Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Beverly Hills 90210

Any good gossip?

The dude they hired to play Gabrielle Carteris’ husband was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 177January 10, 2021 6:21 AM

Hated the whole Dylan dates a mob princess storyline. The half sister shit was also annoying

by Anonymousreply 1November 28, 2020 10:33 PM

R1 That was so General Hospital-ish

by Anonymousreply 2November 28, 2020 10:44 PM

Why did the kid who played Scott quit? He could have made a fortune. Probably would have buffed up by season 5 or something.

by Anonymousreply 3November 28, 2020 10:45 PM

Never mind, I guess he was let go

by Anonymousreply 4November 28, 2020 10:47 PM

R3 i think he ended up joining the army.

by Anonymousreply 5November 28, 2020 11:57 PM

WHET Kathleen Robertson?

by Anonymousreply 6November 29, 2020 3:20 AM

I watched for coke whore Jackie

by Anonymousreply 7November 29, 2020 3:21 AM

Andrea finally gets some and they hire a guy who’s balding and then they saddle her with a kid. Poor, poor Andrea.

by Anonymousreply 8November 29, 2020 3:38 AM

R8 He was a Latino troll

by Anonymousreply 9November 29, 2020 3:40 AM

R7 Gosh I miss this show. Someone find the clip of that fashion show episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 29, 2020 3:41 AM

I got Jennie Garth's autobiography at the Dollar Tree.

by Anonymousreply 11November 29, 2020 3:46 AM

R10 She literally looks like a bargain bin prostitute in that clip.

R11 Honey, that’s a read.

by Anonymousreply 12November 29, 2020 3:47 AM

They had to write Gabrielle Cateris' real-life geriatric pregnancy into the show. Older mothers never can hide their pregnancies on TV. Daphne on Frasier and CC on The Nanny were HUGE!

by Anonymousreply 13November 29, 2020 3:50 AM

R6 she was on some show with Kelsey Grammer. Had no problem showing off the goods despite how fake they looked.

by Anonymousreply 14November 29, 2020 3:53 AM

They really jumped the shark by making Valerie her father’s killer.

by Anonymousreply 15November 29, 2020 4:07 AM

R13 She was 33 when she gave birth, not 83.

-Carteris us now VP of SAG-AFTRA.

-Shannon Doherty is a crazy right-winger.

-FOX made the show have Brenda having a pregnancy scare to "punish" her from having sex.

-Jamie Walters asked to be let go because his domestic abuse plotline was hurting his music career. He's a firefighter/paramedic now.

-Kathleen Robertson dated Gregg Araki for 2 years. Before and after their relationship he identified as "gay."

by Anonymousreply 16November 29, 2020 4:20 AM

Gabrielle’s menopause was very ahead of it’s time.

by Anonymousreply 17November 29, 2020 4:28 AM

^story

by Anonymousreply 18November 29, 2020 4:28 AM

[Quote] Kathleen Robertson dated Gregg Araki for 2 years. Before and after their relationship he identified as "gay."

So Gregg is bi.

by Anonymousreply 19November 29, 2020 4:29 AM

Cindy Walsh went full dyke by the end of her time on the show

by Anonymousreply 20November 29, 2020 4:29 AM

David's friend Scott shot himself. It's why you don't see him acting anymore.

by Anonymousreply 21November 29, 2020 1:42 PM

R20 No, she didn't.

by Anonymousreply 22November 29, 2020 1:55 PM

My two favorite moments on the show involve Cindy. First, when she walks in on Jackie (Kelly's mom) doing blow in the ladies room at the mother-daughter fashion show. Second, when Brenda has a sleepover and Cindy starts dancing with the girls and is interrupted by Kelly's cunty friend, Amanda perhaps. I hated that they needed to change the music in the reruns and DVDs. I believe they originally danced to "Mony Mony"

by Anonymousreply 23November 30, 2020 10:27 PM

[quote]I hated that they needed to change the music in the reruns and DVDs.

Losing My Religion as it related to Brenda and Dylan...losing her virginity...iirc. Changing the song ruins the scene. Everybody in school was talking about that scene.

by Anonymousreply 24November 30, 2020 10:39 PM

[quote] David's friend Scott shot himself. It's why you don't see him acting anymore.

