Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Audio Leaked: Asking to Fix Election

The Washington Post has obtained audio of a phone call between the president and @GaSecofState where he pushed him to “find” enough votes to overturn his defeat

"There’s nothing wrong with saying, you know, um, that you’ve recalculated," Trump said

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557January 11, 2021 2:44 AM

Because of course.

by Anonymousreply 1January 3, 2021 5:20 PM

0% surprised

by Anonymousreply 2January 3, 2021 5:21 PM

Not shocked.

by Anonymousreply 3January 3, 2021 5:21 PM

Which press outlets will spin it as "Trump soldiering on in his quest to prove he won?"

by Anonymousreply 4January 3, 2021 5:23 PM

Holy fuck... it's true... I'm still kind of astonished even though I know I shouldn't be.

Politics ‘I just want to find 11,780 votes’: In extraordinary hour-long call, Trump pressures Georgia secretary of state to recalculate the vote in his favor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 3, 2021 5:24 PM

I know my shocked face is around here somewhere...

by Anonymousreply 6January 3, 2021 5:24 PM

And my cyclical self says there will be absolutely zero, none, no repercussions from this.

by Anonymousreply 7January 3, 2021 5:24 PM

OK, maybe we're not shocked but it's truly shocking.

Too bad we're also past shame.

Still, Hawley's in a tight spot with anybody who thinks.

by Anonymousreply 8January 3, 2021 5:25 PM

Now release the contents of those calls Lindsey Graham made!

by Anonymousreply 9January 3, 2021 5:25 PM

Holy shit!

He sounds like he’s on pills. Speech is slightly slurred, slightly slow.

by Anonymousreply 10January 3, 2021 5:27 PM

Perhaps this tape should be played in Congress on January 6th?

by Anonymousreply 11January 3, 2021 5:29 PM

So now what? The traitorous twelve in the senate still have to object right, they aren’t going to walk it back even tho there’s now audio of Trump asking for an election to be rigged.

by Anonymousreply 12January 3, 2021 5:30 PM

I REALLY hate this man...

by Anonymousreply 13January 3, 2021 5:30 PM

This fucking asshole needs to go to jail. This is harassment and against the fucking law. His entire entourage should be forced to kneel, hands tied behind their backs and slapped bloody with spiked belts.

by Anonymousreply 14January 3, 2021 5:31 PM

The real story is that this tape leaked. Someone has had it with Trump and the Republicans who cover for him.

by Anonymousreply 15January 3, 2021 5:32 PM

It more than just harassment

It’s concrete proof of treason

by Anonymousreply 16January 3, 2021 5:32 PM

He also outright threatened the guy. I don’t want to hear any more kumbaya from Biden. He needs and AG whose main agenda is to lock Trump and every Republican behind bars for the rest of their lives. Some should go to gitmo for crimes against humanity.

by Anonymousreply 17January 3, 2021 5:33 PM

Remember "If He Loses, Trump Will Concede Gracefully"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 3, 2021 5:34 PM

Where did he expect these 12,000 votes to magically appear from? His anus?

by Anonymousreply 19January 3, 2021 5:35 PM

^It would certainly fit more than just 12,000...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 3, 2021 5:39 PM

Nothing will come of this.

by Anonymousreply 21January 3, 2021 5:42 PM

LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 3, 2021 5:43 PM

R7 here. Meant my “cynical self,” not obviously cyclical.

by Anonymousreply 23January 3, 2021 5:44 PM

[quote]This fucking asshole needs to go to jail. This is harassment and against the fucking law.

[quote]It more than just harassment. It’s concrete proof of treason.

EXACTLY. These stories make me fucking crazy because I don't know how he continually commits a criminal act like this in our fucking faces and nobody does a damn thing about it.

by Anonymousreply 24January 3, 2021 5:50 PM

[quote]"There’s nothing wrong with saying, you know, um, that you’ve recalculated," Trump said

That's good Trumpy, because America recalculated in enough numbers to vote you out.

The recalculation came from the certainty that you're a fat stupid criminal sleazy lazy cunt.

by Anonymousreply 25January 3, 2021 5:51 PM

Fucking pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 26January 3, 2021 5:51 PM

When is this scum fattard going to be arrested? This is not American if you allow this shit to go on unabated.

by Anonymousreply 27January 3, 2021 5:59 PM

[quote] The real story is that this tape leaked. Someone has had it with Trump and the Republicans who cover for him.

Exactly! That is the story I want to hear.

by Anonymousreply 28January 3, 2021 5:59 PM

Different impeachment articles every day from now until the 20th.

by Anonymousreply 29January 3, 2021 6:00 PM

Is the full audio available somewhere else other than behind the WP paywall?

by Anonymousreply 30January 3, 2021 6:01 PM

Who leaked this blatant confession of criminality less than 24 hours after it was taped? Raffensperger? Ryan Germany? Some underling who's had it up to here?

by Anonymousreply 31January 3, 2021 6:03 PM

^ Based on Raffensperger's tweet, him or someone in his office.

by Anonymousreply 32January 3, 2021 6:05 PM

On the one hand, Trump knew from how Raffensperger handled the November election that he is capable of anything, but Trump should have also known that considering how much Raffensperger hates Trump, that he would record and release the audio.

by Anonymousreply 33January 3, 2021 6:06 PM

Here is the mob boss in action. He's behaving exactly the way Michael Cohen described his MO: Trump never tells you to do something; he just repeats and repeats the message - in this case, that ballots were shredded and Dominion tampered with their own machined. He never tells Raffensperger and Ryan Germany directly that they should toss out these vote, but he expects that it is understood and that they will follow the action implied in the messaging. They weren't buying it and you can hear the mounting desperation and anger in Trumps voice, until he threatens to spoil the Senate runoff election if they don't do what he wants. And indeed, that is exactly what he subsequently did.

String him up!

by Anonymousreply 34January 3, 2021 6:06 PM

Grounds for treason and execution!

by Anonymousreply 35January 3, 2021 6:10 PM

I’m so tired of the 2020 election. I just want it to be over.

by Anonymousreply 36January 3, 2021 6:10 PM

R36, it is over. Biden won, Trump lost, and Trump and his voters are throwing tantrums like the little snowflakes they are.

by Anonymousreply 37January 3, 2021 6:13 PM

Fingers crossed this dampens R turnout on Tuesday....Amazing how the future of the country comes down to whether 1-2% of Trump voters decide to stay home or not.

by Anonymousreply 38January 3, 2021 6:13 PM

Thank god someone recorded him. It's great news.

by Anonymousreply 39January 3, 2021 6:13 PM

I’m just so fucking sick of it all.

by Anonymousreply 40January 3, 2021 6:18 PM

I have a hunch that far more vile Trump recordings will leak forth post-January 20th.

by Anonymousreply 41January 3, 2021 6:19 PM

What's truly hysterical about this is he needs 12,780 votes to flip the GA November election.

If they were remotely competent they'd be dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 42January 3, 2021 6:21 PM

Used to be funny when it was Mr Burns and Smithers - now, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 43January 3, 2021 6:21 PM

R41 I been wait for my pee pee shows to leak!

by Anonymousreply 44January 3, 2021 6:22 PM

When was this? Agree they should play it in Congress on January 6 during the faux debates

by Anonymousreply 45January 3, 2021 6:23 PM

Daddy Dan Goldman says the call is akin to a mob boss

Impeachment proceedings must begin immediately I’d love a running count of all the crimes committed in this one call

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 3, 2021 6:29 PM

Nancy should impeach him again. I want him to go out even more humiliated and debased than he already is!

by Anonymousreply 47January 3, 2021 6:33 PM

He sounds like a sleazy mob boss

by Anonymousreply 48January 3, 2021 6:34 PM

[quote] I have a hunch that far more vile Trump recordings will leak forth post-January 20th.

I agree. They will be leaked to force a reluctant Biden to investigate Trump.

by Anonymousreply 49January 3, 2021 6:36 PM

Trump wanted it leaked to let Putin know how hard he tried right to the end. Over and above New York State it's Putin he fears most of all. The fact that the tape only displays his fantastical incompetent wheedling just shows how desperate he now is. To Putin Trump is not just a loser, but a pathetic loser.

by Anonymousreply 50January 3, 2021 6:36 PM

The Post article indicates that, after about an hour, the GA SOS basically just blew Trump off and ended the call. Hanging up on the President, just what he deserves. There were quite a few people on Trump's end of the call, too. I hope they all get prosecuted for trying to tamper with an election. They should.

by Anonymousreply 51January 3, 2021 6:37 PM

HE WAS KIDDING! DON'T YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND WHEN SOMEONE IS JOKING?

by Anonymousreply 52January 3, 2021 6:39 PM

Miss Linz should also be charged with election tampering

by Anonymousreply 53January 3, 2021 6:39 PM

GA SOS Raffesnperger hung up on Trump after he got fed up with listening to him.

by Anonymousreply 54January 3, 2021 6:39 PM

Trump needs to be tried and put in jail or the next Republican dictator and his Congressional supporters will succeed in destroying democracy for good.

by Anonymousreply 55January 3, 2021 6:40 PM

I don’t advocate it…but I understand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 3, 2021 6:40 PM

R50, interesting theory, but if that were the case Trump would have only leaked a small portion of the call. Not the embarrassing parts, and certainly not confirming that he was hung up on.

by Anonymousreply 57January 3, 2021 6:40 PM

I am so sick of this shitstain never being held accountable for anything in his life. He's gotten away with literal murder, not to mention hundreds of other crimes. Enough is enough for fuck's sake!

by Anonymousreply 58January 3, 2021 6:43 PM

This is even more desperate than I can even imagine.

by Anonymousreply 59January 3, 2021 6:46 PM

R50, since Trump is ultimately of no use to him anymore, Putin should start leaking some of his Trump calls and kompromat... Oh, how delicious that would be!

by Anonymousreply 60January 3, 2021 6:47 PM

This makes the Democrats’ strategy for Wednesday crystal-clear: when a fascist objects to a state’s results and the ensuing 2-hour debate begins, just restate the details of this call over and over and over and over again.

The fascists won’t get the message, but the rest of the country sure will.

by Anonymousreply 61January 3, 2021 6:48 PM

I wish they’d release the whole call.

by Anonymousreply 62January 3, 2021 6:48 PM

Twitter is having a field day over this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 3, 2021 6:48 PM

Can you fucking imagine if Obama said something even remotely suggesting a Sec of state to just "find" 11,000+ votes?? This country sucks ass for not having a process in place to deal with all this blatant pressure to make shit up for his favor (!!!!!!!recorded, mind you!!!!!!!) from that fat disgusting bastard.

by Anonymousreply 64January 3, 2021 6:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 3, 2021 6:49 PM

Trump apparently lied about the call on Twitter, which is why someone leaked the call.

I wouldn't be surprised if Raffensberger files a lawsuit against Trump once Trump is no longer in office. At a minimum, he should get a restraining order after January 20, 2021.

by Anonymousreply 66January 3, 2021 6:53 PM

R15 - I'm with you. The behaviour is no shock, but the conversation being taped and leaked, is. Who taped it and who leaked it?

by Anonymousreply 67January 3, 2021 6:57 PM

Satan?

by Anonymousreply 68January 3, 2021 6:58 PM

It would matter if there was a consequence, but everyone knows there won’t be.

by Anonymousreply 69January 3, 2021 6:58 PM

[quote] It would matter if there was a consequence,

It does matter though. Regular people are arrested and tried for "intent" to commit crimes all of the time.

by Anonymousreply 70January 3, 2021 7:01 PM

R67, I’m 100 percent sure it was Raffensperger who taped the conversation and leaked it. His lawyer who was on the call probably encouraged it.

by Anonymousreply 71January 3, 2021 7:02 PM

By this point, you'd be nuts NOT to tape anything coming out of Trump's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 72January 3, 2021 7:03 PM

Stacey Abrams is laughing at you 🤡

by Anonymousreply 73January 3, 2021 7:03 PM

Of course it matters, R70, but can you tell me what that consequence will be? I would love if the Dems would even play it on the 6th and call out the Republican rats supporting Trump’s shitshow. Wanna bet they won’t do even that much?

by Anonymousreply 74January 3, 2021 7:05 PM

they fixed the election 2000 and 08.

by Anonymousreply 75January 3, 2021 7:05 PM

I'm not a crook. I don't want to suppress ALL the ballots, just the ones that came from the black neighborhoods!

by Anonymousreply 76January 3, 2021 7:07 PM

If Trump calls, don't answer.

by Anonymousreply 77January 3, 2021 7:08 PM

LOL

[quote]Y’all are acting like you’ve never heard a 74-year-old lame duck Adderall addict threaten a GA Sec of State to overturn an election while wearing Depends, a girdle, a spray tan, a dead ferret on his head and holding the phone with tiny doll sized hands before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78January 3, 2021 7:10 PM

Lordy, there are tapes!

by Anonymousreply 79January 3, 2021 7:11 PM

OH NO NOT THE TAPES

by Anonymousreply 80January 3, 2021 7:11 PM

"Accountability" can take .any forms. Trump wants to run again, he wants to found a political party, he wants to protect his "integrity" as the Southern District of NY comes gunning for him after 20 January. With people like Trump, it will be a matter of accretion before critical mass is achieved.

