Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why did Gwyneth Paltrow’s Film Career Go Down the Shitter?

You’d think that she’d be where Meryl Streep’s career was when she was Gwyneth’s age. But her film roles have shrunk in scope and depth. Now she claims to be focusing on her lifestyle webpage, with the vaginal steaming and what have you. Is it because of her links to Weinstein’s drama? Weren’t people getting fed up with her before all that muck?

Poor Gwynnie-can one of those jade eggs in her snatch solve her problems?

by Anonymousreply 266December 25, 2020 6:59 AM

Goop rhymes with Poop and I find that very fitting.

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2020 7:51 PM

Maybe because she’s a rotten actress?

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2020 8:14 PM

She's a stock mediocre white woman. Her roles were easily replaced by one of the other boring, bland, waifish white women floating around Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2020 8:20 PM

Because her brain has shrunk in scope and depth.

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2020 8:31 PM

She's rich and doesn't need an acting career.

by Anonymousreply 5December 2, 2020 8:44 PM

She was never popular with the public, she just had a lot of connections. She was basically a modern-day Norma Shearer.

by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2020 8:51 PM

She has large feet.

by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2020 8:55 PM

Didn't she become a big deal around the time she was dating Brad Pitt? Being with him tends to help actresses vault to the "A" list (see Aniston, Jennifer).

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2020 9:01 PM

Yeah, right, R8

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2020 9:04 PM

Mediocre actress, the end of Harvey Weinstein, plain looking, and just being an insufferable cunt in general.

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2020 9:04 PM

When was Paltrow ever on Streep's level?

She never was.

And the GOOP antics aren't really helping her image

by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2020 9:06 PM

Oscar bait that didn't click. She either needed more nominations or to be in hits. Neither happened. Iron Man kept her from total obscurity.

by Anonymousreply 12December 2, 2020 9:06 PM

Good actress, but not enough range or ambition to keep a career going strong after forty.

And yes, I know she's ambitious, but she seems to have funneled much of her ambition into being a lifestyle guru, a position that lets her go ahead and act like the queen bee aspirational bitch she always was.

by Anonymousreply 13December 2, 2020 11:00 PM

I understand why people don’t like her personality, but she has talent as an actor. I was impressed with her as a teen in Flesh and Bone and she went on to do fine work as an adult including Emma, Proof, The Talented Mr. Ripley, and yes, Shakespeare in Love, for which I thought her Oscar was deserved.

by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2020 11:05 PM

I wish I’d chucked her down the pan.

by Anonymousreply 15December 3, 2020 1:18 AM

She’s a good enough actress but around the time of Iron Man she seemed to give up. Then she got more and more pretentious with her brand and silly website. When People magazine named her most beautiful people really hated on her.

by Anonymousreply 16December 3, 2020 1:27 AM

R10=Fernanda Montenegro

by Anonymousreply 17December 3, 2020 3:48 AM

She's good in the Netflix series The Politician but, many of the reasons above are true and I don't think she was that into an acting career.

by Anonymousreply 18December 3, 2020 4:10 AM

She isn't very attractive and an average actress. Nepotism. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 19December 3, 2020 4:41 AM

Was she ever really much of an actress? I've always got the impression that she was simply a Movie Star with good agents. Agents so good that they somehow fooled The Academy into giving her an undeserved Oscar. Like R3 pointed out, I've also always found her bland and completely replaceable in everything I've ever seen her in.

With that said, there isn't much work for an Aging Moving Queen who's only a fair actress. Thankfully (for her), she was smart enough to diversify and pursue other interests, like Goop.

by Anonymousreply 20December 3, 2020 4:51 AM

Yeah as said above all her Oscar baity stuff (Proof, Sylvia, that thing with Ben Affleck where she plays a widow) flopped. The public didn't like her and she started being known as a haughty bitch more than an actress.

So many missteps like the 9/11 comments she got flack for, that awful Jon Stewart interview where he said she was like every girl he tried to talk to in high school as she sat there seeming bored and above it all.

Toodles.

by Anonymousreply 21December 3, 2020 4:51 AM

[quote]The public didn't like her and she started being known as a haughty bitch more than an actress.

Definitely. She never clicked with the public. She came across as very snobbish and elitist, too good for 99% of the population. You can't be a popular celebrity when the public thinks you're a snooty cunt.

Her career was really all about who she knew and what her connections were, and then she got older and a new generation of skinny blonde bitches got cast in the roles she was now too old for.

by Anonymousreply 22December 3, 2020 4:57 AM

I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 23December 3, 2020 4:58 AM

She's no Cate Blanchett, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 24December 3, 2020 5:00 AM

Too many flops. Sylvia, Proof, Possession, Country Strong.

by Anonymousreply 25December 3, 2020 5:04 AM

Remember "Hush" with Jessica Lange?

You almost feel like any minute Lange is going to say get me out of this crappy movie!!!

by Anonymousreply 26December 3, 2020 5:06 AM

I thought she was very promising and talented when she started out. She was perfect in "The Talented Mr. Ripley" - a favorite of mine. I think she's an ideal example of someone who would have been terrific in the early Hollywood way of having someone micro manage your image. As it was she was left to her own devices and revealed what an obnoxious person she really was.

Good film roles and red carpet appearances. If that was all there was she would have been terrific.

by Anonymousreply 27December 3, 2020 5:10 AM

R21, I remember being a teenager and watching the Oscar telecast when she won. At the time she was the hot new ingenue and the press were kissing her ass to the point of ridiculousness. This was before any bad press/scandals. During either her acceptance speech or the backstage interview, she said something like "You see America? THIS is what can happen when you have good parents and a good upbringing!" It smacked of conceit and pretentiousness. I haven't liked her every since. And she quickly went on to show the world her true personality.

Then there was the time at some other telecast years later, when she was presenting an award to Anthony Hopkins. Throughout her speech she KEPT haughtily pronouncing his name as An-TONY Hopkins. "An-TONY Hopkins this" & "An-TONY that". When ANTHONY finally came on stage to accept his award (being the Brit smart ass that he is), he looked at her and said "no one's ever called me AnTONY before in my life"! LOL. That bitch stood there with the egg on her pretentious face in front of millions. LOL. It was both embarrassing and hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 28December 3, 2020 5:14 AM

R/8 Now I love ANTHONY even more.

by Anonymousreply 29December 3, 2020 12:43 PM

Her status is somewhat solid because she was in films by great directors: Fincher, Cuaron, PT Anderson, Wes Anderson. I'll still watch Royal Tennenbaums and Ripley anytime someone wants to. The one she did with Joaquin Phoneix is also quite good. I think it's hard now to separate her personality from the work. I think it's also a case of I dumped them when the roles dried up. Which hey why not. GOOP is a success, like it or not. You can't tell me she wouldn't jump at acting again if Scorsese called, lol.

by Anonymousreply 30December 3, 2020 11:20 PM

She even called Billy Joel, "William" on that ridiculous GOOP site.

by Anonymousreply 31December 4, 2020 1:23 AM

Big bird looking bitch!

by Anonymousreply 32December 4, 2020 1:33 AM

What award did she present to Hopkins? I'm trying to find it on youtube. It was't his Oscar that was Kathy Bates presenting.

by Anonymousreply 33December 4, 2020 1:59 AM

I found it.

Here is Gwyneth presenting to Antony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 4, 2020 4:50 AM

She's a very talented actress actually. What I don't understand is how she became rich. For the longest time she only did small indie movies.

I love her performances in Proof, Hard Eight, Sylvia, Sliding Doors, View From The Top, Iron Man. Very versatile actress too.

by Anonymousreply 35December 4, 2020 5:02 AM

She fucked Harvey for years and acted like she was pure as the driven snow and won her Oscar based on merit. That’s why people hate her.

She fucked Jay-z and queen Beyoncé bounced her out of the in crowd. She deserves it, the Joker-mouthed slut.

by Anonymousreply 36December 4, 2020 8:14 AM

I think it has more to do with fact that GOOP lost interest in her film career.

by Anonymousreply 37December 4, 2020 8:42 AM

[quote] love her performances in Proof, Hard Eight, Sylvia, Sliding Doors, View From The Top, Iron Man. Very versatile actress too.

