Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why is it that gay male nurses are so frequently super-promiscuous?

The kerfuffle about the male nurse going to Puerto Vallarta for a circuit event after having a GoFundMe for his COVID care has had me thinking.

All the health care professions--doctor, EMT, pharmacist--seem to attract their fair share of slutty gay men (why?), but that there are more super-promiscuous gay men who are nurses than there are who belong to any other profession I can think of (excepting actual sex workers).

This is of course not to say, though, that ALL gay male nurses are slutty. Just that a lot of them are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 13, 2021 6:42 AM

[quote]The kerfuffle about the male nurse going to Puerto Vallarta for a circuit event after having a GoFundMe for his COVID care has had me thinking.

Well there’s a silver lining for everything.

by Anonymousreply 1January 5, 2021 5:50 AM

This will be a fun thread…lol

by Anonymousreply 2January 5, 2021 5:53 AM

Gay flight attendants... otherwise known as “flying mattresses” are even more promiscuous

by Anonymousreply 3January 5, 2021 8:07 AM

Because they are ALL bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 4January 5, 2021 8:10 AM

You have to be a nurse?

by Anonymousreply 5January 5, 2021 8:22 AM

Many male nurses are attracted to the profession because their first choice — acting, singing, dancing or otherwise performing — didn't work out.

In nursing, they have a course of study that's less taxing than medical school, and they often work 3 days a week.

by Anonymousreply 6January 5, 2021 8:32 AM

There seems to be a thing with "travel nurses," which I am beginning to suspect are all whores. A lot of the online Instahos who post shirtless selfies and sometimes get medical product endorsement deals call themselves 'travel nurse.'

Even if they actually supplement their online narcissism work with occasional nursing jobs (Jake Grez seems perpetually in scrubs and also perpetually on vacation), they are always on the go, never stay in one place, likely don't develop relationships. They're all about being on the run like any common criminal.

by Anonymousreply 7January 5, 2021 8:36 AM

Nursing is often a good profession for physically strong people, so it must attract bodybuilding types.

by Anonymousreply 8January 5, 2021 5:37 PM

R6 that’s EXACTLY why I chose nursing.

Had another Bachelors but didn’t really want to do the med school route. After a couple of years of ambling about career-wise, I had an epiphany that I could “play” doctor for 12 hr shifts x 3 days a week.

That gave time to troll ABS and rest areas.

by Anonymousreply 9January 5, 2021 5:55 PM

[quote] That gave time to troll ABS

Anti-lock braking systems?

by Anonymousreply 10January 5, 2021 6:06 PM

I wonder if it has anything to do with their "adjacency" to medical science. That is, they feel they have some inside track on what is *actually* happening and therefore they are smarter than the rest of us and can game it to their advantage.

by Anonymousreply 11January 5, 2021 6:09 PM

Wasn’t Andrew Gillum’s lover who supplied the drugs also a nurse?

I think it’s safe to say that many of them use their job to get easy access to drugs for their sexapades.

by Anonymousreply 12February 10, 2021 2:40 PM

He was R12 but he realized he was better off being a full time whore

by Anonymousreply 13February 10, 2021 2:43 PM

I think the upshot is that ALL homosexuals are promiscuous. You boys need to learn how to keep it zipped.

by Anonymousreply 14February 10, 2021 2:48 PM

Gay Room Service Attendants - aka "two sex holes with a cart" - are also promiscuous. Understandably.

by Anonymousreply 15February 10, 2021 2:49 PM

As a physician, I will say it is due to the enormous stress that we face on a daily basis. Insurmountable during this pandemic as we deal with obtuse hoaxers.

Outlet. Cathartic. Fun.

by Anonymousreply 16February 10, 2021 3:12 PM

I find lawyers and dentists pretty promiscuous too

by Anonymousreply 17February 10, 2021 4:02 PM

Why do all gays greatly generalize?

by Anonymousreply 18February 10, 2021 4:14 PM

Not sure why, but I'm glad they are! I've actually met some really prude gay physicians - bodybuilding types, who only fuck while wearing condoms, and are looking for romance on, of all places, Grindr. I've also known some physicians who are total bareback cum dumps, into fisting, water sports, and are enthusiastic poppers devotees - interesting, since poppers are an unregulated substance. The married ones I know are usually in open marriages. As for gay male nurses, sluts - all of them! And thank heaven for that! (To be fair, I know plenty of slutty female nurses as well.) There are more than enough female, small-minded, religious frau nurses to balance out the sluts. There are a few prude gay RNs here and there, but these are the overly-sentimental, Disney/Hallmark, "Little House on the Prairie"-type of innocent twinks... I guess it takes all kinds...or something, right? Fortunately, I think the sluts are winning out over time.