OMG! Did he survive?

by Anonymousreply 25November 30, 2020 10:40 PM

I hated Emily Valentine. She should have been Claire’s girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 26November 30, 2020 10:43 PM

Useless trivia - In Bogota (and perhaps in other Latin American locales) the show's title is vocalized as "Ninety Two Ten", not "Nine Oh Two One Oh".

by Anonymousreply 27November 30, 2020 10:48 PM

Why is it called Nine Oh Two One Oh and not Nine Zero Two One Zero? Those 0’s are letters or numbers?

by Anonymousreply 28November 30, 2020 11:09 PM

It would probably have been similar in Upper Manhattan, r27. I used to be a bill collector and spoke with a lot of people in Harlem and Washington Heights. When they updated their addresses, ZIP Codes were always, "One hundred forty," "one hundred twenty nine," etc.

by Anonymousreply 29November 30, 2020 11:14 PM

R29 Because those numbers pre-date the ZIP code system. Just like you really know an old time NYer when they talk about the IRT and BMT.

I love Old NYers.

by Anonymousreply 30November 30, 2020 11:16 PM

[quote]Why is it called Nine Oh Two One Oh and not Nine Zero Two One Zero? Those 0’s are letters or numbers?

Do you live in the US? Zip codes and phone numbers are almost always said with an "oh", not a "zero".

by Anonymousreply 31November 30, 2020 11:18 PM

[Quote] I hated that they needed to change the music in the reruns and DVDs. I believe they originally danced to "Mony Mony"

It sucks when that happens. And i know they edited scenes out too.

by Anonymousreply 32December 1, 2020 12:03 AM

[quote]And i know they edited scenes out too.

I know. Why?

by Anonymousreply 33December 1, 2020 12:05 AM

No, r30. These were young people saying, "one hundred forty" for 10040. If they were old people using postal zones, they would have said New York 40, New York.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 1, 2020 12:29 AM

I remember loving the episode with Color Me Badd where Donna finds out her mom is cheating on her dad.

by Anonymousreply 35December 1, 2020 12:53 AM

Anyone remember - the sorta promos, at the end of the show for pop singers? Those are probably not in the reruns. Tori Spelling -- did she stand at a jukebox or something? "Jeremy Jordan - ummm..."

by Anonymousreply 36December 1, 2020 1:56 AM

Supposedly Jason Priestly got the role bent over Darren Starr's desk.

by Anonymousreply 37December 1, 2020 3:42 AM

Jason Priestley and Brad Pitt were roommates when they started out.

by Anonymousreply 38December 1, 2020 3:49 AM

R33 money

R36 the Jeremy Jordan one is the only promo i have seen during a rerun.

by Anonymousreply 39December 1, 2020 4:49 AM

R39 Then maybe it was the only one that there ever was. Was he under contract to Aaron Spelling or something?

by Anonymousreply 40December 1, 2020 2:54 PM

R39 How does cutting scenes on DVD releases = money?

by Anonymousreply 41December 1, 2020 2:55 PM

R40 i'm sure there were more.

R41 well if it involves music then they obviously can't or don't want to pay for it and avoid licensing issues.

by Anonymousreply 42December 1, 2020 3:11 PM

Watching the pilot right now and it is awful, lmao. I can't remember the last time I've watched this... maybe 20+ years ago? Like normally a pilot will be rough around the edges but show some potential but the pilot of 90210 is just awful. For one, they have the kids actually act like kids, and who wants to see that? And the actress playing Jackie is all wrong. Jason Priestley's mullet is not doing it for me either.

Good thing they massively retooled this show when they picked it up.

by Anonymousreply 43December 16, 2020 1:50 AM

Jackie Taylor was giving you Sharon Stone realness on a prime-time budget. She was wonderfully cast.

That scene of Kelly rolling up her dad's check to snort a line lived rent-free in my head for years, especially during the time when I was enjoying some fine powdered inhalants myself! Medicinal purposes only, of course.

by Anonymousreply 44December 16, 2020 1:59 AM

The black principal and hispanic teacher were supposed to be recurring.

by Anonymousreply 45December 16, 2020 2:02 AM

The Peach Pit's secret sauce has some of my spirit.

by Anonymousreply 46December 16, 2020 2:03 AM

R44 The pilot has a wrong Jackie. I never realized there were two.

by Anonymousreply 47December 16, 2020 2:05 AM

The pilot is awful. No wonder the first season had such low ratings.

by Anonymousreply 48December 16, 2020 2:10 AM

Kelly Taylor’s mom was a coke whore

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 16, 2020 2:11 AM

And so was Kelly Taylor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50December 16, 2020 2:12 AM

R48 It's truly terrible. The whole storyline of Brenda telling obvious lies about her age to a badly miscast and not even that hot anymore Maxwell Caulfield is just so bizarre and ridiculous. The dialogue is atrocious. The tone is all wrong and the kids seem like kids and there isn't any glamour.

