[quote] No, he's Eurasian.

You’re not wrong R90 but you also call Barack a mulatto, amirite?

by Anonymousreply 94April 14, 2021 8:24 AM

Quadroon.

by Anonymousreply 95April 14, 2021 8:47 AM

No I don't r94. in America, because our history, if you have any black parents or grandparents, you're considered black- I know several people whom for all appearances look white (light skin, blue or green eyes, light straight or loose curly hair) with a black parent that consider themselves black. I've heard Naomi Osaka, who is half-black/half-Japanese claimed by American black people as the pinnacle of "Black Excellence", nevermind the Japanese half.

However if you're Asian and have white parents/grandparents, you're Eurasian. Asians are weird about mixed ethnic parentage .Keanu's mom is white, and his father is approximately 1/2-1/4th white. Would you call Kristen Kreuk (Mother is Chinese), Olivia Munn (Mother is Chinese), Darren Criss (Mother is Filipino/Chinese) etc, etc Asian too?

by Anonymousreply 96April 14, 2021 1:06 PM

Yes. Darren Kristen and Olivia are Asian too. It’s customary to identify with the less powerful of a mixed heritage. Otherwise you’re trying to pass.

by Anonymousreply 97April 14, 2021 1:13 PM

R96 Kristin Kreuk and Olivia Munn like Keanu Reeves are Eurasian and they look it. None of them are white-passing and I don't think anyone is calling them pure Asian either. Because they don't pass for 100% Asian either.

Keanu's father is Hawaiian and it's more of an ethnic identity than a race. A lot of Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders are mixed with East Asian (Chinese, Filipino, Japanese, etc) and European.

by Anonymousreply 98April 14, 2021 5:34 PM

r98, that was my rebuttal to the person (r89, r94) that claims that Keanu is Asian- I had replied that he was Eurasian, like the other examples that I provided. I wonder what they think Naomi is- Black or Asian?

by Anonymousreply 99April 14, 2021 6:48 PM

Naomi is black and will tell you that she is black. When you are a dark skinned woman or man, you embrace that you are black. Because is how you will be seen, referred to and treated for your whole life. Regardless of mixed ancestry.

I am Island born and have me some chinky eyes and ancestry, but I'm a black MAN living in the USA.

Stop parsing things you can never understand.

by Anonymousreply 100April 14, 2021 10:58 PM

I'd eat his ass.

by Anonymousreply 101April 15, 2021 12:27 AM

[quote]in America, because our history, if you have any black parents or grandparents, you're considered black-

Parents? Yes. One parent? Yes or biracial. One parent that's more than one thing or both that are? Then you're multiracial.

Grandparents? No.

[quote]I know several people whom for all appearances look white (light skin, blue or green eyes, light straight or loose curly hair) with a black parent that consider themselves black.

And they're allowed to.

[quote]Naomi is black and will tell you that she is black.

Exactly. That's probably a combination of how she sees herself and how people see her (which is the sad part.) She has stated who she is. People should respect it.

[quote]Asians are weird about mixed ethnic parentage .Keanu's mom is white, and his father is approximately 1/2-1/4th white.

Keanu considers himself Asian. He is Asian. And as Ali Wong said when asked about Keanu appearing in her movie, "Always Be My Maybe" he was flattered that she remembered he was Asian American.

There's no need to break it down more than that. That is how he sees himself. (These days at least.)

by Anonymousreply 102April 15, 2021 12:39 AM

R99 In certain parts of the US, I think Louisiana IIRC, a person is considered black even with 1/32 black ancestry. Why is Asian ancestry and identification treated differently?

by Anonymousreply 103April 15, 2021 2:25 AM

The thing is most Black people outside of Africa are mixed. Naomi mother is Jamaican who emigrated to The UK. It's not that uncommon for Black Jamaicans to have British, Irish, Chinese or Indian ancestry. Jamaica is actually really diverse which makes sense as it was British colony and they brought over many indentured servants along with African slaves. Naomi never met her father though.

by Anonymousreply 104April 15, 2021 3:29 AM

r103, unfortunately our racist forebears had a law proclaiming that for Black people, not for Asians:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105April 15, 2021 3:11 PM

No pecs and a surgical scar from lipo

by Anonymousreply 106April 15, 2021 3:14 PM

Can we please get back to Keanu? Start another thread about this other crap, please. Don’t care what he is. He’s damn sexy and heavenly.

by Anonymousreply 107April 15, 2021 10:07 PM

Keanu is a pale flabby late middle aged man with dyed hair, a face full of botox and bad facial hair, R107.

by Anonymousreply 108April 15, 2021 10:16 PM

Like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109April 15, 2021 10:17 PM

He looks like Adam Driver's homeless father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110April 15, 2021 10:26 PM

I must be crazy. But he looks damn good to me.

by Anonymousreply 111April 15, 2021 11:00 PM

He has a farting problem. Hard to give him a blowjob because he’ll fart in your face.

by Anonymousreply 112April 15, 2021 11:05 PM

Keanu has the tiniest dick but he's attentive to his women and he likes unusual girls. Charlize Theron is probably the only glamor chick that he dated. He's also really respects women and would rather eat pussy than fuck. I agree with the poster who said it clearly. He lost his looks. Period. Quite a while ago.

