Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Were you Team Pedro or Team Puck?

Pedro was cute and a bridge builder.

I thought Puck was a homophobe, but when I watched a few episodes recently, he didn’t seem as overtly, verbally homophobic as I recalled from years before. Or maybe I just watched the wrong episodes.

Team Pedro!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 3, 2021 2:26 AM

I was Team Pedro, Puck was just an obnoxious asshole to everyone, but Pedro was so nice it just seemed even worse the way Puck treated him.

by Anonymousreply 1January 2, 2021 11:58 PM

The only thing I associate Puck with was when he was eating the peanut butter out of the container with his hands. That was so fucking gross. Pedro tried to educate Puck, but he was a dick to him.

I can’t believe Judd and Pam are still together. It looks like Judd is still doing a lot for AIDS causes in Pedro’s memory.

by Anonymousreply 2January 3, 2021 12:02 AM

[quote]I thought Puck was a homophobe, but when I watched a few episodes recently, he didn’t seem as overtly, verbally homophobic as I recalled from years before

It was many years ago, but I don't recall him being a homophone. He was however, a massive tool/dick. Many are of course in their 20's so ... whatever.

by Anonymousreply 3January 3, 2021 12:04 AM

Pedro was a bit preachy, but I'd side with him before Puck. That whole cast was filled with idiots. Follow Judd on Twitter for awhile and you'll see what I mean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 3, 2021 12:04 AM

I really need to turn off autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 5January 3, 2021 12:04 AM

I thought Pam was really cool, r4.

I wish they had cut back a little on the Saint Pedro stuff. And it really did seem like Pedro was supposed to be “a cautionary tale for our times”.

by Anonymousreply 6January 3, 2021 12:11 AM

Team Pedro. However, I crushed on Puck. I was 14 when that season aired and falling for the "Wrong Guy" has always been my Achilles heel. Punks, bad boys, bike messengers, rough guys.

by Anonymousreply 7January 3, 2021 12:19 AM

We weren't stealing cable at the time so my 12 year old self only knew the show from my best friend recounting it. Through his eyes I really hated Puck and team Pedro all the way.

by Anonymousreply 8January 3, 2021 12:26 AM

Pedro. Puck irritated me.

by Anonymousreply 9January 3, 2021 12:29 AM

I miss Pethro. Whenever my party oppresses the gays, I have no trouble reconciling it with my love for Pethro.

by Anonymousreply 10January 3, 2021 12:30 AM

[quote] I don't recall him being a homophone

He was a homocell.

by Anonymousreply 11January 3, 2021 12:30 AM

Pedro.

I'm in the audience for his fundraiser.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 3, 2021 12:34 AM

There is no Team Puck. The question is contrived just to allow OP to create a thread on a Saturday night.

by Anonymousreply 13January 3, 2021 12:34 AM

Puck was/is common white trash.

[quote] Rainey met his future wife, Betty, at a farmer's market in 1998. They had a son, and later married on Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes. They later had a second son, Rocco. In 2008, he, his wife and their two children were living in the Los Angeles area, where Rainey worked as a truck driver. By 2009, he and his family were living in Alabama, where Rainey made a living through public appearances and miscellaneous jobs. In his spare time he was gardening and modeling, with his partner working behind the camera. As of 2013 he had a third child with his wife. He lives on a farm in Neenach, California, raising chickens and vegetables, racing four-wheeled ATVs, and lives "off the grid".

[quote] In 2003, Rainey was arrested for domestic violence but the charges were dropped. In 2009, Rainey was sentenced to a year in a Los Angeles County jail after pleading no contest to charges of committing battery upon his girlfriend. That same year, he also pleaded no contest to felony possession of ammunition and was placed on three years’ probation.

[quote] On March 19, 2010, Rainey and his 8-year-old son were involved in a car accident on Route 79 in San Diego. His son bruised several internal organs, but was released from the hospital by March 24. Rainey, however, sustained fractures to both feet, right hand, neck, sternum and clavicle, and was expected to remain hospitalized for another week. The California Highway Patrol reported that Rainey was intoxicated at the time of the crash, and would be facing charges of DUI, child endangerment, and driving without a license.

[quote] On June 19, 2011, Rainey was arrested on suspicion of felony corporal injury on a spouse or cohabitant, and was held at Los Angeles County Men’s Central Jail on $30,000 bail until his July 6 appearance in a San Fernando court.

[quote] On November 8, 2012, Rainey pleaded no contest to stalking an unidentified woman on February 22 of that year, and on November 8 was sentenced to two years in Wasco State Prison. Having received credit for 401 days already served, he was expected to be released in a little under a year.