Strangely, just about the only thing that really works in the whole pilot episode IMO is the storyline of Andrea living out of district and Brandon following her home. And I'm not an Andrea fan at all usually.

by Anonymousreply 51December 16, 2020 2:26 AM

One thing the pilot has going for it is the party house was Joan Crawford's house in Mommie Dearest.

by Anonymousreply 52December 16, 2020 2:27 AM

The pilot really does suck.

by Anonymousreply 53December 16, 2020 2:28 AM

They had a 90120 cd and promoted the music on the show. I believe Cathy Dennis played their prom?

by Anonymousreply 54December 16, 2020 2:38 AM

[Quote] The whole storyline of Brenda telling obvious lies about her age to a badly miscast and not even that hot anymore Maxwell Caulfield is just so bizarre and ridiculous

What's bizarre about it?

by Anonymousreply 55December 16, 2020 2:41 AM

[quote] I believe Cathy Dennis played their prom?

That was always a mind boggler as she was about 2 years past her expiration date by then.

by Anonymousreply 56December 16, 2020 12:02 PM

Tori’s face changed a lot. Her character was virgin.

by Anonymousreply 57December 16, 2020 12:16 PM

I always thought Ian Ziering was perfect as Steve, one of my favorite actors on the show. I thought he gave the show some energy. But my friends were always saying he overacted and was terrible. I thought they were confusing the actor with the character.

by Anonymousreply 58December 16, 2020 4:07 PM

He must have pissed off someone in the wardrobe department. They always had him in God awful clothes. And that crop top from one of the beach episodes is fucking hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 59December 16, 2020 6:56 PM

The one I really did not like was Ahhndrea. She would never have wasted her time with that crew; she would have been utterly focused on getting into Yale. And they wouldn't even have noticed her apart from her working on the paper with Brandon.

by Anonymousreply 60December 16, 2020 7:08 PM

They totally ruined her character. She dedicated her entire life to getting into Yale, then decides to go to "California University" and then gets knocked up?

by Anonymousreply 61December 16, 2020 7:19 PM

Did she not get into Yale? How did she end up at the same college as all these losers who didn’t even try?

by Anonymousreply 62December 16, 2020 7:20 PM

She got in. She went to the welcoming tea party and everything. Then she decided she didn't want to end up in debt. She should've followed her dream and gotten Jordan's BBD every night.

by Anonymousreply 63December 16, 2020 7:45 PM

[quote]The one I really did not like was Ahhndrea. She would never have wasted her time with that crew; she would have been utterly focused on getting into Yale. And they wouldn't even have noticed her apart from her working on the paper with Brandon.

R60 This kind of sounds like you liked her and didn't like the crew

by Anonymousreply 64December 16, 2020 11:34 PM

Wtf was that "reboot" they did in 2019? (I think?) W. T. F. was that all about?

by Anonymousreply 65December 16, 2020 11:37 PM

R65 - the reboot was terrible. I tried to watch, and it was so dreadfully dull I gave up after about 3 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 66December 16, 2020 11:39 PM

R66 You're brave, I only made it through the first one. Why didn't they do a real reboot, though, instead of whatever that shit was supposed to be?

by Anonymousreply 67December 16, 2020 11:50 PM

I liked the reboot but wasn't surprised it got cancelled. And i still haven't finished 90210. All of the characters were so obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 68December 17, 2020 5:00 AM

I loved this show and the characters, especially Kelly, Dylan, Steve and Donna. I just liked Ahhndrea the least of the original ones. Wasn't a fan of Valerie, Gina, or Emily.

by Anonymousreply 69December 17, 2020 6:17 AM

I liked the campy reboot. The only reason people tune n to reunions us to see what they look like now and them interacting with each other. It gave us that.

by Anonymousreply 70December 17, 2020 6:20 AM

Christine Elise was hilarious in the reboot. She should get her own sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 71December 17, 2020 12:42 PM

Andrea was fine at first because the character was in her own lane. No one liked her or noticed her but Brandon. Kelly was a bitch to her and looked down on her. It was realistic. Then in season 2 they added her to the popular kids group and she was one of them. It was a joke. None of them would hang out with her in real life.

by Anonymousreply 72December 17, 2020 12:52 PM

I think the tongue-in-cheek premise for the reboot was an interesting take on a reboot, but who did they think the audience would be? People who watched this crapfest in the 90s aren’t likely to watch a rebooted series. We’ve all since been through shows like Gossip Girl and Gilmore Girls. The actors from 90210 left their relevance behind in the 90s. The only interesting one has been Tori, and that’s only because no one can resist a train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 73December 17, 2020 1:06 PM

The reboot did well in ratings for the first 2 episodes but by episode 3 lost a lot.

If they did a traditional reboot it would have done better.

by Anonymousreply 74December 17, 2020 1:08 PM

R72 Kelly was a bitch to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 75December 17, 2020 1:14 PM

The reboot felt like "So NoTorious", Tori's show, but not as good or fun.

