Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Richard Simmons Was The Best Talk Show Guest Ever

No matter which show he was on, he always brought the crazy, the fun, and that unique personality. Always worth a good laugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 3, 2021 7:28 AM

With Rosie and Celine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 1, 2021 6:13 AM

He's always fun. Whet? Wasnt he hiding in a bunker or something?

by Anonymousreply 2January 1, 2021 6:23 AM

This outfit is crazy. At least he would prepare for his interviews unlike all these boring celebrities today. He’s an entertainer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 1, 2021 6:27 AM

Someone on his team is periodically posting all kinds of his old content on his youtube channel and it's delightful. I miss him!

by Anonymousreply 4January 1, 2021 6:38 AM

Someone on his team R4?

by Anonymousreply 5January 1, 2021 7:08 AM

Always seemed like a genuinely sweet person underneath all the eccentricity. Hope he’s doing well.

by Anonymousreply 6January 1, 2021 7:12 AM

R5 one can only hope it's Richie herself

by Anonymousreply 7January 1, 2021 7:27 AM

I always liked him on Howard Stern, as well. I'd post a clip, but the best ones on YouTube are over an hour long. They're definitely worth listening to in the background while doing something else.

by Anonymousreply 8January 1, 2021 8:05 AM

It was Richard who suggested the name Ashley to Howard for his youngest daughter. It's a shame their friendship fell apart.

by Anonymousreply 9January 1, 2021 8:37 AM

A genuine American eccentric in the best possible sense. From everything I’ve ever read about him, it seems that underneath all of the goofball flamboyance is a deep well of compassion for people, a sincere commitment to helping others. In personality, temperament, upbringing and sexual orientation he and I are nothing alike; yet I find that I admire him deeply, and wish I had the courage to be as selfless and giving as he was before he went into seclusion. I hope he’s happy and in good health.

by Anonymousreply 10January 1, 2021 8:40 AM

I started watching his show in the early 80s and I guess I enjoyed it.

But then he started with all his books/merch/products and I thought his "caring persona" was more or less an act to pull in more dollars.

How many people followed him and bought his videos and never lost a pound...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 1, 2021 10:09 AM

Howard Stern’s fans are always asking about him and want to break into that house and make sure he isn’t being mistreated. They adore him.

by Anonymousreply 12January 1, 2021 10:15 AM

There has to be something wrong with him health wise. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was in a wheelchair or something. He never leaves the house, right?

by Anonymousreply 13January 1, 2021 10:16 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 1, 2021 10:17 AM

Fat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 1, 2021 10:18 AM

Masc

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 1, 2021 10:19 AM

Investigative podcast launched.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 1, 2021 10:22 AM

He’s pulling a “I vant to be alone”. So gay.

by Anonymousreply 18January 1, 2021 10:23 AM

Wasn't he transitioning?

by Anonymousreply 19January 1, 2021 2:45 PM

For a straight guy, he seems to enjoy dressing up in drag. Didn’t somebody on here say they fucked him when he was dressed up as Barbra Streisand?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 3, 2021 3:33 AM

He was and still is an embarrassment to homosexuals everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 21January 3, 2021 3:46 AM

R11 I disagree that his caring persona was an act. He truly did care, and it is clear from his interactions with others who are like him.

During a time when all fitness gurus were muscular men or beautiful women, he was someone who was normal. Toned but not buff. And he was someone who was obese. That is why he made sure to always have fat people in his videos.

I do believe as time went on, he became more and more of a parody of himself. He started to put on an over the top act. People responded by not taking him serious. And, I think he got tired of being the butt of everyones joke.

How many of us gays cannot related? He put on crazy, flamboyant airs for the straights to like us and laugh with us, and then one day we understand that they are laughing at us. In his case maybe it happened to late.

I wish be would wake up and understand that he really isn’t a joke and that many people do look up to him.

by Anonymousreply 22January 3, 2021 4:33 AM

He inspired me to whirlybird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 3, 2021 4:40 AM

She’s fine! She sends her love!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 3, 2021 4:41 AM

Watching these Letterman videos, I still can't believe that he was fucking his entire female staff throughout most of his show. He never seemed like the type, but that's just more proof that I can't read the straights.

by Anonymousreply 25January 3, 2021 6:04 AM

Something is obviously wrong with him. He used to love being out and about and was very social. For that to abruptly stop is bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 26January 3, 2021 6:07 AM

Goodness, he would cry at the drop of a hat. He was a rollercoaster of emotional highs and lows.

by Anonymousreply 27January 3, 2021 6:51 AM

Similar to R22, the Letterman appearances made me increasingly uncomfortable. I was never a fan, but It became obvious that he was being used as a freakshow for the straight audience to gawk at, and he wasn't really witty enough to make something of that position. Something about it started to seem sad and masochistic. I'd like to think he got fed up with that dynamic and that's why he backed away.

by Anonymousreply 28January 3, 2021 7:01 AM

You can buy used Richard Simmons steamers on eBay for around $79

by Anonymousreply 29January 3, 2021 7:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!