What r35 said. She's a fantastic actress. In addition to the roles you mentioned, I thought she was great in Emma, Possession, The Talented Mr Ripley, Seven, A Perfect Murder and, my own personal favourite, Two Lovers where she more than held her own opposite the always great Joaquin Phoenix. I even enjoyed her in Shakespeare in Love, The Pallbearer and Country Strong.

DL will never be objective when it comes to Gwyneth Paltrow, hence the malice and pettiness will continue. They'll always try to spitefully bring her down a peg as they would with any successful woman who obliviously flaunts her privileged background without shame or irony. They'll say she only became a star due to her family connections (probably true) or that she won the Oscar due to a push from Harvey Weinstein (likely true) who she fucked to get ahead (probably not true: - remember she was one of the first to MeToo him and she went straight to Brad Pitt who confronted Harvey on her behalf).

But I digress: the real reason her acting career isn't as big anymore is Goop, which has made her more money than she ever earned in her entire career as an actress.

by Anonymousreply 38December 4, 2020 9:17 AM

R38 = Blythe Danner. AKA Dr. Frankenstein.

by Anonymousreply 39December 4, 2020 1:41 PM

[QUOTE] When ANTHONY finally came on stage to accept his award (being the Brit smart ass that he is), he looked at her and said "no one's ever called me AnTONY before in my life"! LOL. That bitch stood there with the egg on her pretentious face in front of millions. LOL. It was both embarrassing and hilarious.

I just watched the video and this doesn’t even happen. Did you make it up inside of your head?

by Anonymousreply 40December 4, 2020 1:54 PM

Fantastic is a bit of a stretch. She's adequate to good, depending on the role. I've never seen her truly own a role, where you can't imagine any other actress playing that part.

by Anonymousreply 41December 4, 2020 2:44 PM

Does her pussy stink?

by Anonymousreply 42December 4, 2020 3:18 PM

R33, it was the 2006 Golden Globes.

R40, that clip is HEAVILY edited! Not only is GOOP's intro speech where she calls him AnTONY several times missing (we do get one AnTONY at 10 seconds into the video), but they also edited Anthony's speech. If he didn't dress GOOP down on stage, then he did it backstage. I can assure you that GOOPs pronunciation of Anthony's name and his comeback to her (whether on stage or backstage) were a thing in 2006.

I've attached an article from a few years back that makes reference to the incident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43December 4, 2020 4:42 PM

R42, who knows? But it must look like a Chinese dumpling from all of the vag-steaming she does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 4, 2020 4:46 PM

R40, Here's a forum thread from January 2006 where it was discussed. At the time someone commented: "Has Anthony Hopkins' name always been pronounced "Antony", or was that just a Gwyneth afffectation? She's so repellent. She's always seemed pleased-with-herself and overly entitled, but now she just seems so dumb about it." LOL.

I'm sure I could find more evidence online if I looked even harder. I didn't just pull this incident out of my ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 4, 2020 4:49 PM

Anthony is an English name, and you do pronounce it "Anne-tonny", so Hopkins was just being a rude Welshman.

by Anonymousreply 46December 4, 2020 5:20 PM

That may be true, but neither Anthony or the general public has ever pronounced it that way. Gwyneth was just showing her "superiority" over the common folk, as usual.

by Anonymousreply 47December 4, 2020 5:31 PM

R38 You really think that siccing her boyfriend on Harvey would really dissuade him? Did none of Harvey’s other victims have men in their lives?

And if Harvey was actually rebuffed and humiliated by Paltrow, why did he hand her an Oscar and a career?

No.

by Anonymousreply 48December 4, 2020 5:39 PM

R45 I remember the incident and rolling my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 49December 4, 2020 5:43 PM

I don't really care for her goop stuff and I do think she's saying all these stupid and controversial things for headlines. That's just how it works these days. So whoever got a white hot hate on Paltrow - you've been conned!

I still think she's a terrific actress.

by Anonymousreply 50December 4, 2020 6:04 PM

Spitting Image roasts Gwyneth @ 9:58

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 4, 2020 9:08 PM

Hysterical R51.

by Anonymousreply 52December 4, 2020 11:33 PM

[quote]You really think that siccing her boyfriend on Harvey would really dissuade him? Did none of Harvey’s other victims have men in their lives?

Did those other victims have the unofficial King of Hollywood and perpetual golden goose Brad Pitt a their boyfriend?

[quote]And if Harvey was actually rebuffed and humiliated by Paltrow, why did he hand her an Oscar and a career?

Umm ... money? She was the it girl. You honestly think Harvey would sink his own movie and studio just because he didn't get a blowjob?

by Anonymousreply 53December 5, 2020 9:40 AM

Because her face is the textbook definition of smug. Even if she didn’t grow up privileged her face would still look smug and punchable. Couple that with her own words and actions which are also smug, then you have an actress with limited appeal and whose best role is as the girlfriend of a smarmy superhero.

by Anonymousreply 54December 5, 2020 9:51 AM

The Karens really hate Goop. LOL

by Anonymousreply 55December 5, 2020 10:01 AM

r47, or maybe she simply grew up being taught proper pronunciation, which has more or less fallen by the wayside, even in England.

by Anonymousreply 56December 5, 2020 10:38 AM

Who defends a vaginal egg?

by Anonymousreply 57December 5, 2020 10:45 AM

^ a very wealthy woman

by Anonymousreply 58December 5, 2020 10:52 AM

All of her movies should end with her head in a box.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59December 5, 2020 10:55 AM

Best part of that movie! The box with Gwynie's head.

Enjoyed watching her die in Contagion as well.

by Anonymousreply 60December 5, 2020 11:05 AM

The rumor is that the Madonna Paltrow BFF ended because Paltrow and Guy Richie were fucking.

I think Paltrow is a good actor and I believe that rumor to be true.

by Anonymousreply 61December 5, 2020 11:06 AM

I think we’re all just jealous that she got the good Chris Martin dick and she might have been Becky with the good hair until she started using her own Goop product line.

by Anonymousreply 62December 5, 2020 1:20 PM

R53 She was the “it” girl because Harvey made her so.

The movie going public did not annoint Paltrow as it girl.

Blowjobs and Harvey did that.

by Anonymousreply 63December 5, 2020 2:07 PM

Did Harvey finger her with his stubby, hairy knuckled digits?

by Anonymousreply 64December 5, 2020 2:09 PM

R55 Karens are entitled white women. They don’t hate Gwyneth Paltrow, they admire her. She is the patron saint of entitled white women who believe everything should be handed to them as it was to GP.

by Anonymousreply 65December 5, 2020 2:10 PM

Because she swallowed Harvey's semen and it gave her explosive diarrhea , Rose.

by Anonymousreply 66December 5, 2020 2:15 PM

I think she’s a great actress but she admittedly stopped giving a shit about her film career around the time she did ‘Proof.’

by Anonymousreply 67December 5, 2020 2:23 PM

[quote]She was the “it” girl because Harvey made her so.

No. She was the "it" girl because she was dating the hot new sensation Brad Pitt and every woman in America wanted to be in her place. Harvey did make her queen of Miramax after the publicity.

by Anonymousreply 68December 5, 2020 3:34 PM

[QUOTE] She was the "it" girl because she was dating the hot new sensation Brad Pitt and every woman in America wanted to be in her place.

This is very true. I remember a friend of mine (girl) saying at the height of GP’s popularity (around 1997/98) that she was now only smoking Marlboro Lights because she found out that’s the brand Gwyneth preferred.

by Anonymousreply 69December 5, 2020 3:37 PM

She'll probably never headline a film again, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 70December 5, 2020 3:43 PM

r60, it's why I love those films so much, to watch Gwynnie die over and over again. Sorta like Goldie Hawn getting off on watching Meryl Streep's character get strangled over and over in DEATH BECOMES HER.

by Anonymousreply 71December 5, 2020 3:58 PM

She comes from Hollywood Royalty: her father being Director Bruce Paltrow (St.Elsewhere, Duets) and actress mother Blythe Danner (Will’s mom on Will&Grace, To Wong Fu Thanks for Everything). Her brother Jake Paltrow is also an actor. (I’ve always thought of The Spellings as the trashy poor-man’s version of the Paltrows)

Despite being from this affluent well-known family Harvey Weinstein did try to fuck with her but when she told then boyfriend Brad Pitt he threatened to “kill” the pervy producer and Gwyneth was left alone.

