Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Wally Cox Was Quite The Hotty When He Got His Top Off

Best friends since childhood in Evanston, Ill. and insinuated by some, the lover of Marlon Brando. Brando kept Cox's cremains in his house and even under the seat of his car, even though Cox's widow threatened to sue him for not scattering them years before as he agreed to. Cox's and Brando's ashes were finally both scattered together in the desert where they loved to go hiking. Though their relationship was tumultuous, since Brando was a full fledge egomaniac and prone to fits of jealously, it was a life long loving relationship.

To me Cox looks like a young Michael Landon here. Brando & Cox like to wrestle at times. And Cox was said to always beat Brando. He was no bespectacled weakling in real life apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 2, 2021 6:24 PM

Wally Cox had a widow??? As in a real woman widow?

by Anonymousreply 1December 23, 2020 6:34 PM

Whatever, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 23, 2020 6:36 PM

I don’t quite know why, but I always thought Wally Cox had BDF.

by Anonymousreply 3December 23, 2020 6:42 PM

Wally Cox was married 3 times.

by Anonymousreply 4December 23, 2020 6:42 PM

Have no fear, Wally Cox is here!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 23, 2020 6:45 PM

Wally was probably a a big-dicked top.

by Anonymousreply 6December 23, 2020 11:31 PM

"Brando told a journalist: "If Wally had been a woman, I would have married him and we would have lived happily ever after." Writer/editor Beauregard Houston-Montgomery said that while under the influence of marijuana, Brando told him that Cox had been the love of his life."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 24, 2020 5:45 AM

He looks like Tobey Maguire at r2

by Anonymousreply 8December 24, 2020 6:12 AM

Don't understand why a surviving widow would willingly give her late husband's ashes to a "friend", then shocked when days, weeks, months and years went by and they weren't disposed of as agreed.

Only two that know real nature of Brando's and Cox's relationship are now dead. People may have the wrong end of the stick, then again could be onto something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 24, 2020 8:40 AM

Speaking of wimpy actors you'd never thought would have rocking body, who knew Tony Randall was so fit? But I'd take his trainer in this picture any day of the week..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 24, 2020 8:41 AM

R9, apparently Wally's widow had asked Brando to go by the funeral home and collect Wally's ashes and take them to the desert and scatter them. Now, why she didn't or couldn't be involved in that I can't say. Maybe she was in too deep a grief, who knows. But, as far as she knew Brando had done exactly that. She found out 3 years later by reading an article about Brando in which he had said he still had Cox's ashes and kept them in his house and at times traveled around with them under the seat of his car. Cox's widow then threatened to sue him if the ashes were not scattered as originally agreed upon or returned to her. I don't know what happened with that lawsuit but it is known that Cox's ashes were never scattered until some time after Brando died in 2004 when both the men's ashes were taken to their favorite hiking spot in the desert and scattered together.

by Anonymousreply 11December 24, 2020 12:00 PM

Did someone mention Tony Randall's big cock?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 24, 2020 2:23 PM

R10 Speaking of wimpy actors -- I always thought Orson Bean had a BDF.

by Anonymousreply 13December 24, 2020 2:27 PM

I bet Wally Cox topped Brando often.

by Anonymousreply 14January 30, 2021 3:16 PM

Wally Cox was quite the fitness buff and had a nice, muscled body. They'd dress him in oversized clothing in his movie and TV appearances to hide it and promote his nerdy bookworm image.

In Cheryl Crane's autobiography, she talks about going to a pool party hosted by Marlon Brando. She saw Wally Cox there and was shocked to see what an incredible body he had.

by Anonymousreply 15January 30, 2021 3:31 PM

Did you put the wrong pic up, OP?

BC. NO.

by Anonymousreply 16January 30, 2021 3:47 PM

Brando had a love triangle going on between Wally Cox and George Englund.

by Anonymousreply 17January 30, 2021 4:05 PM

Marlon and Wally were more than insinuated together

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 30, 2021 4:19 PM

R10, I always found Tony Randall attractive. Not surprised to see how hot he is in that photo. Last week I was watching a rerun of The Odd Couple and Tony was doing some exercising with his shirt off. He was a fifty-something year old guy at the time and still in tip top shape.

Randall was always rumored to be gay, but there was no evidence and he had no obvious male relationships the way that others did. I wonder if he ever hooked up with Rock Hudson.

by Anonymousreply 19January 30, 2021 4:30 PM

Until now I always thought that Wally Cox was in McHale's Navy, but I just looked up his wiki. I was confusing him with Joe Flynn.

by Anonymousreply 20January 30, 2021 5:33 PM

Wally Cox was Mr. Peepers, r20.

by Anonymousreply 21January 30, 2021 5:34 PM

He also starred in another short-lived series, called “The Adventures of Hiram Holliday,” about a mild-mannered, but multi-talented kind of super agent, a la James Bond.

by Anonymousreply 22February 2, 2021 3:00 PM

Cox is very funny in that scene with Monroe in Somethings Got to Give. It looks like it could have been a delightful movie.

by Anonymousreply 23February 2, 2021 3:07 PM

I don't believe Wally Cox and Marlon Brandon were lovers. They were friends; men DO have relationships with other men that aren't sexual. It does happen. I think they really got along well and enjoyed each other's company. I think they did love each other. But fucking each other? I doubt it. But I guess for some people any male friendship between two celebrities simply MUST mean they are both homos.

by Anonymousreply 24February 2, 2021 3:11 PM

Tony Randall was in the "Mr Peepers" TV show too -- he played a pussy hound history teacher at the jr. high school where Cox' character was a shy nerdy science teacher. Marion Lorne (later Aunt Clara on "Betwitched") was also part of the faculty, a dithery spinster English teacher. My parents loved that show but I was too young to remember most of it.

by Anonymousreply 25February 2, 2021 3:15 PM

Why do you doubt it? They could have had a bromance but it's just as possible they had a romance.

by Anonymousreply 26February 2, 2021 3:15 PM

[quote]r23 Cox is very funny in that scene with Monroe in Somethings Got to Give. It looks like it could have been a delightful movie.

Yes. And she’s utterly beautiful in the existing footage.

She was so unstable she would have died shooting her next movie, though, if it hadn’t already happened on that one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 2, 2021 4:35 PM

A very young and nervous Wally Cox flubbing it for DuMont televisions in 1949.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 2, 2021 4:59 PM

I met Cox' widow in the early '80s. She was a middle-aged Carmel matron by then -- looked a bit like Gena Rowlands, casually outdoorsy stylish, nothing flashy. She chain-smoked while her boyish young lawyer (dressed for his tennis match later in the day) explained the legal issue at hand. The subject was tax strategies and I was a very junior member of the group, so I wasn't free to gush and ask her all about the people and events that really interested me. Sigh....

by Anonymousreply 29February 2, 2021 6:12 PM

The Widow Cox - Patricia Tiernan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30February 2, 2021 6:23 PM

Tony Randall had his male admirers, as r12 photo proves. He was married to the same women for over 50 years, which ironically is a cause of suspicion for Hollywood stars.

After his first wife died, he married a 25-year-old and sired two children, his first. He died shortly later.

Here's a photo of Tony and his first wife, Florence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 2, 2021 6:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!