There's no shame in that, but he never had much chin or an ASS to start with, never worked out or did much in grooming. When it's gone and you start injecting shit into a face and body like that - he totally lost his cool vibe. He's a less violent Nick Nolte. Crazy looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 15, 2021 11:09 PM

[quote]He's a less violent Nick Nolte. Crazy looking.

That may be one of the meanest and most untrue things anyone has ever written on Datalounge.

He simply looks like a 56 year old version of himself.

I've always thought he was at his most stunning in "Much Ado About Nothing."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114April 16, 2021 5:57 AM

I have brothers and one sister in their fifties. They do not look bad like Keanu Reeves. Their skin is firm, the body is toned and they don't look so bloated. They have some wrinkles and a sun damage but they look healthy and sexy still. I am a much younger late baby, with one in between. We are all kind of gorgeous to be honest. But Nick Nolte looked better than Reeves, to be honest too.

Don't be so dramatic R114. Keanu looks like old flabby badly died and desperately botoxed shit. He waited too late to do anything to look good and now he looks ridiculous. You have to work at looking good as you age. And you can't start at 57. He's by all accounts supremely stupid guy too. So maybe he didn't notice. He looks like Carrie Fisher. Just before the end.

by Anonymousreply 115April 16, 2021 6:04 AM

Believe it or not, this is not a film set. Or a costume. Old dude didn't age well or gracefully. And that's ok. But an old looking puffy pig is what it is. And he's not even that old. He hasn't looked good in 15 years. So what's the surprise about? I am 38 and nobody lusts after John Wick, lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 16, 2021 6:11 AM

However if you're Asian and have white parents/grandparents, you're Eurasian.

You're saying "If you're Asian...you're Eurasian" So which is it? This sounds like gobbledegook.

So anyway Keanu may be Asian or Eurasian or Polynesian, but the fact is when he started out as an actor he was cast as white. I think the first time I saw him was in Youngblood, playing a white Canadian hockey player, the second time was in a PBS TV American Playhouse play, Life Under Water, in which he played Joanna Gleason's son, they were playing rich white people living in the Hamptons, his character's name was Kip.

In My Own Private Idaho he also played a rich white kid, the son of a white mayor, who was slumming as a street hustler. He was almost always cast as white people and I remember a lot of kids being surprised he was part Asian (or whatever he is). So there was never anything obvious about it.

by Anonymousreply 117April 16, 2021 7:47 AM

[quote]That may be one of the meanest and most untrue things anyone has ever written on Datalounge.

Hahaha

by Anonymousreply 118April 16, 2021 7:49 AM

Some white people do have epicanthic eye folds like Bjork, Ed Westwick, Ezra Miller, Josh Hartnett and Renee Zellweger.

by Anonymousreply 119April 16, 2021 8:44 AM

He clearly has mixed "race" DNA. I have a similar mixture and can spot it. For some people, Keanu included, it's hard to determine the exact amount of DNA from both "races".

by Anonymousreply 120April 16, 2021 9:54 AM

But he's been cast as white in all his roles.

by Anonymousreply 121April 16, 2021 11:38 AM

R107 totally agree, I give a shit what racial mix he is. I just want some more pics, the more salacious the better

Less discussion of race, more cock pics!

by Anonymousreply 122April 16, 2021 11:42 AM

It's true that Keanu has mostly played white. But the character of Neo from The Matrix is Eurasian and was originally going to be Black (Will Smith was the original choice). Also in 47 Ronin, Keanu played a mixed blood samurai.

by Anonymousreply 123April 16, 2021 12:07 PM

Damn I meant to say I DONT give a shit what racial mix he is

by Anonymousreply 124April 16, 2021 12:11 PM

[quote]In My Own Private Idaho he also played a rich white kid, the son of a white mayor, who was slumming as a street hustler. He was almost always cast as white people and I remember a lot of kids being surprised he was part Asian (or whatever he is).

He called himself "white" early on in his career but it's not like there were a tremendous amount of roles he could have played if he was marketed differently. It was a different time.

Catherine Zeta Jones is kind of in the same boat. She's a Welsh woman that was often mistaken for a latin woman. So it's not a shock she played those roles.

