Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Was Jim Carrey ever considered attractive?

I've always secretly thought he was kind of hot, at least in his younger years. He does look a bit rough around the edges now. I was surprised (and kind of turned on) by watching him fuck a man onscreen in "I Love You, Phillip Morris", let alone screaming "I'm gonna cum in your ass!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71December 26, 2020 5:14 AM

I'm sure he was by some people. I always found him sleazy myself.

by Anonymousreply 1December 8, 2020 3:20 AM

He has herpes, stay away!

by Anonymousreply 2December 8, 2020 3:20 AM

I've never found him attractive, but DL fave Linda Ronstadt fucked him for awhile. Then again, she was fucking many guys in showbiz, including every, ahem, member of her band.

by Anonymousreply 3December 8, 2020 3:23 AM

Eww, No

by Anonymousreply 4December 8, 2020 3:24 AM

Yes, he was very attractive without the facial gurning.

Geena Davis said 'he's cute!' in one of his first roles.

He had a skinny torso before he got wrinkly and ratty.

by Anonymousreply 5December 8, 2020 3:25 AM

When he was young he was actually moderately attractive if he played it fairly straight, he was tallish and sort of unremarkably good-looking when he kept the crazy in check, with really beautiful big brown eyes. I remember one film he made about vampires chasing after a male virgin, he was downright cute!

He was never considered sexy, of course. He played a few roles as a puppy-eyed male ingenue, but mostly he played the batshit comedy that made him famous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2020 3:25 AM

Oh yeah, "Earth Girls are Easy"! Which is a bad-but-fun sci-fi musical comedy, and he played one of three furry aliens who end up shaving off their fur and disguising themselves as humans. Carrey came out as a sort of cute surfer type, but Jeff Goldbloom got the role of the sexy alien.

Carrey has never in his life played a sexy man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2020 3:27 AM

No, OP. He's always been gross.

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2020 3:31 AM

Yes he was attractive, just not funny.

by Anonymousreply 9December 8, 2020 3:35 AM

HIs looks reminded me of a young Harry Wayne Casey from KC and the Sunshine band and I found him attractive.

by Anonymousreply 10December 8, 2020 3:39 AM

I remember lingering a LONG time in the foyer of a cinema for this movie (which I haven't actually seen).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2020 3:42 AM

Yes, he was stunningly handsome when he made $20 million a movie.

by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2020 3:47 AM

He's Canadian so the answer is... not really.

by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2020 3:52 AM

The "I Love You, Phillip Morris" sex scene

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 8, 2020 3:53 AM

Oh, that was unpleasant.

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2020 4:03 AM

'90s Jim

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2020 4:04 AM

His leg looks deformed in R11’s pic.

by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2020 4:06 AM

There's something extremely sad and dark about him, despite his persona. I feel uncomfortable watching him on screen. He's like the ultimate "sad clown" archetype.

by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2020 4:07 AM

R18 if I recall correctly, he was raised in poverty and he and his family lived out of their car throughout his childhood. I think his upbringing was very unstable, which is where that sadness comes from (masked by humor, of course).

by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2020 4:17 AM

He got buff for a few years and looked good but then became a dedicated anti-vaxxer with Jenny McCarthy.

by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2020 4:19 AM

Carrey was a moderately nice looking guy but that was never his draw card. He was never marketed as being a pinup boy.

It was his over the top charismatic persona, vocal abilities and facial expressions that he made a career out of.

Here's an example. Image 1 = normal. Image 2 = boom!

See it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 8, 2020 4:27 AM

Image 2:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 8, 2020 4:27 AM

He's cute and you know it. Get over yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2020 4:31 AM

R19 I wonder why his darkness/sadness makes me so uncomfortable.

I mean, I can laugh at a Richard Pryor’s comedy and he had quite a sordid (if sad) background, too, and was touched upon a a lot in his comedy. Not to say that Jim Carey is on the same level of Richard Pryor, just that Pryor didn’t repulse me.

by Anonymousreply 24December 8, 2020 4:32 AM

"[R19] I wonder why his darkness/sadness makes me so uncomfortable."

My understanding is that his family started out middle class, his father lost his job, the family lost their home and lived in the family van for years. And that when Carrey was a teenager, the whole family ended up working for some small businessman who "rescued them", as in, the kids would come home from high school and put in hours of minimum wage (or less) labor alongside their parents, just to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table.