I think she’s a good actress who lights up the screen, tho many of you queens disagree I know. I loved her in Seven, A Perfect Murder, Talented Mr.Ripley, Sliding Doors, and Great Expectations.

She’s been in less films due In combination to not wanting to be away on set while her kids were young and in the UK, plus she was smart enough to know that she was no Meryl Streep and thus diversified with GOOP.

She’s a blonde, educated, smart business woman (who could make a company with such a stupid name a success), she’s a beautiful All American WASP with good breeding and so when you say she thinks she’s better than you what you actually should be saying is she IS better than you in almost every say

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72December 5, 2020 4:03 PM

For the thousandth time, she was CREATED BY HARVEY. BY FUCKING HIM. Brad came way later and screwed around on her constantly. Ditto Ben Affleck.

Karens don’t hate Gwynnnnnuthhh (what a stupid fucking name). She’s the patron saint of Karens. She’s Queen Karen of Karendom.

Now watch. I’ll get zapped by Gwunthhhh’s PR and won’t be able to post for three days. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 73December 5, 2020 4:04 PM

Umm, Gwynnie is only half WASP. Her dad was Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 74December 5, 2020 4:05 PM

R73 She was created from Hollywood Nepotism. I love when people like you insist so adamantly on something you have zero inside information on LoL “SHE WAS CREATED BY WEINSTEIN” oh yeah? And who the fuck are you? Your opinions do not become facts just coz a nobody like you says so

by Anonymousreply 75December 5, 2020 4:08 PM

[quote] I remember a friend of mine (girl) saying at the height of GP’s popularity (around 1997/98) that she was now only smoking Marlboro Lights because she found out that’s the brand Gwyneth preferred.

Everybody and their mother smoked Marlboro Lights back then.

by Anonymousreply 76December 5, 2020 4:13 PM

[quote]The Talented Mr. Ripley, and yes, Shakespeare in Love, for which I thought her Oscar was deserved.

Totally agree. She shone in both. Very few actresses could have pulled off what she did in those two. You can't underestimate beauty and inner light.

I think she walked away from the industry rather than losing out on roles.

by Anonymousreply 77December 5, 2020 4:14 PM

R72 So you think she’s better than us because she’s blonde and WASP thus this constitutes as good breeding? And you say she’s educated? WTF?! This is a woman who dropped out of the least academic of all UCs (UCSB) after only one year, and who thinks vagina eggs are medically necessary.

by Anonymousreply 78December 5, 2020 4:16 PM

And for some reason, Brad Pitt always seems to take on the personality/quirks of whoever he is dating at the time.

by Anonymousreply 79December 5, 2020 4:18 PM

And for some reason, Brad Pitt always seems to take on the personality/quirks of whoever he is dating at the time.

by Anonymousreply 80December 5, 2020 4:18 PM

Shut the fuck up, r75. Her father was not a big time producer and her mother was a marginally talented character actress. Her “nepotism” godfather Spielberg has about ten godchildren.

She went to Spence or Chapin or whatever and grew up w Maya Rudolph and was very well connected no question but FUCKING HARV PUT HER ON THE MAP. There are about five thousand rich girl connected actresses in LA and NY and none of them become famous (cf. Cody Horn - who is a thousand times prettier).

I repeat, r75, or Gwunth’s intern or whatever the fuck you are, FUCK OFF. And also die in a grease fire. Fuckhead.

by Anonymousreply 81December 5, 2020 4:19 PM

[quote]R37 I think it has more to do with fact that GOOP lost interest in her film career.

And didn’t it coincide with her having kids? Being an actress means months at a stretch away from home... and no one really wants to bring their kids to work. FOR MONTHS.

There’s another factor at play, too, in that very few actresses consistently maintain their stardom past their 30s. Goop’s mom was an actress, and I imagine our little bitch knew exactly what the likely trajectory was.

Even Grace Kelly knew their was no higher she could go after she won her Oscar, and started looking for a way out. She said,[italic] “I'll tell you one of the reasons I'm ready to leave. When I first came to Hollywood five years ago, my makeup call was at eight in the morning. On this movie, it's been put back to seven-thirty. Every day, I see Joan Crawford, who's been in makeup since five, and Loretta Young, who's been there since four in the morning. I'll be goddamned if I'm going to stay in a business where I have to get up earlier and earlier and it takes longer and longer for me to get in front of a camera.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82December 5, 2020 4:25 PM

She’s a skinny pale bitch living in a big-assed Kardashian world.

by Anonymousreply 83December 5, 2020 4:28 PM

[quote] Now watch. I’ll get zapped by Gwunthhhh’s PR and won’t be able to post for three days. Pathetic.

Someone has a high opinion of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 84December 5, 2020 4:39 PM

Or maybe PR people zap negative comments about their clients r84, did your teeny little pea brain ever think of that?

by Anonymousreply 85December 5, 2020 4:47 PM

[quote]She’s a skinny pale bitch living in a big-assed Kardashian world.

The collapse of the big ass fad is a'comin. And it's gonna be mighty ugly.

by Anonymousreply 86December 5, 2020 5:03 PM

All those butt implants being dumped into our landfills!

by Anonymousreply 87December 5, 2020 5:07 PM

R81 is this Jen Garner? She’s always trying to hang with the cool moms and bitter we won’t let her. It’s not happening Jen. ... although where have I heard “die in a grease fire”? Ah yes! You must be that sad old lady Madonna! It’s still friends off Madge!

Whoever you are R81 and regardless of how much you WRITE IN ALL CAP LETTERS the truth is that ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ʙʀɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʙʟᴇ ɪꜱ ᴀ ʙᴀᴅ ᴛᴇᴍᴘᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱʜɪᴛᴛʏ ᴏᴘɪɴɪᴏɴꜱ, ɴᴇɪᴛʜᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴘʀᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ. ᴄᴀʟᴍ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀɴᴛɪᴘꜱʏᴄʜᴏᴛɪᴄꜱ. ɪᴛ’ꜱ ᴛᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ, ᴀ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ꜰᴀᴄᴛ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴꜱ. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩..

The fact also remains that Nope. I didn’t fuck Weinstein.

It must be difficult having such out of control emotions and being so reactive to something as inconsequential as a message board on the internet. Check out the attached link to Goop’s Mind & Body Meditation to Melt Emotional Tension and remember to breathe.

Be well OP.

PS: nope x a million I didn’t sleep with him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 5, 2020 5:10 PM

R81 I’m gonna tell you exactly what I told Weinstein - If you make her feel at all uncomfortable I’m gonna .....

by Anonymousreply 89December 5, 2020 5:14 PM

Dating Brad Pitt didn’t get her parts. If that was how it worked, Trudie Styler would be the English version of Meryl Streep.

No, Pitt didn’t “scare” Weinstein off. Weinstein had a Paltrow had a quid pro quo, as he did with other actresses, some of whom are still famous, some forgotten. Those who really did reject him didn’t get good parts and Oscars. But it’s sweet that people want to believe Brad Pitt as a white knight able to sweep in and save Gwyneth from evil Harvey.

One actress I do suspect actually did reject Weinstein and lost roles because of it was Romola Garai. She really is talented. I guess we’ll never know.

by Anonymousreply 90December 5, 2020 5:19 PM

I guess some of us define Karen’s differently but nooo Karen’s HATE GP!! They love Jen Garner and Reese and all the “real” celebrity moms out there who go to Church and are just trying to multitask, y’all.