I will always be a Shannen fan, the show (original), was less without her.

by Anonymousreply 76December 17, 2020 1:17 PM

Most would agree r76, as season 4 was the shows highest rated season, and then after she left the show dropped in ratings and never recovered.

The first few episodes of season 5 were some of the highest single episodes the show ever had, but then people tuned out.

by Anonymousreply 77December 17, 2020 1:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78December 17, 2020 2:13 PM

Classic r78

by Anonymousreply 79December 17, 2020 2:27 PM

It’s sadly embarrassing how so many cast members left the show over the years.... yet there was Tori Spelling FOREVER, refusing to budge.

She knew she was unlikely to ever be offered another job. (And who can blame her, I guess.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80December 17, 2020 2:42 PM

R80 She was working for the family business, she wasn't going to quit the show.

I didn't miss Brenda that much. Shannen did give the show a spark but a lot of her storylines were stupid. Pretending to be a French girl was how-you-say? Stupide, n'est-ce pas?

As for the reboot, I was super disappointed. I was expecting a show in the style of the original, that's the only way it would have worked. What a waste of time.

I have a question about Jim and Cindy. The characters returned to Beverly Hills periodically in the last few seasons, to visit, when they were living in Japan (?) I think - but never together. Can someone explain what that was about?

by Anonymousreply 81December 17, 2020 4:54 PM

*Meaning: why did they never appear together? Did they refuse to work together?

by Anonymousreply 82December 17, 2020 4:55 PM

Robyn lively says she turned down the role of ahhhndrea. She didn’t want to work with boyfriend Priestley. Leslie bega (rich girl marianne in the pilot) says she was meant to have a more substantial role going forward, but didn’t want to get stuck doing another series after head of the class.

by Anonymousreply 83December 17, 2020 4:59 PM

What dumbasses. At least it gave Bega more time to wrap ties around Michael Hutchence's throat I guess.

by Anonymousreply 84December 17, 2020 10:34 PM

[Quote] yet there was Tori Spelling FOREVER, refusing to budge.

I don't think any other character remained a virgin for 7 seasons. I love how Donna had no problem sleeping around after David lol

[Quote] The characters returned to Beverly Hills periodically in the last few seasons, to visit, when they were living in Japan (?) I think - but never together. Can someone explain what that was about?

Didn't they move to Hong Kong?

[Quote] Robyn lively says she turned down the role of ahhhndrea. She didn’t want to work with boyfriend Priestley. Leslie bega (rich girl marianne in the pilot) says she was meant to have a more substantial role going forward, but didn’t want to get stuck doing another series after head of the class.

Did not know Robyn dated Jason. And i wish Marianne stuck around, i liked her.

by Anonymousreply 85December 18, 2020 12:24 AM

I'd prefer that cunty Amanda Peyser stick around. And clepto Tiffany.

by Anonymousreply 86December 18, 2020 3:19 AM

[quote]Didn't they move to Hong Kong?

R85 Probably, but whether it was Japan or Hong Kong, I'm curious about why they always came home alone, never together.

by Anonymousreply 87December 18, 2020 4:20 AM

R86 omg you just reminded me of Cindy telling to Tiffany to [italic] try and steal her parents attention [/italic] lmao

R87 i think one of the storylines was about Cindy going through a rough patch with Jim and Brandon has to talk her down.

by Anonymousreply 88December 18, 2020 5:25 AM

Donna's sanctimonious mother Felice having an affair was not too believable.

I loved Donna's doctor father and nearly cried when he died.

by Anonymousreply 89December 18, 2020 5:30 AM

Did anybody else think that David Gail who played Stuart Carson (Brenda’s wealthy boyfriend for a few episodes in season 4) had a striking resemblance to Rock Hudson, I had to check to see if they were related. If Hudson hadn’t been gay, I would have speculated son.

by Anonymousreply 90December 18, 2020 6:29 AM

I always remember the pilot because I remember thinking during its initial run, "what is Maxwell Caulfield doing slumming on a pilot playing the object of affection of a teenage girl? He's really fallen on hard times since The Colbys".

