Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are "dead"/sociopathic eyes a real phenomenon? Or is it a case of confirmation bias?

This topic comes up on the DL every now and then.

Are sociopathic eyes real? I think Joel Steinberg is a good example -- his eyes always looked completely dead to me.

But then, when I think about these eyes, I usually think of people I already know or suspect are sociopaths, so maybe the phenomenon is simply a case of confirmation bias.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 5, 2021 9:58 PM

I thought Hedda Nussbaum's eyes were the ones that looked "dead." Steinberg's eyes looked scary intense. They are both scum.

by Anonymousreply 1January 5, 2021 9:08 PM

Sociopath eyes (shark eyes) are an evolutionary trait left over from hunter/gatherer days. The most successful and fearless hunters had predatory vision to help them with the practical task of slaying mammoth and like for sustenance.

by Anonymousreply 2January 5, 2021 9:10 PM

People with graves disease, schizophrenia, and autism also have a kind of an empty stare.

by Anonymousreply 3January 5, 2021 9:11 PM

We've had endless threads about this - dead, crazy, mean, sociopathic, sanpaku eyes, take your pick. Use Google.

by Anonymousreply 4January 5, 2021 9:20 PM

One thing that I’ve noticed is that a lot of times the outer corners of their eyes point downwards on top of the “crazy” eyes stare.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 5, 2021 9:31 PM

There are plenty of charming and attractive psychopaths out there. I recently watched this old episode of “Unsolved Mysteries” on YouTube (see link @ 26:10) about a serial killer, who would make women fall in love with him, and then he’d kill them and rob them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 5, 2021 9:40 PM

OP is the dead eyes troll. Anyone, usually movie stars, with brown eyes is said to have "dead eyes."

by Anonymousreply 7January 5, 2021 9:43 PM

No, some sociopaths have kindly eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 5, 2021 9:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!