There was a thread here once differentiating Karen’s from lulelemon wearing, soul Cycle/Joe And the Juice going “Yoga Moms.” The upper middle class version of Karen’s. Mostly coastal, comprised of all religions /ethnicities but of course includes the JAP contingent as well. Now most of them fucking worship GOOP. But not the Karen’s, no.

by Anonymousreply 91December 5, 2020 5:30 PM

I’m with R91

by Anonymousreply 92December 5, 2020 5:33 PM

Why not both? A connected Hollywood family and Weinstein. I think she's a good actress. I see her as someone who lost interest a little bit, she had other interests and talents. Say what you want about Goop but it's very successful. She had her Oscar. Looking her filmography , she's still done a movie or two a year and had two children.

by Anonymousreply 93December 5, 2020 5:41 PM

I thought she deserved a Supporting Actress nomination for ‘Two Lovers’ with Joaquin Phoenix. She can disappear into the right role.

by Anonymousreply 94December 5, 2020 6:00 PM

She really can disappeared into a character. The Karens may hate her because she dumped Brad Pitt, but she is an excellent actress.

by Anonymousreply 95December 5, 2020 6:24 PM

Her main source of $$ is child support/ marriage settlement and alimony from Chris Martin. She made sure to marry a very rich guy. She is making good rainy day money from GOOP. But it is Chris Martin who funds Gwyn's lifestyle.

Chris and his bandmates made half a billion $ from their tour in 2018 alone. Grossing $523,033,675, the tour is currently the fifth highest-grossing concert tour in history"

Due to Chris' money, she does not need to make a movie ever again and probably won't.

by Anonymousreply 96December 5, 2020 8:57 PM

Didn’t people who worked with Harvey commonly discuss that Gwyneth would routinely come over for sex visits? I think BP knew and didn’t care because he is gay.

She lost me with her Goop bullshit. That is a complete racket for profit and full of dangerous pseudo science.

And as an actress, she was competent at times but never great.

by Anonymousreply 97December 5, 2020 9:12 PM

Blythe at least has a Tony award. That must comfort her.

by Anonymousreply 98December 5, 2020 9:16 PM

I think that she's an awful person. She sounds absolutely insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 99December 5, 2020 9:56 PM

R98 don’t forget my two Emmys cunt.

by Anonymousreply 100December 5, 2020 10:36 PM

Gyyneth and Madonna reminisce about London

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101December 5, 2020 11:03 PM

LOL at r73/r81 thinking that if he stumps his little feet and states so emphatically that "she did too fuck Harvey" that it would make it true. That's not how it works, dear. We're talking about the classic uber-spoiled American princess, with all her baked-in smugness, snobbery and entitledness, succumbing to transactional sex like a cheap whore? Not likely. She did exactly what girls like her do, played the damsel in distress and sicced on Harvey her white knight champion, who at his physical peak with universal appeal, had newly become untouchable in Hollywood.

And the Karens really hate her because she everything they're not. She's the type that looks down on them and dismisses them as "common". The Karens can't afford goop, and being right-wing, not approve of her holding fundraisers for Pete Buttigieg at her home. I feel like the people who try to diminish her with the unsupported claims about Harvey are only projecting their own insecurities. Paltrow is many things good and bad, but no one can ever accuse her of being trashy.

by Anonymousreply 102December 6, 2020 2:39 AM

R102 Sucking dick for parts is trashy.

by Anonymousreply 103December 6, 2020 2:55 AM

Didn't happen, r102. You only wish it were true because it's something you would do and you wish to drag her down to your level. So transparent it's not even funny.

by Anonymousreply 104December 6, 2020 3:03 AM

R103 actually she was what they consider “fast” at Spence; and being a spoiled trust fund kid is hardly antithetical to being slutty. In fact, most of them are (in addition to being dumb, and big coke heads). So ummm...yeah.

by Anonymousreply 105December 6, 2020 3:05 AM

I doubt it, r105. Those girls, for all their escapades, are very aware of social cache and trained to build it for the future. Of course many are slutty, but they're discreet about it.

by Anonymousreply 106December 6, 2020 3:21 AM

She sexed Harvey.

by Anonymousreply 107December 6, 2020 4:31 AM

nah r43. That video of Hopkins isn't edited and the article you linked doesn't mention him correcting her.

He may have been asked about the name backstage and that is when he said he's not usually called that.

by Anonymousreply 108December 6, 2020 4:39 AM

The vaginal egg seems to be hatching.

by Anonymousreply 109December 6, 2020 4:56 AM

No more deformed, rotting dicks to suck.

by Anonymousreply 110December 6, 2020 4:59 AM

I stopped reading that Age Inappropriate casting thread but she and Michael Douglas ranked wayyy up there.

by Anonymousreply 111December 6, 2020 5:02 AM

Steven Spielberg's goddaughter doesn't need to fuck for roles.

by Anonymousreply 112December 6, 2020 5:08 AM

R112 is just back from his purchase of a bridge in Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 113December 6, 2020 5:09 AM

[quote]Steven Spielberg's goddaughter doesn't need to fuck for roles.

While his daughter only takes roles that involve fucking.

by Anonymousreply 114December 6, 2020 5:32 AM

There's more evidence to support the theory that Goop didn't screw around to secure roles, I don't know why posters here are so hell bent on forwarding the theory she did. Other than your own obsessive, wishful thinking, where's the evidence?

by Anonymousreply 115December 6, 2020 5:49 AM

She is laughing all the way to the bank (at the peasants). People have to go on TV and beg people not to stick rocks up their whohaw. It's weird how people both hate her and listen to her for advice, including Medical.

by Anonymousreply 116December 6, 2020 7:13 AM

R104 I’m curious: Do you believe that all the stories about Weinstein requesting sex for roles are untrue? Or just that Gwyneth Paltrow was somehow exempted because you admire her?

by Anonymousreply 117December 6, 2020 8:21 AM

She is also skinny and rather homely with lank hair. Her kids turned out attractive. Her mother is an attractive. Plus personality rather condescending - enough?

by Anonymousreply 118December 6, 2020 8:49 AM

R102 - thank you! You articulated what I was only half getting across above. There’s little to no evidence GP fucked Harvey. In fact it’s quite the opposite. Many abusers and serial rapists will often times do heinous things and victimize people around them but hold one or two females in extremely high regard (like a wife and his children, who often times have no idea the real monster they are living with) - I get the impression that Harvey was happy to fuck flea bags like Jennifer Lawrence, who lets be honest without his intervention would have likely ended up on the pole either way (dancing on one or sitting on one for $) whereas GP was born into a reality enjoyed by only the 1-2% and wouldn’t have that air of desperation most struggling ladies would. He probably wanted her to think he was cool so he was happy to pull some strings to make her smile.

Besides, you think GP wouldn’t admit it if he raped her? With the backing of her family and GOOP and the hatred for Harvey by the general public she’d have written some inspiring Op end for The NY Times or something and watched Weinstein be burned at the stakes

by Anonymousreply 119December 6, 2020 9:28 AM

R117 seems kinda like you’re the one reaching here and projecting your own insecurities on GP

by Anonymousreply 120December 6, 2020 9:29 AM

I bet she regrets not fucking someone to get out of VIEW FROM THE TOP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121December 6, 2020 9:41 AM

R121 yeah .. let’s all pretend that movie never happened

by Anonymousreply 122December 6, 2020 10:02 AM

GP has been named a key figure in the New York Times story that first catalogued a series of sexual harassment allegations against Harvey Weinstein, and led to the film producer’s dismissal from his own company and subsequent prosecution.

In a new book titled She Said: Breaking the Sexual Harassment Story That Helped Ignite a Movement by Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey – the New York Times reporters whose story on 5 October 2017 triggered Weinstein’s downfall – Paltrow is said to have been “scared to go on the record but became an early, crucial source, sharing her account of sexual harassment and trying to recruit other actresses to speak”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123December 6, 2020 10:07 AM

It shouldn't have even started. But I do like her as Marge in "Ripley".

by Anonymousreply 124December 6, 2020 10:18 AM

I love GP - there, I said it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125December 6, 2020 10:28 AM

I remember when Jennifer Lawrence's phone was hacked along with phones of some other B-List starlets. What I found interesting was that there were no nude picks of actresses l like Michelle Williams or Carey Mulligan or Kate Winslet. I'm sure these actresses send nudes to their boyfriends. So why did the hackers only have pics of JLaw, who everybody thought didn't deserve all the praise and accolade, Oscars, because she had limited talent?

by Anonymousreply 126December 6, 2020 10:38 AM

[quote]R126 ... there were no nude pics of actresses like Michelle Williams or Carey Mulligan or Kate Winslet. I'm sure these actresses send nudes to their boyfriends.