I couldn't stand Emily Valentine on the original run, but I agree with r71 that Christine Elise was absolutely hilarious and the best part of the reboot. She really should do a sitcom. As much as I like Shannen, I thought she was terrible on the reboot, and you could tell she was there for the cheque.

by Anonymousreply 91December 18, 2020 6:41 AM

If Jennie Garth was so mean to other actresses on the show, how come nobody ever called her out on the behaviour at the time? Shannen was the one who got branded a b**ch. but since the show Tiffani and others have spoken about the mean girl culture on set.

by Anonymousreply 92December 18, 2020 9:17 AM

R92 why would they call her out when she was one of the leads and also friends with Tori???

by Anonymousreply 93December 18, 2020 9:33 AM

Well we all heard what a nightmare Shannen was even before she left the show yet we only heard about Jennie possibly being a mean girl years after the show ended.

by Anonymousreply 94December 18, 2020 9:41 AM

R88, I crack up every time I watch that episode and she says that line.

by Anonymousreply 95December 18, 2020 12:02 PM

Andrea really was looking her age by the fourth season, wasn’t she? She didn’t really fit with the others by that point. She totally should have gone to Yale and made guest appearances thereafter. Would have been truer to the character and maybe they could have introduced someone newer and fresher.

by Anonymousreply 96December 18, 2020 1:09 PM

[Quote] Would have been truer to the character and maybe they could have introduced someone newer and fresher.

They could have brought Valerie in. Have her team up with Brenda and mess with Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 97December 18, 2020 1:21 PM

[97] yeah that would have been a more interesting idea. Honestly all the Andrea storylines in season 4 sucked! She became a total frau.

by Anonymousreply 98December 18, 2020 1:25 PM

R96 I watched an episode the other day where Andrea has a line “I’m not even 20 years old yet.” I think the writers were mocking poor Gabrielle with that one.

by Anonymousreply 99December 18, 2020 1:31 PM

Gabrielle looked her age by season 4, for sure. By season 5 she has lines around her eyes and that haircut wasn’t doing her any favors.

My mother never understood why they kept her on past season 3. After they graduated she should have been dropped with just guest appearances. It never made sense she was suddenly one of the popular kids, and made even less sense she gave up her dreams (after getting into Yale) so she can stay with her friends.

by Anonymousreply 100December 18, 2020 1:40 PM

I liked that the show had some wholesome or just warm aspects, and wasn't just a soap with everyone being bitchy and competitive, and having affairs. There were enough of those shows on TV at the time. You needed characters like Andrea to be there to make the "concerned face" and generally be the nerdy good girl.

by Anonymousreply 101December 18, 2020 2:06 PM

[quote]R97 They could have brought Valerie in.

Or Sandy Duncan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102December 18, 2020 2:16 PM

[quote] Andrea finally gets some and they hire a guy who’s balding and then they saddle her with a kid. Poor, poor Andrea.

Producer Larry Mollin addressed this in an interview a few years ago. It's long, but really worth a read if you're a fan of the show.

[quote] Well, Gabrielle, we asked her politely–she was the oldest–if she could just hold back. We didn’t want to do a baby. Did not want to. We certainly didn’t do the Hunter Tylo thing where [Melrose Place] asked her to get an abortion but, you know, we didn’t want to go down that road. But she got pregnant and was having the baby and there was nothing we could do. I actually used my whole personal story for it. Her premature baby and all that came out of my life. We gave it a good shot. I have to admit I was not in the room when Mark Damon Espinoza [Jesse] was cast. I was totally appalled that they cast this guy. He had ears as big as Botswana as far as I was concerned. I just could not believe it. I have no idea what happened in that room that day when they cast him. I just thought they totally blew it. To have a guy with a receding hairline– just everything I thought was wrong. And he was a nice man but it just was never going to happen. And rather than getting like an Esai Morales, someone who was really sexy and good–I just had no idea what he was thinking, the old man. He was always difficult with minority casting. He would always go ways we would never understand but we never wanted to get into it. So they cast him and they just didn’t really click. It didn’t really add to us. It took away a lot of the fun, to have to be in this grown-up stuff. We eventually just didn’t think it was going to work, and I don’t know who made the decision; I guess it was the old man. She was done. She was gone. We sent her off to Yale, as I remember.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103December 18, 2020 2:18 PM

R103 Omg that was funny.

To be honest I never noticed his ears. He was not a bad looking guy, he was borderline cute, and he looked like the sort of guy Andrea would marry. But the whole storyline was deadly, and as a character Jesse was boring as mud.

"Well, Gabrielle, we asked her politely–she was the oldest–if she could just hold back"

That seems kind of awful. I mean the woman was over 30, she wanted to have a baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104December 18, 2020 6:25 PM

R104 yeah there’s no reason they had to incorporate it into the storyline, but you don’t tell someone especially that age they can’t get pregnant. I’m sure they could have found enough furniture to hide it - and even if it was kind of obvious (which is was, very, because she’s about 2 feet tall), who cares.

by Anonymousreply 105December 18, 2020 6:47 PM

The producers being upset with his casting is ridiculous. I get they wanted a minority who was “hotter”, but would Andrea really pull a gorgeous guy to marry? Please.