As the old saying goes, "The mills of the gods grind exceeding slow but exceeding fine."

I'm more interested in the impact on the GA runoff than 6 January certification The latter's antics will change nothing. Two Democratic wins on 5 January will change everything.

by Anonymousreply 81January 3, 2021 7:12 PM

The White House records or transcribes all calls. One of the most insidious things about the Zelensky call was that the transcript was improperly transferred to a classified server to prevent it from being reviewed.

But I doubt anyone in the WH released it, because Trump has purged all non-believers. Meanwhile Raffensberger and other GA officials have been getting death threats and dealing with all kinds of bullshit because of Trump's incitements. My guess is Raffensberger refused to talk to him without a recording and he or someone close decided if Trump lies or incited violence again they will expose him.

by Anonymousreply 82January 3, 2021 7:14 PM

If either Ossoff or Warnock (or both) win on Tuesday, the GOP will immediately start screaming "fraud!" "recount!" and that will also affect what happens on Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 83January 3, 2021 7:17 PM

He should be impeached again just for this.

by Anonymousreply 84January 3, 2021 7:17 PM

[quote]Have they removed the inner parts of the machines and replaced them with other parts?

Will Trump supporters ever investigate when they removed the inner parts of Trump's brain with other parts?

Will Republicans nominate another candidate for President in 2024 who has Brain Spurs?

by Anonymousreply 85January 3, 2021 7:23 PM

Trump sounds like a pathetic, unhinged, sniveling thug on this call. This is the idiot these MAGAts have decided to worship.

by Anonymousreply 86January 3, 2021 7:26 PM

LOCK HIM UP!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 3, 2021 7:27 PM

R84 he should go to JAIL for this. Nixon was spared because he agreed to walk away. If we spare Trump, we do it in exchange for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 88January 3, 2021 7:28 PM

Is there any way to stop him? Why is he allowed keep going?

by Anonymousreply 89January 3, 2021 7:31 PM

The Democrat's have a opportunity to show true leadership by preserving what is left our democracy. However, they are too scared to do what needs to be done.

by Anonymousreply 90January 3, 2021 7:32 PM

The biggest shock to me is that the word "surety" is in his lexicon.

by Anonymousreply 91January 3, 2021 7:33 PM

I don’t even know... there are no words.

by Anonymousreply 92January 3, 2021 7:34 PM

R9 Shocking but not surprising. He’s a fucking nutcase.

Wonder who leaked the tape to the WaPo?

by Anonymousreply 93January 3, 2021 7:35 PM

Reminder: over 100 newspapers across the country demanded Clinton resign due to the Lewinsky scandal.

Find one that has demanded Trump resign for anything.

by Anonymousreply 94January 3, 2021 7:38 PM

I'm confused. I thought he learned his lesson.

by Anonymousreply 95January 3, 2021 7:43 PM

FOUND: persons responsible for leaking this audio tape, creating an all enveloping storm on social media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96January 3, 2021 7:47 PM

Definitely play this on January 6.

When I first read this my first reaction was "So, Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz, Marsha Blackburn, and the rest: do you REALLY want to go down that road now?"

by Anonymousreply 97January 3, 2021 7:56 PM

This here is fake. They done edited it to sound like him from his rallies.

And the booter is they used dominion software to does it. There’s nothing you libruls won’t do to undermine the precedent of these here United States.

by Anonymousreply 98January 3, 2021 8:06 PM

What a horrible way to kick off your 2024 campaign. This desperate motherfucker has just stepped in it big time. He must be impeached again immediately.

by Anonymousreply 99January 3, 2021 8:22 PM

Unfortunately, this won't change a thing for Republicans. Dumbass Trumpers already believe the GA results are bogus, so they fully support Trump appearing to threaten GA election officials to "fix" them. All the Republican legislators threatening to disrupt the electoral college results counting on Wednesday are fully on board with this, too. They know those results are accurate, but they don't care - they're disputing them to gain favor with the aforementioned dumbass Trumpers.

by Anonymousreply 100January 3, 2021 8:48 PM

He's insane, bitches. His ego can NOT accept that he lost. It's that simple.

by Anonymousreply 101January 3, 2021 9:15 PM

The full tape

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 3, 2021 9:22 PM

I listened to the whole fucking thing.This man is a village idiot and it still shocks me he’s the president. How is this possible? I blame capitalism and its side effects.

by Anonymousreply 103January 3, 2021 9:22 PM

^I blame the Kardashians for the insipid banality of 74 million Americans.

by Anonymousreply 104January 3, 2021 9:24 PM

Thanks, r102.

I'm fascinating my seatbelt

by Anonymousreply 105January 3, 2021 9:25 PM

Trump will say it's fake news and demand, demand the Republicans form a committee headed by Miss Lindsey to investigate what person/actor impersonated his voice.

by Anonymousreply 106January 3, 2021 9:27 PM

R104 Somewhat agree. America loves validating stupid people. Was it always like this?

by Anonymousreply 107January 3, 2021 9:27 PM

*fastening at r105

by Anonymousreply 108January 3, 2021 9:28 PM

Oh, I just assumed you had a fascinating lap, r108.

by Anonymousreply 109January 3, 2021 9:31 PM

fascinating my seat belt has nice ring to it too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 3, 2021 9:31 PM

Not sure -- to name yourself the "Know Nothings"? An actual political party.

And we loved The Three Stooges and snake-oil salesman from the git go.

Oh and those damned Puritans, putting gossips in the stocks or whatever - and listening to crazy evangelical preachers like Cotton Mather... Maybe I'm making these names up but I seem to remember a lot of nonsense from American history.

A bunch of wanderers came to a wilderness and tried to re-create some semblance of civilization that they'd left behind - more or less successfully. (some would say decidedly less)

by Anonymousreply 111January 3, 2021 9:31 PM

* I was trying to answer R107 - damn this thread moves fast.

by Anonymousreply 112January 3, 2021 9:32 PM

I fucking hate the sound of trump's lying voice but I'm listening to every word of this tape. Right now. Lying freak.

by Anonymousreply 113January 3, 2021 9:32 PM

Oh that scamp.....

by Anonymousreply 114January 3, 2021 9:32 PM

They say the 7th president, Andrew Jackson, let ordinary people into the White House after he was inaugurated. And they trashed the place.

We don't have the British class system (officially, anyway). Maybe that's why the place is a dump, with strip malls and trailer parks... Is any part of Britain like this?

by Anonymousreply 115January 3, 2021 9:33 PM

Me too r113

by Anonymousreply 116January 3, 2021 9:33 PM

Ain’t nothin’ gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 117January 3, 2021 9:34 PM

No, r107, the Gabors didn't involve themselves in politics.

by Anonymousreply 118January 3, 2021 9:35 PM

Trumpkins everywhere: “fake news! He didn’t asking Georgia to do anything but show the TRUE results of the election before it was STOLEN by the Venezuelan communists!”

by Anonymousreply 119January 3, 2021 9:37 PM

Trump Pressures Georgia Secretary Of State To Recount Election: ‘I Just Want To Find 11,780 Votes’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120January 3, 2021 9:37 PM

January 20, 2021

Attention NY AG Letitia James and NY DA Cyrus Vance:

Sic em! Go for the jugular!

by Anonymousreply 121January 3, 2021 9:37 PM

Che Guevara done did it. Working with Hugo. Git him outta Gawja.

by Anonymousreply 122January 3, 2021 9:39 PM

This proves what a horrible group of corrupt elected officials the Republican party has. They will turn a blind eye even for this, and will even conspire with Trump.

Accountability is the only way back to democracy because now the US is slipping fast into autocracy and fascism.

by Anonymousreply 123January 3, 2021 9:43 PM

In an earlier recording, Trump kept referring to "known scammer" Ruby Freeman. In the longer video, her name is bleeped out.

by Anonymousreply 124January 3, 2021 9:46 PM

Dick Durbin calling for a criminal investigation of the tape.

by Anonymousreply 125January 3, 2021 9:46 PM

I can see why they bleeped "Ruby Freeman"

These people are DANGEROUS. They are inciting violence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126January 3, 2021 9:48 PM

He becomes increasingly unhinged during the video

by Anonymousreply 127January 3, 2021 9:49 PM

Foxnews.com isn't even reporting it.

by Anonymousreply 128January 3, 2021 9:52 PM

Lol r128

But of course

by Anonymousreply 129January 3, 2021 9:53 PM

R128, of course. What are they talking about now - Hillary's emails? Hunter Bidens laptops? Only the most important things, natch

by Anonymousreply 130January 3, 2021 9:54 PM

[quote]Foxnews.com isn't even reporting it.

"Coming up next - that twerking gerbil video that's become an overnight internet sensation!"

by Anonymousreply 131January 3, 2021 9:55 PM

Dude's nearing a psychotic break. Live on tv would be wonderful because "nobody's ever seen anything like it".

by Anonymousreply 132January 3, 2021 9:56 PM

Now he's slamming Stacey Abrams

by Anonymousreply 133January 3, 2021 9:56 PM

I'm trying to listen to the full audio, but I can't do it. I would have hung up the phone on him after 5 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 134January 3, 2021 9:57 PM

It's in the WSJ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135January 3, 2021 9:59 PM

Now he's denigrating them. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 136January 3, 2021 9:59 PM

and here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137January 3, 2021 10:01 PM

Apparently the handful of Trumpentariat daring to respond are simply [bold]OUTRAGED!!!!1![/bold] that Raffensperger would tape record the president. Which is completely legal (if one party knows) under GA law.

That's really all they've got here.

by Anonymousreply 138January 3, 2021 10:04 PM

Of course Shitler would praise Ryan Germany's last name

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139January 3, 2021 10:04 PM

The CIA needs to take Trump out of the White House to the nearest wall and promptly Ceaușescu him.

by Anonymousreply 140January 3, 2021 10:07 PM

Who is Ruby Freeman?

by Anonymousreply 141January 3, 2021 10:07 PM

A Georgian election worker who is now the target of right-wing conspiracy theories r141

by Anonymousreply 142January 3, 2021 10:09 PM

Actually I'm hoping Trump will become so desperate and despondent he'll throw himself off the White House balcony.

by Anonymousreply 143January 3, 2021 10:09 PM

I'm nearing the end of the video. As it goes on, they start to answer him less. He is exhausting and they're not having it

by Anonymousreply 144January 3, 2021 10:09 PM

Fun fact: Raffensperger has received numerous death threats since November. Are we in any doubt he's the one who leaked the recording? (as one party on the call it would be legal for him to release it)

by Anonymousreply 145January 3, 2021 10:11 PM

Trump: I know this phone call's going nowhere

BAHAHAHAAAHAHAAAAAA

by Anonymousreply 146January 3, 2021 10:12 PM

R145 I think Brad R. released it on advice of counsel. Not doing so would come back to bite him, no?

by Anonymousreply 147January 3, 2021 10:15 PM

[quote][R145] I think Brad R. released it on advice of counsel. Not doing so would come back to bite him, no?

That's one theory I've heard is this tape is a form of insurance against retaliation.

And a damn good one at that.

by Anonymousreply 148January 3, 2021 10:16 PM

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

by Anonymousreply 149January 3, 2021 10:19 PM

He MUST have done this in other states, rights? Trying to overturn Georgia's results alone wouldn't give him the election, he'd need at least one more state to give him 270 electoral votes

by Anonymousreply 150January 3, 2021 10:20 PM

Please, he tried shit in MI, AZ, PA and WI.

by Anonymousreply 151January 3, 2021 10:22 PM

[quote] This proves what a horrible group of people Republicans all are.

R123, FTFY.

by Anonymousreply 152January 3, 2021 10:25 PM

I love the tidbit in the reply.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153January 3, 2021 10:25 PM

R139, real Germans on Trump: We don't know her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154January 3, 2021 10:28 PM

In 2011, a little-known group called GOProud was a sponsor of the Conservative Political Action Conference, the annual marquee event for the right. A staunchly right-wing, fiscally conservative group that also promoted a pro-life message, GOProud seemed like a great fit for the event. There was just one problem: GOProud's main function was as a gay-rights group.

Enter Cleta Mitchell.

Mitchell was, and is, on the board of the American Conservative Union, which runs CPAC. After calls from angry social-conservatives who threatened to boycott the event if GOProud was allowed to remain as a sponsor, Mitchell orchestrated a push to expel GOProud. It wasn't initially successful -- the group remained as a sponsor that year

But after that the 2011 conference, Al Cardenas succeeded David Keene as ACU president. With Mitchell's support, he called a vote of the board on whether or not GOProud should be allowed in CPAC. The board voted strongly in favor of banning the group.

GOProud has been absent ever since.

What makes Mitchell's role as a prime mover and shaker in conservative circles so fascinating, however, is that she hasn't always been a conservative -- or even a Republican. In fact, she entered politics as a liberal Democrat in a red state. From 1976 to 1984 she served as a representative in the Oklahoma State House, where she became the first woman in the U.S. to chair a state appropriations and budget committee.

When Mitchell first dove into hot-button social issues, it wasn't as a defender of traditional values. She was a driving force behind the passage of Oklahoma's Equal Rights Amendment.