So grew up experiencing what middle-class people fear the most, the collapse of their status and the descent into hopeless poverty, and I've heard him say "... and the truth is, there's no safety in this world...". So IMHO in addition to the sadness and darkness inside him is incredible rage and fear, plus the knowledge that people like you and me are dancing on the surface of a soap bubble that could pop at any time. So while he can be very funny in the right role, I think we can pick up something deep inside him that's really there, the experience of living all our darkest fears.

Maybe other people get that from Richard Pryor, whose early life was also desperately hard. But Pryor's early experiences were so alien to middle-class white people that I don't think we pick up the dark and threatening vibes that are probably there, they aren't in a form we understand. But with Carrey, they are.

by Anonymousreply 25December 8, 2020 4:47 AM

I found him attractive in “Once Bitten” with Lauren Hutton. Her vampire character takes blood from the groin and so my young self found it all very erotic. I developed a crush on him then.

by Anonymousreply 26December 8, 2020 4:54 AM

When he was younger, he was definitely attractive/cute, but with all his extreme facial expressions, i do think it took away from his looks. however, looks aren't the end all be all in the world. he's done well for himself, despite some of his weird missteps a la Jenny McCarthy. i sense a deep darkness inside of him. i think that's why he's turned to painting (i'll be honest, i can't recall a thing he's painted but i do recall not being underwhelmed when i saw a few). i think he's pretty tortured. and has an STD, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 27December 8, 2020 4:57 AM

He was cute as fuck up until about 2001.

by Anonymousreply 28December 8, 2020 4:59 AM

Here's one of his paintings. He is not without ability.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 8, 2020 5:04 AM

Nope. His big break was in a an almost all black comedy series called In Living Color. They needed a token ugly white guy to prove they were diverse. He fit the bill since you know, "all white guys basically looked the same" kind of roll reversal. No one else would hire him and he's still using that same stupid character today in a poorly executed attempt of Joe Biden on SNL It's basically Fire Marshal Bill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 8, 2020 5:14 AM

I thought he was cute. The kind of basic cute that definitely doesn't last that long. You barely saw it because most of the time he was making all of these bizarre boner killing expressions on his face. But yeah he was cute for a brief period of time. He could do with a non-aggressive facelift and a tiny bit of fillers right now.

But yeah that Phillip Morris movie was a little hot. Him and Ewan going at it was kinda sexy.

by Anonymousreply 31December 8, 2020 5:16 AM

tall lanky dark hair and puppy dog eyes

big d...you just know it!

my type!

by Anonymousreply 32December 8, 2020 5:18 AM

We haven't seen his penis.

by Anonymousreply 33December 8, 2020 5:21 AM

R32 Don't forget the herpes, dear. It seems to be going around Hollywood these days.

by Anonymousreply 34December 8, 2020 5:22 AM

Yes he is very talented artistically R29. I was quite surprised when I first saw his artwork.

by Anonymousreply 35December 8, 2020 5:23 AM

herpes is going around everywhere, deer.

by Anonymousreply 36December 8, 2020 5:25 AM

I’d eat his ass.

by Anonymousreply 37December 8, 2020 5:27 AM

That's probably where you hot your Herpes lip Dear.

by Anonymousreply 38December 8, 2020 5:36 AM

and i'm sure no twink ass has the herp.

by Anonymousreply 39December 8, 2020 5:37 AM

He has every STD known to man.

He gave three — three! — to that girlfriend who ended up killing herself.

If Treasure Island Media had a straight division, he'd be their #1 star.

by Anonymousreply 40December 8, 2020 6:43 AM

Jim karey haz no stddds!!!

by Anonymousreply 41December 8, 2020 6:52 AM

I thought he was cute in a movie that I cannot remember the name of -- he played the brother to a closeted gay man who had just married a woman. It was all a rather serious movie. None of his trademark comedy involved in the role.

by Anonymousreply 42December 8, 2020 6:56 AM

Fun fact: I took that very issue of Rolling Stone to a book reading by P.J. O’Rourke, and had him autograph it. He was friendly and hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 43December 8, 2020 9:12 AM

I thought he was beautiful in the film Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, depressed and with big hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 8, 2020 9:42 AM

People here have hit it on the head. He is reasonably attractive. I mean, you kind of need to be halfway decent to get work in Hollywood. It’s just all of his slapstick avoids sex symbol really. That gay sex scene was indeed hot up thread.

I remember being a gayling and being taken to the movies to see Me, Myself, and Irene and ever since then, I watch just for Carey’s humor AND swagger. When he played that role of Hank, he just oozed like such a man. Again, I watch this movie to this day because my young self was just completed attracted to him in that movie.