He was perfect casting for her. The issue is he was boring and they had zero chemistry. He had no chemistry with any of the cast

by Anonymousreply 106December 18, 2020 6:48 PM

Again, they should have just written her character out.

by Anonymousreply 107December 18, 2020 6:48 PM

Was Alicia Silverstone really offered the role of Valerie, she seems a bit young. Wonder how that would have been, I guess she had starred in the soapy fatal attraction wannabe “The Crush” around that time...

by Anonymousreply 108December 18, 2020 7:04 PM

[quote] I guess it was the old man. She was done. She was gone. We sent her off to Yale, as I remember.

So she did end up going to Yale?

by Anonymousreply 109December 18, 2020 7:26 PM

omg r103 that was brilliant. That producer was a bit cruel though to the actor who played Jesse. He wasn't ugly but I always thought he was boring and I always assumed he was closeted and gay lol

by Anonymousreply 110December 18, 2020 9:25 PM

R108 i don't think Alicia would be as good as Tiffani was at being bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 111December 19, 2020 3:26 AM

Wtf was with Andrea banging all those hot guys too?

by Anonymousreply 112December 19, 2020 3:28 AM

Wtf was with Andrea banging all those hot guys too?

by Anonymousreply 113December 19, 2020 3:28 AM

R103 Lolol the SHADE

by Anonymousreply 114December 19, 2020 3:32 AM

I hated Tiffani's looks. She had a face like a pumpkin.

"Tiffani" must be the trailer trashiest name ever.

by Anonymousreply 115December 19, 2020 3:33 AM

I thought TIffani was gorgeous and sexy.

by Anonymousreply 116December 19, 2020 3:34 AM

R115 ok Jennie

by Anonymousreply 117December 19, 2020 3:46 AM

Jennie Garth/Kelly always had bitch face and was smelling a fart.

Valerie was a fun bitch.

by Anonymousreply 118December 19, 2020 4:50 AM

They let Heather Locklear get pregnant when she was on “Melrose Place” and filmed strategically. There’s one scene where she has to lie on the floor (Amanda fell, maybe? I can’t remember) and she said they had to cut a hole in the set floor to fit her belly in.

by Anonymousreply 119December 19, 2020 5:48 AM

There were some memorable scenes and storylines in BH90210 that really showed the actors' ability.

Some that spring to mind..

Dylan seeing his father killed, and then later seeing him on tv

Kelly's reaction when Dylan got with Brenda

When Steve found out about his birth origin..

Dylan seeing his wife killed

by Anonymousreply 120December 19, 2020 6:03 AM

[quote]Again, they should have just written her character out.

Don't people have contracts? Also I don't think you can fire someone for being pregnant. I believe there are laws about that, which is, incidentally, a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 121December 19, 2020 6:10 PM

Gabrielle should have graciously stepped aside in the name of her character’s truth.

by Anonymousreply 122December 19, 2020 6:15 PM

Well they could have written her a better storyline.

by Anonymousreply 123December 19, 2020 6:19 PM

R122 I think she probably rightly knew she would never work again. None of these kids really did except Shannen Doherty and she was forced to put up with Alyssa Milano for 3 years.

by Anonymousreply 124December 19, 2020 6:21 PM

R124 People who are on a hit show who are making a lot of money don't graciously step aside, especially ones who later become president of SAG-AFTRA. They know their rights.

by Anonymousreply 125December 19, 2020 6:27 PM

Yeah, Gabby would have done exactly the same thing as Hunter would have done.

It's funny that the producer references the Hunter/Melrose situation. It's unbelievable to me now that they thought they could get away with that even in the '90s but I guess it was a different time.

by Anonymousreply 126December 19, 2020 7:14 PM

I don't recall them actually asking Tylo to get an abortion. I think she just said she felt like the only way she could "un-alter" her appearance would be to get one.

by Anonymousreply 127December 19, 2020 7:32 PM

Did anyone read the full interview with Larry Mollin? He gives really good details about Shannen's firing (she pissed off producers by getting a haircut mid-episode and introducing Tori to an abusive boyfriend), the firing of Dalton James (Jennie hated him and then Aaron made up a story about him being anti-semitic to justify his firing mid-season), D'Shawn being written out because Aaron didn't like him potentially hooking up with Tori's character, Brian Austin Green being pissed when they hired Tiffani who was his gf at the time, and Aaron wanting Jamie Walters fired because his character made Tori's look stupid.

by Anonymousreply 128December 19, 2020 7:43 PM

Tori didn’t need another actor to make her character look stupid. She did that well enough on her own.

by Anonymousreply 129December 19, 2020 9:11 PM

R128 I vaguely remember that Mark Reese character (did he work with Brandon or something?) but I don’t remember the anti Semitic plot. I only remember that with David (and I think it was a music producer, I can’t even quite remember that one).