Mitchell hasn't spoken at any length as to why she suddenly seemed to be a champion of these issues as of late -- and what brought her to the Beltway wasn't social issues or even fiscal issues but term limits (she was made head of the Term Limits Legal Institute in 1991) and most of her work since has focused on areas other than social policy. But her stance is ironic in light of her past.

Namely, her first husband was gay.

Mitchell married Duane Draper, who she met in the city of Norman in her home state of Oklahoma. In 1980, Draper moved to Massachusetts to take a teaching fellowship at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government. The couple divorced two years later in July 1982 on grounds of "incompatibility." (Mitchell's friend from the Oklahoma legislature, after hesitating, said she didn't feel comfortable discussing whether Draper's sexuality was a reason for the divorce.)

In 1988, Draper became director of the Massachusetts AIDS policy office. His interest wasn't just academic or humanitarian -- he himself contracted the disease. By the time he died of AIDS in 1991, Draper was living as an openly gay man. From his hospital bed, he told the Boston Globe that his support for AIDS victims and gay rights were two elements of a single mission to make life easier for "all AIDS people, especially gay men uncertain of how families, friends, and co-workers will take [their diagnosis]."

In 1984, Mitchell (nee Deatherage) married Dale Mitchell -- son of all-star left-fielder Dale Mitchell, who was the final strikeout in Don Larsen's 1956 World Series perfect game. As The Oklahoman noted at the time, Cleta Deatherage took her husband's last name, and in return he switched parties from Republican to Democrat -- even though she said after her retirement that she was finished with politics. But she couldn't resist the pull of elected office, and mounted an unsuccessful campaign for lieutenant governor in 1986.

Around the same time, the FBI began investigating Dale Mitchell for banking malpractice. In late 1992, he was convicted of five felony counts of conspiracy to defraud, misapplying bank funds and making false statements to banks and ordered to pay $3 million in restitution--something that his wife says convinced her that government had grown too big. By 1996, she had changed her party affiliation to independent, later changing it to Republican.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155January 3, 2021 10:30 PM

^ A Beard Scorned

by Anonymousreply 156January 3, 2021 10:33 PM

Ha ha!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157January 3, 2021 10:34 PM

[quote] Oh that scamp.....

[quote]—Repubican Party

*smile*

*shrug*

by Anonymousreply 158January 3, 2021 10:36 PM

Just finished listening. God damn he's an insufferable bore. How can anyone stand being around him?

Oh yes, tax cuts, guns, profits at the expense of all else, even the environment. Oppression of LGBT, women, people of color, and disregard for human rights. Loathsome freaks.

He's going out the way he came in, a lying conman grifter mob boss idiot pervert creep.

Damn deplorables and the goons who support him.

by Anonymousreply 159January 3, 2021 10:40 PM

R158, enough with this. Under Trump, the Democrats re-took the House, and impeached Trump. The Republicans refused to remove him. Then, in the middle of a pandemic, the Democrats defeated Trump, and now may be in the verge of re-taking the Senate, all in the face of Republican obstruction and voter suppression. What else were you expecting?

by Anonymousreply 160January 3, 2021 10:43 PM

this guy is a parasite.I listened to bloviating diatribe and agree. Georgian GOPers should never participate in an election again.

by Anonymousreply 161January 3, 2021 10:50 PM

I wonder if Senatrice Graham is on the fainting couch?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162January 3, 2021 10:51 PM

[quote] This proves what a horrible group of corrupt elected officials the Republican party has. They will turn a blind eye even for this, and will even conspire with Trump.

I’m a dyed in the wool Democrat, but this is totally unfair. The officials pushing back on this and saying no to Trump ARE Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 163January 3, 2021 10:56 PM

Didn't Lindsey try to overturn the Georgia results as well?

by Anonymousreply 164January 3, 2021 10:56 PM

Yeah. It's democrat --, i.e., those who believe in democracy, versus cultists now. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 165January 3, 2021 10:57 PM

CNN is playing long clips of this unhinged phone call. Dump is rambling and ranting just like he does at his rallies.

by Anonymousreply 166January 3, 2021 10:58 PM

R163 Horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 167January 3, 2021 10:58 PM

Where did he think 12,000 votes were hiding?

by Anonymousreply 168January 3, 2021 10:58 PM

He trotted out every conspiracy theory in the book. "Dead people voting!" "Machines flipping votes!" " "Oversees ballots being flipped!" "Corrupt Democrat poll workers!" "Ballot dumps!" "People moving to Georgia just to vote!" "Shredded ballots!" "Machines being removed under the cover of night!"

by Anonymousreply 169January 3, 2021 11:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170January 3, 2021 11:02 PM

And there's Ted Cruz and Lindseybelle Graham and McConnell with their heads still up trump's ass, going to go onto the Senate floor tomorrow, and further make fools of themselves. Anybody who supports this idiocy should be impeached, tried for treason, and executed.

by Anonymousreply 171January 3, 2021 11:03 PM

[quote] Where did he think 12,000 votes were hiding?

Melania's cavernous vag.

by Anonymousreply 172January 3, 2021 11:04 PM

[quote] Have they removed the inner parts of the machines and replaced them with other parts?

All this shit he keeps obsessing over is what he’s been burning up the phone lines with Rudy and that nutcase lawyer Sidney Powell about for weeks now. They’re ginning each other up with conspiracy theories and getting more agitated every day. They’re all certifiable (and add Peter Navarro to the list too.)

Dump attracts loons like moths to a flame.

by Anonymousreply 173January 3, 2021 11:05 PM

Why was Celeta Mitchell on the call? I know she’s an instigator but was it a party line? Was she in the room where it happened?

by Anonymousreply 174January 3, 2021 11:07 PM

Dominion is suing those who fraudulently allege cheating

by Anonymousreply 175January 3, 2021 11:07 PM

R167 is an example of how the left and the right both have reality-denying fanatics in their ranks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176January 3, 2021 11:08 PM

Playing on CNN. Again how many people participated in rallies. What?? He should be prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 177January 3, 2021 11:08 PM

Raffensperger is most definitely GOP. The handful of Republicans who've had the nerve to oppose this election lunacy have been denounced as traitors.

Steve Schmidt has said the handful of sane Republicans left after Wednesday will be purged from the party in an instant, completing the conversion of the GOP to Trumpland.

by Anonymousreply 178January 3, 2021 11:11 PM

[quote] Where did he think 12,000 votes were hiding?

Has he checked under the couch cushions?

by Anonymousreply 179January 3, 2021 11:13 PM

Dan Rather had the best response.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180January 3, 2021 11:14 PM

[quote] Dump attracts loons like moths to a flame.

He’s like flypaper for freaks.

by Anonymousreply 181January 3, 2021 11:14 PM

Carol Leonnig says Cleta Mitchell was on the call, R174.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182January 3, 2021 11:14 PM

Now he's really lost it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183January 3, 2021 11:14 PM

First, Bootsy-Gumdrop says, "Lifelong Liberal Democrat here who voted for Obama twice AND Hillary, but this is unfair to the good Republicans," and now he's going, "BOTH SIDES! BOTH SIDES!!!"?!?!???

Very shocking to see his true colors.

by Anonymousreply 184January 3, 2021 11:15 PM

They got Scaramucci to CNN. He needs attention?

by Anonymousreply 185January 3, 2021 11:16 PM

[quote] Steve Schmidt has said the handful of sane Republicans left after Wednesday will be purged from the party in an instant, completing the conversion of the GOP to Trumpland.

How are they going to be purged, can the party actually expel them? So that we'd end up with Mitch McConnell-I KY, Mitt Romney I-UT, Pat Toomey I-PA, etc.?

by Anonymousreply 186January 3, 2021 11:17 PM

I have a gut feeling this tape release is somehow related to the Georgia run offs.

Like don’t fuck with the results.

by Anonymousreply 187January 3, 2021 11:19 PM

Steve Schmidt is predicting the Repug party will be destroyed by the Trumpists, and will split into a Pro Democracy remnant and an Autocratic/Fascist cult. The thread is worth reading.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188January 3, 2021 11:24 PM

So I was surprised to read this call was yesterday.

Somebody moved fast.

by Anonymousreply 189January 3, 2021 11:26 PM

I bet Mika is fingering herself right this minute and Joe is panting in anticipation of tomorrow morning's show.

by Anonymousreply 190January 3, 2021 11:26 PM

Carl Bernstein was interviewed on CNN earlier and said that Trump is worse than Nixon.

by Anonymousreply 191January 3, 2021 11:28 PM

He’s a QAnon conspiracy nutcase surrounded by a cabal of fellow looneys (Rudy, Lin Wood, Sidney Powell, Mike Flynn, Peter Navarro etc. etc.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192January 3, 2021 11:45 PM

This further demonstrates how important it is that americans turn out in every election. And, it demonstrates how important it is that, in general elections, we Vote Blue No Matter Who.

I'm not a fan at all of moderate centrists like Biden or DL fave Buttigieg (whom I find morally repulsive). But u.s. primary elections are where a person should vote their conscience. In general elections, the stakes are now a pro-democracy party vs. a pro-autocracy party.

by Anonymousreply 193January 3, 2021 11:46 PM

Part II

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194January 3, 2021 11:46 PM

Nixon was pardon but his filth remained and festered for 50 years. These are his people and legacy defecating on democracy.

by Anonymousreply 195January 3, 2021 11:47 PM

What's wrong with you that you think someone like Buttigieg is morally repulsive? Fight the real enemy

by Anonymousreply 196January 3, 2021 11:48 PM

The Presidential Medal of Freedom obviously means nothing now. Gym Jordan? Gross.

by Anonymousreply 197January 3, 2021 11:49 PM

“That’s what the rumor is, they shredded ballots. Also moved the inner parts of the Dominion machines.”

He’s fucking insane.

by Anonymousreply 198January 3, 2021 11:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199January 3, 2021 11:55 PM

Rep. Adam Kinzinger:

This is absolutely appalling. To every member of Congress considering objecting to the election results, you cannot- in light of this- do so with a clean conscience. #RestoreOurGOP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200January 3, 2021 11:56 PM

[quote]He’s fucking insane.

Sadly, not hyperbole.

by Anonymousreply 201January 3, 2021 11:56 PM

Trump is being true to from. A thug, a bully and a criminal.

by Anonymousreply 202January 3, 2021 11:57 PM

Okay, adjusting my tinfoil hat and my concern earmuffs but hear me out...

Is there any chance, at all, that this is a plan to throw the Georgia seats to the Repugs through cheating and then using this as cover?

"See, look how above board we are here in the Georgia State Government. We even turned on Trump lickety-split! We are angels of democracy, so don't even question it next week when Perdue and Loeffler magically win by lots and lots of last minute votes in races they've been behind in for a month now! Remember, angels of democracy. That's us!"

by Anonymousreply 203January 4, 2021 12:00 AM

Cleta Mitchell needs to be fired from Foley AND disbarred immediately.

Can't wait to hear how QAnon spins Trump awarding the PMF to molester-protector Gym Jordan.

by Anonymousreply 204January 4, 2021 12:00 AM

[quote]How are they going to be purged, can the party actually expel them? So that we'd end up with Mitch McConnell-I KY, Mitt Romney I-UT, Pat Toomey I-PA, etc.?

Primaried in 2022. Anybody who Donald doesn't like, he'll pull a certified lunatic out of Qanon land to primary them, and in many GOP districts that psycho will likely win.

What they're not considering of course is what happens to the balance of power if just a few GOP Senators, e.g. Romney, Murkowski, Sasse - turn independent and caucus with the Dems.

by Anonymousreply 205January 4, 2021 12:00 AM

R196

I'm informed. I don't know if that counts as "something wrong with me" in your view.

The point of my post was that the stakes in general elections are now democracy itself and that the real enemy in general elections are republicans and that all moderates and all progressives should Vote Blue No Matter Who even if they're centrist corporate tools like Buttigieg. I was encouraging support for the likes of him in general elections even though I loathe him.

I'm thinking that you didn't actually read my post... You know that you can't vote against republicans in democratic primaries, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206January 4, 2021 12:00 AM

R202 And mentally unstable and unhinged. But he’ll be gone in two weeks, relegated to brooding and obsessing from MAL in between golf rounds...only no one will care anymore.

by Anonymousreply 207January 4, 2021 12:01 AM

[quote] He’s a QAnon conspiracy nutcase

Trump? Absolutely not. He doesn’t believe any of that garbage. He spews it because it benefits him. Never forget that Trump has a strictly transactional relationship with the truth.

by Anonymousreply 208January 4, 2021 12:02 AM

R208 He wants “to find 11,780 votes.”

by Anonymousreply 209January 4, 2021 12:05 AM

1, I keep thinking this is for when Loeffler and Purdue lose on Tuesday--he'll start claiming that election was fixed too.

2. Twitters are freaking out that he said "I have other states lined up too" LOL--it's like when the realtor says "You'd better make an offer soon, I have several other people who are interested in this house."

3. Where TF is W? It's his chance to actually make up for some of the crap he pulled when he was president. And yet, total silence. He needs to put out a statement with Cheney saying this is like trying to overthrow the Constitution.