[quote] As of 2013, Rainey was on felony probation and forbidden from leaving Los Angeles County, California

by Anonymousreply 14January 3, 2021 12:43 AM

I hated Puck, but Pedro was so self-righteous! He became even more insufferable when those fucking busybodies Judd and Pam would help him fight his battles.

by Anonymousreply 15January 3, 2021 12:46 AM

The that hated Pedro are white trash like Puck.

by Anonymousreply 16January 3, 2021 12:48 AM

I was always more sympathetic to Pedro and the majority of the housemates who didn’t like Puck. He was an asshole who just liked to push buttons. He came across as an antisocial narcissist. Calling himself “Puck” and referring to himself in third person. Weird. And apparently he was filthy as hell. I could not live with somebody like that.

by Anonymousreply 17January 3, 2021 12:49 AM

I didn't watch the San Francisco season. The cast didn't seem appealing to me.

by Anonymousreply 18January 3, 2021 12:51 AM

If New York was pizza, and L.A. was dessert, SF was like a bowl full of lima beans. They were all so obnoxious and preachy. It was definitely a lowpoint, but the series got back to the basics the following year (Miami had a likeable cast and fun drama).

by Anonymousreply 19January 3, 2021 1:03 AM

R19 omg, remember Dan and Melissa?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 3, 2021 1:07 AM

None of the above. All assholes with the possible exceptions of Pedro's spouse, the roommate who was in a band and worked at the Body Shop, and to a certain extent the white-guilt chick. The producers were so mean to her, though, so I can't truly pump her in with the rest.

by Anonymousreply 21January 3, 2021 1:15 AM

I was Team Judd.

by Anonymousreply 22January 3, 2021 1:18 AM

Rachel was a mega-cunt/right wing asshole and still is one. She was a frequent contributor to Fox for a while. Married to douchebag Sean Duffy, who a bunch of dummies in Wisconsin sent to congress for a while. He's likely making a shit ton on K Street these days. Guess they need to pull in the big bucks to send their brood of 85 children to private schools and buy their way into the Ivy League.

by Anonymousreply 23January 3, 2021 1:21 AM

Pedro all the way.

by Anonymousreply 24January 3, 2021 1:21 AM

Team Pedro. I'll probably burn in hell for this but I remember in one episode Pedro was shirtless and you could see his bush was extending over the waist of his shorts and it was so full and thick that it scared me a little.

by Anonymousreply 25January 3, 2021 1:23 AM

R2 Whenever I hear Puck's name (not that often, really) I think of that disgusting peanut butter episode!

Fun Fact: I was a finalist to be on this season. I was kind of a babe then, the producers liked me and my storyline was that I would come out during the season. I sent pics of me working on a friend's vintage car with oil smudge on my face, greasy bangs hanging down-very 90s! After a few phone interviews and promises, they sent me a Dear John letter...oh, well. I would have beaten Puck's ass at some point so, probably for the best. I loved Pedro.

R4 A friend worked with Judd on a book project and told me horror stories about how lame he was.

by Anonymousreply 26January 3, 2021 1:23 AM

Pedro was adorable,but I did think even then he was putting on quite the little saint act when I bet my bottom dollar before he was poz he was a raging bitch like all of the queens in Miami at that time that were halfway cute. Puck repulsed me out of the gate.

by Anonymousreply 27January 3, 2021 1:25 AM

Total Team Pedro. Love him always. Hated Puck.

by Anonymousreply 28January 3, 2021 1:26 AM

Aren’t two cast members big Trumpers now?

by Anonymousreply 29January 3, 2021 1:38 AM

Do we know what happened to Pedro’s husband?

R29, Rachel is married to a former rep congressmen. I don’t remember any other case member besides Pedro, Puck, Pam, Rachel, and Judd. Only Rachel seems like a rep. Maybe Puck too?

by Anonymousreply 30January 3, 2021 1:41 AM

is there really a choice? anybody who deals with ppl the way Puck did? nope. See how he conducted his life going forward. plenty of headlines i have no time for.

i cried at Pedro's vids toward his death. he cared about other people besides himself. fuck you all if you don't agree.

by Anonymousreply 31January 3, 2021 2:21 AM

[quote]A friend worked with Judd on a book project and told me horror stories about how lame he was.

I can see that. Though I will forever love him for bringing back Jason Todd in the DC Comics lore. He gave the character a deserved rebirth.

by Anonymousreply 32January 3, 2021 2:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!