Sadly, I did pretty much watch it until the bitter end. But a lot of the mid and later episodes blend into each other now.

by Anonymousreply 130December 19, 2020 9:22 PM

Mark worked with Brandon at the TV station. But the character wasn't anti-semitic; Aaron Spelling told producers the actor was an anti-semite to get them to fire him. In reality, he wasn't an anti-semite; Jennie Garth just didn't like the guy.

by Anonymousreply 131December 19, 2020 10:07 PM

[quote]Aaron Spelling told producers the actor was an anti-semite to get them to fire him.

I don't get why Aaron Spelling needed excuses to get producers to fire someone. It was his show, all he had to say was he wanted him fired (I would think)> Anyhow that's a pretty shitty thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 132December 19, 2020 10:37 PM

[Quote] the firing of Dalton James (Jennie hated him and then Aaron made up a story about him being anti-semitic to justify his firing mid-season), D'Shawn being written out because Aaron didn't like him potentially hooking up with Tori's character

So. Fucked. Up

by Anonymousreply 133December 19, 2020 10:47 PM

Okay I read the interview and now I get it.

by Anonymousreply 134December 19, 2020 11:05 PM

I also went back and read the linked interview with Charles Rosin. He calls the show a footnote in TV history. I think it was more that that.

by Anonymousreply 135December 20, 2020 1:03 AM

I watched an episode tonight where Jackie said:

[quote] It may be a while before I remember how to be sexy and charming without being inebriated.

Damn, Jackie, I know exactly how that feels! I couldn’t have said it better myself.

by Anonymousreply 136December 20, 2020 3:25 AM

Jackie must be one of DL's most beloved and iconic TV characters.

by Anonymousreply 137December 20, 2020 3:28 AM

Brian Austin-Green was super hung, supposedly. (And of course so was DL fave Jason Priestly)

by Anonymousreply 138December 20, 2020 3:30 AM

R138 I believe it.

by Anonymousreply 139December 20, 2020 3:31 AM

[Quote] Jackie must be one of DL's most beloved and iconic TV characters.

But what about her house?? Would you call it tasteful?

by Anonymousreply 140December 20, 2020 3:31 AM

R140 Her house reminds me of a 90s orthodontist's office TBH.

by Anonymousreply 141December 20, 2020 3:40 AM

Those big earrings on David Silver, though.

by Anonymousreply 142December 20, 2020 10:56 PM

Speaking of B.A.G. this interview with him was published today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143December 21, 2020 1:14 AM

Is he still into tranny hookers like that old angelfire gossip site claimed?

by Anonymousreply 144December 21, 2020 4:33 AM

R144 sounds like BAG has plenty in common with Marky Mark.

by Anonymousreply 145December 21, 2020 5:26 AM

R144 - wow angelfire. How I miss those early internet days! Never heard this particular gossip either, but ready and willing to listen if anyone's got the dish.

by Anonymousreply 146December 21, 2020 6:05 PM

Is that bad?

by Anonymousreply 147December 21, 2020 6:49 PM

I liked the more soap opera Melrose Place type years of this show (college and post college) more than the boring ass high school years

by Anonymousreply 148December 25, 2020 1:41 PM

I totally disagree. I loved the high school years - the slumber party, Jackie Taylor, Palm Springs, Emily Valentine, Color Me Badd.

by Anonymousreply 149December 25, 2020 1:48 PM

R149 I don't like self contained episode structure, same reason I don't like the early seasons of Knots Landing as the first three seasons of that show were mostly self contained issue of the week episodes

I prefer the serialized/soap storytelling that Knots and 90210 eventually embraced in its 4th seasons

by Anonymousreply 150December 25, 2020 1:54 PM

Yeah I see that R150 things would happen, pretty serious things and then never discussed again. Like when Dylan saved Brandon from falling off a cliff. Did they ever talk about Scott killing himself again? Brendas breast cancer scare. In reality these things would take weeks to get over, surely.

by Anonymousreply 151December 25, 2020 2:29 PM

R151 and Knots Landing's early seasons had the same thing

Karen's son Michael has ADD and after this episode it's never brought up or discussed again!

Val has an operation for a tumor that might be cancerous, after this one episode , it's never talked about again, nor was it brought up before this episode

The Knots girls spend the night in a house that might be haunted when le in a road trip, never brought up or discussed after that one episode

by Anonymousreply 152December 25, 2020 2:35 PM

I actually liked the self-contained episodes.