4. In the long run, this is not a bad development--it's driving everyone by the most hardcore Trumpists from the party ad splitting the GOP senators and representatives into two camps.

by Anonymousreply 210January 4, 2021 12:07 AM

I hope both Dems win their races by a total 11,780 votes just so every media site in the country can run with the headline: WE FOUND THEM!

by Anonymousreply 211January 4, 2021 12:07 AM

[quote] he said "I have other states lined up too"

Oh shit, I didn’t even catch that one.

by Anonymousreply 212January 4, 2021 12:08 AM

He’s done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213January 4, 2021 12:10 AM

“The exchange could land the president in hot water legally.”

But we know it won’t.

by Anonymousreply 214January 4, 2021 12:12 AM

R214 Don’t be too sure.

by Anonymousreply 215January 4, 2021 12:13 AM

I don't know how some of you can listen to him for an hour. I listened to the 4 minute excerpt and I barely survived. Looking for a transcript.

POTUS sounds like a two bit mob boss. And true to form POS deplorables don't see a problem.

by Anonymousreply 216January 4, 2021 12:14 AM

The moment GOP Senators start objecting to the certifications on Wednesday they should play this phone call on a loop at 120 dB in the Senate chamber.

by Anonymousreply 217January 4, 2021 12:15 AM

Believe me, r215, there’s nothing in this world I’d enjoy more.

But, to date, there has been a grand total of zero repercussions for his actions.

None.

An attempt to overthrow the will of the people and install himself as a dictator is going without consequences.

by Anonymousreply 218January 4, 2021 12:15 AM

R218 People are tired. Even he’s gone too far.

by Anonymousreply 219January 4, 2021 12:16 AM

"Coming up next on Fox News - how to recycle Christmas leftovers until June!"

by Anonymousreply 220January 4, 2021 12:18 AM

R206, you have to do some pretty big stretching to pretend being a centrist is "morally repugnant"

I'd say it's pretty repugnant to bitch about Dems on a thread about Republicans committing treason

by Anonymousreply 221January 4, 2021 12:19 AM

[quote] [R208] He wants “to find 11,780 votes.”

That just supports what I said — he has a transactional relationship with the truth. It doesn’t mean he actually believes the truly crazed QAnon mental diarrhea.

by Anonymousreply 222January 4, 2021 12:21 AM

Fun fact:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223January 4, 2021 12:21 AM

R222 Oh, totally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224January 4, 2021 12:22 AM

[quote] He doesn’t believe any of that garbage. He spews it because it benefits him.

Of course he believes all this shit. Listen to the tape.

by Anonymousreply 225January 4, 2021 12:23 AM

I'm starting to think he really does believe some of this shit after listening to the tape.

by Anonymousreply 226January 4, 2021 12:24 AM

Also a felony under state law in GA. In case President Shithead tries to pardon his way out of this.

by Anonymousreply 227January 4, 2021 12:24 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228January 4, 2021 12:28 AM

Carl Bernstein:

In any other conceivable moment in US history, this tape would result in the leadership of both parties demanding the immediate resignation of the President of the United States.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229January 4, 2021 12:30 AM

The next 17 days are going to be so fucking awful. Desperation and treason all day every day.

by Anonymousreply 230January 4, 2021 12:33 AM

I love how desperate the fascists are to change the subject.

by Anonymousreply 231January 4, 2021 12:34 AM

poorly spoken, repetitive and belligerent.

A grifting low life but not insane.

Why do Republicans hate America and democracy?

by Anonymousreply 232January 4, 2021 12:35 AM

R221

I actually don't need to stretch anything to acknowledge that being a centrist is morally repugnant.

I was not "bitching about Dems". I was flatly stating that I'm opposed to moderate Democrats as part of making the point that, regardless, it's important to Vote Blue No Matter Who in general elections.

My point was on-topic by indicating that the stakes of general elections are democracy vs. autocracy and my point actually encouraged support for your loathsome, centrist object of worship in general elections. You're de-railing the thread and I won't respond to you again.

by Anonymousreply 233January 4, 2021 12:36 AM

MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! r230

by Anonymousreply 234January 4, 2021 12:37 AM

He’s losing his shit, lol. (Pretty sure he dictated this.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235January 4, 2021 12:40 AM

The next step will be using the military. There’s a reason all the living defense secretaries-led by Dick Cheney-have released a statement saying that the military must never be used for political reasons and to overturn an election. What do they know that compelled them to write that?

by Anonymousreply 236January 4, 2021 12:40 AM

Fox is focusing on the really important things:

Rehashing Benghazi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237January 4, 2021 12:40 AM

R233 has stated her boundaries!

by Anonymousreply 238January 4, 2021 12:41 AM

R238

Yes, she has.

Yes. She. Has.

by Anonymousreply 239January 4, 2021 12:42 AM

When rats attack (Miss Jason Miller)

And the full recording will show that @GaSecofState is still a hack, @realDonaldTrump is spot-on in his criticisms of the terrible job Raffensperger did, all of the officials running Georgia’s elections are trash, and @POTUS won the state. #MAGA

by Anonymousreply 240January 4, 2021 12:47 AM

I genuinely don’t think Republicans realize they are unhinged

by Anonymousreply 241January 4, 2021 12:50 AM

Now Lin Wood is threatening to murder Raffensperger. Because of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242January 4, 2021 12:54 AM

No they don’t. They put Trump before their own party and integrity. The repercussions of their actions will reverberate within their party for decades. They are literally destroying themselves over Trump! One of the most unethical, immoral, losers that ever existed. Sad

by Anonymousreply 243January 4, 2021 12:56 AM

I think he has given the same spiel to other states - this is the first recorded one.

by Anonymousreply 244January 4, 2021 12:57 AM

Do we think Gym Jordan will roll down his shirtsleeves and don his suit jacket to accept his big medal?

by Anonymousreply 245January 4, 2021 12:57 AM

These senators and congresspersons don't give a fuck about Donald Trump - but they are scared to death of the millions of people who voted for the dumbass. They have to go back to their states and they want to tell them "I did what I could.....I couldn't win against the swamp......"

Please please vote for me again.

by Anonymousreply 246January 4, 2021 12:58 AM

I have a different theory. The Georgia Secretary of State deserves the nation’s highest honor.

I suspect the GA call idea was hatched between the WH and Ted Cruz, leader of the “let’s delay certification for ten days while we examine fraud claims” caucus.

The call was yesterday.

The House and Senate meet Wednesday. Had it gone as planned; the call stayed hidden; and GA announced tomorrow evening or Tuesday that they’d just discovered the high likelihood that, say, 25,000 pro-Trump votes had been fraudulently suppressed, all hell would have broken loose in Congress the next day.

The claim from a Republican of Raffenperger’s rectitude likely would have caused every Republican (and Joe Manchin) to vote for Cruz’s investigatory delay. Nancy only has a six seat margin in the House. The WH would have worked round the clock to turn a handful of vulnerable Dems. There would have been no immediate certification of Biden’s win while a whole slew of fraud claims were being “investigated.”

What would have happened after ten days, I’ve no idea.

by Anonymousreply 247January 4, 2021 1:00 AM

What’s scarier, R242, are the responses. I already reported a handful.

by Anonymousreply 248January 4, 2021 1:00 AM

Why couldn't he make this phone call from Florida? Why did he have to go back to DC to make it (and the others we don't know about yet)?

by Anonymousreply 249January 4, 2021 1:05 AM

Iss locker ruhm tok, iss all

by Anonymousreply 250January 4, 2021 1:05 AM

Cleta Mitchell's Wikipedia entry currently begins "Cleta B. Deatherage Mitchell (born September 16, 1950) is an American lawyer, politician and traitor."

by Anonymousreply 251January 4, 2021 1:06 AM

Someone "off camera" in the room with him was feeding him lines. That legal bit added on about "I'm informing you that that's what you've done" has the bad-breath stench of Ghouliana all over it.

by Anonymousreply 252January 4, 2021 1:07 AM

I love Noel Casler

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253January 4, 2021 1:07 AM

This call doesn't sound substantially different from the ones Miss Lindsey made in mid-November to Georgia’s Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger and to officials in Arizona and Nevada.

by Anonymousreply 254January 4, 2021 1:08 AM

Trump's suing over the leaked tape!

Oh dear god this is so stupid and messy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255January 4, 2021 1:09 AM

R218 the reason he hasn’t faced any real consequences is because he had the Senate Rs and the AG in his pocket. And prior to his presidency, the law didn’t see it as worth the effort to go after him for financial crimes. The presidency has drawn scrutiny to his behavior.

His presidency is ending. If a state AG wants to go after him, they can. The Senate Republicans can’t do anything about that.

by Anonymousreply 256January 4, 2021 1:10 AM

Nothing on John Ossoff Twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257January 4, 2021 1:11 AM

What's the big deal of Georgia to djt? He still loses anyway.

by Anonymousreply 258January 4, 2021 1:15 AM

From the writer of the article, Amy Garnder, on Twitter regarding Trump claiming it was a confidential settlement meeting.

This is false. We published the entirety of the call, from start to finish. There is no mention of it being a confidential settlement meeting. None.

by Anonymousreply 259January 4, 2021 1:15 AM

Another lawsuit from Trump... yawn. What’s that gonna be, his 57th court loss since the election, or something?

by Anonymousreply 260January 4, 2021 1:18 AM

What good is suing going to do?

The information is now out there for all to hear.

by Anonymousreply 261January 4, 2021 1:20 AM

Probably to get more fools to part with their money and fund more of his grift.

by Anonymousreply 262January 4, 2021 1:21 AM

As of Saturday they're 0 for 60 in the courts. Why not make it 61?

by Anonymousreply 263January 4, 2021 1:21 AM

When dump has nothing else, he threatens to sue

But what is his possible complaint? That it was ungentlemanly to release the tape?

by Anonymousreply 264January 4, 2021 1:21 AM

A confidential settlement meeting without the requisite lawyers present? The sad thing is there are plenty of dumbasses ready to buy and sell that.

by Anonymousreply 265January 4, 2021 1:22 AM

A settlement? For what?

by Anonymousreply 266January 4, 2021 1:24 AM

[quote]But what is his possible complaint? That it was ungentlemanly to release the tape?

Sounds like they might fall back on the old "[bold]OMG NASHUNUL SEKURITEEEE!"[/bold] attack.

Or maybe they'll try saying that a lawyer in the room made the entire conversation protected under attorney-client privilege (pro tip: it doesn't)

They've got nothing that won't be laughed out of court, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 267January 4, 2021 1:26 AM

For one of the many Hail Mary frivolous election lawsuits the Trump team keeps filing.

by Anonymousreply 268January 4, 2021 1:26 AM

What are his grounds for suing? None. It’s an embarrassing phone call for all involved.

by Anonymousreply 269January 4, 2021 1:38 AM

I need to know how Brendad has reacted to this new turn of events?

by Anonymousreply 270January 4, 2021 1:44 AM

If the republican party or its members had ANY dignity, they would disband the entire party and start a new one.

by Anonymousreply 271January 4, 2021 1:44 AM

There's a transcript, too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272January 4, 2021 1:51 AM

I just finished listening to the recording. I hope Dominion Sue's the ever loving fuck out of Anusmouth. Sues him until his Deplorable base have auctioned off their boats and trailers, sold their kids and grandkids, and bartered away their food stamps and have NOTHING left to send to this traitorous, fat, piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 273January 4, 2021 1:54 AM

They'll always have meth and Mountain Dew, R273. Will Trump's campaign accept those in lieu of money?

by Anonymousreply 274January 4, 2021 1:56 AM

Trump Caught on Recorded Call w/Georgia Sec. of State Trying to Steal Votes from Georgia Voters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275January 4, 2021 1:56 AM

GOP stategist and co-founder of the Lincoln Project Steve Schmidt has said today that the GOP will split and become two parties. From it will emerge a fascist party:

"The die is cast for the Republican Party. It will be destroyed on January 6th in much the same way the Whig party was destroyed by the passage of the Kansas-Nebraska Act in 1854. The act unraveled the Missouri compromise and allowed for the westward expansion of slavery. The party could not survive its factionalism. There could be no more accommodation, compromise and partnership between pro-slavery and anti-slavery Whigs. A new political party was born, the Republican Party. That party will divide into irreconcilable factions on January 6th. The 6th will commence a political civil war inside the GOP. The autocratic side will roll over the pro-democracy remnant of the GOP like the Wehrmacht did the Belgian Army in 1940. The ‘22 GOP primary season will be a blood letting. The 6th will be a loyalty test. The purge will follow. Does anybody doubt the outcome of the @IvankaTrump vs. @marcorubio primary in Florida? Anyone willing to make a bet on @robportman? It turns out JFK was right. The problem of trying to ride the tiger is the likelihood of winding up inside the tiger. The poisonous fruit from four years of collaboration and complicity with Trumps insanity, illiberalism and incompetence are ready for harvest. It will kill the GOP because it’s Pro Democracy faction and Autocratic factions can no more exist together then could the Whig Party hold together. The abolitionist with the Slave master. It won’t happen over night but the destination is clear. The Conservative party in America is dead. It may continue to bear the name “Republican” but it will be no such thing. Fascism has indeed come to America and as was once predicted. It is wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross. This movement must be defeated. It cannot be appeased, accommodated or negotiated with. It must be recognized for what it is and we must all recognize the new age of American politics it has wrought. It has reset the debate. Entirely. There are only two sides in American politics now. There is the American side and the Autocratic side. May God help us all if we falter, flag or fail in defense of American democracy."

by Anonymousreply 276January 4, 2021 1:58 AM

Trump’s attorneys ducked up by not saying at the outset the call should not be recorded or was attorney client privileged. But it wasn’t even about litigation. It was purely for the President to put pressure and he is on tape requesting they find him bites and declare him the winner. I am glad they published the full transcript because it protects the press, the SOS and his attorney.

by Anonymousreply 277January 4, 2021 2:00 AM

R277 - you assume the WH didn’t record the call?

by Anonymousreply 278January 4, 2021 2:13 AM

When Biden gets in office, he better do something with all these people

Anyone who has been involved in this or is office and abides this needs to be prosecuted.