by Anonymousreply 19February 10, 2021 4:16 PM

Join the Marine Corps. I've seen and done everything.

by Anonymousreply 20February 10, 2021 4:28 PM

Things must be different in the USA. The Nursing and Midwifery Council in the UK operates a code of conduct, and if you bring the profession into disrepute you can be struck off the professional register. This includes your personal behaviour. I worked with a guy who was are for cottaging. He was immediately fired from his job, and the NMC banned him from working as a nurse for a lengthy period. This was in the 80s. I don’t know what happened to him.

by Anonymousreply 21February 10, 2021 5:07 PM

Arrested!

by Anonymousreply 22February 10, 2021 5:09 PM

I remember sucking off a nurse at the windmill path at the edge of Golden Gate Park, near the ocean in San Francisco, many years ago (Mid-90s?).

I remember asking him if he worried about HIV from needle sticks. He said no.

At some point he told me he was HIV negative.

by Anonymousreply 23February 10, 2021 6:17 PM

R21, what is “cottaging?"

by Anonymousreply 24February 10, 2021 6:19 PM

[quote] I think the upshot is that ALL homosexuals are promiscuous. You boys need to learn how to keep it zipped.

Please take your ignorance elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 25February 10, 2021 6:21 PM

[quote] Gay Room Service Attendants - aka "two sex holes with a cart" - are also promiscuous.

Unfortunately, I've never had the pleasure of being the other party in that.

by Anonymousreply 26February 10, 2021 6:25 PM

R24 Sex in a public convenience

by Anonymousreply 27February 10, 2021 6:31 PM

Pre-covid, all those days off. Takes the edge off since you can't even smoke a joint.

by Anonymousreply 28February 10, 2021 6:39 PM

R24, cottaging is the UK term for having sex in public toilets. The term originated because many old fashioned public toilets in the UK looked like little houses.

by Anonymousreply 29February 10, 2021 7:18 PM

Men are dogs. It's evolutionary. Nurses aren't special.

by Anonymousreply 30February 10, 2021 7:43 PM

Thank you, R29.

by Anonymousreply 31February 10, 2021 7:44 PM

Many slutty gay men often desperately want to be needed by others--they seek validation in that way.

by Anonymousreply 32February 10, 2021 7:47 PM

Many homosexual men seek validation of their tenuous masculinity through sex. But the feeling is fleeting, so they hop from hookup to hookup seeking that validation. That's why promiscuity is so rampant and even celebrated within the lifestyle. It's an inconvenient truth.

by Anonymousreply 33February 10, 2021 7:55 PM

I think people who travel alot of work substitute sex for friendships.

When you're bored, you have sex.

by Anonymousreply 34February 10, 2021 8:07 PM

R33 = Mother Pence. And she would know what's talking about.

by Anonymousreply 35February 10, 2021 8:08 PM

*what she's^

by Anonymousreply 36February 10, 2021 8:09 PM

R16 - I saw gay anesthesiologists who would even flirt with the younger and more nubile Armenian nurses when I worked in a hospital and of course that is all about what you say to take off the edge and what R24 said - to show off masculinity. Also, maybe they were high or enjoyed the hirsute nature of said nurses?

by Anonymousreply 37February 10, 2021 8:53 PM

Mmmmm... nubile hirsute younger gay Armenian nurses... *drools*

by Anonymousreply 38February 10, 2021 9:46 PM

My male cousin who claims he is straight is thinking of becoming a nurse. Is there such a thing as a straight male nurse?

by Anonymousreply 39February 10, 2021 9:53 PM

Only if he looks like this guy R39

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 10, 2021 9:56 PM

This is a gay nurse, R40, who are you kidding. Gay as a duck.

by Anonymousreply 41February 10, 2021 10:02 PM

Thanks to Gays Over Covid, we know gay nurses aren't just slutty, they're also stupid, selfish, and raging attention whores.

by Anonymousreply 42February 10, 2021 11:46 PM

If they were better at decision making OP, they'd be gay male doctors.

by Anonymousreply 43February 11, 2021 2:38 AM

Not to be completely politically incorrect (which intro assures I will be) female nurses also have had a historical reputation as... advanced.... when it comes to casual and multiple sexual liaisons.