Why?

by Anonymousreply 127December 6, 2020 10:41 AM

[quote] I’m curious: Do you believe that all the stories about Weinstein requesting sex for roles are untrue? Or just that Gwyneth Paltrow was somehow exempted because you admire her?

No, r117. It's just good old common sense in deciphering gossip and circumstantial evidence, as well reading between lines and going by a person's track record. Someone up thread tried to suggest that Paltrow was fucking peoples' husbands left and right, including Guy Ritchie but he clearly pulled that out of his ass. Now, if he'd said Julia Roberts or Jennifer Lawrence, I might think twice about it because it would not be out of character.

Clearly, Harvey did not sleep with every single actress he signed, a few successfully rebuffed him. When Angelina Jolie says she turned him down, there's no reason to doubt her. Similarly, Salma Hayek (who's married to a man much richer and more powerful than Harvey) wrote a detailed NYT Op-Ed about the consequences she suffered for rejecting him. Lupita Nyong'o, who was a nobody out of acting school trying to get a foot-in Hollywood, wrote a similar Op-Ed about how she had to use her wiles and social skills to escape him as he tried to bed her when his young kids were under the same roof. Both stories are credible and quite different from what happened with Asia Argento who was clearly fucking for roles then hopped on the MeToo bandwagon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128December 6, 2020 10:41 AM

Mediocre actress, nepotism baby, basic bitch, and an enabler of dangerous quacks, hucksters, and charlatans. And that overbite!

That's why her film career went straight down the shitter. If she's lucky, she can get cast as somebody's mom in a Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu show.

by Anonymousreply 129December 6, 2020 10:57 AM

[quote] It's just good old common sense in deciphering gossip and circumstantial evidence, as well reading between lines and going by a person's track record.

Thank You, r128. I'll let you know right upfront that I'm stealing that line if I ever feel tempted to, again, wander into on the of Meghan Markle Unhinged Hater threads that abound here. If you're not willing to believe Markle was spotted on the grassy knoll, and enjoy just gossiping with the mind-set you laid out here, then woe to you. It's just not fun to read and post on those threads.

Now, full-disclosure- I'm the one who posted about the rumor of the Madonna Paltrow friendship ending because Paltrow and Richie were fucking. I got that from it being implied and therefore having to "read between the lines" of a story that may have been in Vanity Fair or another media source that is at that level.

by Anonymousreply 130December 6, 2020 11:29 AM

Gwyneth has a body like a man. Same with selena gomez. The bloom is off the rose. I remember brad pitt saying that gwyneth dumped him because he was not smart enough. He said it as if it hurt him deeply. It's interesting what gays say to stay deep in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 131December 6, 2020 11:56 AM

[quote] R121 yeah .. let’s all pretend that movie never happened

Because Christina Applegate stole the movie right out from under her.

by Anonymousreply 132December 6, 2020 1:34 PM

R131 So Gwyn dumped Brad Pitt because he wasn't so smart and ended up marrying that genius Chris Martin, who is famous for writing lyrics such as

'Cause you're a sky, 'cause you're a sky full of stars

I'm gonna give you my heart

'Cause you're a sky, 'cause you're a sky full of stars

'Cause you light up the path

by Anonymousreply 133December 6, 2020 2:16 PM

There have been worse best actress wins. Mary Pickford, Norma Shearer, Liz Taylor and her tracheotomy win, Reese Witherspoon, and JLaw. Her win in 1999 was inevitable I believe. She was blonde, young, attractive enough with a degree of talent with Harvey behind her and quite a few well received films clustered on her resume already . But Blanchett, Streep, Montenegro and Watson blew her out of the water. Paltrow can’t even match any of these actresses.

She was able to parlay the Oscar into all her GOOP nonsense and make more than a working actress. Plus the bloom was off the rose after her win with some fairly bad films. She just wasn’t determined and driven enough to do more with her career. Everyone cites Ripley as a good performance. The character was just a version of Paltrow. Rich, smug and entitled which she knows like the back of her hand.

by Anonymousreply 134December 6, 2020 2:38 PM

Ladies' size 12 to the poster who mentioned her big feet.

by Anonymousreply 135December 6, 2020 3:00 PM

I would love to get access to hacked emails of lesbian actresses. I would love insight into how lavender marriages work.

by Anonymousreply 136December 6, 2020 3:08 PM

R116 No one listens to Gwyneth for medical advice unless they’re total morons. I know some female medical professionals who go on GOOP half to admire some of the products and half the time just to go laugh at the latest kooky, pseudoscience medical advice given by Gwyneth and her cadre of “healers”.

R118 No she’s not skinny she’s average weight. Our society has gotten used to so many fat people that we now consider average weight people as skinny.

by Anonymousreply 137December 6, 2020 3:54 PM

Angelina did not say she turned Harvey down, she said she had a bad experience with him.

Gwyneth made up her version because she didn’t want to admit he sexed him, like Uma and Nicole.

by Anonymousreply 138December 6, 2020 4:00 PM

Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Lawrence and Renee also sexed him.

by Anonymousreply 139December 6, 2020 4:01 PM

And Charlize for Cider House Rules

by Anonymousreply 140December 6, 2020 4:10 PM

I was very happy when Morgan Freeman found her head in the box. Thank you, Kevin Spacey, for doing all of us a favor.

by Anonymousreply 141December 6, 2020 4:44 PM

All lesbians. A straight girl isn't going to screw weinstein for a job. She can just marry a sucker who will support her

by Anonymousreply 142December 6, 2020 5:23 PM

Women are such fucking whores.

by Anonymousreply 143December 6, 2020 5:29 PM

Exactly R143

by Anonymousreply 144December 6, 2020 8:18 PM

Darren you're just a loser.

by Anonymousreply 145December 6, 2020 8:20 PM

R129, and when it flops, I can always get her a job as understudy for my grandmother!

by Anonymousreply 146December 6, 2020 9:03 PM

Rumor has it that she is the reason we were deprived of the true Grand Guignol showpiece we were deprived of in “Kilronan”, aka “Hush”.

In the original cut, Lange tortured her a bit more, slaps her around, locks her in a burning barn, and lunges at her with the intent of stabbing her with a broken shard of glass. Lange’s Martha ends up trapped and burning alive in the barn as the vaginal egg escapes with her child.

This marvelous campfest was whittled down to a heroine piece for vag egg because, you know, it was also the year of “Shakespeare in Love”, or so I’ve heard.

That being said, Gwyneth is a fine, emotive actress and though she did not deserve her Oscar for what she won it for, a case can be made for a win for Ripley.

by Anonymousreply 147December 6, 2020 11:09 PM

You can see some of the cut scenes in the trailer, including the lunge. Ugh. It would’ve been a hit had they left it alone.

I’m always lighting a candle for a director’s cut release.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148December 6, 2020 11:12 PM

Even in full makeup I find her plain. Every pic I see of her now she just looks like a man-I think it's the jaw that does it.

by Anonymousreply 149December 7, 2020 3:49 AM

Gwyneth has never been considered sexy. She's plainly beautiful in a non-standout type of way, but easily plays high class, sophisticated characters because it's who she is.

by Anonymousreply 150December 7, 2020 3:25 PM

[quote]I thought she deserved a Supporting Actress nomination for ‘Two Lovers’ with Joaquin Phoenix

It was her turn to get robbed.

by Anonymousreply 151December 7, 2020 3:28 PM

She’s so tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 152December 7, 2020 5:18 PM

So are her Goop interns.

by Anonymousreply 153December 7, 2020 8:58 PM

I liked her faux-Carolyn Bessette look in a Perfect Murder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154December 7, 2020 9:37 PM

I will admit that she was hysterically funny on her stints as guest hostess on SNL.

by Anonymousreply 155December 8, 2020 4:15 PM

[quote]Best part of that movie! The box with Gwynie's head.

[quote]Enjoyed watching her die in Contagion as well.