Mitch Mcconnell can actually refuse to seat the new members of the Senate. Lincoln did it to anyone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279January 4, 2021 2:15 AM

Who cares if the WH recorded it? Unless there is an advisement about attorney client, it’s not privileged. The substance of the call was also not privileged.

by Anonymousreply 280January 4, 2021 2:16 AM

There is no attorney-client privilege when non-clients are present, there was nothing confidential about the call, and Trump leaked the contents of the call first.

by Anonymousreply 281January 4, 2021 2:16 AM

They should play the hour call in the Congress. For every objection!

by Anonymousreply 282January 4, 2021 2:18 AM

He's violated his oath by trying to overturn the will of the voters and not supporting the laws of this country. He has a HIGHER obligation, not a lower one. Impeach him.

by Anonymousreply 283January 4, 2021 2:18 AM

[quote] Trump’s attorneys ducked up by not saying at the outset the call should not be recorded or was attorney client privileged

The White House made the call and I'm sure they mentioned the call was being recorded and Raffensburger said, "the same on our end"

My company makes thousands of calls out of Georgia every single day, and the first thing we say is, "You're on a recorded line". That's the only disclaimer we need

by Anonymousreply 284January 4, 2021 2:18 AM

They didn't even need a disclaimer. DC, GA, and the federal law all require only 1-party consent to recording a call.

by Anonymousreply 285January 4, 2021 2:20 AM

He is standing in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shooting America, and he won't lose any supporters, okay? It's, like, incredible.

by Anonymousreply 286January 4, 2021 2:20 AM

You only need to get consent when calling into two party consent states:

"two-party consent" laws have been adopted in California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington.

by Anonymousreply 287January 4, 2021 2:22 AM

I am sure Trump asked the other 5 states to cheat and find votes. Those calls should also be released.

by Anonymousreply 288January 4, 2021 2:22 AM

I wouldn't even be surprised to find out that he was goaded by someone from the WH inner circle who's getting fed up with his antics and is trying to save their own skin while pretending to be on board with his childish tantrums.

by Anonymousreply 289January 4, 2021 2:24 AM

[quote] [R277] - you assume the WH didn’t record the call?

???

by Anonymousreply 290January 4, 2021 2:28 AM

The press should be laser-focused right now on trying to get people to come forward from the other States Trump is trying to fuck with about his illegal calls to their officials.

by Anonymousreply 291January 4, 2021 2:32 AM

I posted this in the other thread, but Dump isn’t messing with the other states because they’re run by Dems. I’m sure their leadership is fine with the Secretaries of State not taking his calls.

by Anonymousreply 292January 4, 2021 2:40 AM

I hope Raffensberger has someone checking his bed for horses' heads before his wife turns in at night.

On a lighter note, anyone furious at Trump's recent behavior who hasn't gone to the Twitter of @MrJoeKeenan and watched the video pinned at the top, really should.

by Anonymousreply 293January 4, 2021 2:40 AM

The press won't though, R293. They only keep repeating the word "unprecedented" and waiting breathlessly for Dump's next move or tweet. They no longer investigate jack.

by Anonymousreply 294January 4, 2021 2:42 AM

It was a perfect call, I was talking election with my friends in Georgia!

by Anonymousreply 295January 4, 2021 2:44 AM

"I posted this in the other thread, but Dump isn’t messing with the other states because they’re run by Dems. I’m sure their leadership is fine with the Secretaries of State not taking his calls."

Arizona has a Republican governor

by Anonymousreply 296January 4, 2021 2:44 AM

John Dean is saying Trump released the recordings, since the WH voices are the clear voices in the tape.

by Anonymousreply 297January 4, 2021 2:46 AM

R187, the tape was made yesterday. Not releasing it now would be insane.

by Anonymousreply 298January 4, 2021 2:49 AM

So, is Trump suing himself??

In the state's with Dem governors, you know he called Repug leadership in those state legisilatures.

by Anonymousreply 299January 4, 2021 2:49 AM

The recording does sound like it’s from Dump’s end. Notice no one else is in the room, not even Mark Meadows.

by Anonymousreply 300January 4, 2021 2:49 AM

I don't think Trump released the tape, but someone in the white house probably did...

by Anonymousreply 301January 4, 2021 2:53 AM

Why would Trump release something so incriminating? Even if he was too dumb to know how bad it was, surely the WH lawyers would have stopped him.

by Anonymousreply 302January 4, 2021 2:54 AM

Putin has the White House bugged and HE released the recording!

by Anonymousreply 303January 4, 2021 2:56 AM

He wouldn't know how to release a "tape".

by Anonymousreply 304January 4, 2021 2:57 AM

This will be forgotten by Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 305January 4, 2021 2:59 AM

Front page of tomorrow's New York Times:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306January 4, 2021 3:02 AM

He thinks he's invincible but he's actually self-destructive. He'll never work in that town again.

by Anonymousreply 307January 4, 2021 3:03 AM

If it came from the WH, this could one of two sources: a staffer who's got no fucks left to give; or psycho Donny releasing this himself as a flex or dare.

by Anonymousreply 308January 4, 2021 3:04 AM

Jim Sciutto (CNN):

I’ve witnessed leaders lie, cheat and threaten to steal elections from Russia to Iran to Zimbabwe. I did not expect to see an American leader attempt to do the same and with so many lawmakers - elected in that very same election, no less - willing to play along.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309January 4, 2021 3:06 AM

Now this is just getting seriously stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310January 4, 2021 3:06 AM

Georgia is a one party consent conversation recording law. So presumably Raffensburger recorded it.

Hell if the president was threatening me the way Trump was threatening him, I would release it too, just to protect myself.

If not, maybe someone in Trump’s office recorded it and leaked it.

by Anonymousreply 311January 4, 2021 3:07 AM

R235 “many calls and many meetings” 😂

by Anonymousreply 312January 4, 2021 3:07 AM

R310, in that case, I can't wait until the Secret Service comes to arrest Trump.

by Anonymousreply 313January 4, 2021 3:09 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314January 4, 2021 3:11 AM

[quote] Trump's suing over the leaked tape!

Yes. Yessss, my pretty... do continue to unravel.

by Anonymousreply 315January 4, 2021 3:12 AM

Rudy's ripping on Arizona.....you just know Trump tried to shake down AZ as well

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316January 4, 2021 3:13 AM

Andrew Weissmann (Counsel for the Mueller Investigation):

Can anyone not understand now that this GA call, and the Ukraine call, are the tip of the Trump iceberg? More to come, surely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317January 4, 2021 3:16 AM

R306 I’m jerking off to this.

[quote]There are only two sides in American politics now. There is the American side and the Autocratic side. May God help us all if we falter, flag or fail in defense of American democracy."

R276 Scary fucking times.

So, the released recording came from inside the White House? Too perfect.

by Anonymousreply 318January 4, 2021 3:22 AM

[quote] and he won't lose any supporters, okay?

I think eventually something truly horrible and irrefutable is going leak re: Trump. Not today or tomorrow, but down the road. Even his supporters (not all of them) will turn from him and pretend they were never part of the MAGA cult. Just a hunch!

by Anonymousreply 319January 4, 2021 3:24 AM

I want this on top forever along with all the other threads delving into “I just want to find 11780 votes.”

We’re mighty active tonight, aren’t we?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320January 4, 2021 3:32 AM

That son of a bitch Bill Barr is lucky he got out when he did.

by Anonymousreply 321January 4, 2021 3:34 AM

So has this tape release stopped the momentum of R senators joining Cruz et al. on the 6th? I would have expected Lindsay, Cotton, and a few others to jump on the bandwagon, but it seems they're holding back.

Will any of the original 11 backtrack?

by Anonymousreply 322January 4, 2021 3:35 AM

Committing treason, sedition, and election fraud is "nothing wrong" to a mobster working for Putin.

by Anonymousreply 323January 4, 2021 3:38 AM

R322 I swear, tomorrow can’t get here soon enough!

by Anonymousreply 324January 4, 2021 3:43 AM

Erick Erickson:

This phone call is bad and Republicans in GA are worried about its impact on the election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325January 4, 2021 3:44 AM

Don’t call me to the phone unless it’s Liza calling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326January 4, 2021 3:45 AM

Here comes Chanel Rion with the dumbest take!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327January 4, 2021 3:45 AM

R325 Good.

by Anonymousreply 328January 4, 2021 3:45 AM

I'd never thought I'd agree with anything coming from the mouth of Rion: a President trying to commit a criminal act *is* a matter of national security.

by Anonymousreply 329January 4, 2021 3:48 AM

They need to run this story on a loop tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 330January 4, 2021 3:51 AM

Everybody is chiming in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331January 4, 2021 3:54 AM

Jake Tapper has HAD IT WITH YOUR BULLSHIT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332January 4, 2021 4:00 AM

Tapper is on fire!

by Anonymousreply 333January 4, 2021 4:01 AM

R332 Chiiiile...

by Anonymousreply 334January 4, 2021 4:01 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335January 4, 2021 4:08 AM

The NYC network flagship stations all led with this story tonight or featured it heavily second or third.

by Anonymousreply 336January 4, 2021 4:15 AM

The CNN article with the transcript won’t link, but you can read it through the link in this tweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337January 4, 2021 4:19 AM

^ Meant to add I can't wait to see what the network morning shows do with it. When the flagship stations lead locally with a national story in the evening you can usually expect to see it featured nationally in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 338January 4, 2021 4:20 AM

Well yes I would expect this brazen criminal act by the President to be front and center for a while. The NYT cover has already been posted.

by Anonymousreply 339January 4, 2021 4:25 AM

Rachel is probably levitating in prolonged orgasm. Kind of a bummer this had to come out on a Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 340January 4, 2021 4:27 AM

Love Albert Brooks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341January 4, 2021 4:29 AM

Trump sounds very unhinged in the audio, but I don't think it's a request to do anything illegal when you look at the long-winded context that it is in. Trump goes on and on about alleged voting problems. After that he mentioned the number of votes that someone would need to "find" to flip the outcome, but it's after his laundry list of where he thinks that they could be lawfully be found.

by Anonymousreply 342January 4, 2021 4:46 AM

He's tweeting Fox videos but has not mentioned the leaked call.

by Anonymousreply 343January 4, 2021 4:46 AM

R342, GTFOH, for real.

by Anonymousreply 344January 4, 2021 4:50 AM

Why are people on here saying the WH released the recording? That makes no sense, either logically or logistically. It’s clear it came from the Georgia SoS’s office.

by Anonymousreply 345January 4, 2021 4:54 AM

I'm still listening to this and it's complete lunacy. Everyone on the line with him knows he's nuts. Brad has told him repeatedly that what Trump is saying isn't accurate.

Another woman on the call repeatedly says to him, if he has other information that they don't have to please give it to them and he says they don't need to see his stuff.

Everyone that supports him should listen to this in its entirety

by Anonymousreply 346January 4, 2021 4:56 AM

r337, no you need to hear him. No reading transcripts but this is so amazing to hear his voice.

He says he knows this phone call is going nowhere. How wrong he was.

by Anonymousreply 347January 4, 2021 4:58 AM

R342

🙄

Many prominent lawyers, including several former federal prosecutors, have already weighed in on tRump’s criminality in regard to what he said. Not sure that your strained interpretation of the supposedly benign nature of the call holds up to even the most minimal scrutiny.

by Anonymousreply 348January 4, 2021 4:59 AM

John Dean is of the belief that Trump released the tape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349January 4, 2021 5:03 AM

Exactly r348!!! That poster should explain to us their understanding of the law, and then a script of someone breaking this law. How could any human being be soooooooo utterly stupid that they cannot see what is right in front of their eyes???? He is CRIMING, in real-time. What does that poster think, that when a crime occurs, the lighting suddenly and dramatically changes to scarlet and a spooky soundtrack a la Scooby-Doo kicks in???

by Anonymousreply 350January 4, 2021 5:05 AM

R342 is probably Dan Abrams, who said on TV tonight that while Trump's call was "morally wrong," it was likely not criminal. But Abrams goes on automatic pilot with that same line every time Trump does something criminal, so I always wait for other lawyers to weigh in.

by Anonymousreply 351January 4, 2021 5:08 AM

Some people were asking for full audio. Been listening to it. Hope it’s not paywalled

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352January 4, 2021 5:10 AM

My guess is that both tRump and the GA Secretary of State were on speakerphones. TRump so he could flip thru his “notes” (hear how deliberately he reads the words “11,780 votes”) and Raffensperger so he could be joined by his counsel, Ryan. Who knows how distant from tRump’s side the others were.

