Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CSNY unvarnished, with Stephen Stills being shrieked at by an enraged Graham Nash

Oh my! GET YOUR AXE ON!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 28, 2020 7:21 PM

I always thought Stills was way more talented than Young. I love him, but he became very bitter because Young became far more famous and lauded.

by Anonymousreply 1December 19, 2020 12:17 AM

Oh man, I went through a brief CSNY phase this summer. This video clip CRACKED me up when I found it.

by Anonymousreply 2December 19, 2020 12:20 AM

R1 I think Neil Young just has "it," which Stills never quite had. Stills a very talented musician, but Young just had something special. I used to DESPISE Neil Young's music and am only recently getting into it.

I quite liked the David Crosby documentary. I think all young people should watch it because it really highlights the fact that if you're a total asshole while young, people won't like you when you're an old man and have no one to make music with!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 19, 2020 12:23 AM

Nash seems so nice. Stills looks like a mad thumb.

by Anonymousreply 4December 19, 2020 12:23 AM

WTF is that on Nash’s earlobe? Grosssssss. Is that a cauliflower ear? A fatty tumor? I just threw up.

by Anonymousreply 5December 19, 2020 12:34 AM

It looks like a cauliflower ear.

by Anonymousreply 6December 19, 2020 1:29 AM

Stills used to say that the reason Neil wrote "Ohio" was because he was jealous of Stills' "For What It's Worth"

by Anonymousreply 7December 19, 2020 1:36 AM

Stephen Stills seems like a brusque jerk.

by Anonymousreply 8December 19, 2020 1:44 AM

Well, at least Neil wrote about a serious subject. After all, "For What It's Worth" was ultimately about a bunch of teenyboppers rioting about the Sunset Strip curfew.

by Anonymousreply 9December 19, 2020 1:45 AM

For your pleasure here's Crosby, Stills, Nash, Young & Jones:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 19, 2020 1:47 AM

Stills was always the sexy one. Young was just plain ugly.

by Anonymousreply 11December 19, 2020 1:49 AM

Stills, sexy? He had raggedy teeth and thinning hair. Noo way.

by Anonymousreply 12December 19, 2020 2:12 AM

I'm also going to post David Crosby's twitter spat with Roger McGuinn here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 19, 2020 2:21 AM

[quote]Stills, sexy? He had raggedy teeth and thinning hair. Noo way.

Which is why The Monkees took his buddy Peter Tork instead of him when they auditioned.

I would've loved to have been here to watch this (before my time, but I'm so obsessed with the late 60s)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 19, 2020 3:09 AM

I love Graham Nash.

by Anonymousreply 15December 19, 2020 2:09 PM

I loved Nash’s solo album “Songs For Beginners” which is chock full of guest stars like Jerry Garcia, Rita Coolidge, Stephen Stills, Dave Mason, Bobby Keys, etc. Apparently all four CSN&Y members did a solo album in 1971, but this album is pretty heartfelt and special.

by Anonymousreply 16December 19, 2020 4:39 PM

David Crosby looks to be broke... again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 19, 2020 11:26 PM

Where did his money go?

by Anonymousreply 18December 20, 2020 12:44 AM

so joking aside, if an artist gets a percentage of a penny per stream, how do young stars today like Arianna Grande and Taylor Swift live so lavishly? Their CD and download numbers have to be small as their fans are the streaming demographic.

by Anonymousreply 19December 20, 2020 12:51 AM

Doesn't Crosby make major moolah with a pot farm in Santa Ynez?

by Anonymousreply 20December 20, 2020 2:51 PM

R19: If they have decent management, meaning a sharp negotiator and business adept working FOR them, they make a ton of money on concerts and tours. The tour isn't really in support of the new album, it's the other way around. Albums are meant as a kind of keepsake from the summer '19 tour, etc. Artists never made much from the record companies. They have to tour, it's why they complain about the road, write love songs to the road, etc. "On the road again..." "Pre-road downs" etc.

They virtually live on the road. And the virtual world (streaming) lives off of them!

by Anonymousreply 21December 28, 2020 7:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!