This is the level of sophistication we're dealing with on DL nowadays. They think a character's violent death hurts the actor. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 156December 9, 2020 1:56 AM

R150 High class? 🤣

by Anonymousreply 157December 9, 2020 2:01 AM

Did I say this already. I don't remember.

I can't believe she went to UC Santa Barbara (for a year only I think.)

She seems more the type for some prestigious east coast school like Brown or that ilk.

Her SAT's must have been in single digits and Blythe didn't want to go to prison like Felicity.

(but come to think of it you need good test scores to get into a UC school. Makes no sense. She doesn't seem like the surfer type. I think she'd be repulsed by the kids at UCSB)

by Anonymousreply 158December 9, 2020 2:09 AM

Thank you r157! The bj Queen of Spence is high class. Yes, she, Melania and Ivanka. Peas in a pod.

by Anonymousreply 159December 9, 2020 2:11 AM

Will Gwyneth do hard time to get Apple into Brown?

by Anonymousreply 160December 9, 2020 2:11 AM

Sorry, Paltrow PR, but you’re not addressing dumb fraus here. Enough of the BS.

Paltrow is neither “high class” nor “sophisticated.” She’s the daughter of a dopey (but probably very nice) actress and a third rate TV director. (Did he do anything except for The White Shadow? That was in the 70s and was fairly forgettable).

She might have grown up with some privilege, but it doesn’t sound like she did much with her time at Spence except have sex and act like a “bad girl.” She didn’t attend college and it shows when she is interviewed: Every other word is “like.” She is neither articulate nor literate. Fine, it’s not her job to be.

She’s a mediocre actress, no better or worse than most, and like many others, she sucked Weinstein dick to get roles. Fine, they’re both consenting adults and it’s a fair exchange. No one buys the lie that having Brad Pitt as her boyfriend got her those roles. 🙄

I do admire the way she’s turned the ignorance of the Lululemon fraus with disposable income into a cash cow. They suck up all her pseudo-science and expensive clothing and gadgets. Good for her. Those women deserve to be fleeced and she did a great job selling them a lifestyle they desperately want.

by Anonymousreply 161December 9, 2020 2:13 AM

[quote]The bj Queen of Spence

You made this up. You hope that it'll get repeated enough times like "she fucked Harvey" for people to start thinking it's true. Again, she did not sleep with Harvey, Guy Ritchie or Jay-Z. It's just you insecure fraus and Karens projecting.

by Anonymousreply 162December 9, 2020 2:47 AM

[quote]Paltrow is neither “high class” nor “sophisticated.”

Paltrow is not trashy and does come across as sophisticated. She's no J-Law.

by Anonymousreply 163December 9, 2020 2:50 AM

Gwyneth is ridiculous, but she’s in on the joke and that makes it fun. I think she’s totally harmless.

by Anonymousreply 164December 9, 2020 2:53 AM

she is a rich girl who had an easy life. Everytime someone attacks her, Spielberg buys 300 items of crap and gives it out as gifts. People who hate her are buying those candles and giving them out a gag gifts. She is laughing all the way to the bank.

by Anonymousreply 165December 9, 2020 3:01 AM

R162 actually that was well known in those circles at the time and well before she was famous — and was just known as “the daughter of that actress Blythe Danner.”

I think she does project an intelligence in some of her roles, even though she totally is not. I guess that’s good acting.

by Anonymousreply 166December 9, 2020 3:11 AM

And were you part of those circles, r166?

by Anonymousreply 167December 9, 2020 11:03 AM

The same reason Jennifer Lawrence’s career went down the shitter: talentless hack, average looking, the end of Harvey Weinstein, and just being an insufferable cunt in general.

by Anonymousreply 168December 9, 2020 5:23 PM

Truth be told, Paltrow's filmography is very accomplished and as far as quality of roles and performances, in the top percentile for actresses in Hollywood history.

by Anonymousreply 169December 10, 2020 3:56 AM

r169=Blythe

by Anonymousreply 170December 10, 2020 3:59 AM

R169 is obviously satire. If not, that person needs to adjust their meds.

by Anonymousreply 171December 10, 2020 4:03 AM

I agree, she chose some interesting movies in the beginning of her career and she gave excellent performances in all of them. Comparing her to some low life and talentless white trash like Jennifer Lawrence is ridiculous.

Karens and Fraus just hate her for some reason, it's quite funny.

by Anonymousreply 172December 10, 2020 6:45 AM

I've seen better performances from Shannon Tweed, late night on Cinemax!

by Anonymousreply 173December 10, 2020 6:49 AM

She chose to transition out of movies and into GOOP because she knew she'd have to fight for roles with the other aging actresses like crabs in a bucket

by Anonymousreply 174December 10, 2020 7:24 AM

[quote][R169] is obviously satire. If not, that person needs to adjust their meds.

You're welcome to list actresses of her generation with better quality filmographies, r171. I promise you won't get far.

by Anonymousreply 175December 10, 2020 9:46 AM

R161, he also did St. Elsewhere. She’s nowhere near the level of Hollywood royalty that her PR people make her out to be. Hence, smoking Harvey’s tiny pole.

Let us als pay tribute to her PR bots who are trying to distract us from the story of Gwuntuth stealing the Shakespeare in Love script from her “dear friend”.

Gwunt is a hateful bitch who can’t stand other women. I wonder if she’s a psychopath. She acts like one.

by Anonymousreply 176December 10, 2020 3:06 PM

Everything r161 says about her is his own invention that can't be backed up by even the flimsiest internet link. . You just can't state a litany of negative allegations about people as if they're fact. What kind of damage is that?

by Anonymousreply 177December 10, 2020 4:02 PM

[quote]Gwyneth is marvelous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178December 10, 2020 4:04 PM

New, from the BBC: Gwyneth Paltrow says she fell out of love with acting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179December 10, 2020 4:05 PM

"The star's only big-screen credits over the past five years have been as Pepper Potts in three Marvel films."

"She said she lost direction after winning an Oscar in 1999, and "part of the shine of acting wore off" because of the "intense public scrutiny".

"That, plus having "a really rough boss" in Harvey Weinstein, made her question "if this is really my calling".

"Her last lead role in a feature film was opposite Johnny Depp in 2015's Mortdecai. She has since played Pepper Potts in Avengers films Infinity War and Endgame, and Spider-Man: Homecoming."

"She told US radio station Sirius XM that "my life changed course" after finding success in Hollywood."

by Anonymousreply 180December 10, 2020 4:09 PM

Winning a well-paid for Oscar at 20, or whatever age she was, does things.

by Anonymousreply 181December 10, 2020 4:13 PM

Perhaps it's her choice. Maybe she only wants to play ingenue lead characters and doesn't want to play "older" lead female characters or supporting characters.

Kate Winslet, who is just a few years younger, is making films that might not be blockbusters but which offer opportunities to play all kinds of characters and flex/grow her acting chops. Her roles might not pay for a new mansion every year, but they definitely get her the attention of the Oscars academy.

by Anonymousreply 182December 10, 2020 4:13 PM

When she got her first Oscar nomination, she immediately won the award for and was never nominated again, right? I don't recall any noms for Talented Mr. Ripley or Royal Tenenbaums.

by Anonymousreply 183December 10, 2020 4:16 PM

Dear me. I never heard the second part!

[quote]Gwyneth Paltrow and Winona Ryder were nearly inseparable in the '90s — they were dating BFFs Ben Affleck and Matt Damon, respectively — but cut ties in 1998 when Gwyneth reportedly stumbled upon the script for Shakespeare in Love lying around Winona's home. Gwyneth is said to have asked to audition for the role, and as we all know, she landed it, and went on to win an Oscar.