An iPhone, propped up in front of the GA telephone speaker would record tRump’s voice more loudly than anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 353January 4, 2021 5:23 AM

Interesting r349, I also noticed his voice was incredibly clear and it made me wonder if someone in the room happened to record it, or maybe someone at a switchboard.

by Anonymousreply 354January 4, 2021 5:25 AM

R353, media provide numerous portals to upload sensitive stories that can protect one’s identity. I had a news tip that I sent to major outlets a few months ago, I believe I had a VPN, Signal, and a pGp code or whatever. Highly secure.

by Anonymousreply 355January 4, 2021 5:35 AM

Thanks R355

by Anonymousreply 356January 4, 2021 5:39 AM

With all due respect to John Dean, he doesn’t know what the fuck he’s talking about. R353 has it right.

And Raffensberger threatened to release the tape—or hinted at it—once Trump Tweeted about the phone call this morning. And then reporter Kaitlin Collins Tweeted that he had recorded the call but told his office he didn’t want it released unless Trump talked about the call and lied about it. Which Trump did.

It makes absolutely no sense for Trump to have released this. In fact, he’s now suing Raffensberger over it. Obviously he can’t sue him over it if Trump himself recorded and released the call? Duh?

by Anonymousreply 357January 4, 2021 5:46 AM

-perger not -berger. Mea culpa.

by Anonymousreply 358January 4, 2021 5:46 AM

I think people are saying that Trump is so stupid he'd release the recording himself and then try to sue Raffensperger over it, pretending the governor released it and not Trump himself.

by Anonymousreply 359January 4, 2021 5:55 AM

Thanks r357 -- that was magnum reporting!

So it's confirmed that Kaitlin Collins recorded it? I suspected something like that (not a reporter, I'm surprised a reporter was in the room actually) but someone using an iPhone.....

by Anonymousreply 360January 4, 2021 6:53 AM

Wait hang on, I misread your post. So Collins reported that Raffensperger recorded it, then provided that release condition to his office?

by Anonymousreply 361January 4, 2021 6:57 AM

Euro news channels are playing this tape over and over on morning shows. Quite the stir.

by Anonymousreply 362January 4, 2021 7:05 AM

I don't really care who first recorded it or first reported it: it's out there now and can't be denied. I can't wait until tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 363January 4, 2021 7:05 AM

CBS early morning news in NYC leading with this story with audio clips. This is not going away.

by Anonymousreply 364January 4, 2021 8:33 AM

The bastard will bomb Iran before he leaves.

by Anonymousreply 365January 4, 2021 8:54 AM

I'd be willing to be there are more of these conversations out there, though maybe not on tape; I hope election personnel from all over the country start coming out of the woodwork saying they were bullied & harangued by Dear Leader to change results in this favor. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lady G's name pop up.

So do you still want to talk about election fraud now, Hawley & Cruz?

by Anonymousreply 366January 4, 2021 9:04 AM

CNN is going hard with the tapes this morning.

by Anonymousreply 367January 4, 2021 9:08 AM

[quote]CNN is going hard

Pics please. No Wolf.

by Anonymousreply 368January 4, 2021 9:11 AM

Lol r368!

by Anonymousreply 369January 4, 2021 10:37 AM

R342, You could have stopped after "think."

by Anonymousreply 370January 4, 2021 10:58 AM

Raffensperger is about to do an interview with Good Morning America in a few minutes.

by Anonymousreply 371January 4, 2021 11:02 AM

CBS This Morning, the network morning news show, leading with this with audio clips, clips of Kamala and others responding and calling it all "extraordinary." "Stunning phone call." "Threatening state officials." Good night.

by Anonymousreply 372January 4, 2021 11:04 AM

The Columbus Dispatch, newspaper of my hometown in the great state of Ohio, doesn't even MENTION the call under its "top headlines" this morning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373January 4, 2021 11:22 AM

R373, is that because Ohio is a Trump state?

by Anonymousreply 374January 4, 2021 11:30 AM

I would assume, r374. It saddens me how red its become in recent years. It's not a swing state anymore.

by Anonymousreply 375January 4, 2021 11:38 AM

Boris is trying real hard to wipe the Trump treason, racketeering and collapsing GOP in Georgia off the front page.

by Anonymousreply 376January 4, 2021 11:40 AM

R372 Typical wishy-washy response. Wake me when someone starts using words appropriate to the situation. Words like:

treason

traitor

sedition

crime

extortion

illegal

tampering

charges

impeachment

removal

and so forth.

by Anonymousreply 377January 4, 2021 11:52 AM

THANK YOU R377!

by Anonymousreply 378January 4, 2021 11:57 AM

:::sings::: It’s a wonderful Monday.

by Anonymousreply 379January 4, 2021 12:09 PM

What an ongoing SHITFEST the Dump presidency is. And yet more of it on the 6th.

What worries me is what are they and the supporters going to do after the 6th or on the 21st when it's finally clear that Biden is the President.

by Anonymousreply 380January 4, 2021 12:09 PM

After the 20th, the US government (and particularly the Department of Justice) will finally be back out of traitorous hands

by Anonymousreply 381January 4, 2021 12:14 PM

R380 This recording has sort of made their efforts impotent now.

by Anonymousreply 382January 4, 2021 12:16 PM

R377, CNN has been calling Trump mentally unhinged all this morning.

by Anonymousreply 383January 4, 2021 12:19 PM

The Columbus Dispatch, newspaper of my hometown in the great state of Ohio, doesn't even MENTION the call under its "top headlines" this morning.

Well, it did break on Sunday afternoon when they were all sitting around watching football & talking OSU's big win. Maybe they'll get to it on Tuesday...

by Anonymousreply 384January 4, 2021 12:21 PM

R384 They won’t be able to ignore it for long.

by Anonymousreply 385January 4, 2021 12:30 PM

R373 I perused the link to the Columbus Dispatch. It is absolutely stunning that there is NO mention of this audio. WOW. Just wow.

by Anonymousreply 386January 4, 2021 12:45 PM

100% agreed R56.

It's the only way to be sure.

by Anonymousreply 387January 4, 2021 12:47 PM

R386 Incredible.

by Anonymousreply 388January 4, 2021 2:16 PM

Sedition and Treason. Impeach him and ban him from holding office ever again.

by Anonymousreply 389January 4, 2021 2:19 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390January 4, 2021 2:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391January 4, 2021 2:43 PM

Batten down the hatches, fasten your seatbelts, and put the pedal to the metal, girls.

The trolls are working Over. Time.

by Anonymousreply 392January 4, 2021 2:45 PM

WTF? This story is already starting to fizzle out. Now he gets to take his message of madness to a rally in Georgia, where he gets to dominate the news cycle once again.

by Anonymousreply 393January 4, 2021 2:51 PM

Ah, no.

The GA visit ensures that THIS story, rather than Covid (his other MAGA mess), will be most prominently “above the fold.”

by Anonymousreply 394January 4, 2021 3:02 PM

Gentlemen of the Press! Say goodbye! The next time you see me, I'll be riding in the back of a limousine and giving lectures on success!

by Anonymousreply 395January 4, 2021 3:16 PM

Gentlemen of the Press! Say goodbye! The next time you see me, I'll be riding in the back of a limousine and giving lectures on success!

by Anonymousreply 396January 4, 2021 3:16 PM

Twice!

by Anonymousreply 397January 4, 2021 3:18 PM

Question: Trump and roughly 1/4 of the craziest Republican politicians are on the verge of destroying the Republican Party.

Seriously, Why?

by Anonymousreply 398January 4, 2021 3:39 PM

Trump had apparently attempted to shake down Raffensperger on the phone EIGHTEEN TIMES before Saturday's call.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399January 4, 2021 3:45 PM

[quote] WTF? This story is already starting to fizzle out.

Trump wanting to change the election outcome isn’t new or very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 400January 4, 2021 3:46 PM

It certainly IS interesting when you have a one-hour tape recording of his attempt at extortion, violating Federal and State law.

by Anonymousreply 401January 4, 2021 3:48 PM

Georgia elections board member calls for probe into Trump’s call seeking to pressure Raffensperger:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402January 4, 2021 4:00 PM

This story is NOT going away, womp womp!

My husband texted this to me before we fell asleep last night:

I think trump will kill himself day of inauguration. You’ll see. Nite

by Anonymousreply 403January 4, 2021 4:07 PM

^Donald Trump has the self-awareness of a reptile. He is NOT the suicide type.

by Anonymousreply 404January 4, 2021 4:10 PM

I don't think narcissists often kill themselves, r403

by Anonymousreply 405January 4, 2021 4:10 PM

Geez r404, r405, do you have to shut down my fantasy so quickly? A girl can dream!

by Anonymousreply 406January 4, 2021 4:14 PM

You had all night to dream r406.

by Anonymousreply 407January 4, 2021 4:20 PM

The Georgians leaked. Trump has been trying...18 separate attempts to contact Raffensperger the S o S. He was on the phone call with that Clitoris Mitchell his secret attorney show him how he can commit Sedition. Mark Meadows was also on the call. Slimy Mark. So The Georgians recorded the call. Then... as usual, Trump got in his own way. He started tweeting about his phone call with the SoS. He lied and misrepresented what was said. So The SoS said, "The Truth will out..." on twitter...and then Ooops, the recording leaked. first to the Post then to Georgia based CNN.

by Anonymousreply 408January 4, 2021 4:21 PM

Was this call made after downing mass quantities of alcohol and drugs?

Why didn't Bid Rudy make the call on behalf of his pal Donald?

by Anonymousreply 409January 4, 2021 4:25 PM

If he’s censured, do you honestly think he’ll give a damn? A parking ticket is more powerful than a congressional censure.

by Anonymousreply 410January 4, 2021 4:26 PM

I still think it's 50/50 Congress may have to impeach and convict him yet. He's barking mad.

by Anonymousreply 411January 4, 2021 4:28 PM

Who is/was Ruby Freeman?? Is she related to Ruby Begonia?

by Anonymousreply 412January 4, 2021 4:29 PM

[quote] I still think it's 50/50 Congress may have to impeach and convict him yet.

So Pence can become president? How smart.

by Anonymousreply 413January 4, 2021 4:30 PM

Glad you cunted in, R413.

Pence is a stuffed suit with zero charisma. If not impeached with Trump, he'd sit quietly in the corner until Jan 20.

by Anonymousreply 414January 4, 2021 4:34 PM

They’re not going to impeach him with 15 days left in his term, Complete waste of time and energy.

by Anonymousreply 415January 4, 2021 4:35 PM

I AGREE r415, it is pointless and I cannot fathom how Dems could make it happen fast enough — though I would love it!!

by Anonymousreply 416January 4, 2021 4:45 PM

If the Senate becomes a Democrat majority after tomorrow, I think a 2nd impeachment might be a good idea, if Donny could be convicted, this time, even "posthumously", after he is out of office. He'd have at least ONE thing to point to as an accomplishment during his first and only term: he'd be the only President to be impeached TWICE.

by Anonymousreply 417January 4, 2021 4:55 PM

How are foreign countries reacting to this?

by Anonymousreply 418January 4, 2021 5:05 PM

Raffensperger said Lindsey Graham also asked him to throw out legal votes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419January 4, 2021 5:23 PM

Maybe impeaching him would be enough to save the Republican Party?

Okay, maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 420January 4, 2021 5:25 PM

[quote] Maybe impeaching him would be enough to save the Republican Party?

Why bother? They’ve been evil since Reagan. Let them tear each other apart.

by Anonymousreply 421January 4, 2021 5:28 PM

Good for the Georgians. When someone threatens you and your family like Dump and his supporters have, you do what you can to destroy them. Well fucking done!

by Anonymousreply 422January 4, 2021 5:31 PM

Right on cue, the 2015 Thread-Bumper is at work this morning trying to bury this story.

Fuck you, 2015 Thread-Bumper!

by Anonymousreply 423January 4, 2021 5:38 PM

I don't want the Republican Party saved, r421. I'm just offering a possible reason why impeachment might look attractive to some of them (although we know it won't happen).

by Anonymousreply 424January 4, 2021 5:46 PM

Is the 2015 thread bumper really bumping those old threads to try to distract from this one? Seriously? Whoever it is, I had him blocked already, so I’m guessing it’s a Trump troll?

Do people like that really think they can make this go away by bumping old threads on Datalounge?

by Anonymousreply 425January 4, 2021 5:51 PM

The 2015 bump troll is an odd one, r425. I have always wondered: why 2015? Why not 2014 or 2016? Is it because that's the year Trump as Politician arrived on the scene?

by Anonymousreply 426January 4, 2021 5:53 PM

Poor sad desperate little 2015 bump troll.

Honey, your Leader is a fascist criminal. You worship him. What does that make YOU then?

by Anonymousreply 427January 4, 2021 6:01 PM

[quote]They’re not going to impeach him with 15 days left in his term, Complete waste of time and energy.

