Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Feud: Helmut Berger vs. Alain Delon

Helmut Berger on Alain Delon:

Those around me know my dreadful ambivalence: I can be the nicest man, or the nastiest man. The one who experienced this last aspect of my personality do not forget it. No more Alain Delon than Marisa Berenson or Richard Burton.

Delon really wanted to take the great love of my life from me, the genius filmmaker, the so spiritual, the tender and elegant Luchino Visconti.

Delon had nothing to offer, he just wanted the best roles. I admit that he was a handsome man at one time, but always calculating.

To serve his ends, Delon went so far as to use his son Anthony. He made him write love letters to Visconti, with his childish handwriting. But I ruined his plans.

One day, Delon visited us. I opened the door and, to piss him off, I asked him what his name was. Pretending not to know him, I slammed the door in his face.

I knew immediately that he was going to resort to any means to advance his career. It was the red alert because, well obviously I was also worried about my relationship with Visconti.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 14, 2020 10:12 PM

Delon did not disassemble and rang the doorbell like a madman. It was finally Luchino's butler who opened the door. he let him in and announced the visit to Visconti. Luchino received him in the living room.

Pissed off, I drove into town to calm the anger that Delon’s impertinence had sparked.

In the evening I explained my fears to Visconti and asked him to hold professional meetings with the French at the hotel, if these were really needed.

Shortly after, when love letters from Delon containing statements of hidden love arrived at the house, I gave an ultimatum to Visconti. No, I won't be a willing cuckold!

It's still amazing: a father dictated his statements exalted to his seven year old son! I found that repugnant.

I did everything to ensure that Visconti did not never again to work with Delon. He had been lucky by two times and that was good enough. The films Rocco and his brothers and The Cheetah had been filmed before my relationship with Luchino.

Even the Delon's friends found themselves struck off the mailing lists. We can say it: I took good care of his case.

To complete my revenge, I fucked Nathalie, the wife of Delon. I liked her very much indeed. We had fun at three with Maria Schneider, who became famous alongside Marlon Brando in The Last Tango in Paris.

But an actor needs a large audience to be really happy. So I contacted a journalist friend to tell him some details and made sure so that they reached the ears of the cuckold and the public.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 12, 2020 11:33 PM

Gala: You have been a very jealous lover. Not to say cruel to those you considered rivals. Why, for example, so much hatred against Alain Delon?

H. B .: I didn't want to be a gorgeous cuckold. I didn't really know Delon. I got closer to Nathalie, his ex-wife. I will never forgive Delon for manipulating their then five-year-old son Anthony into reaching Luchino. Delon made him write love letters to Visconti, signed with his little child's hand.

Luchino never mentioned Delon with me, despite my questioning. I'll never know what happened between them. I was clear with Visconti, telling him, “It's Delon or me, if you go around with that sidewalk guy, I'll leave you".

Q: What do you think of Alain Delon as an actor?

BERGER: What? Delon isn't an actor at all, he's a hustler, the poor asshole. There are people who fuck their careers. I didn't do that.

Q: After all, you also had a sexual relationship with Visconti.

BERGER: But that was the only one. I am not a stick boy. Are you crazy? Where is strychnine? I didn't have to fuck to get a role. How long do you think I would have had to fuck to play Ludwig the Second!

Q: Romy Schneider was a great friend of yours?

BERGER:She was a torn person - that's probably why we got along so well and could understand each other ..., sometimes she was right at the top, then, bye, at the bottom. She touched me very much. But she also had enough reason to be depressed: always with the wrong men, the death of her child ... Romy always fell in love with pigs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 12, 2020 11:47 PM

I gave Delon a blowjob but wouldn’t have wanted to give Berger one. That pissy queen would have looked down at me barking directions. Delon gazed straight ahead the entire time, never looking down at me or uttering a sound, even when he climaxed.

by Anonymousreply 3December 12, 2020 11:50 PM

Alain Delon on Helmut Berger:

Q-How did you take the rumors about the connection between Visconti and you?

Delon - this came from his German friend, Helmut Berger. This German jerk was jealous of the relationship between me and Visconti.

Delon then then reacts to his physique that we could qualify at the time as feminine: "Maybe. It's true that men used to say to me: 'You are as beautiful as a chick!' But I was very young and this is all a long way off. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 12, 2020 11:53 PM

Berger sounds like a complete cunt. Delon was far better looking.

by Anonymousreply 5December 12, 2020 11:53 PM

From Richard Burton diaries: (Talking about Alain Delon and Visconti)

"Actually, I know very little about his acting as I have, as far as I know, only seen him once in a film called Rocco and his brothers which must have been made about 1960.

A Visconti film, I think, in which Delon seemed as queer as an Arab but very very pretty and Visconti, with who, I hear, he set up house for a few years, and the camera lingered lovingly and almost lasciviously over his exquisite little bones in vast close-up after vast close-up.

Recently – that is a year or two ago – he was involved with an underworld killing of some kind. His chauffeur-companion, a bad lot with a record who was Delon's ‘bodyguard’ as well was shot dead in Delon's house in Paris or maybe it was an apartment."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 12, 2020 11:58 PM

French Actor Alain Delon Says Homosexuality is ‘Against Nature’

French actor Alain Delon told a French television station that homosexuality is "against nature" in an interview about his opposition to gay adoption, Pink News reports:

Delon Speaking live on France 2, he was asked about his controversial stance on prohibiting same-sex couples from having children.