[quote]Things came to a head again in 2009 after Gwyneth launched her now-famous website, Goop. In an early article, she addresses a former friend that many speculate to be Winona, saying, "Back in the day, I had a 'frenemy' who, as it turned out, was pretty hellbent on taking me down." She went on to write: "I restrained myself from fighting back. I tried to take the high road. But one day I heard that something unfortunate and humiliating had happened to this person. And my reaction was deep relief and happiness.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184December 10, 2020 4:17 PM

R184 Says it all about her, really.

by Anonymousreply 185December 10, 2020 4:21 PM

Well, what was the unfortunate and humiliating thing?

by Anonymousreply 186December 10, 2020 4:26 PM

^^^ Oops...just remembered the shoplifting incident.

by Anonymousreply 187December 10, 2020 4:28 PM

She’s just a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 188December 10, 2020 4:30 PM

Gurl, Interrupted

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189December 10, 2020 5:33 PM

Eventually, one day, she'll make as fine a Phyllis as her triple-threat mom!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190December 10, 2020 5:39 PM

R184 Fucking bitch. Keep it classy Gwynnie. Newsflash-the acting world does not miss you.

by Anonymousreply 191December 10, 2020 7:56 PM

Fraus love her. This is not a frau message board.

by Anonymousreply 192December 10, 2020 8:51 PM

"I do admire the way she’s turned the ignorance of the Lululemon fraus with disposable income into a cash cow. They suck up all her pseudo-science and expensive clothing and gadgets. Good for her. Those women deserve to be fleeced and she did a great job selling them a lifestyle they desperately want.“

Exactly! What I kinda like about Goopy is that she does not even pretend to be one of us or being woke like other celebrities now act on social media. She is not talking about social injustice, public housing or the homelessness problem (eww, poor people), she does not give a shit. She is selling ridiculously overpriced stuff to other rich white yoga moms. I cannot blame her for scamming those women out of money.

by Anonymousreply 193December 10, 2020 9:00 PM

R193 Exactly. She tapped into a market of vapid women like herself. That’s pretty clever.

I don’t even have a problem with her blowing Harvey for roles. That’s the nature of that business. Is anyone here (aside from the invading paid interns) shocked?

Just don’t ask me or anyone with a brain to buy into the fabricated “classy” image. She’s no “classier” than any other actress.

by Anonymousreply 194December 10, 2020 9:06 PM

Is there any A-lister that hasn’t made it to the top without fucking someone? Damn!

by Anonymousreply 195December 10, 2020 9:59 PM

Probably not R195.

by Anonymousreply 196December 10, 2020 10:27 PM

It's obvious that Fraus hate her, Fraus went coocoo over Brad Pitt and Jolie and always hated that Paltrow dumped Pitt. The fact that some idiots still believe Paltrow stole the Shakespeare script from Wynona Ryder just shows how dumb the Fraus haters are.

by Anonymousreply 197December 10, 2020 11:38 PM

Fraus must love her, because they’re the ones buying the vagina candles.

by Anonymousreply 198December 10, 2020 11:40 PM

It seems more likely that Ryder lifted the script from the Miramax vault.

by Anonymousreply 199December 10, 2020 11:42 PM

Could she do that from her knees, tho?

by Anonymousreply 200December 10, 2020 11:49 PM

^^ oh sorry... thought that said Gwyneth

by Anonymousreply 201December 10, 2020 11:50 PM

Ryder could have never gotten that Shakespeare part. They needed a flat chested, tall actress who could do a British accent convincingly. You don't get a part in a movie by stealing a script.

Only a stupid Frau would believe in that story.

by Anonymousreply 202December 11, 2020 4:48 AM

[quote]It's obvious that Fraus hate her, Fraus went coocoo over Brad Pitt and Jolie and always hated that Paltrow dumped Pitt.

It's true. The fraus (and Karens) totally loathe her. Their main gripe about her is her elitist airs and the fact that she's clearly not marketing her products at them, as can be seen by the prices.

by Anonymousreply 203December 11, 2020 6:10 AM

Exactly, r103. How do you even steal a part when you have to go through auditions for the director and producers to deem you a good fit? Ryder can't even do a basic British accent.

[quote]But one day I heard that something unfortunate and humiliating had happened to this person. And my reaction was deep relief and happiness.”

I was new to DL when she posted that. LOL. This place went nuts! 😂

by Anonymousreply 204December 11, 2020 6:17 AM

Rich, middle class, or poor, a frau is a frau. And they love Gwynnie!

by Anonymousreply 205December 11, 2020 6:23 AM

Go read the Daily Mail comments. They hate her more than any other celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 206December 11, 2020 8:16 AM

lack of talent. plus weinstein in jail.

by Anonymousreply 207December 11, 2020 12:08 PM

"My life is good because I am not passive about it. I invest in what is real. Like real people, to do real things, for the real me."

by Anonymousreply 208December 11, 2020 1:21 PM

R161 has it correct.

by Anonymousreply 209December 11, 2020 3:19 PM

Here's your answer, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210December 12, 2020 10:23 AM

[quote] Fraus went coocoo over Brad Pitt and Jolie and always hated that Paltrow dumped Pitt.

Off-topic, but I've held back from correcting this nonsense in other topics and threads and I'm not going to anymore. For whatever reason, a variation of this quoted, incorrect bullshit has been surfacing. I don't know why, but it has.

Fraus HATE Angelina Jolie.

She's the exotic, beautiful seductress with a bad, crazy reputation who homewrecked the fairy-tale marriage of their favorite latter-day "America's Sweetheart" Jennifer Aniston.

Most long-time non-Frau DLers like me had the good taste to give Jolie her props for at least being interesting as compared to the bland, talentless beloved-by-Fraus, basic Aniston.

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 211December 12, 2020 10:43 AM

^ But weren't fraus excited when Jolie yielded to provide Pitt with biological children despite having stated before that she'd rather adopt? They also blamed Anniston not wanting children for driving him away. Their simple minds were convinced those kids would become the most beautiful specimens on earth. Paltrow's kids, otoh, turned out quite attractive despite their father.

by Anonymousreply 212December 12, 2020 11:04 AM

I don’t give a FUCK that she says she stepped away voluntarily. She can’t get any parts and that’s what’s up.

by Anonymousreply 213December 12, 2020 11:21 AM

She made her name doing mostly independent movies and character-driven roles. I'm pretty sure she can get those.

by Anonymousreply 214December 12, 2020 11:27 AM

R214 Oh yeah, maybe... Has she responded to Glenn’s diss?

by Anonymousreply 215December 12, 2020 11:38 AM

She’s making more money and doing less work with her GOOP shit than she would by taking “character” roles.

by Anonymousreply 216December 12, 2020 3:20 PM

[quote]Fraus HATE Angelina Jolie.

[quote]She's the exotic, beautiful seductress with a bad, crazy reputation who homewrecked the fairy-tale marriage of their favorite latter-day "America's Sweetheart" Jennifer Aniston.

Agreed and this highlights why claims of fraus hating Goop are both inane and dubious.

Paltrow is neither exotic, beautiful, nor seductive; nor does she have a bad, crazy reputation. She’s safe and even to the financially arrested fraus, she’s someone to strive to become.

by Anonymousreply 217December 12, 2020 3:55 PM

Fraus find Jennifer Aniston more likeable than Goop.

by Anonymousreply 218December 12, 2020 4:01 PM

I’m glad I don’t have to see her anymore

by Anonymousreply 219December 12, 2020 4:42 PM

R218 True. In a way, this makes Goop lot in life even sadder. She’s not likable to the hip and not the first choice, though definitely a choice, of fraus. She’s stuck in some nether region between Harvey Weinstein and Iron Man.

by Anonymousreply 220December 12, 2020 4:42 PM

*Goop’s

by Anonymousreply 221December 12, 2020 4:42 PM

[quote]Fraus HATE Angelina Jolie.

Look at any gossip magazine or online gossip sites like celebitchy. Stupid Fraus and Karens worship AJ and B Pitt.

by Anonymousreply 222December 12, 2020 6:14 PM

Fraus loyalty is fickle. They hated Angelina in the beginning and then she had bio kids and they loved her. Gwyneth has never been popular with fraus, she's too aspirational and stuck up.

by Anonymousreply 223December 12, 2020 6:37 PM

Didn't Dame Judi Dench diss her in an interview in the 90s while they were working together on Shakespeare in Love. I seem to recall that Dench was a little annoyed by Gwyneth's standoffishness. I seem to remember that she even made a comment about "rarified air".

by Anonymousreply 224December 12, 2020 7:11 PM

I was referring to the stench, R224.

by Anonymousreply 225December 12, 2020 7:22 PM

R224 Wouldn’t surprise me if Paltrow acted that way, even with Dench who is 1000x the actress. With the exception of Ryan Murphy, who I’m sure is so far up her ass he can’t see daylight, no one in Hollywood misses the cunt.

by Anonymousreply 226December 12, 2020 7:23 PM

R226 That’s because she and Murphy are two peas in the same rotten pod.

by Anonymousreply 227December 12, 2020 7:24 PM

When will she make her first Lifetime film?