[quote]So there was never anything obvious about it.

To you and most of the public. However, after a certain point, people just intentionally ignored it.

Magazines that featured him never failed to mention that his father wasn't white as soon as Speed was released. I'm sure it was mentioned before then but that's when I first noticed him and recall articles about him. However, he was still seen as "white."

The other obvious question was, "How did he get the name Keanu?"

Finally, I think anyone that has any kind of a racial mixture going on with themselves or in family mixtures, can tell when someone else has that happening as R120 implied. I have Chinese people in my family and I immediately recognized he wasn't just one thing.

by Anonymousreply 125April 16, 2021 3:03 PM

Genetics are funny. The late Brandon Lee who is more Asian (3/8ths) than Keanu (1/4th) came out looking more white. While his sister Shannon ended up looking more Asian. A lot of people actually don't know that Bruce Lee was 1/4 white. Brandon being proud of his father identified more with his Chinese heritage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126April 16, 2021 7:25 PM

Some annoying OLD cunt has come into this thread to post pics of FAT Keanu from quite a number of years ago to prove how horrible Keanu looks today. In fact we all remember FAT Keanu and we all know he lost weight and somewhat put his face and allure back together, these recent years. The first John Wick was 2014 and he looked much better in it than in his FAT BLOATED years.

by Anonymousreply 127April 16, 2021 8:40 PM

R120 here. I actually prefer mixed race guys as well.

by Anonymousreply 128April 16, 2021 10:05 PM

[quote]He called himself "white" early on in his career but it's not like there were a tremendous amount of roles he could have played if he was marketed differently. It was a different time.

This just seems like a 2021 view of what 1985 was like. I don't know, it's been a while. But I don't think people were as obsessed about race and origins as they are now. I remember reading in a newspaper column (that's a difference in the era, right there) that Keanu was part Hawaiian. I thought, oh, that's interesting. I didn't wonder about what parts he played or-- I what race he called himself. I don't even think actors were always marketed, then. Everything/everyone is marketed now. But then things were looser, and an actor could just go to some auditions and get cast, people would take a chance on him and eventually maybe he'd get fans. Now when someone is cast they probably have a focus group watch video to decide how to "market" him. But honestly things then were more random and casual.

by Anonymousreply 129April 17, 2021 1:25 PM

There was a couple of blinds years ago, that he was stalking Charlize Theron. I wonder if there was any truth to it.

by Anonymousreply 130April 18, 2021 1:05 AM

[quote] I don't even think actors were always marketed, then.

Actors have been "marketed" for decades. They were, even back then, long before him. Many an article, a book, a TV special, has been written about it. Of course the best way of marketing them was making it seem like they weren't -- which was easier before the internet.

But Keanu is still a man who got his first agent because his broadway / movie director step father walked him into a room with one he was friends with. His mother was a costume designer who had quite a few celebrities running around him as a child. He was far from green behind the ears.

[quote]Now when someone is cast they probably have a focus group watch video to decide how to "market" him.

That's been happening for decades too. Hell, they even do it at various points in acting classes and at Universities with acting programs as an exercise so you know what you'll be dealing with.

[quote]This just seems like a 2021 view of what 1985 was like. I don't know, it's been a while. But I don't think people were as obsessed about race and origins as they are now.

I didn't see an Asian person on TV until Margaret Cho's "All American Girl" came on ABC when I was a kid. I don't think I need to explain why. It was always better to be "white." That was the point. He could get away with it. I get it. I don't knock him for it at all. It was a different time. Back then, and up until a few years ago, casting sides would clearly specify race even when they didn't have to. You'd have supporting characters who they'd be looking to cast a "white" actor to play when we'd never meet their family or see them ever again. (And yes they do specify race now but only when necessary -- most of the time.)

He could have very easily marketed himself as an Asian actor. He and his people just decided against it and it made more sense for him at that time.

by Anonymousreply 131April 18, 2021 5:52 AM

[quote]He’s only 15% Asian for fck sake. He’s not Asian

He is VERY VERY Asian!

by Anonymousreply 132April 18, 2021 7:40 AM

Keanu is similar to Jennifer Beals. Beals marketed herself as white initially. Flashdance was a huge film and her character Alex was portrayed as a working-class white girl. When word got out Beals was half black. It was a bit of a controversy and Beals casting options got limited to black films. She was considered for Vanity's role in Purple Rain and Squeak in The Color Purple but turned them down because she didn't want to limited.

Similarly, Prince and Mariah Carey also did the same thing early on in their careers.

You got more opportunities if you were white passing or at least racially ambiguous. Especially in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 133April 18, 2021 10:45 AM

Air-brushing his nipples on, kind of

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134April 18, 2021 2:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!