He responded: “Yes, it is against nature, I’m sorry.

“We are here to love a woman, to woo a woman, not to flirt with or get picked up by guys.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 13, 2020 12:07 AM

All right, so they're both twats.

by Anonymousreply 8December 13, 2020 12:09 AM

I love both but I find their "feud" hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 9December 13, 2020 12:15 AM

If there is a Feud: Berger vs. Delon movie. Who can play young Alain Delon and young Helmut Berger?!

by Anonymousreply 10December 13, 2020 12:17 AM

Delon: whack Andres Sanjuan in the head with a frying pan. Berger: James Van Der Beek in a gimp suit.

by Anonymousreply 11December 13, 2020 12:19 AM

R3 You wrote about this on DL before, but Are you sure this was old Alain Delon, and not another old man who looked like him?? I found it strange that Delon would risk being busted doing this.

by Anonymousreply 12December 13, 2020 12:20 AM

Between Alain Delon and Helmut Berger. Visconti had a boyfriend, "a German who looked like Alain Delon"

Visconti named his favorite dog, "Rocco"

by Anonymousreply 13December 13, 2020 12:31 AM

They were both hot as hell and it's hilarious they were fighting over such a fossil.

by Anonymousreply 14December 13, 2020 1:02 AM

I remember someone describing Visconti - I don't know if it was Gore Vidal? - but the impression I received was that Visconti had a powerful personal charisma, something that seemed dazzlingly aristocratic. I could see him being attractive to a pair of young chancers like Delon and Berger.

by Anonymousreply 15December 13, 2020 1:05 AM

Richard Burton on Alain Delon's calculating opportunism (From Burton's diaries):

"I think Ron would be on more securely prophetic grounds if he warned me of Alain Delon who apparently will go with a Swan to get on.

Now there's a bloke who would like to get Elizabeth Taylor away from Richard Burton if you like. Look at the publicity for Chrissake, and in Rome too of all places. And I mean, this guy had a go at Elizabeth through an emissary . Here is a man who will stop at very little.

I don't know him and neither does E but I have an idea that I know his type very well. A sort of perennial juvenile delinquent who gets vicarious kicks out of hob-nobbing with the underworld."

by Anonymousreply 16December 13, 2020 1:16 AM

Why does it seem very beautiful men are also mentally insane?

by Anonymousreply 17December 13, 2020 1:17 AM

"Pissed off, I drove into town to calm the anger that Delon’s impertinence had sparked."

This is the sort of thing I'd expect a genuine countess with a ton of bucks to say and do, not some bimbo who looked like Peter Berlin on a bad underwear day.

by Anonymousreply 18December 13, 2020 1:18 AM

The way Helmut looking at Visconti is funny!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 13, 2020 1:21 AM

R18 Welcome to DL, Alain.

Hope you enjoy all the bitching.

by Anonymousreply 20December 13, 2020 1:22 AM

Darling, you have me all wrong.

I'm actually Mia Farrow.

:(

by Anonymousreply 21December 13, 2020 1:24 AM

R17 Not all of them.

by Anonymousreply 22December 13, 2020 1:25 AM

Alain Delon inviting Visconti to his son Anthony's Christening. (Visconti hadn't met Helmut Berger yet.) .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 13, 2020 1:33 AM

R22 Master and bitch. Both crazy yet beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 13, 2020 1:39 AM

R24 What about me?

by Anonymousreply 25December 13, 2020 1:40 AM

Burt Lancaster (who was a close friend to Visconti) said that "Visconti never had the capacity to love".

by Anonymousreply 26December 13, 2020 1:42 AM

How close we talkin’?

by Anonymousreply 27December 13, 2020 1:58 AM

Crotch to butt close.

by Anonymousreply 28December 13, 2020 2:09 AM

R27 They were friends. I don't know to what extent.

by Anonymousreply 29December 13, 2020 2:29 AM

Helmut Berger, Burt Lancaster and Visconti.

Helmut Berger said he had a crush on Burt Lancaster during the filming of "Conversation piece", and at a certain moment he thought of leaving Visconti for Burt but he couldn't leave his "old man". He admitted "Thank God, the film finished, I might have corrupted him".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 13, 2020 8:27 PM

From Japan Society Film:

[quote]Kyoko Kagawa, Alain Delon and Haruko Wanibuchi, c. 1963

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 14, 2020 6:31 PM

R31 Japan in particular worship Alain Delon. They consider him God there!!

by Anonymousreply 32December 14, 2020 8:40 PM

There seems to be a Berger/Delon/Visconti troll on DL. A new thread every few weeks, geez.

by Anonymousreply 33December 14, 2020 8:58 PM

R33 Better every few weeks than every day.

by Anonymousreply 34December 14, 2020 9:03 PM

Luchino Visconti di Modrone, Count of Lonate Pozzolo, may have been an old toad, but I'm sure the Visconti name alone attracted a lot of social climbers and hangers on. The Visconti of Milan were the noblest of Milanese families, along with their rivals, the Della Torre and Sforza.

by Anonymousreply 35December 14, 2020 9:45 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 14, 2020 10:02 PM

Visconti loved Alain Delon but also Adored Delon's then fiance Romy Schneider.

With Helmut Berger, Visconti also loved Berger's girlfriend at the time, Marisa Berenson, treated her like a daughter and even wanted Helmut and Marisa to get married.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 14, 2020 10:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!