In my youth I lived with a woman nurse, engaged, who was unfaithful to me and drove me to me.

by Anonymousreply 44February 11, 2021 2:46 AM

^^ ha, lovely Freudian type. "drove me to men."

by Anonymousreply 45February 11, 2021 2:47 AM

They're very giving people.

by Anonymousreply 46February 11, 2021 3:54 AM

A whore is a whore is a whore.

by Anonymousreply 47February 11, 2021 5:38 AM

Why do female nurses tend to be straight, while female EMTs tend to be bulldykes? What is it about being an EMT job that draws all the butch lezzies?

by Anonymousreply 48February 11, 2021 12:00 PM

R33 - bullshit. I'm seeking validation of my giving nature and velvety hole.

by Anonymousreply 49February 11, 2021 12:11 PM

I think nursing draws money-grubbing, fortune-hunting trash looking for rich guys with bad tickers to be their sugar daddies. K'ching.

by Anonymousreply 50February 11, 2021 12:17 PM

I abhor slut shaming but adore seeing it done well!

Feast on, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 51February 11, 2021 12:23 PM

[quote]who was unfaithful to me and drove me to me.

Oh, Charlene - of all the ways I imagined it happened, I never thought there'd be a woman involved.

Stay strong!

by Anonymousreply 52February 11, 2021 12:26 PM

R50. It's probably true to some extent. Kathrin Glock used to be a nurse to Gaston Glock, of the Glock gun empire. After she married him she's one of the richest women in Austria.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53February 11, 2021 12:28 PM

Nursing is a way for gay men to scream I'M A RAGING, SLUTTY POWER-BOTTOM to the world without actually having to say the words

by Anonymousreply 54February 11, 2021 12:31 PM

I actually had no intentions of dating anyone in the medical field. Too much shop talk at home.

And of course ABS = adult book stores

by Anonymousreply 55February 11, 2021 8:32 PM

Someone mentioned they think travel nurses are whores. Wrong.

Travel nurses make a shit ton of money. And its not a job for someone who has kids to take care of. Requires some physical fitness because many of the jobs are one nurse at a time gigs (which makes helping move a person/body difficult). Its highly skilled labor and also requires someone who isn't tied down to a full time nursing job at a hospital, doctor's office, etc. So its mainly about flexibility.

Plus, for gay guys, there's no better time for getting the hottest guys to fuck when you're in a new area. You're fresh meat on grindr.

by Anonymousreply 56February 11, 2021 11:42 PM

I'm fine with them being slutty. I can only imagine what they go through every day at work. I have a few nurse friends male and female and we're lucky that people will do those jobs. The good one are worth their weight in gold. I'm so impatient and short tempered I'd be fired the first day. Change your own bed pan bitch, I'm on break.

by Anonymousreply 57February 12, 2021 5:26 AM

I agree with R57. I'm so grateful for the nurses who take care of my brother. Female and male they are wonderful people/professionals.

by Anonymousreply 58February 12, 2021 6:12 AM

My neighbor is a male nurse and his bf who works in retail. They're both total sluts. I see the parade of hot guys coming and going at all hours especially on the weekends. Monogamy is not in their dictionary.

by Anonymousreply 59February 12, 2021 2:06 PM

R59 I'd totally be Gladys Kravitzing those neighbors. They're having a ball and that is what being young and gay can be. It was never like that for me because I came out a bit late at 30. Still had fun but I never felt a part of the pack or got comfortable enough to have the boys coming and going. Sounds like fun for at least a little while though.

by Anonymousreply 60February 13, 2021 5:02 AM

I'm not sure it's always "fun" or "a ball" when people are promiscuous, r60. You may be looking back at your youth with rose-colored glasses.

I had a long period of being promiscuous when young, and some of it was certainly very fun. But it wasn't really a happy period of my life: I was obsessed with sex (to the detriment of other things in my life), and I had pretty low self-esteem (which was why i was so promiscuous). Even though I'm not promiscuous now, i think I'm a much happier and more stable person.

by Anonymousreply 61February 13, 2021 6:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!