[quote]If the Senate becomes a Democrat majority after tomorrow, I think a 2nd impeachment might be a good idea, if Donny could be convicted, this time, even "posthumously", after he is out of office. He'd have at least ONE thing to point to as an accomplishment during his first and only term: he'd be the only President to be impeached TWICE.

I heard someone say on TV this morning that if Trump was impeached a second time, he would be unable to run for President again. Is that true? If so, maybe that alone would make it worthwhile.

by Anonymousreply 428January 4, 2021 6:18 PM

My pussy stinks!

by Anonymousreply 429January 4, 2021 6:24 PM

Democratic Reps. Ted Lieu and Kathleen Rice ask FBI Director Wray to open criminal probe in regards to Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430January 4, 2021 6:27 PM

Portman's constituency is turning on him!

Buh-bye, GOP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431January 4, 2021 6:35 PM

R431, good!

by Anonymousreply 432January 4, 2021 6:58 PM

[quote] I heard someone say on TV this morning that if Trump was impeached a second time, he would be unable to run for President again. Is that true?

It would require removal from office by the Senate, and future disqualification from office is not automatic. According to Wikipedia:

[quote] Conviction immediately removes the defendant from office. Following conviction, the Senate may vote to further punish the individual by barring him or her from holding future federal office, elected or appointed. As the threshold for disqualification is not explicitly mentioned in the Constitution, the Senate has taken the position that disqualification votes only require a simple majority rather than a two-thirds supermajority. The Senate has used disqualification sparingly, as only three individuals have been disqualified from holding future office.

by Anonymousreply 433January 4, 2021 7:26 PM

Boris is so scared of the truth!

by Anonymousreply 434January 4, 2021 7:28 PM

[quote]I have always wondered: why 2015? Why not 2014 or 2016? Is it because that's the year Trump as Politician arrived on the scene?

R426, Trump arrived quite late in 2015. Most 2015 thread topics are devoid of commentary on Trump and his politics.

[quote]Is the 2015 thread bumper really bumping those old threads to try to distract from this one? Seriously? Whoever it is, I had him blocked already, so I’m guessing it’s a Trump troll?

R425, it's DeFacto, and yes, he's part of a paid internet troll cohort. And the technique is called 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐮𝐦 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 (see link):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435January 4, 2021 7:35 PM

r435 he entered the Republican primary in June 2015. In July, the "Mexicans are rapists" and "I like people who don't get captured" comments were making headlines.

In other words, he was a dominating the news cycle for half the year, not "quite late in 2015."

by Anonymousreply 436January 4, 2021 7:41 PM

Hmm, R436; I thought I remembered that as being later, more October-ish. Guess I should have checked.

But I don't think the 2015 threads getting bumped are about Trump, now are they?

by Anonymousreply 437January 4, 2021 7:45 PM

No r437. I was just trying to figure why 2015. I will start looking more closely at the month.

by Anonymousreply 438January 4, 2021 7:49 PM

Breaking Axios: Dominion Voting Systems plans to sue attorney Sidney Powell "imminently" for defamation, and is continuing to explore similar suits against President Trump and others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439January 4, 2021 8:18 PM

Whatever the dominion lawyers said to fox scared them enough to run a retraction

Don’t fuck with dominion

by Anonymousreply 440January 4, 2021 8:55 PM

(looking for a second source...but...)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441January 4, 2021 8:57 PM

That does it. I’m not a huge fan of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 442January 4, 2021 8:58 PM

r411 seems improbable.

by Anonymousreply 443January 4, 2021 8:58 PM

R441, at least Blair House isn't rife with COVID, skid marks, and dried commingled Vairst Letty, Smellyanne, and Ivanka cooter juices.

by Anonymousreply 444January 4, 2021 9:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445January 4, 2021 9:06 PM

R441 is what they do in hostage situations. I hope they don’t do that, if they shut off the water, Trump is going to take a shit all over the house, and it’s a museum. The house itself has value, it’s a historic site. Anyone who is such an idiot that they don’t understand he will destroy the White House is crazy. He might even set fire to it.

by Anonymousreply 446January 4, 2021 9:09 PM

I watched the Georgia election guy as he step by step debunked the Trump talking points. I switched to FOX because its shot included the sign language guy who was having a ball.

FOX didn't even let election guy finish. Bill Hemmer came on with some fat guy who is a Trump election "specialist" or something......and he started by saying. Well, okay, he straightened that out but what about..... And went right into a list of other "allegations" that are as absurd as the ones already discussed.

These people all need to go to jail for what they've done to undermine Democracy and the country......and Orange Face needs to lead the way to the pen!

by Anonymousreply 447January 4, 2021 9:26 PM

[quote] The SS will cut off all utilities to the White House - water, electricity, food delivery and wait it out.

This is a very stupid idea. He should be evicted, plain and simple. There is absolutely no reason to turn the WH into a hostage location.

That said, if they cut off the food, he won’t last until lunch.

by Anonymousreply 448January 4, 2021 9:30 PM

If they take out all the food, he'll leave pretty quickly. Lardass can't go 2 hours without McDonald's

by Anonymousreply 449January 4, 2021 9:39 PM

Or just cut the cable TV.

by Anonymousreply 450January 4, 2021 9:41 PM

If I'm not mistaken, though, R449, a couple of years ago I read somewhere that he'd had a mobile McDonald's installed on Air Force One. The White House is probably similarly hooked up. If he plans to hole up in the bunker, he's probably making arrangements for such a contingency.

by Anonymousreply 451January 4, 2021 9:42 PM

This motherfucker needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 452January 4, 2021 9:42 PM

[quote]Who is/was Ruby Freeman??

Here, R412. This is what's relevant:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453January 4, 2021 9:52 PM

If they cut off the electricity and cable and block his phone, he won't last 10 minutes. However, I've never believed he would resist leaving. He's a massive physical coward and obsessed with his own sense of dignity, bizarre though that sounds, hence ramp-gate and glass-of-Watergate etc.

by Anonymousreply 454January 4, 2021 9:55 PM

He will flee to Scotland on January 19.

by Anonymousreply 455January 4, 2021 9:56 PM

[bold]U.S. Attorney for North Georgia resigns, effective immediately[/bold]

U.S. Attorney Byung J. “BJay” Pak resigned his position Monday, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Georgia.

In 2017, Pak was appointed the top federal prosecutor in the Northern District of Georgia by President Donald Trump, making history as the first-ever Korean American to hold the position of U.S. Attorney. He previously served six years in the Georgia House of Representatives, representing a portion of Gwinnett County, and is widely seen as a rising star in the state Republican Party.

The online news site Talking Points Memo, which first reported Pak’s resignation, said it obtained a memo dated Monday in which Pak said “unforeseen circumstances” were the cause of his departure. TPM reported Pak intended to stay with the office until Inauguration Day on Jan. 20.

It’s unclear what those “unforeseen circumstances” might have been. Pak did not return a message seeking comment. His office offered no comment about the resignation.

In a weekend tape recording of Trump speaking to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, Trump references a “never-Trumper U.S. attorney there.”

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456January 4, 2021 9:57 PM

Guessing Pak was on the receiving end of anti-Asian vitriol (similar to the shit that fascists have been spreading here on DL lately) and resigned to protect himself and his family.

by Anonymousreply 457January 4, 2021 9:58 PM

Pack yo shit, Pak.

by Anonymousreply 458January 4, 2021 10:00 PM

Marjorie Taylor Greene says the election was STOLEN (just the presidential election, though, she says her own election was legit)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459January 4, 2021 10:00 PM

omg the bitch is either dumber than dirt or cray

or both

by Anonymousreply 460January 4, 2021 10:06 PM

[quote] They will not physically remove him. Biden will govern from Blair House.

Fuck that "playing nice" noise! If Dump refuses to leave, then Joe needs to go in and put his foot up his fat ass! Better yet, have Dr. Jill do it.

by Anonymousreply 461January 4, 2021 10:09 PM

R460 She’s both. And she’s one if Dump’s guests on AF1 flying to his GA rally tonight (@mtgreenee is her.)

It’s gonna be a dumpster fire (pun intended.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462January 4, 2021 10:12 PM

This thread too glitchy

by Anonymousreply 463January 4, 2021 10:14 PM

that's alotta stanky pussy on that plane

by Anonymousreply 464January 4, 2021 10:15 PM

If R439 and R441's posts were actual cocks, I'd give them the hottest, deepest blowjobs I could! And lovingly swallow their loads. America is DONE with you, you fat, orange, incontinent loser!

You've been dumped! Fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 465January 4, 2021 10:39 PM

I don’t understand how he wouldn’t be forcibly removed. Cutting power, etc., would seem to leave it vulnerable to outside attacks, which even with the fat orange one inside, is something I’d think you’d want to avoid.

by Anonymousreply 466January 4, 2021 10:42 PM

He can be. But it's a situation where the optics can go either way. The best solution would be to have the people removing him wear bodycams turned on the entire time, because you know Trump or whoever is with him will have their phones recording it. They should take the Trump group out the back door, put them in a car, and drop them off at the Trump hotel. Done.

by Anonymousreply 467January 4, 2021 10:51 PM

It's not a threat or a warning, R466. It's a promise from America to Dump. No matter what you pull, it is over.

Everyone has gone so easy on that fat prick. Turning off the utilities is only step 1. The White House has been re-modeled before and can be again if he tries to harm it.

And every tour afterwards, in every history book, it will be written and told of his cowardice, his death threats to elected officials of his own , the hundreds of thousands of preventatiable COVID deaths and his calls for violence against Americans by other Americans and its Armed forces

by Anonymousreply 468January 4, 2021 10:52 PM

*his own party

by Anonymousreply 469January 4, 2021 10:54 PM

If indeed he needs to be 'vacated' from the White House on January 20th, I hope the law enforcement officials remember his request to "not be too nice".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470January 4, 2021 11:01 PM

Could Donnie Diapers be planning to lay a Scotch Egg?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471January 4, 2021 11:05 PM

Interesting, R471. The date is January 19th...maybe he resigns for a day for a Pence pardon and flies the coop for the fallout?

by Anonymousreply 472January 4, 2021 11:18 PM

I use to just want him gone. Now I want him gone and jailed.

by Anonymousreply 473January 4, 2021 11:23 PM

[quote] Pack yo shit, Pak.

😂

by Anonymousreply 474January 4, 2021 11:36 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And bitched slapped on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 475January 4, 2021 11:38 PM

I read that his Scottish golf courses lost money last year. Ha.

by Anonymousreply 476January 4, 2021 11:41 PM

R433: No one who wishes to be taken seriously should use the sentence, "According to Wikipedia..."

by Anonymousreply 477January 4, 2021 11:49 PM

Funny how Lady G has turned into Dump's minder; her role, along with all the other women, is to entertain Dump like a cranky toddler & keep him from bursting into tears on stage about that mean ole SoS.

by Anonymousreply 478January 4, 2021 11:52 PM

R476, and that, in spite of his having asked the UK to move the British Open to Turnberry, so that he could reap the profits!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479January 4, 2021 11:53 PM

R477, I don’t give a shit. The information is factually accurate, and I didn’t feel like looking any further. 🤷‍♂️

Deal, bitch.

🙄

by Anonymousreply 480January 4, 2021 11:54 PM

Kelly Loeffler is going along with the coup attempt in the Senate. Because of course.

by Anonymousreply 481January 4, 2021 11:58 PM

That is not a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 482January 5, 2021 12:16 AM

Remember when he wanted Greenland?

by Anonymousreply 483January 5, 2021 12:35 AM

Who is Clit Mitchell?

by Anonymousreply 484January 5, 2021 12:35 AM

I wish more people would challenge these assholes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485January 5, 2021 12:36 AM

R485 I’m glad he did there.

by Anonymousreply 486January 5, 2021 12:40 AM

LOL at Hawley’s face. He looks like a dog who thought he was being taken to the dog park but ended up at the vet.

by Anonymousreply 487January 5, 2021 12:49 AM

[quote]R433: No one who wishes to be taken seriously should use the sentence, "According to Wikipedia..."

Foolish well-poisoning, R477. Wikipedia is not a source in and of itself, but only a clearing house for sources, to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Every article is only as good as the sources underlying it (that's what those footnote numbers are for).

by Anonymousreply 488January 5, 2021 2:29 AM

In our country we fix election, it’s vetty vetty good

by Anonymousreply 489January 5, 2021 2:45 AM

BLAME IT ON MISS LINDZ:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490January 5, 2021 2:52 AM

About the rally in GA...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491January 5, 2021 2:53 AM

Trump's going straight down the shitter!

by Anonymousreply 492January 5, 2021 3:00 AM

This came to mind...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493January 5, 2021 3:02 AM

Kicking and screaming

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494January 5, 2021 3:11 AM

I don’t appreciate that shit.

by Anonymousreply 495January 5, 2021 3:35 AM

If Drumpf refuses to leave the White House after non on Jan 20th, then the Secret Service needs to go into the White House, fully protected, and shoot him with tranquilzer darts like the raging beast that he is. Then once he drops, take him out without any further problems.

But make sure you shoot him with PLENTY of darts so there's no chance he will wake up while he's being removed.