[quote]Like when Dylan saved Brandon from falling off a cliff.

Was this the episode that was supposed to take place at Yosemite? Only it was filmed in Santa Clarita. And looked it.

by Anonymousreply 153December 25, 2020 8:29 PM

Found the exact clip R153

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154December 25, 2020 8:45 PM

Didn’t the Walshes almost die in a plant crash one Christmas too? They got over that pretty quickly too.

by Anonymousreply 155December 25, 2020 8:57 PM

Plane crash*

by Anonymousreply 156December 25, 2020 8:59 PM

r80 HOW DARE YOU?? Tori was in the masterpiece Mother may I sleep with Danger?

by Anonymousreply 157December 28, 2020 3:45 PM

How prophetic that Brenda had a breast cancer scare and now Shannen has Brest Cancer.

by Anonymousreply 158December 28, 2020 3:47 PM

Named after Martin Brest?

by Anonymousreply 159December 28, 2020 8:13 PM

R159 I saw that yesterday and was literally going to write the same thing then figured no one would know who that was. Shit.

Hoo-hah!!!

by Anonymousreply 160December 28, 2020 9:21 PM

R154 Ha, I just watched that one recently. It was a cute episode! They met a newlywed couple at the next cabin and helped them resolve their marital strife. Steve got conned by an old couple when he tried to drink beer. I enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 161December 28, 2020 9:27 PM

R160 haha

One of my friends was an intern in his office, only reason I remember his name.

by Anonymousreply 162December 29, 2020 12:38 AM

Poor Martin Brest.

Gigli really destroyed his career.

by Anonymousreply 163December 29, 2020 12:50 AM

The studio took it away from him and re-did it, as I recall. But I guess he still gets the blame.

by Anonymousreply 164December 29, 2020 1:07 AM

Tori Spelling and Shannen Doherty are great at the Electric Slide, while Jennie Garth and Gabrielle Carteris are awful at it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165January 8, 2021 1:48 PM

R165 Gabrielle's "attempt" never fails to make me laugh. And Tori's outfit could still work today.

by Anonymousreply 166January 8, 2021 11:53 PM

Tori's best work in my opinion outside of 90210 was "Death of a Cheerleader" or the alternate name "A Friend to Die For" with Kelly Martin. Tori's death scene when Kelly Martin stabs her is Oscar worthy.

by Anonymousreply 167January 9, 2021 3:44 PM

Tori is underrated as an actress.

by Anonymousreply 168January 9, 2021 3:46 PM

Why was Mrs. Teasly so high and mighty about Andrea sneaking over from the Valley to West Beverly? Jewish Andrea Zuckerman is much more representative on Beverly High than the Brandon Walsh's & Kelly Taylor's of the world. They are pure fiction and are more likely to have gone;lived in Newport Beach or the Palisades. In fact, everyone at Beverly High is Persian/Russian Jew.

by Anonymousreply 169January 9, 2021 3:48 PM

[quote] In fact, everyone at Beverly High is Persian/Russian Jew.

That’s why this is [italic]West Beverly.

by Anonymousreply 170January 9, 2021 3:52 PM

Why did they switch from Lainie Kazan to Bess Meisler as Andrea's grandmother?

by Anonymousreply 171January 9, 2021 4:57 PM

Viewers kept thinking Gabrielle and Lainie were sisters.

by Anonymousreply 172January 9, 2021 7:38 PM

R165 to be fair, Gabrielle moved very well for someone her age

by Anonymousreply 173January 9, 2021 7:57 PM

As a gayling, I remember Brandon always seems to have a bulging package.

by Anonymousreply 174January 9, 2021 10:56 PM

R169 two of the main characters were Jewish I guess that was their nod to reality (which is actually considerable since this was back in a time where even Bea and Estelle had to be made Italian by TV execs)

And of course you had two more actors (Tori and Ian) who were Jewish IRL (but daddy had to make her an all-American “good Catholic” girl - which was terribly convincing).

Dana Barron (from Vacation) played one of Brandon’s GFs for a while I think she might have been as old as Andrea (another actress under 5 feet who worked for decades playing teenagers).

by Anonymousreply 175January 10, 2021 12:43 AM

[Quote] Dana Barron (from Vacation) played one of Brandon’s GFs for a while I think she might have been as old as Andrea (another actress under 5 feet who worked for decades playing teenagers).

Yes! She played Nikki and i liked her as Brandon's gf. I was surprised when i found out how old she was.

The episode with David Arquette as her abusive ex is a classic.

by Anonymousreply 176January 10, 2021 1:31 AM

What happened to the brother, Randy Spelling, who played Steve Sanders' brother?

by Anonymousreply 177January 10, 2021 6:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!