And when she does, trust me, she'll assume that her presence will "elevate the brand" that the frauiest of all fraus network promotes itself as.

by Anonymousreply 228December 12, 2020 8:08 PM

The only two movies I like her in were The Anniversary Party and Shallow Hal. She’s actually not a bad comedian and should have stuck to roles that allowed self deprecation.

by Anonymousreply 229December 12, 2020 8:16 PM

[quote]She’s actually not a bad comedian and should have stuck to roles that allowed self deprecation.

That’s my lane, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 230December 12, 2020 9:14 PM

For those like R2 saying she is a rotten actress, watch her again in The Talented Mr. Ripley". Just look at the glance she throws Matt Damon and how she holds her cigarette. That scene showed me she has plenty of talent but the "Hollywood princess" act plus the Goop crap kinda ruined her chances along with her insipid looks.

by Anonymousreply 231December 12, 2020 9:31 PM

^ No one that says she's a rotten actress has receipts. Her body of work speaks for itself and she always brings the goods. Ripley, Proof, Sylvia, Sliding Doors, Two Lovers, Tennenbaums ... she's been consistently good and, for me, in the top three from her generation with only Blanchett and Winslet as worthy rivals.

by Anonymousreply 232December 14, 2020 2:43 AM

The haters throw everything hoping something sticks. So far they've tried to say she fucked Weinstein, Guy Ritchie, Jay-Z and even Mario Batali when they did that food tour of Spain together - watch it, by the way. It's one of the better food tour shows I've seen. GP apparently speaks fluent Castillian Spanish and was quite at home.

by Anonymousreply 233December 14, 2020 2:55 AM

[quote] with only Blanchett and Winslet as worthy rivals.

And the cat is, indeed, out of the bag. We have a fangirl fighting for the rights and justice of the vaginal egg.

I think she can be a great actress, but anywhere near Winslet or - oh god - BLANCHETT?

Bitch, please.

by Anonymousreply 234December 14, 2020 2:55 AM

[quote]with only Blanchett and Winslet as worthy rivals.

Winslet yes, Blanchette - absolutely not. She was terrible, just terrible in that movie she did with Judi Dench who acted Equator sized circles around her. I don't understand the fascination for Blanchette, she's way too mannered and unlike Goop can't disappear into a character. If you're looking for a talented Australian actress, choose Toni Collette or Jacki Weaver, both extremely talented..

by Anonymousreply 235December 14, 2020 3:31 AM

[quote]R233 The haters throw everything hoping something sticks. So far they've tried to say she fucked Weinstein...

You can believe that she’s both a good actress AND that she slobbed Harvey’s knob.

by Anonymousreply 236December 14, 2020 4:38 AM

She's 48 and still acts like a teenager. Not many roles for a person like that.

by Anonymousreply 237December 14, 2020 4:43 AM

r234 - I listed Blanchett and Winslet as the only ones from her generation with comparable resumes. You're welcome to try and prove me wrong by coming up with your own list. I guarantee you won't get far.

by Anonymousreply 238December 14, 2020 5:14 AM

R235 ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239December 14, 2020 5:41 AM

R238 Girl, any actress can hitch their twat to a good or prestige film. A REAL actress transcends the films, good and bad.

I don’t remember Paltrow; I remember the films she was in.

by Anonymousreply 240December 14, 2020 5:43 AM

R240, that's your problem, not Goop's.

by Anonymousreply 241December 14, 2020 7:19 AM

R241 No, it’s actually very much [italic]her[/italic] problem.

by Anonymousreply 242December 14, 2020 7:59 AM

Obviously not, because she got plenty of interesting parts. The problem is you are not aware of them.

by Anonymousreply 243December 14, 2020 8:57 AM

Because she’s not interesting as much as she’s INSUFFERABLE.

by Anonymousreply 244December 14, 2020 1:25 PM

Why did I carry to term?

by Anonymousreply 245December 14, 2020 1:32 PM

Are she and Blythe close?

by Anonymousreply 246December 16, 2020 4:01 AM

She's an insufferable cunt that no one wants to work with.

by Anonymousreply 247December 16, 2020 4:12 AM

Her mom actually got a lot of mileage out of having a famous daughter - I really doubt most of the roles she has gotten in the past 20 years (Meet the Parents, Will & Grace) would have happened had she not been Goop’s mom.

by Anonymousreply 248December 18, 2020 9:21 PM

What does her brother do?

by Anonymousreply 249December 19, 2020 11:25 AM

If he’s smart r249, he stays as far away from his sister as possible.

by Anonymousreply 250December 19, 2020 11:57 AM

Her childhood townhouse.

by Anonymousreply 251December 22, 2020 1:09 AM

Link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252December 22, 2020 1:09 AM

[R233] Of course she didn't have sex with Mario, only with Felipe VI.

by Anonymousreply 253December 22, 2020 1:39 PM

^ What? Never heard that before.

by Anonymousreply 254December 23, 2020 12:38 AM

R252 that reminds me of an article I read fairly recently (maybe VF) that Blythe was the one who had been pushing Bruce to move the family to NYC and he finally relented. I’m sure she envisioned living that whole social climbing faux WASP Spence/UES life (I knew they lived in a Carnegie Hill TH, but it’s bigger and grander than I thought it would have been), and even though DL jokes that Blythe wants to abort G I have no doubt that’s where she gets her social striving gene from.

by Anonymousreply 255December 23, 2020 12:53 AM

Danner may have also wanted to return to the New York and Williamston theater scene, where she had had more success than in movies/TV.

by Anonymousreply 256December 23, 2020 1:12 AM

R256 Williams town is a summer thing, though (by the way, I saw her in a production of Streetcar there when I was around 9 and I loved it).

They could have rented a place in the summer and then lived the rest of the time in LA. Actors are used to going back and forth. Not to mention Bruce’s shows were all in LA.

My hunch is it was for other reasons.

by Anonymousreply 257December 23, 2020 1:17 AM

Gwyneth's most iconic film scene is the one where her head is found in a box.

by Anonymousreply 258December 23, 2020 6:02 PM

R254 Once upon a time...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259December 23, 2020 9:04 PM

All in all wasn't her career fairly robust for a decent amount of time?

Marge in Ripley is probably her finest role. Though I liked her in A Perfect Murder, even if the role was nothing remarkable.

by Anonymousreply 260December 23, 2020 9:14 PM

[quote]r257 They could have rented a place in the summer and then lived the rest of the time in LA. Actors are used to going back and forth. Not to mention Bruce’s shows were all in LA.

Blythe had to be close to Williamstown in order to be on call year round to fuck the staff for roles.

That's were Goop gets it from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261December 24, 2020 1:11 AM

Together in Williamstown's 1991 "Picnic".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262December 24, 2020 1:24 AM

[quote]Blythe had to be close to Williamstown in order to be on call year round to fuck the staff for roles.

I feel like DL, like most fraus, are jealous because they wish they had this family's life. When you have nothing on a woman, just throw out that she slept her way to where she is.

by Anonymousreply 263December 24, 2020 1:58 AM

Blythe bore and raised Gwyneth; on some level, she is culpable for foisting her on the rest of us. And the way she has defended her daughter in the press, Blythe is seriously in denial about her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 264December 24, 2020 7:15 PM

^ Goop Derangement Syndrome has people dreaming of Blythe disdaining her own daughter.

by Anonymousreply 265December 25, 2020 12:31 AM

"Disdain: The Blythe Danner and Gwyneth Paltrow Story" would be the most compelling ripped-from-the-headlines, made-for-TV, mother-daughter saga since "Tears and Laughter: The Joan and Melissa Rivers Story", but Blythe and GOOP would have to play themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266December 25, 2020 6:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!