If he wants to act like an animal, then he should be treated as one.

by Anonymousreply 496January 5, 2021 3:41 AM

noon, not non in post above.

by Anonymousreply 497January 5, 2021 3:41 AM

Love Dave Holmes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498January 5, 2021 4:07 AM

This thread (Trump Audio Leaked: Asking to Fix Election) and a related one (AUDIO: Trump berates GA Secretary of State, asks him to “find votes”) have both been "unhighlighted" on my watchlist three times today, though I have never signed out or had the computer off.

I posted in the both on Sunday, so they should be "eyeballed" automatically. Everything else here is working normally.

That's OK, though, I will just keep adding them again and again, and WWing them each time.

by Anonymousreply 499January 5, 2021 4:35 AM

[quote] This thread (Trump Audio Leaked: Asking to Fix Election) and a related one (AUDIO: Trump berates GA Secretary of State, asks him to “find votes”) have both been "unhighlighted" on my watchlist three times today, though I have never signed out or had the computer off. I posted in the both on Sunday, so they should be "eyeballed" automatically.

Same. Oddly glitchy.

by Anonymousreply 500January 5, 2021 4:52 AM

Yeah, it keeps “unwatching” itself for me, over and over, even though I’ve posted in it several times and manually “watched” it several times.

Another thing I realized—and this might be common knowledge to the rest of you—is that when it becomes impossible to reply to this (or any) thread after a certain number of posts (usually a few hundred), I just have to go to my Settings on this site and turn off the link previews. Then I can place my cursor in the Reply box and actually submit a reply without the goddamn page crashing and reloading over and over.

That’s less a suspicious glitch than it is another example of this site’s shitty current format, which also includes the absurd date-stamping, a subject I daren’t broach again for fear of riling the Aspie freak who thinks the current date-stamping makes perrrrrfect sense.

by Anonymousreply 501January 5, 2021 4:57 AM

I'm having the same problem with this thread and the other one about the Trump call.

by Anonymousreply 502January 5, 2021 6:32 AM

Ted Knight and Rodney Dangerfield... now there's two names no one under 50 will recognize.

by Anonymousreply 503January 5, 2021 6:56 AM

CNN and other center and left media outlets are praising Brad Raffensperger, like he's a profile in courage. It bugs me. I don't trust it, (meaning him). He and Georgia Governor Brian Kemp are about as corrupt as they come. I suspect he handed that tape in so they won't suspect him of anything when Perdue and that ugly blond bitch narrowly "win" their Senate races. They wouldn't dare question his credibility now, right?

by Anonymousreply 504January 5, 2021 6:56 AM

[quote] Ted Knight and Rodney Dangerfield... now there's two names no one under 50 will recognize.

Are you the same person from the Tanya Roberts thread who thinks currently middle aged people don’t know what Charlie’s Angels was?

by Anonymousreply 505January 5, 2021 7:07 AM

I was thinking the same thing, R504. Asked about it last night on one of these threads but no one responded. We'll see. I also think all the bleating by the fucktarded troupe of Trumpmonkeys about election cheating all over the country is cover for their own cheating. They've got the Democrats on record about how fair and impartial all the election results are and how safe our voting systems are. It is the McConnell, Collins, Tillis, and Graham elections where the cheating took place. Their numbers are just not possible. Look at the McConnell bullshit just one person found by simply looking at the numbers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506January 5, 2021 9:57 AM

[quote]Right on cue, the 2015 Thread-Bumper is at work this morning trying to bury this story.

I got yelled at a couple days ago for complaining about the thread bumps. Apparently the bumper has a fan club and they like seeing old news, it's just so, so interesting.

by Anonymousreply 507January 5, 2021 11:54 AM

If Lindsey Graham also tried to get some votes "found" then he should absolutely, without question, be impeached. I don't know that it'll do any good to bother impeaching Trump again but Graham needs to be stopped. That's crossing one hell of a line.

by Anonymousreply 508January 5, 2021 11:55 AM

[quote]If Drumpf refuses to leave the White House after non on Jan 20th, then the Secret Service needs to go into the White House, fully protected, and shoot him with tranquilzer darts like the raging beast that he is. Then once he drops, take him out without any further problems.

There have been rumors that they're just going to shut off all water and electricity, and also not allow his staff back in on the 20th. The Daily Beast article says there's some kind of Secret Service plan in place but they won't release it just in case Trump really does refuse to leave, they don't want to tip their hand.

by Anonymousreply 509January 5, 2021 11:58 AM

I saw quite a few comments on Twitter from Dump cult members saying it wasn't him on the tape or that he had been taken out of context.

Jeeze.

by Anonymousreply 510January 5, 2021 11:59 AM

R506 That is quite a twitter thread you posted. I wonder of that reporting is in any article somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 511January 5, 2021 1:04 PM

R506 - usually when Republicans accuse you of doing something, it’s because they’re covering up the fact that they’re doing it themselves. Dominion is totally a distraction. Republicans have offered no proof in 60 lawsuits of anything suspicious having occurred, and now it looks like in their own affidavits they appear to incriminate themselves? They’re too stupid to even plot and frame without revealing themselves, and maybe that’s purposeful because they always get away with it. Truly insane. Today and tomorrow are going to be a wild ride. It’s a shame Biden can’t do anything about Trump before the 20th.

by Anonymousreply 512January 5, 2021 1:20 PM

R506 Mind blowing. Props to Allison.

by Anonymousreply 513January 5, 2021 1:30 PM

R509, that thing about turning the water off seems to be a rumor. On Twitter someone was claiming it came from NBC (which usually means Andrea Mitchell), but no one could get a link. There’s no evidence anywhere.

I wouldn’t be surprised if someone at NBC did have some kind of insider information, but there’s no confirmation this is it. Could be wishful Trumpers trying to promote the idea Trump can’t be removed.

by Anonymousreply 514January 5, 2021 1:32 PM

I posted awhile back it would be a great thing if her refuses to leave. Then we can just seal him up like Countess Bathory.

by Anonymousreply 515January 5, 2021 1:38 PM

^ he refuses, not her. Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 516January 5, 2021 1:50 PM

I guess they could just surround the WH to make sure nobody can get in and then cut off the food supply. That leaves all the servers, etc up and running but forces him to crawl out at some point.

by Anonymousreply 517January 5, 2021 2:07 PM

There's a forklift with his name on it.

by Anonymousreply 518January 5, 2021 2:10 PM

R511, I looked at one of her first stats on the thread, the Wolfe Co results, and they're not as suspicious as she thinks. McConnell didn't win Wolfe in 2014, but he only lost by 36 votes. He won by a lot in 2020 but there were only about 350 more voters who turned out in that county in 2020 than they did in 2014, and almost the same turned out in 2008 as they did in 2020.

She implies there were votes cast for people who don't exist, but the number of voters is accurate based on the last several elections. Yes, a lot more turned out for Mitch, but that means either the votes themselves were changed or that people have been radicalized and voted far-right in 2020 when they wouldn't have in, say, 2008.

Further, the number of registered Democrats in the county in 2008 is HUGE compared to those registered Repug, and the state went red back then, so the phenomenon of southerners registering as Dems but voting Repug goes back at least 12 years. It's not suspicious that it happened in 2020, since it happened in a bunch of previous elections, too.

I think we're looking at some localized vote changing in certain states that have been guilty of it for decades, plus radicalization, plus polls that are being manipulated. She's right to be suspicious but at first glance it doesn't look like she's got the numbers to prove anything.

by Anonymousreply 519January 5, 2021 2:14 PM

I don’t believe the story at all about the Secret Service turning off everything. They never leak, and they never reveal their strategy for what they do. I do believe they would forcibly remove Dump, but I don’t think Dump would ever allow himself to be in that position. He’ll leave for parts unknown the day before the inauguration.

by Anonymousreply 520January 5, 2021 2:25 PM

It's definitely a rumor like r514 said, R520. The Daily Beast article had a few sources who would only say vague things, but even though the title said the Secret Service had no plan, in the article it says they wouldn't reveal it if they had one because they don't want to give Trump any ideas. The USA Today article said basically the same thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521January 5, 2021 2:33 PM

The guy who started that whole Secret Service will turn off the water etc. story is named Mike Sington. He calls himself a senior exec at NBC. He actually runs tours at Universal. He is not affiliated with NBC news and knows nothing. Resistance grifter accounts ran with the rumor without vetting the story.

by Anonymousreply 522January 5, 2021 2:59 PM

Interesting r522.

Sington looks like that cop who got fired for posting nutty shit on Parler, but with crazier eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523January 5, 2021 4:51 PM

Franklin Graham is asking Jesus to overturn the election. Because of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524January 5, 2021 5:08 PM

R523 Jesus said:

[quote]Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of the Creator who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

by Anonymousreply 525January 5, 2021 5:13 PM

Traitor Josh Hawley lies about an "Antifa" attack

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526January 5, 2021 5:14 PM

That's incredibly stupid of him, R526. Lying about a crime is a crime itself and can be considered a felony in some states, especially if Missy Hawdog filed a police report.

by Anonymousreply 527January 5, 2021 5:48 PM

He should be afeared of some candles and chanting.

by Anonymousreply 528January 5, 2021 5:58 PM

[quote]Lying about a crime is a crime itself

For example claiming votes were lost due to tampering with voting machines, when there's no evidence to suggest such malfeasance. It's useful for future reference that such an example has recently been caught on tape.

by Anonymousreply 529January 5, 2021 6:06 PM

Let's point and laugh at all the Kool-Aid drinkers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530January 5, 2021 6:38 PM

Liar, liar, pants on fire!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531January 5, 2021 7:39 PM

Sounds like he really is trying to embrace the Trump playbook. Antifa! Would Salad. Far left! Word Salad. Radical! Word Salad. Socialism! Word Salad. Communism! Word Salad. Looters! Word Salad. Anarchists!

by Anonymousreply 532January 5, 2021 7:50 PM

R531, what a chump!

by Anonymousreply 533January 5, 2021 7:57 PM

R532 is a member of Antifa!

by Anonymousreply 534January 5, 2021 8:05 PM

In PA the GOP state legislature is trying to block a fairly elected Dem from taking his seat.

I guess these fuckers are taking a page from Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535January 5, 2021 8:07 PM

There's a another video in that thread at R530 with a woman talking about students receiving pencils at school, and appears to say that teachers giving students pencils is socialism and she believes in capitalism so will be providing her kids their own pencils.

by Anonymousreply 536January 5, 2021 8:19 PM

Bad-Taste-In-Men Mitchell takes a bow!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537January 5, 2021 8:50 PM

^Just to set it forth b/c it's truly something to behold, here is her full name:

[bold]Cleta B. Deatherage Mitchell[bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538January 5, 2021 9:06 PM

A pundit said last night if Biden did this, impeachment procedures would already be underway.

by Anonymousreply 539January 5, 2021 9:18 PM

r539 if Biden did this I really WOULD believe he was in the early stages of dementia -- because it would be utterly out of character for him.

For Trump, it feels like just another day.

by Anonymousreply 540January 5, 2021 9:21 PM

^Normalization does not make it okay or legal.

by Anonymousreply 541January 5, 2021 9:33 PM

What happened in PA is beyond appalling.

by Anonymousreply 542January 5, 2021 9:34 PM

Not sure that's what I said (or even implied), r541

by Anonymousreply 543January 5, 2021 9:40 PM

Lol

Donald Trump has been warned he's not allowed to visit Scotland to play golf during Joe Biden's inauguration as the next US president.

Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon cautioned the outgoing US leader that playing a round would not be deemed an "essential purpose" for transatlantic travel into the country during the ongoing COVID crisis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544January 5, 2021 9:42 PM

Go, Scotland!

Way to keep Typhoid Trumpy out of your country

by Anonymousreply 545January 5, 2021 10:09 PM

Go, Scotland!

Way to keep Typhoid Trumpy out of your country

by Anonymousreply 546January 5, 2021 10:09 PM

[quote] In PA the GOP state legislature is trying to block a fairly elected Dem from taking his seat.

This is fucking insane.

by Anonymousreply 547January 5, 2021 10:28 PM

[quote]Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548January 5, 2021 10:29 PM

Yes, it is. Stop voting GOP, PA!!! (And yeah, I know gerrymandering plays a role, but....)

by Anonymousreply 549January 6, 2021 12:39 AM

Eric Trump is threatening to primary all the Republicans who don't support the coup attempt. Good luck with that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550January 6, 2021 2:54 AM

And now poor Attorney Clitoria Deathrage Mitchell has been canned for her role in helping Shitler cheat on the GA vote!! She barely even licked his ass-seam two times during the entire phone call, and now she's out in the street, yesterday's whore, on unemployment. Life is so UNFAIR!!!

by Anonymousreply 551January 6, 2021 3:13 AM

MAGA trash harassing Mitt Romney for not supporting the coup

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552January 6, 2021 3:18 AM

Trump had COVID, right? It explains eeevvvveeerything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553January 6, 2021 4:46 AM

Snakes on a plane...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554January 6, 2021 3:11 PM

R554 I wonder which airline that is? Evidently, they are not enforcing mask rules, and over serving liquor.

by Anonymousreply 555January 6, 2021 3:23 PM

R554, where was the Air Marshal?

by Anonymousreply 556January 6, 2021 5:11 PM

The full phone call.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557January 11, 2021 2:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!