It’s fake, but as a young gay you don’t know that...you just see BIG DICK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 8, 2020 9:57 AM

Fun with Dick and Jane and Ace Ventura are other roles he’s good looking in.

The Grinch gives me SUCH a boner killer even tho he was PERFECT for it.

by Anonymousreply 46December 8, 2020 9:58 AM

R42 “Doing Time on Maple Drive“, with Lori Loughlin and William McNamara, made in 1992

by Anonymousreply 47December 8, 2020 11:10 AM

He was cute in Once Bitten and Peggy Sue Got Married, but never HOT.

by Anonymousreply 48December 8, 2020 11:28 AM

R32 you just described my type precisely as well. Guys like that make me melt. Jim Carrey falls into that category.

by Anonymousreply 49December 8, 2020 1:47 PM

Oh just fuck off with the herpes garbage postings. 2 in 3 people have it in one form or the other.

Here's some facts cunt:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50December 8, 2020 1:52 PM

He's never been funny.

by Anonymousreply 51December 8, 2020 1:55 PM

I’d let him bang me

by Anonymousreply 52December 8, 2020 1:59 PM

Creepy at best

by Anonymousreply 53December 8, 2020 2:00 PM

I dread watching his Biden on SNL. Hopefully Lorne Michaels will come to his senses and get someone else to play him.

by Anonymousreply 54December 8, 2020 2:01 PM

He had a cute ass in "Me, Myself and Irene"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55December 8, 2020 2:09 PM

Really R30? That was not the impression I got at all about ILC. I watched it when it originally aired and thought he was taking the traditional TV extremist comedian to the next level. Kind of like Belushi in his time. The gender bending and tasteless gags seemed right in line with Men on Film and other skits done of the show. I figured that is why Keenan hired him. Fox's brand back then was boundary crossing. Believe it or not, the Simpsons, Married with children and Tracy Ullman were all making jokes back then that other people were staying away from.

Yeah, I found him attractive. But I was more attracted to the talent than the looks. He did clean up well. If he had bulked up he probably would have been outright hot with his height and facial features. But I think he intentionally stayed away from that to reinforce the fact that it was his talent that advanced him.

All that being said, his Biden is not good. But really, all the guest stars in those openings are calling it in.

by Anonymousreply 56December 8, 2020 2:17 PM

I agree, R44. He looked good (as in 'human') in Eternal Sunshine.

by Anonymousreply 57December 8, 2020 2:36 PM

R47, thanks! That was the one.

by Anonymousreply 58December 8, 2020 2:38 PM

I don’t find him sexy but I like his mind and attitude

by Anonymousreply 59December 8, 2020 2:39 PM

[quote] “Doing Time on Maple Drive“, with Lori Loughlin and William McNamara, made in 1992

Yeah, he was very handsome in this film. And played gay, if I remember right?

II always thought he was handsome in a generic way, and his rubbery face is what gave him the flexibility to portray some of the various things he did.

Then again my first BF looked a lot like him so yeah, I guess I am biased. LOL

by Anonymousreply 60December 8, 2020 2:46 PM

R40 How do you know? Seriously, how did that info get out? Yuk!

by Anonymousreply 61December 8, 2020 3:40 PM

His teeth were always too big for his mouth. It's an American thing. They never take any out when they fix them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 8, 2020 3:54 PM

I was a tween when he started getting really popular in 1994...

Even though that's around the time I started noticing guys, I did not find Jim Carrey attractive...at all. He was a little too annoying to view in a sexual light.

by Anonymousreply 63December 8, 2020 3:57 PM

Big teeth, big mouth thin lips are usually not a recipe for handsome.

by Anonymousreply 64December 9, 2020 5:34 AM

R62 he's Canadian

by Anonymousreply 65December 26, 2020 1:49 AM

ABSOLUTELY NOT

by Anonymousreply 66December 26, 2020 1:52 AM

I like his body

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67December 26, 2020 1:57 AM

We have seen his penis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 26, 2020 2:38 AM

I really liked Cable Guy. Especially the Grace Slick part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69December 26, 2020 2:43 AM

I always thought he was handsome when he was young. I do remember him looking good in Doing Time on Maple Drive in 1992 as the brother of gay William McNamara.

by Anonymousreply 70December 26, 2020 2:47 AM

R68 it looks good-sized to me.

by Anonymousreply 71December 26, 2020 5:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!